inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Christmas Card Exchange 2011

Written By: Henk on 12/07/11 at 8:46 am

Well, since nobody else started a thread so far...

Anyone in?  ??? Not sure if I'll be able to make it this year... :-\\

In case you want to send me a card: I HAVE MOVED. Please PM me if you want my new address.

Subject: Re: Christmas Card Exchange 2011

Written By: karen on 12/07/11 at 8:52 am

Well done on starting this thread.  I meant to start it several times but got distracted reading other threads.

Anyone else moved in the past year and not told us?

Written By: Henk on 12/07/11 at 9:22 am

OK, so I was fiddling around somewhat on the Hallmark site...and then I thought 'Oh, what the heck..Let's order some cards'.  :D

So maybe...Santa's got a little surprise for you after all! ::)

Written By: nally on 12/07/11 at 12:40 pm

So far I've sent one...and am awaiting my first received card.

For those who still have my address, it's still the same; I have not moved.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/07/11 at 5:03 pm

I would love to, but I don't have the money this year.  Things are tight with paying for Sarah's broken leg.  I really need to get insurance.

Written By: Henk on 12/08/11 at 5:47 am

I would love to, but I don't have the money this year.  Things are tight with paying for Sarah's broken leg.  I really need to get insurance.

Have some karma. I know it doesn't pay the bills, but still...

Written By: Dagwood on 12/08/11 at 7:09 am

Have some karma. I know it doesn't pay the bills, but still...

Thanks, Henk.  Thankfully the bills are paid...just not much left for extras this year.  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/08/11 at 8:43 pm

thanks for starting this thread Henk. Yesterday, I received a lovely Christmas card from karen and the family. thanks karen & I'll be mailing cards out next week.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/08/11 at 9:20 pm

I got one from Karen as well.  It was adorable.  Thanks again, Karen.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/12/11 at 5:57 pm

Mine are done...I just have to go get stamps. 

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/12/11 at 7:51 pm

Well done on starting this thread.  I meant to start it several times but got distracted reading other threads.

Anyone else moved in the past year and not told us?
Thank you for the card Karen!  It was great, and the girls were amazed by the postage stamp, not our typical US stamp O0

Written By: Dagwood on 12/12/11 at 9:14 pm

Got a card from Gis today as well.  Thanks!  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/12/11 at 11:33 pm

Got a card from Gis today as well.  Thanks!  :)
me too, from Gis and "himself" Ian
thanks Gis

Written By: nally on 12/12/11 at 11:39 pm

I have already sent out one so far...but I will write out the rest of them this week and hopefully get them all sent in the mail by the end of the week. I was going to do it this past weekend, but something unexpected came up, so I've had to adjust my life accordingly.

Written By: karen on 12/13/11 at 1:53 am

Glad to hear my little cards are surviving the journey

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/13/11 at 1:59 am

that was the littlest Christmas card I ever got and penguin themed as well. thanks for the warm wishes

Written By: Henk on 12/13/11 at 5:20 am

Doesn't anybody else want a card from me? :( :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/13/11 at 10:56 am

I thought it was the cutest little card. I love it.

BTW, you haven't moved since last year, have you?

Cat

Written By: karen on 12/13/11 at 10:59 am

I thought it was the cutest little card. I love it.

BTW, you haven't moved since last year, have you?

Cat

No I haven't moved.  Not sure why people think I have - you're the second person to ask me that.  Moving from the US was enough of a stress!

Written By: Henk on 12/14/11 at 5:44 am

Doesn't anybody else want a card from me? :( :\'(

Or even worse: doesn't anybody else want to send me a card?  ??? Cuz not a lot of people have asked for my new address.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/14/11 at 7:17 am

Or even worse: doesn't anybody else want to send me a card?  ??? Cuz not a lot of people have asked for my new address.

I would, but since I am not doing cards, I can't.  I will next year, though.  You can still pm me your address for next year. :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/14/11 at 7:21 am

Give me a couple days, and I will be ready to Address cards and such. I only think one thing at a time...  If you want to PM' ME I will be getting my cards out hopefully this weekend. 

