inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whatcha doin' New Years eve?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/31/11 at 2:42 pm

and so passes 2011. is anyone celebrating, going out, or are you staying home where it's warm and cozy & safe?
nothing too exciting for us. we're going for italian food at Pasta Pomodoro, our friends daughter is waitress and she'll take good care of us, then back to our place, maybe play some cards, watch a movie, and then toast at midnight while watching the countdown to 2012 as the ball drops at Times Square.

Subject: Re: Whatcha doin' New Years eve?

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/31/11 at 2:47 pm

No plans, we are currently trying to decide what we're going to have for dinner.  I'll watch some Twilight Zone and go to sleep.  I really hate New Years Eve.  ;D

Have a good time tonight.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/31/11 at 2:48 pm

Going to the Party of the Year-like we have for the last several years. Good food, good company, dancing, good time. Looking forward to it-like I always do.

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/31/11 at 2:57 pm

No plans, we are currently trying to decide what we're going to have for dinner.  I'll watch some Twilight Zone and go to sleep.  I really hate New Years Eve.  ;D

Have a good time tonight.
thanks, you too Carol

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/31/11 at 2:58 pm

Going to the Party of the Year-like we have for the last several years. Good food, good company, dancing, good time. Looking forward to it-like I always do.

Cat
good food is a must  ::)  sounds like lots of fun Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/11 at 5:04 pm

Going to a play in LA starring an actress from Buffy. Then attending the NYE After party the cast /crew is throwing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/31/11 at 5:13 pm

Home with my family, just a quiet affair.

Subject:

Written By: Dude111 on 12/31/11 at 5:39 pm

Not doing much really,i usually goto sleep and dont watch the ball anyway http://www.inthe00s.com/Themes/core/images/post/grin.gif

Written By: nally on 12/31/11 at 7:52 pm

One thing I'm gonna do is help prepare a special french toast breakfast, which has been a New Year's tradition in my family since we first made it in 1998. (We'd found the recipe for it in the L.A. Times and decided to try it out.)

Written By: Howard on 01/01/12 at 7:19 am

Just a quiet night at home, no parties or whatever just watched The Big Bang Theory marathon and going to sleep.

Written By: Henk on 01/01/12 at 9:15 am

We didn't do anything special either. Spent the evening at my father's (with my sister and brother), watching some music show on German television while eating (traditional oliebollen and appelflappen) and talking/reminiscing.

Went to church this morning (as is our habit on every New Year's Day). In spite of it being Sunday, it wasn't exactly what I'd call crowded (congregation of about 50).

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/12 at 9:45 am

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I HAD THE BEST NEW YEARS EVER!!!!!!!!!   

I'm so exhausted but it was so worth going!!! I love Juliet Landau! She's amazing!!!!
The play was fantastic!  Then hanging out afterwards. She told us some great stories... we talked a little about Buffy but mostly we all just hung.  She left to talk to another group then her hubby  came over and started telling us stories about her dad. It was awesome!!! 

She gave us a DVD set one  dvd is a doc about Gary Oldman making a doc on a band it's called What's on Gary Oldman's Cell Phone.... I've got to watch that this weekend (meaning tues, wed or thurs)  it also included a dvd of Juliet interviewing some of the buffy actors....CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THAT!!!!

I got home close to 230... only got just about 4 hrs sleep and am working upwards to a 14 hr day today... I would do it all again the night was so amazing. 

The documentary is actually called Take Flight http://julietlandaustakeflight.com/ and it's a behind the scenes look at Gary Oldmen's creative process as he shoots a music video for a Jewish Hip Hop group, Chutzpah, the entire music video is shot via the cameras on Nokia cell phones.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/12 at 12:46 pm

Had a nice time last night-which I need I would. These people are so super nice and man, do they put on a spread. (There is a pic of them in the Show Us Your Friends thread.) Of course there was dancing. There are a group (including the host & hostess) who are into tango so they did a lot of tangoing. The host got my SIL to do a tango, too. I didn't tango this year but last year was my very first. They FINALLY played a waltz so Charlie & I FINALLY got to dance our waltz. This was a fast and we haven't waltzed in a LONG time and man, did we feel it. We must do that more.

There didn't seem to be as many people as there have been in past years. The guy who usually shows up in a full Scottish regalia wasn't there this year. We were kind of disappointed because we wanted SIL to see that.  :D :D ;D ;D ;D  And my massage therapist didn't show up either. (He is usually with the tango group). My former philosophy teacher was there-as usual. (Another tango person). He is also a former colleague of Charlie's & our host.

After midnight, it is tradition for a group of people to go out on the porch and smoke cigars & drink brandy. This is Charlie's favorite part and for the past several years, he has brought his own cigar. (One year no one went out so he came home and smoked his cigar along.) It was funny last night because he was so anxious but no one else was ready. He was just sitting around waiting, and waiting, and waiting. FINALLY, people started going out-men & women. Yeah, I do have a little of Charlie's cigar.  ;D ;D ;D It started getting cold out there so SIL & I went inside. We were basically ready to go home but Charlie was still out there with his cigar. We finally got him to leave about 1:30.

The drive home was a bit scary because it was wicked foggy last night.

The most amazing thing about last night was that I had just a fantastic hair day. SIL did a half up/half down on my hair and it just looked outstanding! I wear my hair like that a lot but sometimes I just can't get it right by myself.

Good time as always. Now, only 366 days left until the next party.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/01/12 at 8:38 pm

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk69/dumski_2008/party-fails-after-what-every-new-years-comes-down-to.jpg

So I hung out here last night. (And I LOL'd at the "DJ D-Bag spins nonstop Dubstep and takes no requests!" line :) Deal with it!

Written By: karen on 01/02/12 at 10:42 am

See my full length report in the January thread.

for the evening itself we had a meal, did a panto, played some games and had a drink or two

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/07/12 at 12:23 pm

I hung out with my girlfriend! She spent the night, but my allergies caused me to snore which caused her to stay up which caused her to move around a lot which caused me to wake up. It was a hard night. :D

Written By: Henk on 01/08/12 at 1:07 am

I hung out with my girlfriend! She spent the night, but my allergies caused me to snore which caused her to stay up which caused her to move around a lot which caused me to wake up. It was a hard night. :D

So that's what it's called nowadays... ::) Hard to keep up with those youngsters! :D

Written By: Howard on 01/08/12 at 3:52 pm

Did you take your allergy medicine?

Check for new replies or respond here...