inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: APRIL showers bring zombie flowers.....what else are ya doin' this month?

Written By: snozberries on 03/26/12 at 7:20 pm

Couldn't resist!!!  :D 

http://zombierobots.net/wp-content/main/2011_04/Zombie-flower-pot.jpg

Subject: Re: APRIL showers bring zombie flowers.....what else are ya doin' this month?

Written By: wildcard on 03/26/12 at 9:48 pm

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/unsorted/0004-1.gif

Subject: Re: APRIL showers bring zombie flowers.....what else are ya doin' this month?

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/26/12 at 10:43 pm

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/unsorted/0004-1.gif

This is just what your garden is missing...

Zombie Gnome
http://img3.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.243586255.jpg

Written By: wildcard on 03/26/12 at 10:53 pm

This is just what your garden is missing...

Zombie Gnome
http://img3.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.243586255.jpg

my favorite kind of gnomes

Written By: Howard on 03/27/12 at 7:04 am

April Fools!

Written By: wildcard on 03/27/12 at 12:30 pm

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/oo/howardfool.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/27/12 at 1:07 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/27/12 at 7:49 pm

;D

Written By: Howard on 03/27/12 at 7:50 pm

Next month will be 5 years with Pathmark.

Written By: wildcard on 03/27/12 at 9:39 pm

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow to take care of some cavities.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/27/12 at 10:13 pm

What a coinkydink...so do I.  Mine is just for a cleaning, though.

Written By: wildcard on 03/27/12 at 10:22 pm

did the cleaning recently.  After the appointment I think my mom and I are going to a plant nursery.  The psycholigist http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/unsorted/2sgn096spell.gif Wants me to make a plant arrangement.  If I find anything for my garden as well, I'm going to get it.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/28/12 at 1:17 am

Must be dental appointment week.  My hubby's appointment is tomorrow (Thursday).  He's getting a partial dental plate for 4 teeth that have either been pulled (or swallowed! :o) over the years.  He's rather bummed about it, he says it make him feel old to have dentures.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/28/12 at 6:58 am

I had cavities, glad to have gotten them filled many years ago.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/31/12 at 5:26 am

I ALMOST HIT THE LOTTERY, it was won in Maryland and I live in Massachusetts, so I have the first two letters of the state in which it was won.  I did get my income tax return, so I had my eyebrows done and bought a new phone, my old one kept blitzing in and out when I was talking.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 03/31/12 at 5:31 am

I ALMOST HIT THE LOTTERY, it was won in Maryland and I live in Massachusetts, so I have the first two letters of the state in which it was won.  I did get my income tax return, so I had my eyebrows done and bought a new phone, my old one kept blitzing in and out when I was talking.  :)

Almost Congratulations!!!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/31/12 at 7:22 am

enjoy your windfall.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/31/12 at 8:58 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWWVGyxvSCk

Written By: Howard on 03/31/12 at 7:44 pm

the smilies are upside down again.

Written By: wildcard on 03/31/12 at 7:52 pm

you noticed?

Written By: Howard on 03/31/12 at 8:07 pm

you noticed?

yes!

Written By: wildcard on 03/31/12 at 9:33 pm

yes!

wow

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/12 at 12:00 pm

It's april fools....

What I don't get is when the smileys wear hats or decor for other holidays the  8-P  smiley never gets one.. I always assumed it's because he was too poo pooing the idea to get affected..... yet he got switched upside down...that's inconsistent.

Written By: wildcard on 04/01/12 at 12:20 pm

why upside down anyway?  http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/jesters%20and%20clowns/favjes.gif http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/jesters%20and%20clowns/jester-3.gif http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/jesters%20and%20clowns/jester-2.gif http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/jesters%20and%20clowns/Smiley.gif

Written By: wildcard on 04/01/12 at 2:11 pm

I don't know anything about computers, but if I did and could, I'd make a hat or something that can be put on the smilies or whatever else for whatever other time.

Written By: nally on 04/01/12 at 2:46 pm

I have plans for the end of this month: I'll be taking a cruise with my parents; my first one ever. It will be a week long (April 28-May 5th) and will go from the port of Los Angeles to Santa Barbara, San Francisco, and San Diego, before coming back to the port of L.A. My parents had made plans to take this trip last year, but only for the two of them at first. This was because we assumed we'd still be having Chloe and I'd be staying home to take care of her. (But you all know that we lost her last August. :\'( ) But they arranged for the travel agent to include me, so I helped pay part of the fee, and I'll be sleeping in my own stateroom.

I am excited about this trip, since it will be my first time taking a cruise, and I hope to enjoy myself.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/12 at 2:51 pm

I have plans for the end of this month: I'll be taking a cruise with my parents; my first one ever. It will be a week long (April 28-May 5th) and will go from the port of Los Angeles to Santa Barbara, San Francisco, and San Diego, before coming back to the port of L.A. My parents had made plans to take this trip last year, but only for the two of them at first. This was because we assumed we'd still be having Chloe and I'd be staying home to take care of her. (But you all know that we lost her last August. :\'( ) But they arranged for the travel agent to include me, so I helped pay part of the fee, and I'll be sleeping in my own stateroom.