AND KAREN (since their was no return address)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/14/11 at 7:22 am

Give me a couple days, and I will be ready to Address cards and such. I only think one thing at a time...  If you want to PM' ME I will be getting my cards out hopefully this weekend. 

Karen, and Gis please for me. 

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/14/11 at 7:26 am

Karen, and Gis please for me. 
OH and Gis!!!!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/14/11 at 11:57 am

Thank you Karen, it was such a cute little card.

Written By: Henk on 12/14/11 at 2:50 pm

I would, but since I am not doing cards, I can't.  I will next year, though.  You can still pm me your address for next year. :)

YAY!! Two people still like me! :D ;D

(Done)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/14/11 at 8:40 pm

YAY!! Two people still like me! :D ;D

(Done)

Hey now, I like you, I even sent it in time for Sinterklaas (and it even arrived on time unlike one year where it came in March or something.  ???)

Written By: Henk on 12/15/11 at 5:02 am

Hey now, I like you, I even sent it in time for Sinterklaas (and it even arrived on time unlike one year where it came in March or something.  ???)

Awww sowwy Patty. :( Should've said 'Two MORE people still like me'. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/11 at 1:21 pm

I have no problem with you taking the money you would've spent on a card and postage and putting it towards Sarah's gift.....next year however  :P  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/11 at 1:30 pm

I still like you Henk...it might be late but send me that new address I hope to get the cards done this weekend.....

btw.... I have a bad habit of buying new cards every year but I never finish the box from the previous yr. I have cards that go back about 5-10 yrs....this year I'm only sending cards I have in my supply kit.  If I run out ya ain't getting one!  ;D    You may get the same card I sent you last year or the year before.... you're gonna like the card you get and you're gonna laugh at my card even if you've seen it before because dammit I put a lot of work into selecting the cards I only bought the ones that made me laugh out loud.  Some of you might not get a funny card because I have few of those left too.... and, some of you are gonna get a card with a little black kid on it because I thought it was cute then realized most of my friends aren't black  ;D ;D ;D

um.... yeah I think that's it  :D

btw I still use the PO Box and will until I move to La or the bldg burns down.....the second is likely to happen before the first  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/15/11 at 1:40 pm

I still like you Henk...it might be late but send me that new address I hope to get the cards done this weekend.....

btw.... I have a bad habit of buying new cards every year but I never finish the box from the previous yr. I have cards that go back about 5-10 yrs....this year I'm only sending cards I have in my supply kit.  If I run out ya ain't getting one!  ;D     You may get the same card I sent you last year or the year before.... you're gonna like the card you get and you're gonna laugh at my card even if you've seen it before because dammit I put a lot of work into selecting the cards I only bought the ones that made me laugh out loud.   Some of you might not get a funny card because I have few of those left too.... and, some of you are gonna get a card with a little black kid on it because I thought it was cute then realized most of my friends aren't black  ;D ;D ;D

btw I still use the PO Box and will until I move to La or the bldg burns down.....the second is likely to happen before the first  ::)

I usually go through 3 boxes of cards. I used to get a couple of different ones and try to mix and match and then I asked myself why? I just get 3 boxes of the same now. I also NEVER get any that say "Merry Christmas"-NOT because of the so-called "war on Christmas" but because I send these out to not only my Christian family/friends, but also my Jewish family/friends, my Pagan family/friends, etc. etc.  I always have a few left over but I never use ones from previous years.

BTW Henk, you can give me your address. I may actually get to my cards before the first of the new year.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/11 at 1:42 pm

I usually go through 3 boxes of cards. I used to get a couple of different ones and try to mix and match and then I asked myself why? I just get 3 boxes of the same now. I also NEVER get any that say "Merry Christmas"-NOT because of the so-called "war on Christmas" but because I send these out to not only my Christian family/friends, but also my Jewish family/friends, my Pagan family/friends, etc. etc.  I always have a few left over but I never use ones from previous years.

BTW Henk, you can give me your address. I may actually get to my cards before the first of the new year.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I tend to mix the Cards... I get a batch of Merry Christmas cards for those I know who celebrate christmas and happy holiday cards for those who I know don't...... this year I may not be that diligent. 

