inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Year's Resolutions - Tell Us About Yours

Written By: DoRitos on 12/27/10 at 10:48 am

I have had the same New Year's resolution for about the past four years.  I have yet to break it because it is virtually unbreakable.  I firmly resolve to win at least one grand prize in any state lottery either by drawing numbers or scratch offs. 

Subject: Re: New Year's Resolutions - Tell Us About Yours

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/27/10 at 12:25 pm

I resolve to write parodies again.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/27/10 at 12:39 pm

My New Year's Resolution is to never make New Year's Resolutions.

Ok, ok. I tell that joke EVERY YEAR!!! Actually, my New Year's Resolution is the same as it has been for the last couple of years: lose weight & get this house in order. The house is coming together. I have been doing a few rooms a year or so. Of course the kitchen has to be re-redone because of that idiot we hired.  ::) Dinning room is almost complete (with the exception of a china cabinet). I'm now working on the spare bedroom and then the living room comes next. The weight issue hasn't really budged.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: DoRitos on 12/27/10 at 1:16 pm

I resolve to write parodies again.

Me too D.J. - I only wrote two in November after a break since August.  :(

Written By: DoRitos on 12/27/10 at 1:22 pm

My New Year's Resolution is to never make New Year's Resolutions.

Ok, ok. I tell that joke EVERY YEAR!!! Actually, my New Year's Resolution is the same as it has been for the last couple of years: lose weight & get this house in order. The house is coming together. I have been doing a few rooms a year or so. Of course the kitchen has to be re-redone because of that idiot we hired.  ::) Dinning room is almost complete (with the exception of a china cabinet). I'm now working on the spare bedroom and then the living room comes next. The weight issue hasn't really budged.  :-\\

Cat

Cat - You really sound busy.  Hey call Angie's list and turn in that idiot that screwed up your kitchen or have you already done that?  I'll pray for your battle of the bulge to bring success to you.  Here's some karma to make you feel better and for replying to my thread.  Thanks.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/10 at 1:38 pm

I hope to get into a relationship,get more hours and days at work,try to make more friends.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/27/10 at 1:45 pm

Cat - You really sound busy.  Hey call Angie's list and turn in that idiot that screwed up your kitchen or have you already done that?  I'll pray for your battle of the bulge to bring success to you.  Here's some karma to make you feel better and for replying to my thread.  Thanks.

Already put him on Angie's List and already took him to Small Claims. We won by default (he didn't respond). Now we are fighting to get paid because he is no longer working-no one will hire him anymore.

As for the weight issue-it isn't much-only about 30 lbs-the same 30 lbs that I gained 3 years ago when I quit smoking.

Karma right back at ya.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/27/10 at 2:23 pm

Mine are the same as well:

Lose weight
Gain better control of my finances
Clean the damn house and keep it clean
Walk the dog more

I try that lotto thing too doritos but I break it every year because I NEVER win a big jackpot

Written By: DoRitos on 12/27/10 at 5:25 pm

Lose weight
Walk the dog more

I try that lotto thing too doritos but I break it every year because I NEVER win a big jackpot

You go girlfriend.  My prayers go out for you as they go out for Cat and karma atcha for your reply to my thread and just because you are for real.  And that lotto thing you cannot break.  You try to win the entire year so how can you break it?  You win if you win and you win if you lose.  ;) God Bless.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/27/10 at 6:08 pm

I am going to lose weight and save money.  Mostly doing that by cutting out fast food.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/27/10 at 7:53 pm

.....to be continued

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/10 at 12:04 am

How do I say what I want to say without being offensive. I've typed and retried and can't find the right combo of words. Those of you who know me know what I'm talking about.

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/10 at 12:05 am

.....to be continued

You could resolve no more home improvement projects for 2011  ;D

Written By: DoRitos on 12/28/10 at 5:28 am

How do I say what I want to say without being offensive. I've typed and retried and can't find the right combo of words. Those of you who know me know what I'm talking about.

