inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When the zombies come MARCHing here this year, oh my! oh my!

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/12 at 2:48 am

I know it's only Feb 28th but the fact that there's 29 days in Feb this year is a sure sign the apocalypse is a-coming! I mean... 29 days in Feb?!?!? Who ever heard of such a thing...that's never happened in the history of the world or like ever!  :D

seriously tho... you know the drilll....... whacha doin?

http://www.theitsaliveshow.com/1zombiegif.gifhttp://www.theitsaliveshow.com/1zombiegif.gifhttp://www.theitsaliveshow.com/1zombiegif.gifhttp://www.theitsaliveshow.com/1zombiegif.gifhttp://www.theitsaliveshow.com/1zombiegif.gifhttp://www.theitsaliveshow.com/1zombiegif.gifhttp://www.theitsaliveshow.com/1zombiegif.gifhttp://www.theitsaliveshow.com/1zombiegif.gifhttp://www.theitsaliveshow.com/1zombiegif.gifhttp://www.theitsaliveshow.com/1zombiegif.gifhttp://www.theitsaliveshow.com/1zombiegif.gifhttp://www.theitsaliveshow.com/1zombiegif.gifhttp://www.theitsaliveshow.com/1zombiegif.gifhttp://www.theitsaliveshow.com/1zombiegif.gif

Subject: Re: When the zombies come MARCHing here this year, oh my! oh my!

Written By: ladybug316 on 02/28/12 at 6:57 am

OOOOH!  I love these Marching Zombies!  March is my birthday month and I'm gearing up for some unexpected snow storms. (NY has had a really mild winter and has lulled most into a false sense of security).  I, however, know that March is a bitch with many surprises  :)

Written By: Howard on 02/28/12 at 7:00 am

In just a few weeks is my 38th birthday and hopefully within the next few weeks I can trade in my PS2 for a PS3 console so I can play the new WWE 12. And yes at my age I still play video games.

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/29/12 at 11:03 pm

Getting ready for softball season, I finally stop being a hermit and have a bit of a social life.  ;D

I am also reading The Zombie Survival Guide.  Really, I am...and so is Megan.  Ahhh, a new generation of zombie enthusiasts!

Written By: karen on 03/01/12 at 2:01 am

White rabbit
pinch, punch first of the month - no returns

etc etc

Today is World Book Day and James has to dress up as his favourite book character for school.  He is dressing as Hiccup Haddock somethingorother the Third from How To Tame Your Dragon.  This is particularly apt as one of the free books available with a voucher is a short chapter on how to tame your dragon - written specially for world book day.

Tonight dai and I are going with Elizabeth and James to Jaems's scout meeting to help cook pancakes.  The female leader was away last week and the three male leaders didn't trust themselves to organise any form of cooking without her around, so that's why we are doing them this week.

Written By: snozberries on 03/01/12 at 9:09 am

Getting ready for softball season, I finally stop being a hermit and have a bit of a social life.  ;D

I am also reading The Zombie Survival Guide.  Really, I am...and so is Megan.  Ahhh, a new generation of zombie enthusiasts!

You just reminded me I need to revive the walking dead thread!
How's the survival guide?

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/01/12 at 9:13 am

You just reminded me I need to revive the walking dead thread!
How's the survival guide?

It's pretty good, haven't gotten too far into it yet.

Some interesting stuff happening on The Walking Dead!!

Written By: snozberries on 03/01/12 at 9:23 am

It's pretty good, haven't gotten too far into it yet.

Some interesting stuff happening on The Walking Dead!!

I KNOW!!!!  :o

Oh.....I'm in la.
Paleyfest officially starts tomorrow.
It's gonna be interesting.
My friend let another of my friends stay so I have no downtime.  At least I have my own room!
The terrorist (my friends dog) takes great pleasure in chasing Effie all over the damn house. Poor eff she just wants to find somewhere peaceful to relax but has to stay onguard at all times  :-\\
The dog doesn't attack her- not aggressively, but she does play rough and she's about 5x bigger than Ef. 
Hopefully psycho puppy calms down soon. Nothing like an add mutt to make you appreciate how crazy your own dog is not.

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/01/12 at 10:25 am

OOOOH!  I love these Marching Zombies!  March is my birthday month and I'm gearing up for some unexpected snow storms. (NY has had a really mild winter and has lulled most into a false sense of security).  I, however, know that March is a bitch with many surprises  :)
;D ;D ;D

I feel the same way!

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/01/12 at 10:29 am

I KNOW!!!!  :o

Oh.....I'm in la.
Paleyfest officially starts tomorrow.
It's gonna be interesting.
My friend let another of my friends stay so I have no downtime.  At least I have my own room!
The terrorist (my friends dog) takes great pleasure in chasing Effie all over the damn house. Poor eff she just wants to find somewhere peaceful to relax but has to stay onguard at all times  :-\\
The dog doesn't attack her- not aggressively, but she does play rough and she's about 5x bigger than Ef. 
Hopefully psycho puppy calms down soon. Nothing like an add mutt to make you appreciate how crazy your own dog is not.
I hope it is enjoyable for you and Effie finds a place to call her own... 

8)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/01/12 at 10:42 am

Tried Red Bull today....It must be me, but it didn't do much, my house isn't any cleaner

Written By: Jessica on 03/01/12 at 10:53 am

Tried Red Bull today....It must be me, but it didn't do much, my house isn't any cleaner

I was pissed when I didn't grow wings.

Written By: nally on 03/01/12 at 1:20 pm

So this morning the H.R. director returned my phone call and said that they've selected someone for the position of Admin Assistant which I interviewed for two weeks ago. The person they selected was one who had "qualifications that best meet the needs" of the position. But they did gladly thank me for my interest in the position.

Written By: snozberries on 03/01/12 at 1:33 pm

sorry you didn't get the job jeff but every interview is a chance to learn for the next one.

Written By: snozberries on 03/01/12 at 1:35 pm

once offered to split a warm red bull with someone.... my half got poured in a cup.....the similarities to warm red bull and a urine sample are astounding  8-P    I've never been able to drink it again.

I was pissed when I didn't grow wings.

;D

Written By: nally on 03/01/12 at 1:37 pm

That's true, and I have been continuing to search for other positions, and making applications whenever possible.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/01/12 at 2:55 pm

So this morning the H.R. director returned my phone call and said that they've selected someone for the position of Admin Assistant which I interviewed for two weeks ago. The person they selected was one who had "qualifications that best meet the needs" of the position. But they did gladly thank me for my interest in the position.

Sorry you didn't get the job.  Better luck next time!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/01/12 at 3:03 pm

once offered to split a warm red bull with someone.... my half got poured in a cup.....the similarities to warm red bull and a urine sample are astounding  8-P    I've never been able to drink it again.

;D

Never had any of those drinks. One time when we were coming home after visiting my mother, we stopped at a convenient store-just to get something to nibble on & some drinks. Carlos gets one of those energy drinks. This was about 8 p.m. & we were about an hour from home. I told him not to get it because it claimed to keep you up for 5 hours. That would have been great.  ::) He just had a regular soda-which has caffeine in it, too but not as much as those drinks.

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/01/12 at 3:49 pm

;D
:o

ummmmmmmmm when..... :-\\

:-[

nevermind  :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/01/12 at 4:00 pm

Home with a sick kid, fever....  took her to dr. we are on a z-pack.... 

My husband is still suffering from daily attacks of utecaria/hives... Despite the daily dose of allegra, he's taken 2 rounds (1 short burst and 1 long burst ) of prednisone and he is great as long as he is on it, then he is back to scratching himself raw.  At night he looks like he has been whipped with a leather belt, he has soo many welts on his body.  When we went away last weekend, he did it too; so I don't believe it is work (thought he might be allergic to the pig dander, but he has to shower in and out all the time).  We have not changed products, it is just craziness for the past 3-4 months.  UGGGHHH  They want to test him for intestinal parasites  :-\\

:P

:D

where did all the other smileys go???? I want the one with his hands up in the air screaming and running away

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/01/12 at 4:00 pm

That's true, and I have been continuing to search for other positions, and making applications whenever possible.
Keep trying

Written By: wildcard on 03/01/12 at 5:07 pm

it;s been raining all day on and off.  I just looked up a little while ago, water lilies will go dormant in my area.  I'm ready to try a water lily in my pond now.  vegetable oil doesn't seem to hurt plants if I did still have to use a little to kill possible mosquito larva. A little might not hurt a water lily.  Think I got a pond idea here.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/01/12 at 5:52 pm

Home with a sick kid, fever....  took her to dr. we are on a z-pack.... 

My husband is still suffering from daily attacks of utecaria/hives... Despite the daily dose of allegra, he's taken 2 rounds (1 short burst and 1 long burst ) of prednisone and he is great as long as he is on it, then he is back to scratching himself raw.  At night he looks like he has been whipped with a leather belt, he has soo many welts on his body.  When we went away last weekend, he did it too; so I don't believe it is work (thought he might be allergic to the pig dander, but he has to shower in and out all the time).  We have not changed products, it is just craziness for the past 3-4 months.  UGGGHHH  They want to test him for intestinal parasites  :-\\

:P

where did all the other smileys go???? I want the one with his hands up in the air screaming and running away

Has he ever been tested for lyme disease?  My sister suffered with hives, one time so bad her hand got swollen and her wedding ring had to be cut off, tested for everything finally her doctor tested her for lyme disease.  BINGO!!

Hope the little kiddo and the big kiddo feel better soon!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/01/12 at 6:16 pm

Has he ever been tested for lyme disease?  My sister suffered with hives, one time so bad her hand got swollen and her wedding ring had to be cut off, tested for everything finally her doctor tested her for lyme disease.  BINGO!!

Hope the little kiddo and the big kiddo feel better soon!!
Nope, probably wasn't even a thought as this started the end of December/early January (not much thought given to tick's in Iowa then).  But it is something.  First I just thought it was his winter itchiness, dry skin with psoriasis.  NOW not...  it could be something like a yeast infection as well.  I am trying to talk him into going back into the doc...  that will take me another 4 weeks.

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/01/12 at 6:21 pm

it;s been raining all day on and off.  I just looked up a little while ago, water lilies will go dormant in my area.  I'm ready to try a water lily in my pond now.  vegetable oil doesn't seem to hurt plants if I did still have to use a little to kill possible mosquito larva. A little might not hurt a water lily.  Think I got a pond idea here.
why don't you just get Bt (Bacillus thuringensis) dunks, or mosquito dunks. It is a natural bacteria that kills mosquito larvae and they are not that expensive.  Or we use goldfish in our tanks outside, or any other mosquito eating fish, as long as some shade and moving water they thrive.

Written By: Howard on 03/01/12 at 7:26 pm

and you thought you would wings?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/01/12 at 7:27 pm

I'm sorry you didn't get the position.

Written By: wildcard on 03/01/12 at 7:36 pm

why don't you just get Bt (Bacillus thuringensis) dunks, or mosquito dunks. It is a natural bacteria that kills mosquito larvae and they are not that expensive.  Or we use goldfish in our tanks outside, or any other mosquito eating fish, as long as some shade and moving water they thrive.

guess I could, vegetable oil works though.  All my mother could offer to me when the larve first appeared was bleech.  I found about the vegetable oil on my own and in garden forums.  I seem to be going online trying to find whatever feeling I have no idea what I'm doing a lot of the time.  Yes, the dunks might be better if I get a plant.  Fish need moving water and the lillies need still water, I cant seem to keep the pond water moving with a solar pump, so fish are out of the question unless I want to try bettas because they breathe air, but I don't know if they'll eat mosquiteos or not.  Frogs? If  I can get something that will eat the larve I think that would be cool .( don't know what my mom would think ) I wouldn't want anything eating the butterflies I'm trying to attract.

Written By: nally on 03/01/12 at 11:03 pm

I'm sorry you did get the position.

Howard, I said I did NOT get the position.

Not to worry, there are other job positions out there that might be suitable for me. Like I said, I'm going to keep looking; something will be out there for me.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/01/12 at 11:06 pm

Nope, probably wasn't even a thought as this started the end of December/early January (not much thought given to tick's in Iowa then).  But it is something.  First I just thought it was his winter itchiness, dry skin with psoriasis.  NOW not...  it could be something like a yeast infection as well.  I am trying to talk him into going back into the doc...  that will take me another 4 weeks.

when my sister was diagnosed I did some reading, some people don't show any signs of the illness until months later.  Couldn't hurt to have him tested.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/01/12 at 11:08 pm

Not to worry, there are other job positions out there that might be suitable for me. Like I said, I'm going to keep looking; something will be out there for me.

I'm 100% sure that was a typo...why would he be sorry that you got the job?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/01/12 at 11:10 pm

Considering Howard started the post off saying "I'm sorry" I'm pretty sure he knew you didn't get and the "not" was an accidental omission.

Written By: Tam on 03/02/12 at 1:23 am

More horrid storms heading our way tomorrow. Anyone on the board sin the Ohio Valley and outlying areas, please stay safe.

