inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Disney World Thread

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/29/10 at 12:11 pm

Who's been there? Do you friggin love like I do?  I am obsessed.  Went for the first time in 2009, went back this year, going again February.  I am addicted.  Easily the greatest place I've ever been (though I must admit I haven't been that many places!).  But I would believe it's truly the Happiest Place on Earth.  Share your stories, experiences, and praise.

No Disney bashing, please.  This is for fans only!

Subject: Re: The Disney World Thread

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/10 at 12:12 pm

Who's been there? Do you friggin love like I do?  I am obsessed.  Went for the first time in 2009, went back this year, going again February.  I am addicted.  Easily the greatest place I've ever been (though I must admit I haven't been that many places!).  But I would believe it's truly the Happiest Place on Earth.  Share your stories, experiences, and praise.

No Disney bashing, please.  This is for fans only!
Is it Disney World that is located in Florida?

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/29/10 at 12:13 pm

Yes

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/10 at 12:21 pm

I've only been to Disneyland... I love it as much as you love Disney World...in fact I'm due for a visit... I haven't been in years.... I haven't been since they opened CA Adventure.  :o

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/29/10 at 12:39 pm

I've been to Disney World many times, the first time was for my honeymoon in 1989...in August.  I will never, ever go in the summer again.  Fall and winter are great.

I think the best time to go is at Christmastime.  The week before is less crowded than the week after Christmas.  The best part in the night parade.  The park closes and you have to have a special ticket for the Christmas parade.  When you walk in to the park it is snowing on Main St.,  the floats are so nice, some have different scents, one smells like gingerbread cookies and another smells like pine trees.  My daughter thought I was nuts because it made me cry.  ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/29/10 at 5:25 pm

I love it so much that I got married there!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/10 at 5:28 pm

I love it so much that I got married there!   :)

awesome!.... you guys should bring the young one to LA and anniversary so you can experience both....

said for purely selfish reasons!  :D  ;)

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/29/10 at 5:34 pm

awesome!.... you guys should bring the young one to LA and anniversary so you can experience both....

said for purely selfish reasons!  :D  ;)

We would love to make it out there, Q, unfortunately, we haven't even been able to take Erin back to Fla. :(

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/10 at 6:01 pm

We would love to make it out there, Q, unfortunately, we haven't even been able to take Erin back to Fla. :(

thats too bad... the beauty of LA (if you do get the chance) is that I get southern ca resident discounts to the theme parks...and in spring I usually get in free with $10 off additional adult tickets at most theme parks for their law enforcement week.  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/10 at 6:16 pm

I was supposed to go to Disney World so many times but each time the trip was canceled for whatever reason.

I have gone to Disneyland once. It was my first trip to California. We stopped in Tulsa for my grandmother's 90th birthday party & stayed with my oldest sister. She worked at the Disney Store and had free tickets to Disneyland/World. Two tickets were going to expire at the end of the year and she knew that she would make it so she gave us the tickets.

We had a wonderful day and when we left, I thanked Carlos because it is something that I always wanted to do. He said to me, "I'm glad you had a good time and if you ever want to go again, TAKE SOMEONE ELSE because I HATE AMUSEMENT PARKS!!!" I was shocked! I realized that he waited until AFTER we left to tell me this-instead of b!tching about it the entire day making it miserable for me. I don't think that I could have loved him anymore than I did at that moment. My one regret was the fact that we didn't get to go on the teacups that I REALLY wanted to. We got over to that side of the park late in the day and didn't have time.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/10 at 6:36 pm

I was supposed to go to Disney World so many times but each time the trip was canceled for whatever reason.

I have gone to Disneyland once. It was my first trip to California. We stopped in Tulsa for my grandmother's 90th birthday party & stayed with my oldest sister. She worked at the Disney Store and had free tickets to Disneyland/World. Two tickets were going to expire at the end of the year and she knew that she would make it so she gave us the tickets.

We had a wonderful day and when we left, I thanked Carlos because it is something that I always wanted to do. He said to me, "I'm glad you had a good time and if you ever want to go again, TAKE SOMEONE ELSE because I HATE AMUSEMENT PARKS!!!" I was shocked! I realized that he waited until AFTER we left to tell me this-instead of b!tching about it the entire day making it miserable for me. I don't think that I could have loved him anymore than I did at that moment. My one regret was the fact that we didn't get to go on the teacups that I REALLY wanted to. We got over to that side of the park late in the day and didn't have time.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

CAT- I LOVE AMUSEMENT PARKS!!!! So, when you do get to Cali... and I know you will... that's what we'll do!!!  8)

btw...that was really sweet of Carlos not to gripe about the park and let you have your experience!

Written By: Dagwood on 12/29/10 at 6:44 pm

I have only been to Disneyland once, when I was 5.  I am thinking about saving up for a  trip for Sarah when she gets out of 9th grade.  Kind of a bye bye Jr High...hello High School trip.

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/10 at 6:51 pm

I have only been to Disneyland once, when I was 5.  I am thinking about saving up for a  trip for Sarah when she gets out of 9th grade.  Kind of a bye bye Jr High...hello High School trip.

sounds fun... you know where to find me!  ;D 

yes I totally jacked this thread and made it all about me and disney land!  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/10 at 6:56 pm

yes I totally jacked this thread and made it all about me and disney land!  :D

Don't you jack EVERY thread and make it about you? (You learned from other board members.  ;) )

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/29/10 at 7:51 pm

I love it so much that I got married there!   :)

Was Goofy and Pluto the master of ceremonies? ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/10 at 8:21 pm

Don't you jack EVERY thread and make it about you? (You learned from other board members.  ;) )

Cat

Yeah but at lwast I'm enertaining and interesting when I do it  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 12/29/10 at 9:11 pm

I wouldn't dream of going without you. :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/30/10 at 1:10 am

Life is hard when you're Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom.

Link goes to Cory Doctorow's first novel - a 2003 tribute to Disney World, available as a free-to-download novel from his own website.

Check for new replies or respond here...