Snoz - I don't know you well enough to know what you are talking about but perhaps someday I will.  If I said anything in my reply post that offends you in any way, please be assured that my heart was in the right place when I wrote it.  Any hurt I may have communicated is greatly regretted.  I like you and what you have to say, Snoz.  ;) :)

Written By: Howard on 12/28/10 at 7:18 am

manage my money better,buy new wardrobe,get rid of some old junk.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/28/10 at 7:44 am

You could resolve no more home improvement projects for 2011  ;D
but I have 2 more bathrooms left and paneling in the living room/dining room... and laundry room - but really that one I can live with it as is.... 

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/10 at 5:18 pm

Snoz - I don't know you well enough to know what you are talking about but perhaps someday I will.  If I said anything in my reply post that offends you in any way, please be assured that my heart was in the right place when I wrote it.  Any hurt I may have communicated is greatly regretted.  I like you and what you have to say, Snoz.  ;) :)

Nothing against you personally or anything but as a devout atheist I really hate it when people pray for me.

Karma for your good intentions but please save your energy.

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/10 at 5:20 pm

but I have 2 more bathrooms left and paneling in the living room/dining room... and laundry room - but really that one I can live with it as is.... 

Alright.... But I don't want to see you complaining about living in the trailer in 2011  :P

Written By: DoRitos on 12/28/10 at 5:34 pm

Nothing against you personally or anything but as a devout atheist I really hate it when people pray for me.

Snoz - 1ST amendment gives you that right and I would never do anything to violate the constitution.  I have spent 40 years working in the DOD both as a military member and a DOD civilian and still on the job.  I took oaths on both of those jobs to protect and defend the constitution.  I will respect your wishes.  And my most sincere apologies.  Your giving of  karma tells me that you forgive me and I appreciate that.  :\'(  :(

Written By: Howard on 12/28/10 at 8:43 pm

continue to eat healthy.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/29/10 at 4:35 am

I really hope to continue cleaning the house, finding ways to organize stuff better.  I'm going to try to be more of a friend, right now I feel like I kinda hold back from alot of things and miss out on some fun relationships.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/10 at 6:44 am

I'm gonna try not to get so anxious and nervous.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/10 at 10:42 am

Personally, I think it depends on WHAT they are praying for. If it is for health, happiness, love, and/or peace, than I feel that all good thoughts/vibes are good-whether people send them via whatever deity they prey to or just sending the thoughts via themselves are ALWAYS good and you can't get enough. However, if someone preys that I convert to their religion, then I have a problem with it. I have always said that religion is a personal thing and I don't expect anyone to convert to mine and I hope that no one expects that I convert to theirs.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/10 at 11:24 am

Personally, I think it depends on WHAT they are praying for. If it is for health, happiness, love, and/or peace, than I feel that all good thoughts/vibes are good-whether people send them via whatever deity they prey to or just sending the thoughts via themselves are ALWAYS good and you can't get enough. However, if someone preys that I convert to their religion, then I have a problem with it. I have always said that religion is a personal thing and I don't expect anyone to convert to mine and I hope that no one expects that I convert to theirs.

Cat

"if someone preys that I convert to their religion, " freudian typo?  ;D

Honestly- I don't want anyone praying for me for whatever reason. I just don't see the point.  It actually makes me angry when someone says it.. I know the intentions are in the right place but that doesn't make a difference to me.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/10 at 12:15 pm

"if someone preys that I convert to their religion, " freudian typo?  ;D

Honestly- I don't want anyone praying for me for whatever reason. I just don't see the point.  It actually makes me angry when someone says it.. I know the intentions are in the right place but that doesn't make a difference to me.

Yeah, Freudian typo.  :D ;D ;D ;D

What about casting spells?  ;)

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/10 at 12:20 pm

Yeah, Freudian typo.  :D ;D ;D ;D

What about casting spells?  ;)

Cat

that's different...  :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/29/10 at 1:02 pm

Alright.... But I don't want to see you complaining about living in the trailer in 2011  :P
nope, we shall have 2 working bathrooms (should only be working on 1 at a time, with 2 to spare) at all times.  So that would mean we could still be here, I think...  The dining room and living room, only the paneling needs to come off the walls and either wall paper or paint to go on...  If all would go as planned.  But I have a feeling it will not get done this year...

