inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Guess who's back??!!!

Written By: Tam on 09/16/11 at 1:13 pm

Hello my inthe00s addicts!

It has been a few months (dare I list the actual number of months?) since I have been overly active here. Of course, I check in and delete spam as needed, but apparently I have missed a few too many trolls as of late!

Well, let me tell you! I am settled now in Kentucky and they skies are blue - with some pretty amazing thunderstorms! The house is almost 100% complete. I have adjusters coming next week to pay us for all the damages incurred by the move. Internet is great! Comcast... I am learning. Hard to go from years of nothing but Time Warner.

Big Nasty is in a unit that he isn't enjoying too much. Happens when you transfer. I have made a couple friends, but nothing like what I had UpState.

So, yep. I'm here.
Let me know who the trolls are.
And then sit back and watch the fireworks!!!

It's been too long since I last enjoyed a good banning!

w00t!!!

Tam

Subject: Re: Guess who's back??!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/11 at 1:15 pm

Welcome back!

May is a long time away!

Written By: nally on 09/16/11 at 1:16 pm

Welcome back, Tam. :) Hope you are adjusting nicely in KY.

Written By: snozberries on 09/16/11 at 1:31 pm

Tam's Back!!!!
and I'm ringing a bell
That's the sound of jubilation
as the fly 00zers yell!

yeah....that's all I got!!!!

Subject:

Written By: Dude111 on 09/16/11 at 3:05 pm

Tam ITS GOOD TO SEE YOU!!!!!!

I have been absent also and just checking in,etc..... IM GLAD THIS SITE IS STILL UP :) (Thank you Chucky)

I hope you like it there in Kentucky :)

Subject: Re:

Written By: snozberries on 09/16/11 at 3:45 pm

Tam ITS GOOD TO SEE YOU!!!!!!

I have been absent also and just checking in,etc..... IM GLAD THIS SITE IS STILL UP :) (Thank you Chucky)

I hope you like it there in Kentucky :)

Alright...you've been gone for a while too....sure you two aren't the same people......

jus sayin....just cuz they're conspiracy theories doesn't mean they're not true!!!!

Subject:

Written By: Dude111 on 09/16/11 at 3:52 pm

Alright...you've been gone for a while too....sure you two aren't the same people......

Heh only the staff knows for sure ;D

Subject: Re:

Written By: snozberries on 09/16/11 at 4:11 pm

Heh only the staff knows for sure ;D

O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/11 at 4:17 pm

YAY TAM IS BACK!!!! Does that mean that the PB is back, too?  ;) ;D ;D ;D  Missed those avatar contests also.

I am sorry to hear that you are in Kentucky because you are now further away and there is little hope of getting together some weekend.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Anyway, glad you are back and I am sorry that Big Nasty doesn't like his unit. Hopefully, things will work out in that regard.

WELCOME BACK, MY FRIEND!!!!

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 09/16/11 at 5:10 pm

Welcome back to Inthe00s, Tam. It sounds like Kentucky is the last place to hide under a tree at the moment, lol. I'm glad your house is nearly complete. :)

Written By: Howard on 09/16/11 at 7:58 pm

Welcome Back Tam.  :)

Written By: Step-chan on 09/16/11 at 11:01 pm

Hi Tam!

Written By: wildcard on 09/16/11 at 11:14 pm

I was on here a little earlier and  hey, look who's name I see 

Written By: Tam on 09/17/11 at 10:10 pm

Hey thanks everyone!

Yesterday I bought the Star Wars Saga on Blu-ray so y'all know I have been glued to the tv ever since. Big Nasty and I just finished Episode IV tonight. I am doing them 1-6. Nasty decided to only come in for the original 3... good enough for me. Of course, I am not a fan of Episode II at all - too much romance crap, but I have made it for the most part. I have seen a few subtle changes. I will admit though that I was hoping Lucas would put Jabba back as a human being in IV, but alas, he did no such thing. :(

Tomorrow is football!!! I don't know why I am excited about football this year. Weird. I am more excited about hockey though because the Winnipeg Jets are back in the line up!! w00t!!

PB and avatar contests just might be on the list! ;)
Of course, when PB hits... no one will know for sure!

8)

Written By: snozberries on 09/17/11 at 10:25 pm

Hey thanks everyone!