I am excited about this trip, since it will be my first time taking a cruise, and I hope to enjoy myself.

a cruise up the Cali coast.... I could get behind that.... Have fun

Written By: nally on 04/01/12 at 2:54 pm

a cruise up the Cali coast.... I could get behind that.... Have fun

Thanx Q... and someday I'd like to cruise to other places, such as Mexico or Canada or Alaska, like my parents have done on their previous cruises... or even to somewhere else.

In addition, it's been several years since I last had a vacation trip.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/01/12 at 3:24 pm

Sounds like fun.  Enjoy the cruise, Jeff.

Written By: karen on 04/01/12 at 4:17 pm

Went to see The Hunger Games this afternoon.  It was a good film and we had fun walking home and dissecting how it was different from the book!

The children are off school for the next couple of weeks so I have to juggle work and home more than ever.  I did warn the boss I would be doing almost zero overtime!

Written By: wildcard on 04/01/12 at 7:08 pm

been working in my garden

Written By: Howard on 04/02/12 at 6:59 am

It's april fools....

What I don't get is when the smileys wear hats or decor for other holidays the  8-P  smiley never gets one.. I always assumed it's because he was too poo pooing the idea to get affected..... yet he got switched upside down...that's inconsistent.

he's separate from all the others.

Written By: Howard on 04/02/12 at 7:00 am

have fun!

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/12 at 8:44 am

That was my point Howard. That's why he shouldn't be upside down now.

Written By: nally on 04/02/12 at 10:50 am

That was my point Howard. That's why he shouldn't be upside down now.

Of course, that one was introduced after Chucky made the other emoticon sets. But it was after that when he created the inverted emoticon set (which we saw yesterday); that's why Yucky got to play along.

Written By: lorac61469 on 04/02/12 at 11:04 am

Sounds like fun!!  You'll have a blast!!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/12 at 2:19 pm

Of course, that one was introduced after Chucky made the other emoticon sets. But it was after that when he created the inverted emoticon set (which we saw yesterday); that's why Yucky got to play along.

Your use of "of course" implies knowledge of when the emoticons were made.

I still like it better when  8-P doesn't play along with the others. It's more fitting.

Written By: Jessica on 04/02/12 at 2:30 pm

Spring break for the boy.  We haven't done squat today, cause I'm still suffering the ill effects of spring cleaning. ;D

Well, we did start some seeds growing.  Dunno if any will grow, but Jason wanted to try.  So we have sunflowers, nasturtiums, tomatoes, and cilantro started in a little grow kit I found while cleaning the house.  I told him that if I didn't flub up anything (I'm notoriously bad at growing things or keeping houseplants alive), I'll get an outdoor box for the plants.

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/12 at 2:42 pm

It's been an exhausting week. went to LA to see Juliet's play two nights in a row.  The first was fri. I worked 7-5 then drove to LA for the 8pm performance. It was her birthday so I went to Beverly hills to get her cupcakes. (I didn't have any...,that was hard). Anyway it took me an hour to drive the last 11 miles. I love LA but not on a Friday night.  :P

The party went until 2am it was great but I didn't get home till 330 & fell asleep at 4
Woke up at 715 to do the 4 mile walk for my breast cancer walk. Networked a bit then came home and took a nap. At 5 I got ready to go to the play again. It was closing night.  I left at 1 got home at 230 had to work at 7 but conned my co-worker into two hotlrs of OT. I was supposed to work 14hrs on Sunday. I gave him 2 hrs and went in at 0930. Then my other coworker agreed to come in an hour early so I only worked an hour over- 11hrs total.

Last night it was super windy sounded like a wind tunnel and I couldn't stop coughing. I went to work but kept screwing up. Lack of sleep makes me stupid so I went home sick.

I took an hour to clean my car and found my thumbdrive and memory card so I can upload the last of my la pics tomorrow. No I'm going to sleep.

Hope I didn't bore you to tears lol.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/02/12 at 4:01 pm

^ I got tired just reading it, don't know how you lived it  :D

Written By: wildcard on 04/02/12 at 5:51 pm

I've been outside for about 2 hours and threw some mexican sunflower seeds in the ground and some other annuals.  My new best friend is a bumble bee works on my lupine.  It's an annual, I have ordered some seeds for a perenial lupine.  I'll just have to hack them to the ground in winter because they don't go dormant.

Written By: nally on 04/02/12 at 6:04 pm

Sounds like fun!!  You'll have a blast!!  :)

I have a feeling I will. :) It'll be nice if there are some on-board activities I can take part in...like contests, or dances, or events for singles.
We'll arrive in Santa Barbara on Sunday morning (the 29th), and be at sea the next day. Then we arrive in San Francisco on Tuesday of that week, and are at sea on Wednesday... on the way toward San Diego, where the ship will dock on Thursday, then back out to sea Friday, and arrive back in the port of L.A. on Saturday the 5th of May.

