inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Adopting a different carol as my favorite!

Written By: loki 13 on 12/24/11 at 10:14 am

Since I was child my favorite Christms Carol was The Carol Of The Bells. It is so gloriously depressing. When done correctly, with choir, the
macabre sound is almost of horror movie quality. The Carol has been transfromed since it was used in Home Alone and Trans Siberian Orchestra;
coupled with my second favorite carol, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, made it hit. Now I can't turn on the TV without hearing some b!@##$dized
version hawking everything from automobiles to zagnut bars. From a woman singing, ring dinga ding, ring dinga ding, ring ring me up
to honking horns to the tune.....I've had it.

My adopted new favorite Carol.....I Saw Three Ships, simply because not many people know of the song and it doesn't get overplayed.

Subject: Re: Adopting a different carol as my favorite!

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/24/11 at 10:32 am

Since I was child my favorite Christms Carol was The Carol Of The Bells. It is so gloriously depressing. When done correctly, with choir, the
macabre sound is almost of horror movie quality. The Carol has been transfromed since it was used in Home Alone and Trans Siberian Orchestra;
coupled with my second favorite carol, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, made it hit. Now I can't turn on the TV without hearing some b!@##$dized
version hawking everything from automobiles to zagnut bars. From a woman singing, ring dinga ding, ring dinga ding, ring ring me up

My adopted new favorite Carol.....I Saw Three Ships, simply because not many people know of the song and it doesn't get overplayed.

:\'( :\'(

I thought I was your favorite Carol!!!  ;D

I actually love this song.

Written By: loki 13 on 12/24/11 at 10:48 am

You are, I meant to write 2nd favo, no wait what I meant was, oh damn. Here I stand...embarrassingly...corrected.  :-[

Written By: snozberries on 12/24/11 at 10:50 am

I was about to post the same thing!  ;D 

After spending 20 yrs in Retail I really, really hate christmas music. I have 3 cds that I can listen to.... Out of nostalgia  The Jackson 5 and The Supremes Christmas.  I had them as LPs when I was a kid (actually I still have the albums) and have played them mercilessly!  My faves are still Someday at Christmas & Give Love on Christmas Day (J5)  and My Christmas Tree ( Supremes ).  I also still, occasionally listen to a cd I got when I worked at a kids store in the mid 90s  Joanie Bartels Christmas Magic... I wanna Hippopotamus for Christmas and Wouldn't It Be Fun to be Santa Claus' Son are fun songs. 

So far tho I haven't played any of them this year. In the car I've heard two J5 christmas songs so that put me close to in the mood...I'll probably listen to them at least once this weekend...maybe.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/24/11 at 11:26 am

I always have enjoyed "I Saw Three Ships"  - I also Love "Here we Come a Wassailing"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/24/11 at 3:07 pm

This is my favorite (well, second favorite.  ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO4u-N_VGJY

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/24/11 at 3:43 pm

This is my favorite (well, second favorite.  ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO4u-N_VGJY

Cat

I love Peter, Paul and Mary!!!!!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/24/11 at 4:03 pm

that's a good song                  ^  I just listened to this Celtic lady's version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpUAZso3Gck

my personal fav is Merry Christmas Darling - The Carpenters

Written By: whistledog on 12/24/11 at 5:14 pm

I always liked 'I Saw Three Ships'.  It's a great song, really no matter who sings it.

My fave is from 1973:  'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday' by Wizzard. 
I am always sad when Christmas is over, and I truly wish it was the holiday season all year round

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoxQ4Ul_DME&ob=av2e

Check for new replies or respond here...