inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The "F" Word-A Discussion

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/11/11 at 5:42 pm

I remember as a teen, the "F" word was used only sparsely as a means to shock-or to really emphasized something. Now, it seems to be used so frequently that it seems to have lost that shock value.

I am just curious, how frequently do you use it in your everyday speech. I find myself using it more and more frequently. Of course, I still won't use it in front of my mother.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Subject: Re: The "F" Word-A Discussion

Written By: snozberries on 12/11/11 at 6:07 pm

yeah I still can't curse in front of my mother either. 

It depends on who I'm hanging out with.  The more comfortable with you I am the more likely it's going to fall out of my mouth. The more I respect you I won't say it in front of you (unless I hear you let it rip) you let it rip and I say GAME ON!!!!  ;D

I remember the first time I said it. I was eating lunch with some of my friends freshman yr of HS and we were in the quad....right across from Sister Celine's bio class... I said FUDGE! and my friends jaws all dropped to the ground. I looked behind me to make sure Sister Celine wasn't standing. She wasn't and I was like fudge this is cool! Its been one of my favorite words ever since... I like to jazz it up tho- punk ass muther fuding son of a dickwad often comes out when I'm driving...and when I talk to myself I think there are more "bad" words than normal ones.  ;D

I had this discussion with a friend once who never said it. She always said ford (she actually said the word fudge but since this is the correction for f*ck I'm changing it make a point...so everytime you read fudge think f*ck)  :D

anyway I told her that the word itself wasn't bad it was the intention behind it. I mean- if you say ford but you mean fudge then ford actually means fudge.    She said it was unlady like to say fudge. I said it was unlady like to think fudge.... expressing it ford doesn't really soften it because the intention is still glaringly obvious.  ::)

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/11/11 at 7:32 pm

I used to say it all the time until the day I was cursing the dog and I said "You little..." and a 2 year old Megan finished me sentence by saying "F'er".  ;D

My dad and mom cursed all the time when we were growing up by wouldn't allow us to curse, I couldn't even say fart in front of my dad but it was fine for him to insert the F-word in every sentence he said.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/11/11 at 8:10 pm

I say it occasionally but am trying to stop. 

Written By: wildcard on 12/11/11 at 8:31 pm

I use  F as a curse word on whatever the F N action is that needs to be stopped.  Sometimes sounding like I'm Fi ng the person depending on how much attention I need to get from them.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/12/11 at 12:19 am

Mainly when I get mad.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/12/11 at 1:34 am

"whatever"

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/12/11 at 1:57 am

As a New Yorker I am contractually obligated to use it often but I use it most when I'm cursing out other drivers.

Written By: whistledog on 12/12/11 at 2:03 am

I never fukking swear

Written By: Howard on 12/12/11 at 6:57 am

I never fukking swear

I don't give a fukk.

Written By: Howard on 12/12/11 at 6:58 am

I swear almost all the time.

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 9:36 am

As a New Yorker I am contractually obligated to use it often but I use it most when I'm cursing out other drivers.

;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 9:37 am

I swear almost all the time.

you should stop that Howard....it's rude.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/12/11 at 10:59 am

It seems like people here use it A LOT. Has the word lost its shock value because it is used so frequently?

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 11:08 am

It seems like people here use it A LOT. Has the word lost its shock value because it is used so frequently?

Cat

pretty much.  I mean maybe if a nun or a priest or Barack started Mo Fo'ing people up and down the block I'd be shocked but otherwise I sort of just expect it.  Now I will say that I have always felt it had it's time and place and so I don't think it's acceptable to use in public in the work place.  ie I would never say eff you or eff off to a caller...I may have wanted to but I wouldn't. When I worked retail I would never say it to or in front of a customer. I have called out some younger guys when I hear them cursing in public at work. Asking them if the language is really necessary. I feel like if you are working you should always act professionally - no matter how pissed off you are but you better bet. when I hang up that phone I'll be taking you, your mother, father and everyone else you know down in a flame of fudges....  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/12/11 at 11:25 am

pretty much.  I mean maybe if a nun or a priest or Barack started Mo Fo'ing people up and down the block I'd be shocked but otherwise I sort of just expect it.  Now I will say that I have always felt it had it's time and place and so I don't think it's acceptable to use in public in the work place.  ie I would never say eff you or eff off to a caller...I may have wanted to but I wouldn't. When I worked retail I would never say it to or in front of a customer. I have called out some younger guys when I hear them cursing in public at work. Asking them if the language is really necessary. I feel like if you are working you should always act professionally - no matter how pissed off you are but you better bet. when I hang up that phone I'll be taking you, your mother, father and everyone else you know down in a flame of fudges....  ;D

I don't recall ever saying "F U" to anyone-if I did, it was in an extreme rare case when that person had no redeeming qualities in my mind.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 11:30 am

I don't recall ever saying "F U" to anyone-if I did, it was in an extreme rare case when that person had no redeeming qualities in my mind.