I am completely addicted to Pinterest! Every recipe I have gotten lately has come from there and I have even turned my blog into a pinterest post! My recipes (more like concoctions) I have wrote in my blog and then pinned. I can't believe how many people have shared them! :o Now, whether they have used them or not is another story. LOL

Yep, other than that, all is quiet on the homefront!

oOo wait! I forgot to tell y'all about my new duvet cover!
It is from Ikea. We don't have an Ikea here. The closest one is 184 miles away.
So I racked my brain trying to figure out how I was going to get it, since you can't buy textiles from Ikea online.
(Correction: you can buy them from ikeamarketplace.com however they mark the price up by $20+ and then charge ridiculous shipping!)
I finally broke down and decided to be a pain in the arse and ask a friend if she wouldn't mind helping me out.
Of course, this friend also had to have paypal - the quickest way to send money imo.
Well, let me tell you!!!!!!!!!!!
Her and her husband were all over it!
They went about 30 miles out of their way to help me!
And they found Girl Scout cookies and a great little restaurant to get some pretty awesome soup!!!
Then she mailed it to me on Monday and I received it on Wednesday!!!!
She is AMAZING!!!!!!! (Her husband is alright too ;) )

Thank You Jessica and Kin!!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Written By: karen on 03/02/12 at 2:01 am

Last night we went to James's Cub meeting to help them cook pancakes.  It worked pretty well apart from we kept setting off the smoke alarm!

And in other news

my kitchen curtains are finished

we plan to hang them this weeknd

Written By: Henk on 03/02/12 at 5:45 am

Only one night away from what I hope to be THE event of the year...school reunion!

Written By: Howard on 03/02/12 at 6:47 am

keep looking I'm sure you'll find something.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/12 at 6:48 am

I'm 100% sure that was a typo...why would he be sorry that you got the job?  ;D

I said I was sorry he didn't get picked.

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/02/12 at 7:08 am

Last night we went to James's Cub meeting to help them cook pancakes.  It worked pretty well apart from we kept setting off the smoke alarm!

And in other news

my kitchen curtains are finished

we plan to hang them this weeknd
It will be sorta sad...  :-\\

I can't remind you of them anymore  :D

I hope they are all you wanted!  Me I get the fabric and by the time I am anywhere near liking them (usually a couple years later) I want something else ...  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/02/12 at 8:34 am

I said I was sorry he didn't get picked.

No, what you said was this...

I'm sorry you did get the position.

Written By: Henk on 03/02/12 at 9:23 am

Amazing! Howard didn't even modify his original post. ;D

Written By: karen on 03/02/12 at 10:24 am

It will be sorta sad...  :-\\

I can't remind you of them anymore  :D

I hope they are all you wanted!  Me I get the fabric and by the time I am anywhere near liking them (usually a couple years later) I want something else ...  ;D

Now Dai will also have to find something else to nag me about!

I am still a little nervous about the fabric because it is a very bold pattern  :-\\

Written By: nally on 03/02/12 at 11:27 am

keep looking I'm sure you'll find something.

Yep; even if it means having to learn some new skills, which I am completely open to doing.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/02/12 at 11:31 am

Crazy weather here...storms, wind, hail and tornadoes in the area. Kids got out of school early because of the weather.  We're not supposed to have tornadoes in the mountains of Southwest Virginia!!!  I guess we'll be camping out in the basement for the rest of the day and night.

Hopefully we don't lose power cause my kids would freak out and drive me nuts in the process.  They wouldn't know what to do with out T.V. or computers for an extended period of time, especially if they're stuck in the house.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/02/12 at 11:42 am

Crazy weather here...storms, wind, hail and tornadoes in the area. Kids got out of school early because of the weather.  We're not supposed to have tornadoes in the mountains of Southwest Virginia!!!  I guess we'll be camping out in the basement for the rest of the day and night.

Hopefully we don't lose power cause my kids would freak out and drive me nuts in the process.  They wouldn't know what to do with out T.V. or computers for an extended period of time, especially if they're stuck in the house.

Stay safe.

Cat

Written By: Tam on 03/02/12 at 12:00 pm

Carol - stay safe my friend.
I am on the Western TN/KY border and the wind here so far today is pretty crazy.
The sun is shining which of course only adds to the eeriness!
We are under tornado watch until 6pm and only one small storm so far this morning.
Please keep us posted.
<3

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/02/12 at 12:31 pm

I am on the Western TN/KY border and the wind here so far today is pretty crazy.
We are under tornado watch until 6pm and only one small storm so far this morning.
Please keep us posted.
<3

What I said to Carol goes the same for you-stay safe.

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/02/12 at 12:56 pm

Stay safe.

Cat

Thanks! Gonna try!  Got the flashlights ready, blankets and pillows in the basement and a radio.

Please keep us posted.
<3

You stay safe also!!  Weird weather, for sure.  Half of the sky is sunny and the other part is pitch black coming in from the west!

Written By: snozberries on 03/02/12 at 1:01 pm

Tam-  where I'm staying is approx 2 miles from ikea Burbank. I drive by it every day on my way to Paleyfest!!!!  & stay safe!!!

Carol you stay safe also.

Karen- 'bout damn time  :D I was afraid they would be out of style by the time u finshed them.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/02/12 at 1:23 pm

Tam-  where I'm staying is approx 2 miles from ikea Burbank. I drive by it every day on my way to Paleyfest!!!!  & stay safe!!!

Carol you stay safe also.

Karen- 'bout damn time  :D I was afraid they would be out of style by the time u finshed them.

What do you mean out of style? They could have gone out of style and came back in before they were finished.  ;)

Just kidding, Karen. Glad you finally finished them.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 03/02/12 at 4:14 pm

What do you mean out of style? They could have gone out of style and came back in before they were finished.  ;)

Just kidding, Karen. Glad you finally finished them.

Cat

;D

True

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/02/12 at 4:52 pm

Now Dai will also have to find something else to nag me about!

I am still a little nervous about the fabric because it is a very bold pattern  :-\\
But hey onto something new!!!  8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/02/12 at 5:12 pm

Thanks! Gonna try!  Got the flashlights ready, blankets and pillows in the basement and a radio.
You stay safe also!!  Weird weather, for sure.  Half of the sky is sunny and the other part is pitch black coming in from the west!
board games????  I would definitely be playing some monopoly, clue or at least uno O0

stay safe

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/02/12 at 5:13 pm

Please keep us posted.
<3
stay safe too!

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/02/12 at 7:04 pm

Jeez!  Everyone, please stay safe!  As I said in my original post here, March is a bitch!  ;D

Written By: wildcard on 03/02/12 at 7:22 pm

stay safe all

There's a pollen warning where I'm at.  Guess what I have today?

Written By: Howard on 03/02/12 at 7:24 pm

Oh boy I meant "didn't" I typed too fast.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/12 at 7:24 pm

Amazing! Howard didn't even modify his original post. ;D

I'll try to do it now.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/12 at 7:26 pm

stay safe Carol.

Written By: Tam on 03/02/12 at 7:45 pm

Thanks everyone for the safe wishes!
We are clear now. There was a storm this morning and then one this afternoon. The afternoon one was severe, but didn't turn into a tornado until it was East of us. Now the storms are all tracking to the South East, East and North of us. Everyone in the path, please be safe! Remember, center of the house, in a closet or bathroom, blankets and pillows, lowest part of the building. If in a trailer, get out of there and head to a shelter or a deep ditch.

Love y'all!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/02/12 at 9:29 pm

We are clear now. There was a storm this morning and then one this afternoon. The afternoon one was severe, but didn't turn into a tornado until it was East of us. Now the storms are all tracking to the South East, East and North of us. Everyone in the path, please be safe! Remember, center of the house, in a closet or bathroom, blankets and pillows, lowest part of the building. If in a trailer, get out of there and head to a shelter or a deep ditch.

Love y'all!!!
glad your safe!

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/02/12 at 10:44 pm

board games????  I would definitely be playing some monopoly, clue or at least uno O0

stay safe

Not with my daughter, no way!!  She is the biggest sore loser on the planet!!  ;D

We made it through, as of right now most of the storms have passed.  Still planning on sleeping in the basement anyway, just in case.

Written By: snozberries on 03/03/12 at 4:17 am

Not with my daughter, no way!!  She is the biggest sore loser on the planet!!  ;D

We made it through, as of right now most of the storms have passed.  Still planning on sleeping in the basement anyway, just in case.

do you watch Parenthood? they had a whole storyline about how one of the families enable their daughter so much she threw a tantrum everytime she lost  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/03/12 at 7:14 am

Love y'all!!!

glad you're safe Tam.

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/03/12 at 9:20 am

I love sore losers, I MAKE them lose my competitive side really comes out then (even if I have to help someone else to win).. ask my youngest, broke her of it.  She hates when I laugh when she pouts, I sorta rub it in!  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/03/12 at 9:22 am

do you watch Parenthood? they had a whole storyline about how one of the families enable their daughter so much she threw a tantrum everytime she lost  ;D
Saw it and I had to LOL  ::)

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/03/12 at 10:09 am

Hell hath not fury like a Megan scorned!!  ;D

She's gotten better as she's gotten older it used to be really bad when she was little but we wouldn't just let her win.  It would have been easier if we had.  :D

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/03/12 at 10:39 am

Hell hath not fury like a Megan scorned!!  ;D

She's gotten better as she's gotten older it used to be really bad when she was little but we wouldn't just let her win.  It would have been easier if we had.  :D
Oh yes, my youngest threw a fit every morning 2 years because I gave her milk when she wanted awoke and wanted a drink.  For 2 solid years, she would yell, throw down the sippy cup and then throw herself down.  For 2 solid years I would pick up the sippy cup, and say "when your done, you still have milk to drink" and walk away putting the sippy cup of milk on the edge of the counter or table for her to reach.  For two solid years she glared at me and took the sippy cup and drank it dry. MY HUSBAND THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY....  :D

once I had a week vested in the routine, I WASN'T backin out....  ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/03/12 at 10:55 am

You can never back down with kids!  I never threaten anything I wont carry out on.  We've missed birthday parties and taken things away for a week when Erin was younger.  Now that she's 9, she knows I'm not messing around and all I have to do is look at her and say "Really?" and she knows to curb whatever bad behaviour it is. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/03/12 at 11:24 am

Carol & Tam, I am glad you both are safe.

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/03/12 at 11:38 am

You can never back down with kids!  I never threaten anything I wont carry out on.  We've missed birthday parties and taken things away for a week when Erin was younger.  Now that she's 9, she knows I'm not messing around and all I have to do is look at her and say "Really?" and she knows to curb whatever bad behaviour it is.
"like" 

8)

Yep, my 10 year old just experienced a birthday with no birthday party (her 10th no less), no going to lunch/tea for her birthday with her great Aunt, and ALMOST not going to a cattle show (even though we already had $75 invested in entries) with her beloved heifer Cookie (she did not get to go up a day early and miss school however, just dad and Cookie).  All because she was lying about homework, trying to sneak around it, and then directly lying to me about a paper that was not finished and she said it was someone else's.  We all were crying, but I think she learned a valuable lesson.  I pray I will not have these problems in high school, unlike soo many I see and the parent's saying - "what can I do"???  Sometimes I wonder if we are too hard on them, but I think it is easier to deal with when they are young, than leaving it till they are older. 

The girls are great, we seem to have "growing pains" every year where we have to go over the true importance of something. But I have 2 very well behaved girls that know how to go to a PTO meeting without being distracting.  Eat at a fancy restaurant.  Play wonderfully together, even though their bickering at one another can sometimes sound like nails on a chalkboard to me.  I love them tremendously.

I see parents that are their children's "friends" so they let them do whatever a friend would do (at the high school level this is TERRIFYING to watch).  I have a problem with this. I sooo want to be their friend toooo.  I would love to be the "fun" parent and the
good guy all the time. I need to teach them responsibility and right from wrong.  GRRRR - I hate "good parents" they make us look soo evil. 

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/03/12 at 12:01 pm

I feel fortunate that I have good kids, of course they're more well behaved around other people than me.  ::)

I also have to deal with the bickering and it makes me crazy at times!!

We had to deal with Megan lying once (I can't even remember what it was about).  Her reasoning, she was afraid shed get in trouble for what ever it was.  She got into more trouble, for longer than if she had told me what happened.

You can still be a fun parent without compromising.

Written By: Henk on 03/03/12 at 2:30 pm

Only one night away from what I hope to be THE event of the year...school reunion!

Well, that was a bit of a bummer. Maybe I was excepting too much but I can't help but feeling disappointed.
Arrived at 2.30 PM and stayed till just after 9PM. Haven't met a single soul I knew (neither from school nor from any other place). Did speak to a couple of people though, and one of them turned out to be the sister of a classmate of mine. Sadly he himself wasn't there.
In all, there were but 3 people from my old school (that I know of).

Oh, did I tell you I had to pay for drinks (EUR 2.20 for a glass) and food (hamburger: EUR 4.40) in addition to the EUR 15 I already payed for admittance? ::)

Written By: snozberries on 03/03/12 at 2:43 pm

That sux Henk
Hopefully there'll be a better turnout at the next one.

