inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When public services fail-

Written By: KKay on 02/10/11 at 7:45 am

Have you ever been a victim of a failed public service?  Like the US mail delivering an express package to my mortgage company
NOT express-ly?  Activating the foreclosure action (don't worry, all's well now).

I was inspired to ask you all about this because guess what was in yesterday's mail?  A Christmas card from Henk!  That's the post office for you.  Out to get me, I tell ya!

I have been in trouble a few times and it was all NYC's fault.

Has this happened to you?

Subject: Re: When public services fail-

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/11 at 8:37 pm

I also had an issue with the reliable (not) postal service.
I sent my father a fathers day gift on wed or thurs before fathers day. It was to take two to three days.

My day got the package July 20th.  ::)

Written By: KKay on 02/12/11 at 5:52 pm

I also had an issue with the reliable (not) postal service.
I sent my father a fathers day gift on wed or thurs before fathers day. It was to take two to three days.

My day got the package July 20th.  ::)

I love that stuff.  Or when the woman at the registrar said she would remember me and be sure to file a document for me stating I paid for two sessions at school.
And then the bill came and she didn't remember me.  Good thing someone else did.

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/11 at 1:27 am

^Very good thing.

Earlier in the month I went into the bank to make a deposit.
The checker write down an address that wasn't mine. It was my parents and I used it once two years ago when I needed a replacement card mailed to me during a trip to az.

Anyway I told him and he said he'd "fix" it so I gave him my po box

A couple days later I go to buy Tix onlie to an event I go to every year. I've used the several times and bought something the week before.
On this day it declines my purchase because my address doesn't match.
Instead of fixing the address promotions go to to my ca address the idiot made the asters on all my accounts the az address. As a result I had to wait 5 days  to get my tickets.
The damn event always sells out. Luckily o have connections and got them to hold a ticket got me

Check for new replies or respond here...