Written By: nally on 12/15/11 at 4:02 pm

I tend to mix the Cards... I get a batch of Merry Christmas cards for those I know who celebrate christmas and happy holiday cards for those who I know don't...... this year I may not be that diligent. 

As do I. Last year I sent out "penguin" cards to everyone, but I barely used half the box. So this year I decided to send out a few more of those, as well as a couple other kinds, that way I have more than one design to choose from. And I still have some remaining penguin cards that I just might send out again next year.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/15/11 at 4:54 pm

I have no problem with you taking the money you would've spent on a card and postage and putting it towards Sarah's gift.....next year however  :P  ;)

Consider me told. ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/15/11 at 5:35 pm

btw.... I have a bad habit of buying new cards every year but I never finish the box from the previous yr. I have cards that go back about 5-10 yrs....this year I'm only sending cards I have in my supply kit.  If I run out ya ain't getting one!  ;D     You may get the same card I sent you last year or the year before.... you're gonna like the card you get and you're gonna laugh at my card even if you've seen it before because dammit I put a lot of work into selecting the cards I only bought the ones that made me laugh out loud.   Some of you might not get a funny card because I have few of those left too.... and, some of you are gonna get a card with a little black kid on it because I thought it was cute then realized most of my friends aren't black  ;D ;D ;D

I hope you get renters insurance first...

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/15/11 at 5:36 pm

I have cards...  I just need to get them sent out  8)

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/11 at 11:13 pm

I hope you get renters insurance first...

tried....with several different companies....most turned me down because.....get this.... I live in a wildfire area  ::) 

the only one that said yes was hella expensive. 

Written By: Henk on 12/16/11 at 2:22 pm

OK... so the cards have been written. (Well, actually... I didn't write the cards this time. I had them printed. :P)

Will post them tomorrow (which means they probably won't arrive until, oh I don't know...the middle of March! ;D)

I'll also be posting some to people that have not (yet) posted in this here thread. Hope they'll be (pleasantly) surprised. (FTR: I'm not expecting anything in return. Or maybe just karma, if you can spare it)

Written By: Henk on 12/17/11 at 4:23 am

Yes yes...cards are out! :) So some of you got something to look forward to!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/19/11 at 1:49 pm

My cards are all out too!  I just hope they get to ya'll on time...

Written By: nally on 12/19/11 at 1:53 pm

My cards are all out too!  I just hope they get to ya'll on time...

I hope the same with all the cards I've sent out.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/19/11 at 2:54 pm

Most of my cards are done-but not yet out.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 12/19/11 at 4:45 pm

Got one from Ash today.  Thanks, Ash!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/19/11 at 5:09 pm

Got one from Ash today.  Thanks, Ash!

Yay!  You're welcome, and Merry Christmas!

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/19/11 at 5:11 pm

Yep, I don't have mine out yet- sorry y'all!

Written By: snozberries on 12/19/11 at 5:15 pm

mine are going out tomorrow

Written By: nally on 12/19/11 at 6:19 pm

I finally got one today... from Amy (statqueen)!! :)

Written By: karen on 12/20/11 at 2:08 am

I got a card from Patty and James - lovely glittery card it was!

Written By: nally on 12/20/11 at 6:36 pm

I received one from Ash in today's mail! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/20/11 at 8:29 pm

'twas so nice to get cards from Shannon, Ash & Jeff. thank you all very much. 
as for my cards  :-\\  I keep forgetting to do them. I'll try to write them and mail them tomorrow  8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/20/11 at 10:46 pm

Got lovely cards from Gis, Shannon, and Ash.  My second batch of cards going out tomorrow when we get the car back from the mechanics.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/21/11 at 9:49 am

I got Karen's adorable tiny card!  I love it!!!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/21/11 at 11:04 am

I got Karen's adorable tiny card!  I love it!!!   :)

It was cute!!!!

I got yours yesterday Ash....

