inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are you a Shoe-a-holic?

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/09/10 at 10:27 am

My dad was telling me that he was going through my late mother's stuff and was going to donate her clothes, he said she had about 30 pairs of shoes.  My mother was the type of person who had to get shoes to go with every outfit, if she wore navy-she had navy shoes (and purse), if she wore purple-she would seach high and low to find the exact color. 

I started thinking about the shoes I own, I have a pair of brown loafers and a pair of black, 2 paif of sneakers, a pair of black heels a pair of brown heels, some flip flops and one pair of brown clogs.  I own no white shoes and I usually wear brown shoes with everything. I'd rather be barefoot than wear shoes and I will only wear heels if I have to.

Are you the type of person who has to find that "perfect" shoe for an outfit?  How many pairs do you own.  Is your shoe rack like a rainbow or as boring as mine?  ;D

Subject: Re: Are you a Shoe-a-holic?

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/09/10 at 10:37 am

My dad was telling me that he was going through my late mother's stuff and was going to donate her clothes, he said she had about 30 pairs of shoes.  My mother was the type of person who had to get shoes to go with every outfit, if she wore navy-she had navy shoes (and purse), if she wore purple-she would seach high and low to find the exact color.  

I started thinking about the shoes I own, I have a pair of brown loafers and a pair of black, 2 paif of sneakers, a pair of black heels a pair of brown heels, some flip flops and one pair of brown clogs.  I own no white shoes and I usually wear brown shoes with everything. I'd rather be barefoot than wear shoes and I will only wear heels if I have to.

Are you the type of person who has to find that "perfect" shoe for an outfit?  How many pairs do you own.  Is your shoe rack like a rainbow or as boring as mine?  ;D

If I had the money (or didn't spend it all on my kids)I think my shoe rack would definitely be a rainbow...  When I was single, I had 2 different pairs of Blue heels (one more purpley than the others), a pair of red heels, dk Brown heels, bone, beige, black, and gold with all different color of jewels sandals...  I also had black and brown loafers, jesus birki's, and a pair of tennis shoes (I have always had lots of variety, but not many tennis shoes)...  Let alone Ropers (boots - teal, black, brown, red....)

Now I have a pair of Black (8 years old) with rhinestones and brown (3 years old) cowboy boots, black sandals, black mary janes, brown eastlands, brown earths, 2 pairs of brown sandals, ivory heels, gold pumps, black heels, brown sneakers, 2 pairs of tennis shoes, and don't make me count flip flops....  (I keep shoes much longer now, and most of them are "teacher" shoes)  I broke my foot 4 years ago, and I can not seem to buy heels or cheap shoes and wear them very long any longer  :\'(

FOR THE RECORD - I do not match purse's though.... I just cannot seem to change my purse that often - I love buying them, but switching them out just completely throws me off (can't find anything)....  I have green fringe bag, I have fur edged (winter only) brown suede, a fake coach, a white macrame, and brown utility cloth....  Nothing too special there - I wish

Don't ask about sunglasses though  ::)

Or anything I can find for $10 or less on the clearance racks at target...

Written By: Henk on 10/09/10 at 11:02 am

If there's one thing I find it hard to resist buying, it's shoes. Dunno why really. :-\\

That said, it's not easy for me to find shoes that fit me (I have rather small feet). Still I managed to collect about 20 pairs. Apparently, that's rather a lot for a man.

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/09/10 at 11:13 am

If there's one thing I find it hard to resist buying, it's shoes. Dunno why really. :-\\

That said, it's not easy for me to find shoes that fit me (I have rather small feet). Still I managed to collect about 20 pairs. Apparently, that's rather a lot for a man.
My father in law LOVES shoes, and he is always buying a new pair...  He has probably 8 pairs of work shoes (and he is a livestock and grain producer)/boots...  It is hilarious going shopping with him... He makes me look like I am a discriminating shopper

Written By: Midas on 10/09/10 at 11:13 am

I used to own about 20 pairs of shoes.  I think I may own less than that now...they're not all unpacked yet.

Lessee:

1 pair black dress shoes for work
1 pair casual-sketcher-like shoes
1 pair New Balance
3 pair Vans Bearcat (black, brown and blue)
1 pair Vans Classic suede (wore those for my wedding)
1 pair brown mansandles (like Tevas but not Tevas)
2 pair flip-flops  (black and brown)
1 pair Dr. Martens

I think that's it, unless you count slippers for around the house in the winter.  :P

I could use a pair of brown dress shoes.

