inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Year, New Month, New Thread-January 2011 Whatcha doing Thread.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/31/10 at 11:24 am

I wasn't going to start the monthly thread because I started the last several of them, but no one else has so here it is.

Cat

Subject: Re: New Year, New Month, New Thread-January 2011 Whatcha doing Thread.

Written By: nally on 12/31/10 at 12:52 pm

Well...I hope the new year brings good fortunes to everyone on here. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/31/10 at 6:55 pm

2011 should bring good fortune,money,more hours and days at work for everyone.  :)

2010 was such a horrible year,I'm glad it's gone. :P

Written By: Christie Marie M on 12/31/10 at 7:06 pm

I really hate to say goodbye to 2010, but hope that 2011 will be a much better year.

Written By: Howard on 12/31/10 at 7:10 pm

I really hate to say goodbye to 2010, but hope that 2011 will be a much better year.

hope so too.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/11 at 12:32 pm

Party last night was great as always. Our hostess was wearing a beautiful white dress that made her look like a Greek Goddess. And it was funny because she was a bit tipsy. (Ok, maybe a bit more than a bit.  :D ;D ;D  Before we left, I heard her say, "I don't remember having any champagne".)

At one point, we went into the basement to find a bunch of people sitting around-a few had guitars, others had different kind of drums, one girl had a harmonica, there were also cow bells and our hostess handed me a tambourine. We were all playing the blues. I turned to Carlos and said, "I feel like Tracy from the Partridge Family." He said, "I don't know who that is." So much for that joke.  :-\\  But, I did tell a few other people and they got it. We started playing/singing Beatles songs and a few others before it was time to go back upstairs because everyone needed refills on their drinks.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Then we hit the dance floor. I danced my first tango-first with my former Philosophy teacher (who taught Philosophy much better than he taught tango) and later in the evening with someone else who was a much better teacher. (A lot of people belong to a tango group-including our host/hostess & my massage therapist who was also there last night). Carlos & I danced our waltz like we always have to. Whenever there is a waltz anywhere, the two of us are usually the only ones on the dance floor. Last night was no exception. Most of the dancing was just freestyle which was good because it gave me a chance to work off all the food I ate-which I don't think I ate TOO much and I only went into the dessert room once.  ;) :D ;D ;D

After midnight, a lot of people headed outside to fire up cigars & drink whiskey. Carlos brought his own cigar (a Cuban). There were a few of us ladies out there-including me & our hostess-who did have a few puffs on the cigars. Yeah, I did-but it is not going to cause me to go back to smoking.

I thought that we were the last to leave but as we were heading out, we saw a bunch of people still on the porch smoking the cigars. We got home about 2 and FINALLY turned out the light about 3:30 (too hyped up to sleep as soon as we got home-had to settled down first).

Once again, our friends threw a dynamite party. They are super people that you can't help but fall in love with. I am in total awe of them-they have a BEAUTIFUL house that I am envious of, and they are extremely nice and very generous people. It is a shame that we only see them a couple times a year.

Cat 

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/11 at 1:20 pm

Ha ha ha Tracy!  ;D. Did you do the sway and stiff knee pop like she she always did?  ;D

Sounds like a great party!

Wanna house for others to be envious of?
Go to HGTV.com and enter the 2011 dream home sweepstakes. It's in Stowe vt  ( wherever the hell that is  ;) ) and it's gorgeous.
I believe entries are taken daily starting today!

Oh and white rabbit! Was I first?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/11 at 2:31 pm

Ha ha ha Tracy!  ;D. Did you do the sway and stiff knee pop like she she always did?  ;D

Sounds like a great party!

Wanna house for others to be envious of?
Go to HGTV.com and enter the 2011 dream home sweepstakes. It's in Stowe vt  ( wherever the hell that is  ;) ) and it's gorgeous.
I believe entries are taken daily starting today!

Oh and white rabbit! Was I first?

No, I was sitting down. But I figured you would get my joke.

As for that house in Stowe (which is where my youngest step-daughter lives), I already put my name in for it today-twice. This is the one HGTV house that I REALLY want-only because of the location. Unfortunately, the taxes in Stowe is pretty high-one of the highest in Vermont. But, I could suffer through that if I win.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/11 at 2:57 pm

No, I was sitting down. But I figured you would get my joke.

As for that house in Stowe (which is where my youngest step-daughter lives), I already put my name in for it today-twice. This is the one HGTV house that I REALLY want-only because of the location. Unfortunately, the taxes in Stowe is pretty high-one of the highest in Vermont. But, I could suffer through that if I win.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Of course I got it. I always felt sorry for Tracy after they replaced chris #1 with a blonder cuter Chris #2 she became the ugliest patridge. Well Danny was ugly inside and out but somehow that translated to "adorable" for the audience. I never really got danny's appeal.  :-\\

If you won I might visit. Gotta figure out how I'd get there.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/11 at 3:36 pm

Of course I got it. I always felt sorry for Tracy after they replaced chris #1 with a blonder cuter Chris #2 she became the ugliest patridge. Well Danny was ugly inside and out but somehow that translated to "adorable" for the audience. I never really got danny's appeal.  :-\\

If you won I might visit. Gotta figure out how I'd get there.  :)

My sister (Sister #3) just LOVED Danny but she is now SOOOO over him.  :D :D ;D ;D ;D  

Edited to add: You can always take the train. In fact, the train USED to stop in our little town but now, it stops in the little town next to ours-only 5 miles away or so. It would not be any problem to go and pick you up.  ;)

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/01/11 at 5:03 pm

Watched the Rose Parade this morning in HD, commercial-free, and then prepared to have our usual New Year's Day special breakfast/brunch: stuffed cranberry-apple french toast, which has been a tradition in our family for 14 years now. I helped my parents prepare it last night, and then we baked it in the oven this morning...and it tasted really good, as usual.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/11 at 7:07 pm

It was pretty much a slow day today at work,nothing much happened.

Written By: snozberries on 01/02/11 at 11:07 am

Starting to feel better.

Have to work graves tonite I go in at 2130.
I decided to stay up last night as long as I could.
At 7ish I found a season 3 Buffy marathon on Logo. After three eps I thought how lame am I for sitting here watching the commercials over and over. (plus they cut one of my favorite lines from an ep) when I have all the DVDs.

But I didn't want to get up. It was toasty under my blankie and Effie was pretty comfortable.
Fortunatley I never put away the ps3 remote sat so I turned that on fired up netflix (the whole series + angel) is avail. 
I rewatched the one ep uncut O0 and then I decided to watch season one.  8)

I watched all twelve eps no breaks.
And I didn't notice that it was suddenly 6am  :o

I managed to nap for about about two  hours.  seems logo is still playing buffy. Season 4 now. As much as I want to put on season two I must go to bed. I cannot spend the day watching 22 amazing eps of tv because I cannot call in sick again to work.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/02/11 at 12:40 pm

Did 3 loads of laundry (all from our bed-sheets, & blankets-each blanket has to be washed separately because of their size), a load of dishes, & I undecorated the tree. The tree is still up but it is empty.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  I am sorry to see it go because it was such a beautiful tree. I did take loads of pics of it-so it is preserved forever. Carlos gets to take it out-but he has no idea what to do with it.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: karen on 01/02/11 at 2:33 pm

On New Year's Day the group the club we go away with organise a hill race.  This year I helped on the finish (indoor job) with Elizabeth, and Dai did the race.  James played games with his friend Matthew.

We had about 30 runners this year.  The race goes uphill, around the lake and down the hill again.  The all-time record is around 38 minutes, this year the winner took around 46 minutes.  Some people come back every year to compete.  The weather wasn't brilliant being wet and a bit windy but preferable to the knee deep snow they had last year.

Afterwards we headed for home - taking it in turns to drive as fatigue set in.

Today we took down the decorations, cards and tree.  Usually we wait until twelfth night but we are going away tomorrow and won't be back till Saturday.  Yes, today was a mad rush of washing and packing.  We are going to Switzerland for a skiing holiday early tomorrow morning.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/02/11 at 7:56 pm

I'm starting school back tomorrow (homeschooled), and today I got my first Platinum Trophy on PlayStation Network! (To get a Platinum, you must get all the other trophies in a game. I did it on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.)

Written By: Midas on 01/02/11 at 10:37 pm

Whee!  Fireworks are legal to set off on December 31, January 1 and July 4 in Gilbert!

So that's what we did :D

Our friends and our next door neighbors were out with us setting them off.  We went out again at 10 PM on Friday night to get some more :D

New Year's Day we had the same friends over for dinner and our neighbors lit more in the evening :)

I spent yesterday doing laundry and assembling chairs for our new dining set.  Today I finished decorating (for now) me studio.  Felt productive this weekend!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/11 at 12:14 am

I couldnt help myself I woke up at 3pm and watched the first 6 eps of season 2 of Buffy.... wonder if I plan on running thru the whole series... I haven't decided yet... to do it properly of course I have to incorporate the 5 seasons of Angel as well... to truly do it right I have to run them in order which means alternating between buffy and angel stating at season 4 of Buffy that way I can watch them the way they originally aired...this really helps when we get to the cross over eps. I wish someone would package a DVD set that put all the eps of both series in order...yes I own the dvds and yes I can watch free on netflix but to be able to watch without the hassle of going back and forth would be awesome! 

Now I'm at work....got some Musinex DM max strength cuz I still can't breathe...and copious amounts of OJ.... hopefully I make it until 0730.  

Written By: Howard on 01/03/11 at 6:53 am

I'm starting school back tomorrow (homeschooled), and today I got my first Platinum Trophy on PlayStation Network! (To get a Platinum, you must get all the other trophies in a game. I did it on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.)

Good Luck. :)

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/03/11 at 7:35 am

Yesterday was Hunter's birthday, he turned 7  :\'(.  We went to Chuck E. Cheese and then to Toys r Us so he could pick out what he wanted, he got a video game and few small things as well as a chemistry set.  It was a good day.

The kids are finally back in school after three weeks of being home (one week out because of snow and the two weeks for Christmas break). It's so nice to be alone for a bit.  I told the kids that even if it snowed today they were going to school, I would walk them there if I had to(12 miles each way  ;D).

I plan on cleaning house today, seems like when the kids are home the place stays a mess. 

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/11 at 7:38 am

congratulations on the return of your sanity Carol!  ;D 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/03/11 at 10:30 am

Catching up on paperwork today (paying bills, making phone calls, etc.) One of the phone calls I made was to set up an appointment with my massage therapist. He is coming this afternoon at 4. (What service.  :) )

Carlos still has to remove the tree from the living room.

Cat

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/03/11 at 7:10 pm

Good Luck. :)

It went well.

Written By: nally on 01/03/11 at 10:27 pm

congratulations on the return of your sanity Carol!  ;D 

seconded! O0

Written By: wildcard on 01/03/11 at 11:39 pm

I was looking up volunteer stuff on united way for volunteer stuff.  Does'nt look like theres a whole lot out there to do.  ( yes I know about the animal volunteering snoz thanks)

SSI has decided that I must have less then $1000  in my bank account instead of $2000     

Mom was saying something about if I get a job I should consider ?

I don't get this,  I'm deaf and I cant always pick up speech.  I cant always tell when I'm not going to understand.  My mom runs out of breath.  Wouldn't it be easier if we wrote or typed our conversation?  I guess she just has too much fun getting pist at me and telling me I'm not training with my CI enough.  Also it's interesting how much yapping she can do in between that doesn't really add any information to what she's trying to tell me.  It just makes it harder for me to stay focused and figure out why she's telling me.

I'll have to ask her what she wants me to consider.  I've been thinking about just getting a job and quitting SSI eventually anyway. 

e-mail mom added to tomorrows schedule  the next day is a Drail meeting.  Iit's suppose to be nice and sunny and if so I'm going take some time to enjoy it.

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/11 at 12:19 am

I was looking up volunteer stuff on united way for volunteer stuff.  Does'nt look like theres a whole lot out there to do.  ( yes I know about the animal volunteering snoz thanks)

SSI has decided that I must have less then $1000  in my bank account instead of $2000     

Mom was saying something about if I get a job I should consider ?

I don't get this,  I'm deaf and I cant always pick up speech.  I cant always tell when I'm not going to understand.  My mom runs out of breath.  Wouldn't it be easier if we wrote or typed our conversation?  I guess she just has too much fun getting pist at me and telling me I'm not training with my CI enough.  Also it's interesting how much yapping she can do in between that doesn't really add any information to what she's trying to tell me.  It just makes it harder for me to stay focused and figure out why she's telling me.

I'll have to ask her what she wants me to consider.  I've been thinking about just getting a job and quitting SSI eventually anyway. 

e-mail mom added to tomorrows schedule  the next day is a Drail meeting.  Iit's suppose to be nice and sunny and if so I'm going take some time to enjoy it.

you could always loan me $1001 then you'll have less than $1000 in your bank account... I'd pay you back... honest.  ;D

sorry there doesn't seem to be much volunteer opportunity out there for you but, on the positive side (even though things aren't quite working out for you yet) it seems like you are making great effort to see what options are out there to help you change your situation. That's great. It's not always easy but at least you're trying! That's a big improvement on last year and the year before. 

karma to ya for your effort.

Written By: Howard on 01/04/11 at 6:56 am

How is that possible? What did SSI say?  ???

Written By: Dagwood on 01/04/11 at 8:12 am

Headed for the doctor this morning for a check up.  Good thing, too.  I overslept and would have been late for work.  Since I am already going to be late for work it was no biggie. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/11 at 8:13 am

Headed for the doctor this morning for a check up.  Good thing, too.  I overslept and would have been late for work.  Since I am already going to be late for work it was no biggie. ;D

Like the way you worked that out to your advantage! O0

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/04/11 at 3:02 pm

10 20 30 40 50 or more

Grandma cut a fart at the grocery store.