Written By: snozberries on 04/03/12 at 12:12 am

^ I got tired just reading it, don't know how you lived it  :D

Just barely.... and it took all I had! lol

Written By: Howard on 04/03/12 at 6:54 am

It's been an exhausting week. went to LA to see Juliet's play two nights in a row.  The first was fri. I worked 7-5 then drove to LA for the 8pm performance. It was her birthday so I went to Beverly hills to get her cupcakes. (I didn't have any...,that was hard). Anyway it took me an hour to drive the last 11 miles. I love LA but not on a Friday night.  :P

The party went until 2am it was great but I didn't get home till 330 & fell asleep at 4
Woke up at 715 to do the 4 mile walk for my breast cancer walk. Networked a bit then came home and took a nap. At 5 I got ready to go to the play again. It was closing night.  I left at 1 got home at 230 had to work at 7 but conned my co-worker into two hotlrs of OT. I was supposed to work 14hrs on Sunday. I gave him 2 hrs and went in at 0930. Then my other coworker agreed to come in an hour early so I only worked an hour over- 11hrs total.

Last night it was super windy sounded like a wind tunnel and I couldn't stop coughing. I went to work but kept screwing up. Lack of sleep makes me stupid so I went home sick.

I took an hour to clean my car and found my thumbdrive and memory card so I can upload the last of my la pics tomorrow. No I'm going to sleep.

Hope I didn't bore you to tears lol.

Wow that was some busy day Snoz.  :o

Written By: snozberries on 04/03/12 at 10:30 am

Wow that was some busy day Snoz.  :o

Well it was a weekend but still busy.

Written By: karen on 04/03/12 at 12:12 pm

I'll just have to hack them to the ground in winter because they don't go dormant.

Is that really the best way to treat them to make them come back next year?

Written By: karen on 04/03/12 at 12:16 pm

End of the financial year at work so we've gotta get those deals in.  Processed a record number of orders over the past couple of days.

Kids are off school and went to a friends house today.

Need to buy some more easter eggs for the egg hunt we have planned.  We've had to give a few away when we've had unexpected gifts from friends!

Written By: wildcard on 04/03/12 at 1:01 pm

Is that really the best way to treat them to make them come back next year?

That is what is done with a lot of plants around here.  How else could I make them come back?  I cant take cuttings because they wont grow.  It's a better alternative then just throwing the plant in the garbage.  If I had a sun lamp and a place to put the plant I could do that.  I just don't have the money I use to and know that if I start saving one plant, I'll want to save 10000.  I had a little bit of tickseed flower that I hacked and it has grown back.  I haven't seen it flower, but the sun hasn't really been out.  With my garden getting direct sun in the summer, this looks like a great alternative for a summer wonderland here instead of a summer oven.

Written By: snozberries on 04/04/12 at 1:04 am

Got an email from the Chief of Police today.... he needs data compiled by Thurs am for a meeting he's having on Friday.... apparently I'm the only one capable of doing it....  ::)

While I'm happy he trusts me with yet another important task I'm super annoyed that he needs this on my days off... I went in today and got 1/2 of it done in 6hrs.  Then I had to load the rest of the data onto a thumb drive and work on the rest of the stuff... tomorrow.  But I'm going to a Mike and Molly taping (last ep of the season and I'm not missing it) so that means I need to log off here and get to bed so I can, hopefully finish the rest of the data in the AM. Then I need to email him to figure out which of the data I've compiled he wants and what he doesn't want so I can make pretty charts and shyt for him to show off to the chancellor....that means staying up all night after Mike and Molly to make sure he has it in his in box by 0700 hrs Thursday...

there go my days off.  >:(

Written By: Henk on 04/04/12 at 1:36 am

Got an email from the Chief of Police today.... he needs data compiled by Thurs am for a meeting he's having on Friday.... apparently I'm the only one capable of doing it....  ::)

While I'm happy he trusts me with yet another important task I'm super annoyed that he needs this on my days off... I went in today and got 1/2 of it done in 6hrs.  Then I had to load the rest of the data onto a thumb drive and work on the rest of the stuff... tomorrow.  But I'm going to a Mike and Molly taping (last ep of the season and I'm not missing it) so that means I need to log off here and get to bed so I can, hopefully finish the rest of the data in the AM. Then I need to email him to figure out which of the data I've compiled he wants and what he doesn't want so I can make pretty charts and shyt for him to show off to the chancellor....that means staying up all night after Mike and Molly to make sure he has it in his in box by 0700 hrs Thursday...

Aww man, that sucks!  :( Nothing better to spoil a day off than work. I gave you karma, because I'm sure your boss won't.

Written By: Henk on 04/04/12 at 1:38 am

Speaking of days off... I have the day off today. It is my dad's 80th birthday! :)

There's gonna be a small party today, and a bigger one on the 21st.

Written By: karen on 04/04/12 at 2:16 am

So what would happen if you weren't willing/able to do this on your days off?