Written By: 80sfan on 12/29/10 at 2:07 pm

To use common sense.

Boy is that gonna be a hard one.  ;)

Written By: DoRitos on 12/29/10 at 4:52 pm

Cat

Cat - I have never prayed for anyone to convert to anything.  I pray for the exact same reasons as you state.  As humans we have free will.  I don't mess with that because I cannot control the world.  This is not the first time I have been asked not to pray for someone by them and it won't be the last, but I always honor their wishes.  I am religiousless.  Too many wars fought in the name of religion.  My thing is personal between me and what I believe is my Maker.

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/10 at 5:18 pm

Cat - I have never prayed for anyone to convert to anything.  I pray for the exact same reasons as you state.  As humans we have free will.  I don't mess with that because I cannot control the world.  This is not the first time I have been asked not to pray for someone by them and it won't be the last, but I always honor their wishes.  I am religiousless.  Too many wars fought in the name of religion.  My thing is personal between me and what I believe is my Maker.

you are a rare breed and the type of person of faith I can get along with....unfortunately not enough people are as open minded and respectful as you are... O0....more karma for you when I can!

Oh...look... I can.... and I did!!!  :D

Written By: Howard on 12/29/10 at 7:54 pm

To use common sense.

Boy is that gonna be a hard one.  ;)

Sometimes I don't use mine often. ::)

Written By: DoRitos on 12/29/10 at 8:10 pm

you are a rare breed and the type of person of faith I can get along with....unfortunately not enough people are as open minded and respectful as you are... O0....more karma for you when I can!

Oh...look... I can.... and I did!!!  :D

Right back atcha, Snoz with the karma.  I think I made a new friend today.  8) ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/10 at 8:13 pm

Right back atcha, Snoz with the karma.  I think I made a new friend today.  8) ;)

Yeah you did.  8)

News years resolution: be a better friend  :) ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 12/29/10 at 9:00 pm

Sometimes I don't use mine often. ::)

And that's why it's my resolution.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/30/10 at 7:32 am

To go back to eating Subway again,haven't had that in a while.

Written By: Stompgal on 01/01/11 at 11:38 am

Not to go to Communication Group ever again
Not to answer my bedroom door to the support worker I don't get along with (unless she checks my water temperature or mediation).
To get a job (more of a hope than a resolution)

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/01/11 at 11:52 am

Many years ago I resolved never to make new years resolutions, and I have kept that resolution.  Happy new years to all.  Peace

Written By: seamermar on 01/01/11 at 3:24 pm

I'm gonna do some resolution this year as I never did before.

I'm gonna be more myself than I never was. What it means doing what I think and say rather than what's supposed I sould.
If I say I'm gonna lift my average at inthe00s, I probably fail but that's exctatly what I want for the next year, and improve my English in the hope I can get on well and straight with some pals in this range.

As for the goddess of fortune, dear Doritos, I find in her song there's not much tune, so I never try to play her game, I seek gold among nature and folks.
That's why I'm gonna try and try, to learn and trade with you a little bit more.

Looking at my daily life, there's a lot of stuff to complete, change or rearrange.

Less fat-and-fast-food, more hiking on the green to get rid of fat and keep arteries and veins clean.
You know, we must care for our heart if we wanna live a bit safe and sound.

I have on my shoulders a heavy anchor when it comes to explain myself in here. So I need a lot of courage for not to fail and keep on my trail along with threads I love but I can't read and write. Some of them are very helpful in my day after day, cause there's a good bunch of souls who are in here not only to enjoy but to help as well.

Written By: seamermar on 01/01/11 at 3:53 pm

Many years ago I resolved never to make new years resolutions, and I have kept that resolution.  Happy new years to all.  Peace

New resolutions mean renovations, what means evolution, what leads to adaptation, what brings us new stability to settle again and again on an everchanging world and spirit we can't avoid.
Sometimes our life is like a tossing ship on a trembling sea, we must constantly steer to keep our ship afloat and on route towards an never-reaching horizon, Don Carlos.