Speaking of reunions- you know (or maybe not) I occasionally meet up with a small group of ladies (6-8) from my class. One of them is, apparently, no longer invited. One friend does Belly dance. She invited 2 of them to her performance last week. One showed up belligerently drunk with her equally drunk aggressive beau. It was a fiasco that ended in an arrest.  :-\\  I really like this person so I feel bad this crap went down.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/03/12 at 3:16 pm

It is tough being a good parent when you want to be a friend.  Fortunately I was blessed with a pretty good kid.  She has her moments but for the most part she is very well behaved.  I stand my ground even though it is just as tough on me as it is on her.  She has missed parties, movies, sleepovers and the like.  I say you have to let them know early what is and isn't acceptable or the teenage years will be a true nightmare.

Sorry your reunion wasn't that good, Henk. :(

Written By: Howard on 03/03/12 at 7:46 pm

Well, that was a bit of a bummer. Maybe I was excepting too much but I can't help but feeling disappointed.
Arrived at 2.30 PM and stayed till just after 9PM. Haven't met a single soul I knew (neither from school nor from any other place). Did speak to a couple of people though, and one of them turned out to be the sister of a classmate of mine. Sadly he himself wasn't there.

Oh, did I tell you I had to pay for drinks (EUR 2.20 for a glass) and food (hamburger: EUR 4.40) in addition to the EUR 15 I already payed for admittance? ::)

I'm sorry it didn't go well. :(

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/03/12 at 10:11 pm

Sorry it wasn't as good as in your mind, that sucks.  Hey at least you went to yours, I never did...  The people I see, are the ones I want to, no real long lost souls I want to be reunited with.  I was one of the invisibles that got along with everyone, of every class, but did not have many real close relationships. 

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/03/12 at 10:16 pm

That sux Henk

Speaking of reunions- you know (or maybe not) I occasionally meet up with a small group of ladies (6-8) from my class. One of them is, apparently, no longer invited. One friend does Belly dance. She invited 2 of them to her performance last week. One showed up belligerently drunk with her equally drunk aggressive beau. It was a fiasco that ended in an arrest.  :-\\  I really like this person so I feel bad this crap went down.
Drunk to a belly dance....  Ugg. Hubby has an aunt that belly dance's in Sonoma with a snake...  8)

Written By: Henk on 03/04/12 at 12:48 am

That sux Henk

Sorry your reunion wasn't that good, Henk. :(

I'm sorry it didn't go well. :(

Sorry it wasn't as good as in your mind, that sucks.  Hey at least you went to yours, I never did...  The people I see, are the ones I want to, no real long lost souls I want to be reunited with.  I was one of the invisibles that got along with everyone, of every class, but did not have many real close relationships. 

Thanks guys. That made me feel slightly better. ;)

Next reunion? I'm not sure there'll be a next one...unless I organize one myself.

FYI: this was a reunion for all (former) schools in a particular quarter of my city. I've heard they sold about 400 tickets in total in pre-sales. That's not an awful lot, considering the number of kids that went to school in this quarter. I know of people who left early in disappointment (because of the general turnout and the fact that you had to pay extra $$ for drinks and food).

Written By: Howard on 03/04/12 at 7:18 am

Going out to eat to an italian restaurant tomorrow for my birthday, nothing special just me and my family, (Mother Father And I).

Written By: karen on 03/04/12 at 11:49 am

Yesterday we went to the Royal Armouries museum up near Leeds.  They had some very interesting displays but it was rather chaotically organised and got very repetitive in some places.  There was a mix between timelines showing weapon development and talking about various battles throughout history but in a very disjointed fashion.  The American Civil War was in the Oriental section next to a display on the Indian Mutiny!

Today we've done home stuff - homework, laundry, etc and Dai has started decorating the dining room/sitting room.  We are replacing the ancient industrial grey cord carpet with wooden laminate and refreshing the paintwork in there.  Nothing wrong with the colour scheme (so no new curtains needed!), it just needs a tidy up.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/04/12 at 12:07 pm

My back is freaking killing me.  At first I thought it was all the walking I did in Vegas but it has gotten worse since I got back.  Wish I knew how to stop it from hurting.

Written By: Tam on 03/04/12 at 12:37 pm

Yesterday we went to the Royal Armouries museum up near Leeds.  They had some very interesting displays but it was rather chaotically organised and got very repetitive in some places.  There was a mix between timelines showing weapon development and talking about various battles throughout history but in a very disjointed fashion.  The American Civil War was in the Oriental section next to a display on the Indian Mutiny!

Today we've done home stuff - homework, laundry, etc and Dai has started decorating the dining room/sitting room.  We are replacing the ancient industrial grey cord carpet with wooden laminate and refreshing the paintwork in there.  Nothing wrong with the colour scheme (so no new curtains needed!), it just needs a tidy up.

Sorry it was repetitive. Sounds like what I thought of the Basketball Hall of Fame! ;)
Home stuff is great. I have redone the color scheme in our kitchen and I am working on our bedroom now.
I miss you Mum <3

Written By: Tam on 03/04/12 at 12:38 pm

My back is freaking killing me.  At first I thought it was all the walking I did in Vegas but it has gotten worse since I got back.  Wish I knew how to stop it from hurting.

Take it easy Dag.
It could be from all of the walking - you might have a pinched nerve or something.
Take a hot bath if you have the time. ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/04/12 at 12:50 pm

Take it easy Dag.
It could be from all of the walking - you might have a pinched nerve or something.
Take a hot bath if you have the time. ;)

I plan on taking it easy the rest of the day.  Thanks. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/04/12 at 12:59 pm

Feel better Dag  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/04/12 at 1:36 pm

Thanks Patty. :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/04/12 at 2:14 pm

I want to paint my bedroom a nice comforting Brown, not thinking beige...  But a rich, hot cocoa type of color so it looks to envelope you in warmth... I don't like the white walls now, but I am having troubles finding a color too.  :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/04/12 at 2:16 pm

Sorry it was repetitive. Sounds like what I thought of the Basketball Hall of Fame! ;)
Home stuff is great. I have redone the color scheme in our kitchen and I am working on our bedroom now.
I miss you Mum <3
:-\\take care, sorry you are hurting.  ALeve, heating pad, then ice...Repeat (minus the aleve)    8)

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/04/12 at 2:20 pm

:-\\take care, sorry you are hurting.  ALeve, heating pad, then ice...Repeat (minus the aleve)    8)

Right!  Alternate between hot and cold.  A bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel works well.

Feel better, Dag.

Written By: karen on 03/04/12 at 2:42 pm

I want to paint my bedroom a nice comforting Brown, not thinking beige...  But a rich, hot cocoa type of color so it looks to envelope you in warmth... I don't like the white walls now, but I am having troubles finding a color too.  :P

We decorated our guest room a lovely chocolatey brown.  We had autumn leaf print curtains and bedding and it all looked lovely.

Hope you can find the colour you want.

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/04/12 at 2:44 pm

Right!  Alternate between hot and cold.  A bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel works well.

Feel better, Dag.
then supper is partially done as well  8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/04/12 at 2:45 pm

We decorated our guest room a lovely chocolatey brown.  We had autumn leaf print curtains and bedding and it all looked lovely.

Hope you can find the colour you want.
I see it in pictures, but it is soo hard to commit ....  I keep buying paint samples and painting the walls (looking much like a patchwork quilt right now).  I was thinking a robin eggs blue to go with it. :-\\ 

Written By: Howard on 03/04/12 at 7:44 pm

feel better Dag.

Written By: wildcard on 03/04/12 at 9:57 pm

on the 16th I have my City of Hope appointment.  It's in Sacramento and there's no way we would be able to get there at 8 in the morning so We'll be getting a room.  I've heard talk about seeing my aunt Rosie in Thousand Oaks (LA area) so I'm going to be away from the computer for at least a few days.  I'll let you know when I get the details on this.

Written By: snozberries on 03/05/12 at 10:03 am

Drunk to a belly dance....  Ugg. Hubby has an aunt that belly dance's in Sonoma with a snake...  8)

Cool!

Written By: karen on 03/05/12 at 12:34 pm

Me too!  Though I know both James's loved it

I miss you Mum <3

Love you

Still wish we could live in the US but it doesn't seem likely at the moment  :\'(

Written By: Tam on 03/05/12 at 12:38 pm

Love you

Still wish we could live in the US but it doesn't seem likely at the moment  :\'(

My James was a young as your James that day! LOL
It was a great time, for me because I got to hang with you. 8) (suck up much? lol)
Love you too.
I can wait for you to come back, or perhaps I will have to figure a way to get over there without having to spend a month on a boat! Hahaha

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/05/12 at 2:13 pm

Love you

Miss stopping to see you on our way to Conn.  :\'( :\'( :\'( 

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/05/12 at 2:20 pm

Going out to eat to an italian restaurant tomorrow for my birthday, nothing special just me and my family, (Mother Father And I).

Yummo! Hope you enjoy it. 8)

I went to one for dinner with my family yesterday and had to take part of my food home because there was lots of it.

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/05/12 at 7:31 pm

"like" 

8)

Yep, my 10 year old just experienced a birthday with no birthday party (her 10th no less), no going to lunch/tea for her birthday with her great Aunt, and ALMOST not going to a cattle show (even though we already had $75 invested in entries) with her beloved heifer Cookie (she did not get to go up a day early and miss school however, just dad and Cookie).  All because she was lying about homework, trying to sneak around it, and then directly lying to me about a paper that was not finished and she said it was someone else's.  We all were crying, but I think she learned a valuable lesson.  I pray I will not have these problems in high school, unlike soo many I see and the parent's saying - "what can I do"???  Sometimes I wonder if we are too hard on them, but I think it is easier to deal with when they are young, than leaving it till they are older. 

The girls are great, we seem to have "growing pains" every year where we have to go over the true importance of something. But I have 2 very well behaved girls that know how to go to a PTO meeting without being distracting.  Eat at a fancy restaurant.  Play wonderfully together, even though their bickering at one another can sometimes sound like nails on a chalkboard to me.  I love them tremendously.

I see parents that are their children's "friends" so they let them do whatever a friend would do (at the high school level this is TERRIFYING to watch).  I have a problem with this. I sooo want to be their friend toooo.  I would love to be the "fun" parent and the
good guy all the time. I need to teach them responsibility and right from wrong.  GRRRR - I hate "good parents" they make us look soo evil.
Screw those "good parents".  I cannot tolerate their children!  Who wants to be "friends" with a 9 year old, (or however old your child might be)?  I think the toughest part of parenting is finding that fine line between teaching them the rules and breaking their spirit.  You want them to be whomever they are but they need to learn what behavior is acceptable.  I should say that I have no complaints about my daughter, as she really is well-behaved, but I know I'm a big part of that.  You are raising a person, here, not a bunny!  If you're waiting until high school to do this work, you've lost the whole plot of parenting (or never had it to begin with).  I've had to tell a few people to paddle their friggin' canoe.  I know the teaching moments hurt sometimes, but as I've said before, you're doing a great job!

Written By: Jessica on 03/05/12 at 9:41 pm

Screw those "good parents".  I cannot tolerate their children!  Who wants to be "friends" with a 9 year old, (or however old your child might be)?  I think the toughest part of parenting is finding that fine line between teaching them the rules and breaking their spirit.  You want them to be whomever they are but they need to learn what behavior is acceptable.  I should say that I have no complaints about my daughter, as she really is well-behaved, but I know I'm a big part of that.  You are raising a person, here, not a bunny!  If you're waiting until high school to do this work, you've lost the whole plot of parenting (or never had it to begin with).  I've had to tell a few people to paddle their friggin' canoe.  I know the teaching moments hurt sometimes, but as I've said before, you're doing a great job!

I'm so working that saying into my daily life somehow. :D

My kid is pretty good.  We have our moments where he wants to act a fool, but I can usually give him the death glare and he stifles whatever he is doing.  There has only been one time that he messed up majorly that resulted in mega punishment.

But on the whole, I'm quite pleased, and he is a happy little boy.  He also knows how to behave in public, which is a blessing when I see how some other kids act and how their parents are just so......whatever about their actions.

Of course, he's giving me fits this weekend because he lost a tooth on Saturday, one yesterday, and he just hopped out of bed right now to show me another one fell out.  I told him I'm going to have to start blending his food up so he can eat. ;D

So now I'm going to make a trek to the store and take some money out to play tooth fairy.  Yeah, I know some parents are against letting kids believe in these things, but who am I to stifle imagination?

Written By: Dagwood on 03/05/12 at 9:59 pm

Nothing wrong with the tooth fairy.  Let them be kids while they are young.  That and Santa are a big part of it, IMO.

Written By: Howard on 03/06/12 at 6:54 am

Yummo! Hope you enjoy it. 8)

I went to one for dinner with my family yesterday and had to take part of my food home because there was lots of it.

and it was a huge dinner platter of Ziti,Shrimp,chicken parmagiana,mixed in with tomato sauce and melted cheese plus all you can eat bread and butter.

Written By: Howard on 03/06/12 at 6:56 am

Nothing wrong with the tooth fairy.  Let them be kids while they are young.  That and Santa are a big part of it, IMO.

I remember when growing up I thought the tooth fairy was real when I saw money under my pillow.

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/06/12 at 7:29 am

I'm so working that saying into my daily life somehow. :D

My kid is pretty good.  We have our moments where he wants to act a fool, but I can usually give him the death glare and he stifles whatever he is doing.  There has only been one time that he messed up majorly that resulted in mega punishment.