Written By: karen on 04/04/12 at 2:16 am

Speaking of days off... I have the day off today. It is my dad's 80th birthday! :)

Happy birthday to your dad.

Written By: Henk on 04/04/12 at 2:24 am

Thank you. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/04/12 at 7:04 am

Man, that sucks.  :(

Written By: Howard on 04/04/12 at 7:05 am

happy birthday to your father plus it's my Mother's 67th birthday today.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/04/12 at 7:10 am

Happy birthday to your mother.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 04/04/12 at 10:13 am

So what would happen if you weren't willing/able to do this on your days off?

I'm in a precarious position Karen. He's the Chief. It would be like being at apple and having Steve Jobs personally ask you to work on something. If I do this and do it well I'm in his sight when the next promotion comes. If I don't do it at all my enemy who undermines at every turn, is proven right and potentially becomes my boss.....well not really because if she gets promoted I'll go get a job at McDonalds.

So essentially I could lose my job b/c is be forced to quit  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 04/04/12 at 10:14 am

Happy birthday to your dad!

And thx for the karma!

Written By: snozberries on 04/04/12 at 10:15 am

Written By: nally on 04/04/12 at 12:45 pm

Happy birthday to your dad!!

My dad's b'day is next Monday; he turns 59. He'll be taking the day off work so we can celebrate.

Written By: nally on 04/04/12 at 12:46 pm

Lotsa birthdays!! Happy birthday to your mom. :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/04/12 at 2:50 pm

Apparently I am going to miss Mike and Molly dammit...  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Written By: Howard on 04/04/12 at 7:47 pm

Cat

Thank You.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/12 at 7:47 pm

Thank You.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/04/12 at 8:41 pm

I am so tired. I just want to go home. But I know when we do go home, what that will mean.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  We are just in limbo right now.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/04/12 at 10:03 pm

Happy birthday to Henk's dad and Howard's mom.

Written By: snozberries on 04/04/12 at 11:11 pm

((((((hugs))))))) cat  :\'(

16 if the last 29 hrs spent on the project but I'm done!!!
That means I still have my day off tomorrow.  Thought I was gonna be up all night and wind up sleeping it away.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/04/12 at 11:39 pm

The poor little crying bunny just doesn't look right to me.  :\'( 

Written By: wildcard on 04/05/12 at 12:14 am

The poor little crying bunny just doesn't look right to me.  :\'(

a frying pan?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/05/12 at 12:20 am

a frying pan?

Maybe somebody tried to get his feet for good luck? 

Written By: danootaandme on 04/05/12 at 4:26 am

Yesterday Sig and I went to see an estate planner.  She was very happy with out financials, and we will do the paper work to see that we can protect as much as we can so that youngone will be able to have a better standard of care than that offered by social security after we are gone.  :)

Written By: Howard on 04/05/12 at 6:51 am

I am so tired. I just want to go home. But I know when we do go home, what that will mean.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  We are just in limbo right now.

Cat

(((hugs))).

Written By: Howard on 04/05/12 at 6:51 am

Happy birthday to Henk's dad and Howard's mom.

Thank You.

Written By: nally on 04/05/12 at 10:55 am

Cat

(((hugs))).

What Howard said.

Written By: snozberries on 04/05/12 at 12:49 pm

16 of the last 29 hrs spent on the project but I'm done!!!
That means I still have my day off tomorrow.  Thought I was gonna be up all night and wind up sleeping it away.

Well worth my effort!!! Still not worth missing Mike &Molly but it helps.

Thank you Tq!

This is very comprehensive and detailed… I will keep my fingers crossed that this will yield some additional funding along with the alarm data for next fiscal year. Your help and assistance has been invaluable.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/06/12 at 4:19 am

Youngone has been fascinated with the sinking of the Titanic for quite a while.  The fact that it happened on April 15th, and that is his birthday just magnified it.  So, you know what that means.  Today 11:30am matinee.  8-P  I only hope I don't start snoring  ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/06/12 at 6:58 am

Youngone has been fascinated with the sinking of the Titanic for quite a while.  The fact that it happened on April 15th, and that is his birthday just magnified it.  So, you know what that means.  Today 11:30am matinee.  8-P  I only hope I don't start snoring  ::)

enjoy the matinee.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/06/12 at 8:28 am

Good luck.  My daughter wants to go see it again.  I have been able to avoid it so far.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/06/12 at 8:42 am

Good luck.  My daughter wants to go see it again.  I have been able to avoid it so far.

Three hours and fourteen minutes!  3D will be fine, for about 5 minutes, then I get a headache.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/06/12 at 8:51 am

Too bad it's rude to bring a flashlight and a book. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/12 at 1:23 pm

Wanna do something cool today? How about doing this???

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=45966.msg2853459#msg2853459

Written By: danootaandme on 04/06/12 at 6:25 pm

Too bad it's rude to bring a flashlight and a book. ;D

It actually turned out to be pretty good, though it was a bit too long.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/06/12 at 7:20 pm

Did the ship still sink? ;)

How did the 3D work out?  I wondered how they were going to do the 3D. 