80 men died trying to hold their breath

Grandma cut another and killed the rest.

Written By: wildcard on 01/04/11 at 5:03 pm

you could always loan me $1001 then you'll have less than $1000 in your bank account... I'd pay you back... honest.  ;D

sorry there doesn't seem to be much volunteer opportunity out there for you but, on the positive side (even though things aren't quite working out for you yet) it seems like you are making great effort to see what options are out there to help you change your situation. That's great. It's not always easy but at least you're trying! That's a big improvement on last year and the year before. 

karma to ya for your effort.

That's all I'm doing is trying my best.  Please continue to incourage me to keep in mind that my mother behaves like an @$$hole and she continues to behave that way. 

You know, it may be looking harder, but actually if I really do want to work with Drail and get a job then push is becoming shove with my mother.  This could be absolutly cool.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/04/11 at 5:11 pm

Like the way you worked that out to your advantage! O0

Cool, isn't it? :D

I lost 25 lbs! 

Written By: Howard on 01/04/11 at 7:10 pm

good luck with the checkup,hope you're healthy.

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 12:21 am

Cool, isn't it? :D

I lost 25 lbs! 

awesome!!! I'd say tell me your secret but I've decided to restart my battle after the 15th...hopefully that'll be a good week of change for me...

Written By: Dagwood on 01/05/11 at 6:56 am

I don't have a secret.  I had no clue I had lost anything.  I have changed my eating habits.  I bring cut up cucumbers and carrots to work every day to snack on instead of chips.  I also am trying to cut out fast food this year.  I have to find the time to walk every day.  Nothing major.  I refuse to diet, they always fail.

Written By: Howard on 01/05/11 at 7:08 am

I don't have a secret.  I had no clue I had lost anything.  I have changed my eating habits.  I bring cut up cucumbers and carrots to work every day to snack on instead of chips.  I also am trying to cut out fast food this year.   I have to find the time to walk every day.  Nothing major.  I refuse to diet, they always fail.

Good Luck with it,hope it works out well.

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 8:39 am

I don't have a secret.  I had no clue I had lost anything.  I have changed my eating habits.  I bring cut up cucumbers and carrots to work every day to snack on instead of chips.  I also am trying to cut out fast food this year.   I have to find the time to walk every day.  Nothing major.  I refuse to diet, they always fail.

good plan.. I had cut out mountain dew for almost a year. I started back on it last month... I'm gonna start back to some routine soon  :D 

actually I've been doing well since on graves.  I don't eat as much as I do when I work dayshift (cuz nothing's open and I'm not as hungry) and I don't eat as much during the daytime because I'm sleeping!  The worst thing I'm doing now is the mountain dew. 

Oh and I've been walking effie most mornings (when it's not raining) which is about 100% more than I was walking her when I was on day shift....  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/05/11 at 10:26 am

good plan.. I had cut out mountain dew for almost a year. I started back on it last month... I'm gonna start back to some routine soon  :D 

actually I've been doing well since on graves.  I don't eat as much as I do when I work dayshift (cuz nothing's open and I'm not as hungry) and I don't eat as much during the daytime because I'm sleeping!  The worst thing I'm doing now is the mountain dew. 

Oh and I've been walking effie most mornings (when it's not raining) which is about 100% more than I was walking her when I was on day shift....  :D

My routine has been interrupted. I need to start up again but I don't know if I will be able to until March.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 8:45 pm

My routine has been interrupted. I need to start up again but I don't know if I will be able to until March.  :-\\

Cat

Bummer.

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 8:47 pm

I started cleaning my apt about two hours ago.

My cleaning routine entails working for twenty minutes and then sitting for an hour. Hopefully I'll finish cleaning by Friday.  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/06/11 at 7:06 am

I started cleaning my apt about two hours ago.

My cleaning routine entails working for twenty minutes and then sitting for an hour. Hopefully I'll finish cleaning by Friday.  :D

the whole house? ???

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/11 at 1:04 pm

the whole house? ???

No. The whole apartment.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/08/11 at 11:54 am

Now I am in panic mode. I thought we were leaving here on Tuesday & flying out on Wednesday. We just talked to my SIL (to wish her a happy birthday  ;) ) and she said about Tuesday. I checked the itinerary and sure enough, we are flying out Tuesday-which means we have to contact the catsitter, the kids, etc. to let them know. And I have one less day to get everything in order.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/08/11 at 7:25 pm

Now I am in panic mode. I thought we were leaving here on Tuesday & flying out on Wednesday. We just talked to my SIL (to wish her a happy birthday  ;) ) and she said about Tuesday. I checked the itinerary and sure enough, we are flying out Tuesday-which means we have to contact the catsitter, the kids, etc. to let them know. And I have one less day to get everything in order.

Cat

oh my...that's really soon!

Written By: wildcard on 01/08/11 at 11:44 pm

Hi wondering if I'll ever see the light of another day again  depressing.  I'm looking forward to doing my magic at Drail on the 26th.  Perhaps I can get our old video camera and record.  Might help me get some good practice. 

My mom is being real moody with everyone around the house.  I'm in the process of switching banks right now and have two savings accounts and two checking accounts.  I'm trying to set up online banking with the new bank, but something on their end wont allow me to do that right now ( and yes I had a lot of fun trying to explain this to my mom so she could get Joel so he could tell her the exact thing I told her)  Have a similar problem with another site.  I know my screen name, but not my password so I ask to change it and it wont let me.  Whatever just kind of stuck in some bank issues like what I told you and a check that needs to be cleared and an I'm not sure what making things so enjoyable.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/09/11 at 12:09 pm

I figured I will start packing tomorrow. Yeah, I know we are leaving tomorrow. I will get everything that I want to bring all in one place (which I have already started to do) and then I can actually pack in about an hour's time. We should be leaving here around 3 pm (local time).

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/09/11 at 12:45 pm

I figured I will start packing tomorrow. Yeah, I know we are leaving tomorrow. I will get everything that I want to bring all in one place (which I have already started to do) and then I can actually pack in about an hour's time. We should be leaving here around 3 pm (local time).

Cat

Enjoy. :)

Written By: karen on 01/09/11 at 2:24 pm

Just got back from a few days in Switzerland.  We thought we'd try skiing european style for a change.  Personally I prefer New England.  We went on one easy run that had almost sheer drops on one side for a lot of the way and one short v steep section that I tackled all wrong.  That put me off so I spent the rest of the day on the beginner slopes and killed my arms off holding onto the tow lift (and falling off it!)  I really didn't fancy trying any of the other runs (plus they were all a long way up from where we were staying) so I mainly pottered around the town we were staying in. 

Dai and the kids went off exploring the place and had a great time.  I wish I'd had more confidence in my ability and less fear on travelling up and over the mountains.

back to work/school for us all tomorrow.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/09/11 at 5:17 pm

AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. Had to do it.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 01/09/11 at 10:46 pm

my ears hurt now

Written By: snozberries on 01/10/11 at 12:12 am

Just got back from a few days in Switzerland.  We thought we'd try skiing european style for a change.  Personally I prefer New England.  We went on one easy run that had almost sheer drops on one side for a lot of the way and one short v steep section that I tackled all wrong.  That put me off so I spent the rest of the day on the beginner slopes and killed my arms off holding onto the tow lift (and falling off it!)  I really didn't fancy trying any of the other runs (plus they were all a long way up from where we were staying) so I mainly pottered around the town we were staying in. 

Dai and the kids went off exploring the place and had a great time.  I wish I'd had more confidence in my ability and less fear on travelling up and over the mountains.

standing on two wooden slats and barrelling down a mountainside never seemed like a sane activity to me so, from where I sit, your fear is totally valid! the whole thing sounded terrifying.  glad you all survived it.

Written By: snozberries on 01/10/11 at 12:12 am

AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. Had to do it.

Cat

stress from packing?

or the computer (again)  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 01/10/11 at 6:41 am

Wow Switzerland,that's great,How was the weather over there?

Written By: 80sfan on 01/10/11 at 6:43 am

My university just canceled class for the first day of class. Yay!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/funny.gif

Written By: snozberries on 01/10/11 at 6:44 am

My university just canceled class for the first day of class. Yay!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/funny.gif

congrats

Written By: Howard on 01/10/11 at 6:45 am

cause of snow? ???

Written By: 80sfan on 01/10/11 at 6:45 am

cause of snow? ???

Yup.

Written By: Howard on 01/10/11 at 6:47 am

Yup.

New York is supposed to get more snow 6-12 inches maybe by Wednesday.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/10/11 at 7:01 am

standing on two wooden slats and barrelling down a mountainside never seemed like a sane activity to me so, from where I sit, your fear is totally valid! the whole thing sounded terrifying.  glad you all survived it.

Don't forget that the wooden slats are waxed and the mountainside is ice and you have my exact reasonings for never skiing even though I live in a huge ski state.

Written By: snozberries on 01/10/11 at 7:03 am

Don't forget that the wooden slats are waxed and the mountainside is ice and you have my exact reasonings for never skiing even though I live in a huge ski state.

that's right I forgot about those points. really lame idea.... really lame.

kinda like strapping a sheet to your back and jumping out of an airplane....people are stupid.

Written By: wildcard on 01/10/11 at 11:00 am

I remember taking my two beginner lessons on skiing.  It was a little hill You could walk up yourself.  I loved gliding down the hill, but the second time I went, the boots were so tight on my feet that it cut off my circulation.  I don't enjoy it enough to buy my own boots and freeze myself any more then I get around here, so I'll pass. 

oh, it's suppose to rain Tuesday night and it says they'll be sun wensday and white clouds in the evening instead of gray.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/10/11 at 11:07 am

stress from packing?

or the computer (again)  :-\\

Packing. I think I got everything together and now it is a matter of putting it all in the suitcase. I bought a HUGE one (33 inches). Probably didn't need that big of one but oh well. Maybe next trip I will get a bit smaller one. Still have to finish the dishes (did one load already). Carlos has a few things to do-go to the Post Office to have our mail forwarded, go to the cop shop to let them know we are going to be away and to keep an eye on the place. (The cop shop is basically in our backyard-NO JOKE-they can look in our windows and we can look in theirs.  :o :o :o )

I thought I was done transferring the files from this computer to the laptop but one came up yesterday but that's not a biggie.

I really hate leaving for so long (7 weeks). I really do get homesick. And I miss my kitties something fierce.  :\'( :\'( :\'( Not to mention my fear of flying.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 01/10/11 at 4:49 pm

that's right I forgot about those points. really lame idea.... really lame.

kinda like strapping a sheet to your back and jumping out of an airplane....people are stupid.

My dad used to tease me because he loved to parachute and I told him it was absolutely ridiculous to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.  He thinks I should have been named wimpy. ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/10/11 at 7:06 pm

Packing. I think I got everything together and now it is a matter of putting it all in the suitcase. I bought a HUGE one (33 inches). Probably didn't need that big of one but oh well. Maybe next trip I will get a bit smaller one. Still have to finish the dishes (did one load already). Carlos has a few things to do-go to the Post Office to have our mail forwarded, go to the cop shop to let them know we are going to be away and to keep an eye on the place. (The cop shop is basically in our backyard-NO JOKE-they can look in our windows and we can look in theirs.  :o :o :o )

I thought I was done transferring the files from this computer to the laptop but one came up yesterday but that's not a biggie.

I really hate leaving for so long (7 weeks). I really do get homesick. And I miss my kitties something fierce.  :\'( :\'( :\'( Not to mention my fear of flying.  :-\\

Cat

Don't worry you'll do fine.  :)

Written By: wildcard on 01/10/11 at 11:02 pm

first of all, allow me to say wow both forwards and backwards.  Besides there being a little sun shine today with blue sky, I bought myself some ear buds ( I'm calling them plugs because you stick them in your ears) and now it feels like I have a CI on each ear.  I don't think I've heard money for nothin so clearly since I was 5 or something.  No weight from the CI, no squeaking from my hearing aid, I get the benefit of bone conduction, and it's plugged into my pocket talker in which I can have someone talk into the microphone or put the microphone on a table and pick up more sounds then something on my head would.

Written By: snozberries on 01/10/11 at 11:36 pm

Cat

bet you give them (the cop shop) quite the show  ;)  :D 

safe trip and all that jazz... 7 weeks will have come and gone before you know it. 

Written By: snozberries on 01/10/11 at 11:42 pm

My dad used to tease me because he loved to parachute and I told him it was absolutely ridiculous to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.   He thinks I should have been named wimpy. ;D

what I don't understand is what idiot looked out a plane window and thought 'know what would be fun? what if I took a sheet and tied it to my back and jumped out!'  ::)    how do you think of these things?

Who was the first idiot to stand on a bridge and go 'well I don't want to kill myself but I really want to know what it feels like to jump-  hey what if I get a really long rope and tie to my ankle?'

or who was the 1st person to look at a snail and go 'I bet that bugger will taste damn good sauteed in butter'  ::) 

seriously... and imagine the trial and error. I mean someone had to figure just how high was too high for jumping out of a plane (or how low was too low) and when the optimum time to open the chute was.... how do you find volunteers for that experiment...

and what about bungee jumping... how many times did someone jump with rope that was too long  ??? 

and there you have it with skis... I get sledding because you sit on a wide thing and go down a steep hill (my guess is someone needed to get down a hill and then enjoyed the ride so it became recreational) but skiing? who said 'you mountain me king!'...  oy people are crazy.

Written By: snozberries on 01/10/11 at 11:42 pm

first of all, allow me to say wow both forwards and backwards.  Besides there being a little sun shine today with blue sky, I bought myself some ear buds ( I'm calling them plugs because you stick them in your ears) and now it feels like I have a CI on each ear.  I don't think I've heard money for nothin so clearly since I was 5 or something.  No weight from the CI, no squeaking from my hearing aid, I get the benefit of bone conduction, and it's plugged into my pocket talker in which I can have someone talk into the microphone or put the microphone on a table and pick up more sounds then something on my head would.

that's great Ann!