If there's something I have learnt on life is a skipper can never quit the rudder and course is never steady when you're on the ocean.
So I alter course as much as I feel I need it.

Maybe you have found a quite and warm island where to build your last den of wise and tranquility.

Good for you old salt, you can rest at last !! ;)

Written By: seamermar on 01/01/11 at 4:56 pm

I really hope to continue cleaning the house, finding ways to organize stuff better.  I'm going to try to be more of a friend, right now I feel like I kinda hold back from alot of things and miss out on some fun relationships.

You should change "4ever" to "beaver"  in your nickname Patty.

I think we can change things from one year to another, but not manners, unless you can break rules without being accused.
Everyone left someone else on the ditch, but we mustn't feel bad for that.
Some people comes, some goes by. We can't avoid their loss if it happens to be, only faith in our own keeps our hearts from bitter and sad memories.
One thing I have learnt is to keep sight ahead and think the best is going to come at last.
Troubles are chaos which scramble on their feet, those who don't surrender, so I keep my head together and go ahead.

Hence, I rarely take a look back, there's no use in missing anyway, I try to be on the bright side of the road.

Be a beaver as much as you need tidying and cleaning but stop to regret for what you can't relive or forget.

Paco, some soppy sailor

Written By: Howard on 01/01/11 at 7:08 pm

Good One.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/11 at 7:10 pm

continue to eat healthy
walk more
drink more water
make new friends but keep my "old school" ones.

Written By: mooster on 01/01/11 at 7:55 pm

Finish course = begin new career path

Written By: Howard on 01/02/11 at 7:11 am

try to drink less caffiene.

Written By: DoRitos on 01/02/11 at 9:08 am

You should change "4ever" to "beaver"  in your nickname Patty.

I think we can change things from one year to another, but not manners, unless you can break rules without being accused.
Everyone left someone else on the ditch, but we mustn't feel bad for that.
Some people comes, some goes by. We can't avoid their loss if it happens to be, only faith in our own keeps our hearts from bitter and sad memories.
One thing I have learnt is to keep sight ahead and think the best is going to come at last.
Troubles are chaos which scramble on their feet, those who don't surrender, so I keep my head together and go ahead.

Hence, I rarely take a look back, there's no use in missing anyway, I try to be on the bright side of the road.

Be a beaver as much as you need tidying and cleaning but stop to regret for what you can't relive or forget.

Paco, some soppy sailor

Have we met?  ???  I love your philosophy...  ;)  8)  Karma atcha for the wisdom in your words.  Pax!  :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/02/11 at 11:17 am

New resolutions mean renovations, what means evolution, what leads to adaptation, what brings us new stability to settle again and again on an everchanging world and spirit we can't avoid.
Sometimes our life is like a tossing ship on a trembling sea, we must constantly steer to keep our ship afloat and on route towards an never-reaching horizon, Don Carlos.

If there's something I have learnt on life is a skipper can never quit the rudder and course is never steady when you're on the ocean.
So I alter course as much as I feel I need it.

Maybe you have found a quite and warm island where to build your last den of wise and tranquility.

Good for you old salt, you can rest at last !! ;)

But I don't have to resolve to evolve and grow, it happens naturally

BTW, "beaver" has an alternate slang meaning which I guess you didn't know

Paz y prosperidad

Written By: seamermar on 01/03/11 at 2:22 pm

Gracias Don Carlos, for those two words, but I really need the first one, cause the second one would come when peace will be throughout land.

I usually take a look on the Oxford dictionary whenever needed, so you're right, I don't know some bad meaning about "beaver"
That's what I was thinking about :

to be an eager beaver.. ser muy entusiasta y trabajador;
to work like a beaver.... trabajar como una hormiguita

I only imagined Patty a-coming and a-going at home as a funny beaver at his wooden home as showed in cartoons, that's all.  ::)

But now I wonder about what could it be the other meaning of the  rodent  :-\\ 8-P

Written By: Howard on 01/03/11 at 7:01 pm

to keep working and make money so I can have enough to support myself.