Cat

I tend to use it more descriptively Rosie O'Donnell has this bit about how Melanie Griffith says it all the time...I use it the same way.... That effing thing won't effing work.... I will say eff that mother effer in conversation but the only time I actually told someone to eff off was an guy who was stalking me.  that's a whole 'nother story...

most of the time (unless we're talkiing reality shows) when I hear it, it's the same way.

In the case where I asked the kid at the grocery store if the language was really necessary he was telling a cashier a story about how he and his friends went on this trip that was effing awesome and there was some effing cool sh1t that happened and eff man you shoulda effing come too dude!  ::)    I'm thinking that conversation could've waited for the break room or when the store was closed.

Written By: Howard on 12/12/11 at 1:10 pm

you should stop that Howard....it's rude.

runs in the family.  So No...  :P

Written By: Howard on 12/12/11 at 1:12 pm

Cat

maybe it has.

Written By: karen on 12/12/11 at 2:36 pm

<snip>

In the case where I asked the kid at the grocery store if the language was really necessary he was telling a cashier a story about how he and his friends went on this trip that was effing awesome and there was some effing cool sh1t that happened and eff man you shoulda effing come too dude!  ::)    I'm thinking that conversation could've waited for the break room or when the store was closed.

This is how some of the staff at work talk.  They are generally young lads (and girls) so I tolerate it but it grates after a while.

I'm not saying I don't swear at all, but I think there is a time and a place, particularly for the f word.  It's something I rarely use

Actually it's funny, I was talking with someone at work about this the other day.  There I am seen as someone who never swears at all and the odd time I do (like if I make a mistake and than say 'bollocks' or 'sh1t') everyone is totally shocked.  The boss apologises if he swears in front of me.

However other friends know me as someone who swears regularly in casual conversation.  We call each other bassturd or w4nker if one beats the other at cards or something.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/12/11 at 2:38 pm

This is how some of the staff at work talk.  They are generally young lads (and girls) so I tolerate it but it grates after a while.

I'm not saying I don't swear at all, but I think there is a time and a place, particularly for the f word.  It's something I rarely use

Actually it's funny, I was talking with someone at work about this the other day.  There I am seen as someone who never swears at all and the odd time I do (like if I make a mistake and than say 'bollocks' or 'sh1t') everyone is totally shocked.  The boss apologises if he swears in front of me.

However other friends know me as someone who swears regularly in casual conversation.  We call each other bassturd or w4nker if one beats the other at cards or something.

F for feck ?

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 2:44 pm

<snip> right back at ya!  :D

Y'all know where I work...all day long it's eff this and that mo fo effing ran on me and eff that....  F may be the word most often used when police officers tell stories.....It's effing hilarious. 

Anyway- as I said somewhere above. I don't necessarily swear in front of people I don't know well or I'm uncomfortable around, one day I was working with this cop and I ended up saying a curse word.. I don't remember if it was f or something else but he looked at me and said "Tq I didn't know you cursed!"  :o    the other dispatcher choked on her lunch because we'd been friends for years so she knew how bad it could get with me.  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/12/11 at 3:58 pm

I hate when people can't get through a sentence without saying it.

My favorite words are "a$$" and all of it's variants (horse's, dumb, wipe, etc.) and sh!t.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/12/11 at 4:00 pm

My favorite words are "a$$" and all of it's variants (horse's, dumb, wipe, etc.) and sh!t.  ;D

I say sh!t a lot, too. I also say d@mn a lot. Of course d@mn is very tame.  :D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 4:14 pm

Cat

OMG You say damn!!!  :o   

:D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/12/11 at 4:17 pm

OMG You say damn!!!  :o     

:D

Damn straight.  :D ;D ;D ;D  I always spell it d@mn because I always think the auto-censors are going to kick in.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 4:24 pm

Damn straight.  :D ;D ;D ;D  I always spell it d@mn because I always think the auto-censors are going to kick in.

