inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Apparently flaming drives online communities... guess I've been doing it wrong

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/08/10 at 9:43 pm

Flaming drives online social networks

Subject: Re: Apparently flaming drives online communities... guess I've been doing it wrong

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/08/10 at 9:45 pm

Reminds me of an uber-long flame war between.... well... I'm not gonna mention it, but it was on AmIRight.

Subject: Re: Apparently flaming drives online communities... guess I've been doing it wrong

Written By: gibbo on 12/08/10 at 9:52 pm

Probably true.  Our most exciting threads have had tons of angst and controversy....and usually end with someone being banned!

Written By: wildcard on 12/08/10 at 10:37 pm

I think it is true, but I try to stay away from threads with tons of angst and controversy because if I don't mind my own busines then I'll end up doing something stupid.  I do it wrong too.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/08/10 at 10:43 pm

Reminds me of an uber-long flame war between.... well... I'm not gonna mention it, but it was on AmIRight.

I'm guessing it was political. :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/09/10 at 4:59 pm

A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CHEVROLET SMALL BLOCK V-8.

Come on, you know you miss it.  ;)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/09/10 at 5:33 pm

I'm guessing it was political. :D

Nope, it was about someone who copied someone's parody idea, and someone who supported the original author, and a huge flame war began, but ended about a week afterward.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/10/10 at 6:23 pm

Nope, it was about someone who copied someone's parody idea, and someone who supported the original author, and a huge flame war began, but ended about a week afterward.

Ah.. okay. I haven't been on in awhile, but when I was I remember some political wars going on there(And that's not counting the toilet humor authors that caused an uproar).

Written By: whistledog on 12/11/10 at 6:36 pm

I once got mixed up in one that I started out of principles.  If I had the chance to do it over, I wouldn't have changed a thing.  Sometimes bad decisions can lead to good outcomes.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/11/10 at 9:13 pm

Come on, you know you miss it.  ;)

That was only the single.  So where's the extended remix?

(Wait, I'm doing it wrong too.)

That was only the single.  What kind of incompetent jerkwad posts the single without posting the extended remix?

(Amidoinitrite?)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/12/10 at 8:54 am

That was only the single.  So where's the extended remix?

(Wait, I'm doing it wrong too.)

That was only the single.  What kind of incompetent jerkwad posts the single without posting the extended remix?

(Amidoinitrite?)

It got banned.  :-\\

http://www.wizbit.net/downloads/parental_advisory_explicit_content_lge_logo.gif

And BTW, you've got the right idea, but there are better ways. Perhaps the most effective way to instigate a flame war here is to start a self-pitying thread about how much your life sucks and you have no friends and nothing to do on a Friday night. Then, as everyone offers friendly suggestions for activities and ways to meet people, just dismiss all these and make excuses why they can't work for you. Finally, once the other members get tired of your moping and self-pitying and finally call you on it, explode in a fit of rage and start calling them c**ts.

That seemed to work pretty well a while back.  ::)

Written By: karen on 12/13/10 at 1:31 am

^ O0

Written By: Gis on 12/15/10 at 11:16 am

;D

Written By: Midas on 12/20/10 at 12:39 pm

http://images.thecarconnection.com/med/car-on-fire_100178747_m.jpg

Yeah, still doing it wrong I know...  :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/20/10 at 9:32 pm

Yeah, still doing it wrong I know...   :D

Damn right you are.  Look at the bulbous shape of that automobile.  I can't quite identify it, but there's no way in hell that thing ever had a Chevy small-block V-8 in it.

Check for new replies or respond here...