But on the whole, I'm quite pleased, and he is a happy little boy.  He also knows how to behave in public, which is a blessing when I see how some other kids act and how their parents are just so......whatever about their actions.

Of course, he's giving me fits this weekend because he lost a tooth on Saturday, one yesterday, and he just hopped out of bed right now to show me another one fell out.  I told him I'm going to have to start blending his food up so he can eat. ;D

So now I'm going to make a trek to the store and take some money out to play tooth fairy.  Yeah, I know some parents are against letting kids believe in these things, but who am I to stifle imagination?
We love the tooth fairy, unfortunately we are not good at it...  :P  I always seem to get out the stuff (a gold dollar, and a paper dollar) and remember, but the whole sneaking back into girls room and putting stuff there is where we forget.  I have had to resort to telling the girl she must toss and turn to much.  We throw off the blankets and pillows and I drop it in that mess.  :P

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/06/12 at 8:10 am

We love the tooth fairy, unfortunately we are not good at it...  :P  I always seem to get out the stuff (a gold dollar, and a paper dollar) and remember, but the whole sneaking back into girls room and putting stuff there is where we forget.  I have had to resort to telling the girl she must toss and turn to much.  We throw off the blankets and pillows and I drop it in that mess.  :P

We never seem to have one dollar bills when a kid loses a tooth, so first tooth Meg lost she got $5...from then on they thought they should get the same amount!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/06/12 at 10:40 am

Wow, the Tooth Fairy upped her rates. When she came for visit me, I only got a dime.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/06/12 at 10:44 am

Going to vote today but haven't decided who I am going to vote for.

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/06/12 at 5:40 pm

Let me just say that I was giving karma to Snoz...it was supposed to say Awwww, but auto correct on the iPad changed it to a$$es!  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/06/12 at 5:48 pm

Let me just say that I was giving karma to Snoz...it was supposed to say Awwww, but auto correct on the iPad changed it to a$$es!  ;D

LOL!

Written By: Howard on 03/06/12 at 7:31 pm

Wow, the Tooth Fairy upped her rates. When she came for visit me, I only got a dime.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

I got a dollar.

Written By: wildcard on 03/06/12 at 10:56 pm

It's the Marriott Courtyard in Pasadena        go mommy go mommy go mommy go

leaving 15th so I can go to my appointment. I'll be visiting my aunt Rosie and will get to spend a day with her while my mom goes to visit someone I don't really know too well.

Written By: snozberries on 03/07/12 at 2:21 am

LOL!

that was my reaction too!!!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/07/12 at 11:00 am

AUCTION TONIGHT!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/07/12 at 7:22 pm

I think I am tired of trying to teach a groups of freeloaders.  Why do I work hard to try and succeed and get other's to be successful civilians, when some of them are more than willing to be freeloaders.  To come to class and put your head down every single day is just using up my air. ONLY YOU CAN CHOOSE TO GET OFF THE STRUGGLE BUS!  UGGGG

I am at home crying about kids A) using drugs ; B) failing classes and blaming it on the teachers - cause you aren't doing your work or you don't know your times tables (cause your parent never made them do homework in 3rd grade)  C) having parents not be "supportive" but being a kids "friend" and buying them alcohol, but not showing up for parent teacher conferences...  D) the school closing it's eyes to the problem of drugs in the school... 

UGGGH, Double UGGGH

Written By: Dagwood on 03/07/12 at 7:28 pm

I think I am tired of trying to teach a groups of freeloaders.  Why do I work hard to try and succeed and get other's to be successful civilians, when some of them are more than willing to be freeloaders.  To come to class and put your head down every single day is just using up my air. ONLY YOU CAN CHOOSE TO GET OFF THE STRUGGLE BUS!  UGGGG

I am at home crying about kids A) using drugs ; B) failing classes and blaming it on the teachers - cause you aren't doing your work or you don't know your times tables (cause your parent never made them do homework in 3rd grade)  C) having parents not be "supportive" but being a kids "friend" and buying them alcohol, but not showing up for parent teacher conferences...  D) the school closing it's eyes to the problem of drugs in the school... 

UGGGH, Double UGGGH

So sorry this is getting to you like it is.  {{{{hugs}}}}

Written By: Howard on 03/07/12 at 7:50 pm

AUCTION TONIGHT!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

enjoy.

Written By: snozberries on 03/08/12 at 3:30 am

So sorry this is getting to you like it is.  {{{{hugs}}}}

What dag said  :(

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/08/12 at 12:36 pm

UGGGH, Double UGGGH

That really sucks!!

My sister is a teacher too, and she deals with the same crap.
The only parents that show up are the parents of the kids who are doing well.  Parent involvement makes a huge difference.  If I didn't bug my kids to do homework, they would either "forget" or try to do it at school.  It's not the teacher's fault (most of the time...I did have a geometery teacher who told my mother that I never handed in homework, I was able to show my mom all of my homework, graded and returned to me.).

Two years ago when Megan was having trouble with math, first thing I did was talk to the teacher and see if she could get extra help.  She got the help and last year and this year she made A's in math.  As a parent you need to be on top of things.

Written By: wildcard on 03/08/12 at 6:27 pm

for lunch I reated me up some fish sticks and had forgotten how much I like coctail sauce.  I tried to set up my camcorder to video me doing some charactor voices, but the camera only got my stomach and my voice sounded more me then Brak right now.  I'll have to record somewhere with some more room and maybe see if my use to be lousy cameraman has some time and wants to help.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/08/12 at 8:47 pm

Been a crazy day. 

Sarah had a project in the school science fair.  She compared the human body to a hamster body.  The judging was today, she got 3rd place in her grade and category!

The bad part is that the inspiration for her project, Bawb, died last night.  Kind of bittersweet for her.

Written By: wildcard on 03/08/12 at 9:51 pm

too bad the inspiration went when it did.

Written By: snozberries on 03/09/12 at 1:48 am

Been a crazy day. 

Sarah had a project in the school science fair.  She compared the human body to a hamster body.  The judging was today, she got 3rd place in her grade and category!

The bad part is that the inspiration for her project, Bawb, died last night.  Kind of bittersweet for her.

Yay on 3rd place....sorry about Bawb tho..

Written By: Howard on 03/09/12 at 6:48 am

Been a crazy day. 

sorry about Bawb.  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/12 at 6:54 am

Been a crazy day. 

Comparing a treadmill to a wheel for exercise?

Written By: Dagwood on 03/09/12 at 7:06 am

Comparing a treadmill to a wheel for exercise?

Nope, just the differences and similarities in the body.  She had pictures of a hamster brain next to the human brain.  Same with eyes and internal organs.

Thanks, guys.  Bawb was a great pet and he will be missed around here.

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/09/12 at 9:27 am

That really sucks!!

My sister is a teacher too, and she deals with the same crap.
The only parents that show up are the parents of the kids who are doing well.  Parent involvement makes a huge difference.  If I didn't bug my kids to do homework, they would either "forget" or try to do it at school.  It's not the teacher's fault (most of the time...I did have a geometery teacher who told my mother that I never handed in homework, I was able to show my mom all of my homework, graded and returned to me.).

Two years ago when Megan was having trouble with math, first thing I did was talk to the teacher and see if she could get extra help.  She got the help and last year and this year she made A's in math.  As a parent you need to be on top of things.
Thanks...  I just read an article that stated the teaching profession's morale is at an all time low.  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 03/09/12 at 9:56 am

Sitting here at work doing absolutely nothing.  Come in to the server having problems.  We had to send everyone home because without a server we have no work to do.  I get to stay because I am a boss.  They are paying me to surf the web and play solitare.  I just hope it can be fixed and that it didn't die.  That could cause a huge problem.

Did I mention I love my job? ;)

Written By: snozberries on 03/09/12 at 10:12 am

Sitting here at work doing absolutely nothing.  Come in to the server having problems.  We had to send everyone home because without a server we have no work to do.  I get to stay because I am a boss.  They are paying me to surf the web and play solitare.  I just hope it can be fixed and that it didn't die.  That could cause a huge problem.

Getting paid the surf the net and wait for stuff to happen? Sounds like my job lol.
I have been sitting on a sidewalk since 6am. Luckily my friends got here at 530 that pusses off the woman who showed up at 555. Haha. We're Paley professionals!  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/09/12 at 10:33 am

Have some kind of bug again. Running a low grade fever & stomach isn't right. It started yesterday. Hopefully, it won't last too long-and I'm hoping that it helps me lose some weight like it did the last time.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 03/09/12 at 11:06 am

Have some kind of bug again. Running a low grade fever & stomach isn't right. It started yesterday. Hopefully, it won't last too long-and I'm hoping that it helps me lose some weight like it did the last time.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

well the weight loss sounds good

Written By: nally on 03/09/12 at 11:10 am

Been a crazy day. 

That is great! I'm happy for her.

Sorry about Bawb, though. :( Losing an animal is sad.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/09/12 at 12:52 pm

Update:

Been clocked in for almost 5 hours and still no server.  This is a crazy day

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/12 at 12:55 pm

Update:

Are you going to put yourself down for overtime?

Written By: Dagwood on 03/09/12 at 12:57 pm

No, it is still regular time until 3:00 which is my normal time to go home.  Tomorrow will be overtime, though.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/12 at 12:58 pm

No, it is still regular time until 3:00 which is my normal time to go home.  Tomorrow will be overtime, though.
... with more server watch tomorrow?

Written By: snozberries on 03/09/12 at 1:03 pm

Feel better soon cat

Written By: Dagwood on 03/09/12 at 3:07 pm

... with more server watch tomorrow?

If the server is still down, I won't come in.  I can do some stuff from home but won't be able to send it unless they fix the problem.  Hour 7 and still not fixed.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/12 at 3:13 pm

If the server is still down, I won't come in.  I can do some stuff from home but won't be able to send it unless they fix the problem.  Hour 7 and still not fixed.
I trust you had a break for dinner?

Written By: Dagwood on 03/09/12 at 3:28 pm

Yeah.  I went to the bank at lunch and grabbed some food on the way back.  Pretty easy day, just boring.

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/09/12 at 5:47 pm

any signs that it will be fixed????

Written By: Dagwood on 03/09/12 at 5:47 pm

Finally home and, as far as I know, the problem still isn't fixed.  My boss is thinking they are dragging their feet so they can say they can't find the software and we need an entire new server.  They better get it fixed today.  Customers will not be happy if they can't get their work.

Written By: wildcard on 03/09/12 at 6:29 pm

I went outside and found a happy working honeybee.  Plants still waking up and stuff coming

Written By: Howard on 03/09/12 at 7:21 pm

Wow you're lucky. ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/09/12 at 7:25 pm

Update:

hope you can get it fixed.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/09/12 at 7:40 pm

New update.  They are done for the night (after leaving at noon and us not seeing them again today).  Hopefully they will have it fixed by tomorrow night.  I am betting my boss is mighty peeved.

Written By: Henk on 03/10/12 at 9:19 am

Went out and bought myself a new washer and fridge.

Old washer was playing up lately. It would stop halfway through a cycle because of a short. Although that was rather easy to fix the first and second time (flick of a switch) I know it was just a warning. I already blew one of the fuses in the meter cupboard beyond repair. Had a man over to try and fix it, but the only thing he could do was re-route it.

The fridge was just an extra. It's not broken, but it's really old. Like, 25 years or so.

So, now my money's spend for the month. :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/10/12 at 10:47 am

Went out and bought myself a new washer and fridge.

Old washer was playing up lately. It would stop halfway through a cycle because of a short. Although that was rather easy to fix the first and second time (flick of a switch) I know it was just a warning. I already blew one of the fuses in the meter cupboard beyond repair. Had a man over to try and fix it, but the only thing he could do was re-route it.

The fridge was just an extra. It's not broken, but it's really old. Like, 25 years or so.

So, now my money's spend for the month. :(

I'm sure you will probably save € € on electricity with the new fridge.

Cat

Written By: karen on 03/10/12 at 11:09 am

As part of National Science and Engineering week the local university had a family science thing this afternoon.  I took the kids along so dai could stay home and watch the rugby.

There was lots of different hands-on experiments and maths puzzles to try.  It was a lot of fun, but quite crowded.  Never got anywhere near the build a solar powered (toy) car table.

Written By: Henk on 03/10/12 at 11:40 am

I'm sure you will probably save € € on electricity with the new fridge.

Cat

That's what I'm hoping as well.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/10/12 at 12:30 pm

As part of National Science and Engineering week the local university had a family science thing this afternoon.  I took the kids along so dai could stay home and watch the rugby.

There was lots of different hands-on experiments and maths puzzles to try.  It was a lot of fun, but quite crowded.  Never got anywhere near the build a solar powered (toy) car table.

That sounds like fun.  I love doing that kind of thing with Sarah.

Written By: wildcard on 03/10/12 at 11:07 pm

Got another mouse that I hope wont cause the screen to shake or lock up on me.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/11/12 at 10:03 am

Going to be a beautiful day, I think I'll mow the grass.  Seems kinda early to have to mow but I guess since the winter was so mild everything is blooming early. 

