inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Good Idea - Bad Idea

Written By: DoRitos on 12/28/10 at 5:36 am

If you wish to contribute to this thread follow my lead.

Good Idea - It is a good idea to play catch with Grand-pa - Bad idea It is not a good idea to "PLAY" catch with Grand-pa.

Subject: Re: Good Idea - Bad Idea

Written By: DoRitos on 12/28/10 at 5:52 am

Good Idea - It is a good idea climb a mountain - Bad idea It is not a good idea to climb a mountain lion.

Written By: nally on 12/28/10 at 11:08 am

When I saw this thread, this is the first thing that came to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8PhzrmBgMI

Good Idea - It is a good idea to play catch with Grand-pa - Bad idea It is not a good idea to "PLAY" catch with Grand-pa.

This one also appears in the accompanying clip, incidentally.

Written By: DoRitos on 12/28/10 at 3:59 pm

When I saw this thread, this is the first thing that came to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8PhzrmBgMI

This one also appears in the accompanying clip, incidentally.

Nally - loved it.  This all began when my oldest son threw a few of these at me last night.  Love the video.  Hilarious.  Favs were "Cops & Robbers" and "Penny in the fountain".  Thanks for sharing and karma for it.  8) ;) I LOLed!

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/29/10 at 12:13 pm

It is a good idea to eat healthy foods. It's a bad idea to eat health food stores.

Written By: nally on 12/29/10 at 12:33 pm

Nally - loved it.  This all began when my oldest son threw a few of these at me last night.  Love the video.  Hilarious.  Favs were "Cops & Robbers" and "Penny in the fountain".  Thanks for sharing and karma for it.  8) ;) I LOLed!

Thanks...and right back atcha! :)

These clips were from the animated TV series "Animaniacs", which aired during the 90's; periodically they would show some of them.

If I think of any others I'll share 'em.

Written By: DoRitos on 12/29/10 at 4:59 pm

Thanks...and right back atcha! :)

These clips were from the animated TV series "Animaniacs", which aired during the 90's; periodically they would show some of them.

If I think of any others I'll share 'em.

Nally I learned that it was "Animaniacs" last night when I showed this to my oldest son who got me started on this.  He's seen this clip before and I remember "Animaniacs" a few years back but not this particular clip.  I remember watching it with my kids more than a few times.  I always thought it was a great show.  What ever happened to it?  Is it still around somewhere?  Oh, and thanks for the karma.  ;)

Written By: nally on 12/29/10 at 5:01 pm

Nally I learned that it was "Animaniacs" last night when I showed this to my oldest son who got me started on this.  He's seen this clip before and I remember "Animaniacs" a few years back but not this particular clip.  I remember watching it with my kids more than a few times.  I always thought it was a great show.  What ever happened to it?  Is it still around somewhere?  Oh, and thanks for the karma.   ;)

Well, the reruns did air on Cartoon Network in the early 2000's (to about 2001 or so), then on Nicktoons TV for a few years...but now it seems that no channel has aired them since then. I miss it; it was a great show.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/30/10 at 12:51 am

Nally I learned that it was "Animaniacs" last night when I showed this to my oldest son who got me started on this.  He's seen this clip before and I remember "Animaniacs" a few years back but not this particular clip.  I remember watching it with my kids more than a few times.  I always thought it was a great show.  What ever happened to it?  Is it still around somewhere?  Oh, and thanks for the karma.   ;)

Animaniacs was the last dying gasp of the original (40s-50s) Warner Bros. cartoon ethos.  Parodies of whatever was current or recent in pop culture, and just about every episode had at least one joke that was intended for an adult audience.

If you enjoyed the original Bugs Bunny/Road Runner cartoons, don't even hesitate to get the Animaniacs on DVD.  The Animaniacs themselves (namely Yakko, Wakko, and Dot) were themselves an homage (in both animation style and in personality) to Bosko and Honey, who starred in the first Looney Tunes cartoon in 1929.

Written By: DoRitos on 12/31/10 at 6:45 am

Animaniacs was the last dying gasp of the original (40s-50s) Warner Bros. cartoon ethos.  Parodies of whatever was current or recent in pop culture, and just about every episode had at least one joke that was intended for an adult audience.

If you enjoyed the original Bugs Bunny/Road Runner cartoons, don't even hesitate to get the Animaniacs on DVD.  The Animaniacs themselves (namely Yakko, Wakko, and Dot) were themselves an homage (in both animation style and in personality) to Bosko and Honey, who starred in the first Looney Tunes cartoon in 1929.

Foo Bar - Those were the last of the golden days of animated TV.  I loved stuff like Tom and Jerry, Popeye, all the Warner Brothers stuff with Bugs, Daffy, Yosmite Sam, Elmer Fudd, Martin the Martian and kis dog K9 and all the rest and of course Roadrunner and Wile E Coyote and many others. What happened to this great stuff?  I think that political correctness and the like has taken its toll on the industry.  In case you haven't realized yet, I'm "Old School".  Thanks for contributing to the thread and karma for doing so.  Happy New Year, friend.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/31/10 at 7:07 am

I loved stuff like Tom and Jerry, Popeye, all the Warner Brothers stuff with Bugs, Daffy, Yosmite Sam, Elmer Fudd, Martin the Martian and kis dog K9 and all the rest and of course Roadrunner and Wile E Coyote and many others. What happened to this great stuff? 

dailymotion and youtube.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/31/10 at 9:21 am

Foo Bar - Those were the last of the golden days of animated TV.  I loved stuff like Tom and Jerry, Popeye, all the Warner Brothers stuff with Bugs, Daffy, Yosmite Sam, Elmer Fudd, Martin the Martian and kis dog K9 and all the rest and of course Roadrunner and Wile E Coyote and many others. What happened to this great stuff?  I think that political correctness and the like has taken its toll on the industry.  In case you haven't realized yet, I'm "Old School".  Thanks for contributing to the thread and karma for doing so.  Happy New Year, friend.  ;)

I loved those cartoons.  My dad and I used to get up on Saturday mornings and watch them together.  I miss those days.  My dad loved cartoons until the day he passed.  Rocky and Bullwinkle were his favorites, though.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/31/10 at 9:19 pm

What happened to this great stuff?

"Golden Age of Looney Tunes".

Get every volume, and you want the "Golden Collection".  4 DVDs of uncensored awesome.  I've lost count of how many there are, but they're slowly getting through the entire library.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/11 at 6:53 am

"Golden Age of Looney Tunes".

Get every volume, and you want the "Golden Collection".  4 DVDs of uncensored awesome.  I've lost count of how many there are, but they're slowly getting through the entire library.

You could always find them on Youtube.

Written By: wildcard on 01/15/11 at 1:04 pm

Didn't really care for  Animaniacs but loved the good idea bad idea things.  It was on Kids WB.  Then I saw them move to Cartoon Network.  A WB show I watched more, Freakaziod, was now Cartoon Networks.  We're doomed to watching  Ed, Edd, and Eddy 

Written By: 80sfan on 01/18/11 at 11:31 pm

It's a good idea to eat vegetables.... it isn't a good idea to spread your veggies without plates on the table.  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/19/11 at 6:52 am

It's a good idea to eat vegetables.... it isn't a good idea to spread your veggies without plates on the table.  :D

But it's a good idea to dip your veggies in onion dip.

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/07/11 at 2:54 pm

But it's a bad idea to dip onions in veggie dip.  And it's even worse to dip your toe in it.

Check for new replies or respond here...