Cat

I like testing the auto cesnors... I can use one of my favorite eminem lyrics to find out what's okay

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I?
fudge sheesh ass bitch (I_am_a_loser_who_has_no_respect_for_women), shooby-de-doo-wop
Skibbedy-be-bop, a-Christopher Reeves

;D

Written By: Dagwood on 12/12/11 at 5:45 pm

I like testing the auto cesnors... I can use one of my favorite eminem lyrics to find out what's okay

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I?
fudge sheesh ass bitch (I_am_a_loser_who_has_no_respect_for_women), shooby-de-doo-wop
Skibbedy-be-bop, a-Christopher Reeves

;D

You have me curious now, is Christopher Reeves really the lyric or does the auto censor change something to it?  If so...what word?  I can't even imagine

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/12/11 at 5:46 pm

I had this discussion with a friend once who never said it. She always said ford (she actually said the word fudge but since this is the correction for f*ck I'm changing it make a point...so everytime you read fudge think f*ck)  :D

anyway I told her that the word itself wasn't bad it was the intention behind it. I mean- if you say ford but you mean fudge then ford actually means fudge.    She said it was unlady like to say fudge. I said it was unlady like to think fudge.... expressing it ford doesn't really soften it because the intention is still glaringly obvious.  ::)

I mostly say it when I'm driving.  But I've always been one to say frigging or freaking, and my dad would always say exactly what you did, Q.  

I don't think I EVER heard my mom say it her entire life.  My dad never used to either, but now he throws it around when he's mad, and I am shocked every single time.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/12/11 at 5:47 pm

I mostly say it when I'm driving.  But I've always been one to say frigging or freaking, and my dad would always say exactly what you did, Q. 

I don't think I EVER heard my mom say it her entire life.  My dad never used to either, but now he throws it around when he's mad, and I am shocked every single time.

No way, you say it when driving?  In this town?  But we have the bestest drivers ever. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 5:53 pm

You have me curious now, is Christopher Reeves really the lyric or does the auto censor change something to it?  If so...what word?  I can't even imagine

No Christopher Reeve is actually the lyric...

I ended my post before he got into the sonny bono hittin' some trees line  Look, he's not the most PC rapper out there but he is a lyrical genius... Hell, he rhymed Oranges to Syringes.  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/12/11 at 5:54 pm

I just remembered that I got into so much trouble when I was in first grade because I said the f word.  The stupid thing was, I had no idea what it meant.  I heard another kid say it and instinctively knew it was bad though.  The kid in question said "Fudgin Succotash" on a regular basis - except he said the real word.  He was the toughest kid in our grade, and now it makes me giggle to think about.  

I was in reading class, and this boy named Greg Smith was bugging the crap out of me so I said "Greg, Eff You Off!"  And the little a-hole told on me.   ::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/12/11 at 5:54 pm

No way, you say it when driving?  In this town?  But we have the bestest drivers ever. ;)

LOL! 

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 5:56 pm

I just remembered that I got into so much trouble when I was in first grade because I said the f word.  The stupid thing was, I had no idea what it meant.  I heard another kid say it and instinctively knew it was bad though.  The kid in question said "Fudgin Succotash" on a regular basis - except he said the real word.  He was the toughest kid in our grade, and now it makes me giggle to think about.  

I was in reading class, and this boy named Greg Smith was bugging the crap out of me so I said "Greg, Eff You Off!"  And the little a-hole told on me.   ::)

Little kids cursing is cute!!! eff you off!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 6:09 pm

geez... I thought that was just Santa Barbara.....and LA.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 6:39 pm

do yourselves a favor... if you've never seen them watch these two skits from SNL

jingleheimer junction (w/cameron diaz)

sofa king (w/ Shia Labeouf)

Written By: whistledog on 12/12/11 at 6:51 pm

I was always told that the words damn, bitch and piss were swears, but 'The Golden Girls' made me realize they aren't.

If you can say it in prime time, then it is not a swear :D

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 6:53 pm

I was always told that the words damn, bitch and piss were swears, but 'The Golden Girls' made me realize they aren't.

You can say fudge on prime time....sure it gets bleeped but people can still say it!  ;)

Gordon Ramsey has proven that!  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/12/11 at 7:48 pm

I wonder if the censor picks up on this...Hitchcock.

Nope.  Another message board I used to visit would censor the name, it would read "HitchWOW".  It took me a while to figure out what was happening.  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/12/11 at 7:53 pm

I think if the word is also a name for something else like ass( donkey) or bitch (female dog) or damn (going to Hell) it's ok but you can't add hole or God to it.

Written By: snozberries on 12/12/11 at 8:37 pm

I think if the word is also a name for something else like ass( donkey) or bitch (female dog) or damn (going to Hell) it's ok but you can't add hole or God to it.

That is true.  Although I was watching something the other day and someone called someone else an asshat  ;D
Oh wait that was probably one of the shows I watch on TNT or A&e or something

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/12/11 at 11:26 pm

For the freakin' record, I am the 20 farkin' percent.  I drop F-Bombs like it's the deserts of Nevada (SFW), where nothin' else matta (umm, NSFW audio, if that's okay with you).  If there's ever a fargin' war (SFW) on frackin' (SFW) indecency, I'll grab my copulatin' thesaurus and fight it with my last redacted breath.

I don't give a fukk.

