inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My friend's father died

Written By: Stompgal on 02/18/11 at 4:27 pm

On Wednesday afternoon, my friend Susie told me that her father passed away over the weekend. He was 81 and had a heart attack. I was shocked and started to cry. We then sat in the small lounge for a while talking and hugging each other. I was upset when her father died because I never met him but she did meet my father a couple of times.

Subject: Re: My friend's father died

Written By: Dagwood on 02/18/11 at 4:39 pm

I am sorry for your friend's loss. :(

Written By: gibbo on 02/18/11 at 4:58 pm

Hey Stompgal...  There are some sad days ahead (with funeral etc). I'm sorry that your friend lost her Dad. It is something that we all have to experience some day.

I know that when this happened to my friend ... I couldn't help but see my father (at the viewing if the coffin). It is very emotional...

Hope you both feel happier soon.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/18/11 at 5:10 pm

My condolences.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/18/11 at 6:35 pm

I know it is hard to face, but if your friend had a good relationship with her dad, he will be with her always.  I lost my mom years ago, and she is still with me.  Grieve well, both of you, and support each other. 

Written By: Howard on 02/18/11 at 8:51 pm

My condolences Stompgal. :(

Written By: Stompgal on 02/27/11 at 3:38 pm

Thanks for your condolences guys. One fond memory Susie has of her father is him taking her to the beach after school.

Written By: watertowater on 02/28/11 at 6:36 am

R.I.P.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 03/05/11 at 9:46 pm

Sorry I missed this when it was posted, but I would like to send condolences to you and your friend's family. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 03/06/11 at 7:10 am

My friend's Father passed away last week at the age of 81 in his sleep so now My friend with his brother will try to take care of the house along with his brother and sister who have Down Syndrome. :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...