Written By: wildcard on 01/11/11 at 12:38 am

I'm lovin it  probably wont  be able to understand speech, but seems to be working out better for me.  My doctor 's test shows I couldn't benefit from a bone conduction surgery however that works, but I'm hearing better with my bones.  The company is called Skull Candy and I got them at Target.

Why cant Things like jumping off planes  and stuff just be used in cases of rescues.

Ever heard of the couple that wanted to bungi jump off Montezuma's Revenge for their wedding and the cord broke.  I don't know of many cases where cords break or shutes dont open in rescues and stuff.  No, I have no Idea why people decide they need to risk their life just to have fun. 

People don't die from eating bugs, but there's no way I'm gonna eat one of those. 

Written By: karen on 01/11/11 at 10:03 am

my mobile rang at work today.  James's head of year to say she had confiscated a pocket knife off James!  He has a swiss army style knife that he was given in scouts in the US after obtaining his whittling award.  He took it to school to show a couple of friends, so they could see how useful it would be when they are grown up and trying to build their own shelters in the woods to look at wildlife!  ::)  He has no concept of knives like that being used as weapons so it never occurred to him that he shouldn't carry on to school.

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/11 at 10:39 am

Sorry I'm still stuck on the notion that your son wants to grow up and be mountain man  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/11 at 10:45 am

I worked out quite the deal for myself. 1) I am off until Saturday.  8) 2) I got them to agree to hire one of our part timers full time to fill the void the a-hole left.  3) I got her to agree to trade shifts with me so after I work 5pm to 3am on Saturday I'll be working day shift starting next week. I don't start shift until a week from Thursday. Basically (today is tuesday. I'm off till Saturday then, after working one day... I'm off till Thursday!

Th bad part is I will have to work thurs fri sat sun mon that week but then I go to my new sceduled of Friday thru Monday!

Written By: karen on 01/11/11 at 11:12 am

Sorry I'm still stuck on the notion that your son wants to grow up and be mountain man  ;D

He wanted to be an astronaut for years.  Now he's decided that he is going work with two friends to look at and after wildlife.  save them/protect them/whatever.  For some reason he needs to be an inventor, thought quite what he needs to invent I haven't worked out.  Maybe it's homemade electricity generation or something!

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/11 at 2:40 pm

He wanted to be an astronaut for years.  Now he's decided that he is going work with two friends to look at and after wildlife.  save them/protect them/whatever.  For some reason he needs to be an inventor, thought quite what he needs to invent I haven't worked out.  Maybe it's homemade electricity generation or something!

This is so much more fascinating than fireman or race car driver! You have a wise, intuitive and introspective young man there Karen. His intelligence and curiosity is rare!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/11/11 at 6:17 pm

I am now sitting in my SIL's house with a splitting headache. We got in ok-not TOO bad of a flight-a little turbulence but nothing major. I am soooo tired. Had 3 pina colada's already. So, I'll write more tomorrow-but just wanted to let everyone know that we are here safe & sound.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 01/11/11 at 7:04 pm

Yay! Enjoy your pina coladas.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/11/11 at 7:23 pm

great news Ann, hope things continues to work out

I am now sitting in my SIL's house with a splitting headache. We got in ok-not TOO bad of a flight-a little turbulence but nothing major. I am soooo tired. Had 3 pina colada's already. So, I'll write more tomorrow-but just wanted to let everyone know that we are here safe & sound.

Cat
hope the headache subsides and flying ain't so bad unless it's bumpy & turbulent. enjoy your time away

this was me today  :(  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKTE75dgE4

Written By: Howard on 01/11/11 at 7:46 pm

my mobile rang at work today.  James's head of year to say she had confiscated a pocket knife off James!  He has a swiss army style knife that he was given in scouts in the US after obtaining his whittling award.  He took it to school to show a couple of friends, so they could see how useful it would be when they are grown up and trying to build their own shelters in the woods to look at wildlife!  ::)  He has no concept of knives like that being used as weapons so it never occurred to him that he shouldn't carry on to school.

Wow,Knives are dangerous. :o

Written By: Howard on 01/11/11 at 7:49 pm

hope the headache subsides and flying ain't so bad unless it's bumpy & turbulent. enjoy your time away

this was me today  :(   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKTE75dgE4

;D

Written By: wildcard on 01/11/11 at 9:29 pm

a while ago, Joel brought a pocket knife to school and the other kids started giving him a hard time and bothering him.  Mom told him to write down the name of kids that were bothering him.  Then a kid decided to tell everyone that it was a list of people he was going to kill.  The police officer concluded that Joel had no intention of hurting anyone and that he was stressed by all the made up stories.

Things are workin for me.  I already lost those ear buds, but thats not really a problem since I still have money on a gift card and SSI is starting to watch my accounts closer to make sure I spend the money.  I'm working with Drail to manage the SSI money myself and to get set up with the Department Of Rehabilitation.  Drail meeting tomorrow. 

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/11 at 10:02 pm

Cat

Thanks for the update I've been thinking about you all day.

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/11 at 10:03 pm

this was me today  :(   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKTE75dgE4

Sorry mike but  ;D. That's one of my fav FG moments! 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/11/11 at 11:14 pm

one of my fav's too, a funny one for sure. you had posted it a while back, can't recall what the thread was. anyways, not to give TMI, but as I was having the exam today, the video came to mind  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/11 at 11:38 pm

Know all those creepy movies about people living in the attic and you just don't know it?
I have the strangest feeling I might be living one of those...  :-\\

The landlord left last wed for a cruise and I've been petsitting.
There is a very specific set up. The dog sleeps in the master bedroom the sliding glass door with a doggy door. Dog is dashaund so it's a small opening otherwise the door is locked.

The cat has access to the hall,  the office, laundry, and kitchen. The doors to the kitchen are closed to the rest of the house.

One day I came in to do laundry. I turned on the front porch light and the hall light. When I came back for my load the laundry room light was on. I was certain I hadn't left it on. I put my clothes in the dryer (it was 2am) I decided to leave on the laundry room light and the porch light. The rest of the house was dark. When I came in at 8am the kitchen light was on. I know I left off because I double checked the lights when I left (and I have go thru the kitchen to get out)

The landlords have a son who occasionally stops by because his daughter uses their address for school. I figured he could've come in the morning and left the light on.  But I kept getting this creepy vibe.

Twice now the sliding door that separates the kitchen and living room has been ajar and the cat has been in the living room. I thought well maybe I left it ajar. Could've happened once but not twice in two days.

When I leave for work ( I was working 930pm- 0730am last night) I always check on the animals and give them some food.

The dog sleeps on the bed in top of the covers the only disarray is to a pillow he lays on , behind or under.

This morning when I got home the bed covers were puffy and slightly jumbled and the popped looked laid on. Again I checked the house nothing. I tugged at the cover because it had an air pocket (ya know I smoothed the bed cover slightly but didn't fix the bed. I went home and went to bed. Then tonight(when I checked on the animals) the bed was perfectly made. Pillows that had been lying flat are now propped up with the bed cover pulled nice and smooth.

As I sit here typing this I've heard the front door open close. I'm chalking that one up to nerves

The one thing I do know...while the landlords son could come in and leave a door ajar or a light on he would never ever make a bed he slept in. Plus he never stays overnight.

Seriously- I'm totally creeped out.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/12/11 at 3:10 am

I am now putting labels/stickers on my folders to start my classes this semester.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/12/11 at 6:39 am

Feel much better. Got a good night's sleep. (Carlos is still sleeping.) Don't know why I am up so early considering yesterday was a LOOOONNNNGGGG day, we went to bed around 11 and there is an hour change (we are now an hour ahead-meaning our inner clock says it is 7:30 while the clock on the wall says it is 8:30). It may hit me later. This afternoon, we are going over to the house, take inventory, and then head to K-Mart & the grocery store. We have no idea what is there because my wonderful SIL has been adding things (which is why we need to take inventory). She told us that she already bought us a shower curtain, the bed is already made (complete with comforter) and we don't know what else. She told us there are a few surprises-I'm expecting a bit more than just a few because what she told us already... She is just great-but I think it runs in the family.  ;) She has been telling us that the neighbors are looking forward to us coming. How nice. The house really is in a very nice neighborhood.

Tonight we are going to sleep in our own house!  :)

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/11 at 6:51 am

That's great Cat! She is a great SIL.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/12/11 at 6:52 am

That's great Cat! She is a great SIL.

You have no idea. Like I said, I think it runs in the family.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/12/11 at 6:53 am

Peter has no Peter. ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/12/11 at 9:01 am

Know all those creepy movies about people living in the attic and you just don't know it?

There is a very specific set up. The dog sleeps in the master bedroom the sliding glass door with a doggy door. Dog is dashaund so it's a small opening otherwise the door is locked.

The cat has access to the hall,  the office, laundry, and kitchen. The doors to the kitchen are closed to the rest of the house.

One day I came in to do laundry. I turned on the front porch light and the hall light. When I came back for my load the laundry room light was on. I was certain I hadn't left it on. I put my clothes in the dryer (it was 2am) I decided to leave on the laundry room light and the porch light. The rest of the house was dark. When I came in at 8am the kitchen light was on. I know I left off because I double checked the lights when I left (and I have go thru the kitchen to get out)

The landlords have a son who occasionally stops by because his daughter uses their address for school. I figured he could've come in the morning and left the light on.  But I kept getting this creepy vibe.

Twice now the sliding door that separates the kitchen and living room has been ajar and the cat has been in the living room. I thought well maybe I left it ajar. Could've happened once but not twice in two days.

When I leave for work ( I was working 930pm- 0730am last night) I always check on the animals and give them some food.

The dog sleeps on the bed in top of the covers the only disarray is to a pillow he lays on , behind or under.

This morning when I got home the bed covers were puffy and slightly jumbled and the popped looked laid on. Again I checked the house nothing. I tugged at the cover because it had an air pocket (ya know I smoothed the bed cover slightly but didn't fix the bed. I went home and went to bed. Then tonight(when I checked on the animals) the bed was perfectly made. Pillows that had been lying flat are now propped up with the bed cover pulled nice and smooth.

As I sit here typing this I've heard the front door open close. I'm chalking that one up to nerves

The one thing I do know...while the landlords son could come in and leave a door ajar or a light on he would never ever make a bed he slept in. Plus he never stays overnight.

Wow!  That is creepy.  :o :o :o

Written By: karen on 01/12/11 at 9:04 am

Wow!  That is creepy.   :o :o :o

I agree

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/12/11 at 12:25 pm

I just got served with a summons to serve on the Grand Jury in my county.  I got nervous when the deputy showed up at my door, but luckily it wasn't anything bad.  ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/12/11 at 1:05 pm

I just got served with a summons to serve on the Grand Jury in my county.  I got nervous when the deputy showed up at my door, but luckily it wasn't anything bad.   ;D ;D

Are you gonna go? ???

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/12/11 at 1:09 pm

Are you gonna go? ???

I have to go.  I guess I could try to get out of it but I think it would be interesting.

Written By: Howard on 01/12/11 at 1:17 pm

I have to go.  I guess I could try to get out of it but I think it would be interesting.

Good Luck with it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/12/11 at 2:10 pm

I am now sitting in our dinning room and Carlos is sitting on the front porch. We just went to the grocery store and the refridge/cabinets have "stuff" in them. For dinner, we are going to my SIL's. I am a bit sorry about that because I was hoping that we could just veg for the rest of the day/night in our own place. Yes, we are going to spend the night here-alone-all by ourselves.  ;) ;D ;D ;D  I know why SIL invited us for dinner. She is feeling so isolated and wants to be with people.

Tomorrow we are either going to K-Mart or to the beach. Hmmm, tough decision.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/12/11 at 2:27 pm

I am now sitting in our dinning room and Carlos is sitting on the front porch. We just went to the grocery store and the refridge/cabinets have "stuff" in them. For dinner, we are going to my SIL's. I am a bit sorry about that because I was hoping that we could just veg for the rest of the day/night in our own place. Yes, we are going to spend the night here-alone-all by ourselves.  ;) ;D ;D ;D  I know why SIL invited us for dinner. She is feeling so isolated and wants to be with people.

Tomorrow we are either going to K-Mart or to the beach. Hmmm, tough decision.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!  :D :P Just kidding. 

(I'm just feeling sorry for myself, being stuck in the house with snow, ice and freezing temps outside.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/12/11 at 5:42 pm

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!   :D :P Just kidding. 

(I'm just feeling sorry for myself, being stuck in the house with snow, ice and freezing temps outside.)

I'm sorry. I hope karma will help.

Had a nice dinner at my SIL's. When we came back, we thought there was a party going on next door but now we think it is a prayer thingy for the old man who lives there. My SIL said that she thought he was bedridden. (He was out and about the last time we were here.) So as I am writing this (and drinking a pina colada-what else is new? lol  :D ;D ) I am hearing a bunch of people prayer to Santa Maria in Spanish.

We have not been here where we hadn't heard the neighbors-usually the old man has music on LOUD! I just hope they are not loud in the morning. But, I have the feeling that if the neighbors don't wake us up, the chickens will.  :D ;D ;D ;D Yup-I feel like I have just entered a totally different world.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 01/12/11 at 6:05 pm

There's sun today!  Looks like all my no frost tolerant  plants were pulled out of the ground soon enough to keep the roots from dying.  I did some root seperating and combined my lantana wth some tickseed.  I'm thinking about putting my mandivilla in with my gazanias.  I'm planning to get a plant stand table and let the mandvillia climb up the legs.  There's a three sided trellis thing at target online that I'd like to order.