Written By: danootaandme on 04/07/12 at 4:57 am

The ship did sink when I saw it, maybe it will if you go, you never know.  The 3D was more like 2 1/2 D.  It didn't pop out of the screen like the real good 3D does, just gave it more depth.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/07/12 at 7:38 am

The ship did sink when I saw it, maybe it will if you go, you never know.  The 3D was more like 2 1/2 D.  It didn't pop out of the screen like the real good 3D does, just gave it more depth.

Oh man, thanks for spoiling the movie for me.  >:(

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 04/07/12 at 8:57 am

;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/12 at 9:45 am

I'm waiting for the 4-D version  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUwGWTjPDJ4

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/12 at 9:57 am

It was too long for me back in 1997!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/07/12 at 10:33 am

Too funny.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/12 at 10:40 am

I was asked the very question this morning by a family member and I automatically said that you get wet, and watch out for icebergs.

Written By: wildcard on 04/07/12 at 11:08 am

I want to see the 4D too

Written By: Jessica on 04/07/12 at 11:50 am

Cooking, cooking, cooking!  Whipped up some pasta salad for tomorrow (although I'll have to, you know, taste test it and stuff today ;)), made a homemade pie crust for the lemon meringue pie, boiled some eggs, and I'm going to make brownies in a bit.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/12 at 12:06 pm

I want to see the 4D too
I had enough of that movie in 2D.

Written By: nally on 04/07/12 at 2:04 pm

It was too long for me back in 1997!
I didn't much care for it myself. :-\\

Written By: wildcard on 04/07/12 at 3:22 pm

I had enough of that movie in 2D.

I don't like it at all, I'd just think it would be fun to see something in 4-D  :D

Written By: Howard on 04/07/12 at 7:28 pm

4-D is awfully scary. :D

Written By: Howard on 04/07/12 at 7:29 pm

Cooking, cooking, cooking!  Whipped up some pasta salad for tomorrow (although I'll have to, you know, taste test it and stuff today ;)), made a homemade pie crust for the lemon meringue pie, boiled some eggs, and I'm going to make brownies in a bit.

sounds delicious.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/08/12 at 3:31 am

Going out for Easter dinner  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/08/12 at 11:01 am

Not going to tell you what I'm doing today even though most of you already know.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/12 at 12:29 pm

Not going to tell you what I'm doing today even though most of you already know.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

(((((((hugs)))))))

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/08/12 at 12:50 pm

(((((((hugs)))))))

Damnit, I can't give you any more karma today.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/08/12 at 3:41 pm

I don't like it at all, I'd just think it would be fun to see something in 4-D  :D

or DDD.  :D ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/08/12 at 3:42 pm

enjoy your dinner.

Written By: Howard on 04/08/12 at 3:42 pm

Cat

(((hugs)))

Written By: nally on 04/08/12 at 7:31 pm

I went out with my family for an Easter brunch buffet today, and as usual, we had a good time and ate lots of good food. This restaurant we go to always does a good job with it.

Written By: nally on 04/08/12 at 7:32 pm

Cat

((((HUGS))) to you, Cat.......

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/12 at 8:43 pm

I went out with my family for an Easter brunch buffet today, and as usual, we had a good time and ate lots of good food. This restaurant we go to always does a good job with it.

Where'd you go?

Written By: Dagwood on 04/08/12 at 9:56 pm

I had a fun day at church.  I teach the 2nd graders.  We had 7 sugared up kids this morning.  Yeah, I came home and napped. ;D

Written By: nally on 04/08/12 at 10:43 pm

Where'd you go?

Ottavio's, an Italian eatery in Camarillo that is family-owned and operated.

Written By: wildcard on 04/08/12 at 11:26 pm

I went to Church and like I do these days don't learn anything or seem to gain anything from going.  My brother John came over from Lodi though to have a ham dinner with us so that was cool.

Written By: snozberries on 04/09/12 at 12:03 am

Ottavio's, an Italian eatery in Camarillo that is family-owned and operated.

Serve seen it many times but haven't eaten there. I've thought about it tho.

Written By: Howard on 04/09/12 at 7:07 am

I had a fun day at church.  I teach the 2nd graders.  We had 7 sugared up kids this morning.  Yeah, I came home and napped. ;D

sounds like you had a blast.

Written By: karen on 04/09/12 at 9:44 am

We went to Dai's mum for the long weekend.  Generally ate too much and lazed around!  Though we did walk a bit on Friday and play crazy golf on Saturday.

I organised an easter egg hunt Sunday morning and I think there are still two out there!

Written By: nally on 04/09/12 at 2:12 pm

Serve seen it many times but haven't eaten there. I've thought about it tho.

