inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What a fantastic email!

Written By: Gis on 02/10/11 at 2:53 am

For those of you not on my Facepage I thought I would share this email here as well. I got it yesterday i think it is ace!

Dear Good Friend,

This is to thank you for your past effort. I understand you thought I wasn’t for Real but I thank God for his mercy and favor upon my life. However, I have Succeeded in getting those funds wired, the money has been transferred into the Account provided by a newly founded friend of mine in Mexico.

To compensate you for your past assistance and commitments, I have instructed my Account Manager to prepare an ATM/Master Card in your favor and load the sum of $980,000.00 USD in the Card from my Domiciliary account with them so that you Can make withdrawals and also purchase with the Card online. Note, you’re daily Withdrawal limit is $1,500 USD per day; you can purchase online goods more than $2,000 USD per day. You can only withdraw money with the card in ATM Machine only.

However, this instruction was given to my account officer since
January, and since then I’ve been in Mexico with my Family, but due
to the little Problem I hard with Mexican Government I was not having access to internet, but I thank God I’m free now, so the Card is ready to deliver to you and my account Officer has handed it over to Priority Express Courier Service, For Urgent Delivery.

Please Contact the Dispatch Officer of the courier Company with your mailing Address and contact telephone number. Contact him immediately on: Contact Person: Mr.nelson
Email:(mr_nelson13@yahoo.com)

You can contact him via phone or email so that he can deliver your Card to you, Because the parcel has been with them since June. My account officer Attach all the information you will need to operate the card, both the PIN Code and Direction of Use is boldly written in English Language. Please let me know as soon as you receive the Card so that we can share our joy Together.

Thanks and God bless you and your family.

Yours Truly,
Dr.uchechris

Subject: Re: What a fantastic email!

Written By: seamermar on 02/10/11 at 3:29 am

Dear Good Friend,

. Please let me know as soon as you receive the Card so that we can share our joy Together.

Hummm..I wonder if you are interested in spending some cash in Spain  ::)

gee thanks Gis !!

Written By: Howard on 02/10/11 at 6:41 am

phony!

Written By: Dagwood on 02/10/11 at 7:11 am

Woohoo!  You're rich, Gis! ;D

Written By: karen on 02/10/11 at 7:43 am

So you got the money!

I had two e-mails from Mr nelson a week or so ago.  Apparently the money was mine because we share the same name  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/11 at 8:46 am

How come he is sending YOU the money. He told me that he was going to send it ME!!! Are you trying to steal my money, Gis?  >:(

;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Henk on 02/10/11 at 9:05 am

I never get emails like that. Well, not counting those from distant Nigerian relatives. ;D

Coincidentally, I received a freaky phone call today. It started with something like "Congratulations! You have been randomly selected as a winner of a free holiday in the Bahamas...". Tempting, but I'm not buying - so I disconnected.
Anyone got a similar experience..?  ???

Written By: karen on 02/10/11 at 9:11 am

I never get emails like that. Well, not counting those from distant Nigerian relatives. ;D

Coincidentally, I received a freaky phone call today. It started with something like "Congratulations! You have been randomly selected as a winner of a free holiday in the Bahamas...". Tempting, but I'm not buying - so I disconnected.

we won a cheap holiday to Tenerife, like £99 per person.  But you had to go to a presentation on the vacation club as part of the deal. So basically they try an sell you timeshare type deals

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/11 at 9:22 am

we won a cheap holiday to Tenerife, like £99 per person.  But you had to go to a presentation on the vacation club as part of the deal. So basically they try an sell you timeshare type deals

We used to do those all the time.

I love those FREE prizes but you have to buy whatever-which cost more than it would if you just bought the prize yourself.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/10/11 at 1:19 pm

And they also claim that you have a lost relative,Yeah right! When was the last time I had a Starr relative who lived in Nigeria?  ::)

Written By: seamermar on 02/10/11 at 1:20 pm

we won a cheap holiday to Tenerife, like £99 per person.  But you had to go to a presentation on the vacation club as part of the deal. So basically they try an sell you timeshare type deals

hey Karen..
Don't you gonna yield Tenerife temptation ?
if you only have to attend a boring presentation
you should try all your best to take an option
to attempt to beat a Spanish vacation.

If you go..... congratulations
if not ........resignation

Written By: seamermar on 02/10/11 at 1:23 pm

I can't keep the account of how many prizes I just won via internet Henk.

Pubs and ads are feeding up all boxes with trash.  8-P

Written By: karen on 02/11/11 at 8:13 am

hey Karen..
Don't you gonna yield Tenerife temptation ?
if you only have to attend a boring presentation
you should try all your best to take an option
to attempt to beat a Spanish vacation.

If you go..... congratulations
if not ........resignation

Seamermar

I wanted to go.  We've done a holiday of this type before and managed to say No to them trying to sign us up.