Ive only been to my po box twice this month.  The first was a couple days ago...I had 30 cards so thanks everyone who sent me cards.  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/21/11 at 11:51 am

All but one have gone out! YAY!!! That one will go out tomorrow.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/21/11 at 11:52 am

'twas so nice to get cards from Shannon, Ash & Jeff. thank you all very much.   
as for my cards   :-\\   I keep forgetting to do them. I'll try to write them and mail them tomorrow  8)

That's fine; when they get here, they get here...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/21/11 at 7:40 pm

finally mailed out Christmas cards, hopefully they arrive soon

true, they might be a day or 2 late, but ya never know, I'm hoping most arrive by Saturday

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/22/11 at 7:30 pm

received a nice card from Cat & Carlos, thanks & seasons greetings  :)

Written By: nally on 12/22/11 at 7:58 pm

finally mailed out Christmas cards, hopefully they arrive soon
true, they might be a day or 2 late, but ya never know, I'm hoping most arrive by Saturday

Last year, a couple of mine were late, but I didn't mind.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/23/11 at 11:07 am

received a nice card from Cat & Carlos, thanks & seasons greetings  :)

WOW! It got there before Christmas. I'm impressed.  ;)  Oh yeah, you're welcome.  :D

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 12/23/11 at 4:10 pm

Got a card from Q today.  And, yes, I do love Maxine. ;D

Thanks

Written By: snozberries on 12/23/11 at 4:15 pm

Got a card from Q today.  And, yes, I do love Maxine. ;D

Thanks

I decided to send that particular card to my less sensitive friends! :D

Written By: Dagwood on 12/23/11 at 4:16 pm

I decided to send that particular card to my less sensitive friends! :D

Well, I found it awesome! ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/23/11 at 4:17 pm

yep... my cards are late again...

Written By: snozberries on 12/23/11 at 4:17 pm

Well, I found it awesome! ;D

I meant to say my friends who are not quite as sensitive! lol... I actually have a couple of friends who would've been offended by it but I knew you know me well enough to know I mean it lovingly!  That's actually one of my all time favorite cards!

Written By: Dagwood on 12/23/11 at 5:09 pm

I meant to say my friends who are not quite as sensitive! lol... I actually have a couple of friends who would've been offended by it but I knew you know me well enough to know I mean it lovingly!  That's actually one of my all time favorite cards!

I know what you meant.  I am not easily offended, but obviously you know that. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/23/11 at 5:37 pm

I know what you meant.  I am not easily offended, but obviously you know that. ;D

years of interacting with you told me that long ago! O0  <<<<thumbs up smiley! :-D

Written By: Dagwood on 12/23/11 at 6:13 pm

years of interacting with you told me that long ago! O0  <<<<thumbs up smiley! :-D

;D <<<<<<<<laughing smiley!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/23/11 at 8:04 pm

got a nice card from Q & Effie
thanks Q
is this a festivus pole?  >:(
Happy Festivus! now first we can air out our grievances

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/24/11 at 3:51 am

Go cards from nally and Cat and Carlos.   :)  Thank you

Written By: Henk on 12/24/11 at 6:30 am

Got cards from Cat & Carlos (yesterday) and Q (today). :) I wasn't really expecting them to be in time for Christmas, so imagine my surprise.

Loving them...Thanks!

Written By: snozberries on 12/24/11 at 9:26 am

Got cards from Cat & Carlos (yesterday) and Q (today). :) I wasn't really expecting them to be in time for Christmas, so imagine my surprise.

Loving them...Thanks!

wow you got it already? I just mailed it Tuesday! Maybe my aunts and cousin got theirs too! YAY!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/24/11 at 11:56 am

Loving them...Thanks!

wow you got it already? I just mailed it Tuesday! Maybe my aunts and cousin got theirs too! YAY!

I was about to say the same thing.

I got one from Badfinger fan today.  :)  Thanks.

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/24/11 at 4:00 pm

I was about to say the same thing.

I got one from Badfinger fan today.  :)  Thanks.