You should at some point; the food is great. They even have a weekday brunch buffet (I think on Wednesdays)... as well as a special brunch buffet for Easter Sunday and Mother's Day. In fact, my mom says she wants to go there next month for Mother's Day. :)

Written By: nally on 04/09/12 at 2:13 pm

So anyway, today is my dad's birthday and he's taking the day off from work so that he can spend it with my mom and me. We're gonna go out for lunch pretty soon and have cake when we get home later.

Written By: karen on 04/09/12 at 3:13 pm

happy birthday to your dad

Written By: karen on 04/09/12 at 3:16 pm

I'm in work tomorrow; Dai has the day off.  Elizabeth is doing a Scout expedition challenge.  She and three other scouts are going to a nearby city on the train (two changes) to do a little exploration.  Then they coming back here and staying overnight in a local scout hut, cooking their own dinner etc.  On Wednesday they are preparing a report for their scout groups.  I'm feeling alittle nervous about them doing all this with no grownup around  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 04/09/12 at 3:19 pm

So anyway, today is my dad's birthday and he's taking the day off from work so that he can spend it with my mom and me. We're gonna go out for lunch pretty soon and have cake when we get home later.

Happy birthday to your dad.... and don't forget to tell me where you went for lunch  ;D 

BTW I drive past the ocean every day on my way to work.  On Fri and Sun I saw cruise ships in the harbor and thought Jeff will be on one of those soon  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 04/09/12 at 5:59 pm

Gotta love the clueless people.  My faster keyer gave her two weeks notice today.  The reason?  She is getting her old job back...and they will pay more.  Okay, I understand the need to make more money but the reason she left them in the first place is they quit giving her work because "she was too fast and the other employees complained".  Her hours got cut by half.  The company she is going back to has a reputation of either doing what they did to her or sending their work overseas.

I wish her luck and hope they don't pull the same crap but I fear they will.

Written By: snozberries on 04/09/12 at 6:01 pm

It's National Telecommunications Week...call your local law enforcement agency (not on 911) and thank the dispatcher for their hard work and dedication!

Written By: Dagwood on 04/09/12 at 6:02 pm

I will start with you, then.  Thank you for your hard work and dedication.  I know it doesn't affect me here, but you help others and that is all that matters.

Written By: snozberries on 04/09/12 at 6:04 pm

I will start with you, then.  Thank you for your hard work and dedication.  I know it doesn't affect me here, but you help others and that is all that matters.

Aw thanks Dag.  I wasn't fishing for compliments....at least not this time LOl

Written By: Dagwood on 04/09/12 at 6:06 pm

Aw thanks Dag.  I wasn't fishing for compliments....at least not this time LOl

I know, but everyone deserves a "good job" now and then. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/09/12 at 6:34 pm

It's National Telecommunications Week...call your local law enforcement agency (not on 911) and thank the dispatcher for their hard work and dedication!

Dag beat me to it but

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK & DEDICATION!!!!!

And celebrate with a...

BOOM!!!!!!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/09/12 at 7:34 pm

Happy Birthday to your father.

Written By: nally on 04/09/12 at 8:15 pm

Happy birthday to your dad.... and don't forget to tell me where you went for lunch  ;D 

BTW I drive past the ocean every day on my way to work.  On Fri and Sun I saw cruise ships in the harbor and thought Jeff will be on one of those soon  :)

Wood Ranch in Camarillo.

Yes...in three weeks' time I will be on a Princess Cruise ship.

Written By: snozberries on 04/09/12 at 9:08 pm

I know, but everyone deserves a "good job" now and then. :)

Hey Dag...... You do a good job too! O0

Written By: snozberries on 04/09/12 at 9:09 pm

Dag beat me to it but

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK & DEDICATION!!!!!

And celebrate with a...

BOOM!!!!!!

Cat

The

BOOM!!!!!!

Does make me happy!!!!  Thanks!

Written By: snozberries on 04/09/12 at 9:10 pm

Wood Ranch in Camarillo.

I love WOOD RANCH!!!!

Written By: Dagwood on 04/09/12 at 9:12 pm

Hey Dag...... You do a good job too! O0

Thanks! :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/09/12 at 9:14 pm

Thanks! :)

Welcome.

Written By: nally on 04/09/12 at 10:02 pm

I love WOOD RANCH!!!!

It is a very popular place... often times we drive past it on the freeway and I see many people out in front, waiting for a table (but usu. during dinner hours).

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/09/12 at 11:18 pm

I'm in work tomorrow; Dai has the day off.  Elizabeth is doing a Scout expedition challenge.  She and three other scouts are going to a nearby city on the train (two changes) to do a little exploration.  Then they coming back here and staying overnight in a local scout hut, cooking their own dinner etc.  On Wednesday they are preparing a report for their scout groups.  I'm feeling alittle nervous about them doing all this with no grownup around  :-\\

Wow, that is alot to ask of a young girl.  I mean, it's good for her to know, and I'm sure she'll be fine.  She's a bright girl.  But it would make me nervous as well.

Written By: Howard on 04/10/12 at 6:55 am

Thank You Q you're doing a wonderful job.  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/10/12 at 9:21 am

Wood Ranch in Camarillo.