Written By: Frank on 10/09/10 at 11:28 am

I have about 5 pairs of shoes. I don't need more than that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/09/10 at 11:59 am

I have a very hard time finding shoes for several reasons: 1. I have an extremely tiny foot (size 6). When I find something that I like, half the time they don't have it in my size.  >:( Or if they do have it in my size, the cost is outrageous. 2. I am very picky about the style. Looking at the dress shoes I have had over the years, they are all very similar in style. My everyday shoes are: a pair of New Balance sneakers, a pair of sandals (that I wear in the summer or when we are in PR), and flip-flops when we go to the beach. I do have a pair of boots for the winter. In terms of dress shoes, I usually wear: off-white sandals, black sandals, or black Hush Puppies. (If you look at any of the photos that I have posted where I am dressed up, you will see that I am wearing one of those three). I do have other dress shoes but those three are the main ones that I will wear. I do have a pair of brown shoes that I wear with a certain brown dress. I also have a pair of Garfield slippers.  :D ;D ;D ;D

I was looking for a pair of blue shoes to wear to the wedding to go with that blue dress I wore. I bought a pair on-line (from Sears) and it said the color was "Navy". When the shoes arrived, they looked more black. Oh well. Since there wasn't enough time to look for another pair, I figured black would have gone with the dress so I decided to wear them. I am really glad that I had my older (off-white) pair with me (wore them the day before) because when I was getting ready, I put on the black (new) ones, and they just didn't feel right. They felt like the heal would have broke at any moment-and I was planning to do a lot of dancing. So, I wore the off-white ones. They went with the dress, too. After the wedding, I took them back to Sears.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/09/10 at 2:56 pm

4 pairs of black loafers
2 pairs of sneakers
2 pairs of slippers

Written By: Henk on 10/09/10 at 3:40 pm

And FTR: I have no sandals or flip-flops at all. The mere thought... * shivers *

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/09/10 at 4:47 pm

Well apparently I need special help.  Shoe rehab stat!  I have at least 100 pairs of shoes.  Probably more.  I love shoes.  I have every single color, every style, every brand, every type.  Some cheap, some expensive.  I just adore shoes!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/09/10 at 4:55 pm

Well apparently I need special help.  Shoe rehab stat!  I have at least 100 pairs of shoes.  Probably more.  I love shoes.  I have every single color, every style, every brand, every type.  Some cheap, some expensive.  I just adore shoes!!!
O0

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/09/10 at 6:49 pm

Do you?  WOW!! 

Maybe I'm the strange one, I mean even my husband has more shoes than I do. 

I don't buy cheap shoes (except for Old Navy flip-flops) because I ruined my feet when I was younger by wearing poorly made shoes.  I'd rather spend a bit more on a pair I know won't kill my feet and will last a long time.

I have a very hard time finding shoes for several reasons: 1. I have an extremely tiny foot (size 6).
Cat

You do have small feet, my sister is even smaller, she wears a 5 1/2. 

I don't know where I came from...my sis 5 1/2, my mom 6 and me a size 10 (sometimes 10 1/2)!!! :o :o

My daughter is taking after me, she is almost 10 years old and wears a ladies 7!!

FOR THE RECORD - I do not match purse's though.... I just cannot seem to change my purse that often - I love buying them, but switching them out just completely throws me off (can't find anything)....  I have green fringe bag, I have fur edged (winter only) brown suede, a fake coach, a white macrame, and brown utility cloth....  Nothing too special there - I wish

Don't ask about sunglasses though  ::)

Or anything I can find for $10 or less on the clearance racks at target...

That's another thing I don't have many of either, 1 black purse and 1 brown purse and 1 pair of sunglasses.

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/09/10 at 6:55 pm

My dad also has a lot of shoes, most of which hurt his feet and just wind up collecting dust in the closet.

Written By: Henk on 10/10/10 at 1:17 am

That said, it's not easy for me to find shoes that fit me (I have rather small feet).

FYI: I have a size 40 (European), but sometimes I fit into a size 39. That would be a 7 to 7.5 in US size. It's not impossible to find shoes that size, but the choice is limited.

Written By: Frank on 10/10/10 at 8:30 pm

I wear size 45 Euroipen, ( size 10 or 10.5 in Canada)
My wife wears size 3 1/2 to 4... :o

Written By: karen on 10/13/10 at 12:32 pm

I have quite big feet.  They got bigger after I had children.  I am about 8 and a half to 9 UK (Eur 42, US 11).

I own two pairs of trainers (one brown, one blue), one pair of tan nubuck slip-ons, black court shoes.  These are the shoes I am mostly wearing at the moment.

