inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: DJ recommends you an incredible song every day

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/17/11 at 9:46 pm

Well, the thread is self-explanatory. After the year is over you will have hopefully improved your musical tastes.

Day 1: "Sword In Stone" by ReinXeed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thzc1fEo_Q8

Please leave comments on what you think of the songs!

Subject: Re: DJ recommends you an incredible song every day

Written By: wildcard on 01/17/11 at 10:54 pm

Don't know the song you posted here and now I'm deaf so I can not hear

let's see

I don't know I have no idea abunch of real loud GUITAR

Written By: wildcard on 01/18/11 at 10:44 am

willing to try the next.  the skull Candy ear buds/plugs I have now work better then my hearing aid and CI.  I like trying to write back in parody too.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/18/11 at 1:18 pm

I will post the next song tonight around 10:00 PM.

Don't know the song you posted here and now I'm deaf so I can not hear

let's see

I don't know I have no idea abunch of real loud GUITAR

So sorry to hear about your deafness. Yeah, the guitar is a huge element in ReinXeed's songs (and in all power metal songs in general), but the vocals are incredible too.

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/18/11 at 1:48 pm

I heard this song few times and I'm going to tell you the same exact thing: The song rules and Reinxeed rules!!  :)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/18/11 at 2:04 pm

I heard this song few times and I'm going to tell you the same exact thing: The song rules and Reinxeed rules!!  :)

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Written By: wildcard on 01/18/11 at 3:48 pm

yeah I've became late deafened, but it doesn't stop me.  I believe I can still sing and I can still hear all the songs I heard as a kid.  Most of my loss is speech so even for songs I never heard before it's still like a 50 50 shot so why not try to listen to one a day.  A lot of guitar like that makes it hard to pick up the speech.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/18/11 at 3:54 pm

yeah I've became late deafened, but it doesn't stop me.  I believe I can still sing and I can still hear all the songs I heard as a kid.  Most of my loss is speech so even for songs I never heard before it's still like a 50 50 shot so why not try to listen to one a day.  A lot of guitar like that makes it hard to pick up the speech.

That's good to hear that you can still hear and sing. I will try to post a variety of songs, not just guitar-centric power metal songs. But you'll have to wait until 10:00 PM to see what the next song is.

Written By: wildcard on 01/18/11 at 4:14 pm

I'll have to wait that long? http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/smilie%20land/sad.jpg

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/18/11 at 7:46 pm

I'll have to wait that long? http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/smilie%20land/sad.jpg

That's when I uploaded last night, so I'm trying to stay on a schedule.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/18/11 at 8:26 pm

Day 2: "Flag In The Ground (Orchestral Version) by Sonata Arctica"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0uDpGyB4so

Not really what you'd expect from this band, but still an awesome track. I may post the original version later.

Written By: wildcard on 01/18/11 at 10:14 pm

Now this is something I can probably get some lyrics for and follow.  Think I'll listen to it again. 

I was going to see if I misheard or axcidently heard any words correctly.

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/18/11 at 11:15 pm

It's going to be difficult as to which version I love the best, but all I can say is the Orchestral version is very spiritual and inspiring. I also think that the intro sounds a little Chinese with the flutes from the background. On the other hand, the power metal version is very upbeat and very entertaining, yet this song is very addicting as heck. I'll probably be addicted to Sonata Arctica when I listen to the rest of their songs either on YT or iTunes, if I can find them. This is the one Sonata Arctica song that I can never stop playing and it's pretty hard to get this out of my head. I just listened to "Flag In The Ground" in the train from my iPhone.  :)

Written By: wildcard on 01/19/11 at 10:54 am

Kind of looks a little too slow and on the wordy drag onish side to keep my interest.         

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/19/11 at 4:02 pm

Kind of looks a little too slow and on the wordy drag onish side to keep my interest.         

Ah, no prob.

It's going to be difficult as to which version I love the best, but all I can say is the Orchestral version is very spiritual and inspiring. I also think that the intro sounds a little Chinese with the flutes from the background. On the other hand, the power metal version is very upbeat and very entertaining, yet this song is very addicting as heck. I'll probably be addicted to Sonata Arctica when I listen to the rest of their songs either on YT or iTunes, if I can find them. This is the one Sonata Arctica song that I can never stop playing and it's pretty hard to get this out of my head. I just listened to "Flag In The Ground" in the train from my iPhone.  :)

Well said, and they are addicting.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/19/11 at 9:34 pm

Day 3: "The Ballad Of Curtis Lowe" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NbTpssTGRI

A deviation from my usual musical tastes, a classic from Skynyrd. Awesome Dobro on this one. Rossington can play practically any stringed instrument.

Written By: wildcard on 01/19/11 at 11:45 pm

Skynyrd fan  Got a winner with me.  No one praying for him and probably placing judgment on him, but when he died he had nothing to loose.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/20/11 at 4:32 pm

Skynyrd fan  Got a winner with me.  No one praying for him and probably placing judgment on him, but when he died he had nothing to loose.

Good to see I found a song you like, and I perfectly agree with you.

Written By: wildcard on 01/20/11 at 4:54 pm

cool 

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/20/11 at 8:14 pm

Day 4: "Mountain" by Theocracy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvPTU8jezTM

An incredibly powerful song, one of Theocracy's slower songs, but still maintains the incredible message. BTW, the lyrics are in the video's description.

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/20/11 at 11:37 pm

I never really listened to skynard but I found the song rather peaceful and mellow! On the other hand, Theocracy's music is to die for as always. Another great song from them! I'm as addicted to them like I was about Sonata Arctica. Off topic a little, but I tried to find Theocracy's song "Theocracy" on iTunes, but I'm so mad when I found the song wasn't included! :( I look forward to more music. Thanx! :)

Written By: wildcard on 01/21/11 at 6:28 pm

Mountain-  Love the lyrics  it's just hard for me to pick up speech with this song because the loud music. 