Where are you going, Jeff?

Written By: karen on 04/10/12 at 11:18 am

Wow, that is alot to ask of a young girl.  I mean, it's good for her to know, and I'm sure she'll be fine.  She's a bright girl.  But it would make me nervous as well.

I had a phone call at lunchtime today.  The first train was late so they missed the connection.  they worked out what time the next train was but didn't somehow didn't realise the train waiting at the platform was the one they wanted until it pulled out  ::)  So they were getting lunch somewhere different to planned and exploring another town briefly.  I haven't heard any more so I assume they got to the right city eventually!  :)

Written By: nally on 04/10/12 at 1:28 pm

Where are you going, Jeff?

Basically up the California coast. I leave from the port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) on the 28th and the ship will be making stops in Santa Barbara, San Francisco, and San Diego. We return to San Pedro on May 5th, so the cruise is one week long.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/10/12 at 3:15 pm

I had a phone call at lunchtime today.  The first train was late so they missed the connection.  they worked out what time the next train was but didn't somehow didn't realise the train waiting at the platform was the one they wanted until it pulled out  ::)  So they were getting lunch somewhere different to planned and exploring another town briefly.  I haven't heard any more so I assume they got to the right city eventually!  :)

Well, that is good for them to know too... about missed trains and backup plans and such.  :)  It is nice also that kids have cell phones too, just in case. 

Speaking of cell phones, I walked off without mine Saturday night and needed to get in touch with an elderly lady that I was doing grocery shopping for.  I couldn't remember her phone number and didn't really want to drive the mile back to pick up my phone.  Luckily I was able to find a pay phone still working (surprise!) and called my hubby (remembered his number) to ask him to confirm if my phone was there and to make the call to the lady for me.  I know, it's not all that newsworthy, I guess I was A.) was amazed a how dependent I'd become on my cell phone (I was rather resistant to getting one) B.) was delighted to see working pay phones outside a store and C.) happy that I actually remembered a phone number since now I use my cell phone s a calender/alarm clock/phone book/and message bulletin board since I don't even have internet access on it (phone being super cheap quality.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/12 at 3:21 pm

I thought you were going around this time as now?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/10/12 at 4:19 pm

Basically up the California coast. I leave from the port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) on the 28th and the ship will be making stops in Santa Barbara, San Francisco, and San Diego. We return to San Pedro on May 5th, so the cruise is one week long.

Sounds lovely.  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/10/12 at 4:20 pm

I can't even lie - I am totally worried about her!  But of course she is so smart and sensible...she will be fine.  I miss you and your family, Karen.  I was looking at some pictures from Philadelphia today, and it seems crazy that it's already been 3 years since we all gathered.

Written By: snozberries on 04/10/12 at 5:10 pm

At least they're allowed to check in!

Sounds exciting. 

Written By: snozberries on 04/10/12 at 5:12 pm

Well, that is good for them to know too... about missed trains and backup plans and such.  :)  It is nice also that kids have cell phones too, just in case. 

Speaking of cell phones, I walked off without mine Saturday night and needed to get in touch with an elderly lady that I was doing grocery shopping for.  I couldn't remember her phone number and didn't really want to drive the mile back to pick up my phone.  Luckily I was able to find a pay phone still working (surprise!) and called my hubby (remembered his number) to ask him to confirm if my phone was there and to make the call to the lady for me.  I know, it's not all that newsworthy, I guess I was A.) was amazed a how dependent I'd become on my cell phone (I was rather resistant to getting one) B.) was delighted to see working pay phones outside a store and C.) happy that I actually remembered a phone number since now I use my cell phone s a calender/alarm clock/phone book/and message bulletin board since I don't even have internet access on it (phone being super cheap quality.)

My cell is making me stupid  :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/10/12 at 5:23 pm

I haven't even figured out how to use mine yet.  Sadly, my smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.  ;D

Written By: nally on 04/10/12 at 6:35 pm

I thought you were going around this time as now?

I did mention to you on another thread that it would be in April; guess I didn't specify the dates in that post.

Edited to add: Yes, I did talk about it earlier in this thread, namely on reply #25.

Written By: Howard on 04/11/12 at 7:16 am

mine is making me smart.

Written By: wildcard on 04/11/12 at 11:19 am

on the 23rd I'm going to have an appointment again at .... my mind just went blank.  Tell you later when I got a better idea of how many days I might be gone this time.

Written By: karen on 04/11/12 at 5:12 pm

I know, it's not all that newsworthy, I guess I was A.) was amazed a how dependent I'd become on my cell phone (I was rather resistant to getting one) B.) was delighted to see working pay phones outside a store and C.) happy that I actually remembered a phone number since now I use my cell phone s a calender/alarm clock/phone book/and message bulletin board since I don't even have internet access on it (phone being super cheap quality.)

I have definitely got worse at remembering phone numbers since storing them in my mobile.  I only know the last 4 digits of Dai's mobile number and no clue at all what Elizabeth's is.

