inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My brothers' music video

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/21/11 at 4:38 pm

My brothers made this video, my older brother Rob is the songwriter and played all the instruments, and my younger brother Chad did all the video shooting and editing. Please take the time to watch this and let me know what you think. Thanks!  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjqYXehlR0k

Subject: Re: My brothers' music video

Written By: Henk on 01/21/11 at 4:48 pm

Already posted this on Facebook a few mintes ago:

That's so cool. I like the song, but the video lacks a woman (and a storyline) I guess. I don't particularly like the wide shots. The closeups give this song the intimate feel it deserves IMHO.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/21/11 at 7:31 pm

I'm not big into country, but this is very professionally done.

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/21/11 at 7:36 pm

My opinion, for what its worth (with isn't much when it comes to pop music) is that the video is really good.  Both the close ups and the long shots, and their juxtaposition  are really good.  The musicianship is also very good.  The tune itself I found a bit tedious, not enough melody, and not enough variation of the theme.  I guess I would say that I have heard alot worse stuff on sale, but this isn't music that I would buy.  Which is not to say that your bro's are not talented, they obviously are, they need to keep at it.  Like I say, WTF do I know.  Good luck to them

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/21/11 at 7:49 pm

My opinion, for what its worth (with isn't much when it comes to pop music) is that the video is really good.  Both the close ups and the long shots, and their juxtaposition  are really good.  The musicianship is also very good.  The tune itself I found a bit tedious, not enough melody, and not enough variation of the theme.  I guess I would say that I have heard alot worse stuff on sale, but this isn't music that I would buy.  Which is not to say that your bro's are not talented, they obviously are, they need to keep at it.  Like I say, WTF do I know.  Good luck to them

First off, I think visually the video was very good but I have to agree with Carlos and say there wasn't enough melody.  In my opinion the guitar was a little too over powering, it kinda drowned out the singing (which could have used more harmony).  I think it needed something else...not sure what, maybe less guitar and add fiddle, acoustic guitar or organ.  :-\\

(Ok, I probably just earned my first fudge.)

Written By: Howard on 01/21/11 at 8:16 pm

That's quite good,Does he like country?

Written By: 80sfan on 01/28/11 at 1:32 am

Thanks for sharing, Karma!

Check for new replies or respond here...