Written By: wildcard on 03/11/12 at 11:59 am

my uncle Mel is coming over to visit and we're going to eat somewhere.

Written By: karen on 03/11/12 at 3:18 pm

Yesterday Dai started painting the wall in the dining room.  Thankfully he started doing the edges first, because we decided the paint is too dark.  So we dashed out to the DIY place and bought a different paint colour.  this one is much nicer.  The dining room is linked to the sitting room through an arch and we've decided to paint three walls of the sitting room in a different colour.  we've just got to get a couple of tester pots to decide which colour goes with the furniture we currently have.

The paint we already bought won't be wasted.  I reckon it will work as a colour in our lounge.

Written By: Tam on 03/11/12 at 7:58 pm

Yesterday Dai started painting the wall in the dining room.  Thankfully he started doing the edges first, because we decided the paint is too dark.  So we dashed out to the DIY place and bought a different paint colour.  this one is much nicer.  The dining room is linked to the sitting room through an arch and we've decided to paint three walls of the sitting room in a different colour.  we've just got to get a couple of tester pots to decide which colour goes with the furniture we currently have.

The paint we already bought won't be wasted.  I reckon it will work as a colour in our lounge.

Excellent.
I like it when things actually work out.
And good thing the other paint won't go to waste. ;)

Written By: wildcard on 03/12/12 at 4:40 pm

We had dinner with uncle Mel at El Rosel last night and I've been doing laundry and things are just getting kind of hecktic around here.  I'm getting to much in my head to remember if I was ever told what day I'm leaving.  It will be three or four days. 

Written By: wildcard on 03/12/12 at 10:20 pm

okay, I will be leaving at 9 am 0n the 15th do I guess I'll be saying bye on the 14th

Written By: Howard on 03/13/12 at 6:52 am

okay, I will be leaving at 9 am 0n the 15th do I guess I'll be saying bye on the 14th

enjoy your time.

Written By: karen on 03/13/12 at 11:20 am

Elizabeth left on a school trip to France this morning.  She will be back on Friday.  She is going to somewhere on the northern coast of France and there are trips to a sweet factory and a goat farm on the agenda!

Tomorrow should be fairly quiet in work, everyone is out at a meeting.  So I plan to go round to my dad's house to help him clear some stuff out.  He's found a load more of mum's hoarded items - brand new clothes still with labels attached he said.  Dad is talking about selling the house and either renting a smaller place or moving in with his friend Margaret.  I think I'm going to try and persuade him to buy a smaller place on an over-55's complex if he really does feel the house is too much for him.

Written By: wildcard on 03/13/12 at 12:16 pm

enjoy your time.

will do

I have a dentist appointment today

Written By: karen on 03/14/12 at 1:10 pm

Dad is talking about selling the house and either renting a smaller place or moving in with his friend Margaret.  I think I'm going to try and persuade him to buy a smaller place on an over-55's complex if he really does feel the house is too much for him.

Misunderstood what my dad was talking about last week.  He is thinking of moving in with Margaret and renting his house out.  However there are various money pros and cons to discuss.

Did help him clear out two drawers and a blanket box of stuff.  Split it into various keep/donate/sell/throw piles.  I have a few things of mine to bring home, photos and such.  Current plan is to go back next week to do another set of drawers.

Written By: wildcard on 03/14/12 at 6:12 pm

I have been fighting with myself all day making myself warm tea snd stuff to get rid of my fn s Ass chu.  Fun but in case I forget to say bye and or decside the internet is too busy right now, I'm gonna say bye.    bye

Written By: Howard on 03/14/12 at 7:51 pm

I have been fighting with myself all day making myself warm tea snd stuff to get rid of my fn s Ass chu.  Fun but in case I forget to say bye and or decside the internet is too busy right now, I'm gonna say bye.    bye

take care and hope you feel better soon.

Written By: karen on 03/15/12 at 11:04 am

somebody hit my knuckle with a tambourine last night and it's sort of bruised and painful today  :(

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/15/12 at 1:29 pm

somebody hit my knuckle with a tambourine last night and it's sort of bruised and painful today  :(

Was it a run-by tambourining?  ;) ;D

Seriously though, how did that happen?

Written By: karen on 03/15/12 at 1:34 pm

I was at my morris dancing group.  We were doing a dance called Much Trent Lock.  Five of us form a star and dance around and the sixth person is supposed to hit her tambourine against our sticks.  Except this time she missed!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/15/12 at 1:43 pm

I was at my morris dancing group.  We were doing a dance called Much Trent Lock.  Five of us form a star and dance around and the sixth person is supposed to hit her tambourine against our sticks.  Except this time she missed!

That sounds so fun!  (Except for getting hit in the knuckle, of course.)

Written By: Howard on 03/15/12 at 1:50 pm

Hope you feel better Karen.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/15/12 at 3:24 pm

Beware of the Ides of March.

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/15/12 at 10:55 pm

I have lost my damn mind...I bought a bag of almonds (smokehouse flavor), I ate some this morning and now I can not find the bag anywhere!!  I have looked in the place it should be and I've looked in places where it shouldn't be...the 'fridge, the freezer, the cabinet where I keep the dog food, GONE!! Maybe I threw them in the trash by mistake.  :-\\

I hate when I do stuff like that.

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/12 at 2:13 am

I saw it! It was a run-by fruiting  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/16/12 at 6:57 am

I have lost my damn mind...I bought a bag of almonds (smokehouse flavor), I ate some this morning and now I can not find the bag anywhere!!  I have looked in the place it should be and I've looked in places where it shouldn't be...the 'fridge, the freezer, the cabinet where I keep the dog food, GONE!! Maybe I threw them in the trash by mistake.  :-\\

Once in a while I trace my steps, have you done that yet? Just remembering where you were last should help.

Written By: Henk on 03/16/12 at 7:37 am

Once in a while I trace my steps, have you done that yet? Just remembering where you were last should help.

Retracing your steps...?

Think I'll pass! :D ;D ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/16/12 at 10:24 am

Going up north today to celebrate Granddaughter #4's 3rd birthday.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/12 at 11:32 am

Best weekend ever! And it's only Friday lol

Got a tour of Sony Pictures- my friend greg works there- we saw an actress who guest starred on V Mars- didn't talk to her cuz she was waiting to audition for a role....plus it's not cool to go all geeky fan chic at my friend's place if business.  ;)

The my friend Dom and I saw them setting up a red carpet out side of a theater in LA - we talked about going then promptly forgot. Later- I was reading my tweets and saw Seamus deaver (Castle) was there. O texted Dom - who was in the next room (too lazy to get up) and he looked up what other celebs we're there. Kristen Bell ( v. mars) Wayne Brady etc. So we'e like let's go check it out.
Can't reall get right up to tge venue from where we were so we walked around the block. At the other side I saw Scott Grimes (Er) and chatted with him about a convo we had at a Paley event. We were still in the weird, is it cool if we're here mode because no autograph hounds are there - no pics w/ Scott

Then Yvette Nicole Brown walked by. I was afraid she would think I was twitter stalking her. I tried to hide behind Dom but he kept moving lol. Plus I'm twice his size  ::) :P
First words out of her mouth were 'what are you doing here?'. I gave some Kane excuse and could not muster up the courage to ask for a pic.  We has a great twitte exchange afterwards and she's not afraid of me so YAY!!!

I hot a pic with james Denton  (Desperate Houswives) only pic of the night
Saw wayne Brady, Rita Wilson, don cheadle, Seamus deaver, Jon huertas (castle), Molly Shannon and few others couldn't identify but they never came close enough for pix

Written By: karen on 03/16/12 at 11:35 am

Sounds like you are having a great time

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/12 at 12:04 pm

Sounds like you are having a great time

I am!!!  Hope your knuckle/s feel better today.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/16/12 at 12:54 pm

Got a tour of Sony Pictures- my friend greg works there- we saw an actress who guest starred on V Mars- didn't talk to her cuz she was waiting to audition for a role....plus it's not cool to go all geeky fan chic at my friend's place if business.  ;)

The my friend Dom and I saw them setting up a red carpet out side of a theater in LA - we talked about going then promptly forgot. Later- I was reading my tweets and saw Seamus deaver (Castle) was there. O texted Dom - who was in the next room (too lazy to get up) and he looked up what other celebs we're there. Kristen Bell ( v. mars) Wayne Brady etc. So we'e like let's go check it out.
Can't reall get right up to tge venue from where we were so we walked around the block. At the other side I saw Scott Grimes (Er) and chatted with him about a convo we had at a Paley event. We were still in the weird, is it cool if we're here mode because no autograph hounds are there - no pics w/ Scott

Then Yvette Nicole Brown walked by. I was afraid she would think I was twitter stalking her. I tried to hide behind Dom but he kept moving lol. Plus I'm twice his size  ::) :P
First words out of her mouth were 'what are you doing here?'. I gave some Kane excuse and could not muster up the courage to ask for a pic.  We has a great twitte exchange afterwards and she's not afraid of me so YAY!!!

Saw wayne Brady, Rita Wilson, don cheadle, Seamus deaver, Jon huertas (castle), Molly Shannon and few others couldn't identify but they never came close enough for pix

That's awesome!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/16/12 at 6:26 pm

I'm going to the chapel and I'm going to get married (oh wait, I'm already married...)  I guess I'll just go watch my cousin get married.  I just love weddings.  I don't know why.  I'll be out of town until tomorrow night late.  I gotta see if I have something green to wear.  The bride requested guests to wear green.  :-\\  Don't think I have anything dressy enough.  Although, it is *my* family we're talking about.  Nobody gets dressed up unless they are going to prom or being buried.  ??? ::)  ;D

I'm really hoping I don't get into one of my coughing fits during the ceremony.  :-[  I am coming armed with cough drops, water, and cough syrup.  I wish I could get away with wearing my surgeon mask (it filters out all the things that I am allergic to and lets me breathe easier.  I just don't wanna look like I'm the wedding bandit.  ;D :D

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/12 at 6:29 pm

I'm going to the chapel and I'm going to get married (oh wait, I'm already married...)  I guess I'll just go watch my cousin get married.  I just love weddings.  I don't know why.  I'll be out of town until tomorrow night late.  I gotta see if I have something green to wear.  The bride requested guests to wear green.  :-\\  Don't think I have anything dressy enough.  Although, it is *my* family we're talking about.  Nobody gets dressed up unless they are going to prom or being buried.  ??? ::) ;D

I'm really hoping I don't get into one of my coughing fits during the ceremony.  :-[  I am coming armed with cough drops, water, and cough syrup.  I wish I could get away with wearing my surgeon mask (it filters out all the things that I am allergic to and lets me breathe easier.  I just don't wanna look like I'm the wedding bandit.  ;D :D

Gum... i've found chewing Trident Spearmint gum helps with the coughing...

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/16/12 at 6:33 pm

Well good news, you can always buy another and it wasn't a lottery ticket worth 125 million bucks O0

They will show up, when stale and icky and when you least expect it! 
We've all been there 8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/16/12 at 6:40 pm

Sounds cool!

But you know you were twitter stalking here - LOL
The fact that she doesn't think your creepy is a bonus  :D

;)
Very cool Q  O0 

8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/16/12 at 6:42 pm

I'm going to the chapel and I'm going to get married (oh wait, I'm already married...)  I guess I'll just go watch my cousin get married.  I just love weddings.  I don't know why.  I'll be out of town until tomorrow night late.  I gotta see if I have something green to wear.  The bride requested guests to wear green.  :-\\  Don't think I have anything dressy enough.  Although, it is *my* family we're talking about.  Nobody gets dressed up unless they are going to prom or being buried.  ??? ::)  ;D

Allergy medicine in the A.M.  (with sudafed will help it not make you so drowsy).  Have a scarf or something green...  You'll be granting her wish  8)  ENJOY!

Written By: Howard on 03/16/12 at 7:36 pm

Retracing your steps...?

It's easy I always do that, I go back in my mind to where I was last and I go from there until I found what I was looking for.

Written By: Howard on 03/16/12 at 7:38 pm

Gum... i've found chewing Trident Spearmint gum helps with the coughing...

or she can suck on a lozenger, that helps.

Written By: Henk on 03/17/12 at 11:33 am

It's easy I always do that, I go back in my mind to where I was last and I go from there until I found what I was looking for.

Missing the point, are we? ::)

Retracing your steps...?

Written By: Henk on 03/17/12 at 11:34 am

So... filed my tax form today. Looks like I'll be getting a refund. 8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/17/12 at 11:42 am

Yay!!!!

Cat

Written By: Henk on 03/17/12 at 12:43 pm

Yay!!!!

Cat

Thanks. :)

In my country, life insurance premiums and donations to officially approved authorities (among other things) are tax deductible, at least to a certain extent. So I pay my premiums and donate whatever I can afford. That way I'm almost certain to get a refund once the year is done. ;)

Written By: Henk on 03/17/12 at 12:47 pm

Hmm. I wanted to start a poll, but there's no point I'm afraid. I can't show you all the options. :(

I mean, there's no Youtube video available for at least one of the options that I had in mind.

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/12 at 6:37 pm

Hmm. I wanted to start a poll, but there's no point I'm afraid. I can't show you all the options. :(

I mean, there's no Youtube video available for at least one of the options that I had in mind.