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/12/11 at 6:19 pm

:o  OH my....  I would be the hell's bells out of there and all the lights would be on!  Take care

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/11 at 6:23 am

Wow!  That is creepy.  :o :o :o

I agree

:o  OH my....  I would be the hell's bells out of there and all the lights would be on!  Take care

I have a strong feeling that the opening and closing door I heard last night was indeed someone leaving. I did not have a creepy feeling once today and everything was just as I left it.

I hope dude stays away and I'm glad he come into my house. If he stole anything it wasn't anything large. It's been cold so maybe he was just looking for a place to sleep. I threw him for a loop when I didn't go to work last nite

Written By: Howard on 01/13/11 at 6:50 am

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!   :D :P Just kidding. 

That's what I did yesterday,I shoveled for about an hour then I went inside for some hot chocolate.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/13/11 at 8:08 am

Got an email from my sister complete with pics of how much snow they had (in Conn). I'm wondering if I should respond (to all who got her email) as to the weather here and that we may be going to the beach this afternoon.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/13/11 at 5:49 pm

Didn't go to the beach but went to a different grocery store than we went to yesterday and didn't get much in the way of groceries. We bought a lot of different stuff-some more dishes, scissors, oven mitt, etc, etc. Tomorrow, we head to K-Mart to get all the rest of the stuff we need.

Last night, I was SOOOO looking forward to taking a bath in my new soaker tub (which my SIL picked out for me). I get in the tub, and it the water started to fill up but it was COLD!!!! AAAUUUGGGHHHH!!!! I HATE cold baths/showers!!! It is a new (tankless) hot water heater. Still under warranty-which is good but still, I need hot water.

My FIL/SIL came for dinner tonight. We discussed the hot water situation. We figured out the problem-the circuit breaker. My SIL called our handy man and he will show up tomorrow to add another circuit zone or something like that. For my bath tonight, Carlos is just going to have to stand at the circuit breaker and keep flipping the switch until the tub is full.  :D ;D ;D ;D

As for the prayer vigil that is next door-I found out that the old man over there died.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  He seemed like a sweet guy. My SIL told me that when someone dies, everyone comes together to say the rosaries for something like 8 or 9 days.

And the chickens are nesting in our starfruit tree for the night.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Now, if only there are board members around to read this post.  :-\\  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/13/11 at 6:43 pm

Didn't go to the beach but went to a different grocery store than we went to yesterday and didn't get much in the way of groceries. We bought a lot of different stuff-some more dishes, scissors, oven mitt, etc, etc. Tomorrow, we head to K-Mart to get all the rest of the stuff we need.

Last night, I was SOOOO looking forward to taking a bath in my new soaker tub (which my SIL picked out for me). I get in the tub, and it the water started to fill up but it was COLD!!!! AAAUUUGGGHHHH!!!! I HATE cold baths/showers!!! It is a new (tankless) hot water heater. Still under warranty-which is good but still, I need hot water.

My FIL/SIL came for dinner tonight. We discussed the hot water situation. We figured out the problem-the circuit breaker. My SIL called our handy man and he will show up tomorrow to add another circuit zone or something like that. For my bath tonight, Carlos is just going to have to stand at the circuit breaker and keep flipping the switch until the tub is full.  :D ;D ;D ;D

As for the prayer vigil that is next door-I found out that the old man over there died.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  He seemed like a sweet guy. My SIL told me that when someone dies, everyone comes together to say the rosaries for something like 8 or 9 days.

Now, if only there are board members around to read this post.  :-\\  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat
I read it  8)  Sorry about the cold bath, hopefully you did not get all the way in before realizing it.  Brrrrr.  Glad you flew out when you did, or you might not have made it. 
I would pick beach over grocery store anytime, especially if going shopping 3 days in a row  :P  I like to get it all done in one trip, if that means staying out for 12 hours, so be it, but that is my weird quirk. 

Written By: nally on 01/13/11 at 9:27 pm

Went to a funeral this afternoon. My mother's aunt passed away last week; she was 80 and had osteoporosis for a very long time.

Written By: Howard on 01/14/11 at 6:44 am

Went to a funeral this afternoon. My mother's aunt passed away last week; she was 80 and had osteoporosis for a very long time.

My condolences.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/14/11 at 7:23 am

I read it  8)  Sorry about the cold bath, hopefully you did not get all the way in before realizing it.  Brrrrr.  Glad you flew out when you did, or you might not have made it. 
I would pick beach over grocery store anytime, especially if going shopping 3 days in a row  :P  I like to get it all done in one trip, if that means staying out for 12 hours, so be it, but that is my weird quirk. 

Yeah, I did get in all the way.  :P  Last night, Carlos was watching the circuit breaker and kept turning it back on when it went off so I had hot water for my bath. YAY!!! The guy is coming this afternoon to fix the problem.

At about 6 or 7 this morning, a damn rooster was right outside our window and decided to do his "cock-a-doodle-do" thing about a couple dozen times-just in case the first time didn't wake us up.  >:(

The funny thing about flying out-I THOUGHT we were supposed to fly out on Wednesday but I was wrong and flew out on Tuesday instead. If we WERE supposed to go on Wednesday, we might have been stuck in either Burlington or Philadelphia. Each time we fly here, we always seem to miss the major storms (knock on wood). Last year, my step-daughter & Granddaughter flew out the day before we did and they got stuck in Philly and we didn't have any problem.

Today it is to K-Mart and that should be the last of the shopping trips for awhile now.

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/14/11 at 8:37 am

Cat

I hate cold baths too.  You can make Carlos boil water on the stove and carry the pots to the tub...we did that when our water heater went out.  Took a long time to fill a tub.  ;D

Written By: nally on 01/14/11 at 11:46 am

My condolences.

Thanks Howard. The service went well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/14/11 at 2:04 pm

I hate cold baths too.  You can make Carlos boil water on the stove and carry the pots to the tub...we did that when our water heater went out.  Took a long time to fill a tub.  ;D

Problem is now fixed. YAY!!!

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/11 at 2:07 pm

@ Cat..... Hmmmm if I were you I'd be having fried chicken er um rooster for dinner.  :D

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/14/11 at 3:18 pm

I just dyed my hair, and it's really DARK!!  Wow!!  I went from a medium auburn-brownish color to dark brown, it's quite a shock.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/14/11 at 3:37 pm

@ Cat..... Hmmmm if I were you I'd be having fried chicken er um rooster for dinner.  :D

Thought about it. We speculate where these chickens come from. We think they are stray. You would think people would just catch & eat them but then you would have clean them before cooking.  :P Easier to go to the store. We did have a mama lay eggs in our backyard. Now, that I could handle-fresh eggs but you would have to figure out which ones are fertilized and which ones aren't. Gotta have my oldest step-daughter here to show us how. She's the farmer who does raise chickens. She knows how to do it.

As I am typing this, the chickens are now getting into the starfruit tree for the night. Gonna go out and take photos of this to show everyone.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/14/11 at 5:58 pm

Thought about it. We speculate where these chickens come from. We think they are stray. You would think people would just catch & eat them but then you would have clean them before cooking.  :P Easier to go to the store. We did have a mama lay eggs in our backyard. Now, that I could handle-fresh eggs but you would have to figure out which ones are fertilized and which ones aren't. Gotta have my oldest step-daughter here to show us how. She's the farmer who does raise chickens. She knows how to do it.

As I am typing this, the chickens are now getting into the starfruit tree for the night. Gonna go out and take photos of this to show everyone.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat
Hold them up to a bright flashlight.  (The eggs) the first thing to grow on a "fertile egg" is the heart and veins.  So you will see these.  If you need to go in a dark room, you will see better, but it is very apparent
http://www.ballpython.ca/images/breeding/breeding_pictorial/candle_b.jpg

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/14/11 at 6:16 pm

LOL - I have to share this.  Today was last day of finals, and a girl who missed yesterday comes to me (to find out about making up her final), she has a neck brace on.  Me "oh my, car accident, or falling on the ice accident?"  Her " Oh no, I've got a "I whip my hair" injury..."  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymKLymvwD2U

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/14/11 at 6:27 pm

sorry about your mom's aunt Jeff

Written By: Howard on 01/14/11 at 7:30 pm

cock a doodle doo.

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/11 at 8:21 pm

LOL - I have to share this.  Today was last day of finals, and a girl who missed yesterday comes to me (to find out about making up her final), she has a neck brace on.  Me "oh my, car accident, or falling on the ice accident?"  Her " Oh no, I've got a "I whip my hair" injury..."  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymKLymvwD2U

;D that's too funny!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/14/11 at 9:30 pm

;D that's too funny!!!

I sooo wanted to post it on fb...  But I am afraid some may think I am making fun of her, and I don't want anyone hurt or mad...  But I thought it was funny and needed to share!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/15/11 at 2:31 am

I got cranky and took it out on some friends and family members.  :-[ Turned out all I needed was a nap.... Sigh:.

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/11 at 6:03 am

I sooo wanted to post it on fb...  But I am afraid some may think I am making fun of her, and I don't want anyone hurt or mad...  But I thought it was funny and needed to share!

understood...there are many things I cant share on FB because of who I've accepted as friends... I'm so glad tribbles never got addicted to the site so I could retain my freedom here

Written By: Howard on 01/15/11 at 7:04 am

I got cranky and took it out on some friends and family members.  :-[ Turned out all I needed was a nap.... Sigh:.

Good for you that you needed some rest.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/15/11 at 8:44 am

The rooster didn't keep us up last night but a stupid dog did. We finally turned on the A/C to drown out all the noise-but it did get a bit cold.  :-\\  I wondering if we turn the A/C on fan-it will drown out the noise but not be so cold.

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/15/11 at 11:00 am

Sounds like my 7 year old  :P  and I hate it when it happens  :-\\

Written By: nally on 01/15/11 at 12:23 pm

sorry about your mom's aunt Jeff

Thanks Mike.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/11 at 12:57 pm

The rooster didn't keep us up last night but a stupid dog did. We finally turned on the A/C to drown out all the noise-but it did get a bit cold.  :-\\  I wondering if we turn the A/C on fan-it will drown out the noise but not be so cold.

Cat

Maybe if you turn the AC to warm,will that cool it off?

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/11 at 1:30 pm

What about a noise machine Cat?

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/15/11 at 2:46 pm

I am one very sad puppy.  The tile I was soo excited to have for my backsplash, and they had and were going to sell to me for $1 sq ft...  now they can not find (do to meth head - FACT - wharehouse dude they had to fire)...  I knew I should not have waited till whole counters and cabinets were installed for measurements... I should have took it and ran (my luck it wouldn't have been enough or something)  :\'(  My $40  backsplash is not going to be 200 to 600 ( depending on what I pick out) - and that tile was sooo perfect. 

Written By: 80sfan on 01/15/11 at 5:33 pm

Good for you that you needed some rest.

Thank you, thank you. :.Bows and the crowd cheers.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/15/11 at 6:57 pm

What about a noise machine Cat?

That's what the A/C is.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Oh, I think the chickens got the hint after Carlos chased them out of our starfruit tree about 4 time last night. They didn't come back tonight. I know, I have to post some photos.

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/15/11 at 7:18 pm

Oh, I think the chickens got the hint after Carlos chased them out of our starfruit tree about 4 time last night. They didn't come back tonight. I know, I have to post some photos.

Cat

I sleep with the A/C year round, fan only during the winter because I'm so used to the sound, I can't sleep in total quiet.

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/11 at 10:14 pm

Cat

I meant a white noise machine... silly...

I sleep with the A/C year round, fan only during the winter because I'm so used to the sound, I can't sleep in total quiet.

I can't sleep in total quiet either... that's why I leave the TV on!!!

Written By: Howard on 01/16/11 at 7:33 am

Doesn't it get cold in your room?  ???

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/16/11 at 1:57 pm

Doesn't it get cold in your room?  ???

It stays cool, but I like it like that.  I hate a hot room.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/16/11 at 3:42 pm

Yesterday was my hubby and I's 8th wedding anniversary.  We kinda put off celebrating until payday.  He keeps asking me what I want for a gift, but I honestly can't think of anything.  I've already got all I need (and more.)  That's why my house is a wreck.
We went to the library book sale in the morning.  I can't resist buying stuff there.  I may apply for a job there, because there is two openings that I am qualified for.  I've got to write up a resume since the last time I did one was 2002.  Oddly enough, everybody I worked with has eithe retired, quit or died, so I'm not sure what to do about that.
We spent the evening with some friends of ours playing board games, so it was an enjoyable evening.  My back is really sore today.  I decided to take a bunch of stuff out of my purse, maybe that will help.  I had intended on doing more major cleaning today while hubby was out of the house with his friends.  Because he usually tells me to take it easy (I guess I make him nervous fluttering here and there.)  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/11 at 5:59 pm

Yesterday was my hubby and I's 8th wedding anniversary.  We kinda put off celebrating until payday.  He keeps asking me what I want for a gift, but I honestly can't think of anything.  I've already got all I need (and more.)  That's why my house is a wreck.
We went to the library book sale in the morning.  I can't resist buying stuff there.  I may apply for a job there, because there is two openings that I am qualified for.  I've got to write up a resume since the last time I did one was 2002.  Oddly enough, everybody I worked with has eithe retired, quit or died, so I'm not sure what to do about that.
We spent the evening with some friends of ours playing board games, so it was an enjoyable evening.  My back is really sore today.  I decided to take a bunch of stuff out of my purse, maybe that will help.  I had intended on doing more major cleaning today while hubby was out of the house with his friends.  Because he usually tells me to take it easy (I guess I make him nervous fluttering here and there.)   :-\\

Congrats to you & Hubby.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/11 at 8:35 pm

Congrats on the anniversary

Good luck on the job. Even tho the people you worked with are no longer there your personnel file might still be on record. If you need personal references just put us down we'll vouch for ya  ;)

As for your fluttering making the hubby nervous I don't blame him he's probably afraid you'll rip tear open something you shouldn't and I'm not talking about the stuff in your house  :-\\

Written By: wildcard on 01/17/11 at 12:12 am

one thing I'm doing is enjoying my skull candy ear bud/plugs.  I'm re arranging my favorates at youtube z-u  wake me up! I forgot Wham.  Got that magic show coming up that I'm going to be doing for Drail on Friday.     