Me neither. (Warning: NSFW Audio. But Reggie Watts' parody of rap tropes is epic.)

Hmmm...

9qtZ24kiLr0

(I think I can get away with sneaking one in here.  It's not so much dropping the F-Bomb so much as it is trying to slip one past the overwhelmed defenses.)  

The word hasn't lost its shock value.  It just takes a little more work (Warning: Awesomely NSFW Audio!) to get it over the line.  As of this writing in 2011, that link to Tim Minchin's track holds the record for ClusterFBomb density: 84 F-bombs in 138 seconds, and makes a political/social point that is guaranteed to offend Catholics and fans of Penn State football alike.  Tim Minchin nails it.  Play badminton with F-grenades as long as you like - but if you wanna drop an F-Bomb, make it count, and that means saturation bombing in situations where there's no such thing as overkill.

Written By: whistledog on 12/13/11 at 12:10 am

We have a network in Canada called CityTV, and quite often, they do not censor their movies, however, if someone says the word motherf*cker, they bleep out the word mother.  I will never understand this.

Written By: Howard on 12/13/11 at 7:05 am

and god damn mo'fo'. ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/13/11 at 7:06 am

Cat

or sometimes I add Jesus Christ in the mix when I curse.

Written By: Howard on 12/13/11 at 7:08 am

unless they start bleeping you.

Written By: Howard on 12/13/11 at 7:12 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb5CAutu6wA

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/13/11 at 7:54 am

That is true.  Although I was watching something the other day and someone called someone else an asshat  ;D
Oh wait that was probably one of the shows I watch on TNT or A&e or something

I saw that too but I can't remember what I was watching.  Megan was watching TV with me and she caught it too. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/13/11 at 11:17 am

do yourselves a favor... if you've never seen them watch these two skits from SNL

jingleheimer junction (w/cameron diaz)

sofa king (w/ Shia Labeouf)

The first one was REALLY funny.

We have a network in Canada called CityTV, and quite often, they do not censor their movies, however, if someone says the word motherf*cker, they bleep out the word mother.  I will never understand this.

Maybe Mother is a cuss word?  ???  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/13/11 at 2:49 pm

I saw that too but I can't remember what I was watching.  Megan was watching TV with me and she caught it too. 

We should go over all the shows we watch and see if we can figure it out  ;D
You first! I'm sure your list is shorter.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/13/11 at 2:52 pm

The first one was REALLY funny.

Maybe Mother is a cuss word?  ???   :D ;D ;D

Cat

Now who would put mother or father in front of a curse word?  ???

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/14/11 at 10:23 pm

or sometimes I add Jesus Christ in the mix when I curse.

Leaving out the H.?  And the pogo stick?

Now who would put mother or father in front of a curse word?  ???

Mother rapers.  And father stabbers.  Or vice versa.  (NTTAWW-Hey!  There's plenty wrong with that!)  But we'll have to wait 11 months for Thanksgivin' to come around on the calendar again.

I may not be proud (or tired), but I am kinda bored, so here's pro-censorship Australian Standards Minister Stephen Conroy...

nHFfcdIyICY

...less than two days ago, dropping an F-bomb live on TV, a few minutes before Meerkat Manor.  I'm not in complete disagreement with him on macroeconomics viz. Australia (as contrasted to Europe), but I gotta call him out for - and I quote - "complete hypocrisy".  He's certainly an expert in that department.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/15/11 at 10:53 am

Leaving out the H.?  And the pogo stick?

Mother rapers.  And father stabbers.  Or vice versa.  (NTTAWW-Hey!  There's plenty wrong with that!)  But we'll have to wait 11 months for Thanksgivin' to come around on the calendar again.

You can always sit on the Group W bench.  ;)

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/15/11 at 10:58 am

We should go over all the shows we watch and see if we can figure it out  ;D
You first! I'm sure your list is shorter.  ;)

I'm sure my list is shorter...
Psych or Bones, maybe.

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/11 at 11:04 am

I'm sure my list is shorter...
Psych or Bones, maybe.

I was thinking maybe it was Bones...I can totally see Sealy calling someone an ass-hat!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/15/11 at 1:52 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi8jAIQpv0A

;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/11 at 1:58 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi8jAIQpv0A

;D

Karma!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/15/11 at 2:09 pm

Karma!   ;D

Thanks. Karma backatcha.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/16/11 at 12:17 am

Hey carol!  One of the characters on Prime Suspect said asshat tonight.
Maybe that was it.... I know on NYPD blue there was a formula to their writing they used the same phrases over and over again. Maybe prime suspect is doing it too with asshat ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/16/11 at 6:25 am

Hey carol!  One of the characters on Prime Suspect said asshat tonight.
Maybe that was it.... I know on NYPD blue there was a formula to their writing they used the same phrases over and over again. Maybe prime suspect is doing it too with asshat ;D

I dunno, I don't watch that show.  Maybe it's the new "in word" and is being used in different shows, I just know Meg and I both heard it somewhere.