Bummer

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/12 at 6:45 pm

Yesterday I hung out on Hollywood blvd and watched Malcolm McDowell get a star on the walk of fame. I got his autograph but didn't get close enough to see if he remembered talking to me last month.
I did get to see Reed Diamond and he remembered me and shook my hand! That was cool.

Today I opted not to go to wondercon again. It was raining and I didn't feel in the mood for large crowds.
I was going to tge premiere of Mirror mirror & see if I could get Julia Roberts autograph but the rain was cold and yucky.

Instead I went to see a woman about my hair....looks like I can get locks or twists or something on my head again. I was afraid my hair wouldn't hold them yet but she thinks it will. YAY

OH and tonight I'm driving to Long Beach to see Sherri Shepherd do stand up.

Written By: Howard on 03/17/12 at 7:58 pm

Missing the point, are we? ::)

I have to retrace my steps it helps me to figure out where I last was.

Written By: Howard on 03/17/12 at 7:58 pm

enjoy your refund.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/17/12 at 10:39 pm

I helped my sister move all day today and my entire body is sore.  :\'(  She (of course) lived in a third floor walkup.  But I'm sure my butt got a hell of a workout.  ;D  And she moved into a wonderful house with her wonderful fiance.  So I am happy.

Sounds like everyone else is having a fun weekend.  :)  Weddings, and movie stars and all.

Henk, you should make your poll BECAUSE it has no point.  It would just be fun.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/18/12 at 11:24 am

Going to see the play Chicago at the college today. They have a wonderful theatre department and their plays are always very well done.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 03/18/12 at 11:55 am

I have to retrace my steps it helps me to figure out where I last was.

You're STILL missing the point.

...But what's the point?

Written By: Henk on 03/18/12 at 12:04 pm

I helped my sister move all day today and my entire body is sore.  :\'(  She (of course) lived in a third floor walkup.  But I'm sure my butt got a hell of a workout.  ;D  And she moved into a wonderful house with her wonderful fiance.  So I am happy.

Yay! on the workout and your sister's luck.
Boo on the body sore.

Henk, you should make your poll BECAUSE it has no point.  It would just be fun.  :)

You think so...?  :-\\ Well, I'm not so sure about that. The poll would not be fair IMO, because there would be 6 options (singers) to choose from, with only 5 videos to compare.

Written By: Henk on 03/18/12 at 12:59 pm

You think so...?  :-\\ Well, I'm not so sure about that. The poll would not be fair IMO, because there would be 6 options (singers) to choose from, with only 5 videos to compare.

Decided to make the poll after all. I provided links to all videos instead of posting YouTube videos.

Now I expect you to vote too!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/18/12 at 3:52 pm

The play was OUTSTANDING!!!! When we got home, my step-daughter & Granddaughter #1 are here. We are going to be going out to eat in a bit.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/18/12 at 7:09 pm

Going to see the play Chicago at the college today. They have a wonderful theatre department and their plays are always very well done.

Cat

enjoy the play.

Written By: Howard on 03/18/12 at 7:12 pm

This week I am working at The Pathmark Ozone Park a year and a half now :)

Written By: snozberries on 03/18/12 at 8:09 pm

This week I am working at The Pathmark Ozone Park a year and a half now :)

Youre gonna fit in a year and half's worth of work into one week?!?!?  :o

Congrats Howard

Written By: wildcard on 03/18/12 at 9:46 pm

Hi

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/18/12 at 10:13 pm

Cousin's wedding was nice and a very small affair.  About 50 people at the wedding (most of my family since my mom has 4 brothers and 2 sisters. - I have 12 first cousins from that side of the family and most were there too.)  Really nice to see them again.  We don't get together very often anymore except for weddings and funerals.  We have a yearly family reunion in July, but not everybody makes that.
My cousin, the bride, seemed to be very in charge of everything.  I'm not saying a bridezilla, per say, but the groom did everything the way she wanted (no cake smashing in the face, very demure garter retrieval.)  ;D  Reception was nice, everyone seemed to have fun.  More people at the reception (about 100 or so).  Food was adequate catering stuff. 

I AM TIRED and I didn't even do anything, except take pictures. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/12 at 12:10 am

Glad you had fun.

Written By: Henk on 03/19/12 at 12:57 am

Decided to make the poll after all. I provided links to all videos instead of posting YouTube videos.

Now I expect you to vote too!

Just in case anyone's missed it. The poll is in the 2010's section. ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/19/12 at 6:57 am

Youre gonna fit in a year and half's worth of work into one week?!?!?  :o

Congrats Howard

Thanks Q and next month I will be celebrating 5 years at the company.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/20/12 at 3:04 pm

Got a new dog, his name is Blizzard, he's a white bulldog and he's almost 7 weeks old.  His name should be TROUBLE!!!  He will eat everything, this morning he swallowed a dead mouse.  I guess the cat left me a gift and he picked it up in his mouth, I went to get it from him and he looked up at me and *GULP*. 

Some day when he sits still I'll get a photo.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/20/12 at 3:26 pm

Got a new dog, his name is Blizzard, he's a white bulldog and he's almost 7 weeks old.  His name should be TROUBLE!!!  He will eat everything, this morning he swallowed a dead mouse.  I guess the cat left me a gift and he picked it up in his mouth, I went to get it from him and he looked up at me and *GULP*. 

Mazel tov!

When Elvira was still a baby, I thought that she would think her name was "No!" I still call her that several times.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/20/12 at 3:29 pm

Mazel tov!

When Elvira was still a baby, I thought that she would think her name was "No!" I still call her that several times.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Thank you!

Better than what this one will think his name is...Dammit!! (from me) or Little Turd (from the kids).  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/20/12 at 4:16 pm

I will when I get home - can't watch at work.  :(

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/20/12 at 4:17 pm

I can't wait to see him!  And I'm so jealous.  Please tell me he has puppy breath!  (Well...that he had it before the mouse anyway...  ;D)

Written By: snozberries on 03/20/12 at 4:49 pm

CoNgrats. Sounds like a handful  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/20/12 at 6:19 pm

I can't wait to see him!  And I'm so jealous.  Please tell me he has puppy breath!  (Well...that he had it before the mouse anyway...  ;D)

Most definitely puppy breath...really strong!! ;D

CoNgrats. Sounds like a handful  ;D

Thanks!!
Oh my goodness!!  Got a mouth like a shovel, scoops everything up.

Written By: Howard on 03/20/12 at 7:32 pm

congratulations on your new dog. :)

Written By: wildcard on 03/20/12 at 8:13 pm

3/16
I had my appointment with the City Of hope and did the blood and other tests.  I do seem to be lactose intolerant, it's  just the brand of pills that my mom gave me didn't work.  I need more exercise, they want me to walk 20-30 minutes when the weather is okay.  My colesteral is high and may need to take medicene if I don't get it lowered.  My bones seem a little thin and I might end up with bone problems down the road.

3/17
My aunt Rosie cooked a nice corned beef dinner

3/18
Mom and I left for home.  It was starting to snow in the mountins but wasn't cold enough to stick to the ground.

Today, I  just got a brand new mouse and keyboard so don't make me destroy you in  the game room

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/20/12 at 9:54 pm

Congratulations Carol.  http://www.avatarstock.com/img/Bulldog_5055.gif

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/21/12 at 11:39 am

Congratulations Carol.  http://www.avatarstock.com/img/Bulldog_5055.gif

Thank you!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 03/21/12 at 12:17 pm

As I posted on FB...

Burbank, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Culver City, Long Beach and Anaheim.  16 events in 16 days.... funny thing is it could've been 18 events in 17 days but I cancelled two things....

I had a great time tho!!!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/21/12 at 12:29 pm

Yay!  :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/21/12 at 2:23 pm

We signed the papers for the house we've been renting to own today, after the papers are filed, it'll be ours.  I'm so excited, I could pee.  ;D  The crazy mother-in-law may be moving across the street from us next month.  I THINK maybe it's time to move again.  :o ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/21/12 at 2:42 pm

We signed the papers for the house we've been renting to own today, after the papers are filed, it'll be ours.  I'm so excited, I could pee.  ;D  The crazy mother-in-law may be moving across the street from us next month.  I THINK maybe it's time to move again.  :o ;D

Mazel tov!

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/21/12 at 4:00 pm

Excellent!!  Congratulations!!

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/21/12 at 4:11 pm

Got to take Meg to softball practice at 6:30.  Last night she practiced until 10!!!  Too late for me.  :D. I dunno if the time change is still messing me up but I feel like I can not get enough sleep.

This month is Art and Music in the Schools...
Tomorrow Megan's choir is giving a performance at school.  Disney songs, she has a solo (duo, I suppose).  She will be singing a few lines from "We are Siamese". 

Hunter has entered a couple of drawings into the art contest, not sure he'll win but he's hoping.

Written By: snozberries on 03/21/12 at 5:05 pm

Yay patty.....cept for tgat MIL nonsense.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/21/12 at 6:18 pm

Yay and congrats!

Written By: wildcard on 03/21/12 at 6:24 pm

not much going on here right now.  My newest garden friend is a wasp and he likes my lupine.

Written By: Howard on 03/21/12 at 7:31 pm

As I posted on FB...

Burbank, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Culver City, Long Beach and Anaheim.  16 events in 16 days.... funny thing is it could've been 18 events in 17 days but I cancelled two things....

Wow glad you had a good time.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/21/12 at 7:36 pm

Mazel tov!

Cat

Excellent!!  Congratulations!!

Yay patty.....cept for tgat MIL nonsense.

Yay and congrats!

Thank you  :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/21/12 at 8:27 pm

Congratulations!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/21/12 at 9:25 pm

Congratulations!

Thank you very much  :)

As I posted on FB...

Sounds like you had an awesme time.

Written By: Henk on 03/22/12 at 7:05 am

Sorry if I may have sounded a bit...well, grumpy, I guess, over these past few days. I was home, and not feeling very well. :(

But all is better now. :)

Written By: Howard on 03/22/12 at 7:08 am

Sorry if I may have sounded a bit...well, grumpy, I guess, over these past few days. I was home, and not feeling very well. :(

Glad you're feeling better Henk.  :)

Written By: Henk on 03/22/12 at 7:33 am

Glad you're feeling better Henk.  :)

Thanks Howard. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/22/12 at 9:04 am

No worries.  I'm usually grumpy and I have no good excuse.  ;D  Glad you are feeling better.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/22/12 at 9:10 am

Glad you're feeling better.

I too have been suffer from bouts of grumpiness lately.  My kids and hubby try to stay away from me at those times.  ;D

Written By: Henk on 03/22/12 at 9:17 am

No worries.  I'm usually grumpy and I have no good excuse.  ;D  Glad you are feeling better.

Thanks Patty.

I too have been suffer from bouts of grumpiness lately.  My kids and hubby try to stay away from me at those times.  ;D

And thanks Carol. Sometimes I feel lucky not to have a partner and/or kids. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/22/12 at 10:31 am

Glad you are feeling better.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 03/22/12 at 10:32 am

add me to the list of well wishers Henk

Written By: Henk on 03/22/12 at 10:57 am

Glad you are feeling better.

Cat

add me to the list of well wishers Henk

Thank you two/too. ;)

Written By: nally on 03/22/12 at 10:59 am

Glad you're doing better, Henk.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/22/12 at 11:46 am

Thanks Patty.

And thanks Carol. Sometimes I feel lucky not to have a partner and/or kids. ;)

Well, I wouldn't give my kids up for anything but the way I'm feeling about my hubby today... :-X.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/22/12 at 1:35 pm

Sometimes I get the grumpies but I enjoy coming here to vent my fustrations.

Written By: nally on 03/22/12 at 4:49 pm

Sometimes I get the grumpies but I enjoy coming here to vent my fustrations.

Yeah, it's always good to have a place to let it all out.

Written By: wildcard on 03/23/12 at 10:01 pm

I had a Red Admiral butterfly stop and take a sip at a plant that was less then a foot away from me. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/23/12 at 10:09 pm

1st day back after 3wks...

My favorite admin person who's out on medical leave is officially retiring so she's not coming back
My favorite officer quit.
My least favorite got a temporary promotion....to my shift.
None of the people I want to leave are budging.  Damn it's great to be back  ::)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/23/12 at 11:22 pm

I had a Red Admiral butterfly stop and take a sip at a plant that was less then a foot away from me.

That's cool Ann.  I love butterflies

Written By: wildcard on 03/24/12 at 12:21 am

That's cool Ann.  I love butterflies

Well a butterfly garden was what I want to do and still want to do.  I just don't have the option having perennials survive in it.  I think the plant was a penstemon beard tongue digitalis.  It's a perennial that I'll have to keep in pots and move it to somewhere with sun when my garden goes dark in the winter. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/24/12 at 11:30 am

My favorite admin person who's out on medical leave is officially retiring so she's not coming back
None of the people I want to leave are budging.  Damn it's great to be back  ::)

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 03/24/12 at 11:32 am

:( That sucks

Written By: snozberries on 03/24/12 at 11:40 am

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

thanks!