Written By: Howard on 01/17/11 at 6:55 am

It stays cool, but I like it like that.  I hate a hot room.

Me Too,I hate very hot rooms. :P

Written By: Howard on 01/17/11 at 6:56 am

We spent the evening with some friends of ours playing board games, so it was an enjoyable evening.  My back is really sore today.  I decided to take a bunch of stuff out of my purse, maybe that will help.  I had intended on doing more major cleaning today while hubby was out of the house with his friends.  Because he usually tells me to take it easy (I guess I make him nervous fluttering here and there.)   :-\\

8 years? Wow,Congrats.  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/17/11 at 12:01 pm

Thanks for the anniversary wishes Cat, Q, and Howard.  :)

Q, yeah I'm sure that is right in my hubby just worries about me opening my wound again.  I'm almost completely healed and it would be upsetting to have to start all over again.  He's always been rather protective of me anyway, you should have seen him in Philadelphia when the group of oozers were walking from bar to bar.  My hubby was kind of like a sheepdog in trying to keep us all together as we walked.  (I walk way way way slower then everybody else.  It takes alot of effort to move a glacier, you know?  lol)  It was kinda amusing.

You are also correct about the libraries I worked for having some kind of personnel file on me, I presume.  I guess I'm just nervous getting back into the game again.  There is some discrimination towards overweight folks in the workplace sometimes.  Plus I never finished college, so I always feel like I won't measure up in one way or another.  Such is life, I guess.

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/17/11 at 1:51 pm

Thanks for the anniversary wishes Cat, Q, and Howard.   :)

Q, yeah I'm sure that is right in my hubby just worries about me opening my wound again.  I'm almost completely healed and it would be upsetting to have to start all over again.  He's always been rather protective of me anyway, you should have seen him in Philadelphia when the group of oozers were walking from bar to bar.  My hubby was kind of like a sheepdog in trying to keep us all together as we walked.  (I walk way way way slower then everybody else.  It takes alot of effort to move a glacier, you know?  lol)  It was kinda amusing.

You are also correct about the libraries I worked for having some kind of personnel file on me, I presume.  I guess I'm just nervous getting back into the game again.  There is some discrimination towards overweight folks in the workplace sometimes.  Plus I never finished college, so I always feel like I won't measure up in one way or another.  Such is life, I guess.
Congrats Patty...

and you will never know unless you try!  You'll always miss 100% of the shots you never take ;)

Good luck, and get out there!

Written By: Dagwood on 01/17/11 at 5:20 pm

Made the mistake of asking my child what she wanted for dinner.  Now I have to make lasagne.  Not the frozen kind...I have to actually cook.  :\'(

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/17/11 at 5:29 pm

Made the mistake of asking my child what she wanted for dinner.  Now I have to make lasagne.  Not the frozen kind...I have to actually cook.  :\'(
OY - and it is 5:30 here, even if you use store sauce, that is still like 1/2hour to prepare (at least) and then an hour to cook and 15 minutes to sit and gel (this family would never make it - of course the girls go to bed at 8pm as well)  :P  I love lasagna, and I love to make it, but that is definitely a weekend project  8)

Good luck!  I am sure it will be delicious and I wish I could come over!  I would even bring the garlic bread and salad (I have olive garden dressing) YUM (Ok now my duck doesn't sound so appealing)

Written By: Dagwood on 01/17/11 at 9:10 pm

It was most definitely store bought sauce.  I don't make home made sauce.  We ate late, but she had a late lunch so all was good.  It turned out yummy and I love that there is enough for me to take for lunch tomorrow.

Wish you could come over to get some, too.

Written By: Jessica on 01/17/11 at 9:33 pm

O hai.

Written By: wildcard on 01/17/11 at 11:15 pm

^ haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/11 at 12:03 am

Patty the beauty about not having a college degree and working in a library is that all you need to know is right at your fingertips.
Ever notice how it's the college students who need the most help in libraries?

I'm just saying don't sell yourself short you're a smart funny woman they'd be lucky to get you!

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/11 at 12:05 am

O hai.

Hey jess!

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/11 at 12:07 am

Perhaps dag/Sami

Y'all should make a lasange to put in the freezer that way you always have one on hand.
Dag if I were your kid I'd never ask for lasagna  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/18/11 at 6:56 am

You don't have Stouffers? ???

Written By: Dagwood on 01/18/11 at 6:57 am

Really?  Gee, I wonder why? ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/18/11 at 6:57 am

O hai.

Hi Jessica. :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/11 at 7:29 am

It was most definitely store bought sauce.  I don't make home made sauce.  We ate late, but she had a late lunch so all was good.  It turned out yummy and I love that there is enough for me to take for lunch tomorrow.

mmmm  sounds good. I have a great sauce recipe!  I haven't been able to buy sauce since I discovered it...  I usually make my own spaghetti sauce too!

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/11 at 7:35 am

O hai.
:oDRIVE BUY!  Everyone duck  :D

I figured we would be showered with fudge bombs  ;)

Hi Jess, miss you 8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/11 at 7:36 am

Perhaps dag/Sami

Y'all should make a lasange to put in the freezer that way you always have one on hand.
I have done that before.  But A) I never have it out and thawed when we want it B) if you cook it frozen it takes about 2 hours to bake  :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/11 at 7:39 am

Cheeseless lasagna...  Mmmm layer of meat, layer of sauce, layer of noodles repeat (might not be bad)  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/18/11 at 9:06 am

Do you make it with ricotta or cottage cheese? I prefer ricotta myself.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/11 at 12:45 pm

;D  Just sayin'  :D

Written By: karen on 01/18/11 at 4:18 pm

racking our brains here trying to think of a suitable gift for friends.  In February Dai and the children are going across to the US to stay with friends in their holiday place in Vermont (at a ski resort).  We've been trying to think of something suitably British to take as a gift. 

So to all the US members.  If I was coming to visit what sort of thing might you like as a gift to represent Britain?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/18/11 at 4:31 pm

racking our brains here trying to think of a suitable gift for friends.  In February Dai and the children are going across to the US to stay with friends in their holiday place in Vermont (at a ski resort).  We've been trying to think of something suitably British to take as a gift. 

So to all the US members.  If I was coming to visit what sort of thing might you like as a gift to represent Britain?

Oh sure, they are going to be in Vermont and we aren't there! BTW, what resort?

As for gifts, food is always good-stuff you can't get in the U.S. Maybe some British teas (don't know if your friends drink tea or not). Not too sure what kind of confectioneries England is noted for. But stuff like that.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/11 at 5:13 pm

Oh sure, they are going to be in Vermont and we aren't there! BTW, what resort?

As for gifts, food is always good-stuff you can't get in the U.S. Maybe some British teas (don't know if your friends drink tea or not). Not too sure what kind of confectioneries England is noted for. But stuff like that.

Cat

Why would they need tea? They can just drink Lipton's

*ducks*  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 01/18/11 at 5:42 pm

mmmm  sounds good. I have a great sauce recipe!  I haven't been able to buy sauce since I discovered it...  I usually make my own spaghetti sauce too!

Willing to share that recipe?  I would love to move more towards home made than store bought.  That way I know more of what is in it.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/18/11 at 5:43 pm

Do you make it with ricotta or cottage cheese? I prefer ricotta myself.

Cat

I prefer ricotta but usually have to go with cottage because of the price.  My friend mixes the two and it turns out really good.

Just started the planning for my and my friend's big 4-0 party.  We got a room in Vegas April 10 thru the 12th!  We are going to Sin city and plan on sinning.  Is that bad? ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/18/11 at 6:00 pm

Why would they need tea? They can just drink Lipton's

*ducks*  :D

I always drink Lipton-which I know our friends across the pond thinks I'm terrible for doing. I can't help it, I like it.  :-[ :-[

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/11 at 7:27 pm

CHOCOLATE ORANGES....  Just sayin 8)  I would stay away from the Black pudding and blood sausage and stuff of that sort (not sure if that is British or Irish though)  :-\\
Fish and Chips probably not good either...

A tea set/ tea towels/ ??? Thinking you would have a nice assortment of them there?
Monty Python?
Beatles?
Pub coasters/Pub glasses/pints
Crabtree and Evelynn scents (sp???)
A jam spreading knife (crumpets and jam???)

OK - sorry here I am out of ideas... 

A BRITISH MOHAWK HAT
http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/graphics/products/regular/CF0352.jpg

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/11 at 7:29 pm

Willing to share that recipe?  I would love to move more towards home made than store bought.  That way I know more of what is in it.
Yes - notta problem, let me finish with finals and I will send it to ya 8)

Written By: Howard on 01/18/11 at 8:28 pm

Cheeseless lasagna...  Mmmm layer of meat, layer of sauce, layer of noodles repeat (might not be bad)  ::)

Now I'm still hungry even though I had dinner. :(

Written By: Howard on 01/18/11 at 8:29 pm

British music.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/18/11 at 9:57 pm

Yes - notta problem, let me finish with finals and I will send it to ya 8)

Yay! Thanks! :)

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/11 at 10:09 pm

I buy the spaghetti mix packets - the powder you buy from the seasonings aisle - where the meatloaf/taco/gravy packets are.

I put about 12- 24ozs of tomato sauce (depending on how much packet you buy)
Anyway I dice an onion and put it in a pan with the leanest ground beef I can find (usuly 97% - it makes a difference)

So I brown the ground beef and onions in one pan
In a pot I put in the sauce and powder seasoning on simmer.
I drain the ground beef - even tho it's lean I still try to get all excess fat out of it
I add the cooked meat and onions to the simmer and stir

I let that cook while I make the spaghetti

Oh I've also used ground turkey I never likes it before but I find if you make the meat as small as possible (ie break up the larger chunks) you honestly can't tell.

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/11 at 10:12 pm

I always drink Lipton-which I know our friends across the pond thinks I'm terrible for doing. I can't help it, I like it.  :-[ :-[

Cat

I like it. Oh for the recede for our less snobby friends  ;) trader joes has an awesome sweet tea!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/18/11 at 11:24 pm

I dropped a class because there was too much studying. I just didn't want to spend every other hour studying. That's what happened today.  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/19/11 at 6:46 am

I like it. Oh for the recede for our less snobby friends  ;) trader joes has an awesome sweet tea!

These guys have GREAT tea-go all the way down the page to get to the tea. (And the CDs are pretty good, too. I have most of them.)

http://www.woodstea.net/cds.html

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/19/11 at 6:48 am

I dropped a class because there was too much studying. I just didn't want to spend every other hour studying. That's what happened today.  ::)

What are you studying?  ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/19/11 at 7:02 am

My SIL is flying out today so we are heading over there this morning. We aren't too sure if we are staying there or here so we are bring stuff with us just in case. There are some advantages to being there-she has DSL (so I don't have to fight with the &^%$#*@ wireless that keeps cutting out-having flashbacks of dial-up days). She also has t.v. plus a washer/dryer which I will be using today.  :-\\

But we don't have the queen-size bed (only a double), my exercise room, and I don't have my soaker tub.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/11 at 7:54 am

What are you studying?  ???

I WAS studying Geology, but then switched to a communications class.

Written By: karen on 01/19/11 at 8:27 am

thanks for the ideas guys.  ( I'll ignore snoz's jabs)

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/11 at 8:59 am

thanks for the ideas guys.  ( I'll ignore snoz's jabs)

You still love me tho right?  :-* ;D

Oh and I was totally serious about trader joes sweet tea.
I know you font consider it tea but for people who do like sweet tea it's fantastic

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/11 at 9:01 am

Cat how far is your place from your SIL?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/19/11 at 9:42 am

Cat how far is your place from your SIL?

It's in the same zip code.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Actually, it is only about 10 minutes away. I'm at her place now and she has taken off.  :\'( :\'( :\'( But, I know she NEEDS to get away. So, I'm on DSL now and doing laundry. At least now, I can watch shows on-line that I couldn't really do with the wireless. If we forgot anything, we can get it when we go check the mail.

Cat

Written By: karen on 01/19/11 at 10:07 am

You still love me tho right?  :-* ;D

Oh and I was totally serious about trader joes sweet tea.
I know you font consider it tea but for people who do like sweet tea it's fantastic

Dai and I were food shopping the other week.  He spotted some sweet tea for sale (I forget what brand it was) and he was contemplating buying some! 

Written By: karen on 01/19/11 at 10:08 am

British music.

Such as?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/19/11 at 10:18 am

I don't like sweet tea.  8-P

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/19/11 at 1:09 pm

We went to K-Mart yesterday (yes, AGAIN). Some woman pulled up to the curve in front of the store just as we crossed the road. We walked behind her and then she started backing up without bothering to look behind her.  >:( >:( >:(  We started almost running so she wouldn't hit us. There was a guy sitting on a bench in front of the store and got her attention because she wasn't paying any attention to what was behind her.

When we got inside, there wasn't a cart to be found-they were ALL out in the parking lot and we thought, where is Howard when we need him?

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/19/11 at 1:15 pm

I don't like sweet tea.  8-P

Cat

I don't either.

Written By: Howard on 01/19/11 at 1:51 pm

I WAS studying Geology, but then switched to a communications class.

Good Luck.

Written By: Howard on 01/19/11 at 1:52 pm

Such as?

music from The British Invasion.

Written By: Howard on 01/19/11 at 1:53 pm

We went to K-Mart yesterday (yes, AGAIN). Some woman pulled up to the curve in front of the store just as we crossed the road. We walked behind her and then she started backing up without bothering to look behind her.  >:( >:( >:(  We started almost running so she wouldn't hit us. There was a guy sitting on a bench in front of the store and got her attention because she wasn't paying any attention to what was behind her.