Cat
you're welcome Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 12/24/11 at 6:23 pm

Got a card from Mike and one from Patti today!  Thanks, guys. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/25/11 at 11:09 am

Got a card from Mike and one from Patti today!  Thanks, guys. :)
you're most welcome Dagny

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/11 at 11:48 am

The card is so cute Mike.... also got a card from Patty.  and um... crap my cards are at home I forgot who else I card from yesterday.... But in all I got some 35-40 cards...only 7 or so of them are from my non 00ze friends so I made out better from my online friends than my real world ones!  8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/25/11 at 12:49 pm

The card is so cute Mike.... also got a card from Patty.   and um... crap my cards are at home I forgot who else I card from yesterday.... But in all I got some 35-40 cards...only 7 or so of them are from my non 00ze friends so I made out better from my online friends than my real world ones!  8)
Love the card Q!  I have mine... I am hoping post Christmas, pre New Years (I may not be busy most moments of the day- and get to post office)

Written By: nally on 12/25/11 at 1:44 pm

Go cards from nally and Cat and Carlos.   :)  Thank you

I received yours yesterday too. As well as one from HotStuff Krissy.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/26/11 at 2:04 am

huge mistake, I think your card failed to get mailed, sending it 1st thing tomorrow. sorry Jeff  :-[

Written By: Henk on 12/27/11 at 1:05 pm

Got cards form Paco and karen today. Thanks! :)

Unfortunately, karen's card (and envelope) had been damaged (only slightly), so Royal Mail had them wrapped in a sealed bag.

Written By: Paco on 12/27/11 at 4:44 pm

I guess Henk and Paco are the closest penguins,  in the distance sense  ::)

Only a driving day and we'd meet each other. Maybe one or two States of the USA  8)

I'm glad the mail worked as due Henk  ;) one more year

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/27/11 at 6:09 pm

Got Q and Effie's card and Badfingerfan (Mike)'s cards today.  Thank you.  Got Henk's card a couple days ago.  Thank you too.  I think that is all the penguins.  My brain is pretty much mush lately and I'm lucky to be able to hold semi-intelligent conversation at all anymore. 

Written By: snozberries on 12/27/11 at 6:22 pm

Got Q and Effie's card and Badfingerfan (Mike)'s cards today.  Thank you.  Got Henk's card a couple days ago.  Thank you too.  I think that is all the penguins.  My brain is pretty much mush lately and I'm lucky to be able to hold semi-intelligent conversation at all anymore. 

How's the hubby feeling?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/27/11 at 6:48 pm

Got Henk's BEAUTIFUL card today. Thank you so much.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 12/27/11 at 7:10 pm

Got a card from Henk.  Thanks, Henk. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/27/11 at 9:30 pm

How's the hubby feeling?

Well he is better, it seems like we keep passing this virus back and forth.  It's my turn this week, apparently.  I think I need a full-body transplant.  Hoping this is the last round of illness in this household, but I'm not holding my breath.

Written By: snozberries on 12/27/11 at 9:42 pm

Well he is better, it seems like we keep passing this virus back and forth.  It's my turn this week, apparently.  I think I need a full-body transplant.  Hoping this is the last round of illness in this household, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sorry to hear that.....maybe you guys need to be sick now so you can ring in the new year completely healthy....and stay that way til 2013!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/11 at 1:13 pm

Got a card from my good friend Q.  :)

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/11 at 1:18 pm

Got a card from my good friend Q.  :)

Cat

awesome!!! sorry I didn't mail it a couple days sooner  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/11 at 1:24 pm

awesome!!! sorry I didn't mail it a couple days sooner  ;D

No problem. Did you get ours?  ???

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/11 at 1:27 pm

No problem. Did you get ours?  ???

Cat

I'm sure I did. I haven't gone to the post office yet but i do need to go today.

Written By: Jessica on 12/28/11 at 3:30 pm

Got cards from Q, Badfinger-Fan, Henk, and Ash.  Thanks guys!

Maybe someday I'll be able to afford to send some out again. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/11 at 5:31 pm

Got cards from Q, Badfinger-Fan, Henk, and Ash.  Thanks guys!