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/04/11 at 10:40 am

But now I wonder about what could it be the other meaning of the  rodent  :-\\ 8-P

In American slang "beaver" refers to female pubic hair.  This, of course would not appear in the Oxford dictionary

Written By: Howard on 01/04/11 at 7:13 pm

In American slang "beaver" refers to female pubic hair.  This, of course would not appear in the Oxford dictionary

;D

Written By: seamermar on 01/05/11 at 7:16 pm

Funny thing the way language makes his path along the time, Don Carlos.
I never thought of a nice toothy beaver as a triangle of fever  ;) ;)
We have  a lot of words to mention the female triangle.

Clam and fig are two I can say, some others better let off.

We usualy see animals,  and things in very different, opposite ways.

so live to see.

poor little rodent you're a hairy part of my darkened heaven.  8) 8)

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 8:18 pm

so live to see.

;D

Funniest thing I read all say! Karma Paco.
Especially for that second line! Very clever O0

Written By: Howard on 01/06/11 at 7:08 am

so live to see.

Sorry Paco I  just had to laugh.  ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/06/11 at 11:28 am

so live to see.

Yes, Paco, language can be funny.  For example, in Puerto Rico "guagua" is slang for autobus, in Chile it's slang for baby.  That caused some confusion when I lived in Santiago.  And beaver is just one of our euphamisms

Written By: seamermar on 01/06/11 at 4:39 pm

The same meaning of "guagua"  for buses, they have in Canary Islands, Spain, Don Carlos..
Puerto Rico must have a large taste and an amount of sounds and views of Spain, besides, of course, the name  8)

I fortunately have the help of some of you, who more or less understand the strange way I use to tell. ;)

As for the beaver, I'm glad this funny flat-tailed, toothy-grinned animal has pulled a smile out of some penguins' mouths.  :P

Because the smile is just something we penguins are compelled to enhance and protect, I always try to look on the funny side of life.
No matter what side the wind blows, I manage it to make my soul and sails aloft  8) ;) :D

Written By: seamermar on 01/06/11 at 4:46 pm

By the way I think I need a good slang dictionary  ;)
Can and dare any of you tip me off a good one ?
Or maybe you want me getting into troubles
over and over and over again my friends
till we're in the eve of my destruction  :-X :-X

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/11 at 7:19 pm

By the way I think I need a good slang dictionary  ;)
Can and dare any of you tip me off a good one ?
Or maybe you want me getting into troubles
over and over and over again my friends
till we're in the eve of my destruction  :-X :-X

Urbandictionary.com

It'll tell you all you want to know and a lot of stuff you wished you didn't know  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/06/11 at 7:39 pm

Urbandictionary.com

It'll tell you all you want to know and a lot of stuff you wished you didn't know  :D

It's like you're living in a different neighborhood.

Written By: Howard on 01/06/11 at 7:40 pm

to try to cut down on the hot sauces and jalapeno peppers. :P

Written By: seamermar on 01/07/11 at 5:06 am

Urbandictionary.com

It'll tell you all you want to know and a lot of stuff you wished you didn't know  :D

Thank Q  ;)
From now on I'm gonna eat lots of hairy toothy naughty Beavers for sake of trees.
The question is :  in here there is no beaver to chase around
so I have to make a good bound to start the hunting beyond sea.
Maybe if you have some mischievous hot rotent messing around
I can try to push and pull it till I get it out, exhausted and calm down  :P ;)

This is gonna be a brand new pleasent resolution, though I'm afraid it will take some adiction  :P

I granted you a karma Q, for the good mood you always hold my silly drama  :P

Written By: Howard on 01/07/11 at 7:15 am

From now on I'm gonna eat lots of hairy toothy naughty Beavers for sake of trees

Sorry I have sex on my mind,What else is new. ;D^

Ok,moving on......