When we got inside, there wasn't a cart to be found-they were ALL out in the parking lot and we thought, where is Howard when we need him?

Cat

On my day off.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/19/11 at 5:07 pm

Cat

He wouldn't have given you one, anyway. ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/19/11 at 5:12 pm

OMG - I was just going to type that  :D

Get outta there - and an error has occured  :P

Written By: Dagwood on 01/19/11 at 5:30 pm

OMG - I was just going to type that  :D

Get outta there - and an error has occured  :P

We must be using the same brain today. ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/19/11 at 5:38 pm

We must be using the same brain today. ;D
Well I hope you have the better half, my brain really hurts today... Ouch :-[

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/11 at 10:14 pm

Damn I said the same thing I guess I forgot to hit post.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/20/11 at 6:57 am

Depends on the mood you're in,If you're friendly towards me you'll get a nice shiny gold plated wagon,germ free.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/20/11 at 8:42 am

;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: karen on 01/20/11 at 8:55 am

I did something terribly English yesterday!  I started Morris Dancing classes. 

The style this group uses is called Border Morris.  It isn't the waving white handkerchiefs style, it's wielding a big stick and hitting things with it style

Written By: snozberries on 01/20/11 at 10:09 am

Hitting things with big sticks sounds fun!

Written By: wildcard on 01/20/11 at 10:44 am

hmm  the behinds of cartmen who wont give their customers carts?                                     

Written By: Howard on 01/20/11 at 12:35 pm

hmm  the behinds of cartmen who wont give their customers carts?                                       

What about my behind?  ???

Written By: wildcard on 01/20/11 at 4:33 pm

It's in back where you cant see it.

Written By: wildcard on 01/20/11 at 6:23 pm

I'm excited today because for one I saw the sun today.  Tomorrow I get to try doing my little magic show at Drail and make a fool out of myself.  If I can get a video on youtube or anything like that I'll let you know.  Lets see, I'll have four more meetings for sign language this month and then I'll get to tell you what's happening next month.

Written By: Howard on 01/21/11 at 7:14 am

It's in back where you cant see it.

I can't see it anyway.  ::)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/21/11 at 12:31 pm

Well today was a 2 hour delay (I guess -11 degrees with a -32 degree windchill, yes that's fahrenheit, is too cold).  So I went into school at 9:30, then I have 1/2 day off, to take my daughters to the dentist. YAY - I only worked 2 hours and today is Friday!!!  AND I GOT PAID THIS WEEK.  I have been living for almost a week on less than $100.  Dang gas prices, and too much eating out without a kitchen last month, and etc...  Now daughters b-day is coming up, but luckily I bought most of her presents before Christmas, on the good buys.  I have to get her a Nook cover, I would also like to get her the Wii Udraw (or something like that). 

But heck, I just found out she has $150 in Target gift cards... perhaps she can buy her own stuff!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/21/11 at 8:05 pm

I finished my homework today and if I could, I would give myself 1 karma point.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/21/11 at 8:12 pm

I finished my homework today and if I could, I would give myself 1 karma point.  ;D

Good For you.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/21/11 at 8:14 pm

Good For you.

Thanks.

Written By: snozberries on 01/21/11 at 9:17 pm

I got you for you!  8)

Written By: Dagwood on 01/21/11 at 9:43 pm

I got you for you!  8)

Me too. :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/11 at 7:13 am

Carlos' cousins showed up last night. (They own one of the other condos in the complex). We went over to say hello. We were offered a drink and we said rum. BOY was it strong even though he had mega soda in it and THEN he told us that it was 151.  :o :o :o :o (That was all he had in rum.) Carlos basically drank it but I took a few sips. It was nice. They will be here for the weekend but did invite us to a party on the 5th (another cousin is throwing it-one I have heard of often but have yet to meet). Carlos has so many cousins running around.  ;D ;D ;D (His mother was one of 7.)

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/22/11 at 5:33 pm

Got my taxes done last night... I'm getting about 50 or 75 less in federal but getting about 285 more in state! Last year I got a whopping $14 from the state of CA.  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/11 at 5:36 pm

Got my taxes done last night... I'm getting about 50 or 75 less in federal but getting about 285 more in state! Last year I got a whopping $14 from the state of CA.  ::)

Wow! $14. You had to be careful not to spend that all in one place, huh?

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/22/11 at 5:39 pm

Wow! $14. You had to be careful not to spend that all in one place, huh?

Cat

pretty much... I got two tri tip sandwiches!!! Thank you Govenator!  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/11 at 5:45 pm

pretty much... I got two tri tip sandwiches!!! Thank you Govenator!  :D

I can never figure out taxes. Our financial adviser/friend does it for us and we just sign our name. Of course he takes his fee.  :-\\  Carlos said that ours is simple that he should do it for ourselves. As long as HE is willing to do it because I always find doing them so confusing-and I have been told that I have a math mind (and ACED my Probs & Stats midterm) but STILL can't figure them out.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/22/11 at 5:54 pm

I can never figure out taxes. Our financial adviser/friend does it for us and we just sign our name. Of course he takes his fee.  :-\\  Carlos said that ours is simple that he should do it for ourselves. As long as HE is willing to do it because I always find doing them so confusing-and I have been told that I have a math mind (and ACED my Probs & Stats midterm) but STILL can't figure them out.

Cat

My mom used to do it for me when we lived in the same town. in 1996 when I was 500 miles away from her I decided to try it myself. I sat down on April 14th and stared at the papers and cried out of frustration. I always do an EZ form but for some reason it was like reading greek to me... I went to H&R block and paid something like 50 bucks... best 50 bucks I ever spent.  In later yrs the price has gone up to about 80 and I don't care... I just don't want to have to do it...

Once I went to an accountant that the officers used. He charged 250 and got me double what H&R block does but it scared the crap out of me because I think he made some shady deductions and I just didn't want to get audited so I returned to H&R block... I'd rather get less money, pay less money and know that it's all above board. 

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/22/11 at 6:53 pm

When I worked at the bank people would come in with  $4,000+++ returns, I've never gotten that much back.  Honestly I don't care if I get any money back just as long I don't owe, I'm happy.

Written By: Howard on 01/22/11 at 7:15 pm

This year Tax Day is on a Friday.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/22/11 at 8:31 pm

I use TaxAct.  It is free, online and up to date with all the new tax laws.  I have to pay to efile the state but it is cheap and they guarantee the return.  I had a bad experience with h&r block once and will never go back.  They marked me as handicapped and it went through and I ended up owing.  They didn't live up to their guarantee, either, and I had to pay the owing and penalties.

Written By: snozberries on 01/22/11 at 8:43 pm

I use TaxAct.  It is free, online and up to date with all the new tax laws.  I have to pay to efile the state but it is cheap and they guarantee the return.  I had a bad experience with h&r block once and will never go back.  They marked me as handicapped and it went through and I ended up owing.  They didn't live up to their guarantee, either, and I had to pay the owing and penalties.

That sucks!  Fortunately I've had no problems. Or none I know of.

Written By: snozberries on 01/22/11 at 8:44 pm

This year Tax Day is on a Friday.

Um thanks. Not information I really need since my taxes are already filed.

Written By: wildcard on 01/22/11 at 11:38 pm

I have and appointment at the SSI office on the 4th to make arangments to become my own payee..  Lisa, my Drail advisor, is going with me.  So anyway, I'll be making an attempt to be doing something for myself.

Mom's stil making me sick.  I looked at apartments just to see what kind of stuff's out there and about how much it might cost.  I guess right now because of the amount of money my mom can collect from me for the house payments,  they have enough money to send Joel to college.  John's done with college and has got a little job of some sort.  Let Joel finish college and then get my own apartment and be a nasty selfish leave me alone type of person.  Maybe do some kid parties  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 01/23/11 at 12:15 am

Today is my dad's 68th birthday.

Happy Birthday daddy!!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/bdaysmile.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/bdaysmile.gif

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/birthday.gif

Written By: snozberries on 01/23/11 at 6:37 am

You're moms got things twisted there ann. The money she recorded is supposed to be for you and only you. She should not be paying your brothers college tutiton using money she gets for you. Nor should she be using the money she gets for you to supplement the family budget so she can pay their college tuition.  You should talk to Lisa about that....unless you don't mind helping Joel.

Personally, based on everything you've said it sounds like you should put yourself first and get away from your mom.

Again, good for you for finally moving forward towards gaining independence

Written By: snozberries on 01/23/11 at 6:38 am

Happy Birthday daddy!!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/bdaysmile.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/bdaysmile.gif

Gappy birthday to your dad

Written By: Howard on 01/23/11 at 7:03 am

I have and appointment at the SSI office on the 4th to make arangments to become my own payee..  Lisa, my Drail advisor, is going with me.  So anyway, I'll be making an attempt to be doing something for myself.

Mom's stil making me sick.  I looked at apartments just to see what kind of stuff's out there and about how much it might cost.  I guess right now because of the amount of money my mom can collect from me for the house payments,  they have enough money to send Joel to college.  John's done with college and has got a little job of some sort.  Let Joel finish college and then get my own apartment and be a nasty selfish leave me alone type of person.  Maybe do some kid parties  :)

I always hated the SSI office,that place makes me nervous.

Written By: Howard on 01/23/11 at 7:03 am

Happy Birthday to your Father.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/11 at 7:37 am

Speaking of SSI-I haven't heard anything from SSDI which I should soon. I got a letter a while ago saying that I will be hearing from them within 75 days. That was back in Dec. I think. To be fair, our mail is being forwarded so we have been getting everything about week later than we normally would.

Today, we are going to our house to take out the garbage.  :D ;D ;D ;D  I don't think that is something my SIL has been doing because we have empty boxes from all the STUFF we had gotten for the house, packaging, etc. etc. There is one wall you can't even see because it is piled up with trash. I will be happy to get it out of there. Oh, and garbage pick-up is FREE!!!  :o :o :o  At home, we have to pay someone to come pick it up or we have to take it to the dump (and pay). We were having it picked up until the company kept raising its rates and diminishing its services. Carlos takes it to the dump (every so often-so it piles up on the back porch  >:( >:( ) but it doesn't cost that much. Only about a dollar a bag or so. But, it does get to me when the garbage piles up. I would rather have trash piled up than garbage. Trash doesn't stink!

Sorry, to go off about garbage this morning.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: karen on 01/23/11 at 8:09 am

an interesting distinction between trash and garbage.  To me the words mean the same!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/11 at 8:12 am

an interesting distinction between trash and garbage.  To me the words mean the same!

Like I said, I use the word trash to papers/cardboard & the likes, garbage is left-over food, stuff that rots, and stinks after a few days. (Though, there are times when I do use the words interchangeably).

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/23/11 at 8:43 am

When I worked at the bank people would come in with  $4,000+++ returns, I've never gotten that much back.  Honestly I don't care if I get any money back just as long I don't owe, I'm happy.
Really no one should WANT money back, because that means they have been paying too much in!  You could invest that money you paid in and receive interest on it.  Giving money to the US (or State) gov't is not a savings program (the gov't gets to make interest on that money and not you).  I used to work with a single guy, who would have as much money taken out of his pay check as he could, so he would get money back after taxes and take a vacation. We always tried telling him to put that money in a savings plan and you would have more in the end....  Nope, never listened...

Written By: snozberries on 01/23/11 at 9:39 am

Really no one should WANT money back, because that means they have been paying too much in!  You could invest that money you paid in and receive interest on it.  Giving money to the US (or State) gov't is not a savings program (the gov't gets to make interest on that money and not you).  I used to work with a single guy, who would have as much money taken out of his pay check as he could, so he would get money back after taxes and take a vacation. We always tried telling him to put that money in a savings plan and you would have more in the end....  Nope, never listened...

yeah well the alternative is paying taxes and let's face it---the way I spend money I'd never have any money to pay then I'd be in prison... no thank you....

Written By: wildcard on 01/23/11 at 10:52 am

You're moms got things twisted there ann. The money she recorded is supposed to be for you and only you. She should not be paying your brothers college tutiton using money she gets for you. Nor should she be using the money she gets for you to supplement the family budget so she can pay their college tuition.  You should talk to Lisa about that....unless you don't mind helping Joel.

Personally, based on everything you've said it sounds like you should put yourself first and get away from your mom.

Again, good for you for finally moving forward towards gaining independence

I don't know what has been going on but I'm going to be incharge of reporting it to SSI.  I can help support the family a little if my needs are met first( my own TTY phone not a rental)  If money is collected for Joel to go to college then I'd find that dead wrong.  You don't have to go to college to get a job.  I don't know, I don't get told anything.  Just yesterday my mom came to me and started talking and I needed to turn up the volume on my pocket talker so I did.  Then she said forget it it's to hard to communicate with you. ( You know I am deaf  why not try using sign).  Later her and I got verbaly talking about my hearing aid.  I need to pay 200 for a new ear mold.  I'm thinking yeah so she can tell me I'm to hard to communicate with. 

I already went through the first 5 years of my childhood before John became my brother.  I've been hanging around to make sure my brothers don't get as screwed up as me.  There grown up now, I'm still alive, I'm winning and I'm keeping it that way.

Written By: Howard on 01/23/11 at 12:18 pm

Speaking of SSI-I haven't heard anything from SSDI which I should soon. I got a letter a while ago saying that I will be hearing from them within 75 days. That was back in Dec. I think. To be fair, our mail is being forwarded so we have been getting everything about week later than we normally would.

Could you call them to make sure you'll be getting the money? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/11 at 12:29 pm

Could you call them to make sure you'll be getting the money? ???

I'm not getting $$$ from them YET!! My case is in appeal. My appeal hearing should be happening soon.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/23/11 at 12:39 pm

I'm not getting $$$ from them YET!! My case is in appeal. My appeal hearing should be happening soon.

Cat

Good Luck With SSI.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/11 at 12:45 pm

Good Luck With SSI.

