inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Happy Canada Day 2011

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/01/11 at 8:54 pm

If there are any Cannucks out there lurking oot and aboot, Happy Canada Day to ya, eh?

http://www.hanifworld.com/Niagara-Fireworks/4-Canada%20day%20fireworks.JPG Why is this picture focused on the American Falls?  ???

http://pixdaus.com/pics/1278051362geUieLW.jpg

http://muskokaoutdoors.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/canada_flag11.jpg

Subject: Re: Happy Canada Day 2011

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/11 at 9:51 pm

If frank were still here I'd say something rude....but in a funny way  :-\\ 

oh well..... HAPPY CANADA DAY Jason...... and Tam even tho you won't stop in and see this (probably)  :\'(

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/01/11 at 10:55 pm

Yes!  Happy Canada Day to all of our Canuck friends.

By the way, where is Frank?

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/01/11 at 11:18 pm

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/228/canadabeer2.jpg

/checks the list first
//raises a Moosehead!
///Happy Birthday, Canucks!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/02/11 at 2:55 pm

CANADA MUST BE DESTROYED

Written By: whistledog on 07/02/11 at 10:16 pm

CANADA MUST BE DESTROYED

Easy now.,  Don't make us clone Celine Dion :P

Happy Canada day everyone.

Also to Penny Wise, barefootrobin and anyone else I may have missed

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/03/11 at 8:47 am

But...you've already cloned Nickelback and renamed them Theory Of A Dead Man, which is just as bad if not worse. ::)

Any idea what Penny Wise has been up to? I haven't seen him around lately, neither here nor on Facebook.  ???

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/11 at 10:19 am

damn I forgot about Robin  and I talk to her every frickin' day  :-[

Written By: nally on 07/03/11 at 11:55 am

Any idea what Penny Wise has been up to? I haven't seen him around lately, neither here nor on Facebook.  ???

I think he comes on now and then...I've seen updates saying that he's "now friends with (so & so)..."

Written By: danootaandme on 07/03/11 at 5:26 pm

CHEERS!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wUg2y4nzoCI/Tanq6FMMjSI/AAAAAAAACFc/nPshwDo_UiY/s1600/food_poutine_closeup.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 07/03/11 at 7:09 pm

But...you've already cloned Nickelback and renamed them Theory Of A Dead Man, which is just as bad if not worse. ::)

We cloned Nickelback many times.  Consider yourself lucky we haven't sent some of those clones to the US already :D

CHEERS!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wUg2y4nzoCI/Tanq6FMMjSI/AAAAAAAACFc/nPshwDo_UiY/s1600/food_poutine_closeup.jpg

WANT

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/11 at 8:19 pm

What is it?!? Looks like vomit over fries.  :P

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/03/11 at 9:48 pm

She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't liiiiiiieee...POUTINE!

Written By: whistledog on 07/03/11 at 10:28 pm

Cheese Curds and Gravy.  Delicious.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/04/11 at 1:06 am

As sung to the tune of "Cocaine" by Eric Clapton?  That's so awesome!  ;D

Q won't like it, it's cheese and gravy. 

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/04/11 at 1:50 am

Poutine is awesome.  It's like the Danger Dog of french fries.  Think of it as mashed potatoes and gravy, except the potatoes are crispy, and there's cheese flavor like scalloped potatoes.  

If you wanna hang out, you break the cheese and fries out: poutine.
If you wanna get down, find a shop in your town: poutine.
She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie: poutine.

Your cardiologist's news, your arteries are screwed : poutine.
So you're goin' to hell, but you've eaten well: poutine.
It's just gravy and cheese curds on fries: poutine.

Speaking of healthy eating, for those of you south of the 49th parallel, it's the Fourth!  So... Ketchup on Hot Dogs: an abomination unto Chicagoans, or simply unnecessary when a proper hot dog is wrapped in bacon?

Written By: Howard on 07/04/11 at 7:17 am

Cheese Curds and Gravy.  Delicious.

I can make my own poutine just buy a pack of fries and gravy and there you go. But do you have to add the cheese too?  ???

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/04/11 at 11:06 am

I can make my own poutine just buy a pack of fries and gravy and there you go. But do you have to add the cheese too?  ???

Yep, and not just any cheese, such as melted nacho cheese, it has to be Fresh cheese curds (something that isn't easily found in United States stores.)  I HAVE only seen cheese curds as used by the fast food placed "A & W", fried (they are soooooooooooooooo yummy.  I wonder if I could invent my own version of poutine using them?  (Hey the recipe is already full of heart attack inducing goodness, so why not add fried to the mixture?  Do it up good.)  ;)

I guess I wanted to ask someone, how is the word pronounced?  P-oooo-teen or P-oooo-tine (rhymes with wine) 

Written By: Howard on 07/04/11 at 1:43 pm

Yep, and not just any cheese, such as melted nacho cheese, it has to be Fresh cheese curds (something that isn't easily found in United States stores.)  I HAVE only seen cheese curds as used by the fast food placed "A & W", fried (they are soooooooooooooooo yummy.  I wonder if I could invent my own version of poutine using them?  (Hey the recipe is already full of heart attack inducing goodness, so why not add fried to the mixture?  Do it up good.)   ;)

I guess I wanted to ask someone, how is the word pronounced?  P-oooo-teen or P-oooo-tine (rhymes with wine) 

french cheese curds,Oh yuck forget it now! I lost my appetite.  8-P

Written By: danootaandme on 07/04/11 at 5:54 pm

Yep, and not just any cheese, such as melted nacho cheese, it has to be Fresh cheese curds (something that isn't easily found in United States stores.)  I HAVE only seen cheese curds as used by the fast food placed "A & W", fried (they are soooooooooooooooo yummy.  I wonder if I could invent my own version of poutine using them?  (Hey the recipe is already full of heart attack inducing goodness, so why not add fried to the mixture?  Do it up good.)   ;)

There are lots of French Canadians in Maine, the first time I saw this stuff was in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, which caters to the French Canadian vacationers. I haven't tried it yet, but I see people walking around with it all the time.  I just see walking heartburn.

Written By: whistledog on 07/04/11 at 6:43 pm

In Quebec, they pronounce it "Poo-Tin" and apparently they get upset when you call it "Poo-Teen".  I've called it Poo-Teen since I was little.

Many known Fast food restaurants sell Poutine in their Canadian franchaises:  Dairy Queen, A&W, Burger King and KFC all have it.  With that thick chicken gravy, KFC for the win!

Written By: Bobby on 08/14/11 at 11:42 am

Always reminds me of South Park, lol. Celine Dion and 'Ugly Bob'...Despite him looking exactly the same as everybody else, lol.

Have a great Canada Day, folks.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...