Written By: Howard on 12/16/11 at 6:54 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfqc89i6zsM

Written By: snozberries on 12/16/11 at 2:46 pm

I dunno, I don't watch that show.  Maybe it's the new "in word" and is being used in different shows, I just know Meg and I both heard it somewhere.

well then i guess we're back to thinking it was Bones.  ;D 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/16/11 at 4:33 pm

Every time I see this thread, I giggle a little bit.  I'm used to seeing things like "WWII, A Discussion," or "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars - a Discussion."

But seeing it next to "The F Word" just makes me happy.  :D ;D ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/16/11 at 4:40 pm

Every time I see this thread, I giggle a little bit.  I'm used to seeing things like "WWII, A Discussion," or "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars - a Discussion."

But seeing it next to "The F Word" just makes me happy.   :D ;D ;D

Glad you like it. I thought this thread up one night when I had trouble falling asleep.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/17/11 at 7:31 am

Glad you like it. I thought this thread up one night when I had trouble falling asleep.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

fudge sleep.....just fudgeing post.  :D

Written By: Howard on 12/17/11 at 7:35 am

fudge sleep.....just fudgeing post.  :D

fudge yourself.  :D

Written By: Midas on 12/21/11 at 9:28 pm

I use it a lot more but I'm so f**king tired lately.  A newborn will do that to you.

I noticed my mom uses it a lot more too now that I'm grown up. :D

Written By: Howard on 12/22/11 at 7:23 am

Go "F " yourself.  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/23/11 at 10:33 pm

eSQczYEeB2w

1995's Jesus Vs. Santa was based on 1992's Jesus vs. Frosty, and marked the birth of South Park.

WmS4AzL8fzg

2011's Jesus vs. Santa comes in the form of a rap battle.

As you might imagine from the subject matter of this thread, both of these videos contain coarse language and due to their content they should not be viewed by anyone.

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/12 at 12:38 pm

At the effing play I effing went to last night the effing eff word was effing used practically every other effing word spoken.....it was effing awesome!!!  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/01/12 at 1:41 pm

What about "Asshole" a discussion?  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/01/12 at 1:42 pm

At the effing play I effing went to last night the effing eff word was effing used practically every other effing word spoken.....it was effing awesome!!!  :D

;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/12 at 2:35 pm

What about "Asshole" a discussion?  :D

Apparently we all got new ones... wanna see...

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/01/12 at 7:56 pm

New asshole?  Speaking of Denis Leary...

YC66e7U_BJo

...obligatory F-Bomb: he had the background singers sneak one in at 2:10.

Written By: Howard on 01/02/12 at 3:56 pm

Apparently we all got new ones... wanna see...

wanna see mine?  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/02/12 at 3:58 pm

Ah, no!

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/02/12 at 3:59 pm

HELL... &.... NO

Written By: Howard on 01/02/12 at 4:03 pm

HELL... &.... NO

I didn't think so.

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/02/12 at 10:18 pm

Nope.

By the way, does anyone want a coffee mug?  I know where ya can get one cheap.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/12 at 7:15 am

I found some coffee mugs with the f word on them.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/12 at 8:16 pm

my facebook friend has a friend who lives in Japan. She was in a store and took a pic of this sign advertising a sale in a store there.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/380857_10150449733441487_635176486_9068676_2073215418_n.jpg

;D

Written By: Howard on 01/06/12 at 3:50 pm

my facebook friend has a friend who lives in Japan. She was in a store and took a pic of this sign advertising a sale in a store there.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/380857_10150449733441487_635176486_9068676_2073215418_n.jpg

;D

hilarious!!  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 01/06/12 at 5:01 pm

;D

BEAUTY!

Written By: danootaandme on 01/06/12 at 5:04 pm

I go to the union hall and sometime those guys go on and on with stupid stories, so I bought this and I'm gonna fill it full of taffy, give them something to do with their mouths besides talk stupid

http://www.spencersonline.com/images/spencers/products/interactivezoom/processed/02249522.interactive.b.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/12 at 5:07 pm

I go to the union hall and sometime those guys go on and on with stupid stories, so I bought this and I'm gonna fill it full of taffy, give them something to do with their mouths besides talk stupid

http://www.spencersonline.com/images/spencers/products/interactivezoom/processed/02249522.interactive.b.jpg

NICE!!!! O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/06/12 at 5:47 pm

NICE!!!! O0

I'm sure there are several people you would like to give that to.  ;)

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/12 at 5:57 pm

I'm sure there are several people you would like to give that to.  ;)

Cat

Yeah.... if I think real hard I'm sure I can come with a select few!  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 01/06/12 at 8:16 pm

NICE!!!! O0

Spencer gifts, don't know if you have them around you.