Unfortunately the Tenerife holiday had to be taken at a time that wasn't convenient for us.

I'm fairly sure we will be going to one of the Spanish islands for a holiday in the summer.  Just don't know which one yet

Written By: whistledog on 02/12/11 at 7:34 pm

I have gotten those before.  I sometimes wish they were live operators instead of recorded messages, so I can have fun with them.  Messing with wrong numbers or spam phone calls is something I take great pleasure in lol

Written By: seamermar on 02/13/11 at 5:09 pm

Seamermar

I wanted to go.  We've done a holiday of this type before and managed to say No to them trying to sign us up.

Unfortunately the Tenerife holiday had to be taken at a time that wasn't convenient for us.

I'm fairly sure we will be going to one of the Spanish islands for a holiday in the summer.  Just don't know which one yet

Most of Americans who come in here get astonished of what they find Karen. If you once got the chance..grab it, won't be sorry  ;)
Nevertheless Canary Islands is not the best. They are mainly just volcanic islands plenty of beaches to tourists and little of culture and cities.
In other hand if you go to the inland country you can hire a car and enjoy of different scenes from the north to the south even the climate changes.
And you only have to make a few hours drive.
There are spotted around a lot of monuments there where you go. And even dishes are extremely varied, from town to town.

Com'on Karen, what are you waiting for ?

Make a bound right now  ;)

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/14/11 at 9:27 pm

To compensate you for your past assistance and commitments, I have instructed my Account Manager to prepare an ATM/Master Card in your favor and load the sum of $980,000.00 USD in the Card from my Domiciliary account with them so that you Can make withdrawals and also purchase with the Card online.

It's kinda sad.  I know it's better that email is once again a viable method of communication because of it, but I kinda miss my spam filters.  It's been three whole days, and I haven't seen Hosni Mubarak's request for a little assistance to help him out of a bind to free up the $980,000,000 ($980K?  980M?  The Hozz, speculated to be worth $40-70B would refuse to deal in fiddling small change!) that were frozen the other week.

Side note:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/data?pid=avimage&iid=iVOGm3dv3fz8

LOL, even Bloomberg's bringing the lulz these days :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/11 at 4:16 am

For those of you not on my Facepage I thought I would share this email here as well. I got it yesterday i think it is ace!

Dear Good Friend,

This is to thank you for your past effort. I understand you thought I wasn’t for Real but I thank God for his mercy and favor upon my life. However, I have Succeeded in getting those funds wired, the money has been transferred into the Account provided by a newly founded friend of mine in Mexico.

To compensate you for your past assistance and commitments, I have instructed my Account Manager to prepare an ATM/Master Card in your favor and load the sum of $980,000.00 USD in the Card from my Domiciliary account with them so that you Can make withdrawals and also purchase with the Card online. Note, you’re daily Withdrawal limit is $1,500 USD per day; you can purchase online goods more than $2,000 USD per day. You can only withdraw money with the card in ATM Machine only.

However, this instruction was given to my account officer since
January, and since then I’ve been in Mexico with my Family, but due
to the little Problem I hard with Mexican Government I was not having access to internet, but I thank God I’m free now, so the Card is ready to deliver to you and my account Officer has handed it over to Priority Express Courier Service, For Urgent Delivery.

Please Contact the Dispatch Officer of the courier Company with your mailing Address and contact telephone number. Contact him immediately on: Contact Person: Mr.nelson
Email:(mr_nelson13@yahoo.com)

You can contact him via phone or email so that he can deliver your Card to you, Because the parcel has been with them since June. My account officer Attach all the information you will need to operate the card, both the PIN Code and Direction of Use is boldly written in English Language. Please let me know as soon as you receive the Card so that we can share our joy Together.

Thanks and God bless you and your family.

Yours Truly,
Dr.uchechris
Arrange to have it sent in cash by Royal Mail?

Written By: Howard on 02/20/11 at 6:55 am

Has anyone gotten emails from Nigeria? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/11 at 6:59 am

Has anyone gotten emails from Nigeria? ???
All the time.

Written By: Howard on 02/20/11 at 7:02 am

All the time.

They say that you have a long lost relative.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/11 at 7:02 am

They say that you have a long lost relative.
I like them to prove it first, especially from Nigeria!

Written By: Howard on 02/20/11 at 7:18 am

I like them to prove it first, especially from Nigeria!

or email them first.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/11 at 7:28 am

or email them first.
Replying confirms that your e-mail address exists.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/20/11 at 7:51 am

or email them first.

Never respond to them...they are nothing but scams trying to con you out of money.

Written By: Howard on 02/20/11 at 1:31 pm

Never respond to them...they are nothing but scams trying to con you out of money.

it could come back all gibberish.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/21/11 at 3:49 pm

it could come back all gibberish.
How do know that?

Written By: Howard on 02/21/11 at 7:33 pm

How do know that?

These people may type too fast.

Check for new replies or respond here...