Maybe someday I'll be able to afford to send some out again. ;D

Your facebook posts are the gifts that keep on giving!!! Just keep that up and I'll never need another christmas card from you again! lol

Written By: nally on 12/29/11 at 12:06 am

huge mistake, I think your card failed to get mailed, sending it 1st thing tomorrow. sorry Jeff  :-[

It's allright; I'll let you know when I receive it. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/29/11 at 8:42 pm

Got a penguin card, handwritten in ENGLISH!!!!, from Paco today.  It was cute and written very well.  :)  Thank you.  I could only manage a few words of Spanish in mine to him.  :-[

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/11 at 11:00 pm

Got a penguin card, handwritten in ENGLISH!!!!, from Paco today.  It was cute and written very well.  :)  Thank you.  I could only manage a few words of Spanish in mine to him.   :-[

Feliz Navidad, prospero ano y felicidad?  :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/29/11 at 11:19 pm

Feliz Navidad, prospero ano y felicidad?   :D

Feliz Navidad (thank you Jose Feliciano)

and gracias amigo

I guess I could have thrown in taco, burrito, empenada and Taquirro for good measure, even if it didn't make sense in context.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/11 at 11:28 pm

and gracias amigo

I guess I could have thrown in taco, burrito, empenada and Taquirro for good measure, even if it didn't make sense in context.  ;D

see mine was from Jose too.... ya just gotta get thru all those Feliz Navidads to get the other two well wishes.  ;D

Written By: Paco on 12/30/11 at 7:52 am

Got a penguin card, handwritten in ENGLISH!!!!, from Paco today.  It was cute and written very well.  :)  Thank you.  I could only manage a few words of Spanish in mine to him.   :-[

Well, after four years peering at Patty, I have learnt to borrow and lend some words here and there.  ;)
Just enough to cast a spell in a xmas card, and make this ma'am I love so, to smile up-stairs, indoors , as drawing a penguin seamermar in the tug's wheelhouse .  :)

Beautiful card and still better this handwriting penguin at rudder  that touched me now and forever.

Thanks Patty and James.

I hope illness will continue its way beyond ocean and let you in peace for at least yet another year 

Peace and joy for you and all penguins  :-*

Written By: Paco on 12/30/11 at 7:58 am

and gracias amigo

I rather you cook me a good steak and apple pie. Don't bother with flying me  burritos at least they came with Gram Parsons, for that's the only way I can swallow them.  ;D ;)

But to seriously say, I really appreciate your efforts to speak some Spanish words to a very Spanish friend  :)

Written By: Paco on 12/30/11 at 8:10 am

Feliz Navidad, prospero ano y felicidad?   :D

Pay attention Q, when you are writing to a Spaniard for Spanish is the solo language that has got a Ñ in the alphabet, and you mustn't forget it.

Año is year but ano is asshole, so let my butts in peace and all the prosperity for the next year dear  ;) ;D

I guess your keyboard ain't got this important letter, but coincidence disgusts sight sometimes  ::)

In spite of flop, I love Feliciano, and your Feliz Navidad above all  :-*

Written By: snozberries on 12/30/11 at 11:05 am

Pay attention Q, when you are writing to a Spaniard for Spanish is the solo language that has got a Ñ in the alphabet, and you mustn't forget it.

Año is year but ano is asshole, so let my butts in peace and all the prosperity for the next year dear  ;) ;D

I guess your keyboard ain't got this important letter, but coincidence disgusts sight sometimes  ::)

I wished you prosperous ass!!!  LOL.... hey that's a good thing.... ASS in the US means many things.

Ass = butt
Ass = donkey
Ass = obnoxious person
Ass = sex  as in hope you get a good piece of ass or a lot of ass.  lol 

;D

I'm sure I can put the tilde on the n  with my keyboard but I wouldn't even know how to begin to do that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/30/11 at 12:14 pm

and gracias amigo

The extent of my Spanish is "guacamole".  :-\\  I am working on getting Rosetta Stone for Spanish-as I am writing this.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I wished you prosperous ass!!!  LOL.... hey that's a good thing.... ASS in the US means many things.

Ass = butt
Ass = donkey
Ass = obnoxious person

;D

I'm sure I can put the tilde on the n  with my keyboard but I wouldn't even know how to begin to do that.

ALT + 164  on number pad.  ñ. 

http://www.starr.net/is/type/altnum.htm

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/30/11 at 12:21 pm

The extent of my Spanish is "guacamole".  :-\\  I am working on getting Rosetta Stone for Spanish-as I am writing this.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ALT + 164  on number pad.  ñ. 

http://www.starr.net/is/type/altnum.htm

Cat

I'll never remember that  ►♦.î46╨  plus it doesn't seem to work on mine...  I could've just googled one and copied and pasted it here but again I wasn't really willing to put that much effort into it lol

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/30/11 at 12:42 pm

I'll never remember that  ►♦.î46╨   plus it doesn't seem to work on mine...  I could've just googled one and copied and pasted it here but again I wasn't really willing to put that much effort into it lol

You could try ALT + 0241. 