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/12 at 8:22 pm

there's probably one in LA. I know my mom has one in AZ.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/07/12 at 12:19 pm

Although using the word quite often takes away its power somewhat, I also feel like it shouldn't be considered offensive. It is used to convey anger or just make the act of fornication seem sleazier. But denying someone the right to use the word denies him or her the right to share his or her feelings. And besides, anyone who knows what the word means will not suddenly be corrupted by hearing the word again.

Written By: Howard on 01/07/12 at 3:37 pm

;D

Written By: Howard on 01/07/12 at 3:39 pm

http://www.8ball.co.uk/OffensiveT-shirts/Offensivetshirt-fudgeYou.html

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/07/12 at 9:27 pm

If there's one nearby, especially if you're of a certain age, go there, brick and mortar style, and report back to us.

2-3 decades ago, second only to the arcade, Spencer's was the coolest store in the mall.  It was like like a mashup of thinkgeek (strobe lights, infinity mirrors, mechanical clocks) and whatever was current in snarky pop culture, all in one dark blacklit room.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/12 at 7:47 pm

Today I must've cursed so much at the stupid cars in the parking lot that I said just about every curse word in the book.  ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/10/12 at 5:41 pm

What is the ruling on the word "c*cks*cker?"  Does that word fall outside the boundaries of political correctness?

I mean, I use it quite a bit (being a professional truck driver and all) though not as an anti-gay slur. It's just one of those words that feels good to say when you're pissed off, almost as good as the f-word itself.

Surely I can't be the only one here who has called someone a "f*cking c*cks*cker" when cut off in traffic.

Written By: snozberries on 01/10/12 at 6:00 pm

welll let's test it out....

cocksucker
cock sucker

looks like it's approved.  Must be a dude thing tho because I will say (I_am_a_loser_who_has_no_respect_for_women) before I ever say cocksucker....in fact I don't think I've ever actually used the term until right now when I typed it.

Written By: Howard on 01/10/12 at 7:45 pm

welll let's test it out....

cocksucker
cock sucker

looks like it's approved.  Must be a dude thing tho because I will say (I_am_a_loser_who_has_no_respect_for_women) before I ever say cocksucker....in fact I don't think I've ever actually used the term until right now when I typed it.

YAY cocksucker!  :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/11/12 at 11:50 pm

YAY cocksucker!  :D

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p103/aidanski/sub1/cover-up2.jpg

NTTAWWT.

Butt seriously folks, this came up earlier today - a recap of the past few years of the Supreme Court and the FCC going back and forth on the issue of fleeting expletives.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/12/12 at 10:54 am

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p103/aidanski/sub1/cover-up2.jpg

NTTAWWT.

Butt seriously folks, this came up earlier today - a recap of the past few years of the Supreme Court and the FCC going back and forth on the issue of fleeting expletives.

The 1916-1917 Standing Liberty Quarter:

http://www.worthpoint.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/1916-Liberty-Standing-Quarter-300x300.jpg

http://0.tqn.com/d/coins/1/G/9/1/-/-/1917-standing-liberty-quarter-obv-detail-200.jpg

1917-1930

http://www.coinnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/1927-S-Standing-Liberty-Quarter.jpg

Notice the difference?

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/12/12 at 2:32 pm

The 1916-1917 Standing Liberty Quarter:

http://www.worthpoint.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/1916-Liberty-Standing-Quarter-300x300.jpg

http://0.tqn.com/d/coins/1/G/9/1/-/-/1917-standing-liberty-quarter-obv-detail-200.jpg

1917-1930

http://www.coinnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/1927-S-Standing-Liberty-Quarter.jpg

Notice the difference?

Cat

This sculpture is on the front of the Woodmen Accident & Life Building in Lincoln, Nebraska, just across the street from the Nebraska State Capitol.

http://www.archsculptbooks.com/08%20Woodman_Life_1.jpg

When I was a kid I remember all the people in the sculpture were nude but sometime in the 1980s or 90's they knocked the dicks off the father and son and then they took some concrete and put a dress on the woman and pants on the man.

I always thought that was kind of lame.  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/12/12 at 2:47 pm

This sculpture is on the front of the Woodmen Accident & Life Building in Lincoln, Nebraska, just across the street from the Nebraska State Capitol.