Two pairs of smart boots (one brown one black)

three pairs of sandals, one pair of cheap flip flops

one pair of wellies, one pair of walking boots, one pair of ski boots

one pair of gold pumps, maybe one pair of navy court shoes (though I might have thrown these out cos I haven't worn them for years)

and three or four pairs of orienteering shoes

Written By: Bobby on 10/17/10 at 11:02 am

It must be pretty difficult, Lorac, to colour co-ordinate a wardrobe to a degree where handbags and shoes have to match the outfit. I'm lucky if my socks match half the time.  ;D

I am not a shoe-a-holic but I have more pairs of shoes now than I ever did at any one time (two pairs of running trainers, two pairs of walking trainers, a pair of hard-wearing trainers, three pairs of shoes...and a pair of slippers).

Written By: whistledog on 10/20/10 at 4:03 pm

I have one pair of shoes and they have a hole in them lol

Written By: Howard on 10/21/10 at 7:09 am

Isn't it time to go shopping?  ::)

Written By: Bobby on 10/23/10 at 10:11 am

In order to get your feet in them.  ;)

Written By: Gis on 10/23/10 at 5:12 pm

Ok I'm not as bad as Ash but I do have a LOT of shoes! Just check out my albums on Facebook! ;D

I don't really have high heels because I am tall and I also can't stand up or walk in them!

I do seem to have an awful lot of boots, I like boots. 

Written By: barefootrobin on 10/26/10 at 5:52 pm

I'm as bad as Ash, My particular addiction is sandals.  Cute, summer sandals, oh how I love thee.  I would never say out loud how many pair I have - that would be gauche, my secret stays in the closet.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 10/28/10 at 11:47 am

I have quite a few, but most of them are casual/athletic shoes.  I have a bone spur near my big toe which makes finding comfortable shoes difficult so I tend to buy them when I find ones that are comfortable.  I also have thin/narrow feet so most flip-flops and mules don't fit...they go flying off as I walk :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/07/10 at 6:11 pm

I'm as bad as Ash, My particular addiction is sandals.  Cute, summer sandals, oh how I love thee.  I would never say out loud how many pair I have - that would be gauche, my secret stays in the closet.

Well now I feel like an ass, Robin.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/thebirdman.gif

I finally went over to my exes and got the rest of my clothes and shoes.  You will all be pleased to know that I gave away 27 pairs.  And three hefty bags full of clothes.  I am streamlining.  ;D

Written By: Gis on 11/08/10 at 10:36 am

Well now I feel like an ass, Robin.   http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/thebirdman.gif

I finally went over to my exes and got the rest of my clothes and shoes.  You will all be pleased to know that I gave away 27 pairs.  And three hefty bags full of clothes.  I am streamlining.   ;D

Yeah, yeah, yeah I believe you.  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/16/10 at 1:28 am

I bought two pairs of boots, a pair of loafers, and a pair of slippers yesterday.   :-[  ;D

I went Christmas Shopping.

Did I buy ONE Christmas present?  Nope.

Do I have the money for the shoes and boots?  Nope.

My name is Ashley and I'm a shoe-a-holic.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/16/10 at 7:13 am

I bought two pairs of boots, a pair of loafers, and a pair of slippers yesterday.   :-[  ;D

I went Christmas Shopping.

Did I buy ONE Christmas present?  Nope.

Do I have the money for the shoes and boots?  Nope.

My name is Ashley and I'm a shoe-a-holic.
Don't feel bad Ash, I just went shopping and I bought 2 pairs of snow boots, 2 pairs of fashion boots and 2 pairs of slippers  :P

Yep, I live vicariously through my daughters, cause they were all for them  :-\\

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/09/10 at 6:23 am

OMG. Where's Ash?? Where's Robin???  I just found the most gorgeous set of heels!  I so wish my right foot wasn't broken, although I may try and bear the pain to have these!  I could not buy them and have them just sitting in my closet though, for they would mock me!  

OK basque in the glory...

Ready?

Get set.....,

Look!
http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.195878465.jpg

BTW.., those are real swarvoski crystals..,

And posting that image is hard from the phone!

Written By: Howard on 12/09/10 at 7:19 am

Just last week I went to MJM shoes and bout myself a $50 pair of Black Kenneth Cole shoes.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/10 at 7:20 am

OMG. Where's Ash?? Where's Robin???  I just found the most gorgeous set of heels!  I so wish my right foot wasn't broken, although I may try and bear the pain to have these!  I could not buy them and have them just sitting in my closet though, for they would mock me!  

Ready?

Get set.....,

Look!

That is beautiful.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/09/10 at 10:34 am

Ready?

Get set.....,

Look!

I like them except one thing-they are too &^%$# high. I would kill myself if I wore any heel THAT high. If they had a little lower heel I could SOOOO wear them.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...