:( That sucks

yeah it does.... cross your fingers that I have the winning $300 million mega millions lotto ticket!
you'd get something nice if I do!  ;) O0

Written By: Dagwood on 03/24/12 at 12:24 pm

yeah it does.... cross your fingers that I have the winning $300 million mega millions lotto ticket!

Fingers crossed.  Imagine how nice it will be able to tell them to talk a long walk off of a short pier.

Written By: snozberries on 03/24/12 at 12:50 pm

Fingers crossed.  Imagine how nice it will be able to tell them to talk a long walk off of a short pier.

no kidding!

Written By: wildcard on 03/24/12 at 4:25 pm

I got attacked by a Painted Lady butterfly when I went outside this morning.

Written By: Howard on 03/24/12 at 7:49 pm

thanks!

*fingers crossed*.

Written By: Howard on 03/24/12 at 7:50 pm

I got attacked by a Painted Lady butterfly when I went outside this morning.

How did it attack you? ???

Written By: snozberries on 03/24/12 at 8:17 pm

*fingers crossed*.

thanks howard

Written By: wildcard on 03/24/12 at 9:21 pm

How did it attack you? ???

First it stepped on a nasty cut on my hand ( butterflies taste with their feet) and then it just started sucking blood from me like you wouldn't believe.  I barely made it back in the house before fainting.

Written By: Howard on 03/25/12 at 7:14 am

First it stepped on a nasty cut on my hand ( butterflies taste with their feet) and then it just started sucking blood from me like you wouldn't believe.  I barely made it back in the house before fainting.

that must have been some wild butterfly  :o I always thought butterflies were quiet creatures.

Written By: karen on 03/25/12 at 8:28 am

Yesterday James played football for his school team.  They played the other primary schools in the area.  The team played four great games - drew two and lost two.  In all the matches they had the most shots on goal but it ran just wide/bounced off the post etc.

In the evening we went to a local village hall to see Musical Arson by Pluck (a string trio).  They mix great music with some excellent comedy both slapstick and musical (such as two of them playing behind the scenes as one of them messes with a record player changing the speed from 33 to 45 and 78!)  we had originally planned to see them a couple of weeks ago when they came to Elizabeth's school.  She was to have had a master class with them in the morning as well, but it was the week of the school trip.

Today Dai and the kids started on laying the laminate flooring in the dining room.

Written By: wildcard on 03/25/12 at 12:04 pm

that must have been some wild butterfly  :o I always thought butterflies were quiet creatures.

;) butterflies do need a little salt and I have seen some kind of butterfly sipping blood.  A little salt in a mud puddle though would probably be the preferred way to do it for both people and butterflies.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/25/12 at 4:22 pm

Went to church this morning and have done absolutely NOTHING the rest of the day.  I've been sooooooooo lazy!!  Just hung around, watched T.V. and napped.

Written By: snozberries on 03/25/12 at 4:37 pm

Went to church this morning and have done absolutely NOTHING the rest of the day.  I've been sooooooooo lazy!!  Just hung around, watched T.V. and napped.

me too.....except for church and napping...and I'm getting paid for it  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/25/12 at 5:09 pm

Except for the church part, it sounds like my normal day.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/25/12 at 5:34 pm

me too.....except for church and napping...and I'm getting paid for it  :D

I don't normally go to church but I think Hunter is having a religious epiphany.  ;D  He sings all the hymns, prays and goes to something called Awana (a church program on Sunday evenings)  So, I go cause he's only 8 and I couldn't just drop him off at the door...right??  :D

Megan goes begrudgingly and sits there with a sour puss on her face!  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/25/12 at 5:40 pm

Except for the church part, it sounds like my normal day.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

;D

I rarely nap anymore.  I used to nap but I would fall into such a deep sleep and have really bizarre dreams and would almost feel hung over when I woke up that I just stopped, also my night time sleep would get messed up.

Written By: snozberries on 03/25/12 at 5:47 pm

I don't normally go to church but I think Hunter is having a religious epiphany.  ;D  He sings all the hymns, prays and goes to something called Awana (a church program on Sunday evenings)  So, I go cause he's only 8 and I couldn't just drop him off at the door...right??  :D

Megan goes begrudgingly and sits there with a sour puss on her face!  ;D

my parents did....that's how I kept getting trouble in Sunday school....apparently at 7 I had a lot of unacceptable questions  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/25/12 at 5:47 pm

;D

I rarely nap anymore.  I used to nap but I would fall into such a deep sleep and have really bizarre dreams and would almost feel hung over when I woke up that I just stopped, also my night time sleep would get messed up.

I took a nap on Thursday....it was amazing!!!!

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/25/12 at 5:55 pm

my parents did....that's how I kept getting trouble in Sunday school....apparently at 7 I had a lot of unacceptable questions  ;D

;D

See, I am the one with the unacceptable questions!!  ;D

So, I just sit there with my mouth closed and avoid Megan's death stare!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 03/25/12 at 6:05 pm

;D

I've never learned how to keep my mouth closed...my parents finally took me out of Sunday school and effectively kept me away from all things religious until I went to Catholic in HS....then I started getting into trouble again!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 03/25/12 at 6:10 pm

;D

There are no unnacceptable questions.

Matthew 7:7

:)

I've had a pretty lazy day to be honest which makes a change. Between driving lessons and drama in the household I have quite a week of it. Still, it's all come to a fitting, if inevitable, conclusion.

Written By: nally on 03/25/12 at 7:02 pm

I've been kinda lazy today myself, mainly due to the rainy weather.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/25/12 at 7:06 pm

I've never learned how to keep my mouth closed...my parents finally took me out of Sunday school and effectively kept me away from all things religious until I went to Catholic in HS....then I started getting into trouble again!  ;D

I went to an all girls Catholic HS...the Sisters of Notre Dame would be soooo disappointed with me! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/25/12 at 7:11 pm

I went to an all girls Catholic HS...the Sisters of Notre Dame would be soooo disappointed with me! ;D

you went to Notre Dame too??? I'm thinking it's a cult!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 03/25/12 at 7:12 pm

I've been kinda lazy today myself, mainly due to the rainy weather.

I am sorry to hear that. For once, we have had sunny weather in England. Hopefully, that isn't our summer rolled up into one weekend, lol. ;)

Written By: nally on 03/25/12 at 7:18 pm

I am sorry to hear that. For once, we have had sunny weather in England. Hopefully, that isn't our summer rolled up into one weekend, lol. ;)

Not to worry. The weather has changed quite a bit in California this year; some days it's sunny, but on others, the clouds roll in. Our winter didn't have much rain overall.

Hope you're not doing too bad..

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/25/12 at 7:20 pm

you went to Notre Dame too??? I'm thinking it's a cult!  ;D

Ha ha!  Yep, Notre Dame....they're everywhere!  Scary!  :o

Written By: Bobby on 03/25/12 at 7:22 pm

Not to worry. The weather has changed quite a bit in California this year; some days it's sunny, but on others, the clouds roll in. Our winter didn't have much rain overall.

Hope you're not doing too bad..

I'm doing fine, thank you for asking, Jeff. I have taken on driving lessons, passed my numeracy maths level 1, had my teeth straightened and made flapjacks for the first time since being here last.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 03/25/12 at 7:24 pm

Ha ha!  Yep, Notre Dame....they're everywhere!  Scary!  :o

RIGHT?!?!?

Written By: nally on 03/25/12 at 7:26 pm

I'm doing fine, thank you for asking, Jeff. I have taken on driving lessons, passed my numeracy maths level 1, had my teeth straightened and made flapjacks for the first time since being here last.  :D

Excellent! Good to hear.

I'm still looking for a job... although I did have an interview last month, only to not get selected for the position I'd applied for (but the interview was a positive experience for me).

Written By: Bobby on 03/25/12 at 8:03 pm

Excellent! Good to hear.

I'm still looking for a job... although I did have an interview last month, only to not get selected for the position I'd applied for (but the interview was a positive experience for me).

You'll get there. How many jobs are you applying for at any one time?

Written By: nally on 03/25/12 at 8:41 pm

You'll get there. How many jobs are you applying for at any one time?

I'm lucky if I'm even able to apply to one each week. That's another thing, I'm not always gonna meet all the qualifications in a job description, but I apply anyway; sometimes they may even do on-the-job training, I never know.

Written By: Bobby on 03/25/12 at 8:56 pm

I'm lucky if I'm even able to apply to one each week. That's another thing, I'm not always gonna meet all the qualifications in a job description, but I apply anyway; sometimes they may even do on-the-job training, I never know.

You do right. Go for anything and everything you can, regardless of expertise or qualifications. Applying for another job always looks good if you already in a job regardless of how long you have been in it. When I was made redundant in 2001 I applied for who knows how many jobs and secured 10 interviews in one month. By the time I started Royal Mail, two other companies wanted me to work for them.

Written By: Howard on 03/26/12 at 7:36 am

it's good sometimes to be a little lazy. I do that too.

Written By: Howard on 03/26/12 at 7:38 am

;D

I used to nap myself after that 2pm slump when I have my day off, just fall asleep watching Tv but I'm trying not to do that anymore.

Written By: Howard on 03/26/12 at 7:40 am

There are no unnacceptable questions.

Matthew 7:7

:)

I've had a pretty lazy day to be honest which makes a change. Between driving lessons and drama in the household I have quite a week of it. Still, it's all come to a fitting, if inevitable, conclusion.

Glad to see you here Bobby. :)

Written By: nally on 03/26/12 at 10:21 am

You do right. Go for anything and everything you can, regardless of expertise or qualifications. Applying for another job always looks good if you already in a job regardless of how long you have been in it. When I was made redundant in 2001 I applied for who knows how many jobs and secured 10 interviews in one month. By the time I started Royal Mail, two other companies wanted me to work for them.

Good point. Also, since last June I have been receiving assistance from a job coach, who had helped me with my interviewing skills as well (and we even spent several sessions in January and early February working on it, so that I could feel confident for my actual interview).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/26/12 at 11:13 am

Welcome back, My Friend. I've missed you.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/26/12 at 12:34 pm

Same here!  I was ALWAYS in trouble at church - I can't tell you how many times I climbed out the bathroom window trying to "escape."  I even got kicked out of a Mormon Seminary class for calling the teacher a bigot.  He totally was though.  He was telling us that people of color bear the mark of Cain, and I FREAKED out in the middle of class and started going off about melanin and evolution - you know, actual facts.  He kicked me out of the class, and the next day my parents got a letter telling me I was no longer welcome.       

Written By: wildcard on 03/26/12 at 1:31 pm

Same here!  I was ALWAYS in trouble at church - I can't tell you how many times I climbed out the bathroom window trying to "escape."  I even got kicked out of a Mormon Seminary class for calling the teacher a bigot.  He totally was though.  He was telling us that people of color bear the mark of Cain, and I FREAKED out in the middle of class and started going off about melanin and evolution - you know, actual facts.  He kicked me out of the class, and the next day my parents got a letter telling me I was no longer welcome.     

8) good gob on the no longer welcome.  I wasn't raised as anything as a kid until later when we went to christian churches.  My mom told me stories from her time at cathloc church, getting slapped by a nun for not folding her hands right when she prayed.

Written By: snozberries on 03/26/12 at 1:41 pm

Good for you you rebelious scallion you!!!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/26/12 at 2:08 pm

Good for you!

I was actually 9 years old when I first stepped into a church. We were supposed to be raised as Jewish but the local synagog wouldn't recognize us because my mother wasn't Jewish. So, when my parents separated, my mother went back on her word to my father and took us all to church and "converted" us.

Cat

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/26/12 at 3:20 pm

Good for you!!! How did your parents react?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/26/12 at 3:32 pm

Good for you!!! How did your parents react?

Well, they didn't like me sneaking out of church, but when I got kicked out of seminary they supported me wholeheartedly.  By that time, neither of them was very active in church life anyway, and they thought that the seminary was very much in the wrong for teaching such obvious b.s. 

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/26/12 at 3:42 pm

Well, they didn't like me sneaking out of church, but when I got kicked out of seminary they supported me wholeheartedly.  By that time, neither of them was very active in church life anyway, and they thought that the seminary was very much in the wrong for teaching such obvious b.s.

Good!!

You couldn't talk to my parents about religion especially evolution. It was easier to not even bring it up.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/28/12 at 3:40 pm

Today I had to change the battery in the riding mower and once it was changed I mowed my neighbor's yard.  When I was finished I had to mow our yard (with the push mower since we're on a hill.) after i was done there I trimmed the hedges.  I truly hate yard work!  ;D

Oh yeah, I dropped my cell phone in the sink, it got wet.  I've been drying it with a fan.  Hopefully it still works.  :-\\

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/28/12 at 5:27 pm

Today I had to change the battery in the riding mower and once it was changed I mowed my neighbor's yard.  When I was finished I had to mow our yard (with the push mower since we're on a hill.) after i was done there I trimmed the hedges.  I truly hate yard work!  ;D

Oh yeah, I dropped my cell phone in the sink, it got wet.  I've been drying it with a fan.  Hopefully it still works.  :-\\

Take the battery out and put both in a bowl of uncooked rice.  It will absorb the moisture out of the phone.

Written By: wildcard on 03/28/12 at 6:13 pm

working the numbness off my mouth from the dentist.  I got me three plants for my garden, 2 of them annuals, I want to see if I can find annuals that butterflies will eat around here. 