When I was a kid I remember all the people in the sculpture were nude but sometime in the 1980s or 90's they knocked the dicks off the father and son and then they took some concrete and put a dress on the woman and pants on the man.

http://soundcloud.com/the-toyes/whats-so-bad-about-a-nipple

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/13/12 at 11:13 pm

Meanwhile, in Japan, the stores were decorated for the New Year's retailing festivities.  The marketing committee observed that in English, the F-bomb is used to denoting superlatives, so what better word to describe a superlatively awesome incredible supersale?  And it even sounds a bit like fukubukuro, the word for the "lucky/mystery bags" of random merchandise being sold by retailers trying to move last year's stock at half price!

What could possibly go wrong?

And then someone made them take all the funny signs down.

Somewhere in Japan, there's a kid who is going to remember this week, and in 2038, will say something akin to "I always thought that was kind of lame" on whatever we'll be using for Internet message boards.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/14/12 at 12:21 am

If there's one nearby, especially if you're of a certain age, go there, brick and mortar style, and report back to us.

2-3 decades ago, second only to the arcade, Spencer's was the coolest store in the mall.  It was like like a mashup of thinkgeek (strobe lights, infinity mirrors, mechanical clocks) and whatever was current in snarky pop culture, all in one dark blacklit room.

I still think Spencer's is the coolest store in the mall!  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/14/12 at 12:22 am

What is the ruling on the word "c*cks*cker?"  Does that word fall outside the boundaries of political correctness?

I mean, I use it quite a bit (being a professional truck driver and all) though not as an anti-gay slur. It's just one of those words that feels good to say when you're pissed off, almost as good as the f-word itself.

Surely I can't be the only one here who has called someone a "f*cking c*cks*cker" when cut off in traffic.

My ex-husband used it in much the same way. 

It's kinda funny.  I think that's why it's appealing.  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/14/12 at 12:24 am

That's fudgeed up.

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/12 at 9:51 am

Meanwhile, in Japan, the stores were decorated for the New Year's retailing festivities.  The marketing committee observed that in English, the F-bomb is used to denoting superlatives, so what better word to describe a superlatively awesome incredible supersale?  And it even sounds a bit like fukubukuro, the word for the "lucky/mystery bags" of random merchandise being sold by retailers trying to move last year's stock at half price!

What could possibly go wrong?

And then someone made them take all the funny signs down.

Somewhere in Japan, there's a kid who is going to remember this week, and in 2038, will say something akin to "I always thought that was kind of lame" on whatever we'll be using for Internet message boards.

that's what I posted here...  ;D

;D

Written By: Fairee07 on 01/21/12 at 11:07 am

I think I use that word at least once a day. Fc uk even when I'm not mad and just excited about something, I'll  use that fc uking word. Example, "Aw, that is so fc uking cute!" I think I like that word so much that I have been tempted to buy someithing from FCUK just for its logo.     

Written By: Howard on 01/21/12 at 7:54 pm

Ah go F yourself.  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/12 at 11:49 am

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-last-word/46050050

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/22/12 at 1:53 pm

Cat

;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/22/12 at 2:08 pm

Cat

Nice slam of the parents tv council

Written By: 80sfan on 01/22/12 at 5:22 pm

I only use it when something like my fingers get stuck between the car door or something!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/23/12 at 6:56 am

I use the F word all the time, It runs in the family.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/12 at 3:53 pm

The f-bomb jumped the shark whenever a law firm, Morrison Foerster,  decided to brand itself as "MoFo" and got the website www.MoFo.com.  :P

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/07/12 at 12:48 am

VjHUTE0phDE

If I gad the copyright on the word 'F*bleep*k',
It would roll off my tongue like water off a duck,
4-letter word usages perfectly honed,
I could retire on New York alone.

- Carla Ulbrich, Professional Smart Aleck, If I Had The Copyright On The Word 'F*bleep*k', 2005.

Written By: Howard on 04/07/12 at 6:56 am

VjHUTE0phDE

If I gad the copyright on the word 'F*bleep*k',
It would roll off my tongue like water off a duck,
4-letter word usages perfectly honed,
I could retire on New York alone.

- Carla Ulbrich, Professional Smart Aleck, If I Had The Copyright On The Word 'F*bleep*k', 2005.

that's so funny!  ;D

Written By: ninny on 04/07/12 at 8:12 am

I say it when I'm pissed. I yelled at Missy about it because she says it too much, and she told me "I learned it from you two." Daniel went through a phase around 2 where he was saying it if he was mad or didn't get his way. Most little kids say it kinda cute, but I actually think he knew what he was saying :-\\ He hasn't said it in about 4-5 months now.

Written By: Howard on 04/07/12 at 7:30 pm

I say it because I'm aggravated.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/08/12 at 9:21 pm

and she told me "I learned it from you two."

Public Service Announcement from 1987:

Y-Elr5K2Vuo

You sure that kid doesn't have a time machine?

Written By: ninny on 04/09/12 at 10:00 pm

Public Service Announcement from 1987:

Y-Elr5K2Vuo

You sure that kid doesn't have a time machine?