It is NOT SSI-it is SSDI-two totally different species but they both come from Social Security.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 01/23/11 at 9:28 pm

I understand this, but I am so bad at saving I would rather overpay and get a refund.  It comes in time to register my car and pay the taxes on my house.  If I have savings, I have a real hard time leaving it alone.

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/23/11 at 9:32 pm

yeah well the alternative is paying taxes and let's face it---the way I spend money I'd never have any money to pay then I'd be in prison... no thank you....
No I wasn't speaking of you (a couple hundred, is minute - not going to make much either way).  This guy used to have the gov't take an extra 300 out if his check, getting thousands back at the end).  He could have had an automatic deduct for his 401k or savings plan...,

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/23/11 at 9:36 pm

I understand this, but I am so bad at saving I would rather overpay and get a refund.  It comes in time to register my car and pay the taxes on my house.  If I have savings, I have a real hard time leaving it alone.
Our bank has savings you can't touch till a certain time (you set it); without serious deductions.  SOrr of like a Christmas plan, but at other times (say you are planning a vacation... Say lay away)

Written By: Dagwood on 01/23/11 at 9:42 pm

Our bank has savings you can't touch till a certain time (you set it); without serious deductions.  SOrr of like a Christmas plan, but at other times (say you are planning a vacation... Say lay away)

I need to see if my bank has that.

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/11 at 3:32 am

You and me both sister!

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/11 at 3:34 am

No I wasn't speaking of you (a couple hundred, is minute - not going to make much either way).  This guy used to have the gov't take an extra 300 out if his check, getting thousands back at the end).  He could have had an automatic deduct for his 401k or savings plan...,

Well my federal refund is well over $300
Even the tax lady said. Wow they take out a lot. I'm thinking yeah....better safe than sorry.

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/11 at 3:40 am

Our bank has savings you can't touch till a certain time (you set it); without serious deductions.  SOrr of like a Christmas plan, but at other times (say you are planning a vacation... Say lay away)

I would never put money in it. Too often I need to dip into my savings for gas, food, unplanned trip to la and/or a surprise Paley event.

Paley is why I'm always broke. They can announce 5 event in a month that I want to attend.

That all the fun "free" stuff there is to in la.

Honestly every week I could go see free movies. Go to tv show tapings 5 days a week. Eat for really amazing prices and um see plays at a great discounted rated if you're willing to go at the last minute you can always find tickets to stuff at 50-75% off.

But all of this stuff costs me nearly a tank of gas each time I drive to la

I swear if I lived there I'd have a really amazing life!
And way more money!
8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/24/11 at 6:03 am

I would never put money in it. Too often I need to dip into my savings for gas, food, unplanned trip to la and/or a surprise Paley event.

Paley is why I'm always broke. They can announce 5 event in a month that I want to attend.

That all the fun "free" stuff there is to in la.

Honestly every week I could go see free movies. Go to tv show tapings 5 days a week. Eat for really amazing prices and um see plays at a great discounted rated if you're willing to go at the last minute you can always find tickets to stuff at 50-75% off.

But all of this stuff costs me nearly a tank of gas each time I drive to la

I swear if I lived there I'd have a really amazing life!
And way more money!
8)
With gas expected to rise to $5/gallon, you may want to budget ahead!  I know that is almost going to double my gas expenditures!  To fill my tank will darn well cost over $100 and I am not going tobe going anywhere ( and I have to go somewhere for anything!)

Written By: Howard on 01/24/11 at 7:03 am

It is NOT SSI-it is SSDI-two totally different species but they both come from Social Security.

Cat

I'm on SSDI myself.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/24/11 at 7:18 am

My sisters heat didn't exactly go out, but it won't heat enough, currently it is 46 degrees in here.  She called last night so I drove her to a friends house where she spent the night and now I am back over here waiting for the burner guy. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/24/11 at 9:06 am

I am lucky. Looking at my finances, it doesn't look like much on paper but compared to our cost of living, we are able to put a bunch away. If we lived, say in the LA area, we would be hurting.

My sisters heat didn't exactly go out, but it won't heat enough, currently it is 46 degrees in here.  She called last night so I drove her to a friends house where she spent the night and now I am back over here waiting for the burner guy. 

I heard you guys are getting hit with some major Arctic blast. Keep warm, my friend-your sister, too.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 01/24/11 at 9:25 am

Well things are back to normal.  Big Hint, if you have forced hot air don't throw your coat over the return register.  That's all it was.  If her bedroom wasn't such a mess I probably would have caught it last night.  Live and Learn.

Written By: Howard on 01/24/11 at 12:30 pm

I am lucky. Looking at my finances, it doesn't look like much on paper but compared to our cost of living, we are able to put a bunch away. If we lived, say in the LA area, we would be hurting.

I heard you guys are getting hit with some major Arctic blast. Keep warm, my friend-your sister, too.

Cat

Yeah New York was 10 degrees this morning and it didn't get much higher than 17 today. :o

Written By: nally on 01/24/11 at 6:43 pm

Went to a workshop this morning for tips on how to search for jobs more effectively. The presenter even used an analogy to make it interesting: preparing a banana cream pie. She touched on various issues related to job searching, which I think will be helpful to me. Among the tips presented were to be more open-minded about what to search for.

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/24/11 at 8:48 pm

Went to a workshop this morning for tips on how to search for jobs more effectively. The presenter even used an analogy to make it interesting: preparing a banana cream pie. She touched on various issues related to job searching, which I think will be helpful to me. Among the tips presented were to be more open-minded about what to search for.
Well yeah!  In today's job market you have to take whatever you can get (and look at every job offered); doesn't pay to be choosie.  Good luck, open your mind and see where it will take you!  I think q has mentioned Best Buy a few times!  They were looking for people before Christmas, not sure that is the case now; but it never hurts to look!

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/11 at 8:52 pm

Well yeah!  In today's job market you have to take whatever you can get (and look at every job offered); doesn't pay to be choosie.  Good luck, open your mind and see where it will take you!  I think q has mentioned Best Buy a few times!  They were looking for people before Christmas, not sure that is the case now; but it never hurts to look!

I saw a commercial today for joinafflack (you know that duck insurance group) joinafflack.com (check the spelling)   they are hiring people to do insurance sales

today I was online with the bus company in santa barbara and I know they are hiring staff... not that you want to work in santa barbara but usually there are a ton of city jobs available Jeff if you check the city HR web site *your city not mine obviously*

Written By: Howard on 01/25/11 at 6:44 am

Good Luck.

Written By: nally on 01/25/11 at 10:40 am

Well yeah!  In today's job market you have to take whatever you can get (and look at every job offered); doesn't pay to be choosie.  Good luck, open your mind and see where it will take you! 

Thank you! I learned some new strategies yesterday, and will be able to take them into consideration when I start doing my searches today.

I think q has mentioned Best Buy a few times! 

Yes, and I'm sure they have all kinds of possibilities, not just in the customer service area.

They were looking for people before Christmas, not sure that is the case now; but it never hurts to look!

Absolutely; I can do that anytime!

Good Luck.

Thank you.

Written By: nally on 01/25/11 at 10:43 am

This morning we had to take our dog, Chloe, to the vet, for a tooth removal; this one tooth in her mouth has been causing problems (and causing pain and sensitivity), and when the vet examined her a couple weeks ago, he determined that the tooth would best be removed so that it doesn't make things worse for Chloe. So this morning I will pray that everything goes well with the surgery.

Written By: karen on 01/25/11 at 10:43 am

nally

think of some companies you might like to work for and check their vacancies website once a week.

Is there a local paper that publishes local job vacancies on a regular day (like one paper here publishes them every Wednesday so I only buy the paper on that day)

These are two of the strategies I am using

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/25/11 at 12:33 pm

Saw the plastic surgeon yesterday.  I will have to have more surgery March 8th.  I don't really know what I was expecting, I guess I'd hope that they'd say... OK, you are fine now.  I don't know why this one scares me so much more then the other ones did.  I guess because I'm feeling better and not looking forward to the healing process all over again.  The other surgeries were more or less on an emergency basis, so I had to do them.  This surgery sounds pretty... radical.  They will be taking the majority of my belly fat off (even parts of what were taken off last summer.)  Of course, this is all dependent on whether my insurance will cover it or not.  On the upside, at least this should make it so that I can actually walk around a bit easier now.  The surgeon seemed knowledgable and friendly.  He and my hubby got along swell.  I was sitting there on the exam table in a hospital gown and they have a full-length mirror on the back of the door.  It is not a view I see often and it completely horrified me.  I'm really lucky that my hubby loves me for who I am and how I treat him. 
I was going to apply for the library job but felt I should hold off until after my appointment and so I guess that I won't apply for this job.  Perhaps after I heal (again), it will be ok to look again.

Written By: snozberries on 01/25/11 at 12:35 pm

nally

think of some companies you might like to work for and check their vacancies website once a week.

Is there a local paper that publishes local job vacancies on a regular day (like one paper here publishes them every Wednesday so I only buy the paper on that day)

These are two of the strategies I am using

the sunday paper typically has the most job openings.

If Jeff isn't opposed to working retail there's a huge outlet not too far from where he lives they're always hiring at various stores there.  And there are always ads seeking office workers -  and a great idea - which I suggested before would be to go to a temp agency because they have a variety of jobs they could send him on and sometimes those jobs pan out into a full time appointment.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/25/11 at 1:40 pm

Saw the plastic surgeon yesterday.  I will have to have more surgery March 8th.  I don't really know what I was expecting, I guess I'd hope that they'd say... OK, you are fine now.  I don't know why this one scares me so much more then the other ones did.  I guess because I'm feeling better and not looking forward to the healing process all over again.  The other surgeries were more or less on an emergency basis, so I had to do them.  This surgery sounds pretty... radical.  They will be taking the majority of my belly fat off (even parts of what were taken off last summer.)  Of course, this is all dependent on whether my insurance will cover it or not.  On the upside, at least this should make it so that I can actually walk around a bit easier now.  The surgeon seemed knowledgable and friendly.  He and my hubby got along swell.  I was sitting there on the exam table in a hospital gown and they have a full-length mirror on the back of the door.  It is not a view I see often and it completely horrified me.  I'm really lucky that my hubby loves me for who I am and how I treat him. 
I was going to apply for the library job but felt I should hold off until after my appointment and so I guess that I won't apply for this job.  Perhaps after I heal (again), it will be ok to look again.

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/25/11 at 3:06 pm

Aw that sucks Patty I'm sorry! ((((hugs))))

Waiting to apply for work until after you're all healed sounds like and excellent idea. 

Written By: nally on 01/25/11 at 5:37 pm

Aw that sucks Patty I'm sorry! ((((hugs))))

ditto.

Anyway I just heard from the animal hospital place, and our dog Chloe has had a successful operation (tooth removal), and the people said that she'll be ready to get picked up in about an hour.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/25/11 at 5:49 pm

{{{hugs}}} and prayers, Patty.

Written By: Howard on 01/25/11 at 8:21 pm

ditto.

Anyway I just heard from the animal hospital place, and our dog Chloe has had a successful operation (tooth removal), and the people said that she'll be ready to get picked up in about an hour.

That's great.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/25/11 at 9:11 pm

I have to meet with 4 classmates that I feel uncomfortable around because I don't know them. It's for my communications class.

Oh well, it's either this or study every weekend!

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/25/11 at 9:16 pm

Good thoughts coming you way! 

Glad to hear Chloe is doing good.

My day was fun, I got to be on the Grand Jury.  Basically, it's a one day thing where we listened to witnesses and evidence on cases and it was our responsibility to decide if there was enough evidence to send it to a jury trial.  I really enjoyed it, it's amazing how stupid crimials can be and even more amazing what shoplifters will shove inside their pants.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/26/11 at 1:36 am

Good thoughts coming you way! 

My day was fun, I got to be on the Grand Jury.  Basically, it's a one day thing where we listened to witnesses and evidence on cases and it was our responsibility to decide if there was enough evidence to send it to a jury trial.  I really enjoyed it, it's amazing how stupid crimials can be and even more amazing what shoplifters will shove inside their pants.  ;D

grand jury duty is way better than regular jury duty!

Written By: snozberries on 01/26/11 at 1:36 am

I have to meet with 4 classmates that I feel uncomfortable around because I don't know them. It's for my communications class.

consider it an experiment in um.....well...communication.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/26/11 at 6:48 am

Good Luck and hope it works out.

Written By: karen on 01/26/11 at 7:56 am

Hoping it goes well for you Patty

Written By: danootaandme on 01/26/11 at 8:47 am

Try to relax, maybe you'll find a lifelong friend in the group.  ;)

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/26/11 at 9:21 am

Supposed to get more snow today but right now it just raining.  Schools are closing early all around me but I haven't heard anything about my kid's school...yet.  At least if they do go home early they won't have to make up this day.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/26/11 at 10:02 am

After being here for two weeks, I think we are FINALLY going to make it to the beach this afternoon.

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/26/11 at 10:37 am

Thanks Carol; she was still kinda groggy from the anesthesia, and still in a bit of pain last night. And of course she has some medicines to take for the next several days.

On a similar note, my mom has a jury summons for the federal district court in downtown L.A.; she had to call in on Monday night to see if she would need to report on Tuesday (yesterday); turns out, she didn't have to, but she has to call again next Monday night, and if she has to go in next Tuesday, then she could be selected for a jury...and who knows how long she'll need to do that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/26/11 at 1:23 pm

Still no beach today.  :\'(  Maybe tomorrow.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/26/11 at 2:03 pm

Supposed to get more snow today but right now it just raining.  Schools are closing early all around me but I haven't heard anything about my kid's school...yet.  At least if they do go home early they won't have to make up this day.