Yesterday I bought the Star Wars Saga on Blu-ray so y'all know I have been glued to the tv ever since. Big Nasty and I just finished Episode IV tonight. I am doing them 1-6. Nasty decided to only come in for the original 3... good enough for me. Of course, I am not a fan of Episode II at all - too much romance crap, but I have made it for the most part. I have seen a few subtle changes. I will admit though that I was hoping Lucas would put Jabba back as a human being in IV, but alas, he did no such thing. :(

Tomorrow is football!!! I don't know why I am excited about football this year. Weird. I am more excited about hockey though because the Winnipeg Jets are back in the line up!! w00t!!

8)

Jabba was a human? I forgot all about that. Does that version exist in any version of new hope? Ie VHS, DVD? I'd lie to see that again.

Written By: Tam on 09/17/11 at 10:48 pm

Jabba was a human? I forgot all about that. Does that version exist in any version of new hope? Ie VHS, DVD? I'd lie to see that again.

I believe that it exists on VHS somewhere. But I believe that it is on the ones produced before 1996. Finding one might be expensive. Checking ebay as I write this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-New-Hope-NEW-VHS-1984-Second-Release-/120776647818?pt=VHS&hash=item1c1ed9648a#ht_2207wt_1136

This is the 1986 second release - it says stuff about the original theatrical version never being released again - still not sure that Jabba will be human in this one. ???

Then there is this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-New-Hope-1977-VHS-Acceptable-VHS-Mar-/330604986557?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Videos&hash=item4cf997c0bd#ht_938wt_902
Says it is 1977 - most likely will have human Jabba... I am not 100% on this either.

Written By: Tam on 09/17/11 at 10:53 pm

Erm... ok, upon further investigation, they are saying the original scene was cut from A New Hope but digitally added back in for the remastered. Doesn't make sense to me because I am almost positive I remember the guy being there in the scene. Why else would I have been looking for it purposefully?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ufJAp6meU

It's badly recorded, but you get the idea...

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/17/11 at 11:49 pm

As a simple man trying to make my way in the universe, I know I haven't had that many Imperial Stout Troopers tonight.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3247/2959999629_d5410c2d69.jpg

Well-played, Chewie!

Written By: wildcard on 09/18/11 at 12:01 am

1 2 3 4

Written By: Howard on 09/18/11 at 7:21 am

Hey thanks everyone!

8)

I like Howard Solo better.

Written By: loki 13 on 09/18/11 at 8:22 am

Jabba The Hut, you trying to tell me something Tam?  ???  ;D  ;D

I just bought the Star Wars Saga yesterday for The Boy, he is watching them in the fake order. As for me,
I've only seen the real first three, the first one at a drive in when it came out. I doubt I'll watch the other
three as I wasn't to fond of Return Of The Jedi.

Written By: snozberries on 09/18/11 at 10:13 am

Jabba The Hut, you trying to tell me something Tam?  ???  ;D  ;D

I just bought the Star Wars Saga yesterday for The Boy, he is watching them in the fake order. As for me,
I've only seen the real first three, the first one at a drive in when it came out. I doubt I'll watch the other
three as I wasn't to fond of Return Of The Jedi.

;D    could be worse.... you couldve been the Rancor Keeper!

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50275_286331188599_6246609_n.jpg

Written By: wildcard on 09/18/11 at 11:24 am

yeah, How Solo

is it hut or hudd? or did he change it from hudd to hut  I know in the movie Obi-Wan says the huts.

Written By: Bobby on 09/18/11 at 11:25 am

May the farce be with you all, lol.

Written By: Henk on 09/18/11 at 11:41 am

May the farce be with you all, lol.

LOL. ;D

I'm trying to picture Obi-Wan Kenobi actually looking like your avatar... :D

Written By: Henk on 09/18/11 at 11:42 am

...or Landro Calrissian like mine! :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 09/18/11 at 11:47 am

LOL. ;D

Ha ha, He would take on the Empire on his own if he looked like The Ultimate Warrior and probably win the Jedi heavyweight title while he was at it...

Written By: Howard on 09/19/11 at 7:25 am

LOL. ;D

using The Ultimate Warrior's body.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 09/27/11 at 5:46 pm

The Guess Who is back?  Will they be doing 'American Woman'?

:D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/27/11 at 5:55 pm

I like Undun better.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/27/11 at 8:03 pm

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...