Written By: snozberries on 01/07/11 at 12:06 pm

I just knew, out of that entire post, that was the line you'd actually read  :D

Karma Howard because your reply was more restrained than I expected it to be. O0

And karma returned paco!

Written By: Howard on 01/07/11 at 7:22 pm

I just knew, out of that entire post, that was the line you'd actually read  :D

Karma Howard because your reply was more restrained than I expected it to be. O0

And karma returned paco!

Thanks. ;D

Written By: seamermar on 01/08/11 at 12:22 pm

Thanks Q for all your karma

though It makes me dizzy just when I try to tease to TQ

She is far away more sharp amd keen tham me, so

What could I be, if not yielding to you  ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/08/11 at 1:07 pm

To go back to eating more Subway,I miss those sandwiches.

Written By: seamermar on 01/09/11 at 8:57 am

To go back to eating more Subway,I miss those sandwiches.

I wonder what kind of meal can be subway Howard.

Maybe something you can't eat under sky, or in the light ?  ???

As long as I read through this forum I get the more astonished
I 'm cracked to know  what you like to grind when the subway pass away  ;)

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/09/11 at 11:02 am

In this case Subway is an American fast food chain that specializes in foot long sandwiches.  It is one of the best fast food places since they use cold cuts, ham, roast beef, etc, and lots of veggies, rather than burgers and fries

Written By: Howard on 01/09/11 at 12:47 pm

I like their Tuna Subs,Cold Cut Combo and Hot Subs which are quite delicious on a cold day.

Written By: seamermar on 01/09/11 at 1:55 pm

Thanks Don Carlos and Howard,  :)
I could have taken a look on Google easy enough but I rather ask first my penguin pals  ;)
Well, good to know there's good food when and wherever we go to New York

As a Mediterranean eater I'd like some green meal rather than fat and fast burger.
I can't fight fate, but fighting fat is a war I can't fail.  ::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/12/11 at 7:50 pm

Thanks Don Carlos and Howard,  :)
I could have taken a look on Google easy enough but I rather ask first my penguin pals  ;)
Well, good to know there's good food when and wherever we go to New York

As a Mediterranean eater I'd like some green meal rather than fat and fast burger.
I can't fight fate, but fighting fat is a war I can't fail.  ::)

It is possible, and can be very yummy, and keep asking amigo

Written By: Howard on 01/13/11 at 6:52 am

To be more assertive.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/17/12 at 12:25 pm

Hey, this thread hasn't been bumped up yet.

Did you keep up on your New Year's Resolutions from last year?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/17/12 at 7:57 pm

Hey, this thread hasn't been bumped up yet.

Did you keep up on your New Year's Resolutions from last year?

Cat

I'm trying to be more assertive I have to still work on that and for eating more Subway, I think I might go back to doing that, I stopped after a few months.

Written By: snozberries on 01/17/12 at 11:09 pm

Lose weight

finally started doing this in Oct/nov....I'm doing okay.

nope thought I got to a good place but I effed it up again...  :-\\

did this the last week of Dec cuz it's my resolution for this year.... don't look in my sink and my bathroom and i'm doing okay.  I plan to do the dishes tomorrow tho.

Walk the dog more

also part of my 2012 resolution. I did great last week not so much this week.  :-\\

still trying!

Written By: Howard on 01/18/12 at 6:55 am

continue to eat healthy
I'm trying, I am eating Pathmark's Deli Subway Sandwiches
walk more
once in a while, I haven't done that lately.
drink more water
that's what I'm trying to do
make new friends but keep my "old school" ones.
No sorry I haven't done that.  :(

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/19/12 at 2:30 am

Well, let's just say that this...

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5839/shavingbeaver.jpg

...is not something you should google at work.

Obligatory resolution: Eat Moar...

Written By: Howard on 01/19/12 at 7:04 am

to keep working and make money so I can have enough to support myself.

It might take a while but I'm working on it.

to try to cut down on the hot sauces and jalapeno peppers

I might have to but it's so tempting.

Check for new replies or respond here...