New York has more snow Carol,Winter is here with a vengenance.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/26/11 at 4:55 pm

Cat

We are home and have the shovels ready for the next Nor'easter that is coming tomorrow morning.  The kids have had at least on day off for snow every week since coming back from Christmas vacation, and it's supposed to snow next week.

Written By: karen on 01/26/11 at 5:44 pm

We are home and have the shovels ready for the next Nor'easter that is coming tomorrow morning.  The kids have had at least on day off for snow every week since coming back from Christmas vacation, and it's supposed to snow next week.

I hear from friends it's been the same in CT.  Can't decide if I'm glad we've missed it or not.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/26/11 at 6:18 pm

I hear from friends it's been the same in CT.  Can't decide if I'm glad we've missed it or not.

Just talked to my sister in Conn. She said, "I know you miss it, don't you? Admit it, you miss it."  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: seamermar on 01/26/11 at 6:26 pm

Before January is over I wanna wish some health to Patty and encouragement to face all the  mishap that it comes.
I feel a bit guilty for not to be more in the wake.
I want to share a part of our day to day, and give some hope wherever needed.

Nally, I suppose I saw Chloe in any photo you posted time ago. Seemed smart and gorgeous ( if a doggie can be so )
Good luck to her as well.

A kiss and a blow of bliss to bring all sufferer penguins a bit of relief.

Written By: nally on 01/26/11 at 6:33 pm

Nally, I suppose I saw Chloe in any photo you posted time ago. Seemed smart and gorgeous ( if a doggie can be so )
Good luck to her as well.

Why thank you. :) Yes, she has a cute face. Today she seemed a bit more active and perky, but is still recovering from her operation. My mom tried taking her for a walk this afternoon, but didn't get very far. (Of course, these things take time to improve.) Also, she has to eat her food in soft form for the next few days.

Written By: snozberries on 01/26/11 at 6:37 pm

Cat

I drove past the ocean today... oh wait... I drive past it every time I leave my house...

alas... I also did not go to beach today but I could've if I wanted to  :P

Written By: 80sfan on 01/26/11 at 6:40 pm

consider it an experiment in um.....well...communication.  ;)

;D

Written By: 80sfan on 01/26/11 at 6:42 pm

Try to relax, maybe you'll find a lifelong friend in the group.  ;)

Surprisingly we all clicked well together! I guess luck was all on our sides.

I've been in groups where no one really talks or evens out the work (sometimes only 2 out of 5 people do most of the work), but this time I lucked out and I'm glad.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/26/11 at 6:43 pm

Good Luck and hope it works out.

It did.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/26/11 at 6:46 pm

I drove past the ocean today... oh wait... I drive past it every time I leave my house...

alas... I also did not go to beach today but I could've if I wanted to  :P

YOU know why we didn't go.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 01/27/11 at 12:58 am

On my way home from Drail, I stopped at the store and found me a little kit for starting some cornflowers indoors.  So I planted those.  I've been talking too myself and reminding myself that whatever this is  is psycholoigal fear and I don't even know in the first place if there is anything to fear.  So I down know what the hell I'm doing,  , I haven't known all my live.  Your going to keep doing what's right remember Ann?  Don't let your mom freak you out.  You know for a fact that she has been and continues to scare you and distort the truth.

Written By: seamermar on 01/27/11 at 6:19 am

Why thank you. :) Yes, she has a cute face. Today she seemed a bit more active and perky, but is still recovering from her operation. My mom tried taking her for a walk this afternoon, but didn't get very far. (Of course, these things take time to improve.) Also, she has to eat her food in soft form for the next few days.

A dog also needs some cares and days for recovering the whole intestine from the mouth to the rear.
Don't hurry her, and be aware of where she hides to puke and poop. So your smell can you steer  :)

Written By: seamermar on 01/27/11 at 6:25 am

YOU know why we didn't go.  :-\\

Cat

Never mind Cat, beach isn't gonna go much far  ;)

By here it's a time of hell, now I understand why you day "I'm under the weather"
No hiking, no walking I must stay at home watching  rain-drops fall  8)

Though I ain't ill at all,
I'm UNDER THE WEATHER,  a whole lot  >:(

Written By: Howard on 01/27/11 at 6:50 am

We've had about 16 inches on top of the other ridiculous storms we've had already. ::)

Written By: Howard on 01/27/11 at 6:55 am

Wow,Mother Nature has really pounded us with snowstorm after snowstorm each and every week,But the winter ain't over yet as we have once again another snowstorm coming Tuesday Night into Wednesday Morning but New York so far we've had almost 4 feet for the total season,We've busted the record.

Written By: karen on 01/27/11 at 10:50 am

We had some new windows fitted today.  One in our bedroom, the one in James's room and two sliding patio doors downstairs (the locks on these were broken at some point whilst we were away - one was locked shut and the other couldn't be locked at all.)

Tomorrow will be James's 9th birthday.  Where did all that time go?  we are taking him and some friends to a Laser Quest type place on Saturday for a couple of games and then back here for pizza.

Written By: nally on 01/27/11 at 10:53 am

A dog also needs some cares and days for recovering the whole intestine from the mouth to the rear.

Of course. It was just her mouth that was operated on; like I said, it was a tooth removal.

Don't hurry her, and be aware of where she hides to puke and poop. So your smell can you steer  :)

Don't worry; anytime Chloe needs to do business, she lets us know, and we take her outside to do it.

Written By: snozberries on 01/27/11 at 10:57 am

Master James is turning 9??? ALREADY?!?!?  :o

Written By: karen on 01/27/11 at 10:59 am

Yes!  It's scarey!

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/27/11 at 11:00 am

Have to go shopping today....don't want to :(

Written By: karen on 01/27/11 at 11:00 am

I guess it depends what sort of shopping

Written By: nally on 01/27/11 at 11:03 am

Yes!  It's scarey!

Happy birthday to James http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/bdaysmile.gif

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/27/11 at 11:22 am

Not much, took the kids to school this morning, came home and showered and styled my hair, got to run to the store in a bit becuase we're out of coffee.  After I pick up the kids I need to take the boy for a hair cut. 

I also need to run to the vet to get some more medicine for our Lab, Jake.  He's 12 and has Osteoarthritis so we started him on a new medication.  It's seems to be helping him.  I wonder if I should order online.  Has anyone ever used PetMeds or someplace similar?  I wonder if I would save much.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 01/27/11 at 11:38 am

Spent a lot of money yesterday getting a haircut I hate.

Today I'm spending the day avoiding a mirror.  :P

Written By: Howard on 01/27/11 at 12:46 pm

weather related, Mama?  ???

Written By: danootaandme on 01/27/11 at 3:24 pm

Shoveled the driveway, went to breakfast, went to Sigs, went to lunch, went to the library, went home, shoveled a bit more(didn't need it, just did it), went to the other library, now home.  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/27/11 at 4:21 pm

Happy birthday to James! 

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/27/11 at 9:50 pm

We had some new windows fitted today.  One in our bedroom, the one in James's room and two sliding patio doors downstairs (the locks on these were broken at some point whilst we were away - one was locked shut and the other couldn't be locked at all.)

Tomorrow will be James's 9th birthday.  Where did all that time go?  we are taking him and some friends to a Laser Quest type place on Saturday for a couple of games and then back here for pizza.
Where does time go!  My eldest turns 9 in Feb.  I can't believe it!  Happy Birthday James :)

Written By: Howard on 01/28/11 at 6:38 am

Shoveled the driveway, went to breakfast, went to Sigs, went to lunch, went to the library, went home, shoveled a bit more(didn't need it, just did it), went to the other library, now home.   :)

I think I shoveled 3 times yesterday. :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/28/11 at 9:05 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BUDDY JAMES!!!!!

Cat

Written By: karen on 01/28/11 at 10:38 am

James says thanks for all the good wishes.

The children in his class sang happy birthday to him at the end of the school day and tonight we are going out for dinner

Written By: nally on 01/28/11 at 1:46 pm

James says thanks for all the good wishes.

The children in his class sang happy birthday to him at the end of the school day and tonight we are going out for dinner

Aw that was nice. Hope you have a great dinner tonight!

Written By: wildcard on 01/28/11 at 3:58 pm

I feel better and I think my mom has calmed down.  SSI appointment on the 4th.

Written By: Howard on 01/28/11 at 8:18 pm

I feel better and I think my mom has calmed down.  SSI appointment on the 4th.

Hope it turns out well.

Written By: wildcard on 01/28/11 at 10:07 pm

I think it will, the question is will my mom work with me or act up?  This is it

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/29/11 at 10:00 pm

I don't really have time to go through the past couple of month's worth of posts, so everyone, please tell me, what have I missed?  ;)

I've really missed all of you guys!  I can't get online at my new job, and the house where I was living before didn't have decent computer access.  I'm at my dad's house for the time being, but will soon be getting my very own place - just like a real grown up.  Ha ha.  It's been a stupid and ridiculous few months, but I really am hoping to get my head above water here one of these days...

Written By: snozberries on 01/29/11 at 10:07 pm

ASH! I missed you!!! I have faith you'll not only get your head above water soon...I bet you'll be walking all over it.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/29/11 at 10:08 pm

Ash, welcome back!  I missed ya!

Written By: nally on 01/29/11 at 10:37 pm

I don't really have time to go through the past couple of month's worth of posts, so everyone, please tell me, what have I missed?   ;)

I've really missed all of you guys!  I can't get online at my new job, and the house where I was living before didn't have decent computer access.  I'm at my dad's house for the time being, but will soon be getting my very own place - just like a real grown up.  Ha ha.  It's been a stupid and ridiculous few months, but I really am hoping to get my head above water here one of these days...

Welcome back (once again) Ash!! I missed you too. Thanks for stopping by again, and I hope everything works out well for ya.

Written By: snozberries on 01/30/11 at 1:16 am

One of the best things about majoring in film studies at UCSB is that I've made some great contacts. Santa Barbara has a film festival every year. In addition to really great and sometimes just really obscure films they have tributes to several actors thruout the week.

Well my contact gave me tix to 4 events.
The tix wouldve cost me $65 so I was happy to grt them for free.

Tonight James Franco was given the outstanding actor award for 127 Hours.
Leonard Maltin talked to him for about 90 minutes about his career then Seth Rogen came out and gave this ridiculously funny speech. I'm sure it'll be on YouTube soon. Then Rogen gave Franco the award. It was a great nite. Sorry no pics.

Written By: Howard on 01/30/11 at 6:53 am

I don't really have time to go through the past couple of month's worth of posts, so everyone, please tell me, what have I missed?   ;)

Ash,You have been missed,How are things?  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/30/11 at 9:25 am

Welcome back, My Friend. As you can see, you have been missed. As for what you missed? Not much. This place has been very slow lately. (That is because it didn't have you to liven it up.  ;) )

Hope things are going better for you.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/30/11 at 11:22 am

Add my voice in with the chimes of welcome back Ash.  I'm sure things will look up soon.

Written By: seamermar on 01/30/11 at 4:42 pm

Hola Ash, this side of the ocean also missed you much more, cause in here lives a lonesone penguin as you know. ;)

I'm glad to see you again in the boards

Written By: wildcard on 01/30/11 at 6:37 pm

hi Ash

I got 3 little corn flower sprouts peaking out from the soil.  I think I finally finished that picture my mom wanted me to paint and I've been string and fixing necklaces.  I'm gathering all the little projects around here I've been thinking about doing and doing them.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/30/11 at 9:32 pm

Sounds Awesome Q!  Hope you have fun.

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/11 at 2:22 pm

Finally was able to buy my tickets to PALEYFEST!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/11 at 2:26 pm

Sounds Awesome Q!  Hope you have fun.

thanks Patty! I had a blast the James Franco night. God he's a handsome man!!!  and really smart. He has his masters and is attending yale for some other degree.

He's been on General Hospital and, as some of you may know, I love GH.  He was talking about shooting these scenes at an art museum in LA and how the director got a Daytime emmy for it... he said, what's the director's name? Owen.... (from the middle of the theater you hear me scream RENFROE!  ;D  ) yep I shocked many people around me - not because I screamed but because I knew the name of a GH director off the top of my head!!!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/31/11 at 2:40 pm

thanks Patty! I had a blast the James Franco night. God he's a handsome man!!!  and really smart. He has his masters and is attending yale for some other degree.

He's been on General Hospital and, as some of you may know, I love GH.  He was talking about shooting these scenes at an art museum in LA and how the director got a Daytime emmy for it... he said, what's the director's name? Owen.... (from the middle of the theater you hear me scream RENFROE!  ;D  ) yep I shocked many people around me - not because I screamed but because I knew the name of a GH director off the top of my head!!!  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Did you at least get a thank you?

FYI to all Penguins out there: Tomorrow is a new month and so far no one started a new thread. Is someone else going to do it this time or am I gonna start it once again? I don't mind, I just don't want people thinking I am "hogging" the "privilege" of starting the monthly thread.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/11 at 2:45 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D

Did you at least get a thank you?

FYI to all Penguins out there: Tomorrow is a new month and so far no one started a new thread. Is someone else going to do it this time or am I gonna start it once again? I don't mind, I just don't want people thinking I am "hogging" the "privilege" of starting the monthly thread.

Cat

no but I didn't need one... I was too busy being impressed with myself to care  ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/31/11 at 2:52 pm

Finally was able to buy my tickets to PALEYFEST!!!!

Have a good time.

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/11 at 2:53 pm

Have a good time.

thanks Howard I will. 

Written By: nally on 01/31/11 at 5:09 pm

Well...this morning we took our dog, Chloe, back to the vet for a follow-up appointment (she had her surgery last Tuesday), and she seems to be doing much better now. The vet examined Chloe and said that we can start feeding her normally; that is, not soaking the food to the point where it's as soggy as can be. However, the vet did suggest to put some water on her dog food (which is hard and crunchy, by the way). (We have been giving Chloe a certain kind of food for several years now, since the vet had suggested this particular brand.)

Check for new replies or respond here...