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/21/11 at 7:29 pm

Mountain-  Love the lyrics  it's just hard for me to pick up speech with this song because the loud music. 

Hmm... got ya. Matt Smith from Theocracy is one of the best lyric writers in the power metal genre.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/21/11 at 9:48 pm

Day 5: "Peace Of Mind" by Boston

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cTYhY3NUWE

I know what you're thinking.... "Yay! A song I actually recognize!" Boston are classic, and this is probably my fave song by them. Yeah, call me a n00b for liking one of their most popular songs.

Written By: wildcard on 01/21/11 at 10:27 pm

Yeaaaaaah oh oh oh  Definatly one of their best especially message wise.  I have to get down tonight though.

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/21/11 at 10:35 pm

Never heard this song in ages! I've forgotten how great this song is and how great Boston's songs were! My fave song of theirs are "More Than A Feeling", "Amanda", and, of course, "Higher Power". I especially love the acoustic guitar tune in the beginning...so sweet!

Written By: Howard on 01/22/11 at 6:36 am

I know what you're thinking.... "Yay! A song I actually recognize!" Boston are classic, and this is probably my fave song by them. Yeah, call me a n00b for liking one of their most popular songs.

Great song.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/22/11 at 6:38 am

Makes a good change from hearing More Than A Feeling all the time.

Written By: wildcard on 01/22/11 at 11:07 am

More Than A Feeling again!      Nice easy guitar song for me, but boy is it overplayed

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/23/11 at 12:54 pm

Day 6: "The Wanderer" by Freedom Call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIFiRRKSCGk

Sorry if the video isn't the best audio quality. Such an inspirational song.

Written By: wildcard on 01/23/11 at 10:34 pm

I'm sitting here reading the lyrics with the cool chills going my body that I know so well. 

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/23/11 at 10:35 pm

I just listened to the last Freedom Call track "Freedom Call" from YT, after adding it to favorites. I tell you this is very inspirational and I find it rather spiritual. I most certainly love that "Wanderer". Thanks for posting and will be listening to more of FC.  :)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/24/11 at 8:21 pm

I'm sitting here reading the lyrics with the cool chills going my body that I know so well. 

Don't worry, I get chills from Freedom Call too.

I just listened to the last Freedom Call track "Freedom Call" from YT, after adding it to favorites. I tell you this is very inspirational and I find it rather spiritual. I most certainly love that "Wanderer". Thanks for posting and will be listening to more of FC.  :)

No prob, FC are among my faves.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/24/11 at 9:52 pm

Day 7: "Red Zone" by Tatsh&NAOKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoTNLh4x3Oo

OK, I honestly had no clue what to recommend today, so.... SPEED RAVE!!!

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/24/11 at 10:19 pm

Gotta love DDR based dance/techno music!!  :) And I did dance to one of Naoki's songs the last time I played DDR in Florida.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/25/11 at 3:15 pm

Gotta love DDR based dance/techno music!!  :) And I did dance to one of Naoki's songs the last time I played DDR in Florida.

That's cool, I feel like the newer DDRs for arcade (X and X2) had a selection of new songs that kinda put Naoki out of the spotlight. Thankfully, he did a majority of the songs in the DDR for PS3.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/25/11 at 4:07 pm

"The Foreigner Suite" by Cat Stevens (Yusulf Islam)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/25/11 at 8:12 pm

"The Foreigner Suite" by Cat Stevens (Yusulf Islam)

Looked up 2 versions on YouTube, the ones that say "Part 2" and "Excerpt". Love the lyrics, but the music's a bit sleepy for my tastes.

Written By: wildcard on 01/25/11 at 10:12 pm

red zone just sounds like my hearing aid when it wont stop acting up :D         

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/26/11 at 3:33 pm

red zone just sounds like my hearing aid when it wont stop acting up :D         

I disagree.

Red Zone = OMG THE EPICNESS
Everything Zone = Your hearing aid when it malfunctions. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_109482&v=djUKztDlhDo&feature=iv

That song isn't my recommendation for today. My recommendation will be posted tonight.

Written By: wildcard on 01/26/11 at 5:05 pm

you aren't wearing my particular hearing aid nor do your ears function like mine so how would you know ???  If I cant hear it all I know is I cant hear it.  I cant really compare it.

I'm kind of trying to be silly anyway.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/26/11 at 6:08 pm

you aren't wearing my particular hearing aid nor do your ears function like mine so how would you know ???  If I cant hear it all I know is I cant hear it.  I cant really compare it.

I'm kind of trying to be silly anyway.

Oh, OK, me too. Sorry about that. I was thinking that your hearing aid made horrible sounds when it messed up. As in it was an insult to Red Zone.

Written By: wildcard on 01/26/11 at 9:28 pm

Sometimes I do tease and it I don't mean to be insulting, but sometimes it comes out that way.  I'm going through a time where I'm not thinking at my best and should take a vacation from posting for a wile. 

Written By: 80sfan on 01/26/11 at 10:42 pm

Sometimes I do tease and it I don't mean to be insulting, but sometimes it comes out that way.  I'm going through a time where I'm not thinking at my best and should take a vacation from posting for a wile. 

I actually shouldn't be posting because I'm kinda in a phase right now in my life too! But I can't help it; this is inthe00s we're talking about.  ;)

How can you resist the call of inthe00s.com ?  :P

Written By: wildcard on 01/26/11 at 10:55 pm

I'm just cutting back on the amount of posts cause I cant think straight.  What would be the point of leaving?

Check for new replies or respond here...