You have to keep the ALT key down and use the number pad. If it doesn't work-try to put the number lock on.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/30/11 at 1:03 pm

You could try ALT + 0241. 

You have to keep the ALT key down and use the number pad. If it doesn't work-try to put the number lock on.

Cat

ª  nope...that didn't work either... like I said not an issue tho because I almost never need that feature.

Written By: nally on 12/30/11 at 1:08 pm

I got Badfinger-Mike's card in the mail yesterday.

Written By: Howard on 12/30/11 at 7:25 pm

I wished you prosperous ass!!!   LOL.... hey that's a good thing.... ASS in the US means many things.

Ass = butt
Ass = donkey
Ass = obnoxious person
Ass = sex   as in hope you get a good piece of ass or a lot of ass.   lol 

;D

;D

Written By: Henk on 12/31/11 at 4:30 am

I got Mike's card yesterday. :) Thanks!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/31/11 at 12:16 pm

I got a card for Statsqueen.  :)

Cat

Written By: Paco on 12/31/11 at 12:53 pm

yeah!!  you got it right for I got a xmas card from Q, and ...

It gotta be two pigeon assholes perilously pointing into a confident wide-opened mouth.  ;) 

Thanks Q  :-*

Written By: Paco on 12/31/11 at 1:08 pm

Ass = butt
Ass = donkey
Ass = obnoxious person

I've already got a groovy butt, and haven't much room for a donkey at my flat.  I hope you dont have any reason for casting me off as an obnoxious person. So I suppose you want me in the last suggestion  :D

Well it isn't a Christmass wish but a Valentin one, in any case you're welcome Q  :P

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/11 at 1:14 pm

I've already got a groovy butt, and haven't much room for a donkey at my flat.  I hope you dont have any reason for casting me off as an obnoxious person. So I suppose you want me in the last suggestion  :D

Well it isn't a Christmass wish but a Valentin one, in any case you're welcome Q  :P

Valentine's is about love. Getting a piece of ass doesn't require love be a part of it.... I stand by my original post  :P

Written By: Paco on 12/31/11 at 1:27 pm

buff !!  It seems to be too harsh  making of me a learned pal.
But in patience and hope we can get it right.

Then I take the last one for the next Año  ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/31/11 at 1:37 pm

Valentine's is about love. Getting a piece of ass doesn't require love be a part of it.... I stand by my original post  :P

It's 50% of the part.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/11 at 1:38 pm

It's 50% of the part.  ;D

it doesn't even have to be 1%.....sometimes it just is what it is...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/31/11 at 2:29 pm

woohoo! got cards from Patty, Henk, Jeff, Paco, and belle du jour, glad most of mine have been received, some still in the mail. hang on, they'll get there  8)

Written By: nally on 12/31/11 at 8:14 pm

woohoo! got cards from Patty, Henk, Jeff, Paco, and belle du jour, glad most of mine have been received, some still in the mail. hang on, they'll get there  8)

Glad my card arrived safely!! :) O0

Written By: Tam on 01/03/12 at 11:49 pm

And it seems because I was a slacker around here, people sent cards to my old address in NY. :(

I do have a friend who is collecting our mail - we put in 2 changes of address: one to her place, then when we left there, to our new address, but it looks as if usps hasn't picked up the secondary address. I need to go to the post office then.

Thank you to those I received cards from that got my Kentucky address.
I need to update y'all with it.

Many happy returns to everyone!
8)

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/12 at 11:54 pm

I got a card from Paco today....well it probably came a couple of days ago but I just went to post office today.

Written By: Paco on 01/04/12 at 5:19 am

Are you one of these days gonna tear the enveloppe up and take a peek at what is hidden in ?