Nice, :) I remember that

Written By: Howard on 04/10/12 at 7:01 am

Do f--ks fly? So why do they say "I don't give a flying f--k"?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/10/12 at 9:18 am

Yes they do.  I have sat next to several of them on airplanes. 

Written By: Howard on 04/10/12 at 2:19 pm

Yes they do.  I have sat next to several of them on airplanes.

and I'd bet you'd like to curse them out.  ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/10/12 at 4:51 pm

I think that came from the expression, "Why don't you take a flying f--k at a rolling doughnut?"

Which, if you close your eyes and imagine someone actually trying to do that, is quite hilarious. ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/10/12 at 4:56 pm

I think that came from the expression, "Why don't you take a flying f--k at a rolling doughnut?"

Which, if you close your eyes and imagine someone actually trying to do that, is quite hilarious. ;D

I've never heard that expression before...but I like it.  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/10/12 at 9:56 pm

Every time I see the title of this thread, it makes me laugh sofa king hard.  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 04/10/12 at 10:07 pm

Every time I see the title of this thread, it makes me laugh sofa king hard.  ;D

;D

Written By: Howard on 04/11/12 at 7:14 am

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Sze9mWNOy4g/TqYseVEt93I/AAAAAAAAA4w/8SAYpd7s7AI/s1600/middle+finger.jpg

This is what I have to say about this thread^  :P

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/11/12 at 9:52 am

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Sze9mWNOy4g/TqYseVEt93I/AAAAAAAAA4w/8SAYpd7s7AI/s1600/middle+finger.jpg

Dang!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/11/12 at 10:27 am

Well, considering how often you posted it in.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/11/12 at 4:16 pm

Ah F U D G E !

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/11/12 at 4:38 pm

I've never heard that expression before...but I like it.  ;)

I saw it in a Kurt Vonnegut book a while back.  I've also heard people in old movies from the 1940's and 50's say "Why don't you take a flying leap?" which I'm almost certain is just a bowdlerized version of "Why don't you take a flying f--k at a rolling doughnut?"

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the expression originated from some game played at frat houses.  :o :o :o

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/12/12 at 1:48 am

I saw it in a Kurt Vonnegut book a while back.  I've also heard people in old movies from the 1940's and 50's say "Why don't you take a flying leap?" which I'm almost certain is just a bowdlerized version of "Why don't you take a flying f--k at a rolling doughnut?"

I seriously wasn't expecting to go here, but as long as the feathers are flying, here's the closest I think we'll ever get to dropping an F-bomb on a TV-Y ("All ages 2 and older and older") rated show.  When Fluttershy flaunted the fact that "there's things that nopony gives a flying feather about", I felt flabbergasted!

V9fw546hMm0
  - Season 2, Episode 19, Putting Your Hoof Down, time index 15:43-15:16:00.

Here's the foulest fifteen seconds of footage filched from the friggin' feed. No fooling!

Written By: Bobby on 05/01/12 at 6:34 pm

I went with 'occasionally', most of the time my swearing occurs at work because the place drives me around the twist. I let off steam just after work walking home with my mate tonight by going into a big massive swearing rant about the state of things. Sadly, swearing works where normal logic can't apply, lol.

Written By: Howard on 05/01/12 at 7:51 pm

Fudge?

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/02/12 at 12:25 am

Fudge?

Not exactly the word we're looking for.  Hmm...

9qtZ24kiLr0

Fixed that for you!

Written By: Bobby on 05/03/12 at 7:14 am

Fudge?

I do like that F word very much. Though I did make myself sick from eating too much of it some time back, lol.

Written By: Howard on 05/03/12 at 7:27 am

I do like that F word very much. Though I did make myself sick from eating too much of it some time back, lol.

I like fudge too.

Written By: Howard on 05/03/12 at 7:30 am

I used to substitute the "F" word for something else.

Written By: karen on 05/03/12 at 2:22 pm

:-\\

the mind boggles

Written By: Bobby on 05/03/12 at 5:09 pm

I would quite often use the word 'frig', lol. As in 'Friggin' hell' or 'What the frig are you on about?'

It pretty much means the same thing as f**k.

Written By: Howard on 05/04/12 at 7:11 am

I would quite often use the word 'frig', lol. As in 'Friggin' hell' or 'What the frig are you on about?'

It pretty much means the same thing as f**k.

like fudge,frack or frick.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/04/12 at 11:28 pm

RIP MCA.

It wasn't Time To Get Ill.

Fark cancer. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/10/12 at 1:49 am

Frequently....

But it all goes to time, place, and manner.  I don't use it in public and I don't use it in mixed company.  I also don't say when I'm in an angry argument.

Check for new replies or respond here...