Written By: nally on 03/28/12 at 6:45 pm

I got my hair cut today.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/28/12 at 7:10 pm

Long, crazy day.

The dentist went well.  Sarah needs her wisdom teeth removed this summer. 

Then, I go to pick her up.  I told her to wait in front of the school.  I get there she is no where to be found and her phone is off.  I look in the library, by her locker and the auditorium to see if she is watching play practice.  Nothing.  Then I drive home to see if she went home...not there.  I am starting to freak by now.  I head back to school ready to scour the school then call the cops.  She calls.  Her phone died so it was off.  Instead of waiting out front, she goes into a class room to hang with the Chinese teacher.  After I broke down and cried she got the chewing out of a lifetime.  Made her cry, too. 

Girl has earned some serious chores next week during spring break.

Written By: snozberries on 03/28/12 at 7:23 pm

Long, crazy day.

Then, I go to pick her up.  I told her to wait in front of the school.  I get there she is no where to be found and her phone is off.  I look in the library, by her locker and the auditorium to see if she is watching play practice.  Nothing.  Then I drive home to see if she went home...not there.  I am starting to freak by now.  I head back to school ready to scour the school then call the cops.  She calls.  Her phone died so it was off.  Instead of waiting out front, she goes into a class room to hang with the Chinese teacher.  After I broke down and cried she got the chewing out of a lifetime.  Made her cry, too. 

glad she was safe.... next time... hope there isn't a next time but if there is go into the office and have them announce over the PA that her mother is waiting/looking for her...that'll fix her forever!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/28/12 at 7:57 pm

I've done that in the past where my cell phone dropped right in the toilet when I had it loose unattached on my belt buckle and then it fell right in.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/28/12 at 8:21 pm

Long, crazy day.

So scary!  I'm glad she was safe though. 

Written By: Dagwood on 03/28/12 at 8:34 pm

glad she was safe.... next time... hope there isn't a next time but if there is go into the office and have them announce over the PA that her mother is waiting/looking for her...that'll fix her forever!  ;D

The librarian told me to do that, but the office was already closed for the day.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/28/12 at 8:36 pm

So scary!  I'm glad she was safe though. 

Thanks.  Me too.

I don't think it will happen again.  She freaks out when she thinks she hurt someone and she saw how freaked I was.  I think she cried more than I did.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/29/12 at 10:37 am

Another %$#@&^ sinus headache. I think the hormonal imbalance may have something to do it with.

SIL & I are getting our hair done today-me a color, her just a trim.

FIL is not feeling well. He is running a low grade fever and they think he may have a UTI.  :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/29/12 at 1:49 pm

Another %$#@&^ sinus headache. I think the hormonal imbalance may have something to do it with.

SIL & I are getting our hair done today-me a color, her just a trim.

FIL is not feeling well. He is running a low grade fever and they think he may have a UTI.  :\'( :\'(

Cat

Hope you both feel better.

Written By: wildcard on 03/29/12 at 4:20 pm

It was sunny so I decided to go outside and do some stuff in my garden.  It's back to being overcast now.

Written By: nally on 03/29/12 at 4:59 pm

Long, crazy day.

Glad things went well at the dentist. Hope all goes well with the wisdom teeth operation. I had all four of mine removed 12 summers ago and I healed up quickly.

Glad you found her safely.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/29/12 at 5:28 pm

Thanks, Jeff.  She will be fine but she is a little worried.  She has never had any kind of surgery so I guess it is understandable. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/29/12 at 6:43 pm

We had two doctor's appointments today (One therapy and one dental).  In the therapy appointment, I discovered a baby ladybug crawling on my purse strap so I emptied one of my pill bottle and scooped her up to take her outside after the appointment.  I named her Shannon (well, at least until I set her free outside.)  I tried to take a picture of her, but I couldn't figure out the micro lens feature on my camera in time before she flew away.  I guess I am not cut out for wildlife photography.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/30/12 at 6:54 am

We had two doctor's appointments today (One therapy and one dental).  In the therapy appointment, I discovered a baby ladybug crawling on my purse strap so I emptied one of my pill bottle and scooped her up to take her outside after the appointment.  I named her Shannon (well, at least until I set her free outside.)  I tried to take a picture of her, but I couldn't figure out the micro lens feature on my camera in time before she flew away.  I guess I am not cut out for wildlife photography.  ;D

ladybugs are cute.

Written By: snozberries on 03/30/12 at 9:44 am

I named her shannon  ;D   

great story!

Written By: karen on 03/30/12 at 10:57 am

Just the usual stuff going on here.  Kids break up for the Easter holiday today.  Elizabeth had a half day and went into town with her friends to mooch about the shops and hang out in the park.

Tomorrow we are meeting with some friends in the Peak District for a walk. should be around 10 miles or so.  Hope the weather stays fine - it's been really sunny for the past week or so.

Written By: karen on 03/30/12 at 11:02 am

just remembered this.

I went to meet James out of school today.  As I parked my bike I just glanced at the guy nearby.  He came over and asked me if I was still dancing and then mentioned seeing me Morris dancing somewhere last year.  Turns out he was at the windmill open day (our musician owns the windmill)

Blimey he's got a good memory for faces given that today I was still wearing my bike helmet and last year I had half my face painted green!  When i saw his wife I recognised her as the lady that served the tea and cakes to our group and he must have been helping her.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/30/12 at 11:06 am

Hmmmm, I wonder where you got the name Shannon from.  ;)

What you should do when you aren't doing anything, is to play with your camera-different settings and such. That way when a shot does come up, you will know how to work it. I can't tell you how many shots I took of objects in my living room.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/30/12 at 12:21 pm

Hmmmm, I wonder where you got the name Shannon from.  ;)

What you should do when you aren't doing anything, is to play with your camera-different settings and such. That way when a shot does come up, you will know how to work it. I can't tell you how many shots I took of objects in my living room.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I am still figuring out the different settings on my camera, which I've had for 4+ years now.

Written By: snozberries on 03/30/12 at 12:43 pm

I just got this.....

http://image.cellbazaar.com/images/1e0888b1-612f-44f9-a983-4101c7584988.jpg

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/CP500/ZURTELE.JPG

honestly there was a sony that I liked slightly better and was a little cheaper but this was on sale at my local best buy and the Sony was on the Sony Pictures Studio lot (in their store) so I'd have to bug my friend to get me a pass onto the lot and then I'd have to drive to LA and all in all I felt like the smarter thing was to stay and santa barbara and get the camera I could take home that day!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/30/12 at 12:59 pm

I get all of next week off for Spring Break.  OMG I am SOOO excited!!  I'm just burnt out on everything right now and need a break. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/30/12 at 1:02 pm

I just got this.....

honestly there was a sony that I liked slightly better and was a little cheaper but this was on sale at my local best buy and the Sony was on the Sony Pictures Studio lot (in their store) so I'd have to bug my friend to get me a pass onto the lot and then I'd have to drive to LA and all in all I felt like the smarter thing was to stay and santa barbara and get the camera I could take home that day!

Nice. I am partial to Canons myself-but Nikons are in the same league.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 03/30/12 at 1:24 pm

Nice. I am partial to Canons myself-but Nikons are in the same league.

Cat

i wanted the Canon too but it was about 100 more....

Written By: snozberries on 03/30/12 at 1:24 pm

I get all of next week off for Spring Break.  OMG I am SOOO excited!!  I'm just burnt out on everything right now and need a break.

I wanna see my Ash... I thought you were off in May  ???

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/30/12 at 1:52 pm

I wanna see my Ash... I thought you were off in May  ???

Nope...remember, it was right after Paley?

Written By: snozberries on 03/30/12 at 1:56 pm

Nope...remember, it was right after Paley?

oh yeah... bummer...

Written By: Dagwood on 03/30/12 at 6:03 pm

Lucky.  Have a great week off!

Written By: Howard on 03/30/12 at 7:42 pm

I just got this.....

That's a cool camera.

Written By: wildcard on 03/30/12 at 8:33 pm

I got some seeds at Walmart

Written By: Jessica on 03/30/12 at 10:16 pm

I won the lottery!

Two whole dollars. ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/30/12 at 11:02 pm

Our group ticket, about 15 went in on it, won $5! YAY?

Written By: snozberries on 03/31/12 at 5:12 am

I won the lottery!

Two whole dollars. ;D

I hope I got at least that much  :D

and I wish I was in Baltimore right now.....more likely shot at having the winning numbers....

Written By: Howard on 03/31/12 at 7:24 am

I won the lottery!

Two whole dollars. ;D

just two dollars?  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/31/12 at 10:35 am

I won the lottery!

Two whole dollars. ;D

You have to be careful not to spend that all in one place.

Our group ticket, about 15 went in on it, won $5! YAY?

You, too.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 03/31/12 at 10:54 am

the sun looks out this morning.  There's a good possibility I may do some garden work before it probably rains again.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/31/12 at 7:05 pm

Got one stinking number out of 18 (3 tickets) in the lotto, so there goes all my plans for being secret Santa this year.  ;D

On the bright side, we went o the casino and I came out $15 ahead.  Guess I'm still not gonna be secret Santa unless you all want a pack of gum each.  ;)

This weekend is a pinball tournament, and I went last night for awhile.  And she had fun, fun, fun until hubby picked her up and drove her away...

Actually, I think I strained a side abdominal muscle or something.  I was coughing and all-of-a-sudden my side hurt like I'd been head-butted by rhinos.  I checked, there were no rhinos around, and it wasn't a constant pain like I'd ripped a muscle, so I think I'd just strained it.  So I was/am bummed I had to leave early.  I wanted to go back out tonight because I was feeling about 75% better, then I bent over to plug in something and the pain returned.  :\'( 

Written By: snozberries on 03/31/12 at 7:19 pm

I love gum!!!

Sorry about the pain and the shortened pinball tourney

I too am in pain! I walked for miles today as a precursor to a breast cancer walk I will be doing later in the year.

Beware- I will be hitting y'all up for money starting tomorrow.  :D I gotta meet my goal by the end of May

I will take as little as a dollar but would prefer to see two.
Would welcome five but pleased by ten.
Would love twenty but be thrilled with fifty. Lol

You get the point- basically anything you can spare will be greatly appreciated.

I'll start the thread tomorrow. Now I'm dragging my exhausted ass and pained legs to LA for closing night of Juliet Landau's play. Pray for me- in the ironic way nit the Jesus-y way  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/31/12 at 7:42 pm

Got one stinking number out of 18 (3 tickets) in the lotto, so there goes all my plans for being secret Santa this year.  ;D

On the bright side, we went o the casino and I came out $15 ahead.  Guess I'm still not gonna be secret Santa unless you all want a pack of gum each.  ;)

This weekend is a pinball tournament, and I went last night for awhile.  And she had fun, fun, fun until hubby picked her up and drove her away...

Actually, I think I strained a side abdominal muscle or something.  I was coughing and all-of-a-sudden my side hurt like I'd been head-butted by rhinos.  I checked, there were no rhinos around, and it wasn't a constant pain like I'd ripped a muscle, so I think I'd just strained it.  So I was/am bummed I had to leave early.  I wanted to go back out tonight because I was feeling about 75% better, then I bent over to plug in something and the pain returned.  :\'(

hope you feel better.

Written By: nally on 03/31/12 at 10:00 pm

hope you feel better.

ditto...

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/01/12 at 11:16 am

I too love gum...always chewing!  :D

Pinball tournament sounds like fun!  Glad you had a good time!

Hope your side feels better.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/01/12 at 11:21 am

I too am in pain! I walked for miles today as a precursor to a breast cancer walk I will be doing later in the year.

Beware- I will be hitting y'all up for money starting tomorrow.  :D I gotta meet my goal by the end of May

I will take as little as a dollar but would prefer to see two.
Would welcome five but pleased by ten.
Would love twenty but be thrilled with fifty. Lol

You get the point- basically anything you can spare will be greatly appreciated.

I'll start the thread tomorrow. Now I'm dragging my exhausted ass and pained legs to LA for closing night of Juliet Landau's play. Pray for me- in the ironic way nit the Jesus-y way  ;D

Sorry you're in pain!  :(  But very proud of you for the determination!  :)

I've got to raise at least $50 for my kids ($25 each) for Relay For Life.  It a very big del at my kids school snce a much loved teacher died from cancer a few years ago.  Probably just write a check since I also have to sell knives ( ???) for a sofball fundraiser. 

Written By: wildcard on 04/01/12 at 11:26 am

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/jesters%20and%20clowns/Smiley.gif

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/12 at 11:52 am

Sorry you're in pain!  :(  But very proud of you for the determination!  :)

I've got to raise at least $50 for my kids ($25 each) for Relay For Life.  It a very big del at my kids school snce a much loved teacher died from cancer a few years ago.  Probably just write a check since I also have to sell knives ( ??? ) for a sofball fundraiser.

I'm in for 10 pm me the details!  (5 each kid)

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/01/12 at 8:25 pm

I'm in for 10 pm me the details!  (5 each kid)

Aren't you sweet.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/12 at 8:26 pm

Aren't you sweet.  :)

naw I just like being charitable and stuff!  :D :D

Check for new replies or respond here...