I forgot what I wrote down this time Q, if you don't mind let me know it by a pm, please  :-*

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/04/12 at 5:42 am

Well, after four years peering at Patty, I have learnt to borrow and lend some words here and there.  ;)
Just enough to cast a spell in a xmas card, and make this ma'am I love so, to smile up-stairs, indoors , as drawing a penguin seamermar in the tug's wheelhouse .  :)

Beautiful card and still better this handwriting penguin at rudder  that touched me now and forever.

Thanks Patty and James.

I hope illness will continue its way beyond ocean and let you in peace for at least yet another year 

Peace and joy for you and all penguins  :-*

I'm so glad that you could tell what my drawing was supposed to be.  My artwork leaves alot to be desired. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/04/12 at 5:52 am

see mine was from Jose too.... ya just gotta get thru all those Feliz Navidads to get the other two well wishes.  ;D

I probably should have looked up the lyrics online and wrote those in the card.  I can't hear distinctively enough to sound out anything he sang in that song (in Spanish) other the Feliz Navidad. 

This year I actually tried to broaden my Christmas wishes, I actually found several cards written in a language that looked like Dutch (although it could have been Danish) I'm hoping it said something nice  :-[ (and Henk could read it.)  Don't know where I got the cards, they were in amongst all the rest of my cards...  :-\\ :-\\

Written By: Paco on 01/04/12 at 6:24 am

Your will is far and away beyond your skills Patty.

And that's way much more than what I expect in a friend.

Thanks again and let keep it like this girl.

If you wanna wade through other languages,

Tradukka can help to work thoughts out

http://tradukka.com/translate/en/es

but you have to read and hear a lot to improve your proficiency as I've been doing so far.
I need to read as I listen to anything that comes to me, if I wanna understand a bit. Only time can improve your ears in decoding what you hear.

You just broadened your horizons Patty, now you need to enjoy other ways to make it, that's all.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/12 at 11:42 am

And it seems because I was a slacker around here, people sent cards to my old address in NY. :(

I do have a friend who is collecting our mail - we put in 2 changes of address: one to her place, then when we left there, to our new address, but it looks as if usps hasn't picked up the secondary address. I need to go to the post office then.

8)

I ALMOST sent it to NY but a little birdie (or is that a little penguin  ;) ) told me your new address.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/12 at 12:06 pm

Are you one of these days gonna tear the enveloppe up and take a peek at what is hidden in ?

I forgot what I wrote down this time Q, if you don't mind let me know it by a pm, please  :-*

I will tell you tomorrow Paco. I had a lot of stuff to bring in yesterday so I left my mail in my car.  But I did read the card while at the post office... I won't be going to my car today so if I forget just remind me tomorrow and I'll do then.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/04/12 at 3:31 pm

8)
I'm one of those that mailed a card to the NY address  :-[

Written By: Tam on 01/04/12 at 5:42 pm

I'm one of those that mailed a card to the NY address  :-[

It's all good.
She called to tell me she has it there, so I will have it once she gets a large enough pile to send to me! 8)

Thank you Dad ;)

Written By: Henk on 01/07/12 at 1:21 am

Got a lovely card from Ash yesterday. :) The postmark read the 22nd of December, so it's definitely not your fault it was late. ;)

I can't karma you right now, but I'm sure someone else will cover that for me.

Written By: snozberries on 01/07/12 at 9:47 am

Got a lovely card from Ash yesterday. :) The postmark read the 22nd of December, so it's definitely not your fault it was late. ;)

I would if I could

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/07/12 at 8:24 pm

Actually, it is!  I put yours and Karen's cards in my glove compartment of my car about 10 days prior to that.  I meant to go and buy some international stamps but forgot.  :(  I discovered them in there the morning of the 22nd.  :-[

Written By: Henk on 01/08/12 at 1:01 am

Actually, it is!  I put yours and Karen's cards in my glove compartment of my car about 10 days prior to that.  I meant to go and buy some international stamps but forgot.  :(  I discovered them in there the morning of the 22nd.  :-three days to get here!

Written By: Tam on 03/05/12 at 12:36 pm

Today I receive a card in the mail from Henk and from Mike!

Thank you so very much!
(Because we moved, our friend was rerouting our mail, thus why I just received them today!)

A very belated Thank you! :) 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...