Written By: karen on 04/11/12 at 5:15 pm

Well of course Elizabeth and her friends survived.  A good time was had by all in spite of the travel problems (turns out the bus back from the station to near where they were stopping doesn't run after 6pm in the university holidays - so they took a taxi!).

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/12 at 5:50 pm

Well of course Elizabeth and her friends survived.  A good time was had by all in spite of the travel problems (turns out the bus back from the station to near where they were stopping doesn't run after 6pm in the university holidays - so they took a taxi!).

crazy....but resourceful!  Glad they made it safely and had a good time!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/11/12 at 7:11 pm

Today was just one totally F**KED UP day!!!!!

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 04/11/12 at 7:58 pm

Cat

so I read.

I got real p.....ed of with my mother today and expressed it so my mom would know.  Let me know when this ..appy day is over.

Written By: Howard on 04/12/12 at 7:20 am

Cat

sorry to hear about it.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/12/12 at 9:40 am

Cat

I hate April 11.  :\'(  Biggest hug ever...

Written By: wildcard on 04/12/12 at 10:55 am

It's soaken wet over here, where the L has the sun been?  I'm going to get sinus problems again. 

Tomorrow I go to Sacramento to get my CI adjusted.  They have a new program for it they claim is better.  Don't know but I'll try it.

Written By: nally on 04/12/12 at 11:38 am

Cat

so I read.

sorry to hear about it.

Ditto... :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/13/12 at 7:53 am

I hate April 11.  :\'(  Biggest hug ever...

(((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) to you, too.

I know I didn't acknowledge your loss until now which I hope you will forgive me and understand why.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/13/12 at 11:03 am

(((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) to you, too.

I know I didn't acknowledge your loss until now which I hope you will forgive me and understand why.

Cat

OMG Cat...of course I understand!!  There is nothing to forgive.  :-*  It's a strange coincidence - that's all I meant.  (((HUGS!!)))

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/13/12 at 2:08 pm

They're predicting a major tornado outbreak for the Midwest on Saturday night.

If anyone needs me then, I'll be hiding under my bed sucking my thumb.  :o

Written By: snozberries on 04/13/12 at 2:17 pm

stay safe.....

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/13/12 at 3:53 pm

OMG...tornadoes are one of my biggest fears.  Get the hell out of Dodge!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/13/12 at 5:19 pm

OMG...tornadoes are one of my biggest fears.  Get the hell out of Dodge!!!

Mine, too. All of my nightmares have tornadoes.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/13/12 at 7:30 pm

stay safe Al.

Written By: nally on 04/15/12 at 1:15 am

Today (Saturday) I saw a movie in a theater for the first time in several years: "Salmon Fishing in Yemen".

Written By: wildcard on 04/15/12 at 11:51 am

I've been workin in the closet
now and yesterday.

I'm ready to remove one of the two closet disorganizers.  Hopefully I won't be told that I cant do that by someone.  My parents are at Church right now.

Written By: karen on 04/15/12 at 1:19 pm

^  Just do it!  It's your closet.  Put the whatever it is in the basement then they can't complain that you threw something out.

Written By: snozberries on 04/15/12 at 1:29 pm

^  Just do it!  It's your closet.  Put the whatever it is in the basement then they can't complain that you threw something out.

I don't think they have a basement...most houses in Cali don't......earthquakes and what not  :D .... but perhaps the attic or garage....

Written By: karen on 04/15/12 at 1:32 pm

I don't think they have a basement...most houses in Cali don't......earthquakes and what not  :D .... but perhaps the attic or garage....

That's it, I'm not moving to California.  We loved our basement!

Written By: snozberries on 04/15/12 at 1:38 pm

That's it, I'm not moving to California.  We loved our basement!

I see them all the time on House Hunters... all I remember about the basement at my grandmothers in MD is it smelled musty... and was dark and dank.... they do have them here they just aren't a prevalent house feature

Written By: snozberries on 04/16/12 at 7:50 am

somehow I missed the report of a deputy in Stanislaus (Modesto) County getting shot, he and civilian were shot attempting to serve and eviction notice on Thursday....

I have a friend who's a deputy in that region....fortunately she was no where in the vicinity of the shooting... 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/16/12 at 11:26 am

I found out this morning that my ex-husband's aunt died.  She was such an amazing woman - she was always so good to me, even after my divorce.  I'm heartbroken.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 04/16/12 at 1:54 pm

I found out this morning that my ex-husband's aunt died.  She was such an amazing woman - she was always so good to me, even after my divorce.  I'm heartbroken.  :\'(

sorry for your loss.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 04/16/12 at 1:57 pm

sorry for your loss.  :\'(

ditto :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 04/16/12 at 2:05 pm

That sux ash..sorry

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/16/12 at 4:00 pm

Thanks you guys.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/16/12 at 5:29 pm

Sorry for your loss

Written By: Dagwood on 04/16/12 at 6:12 pm

somehow I missed the report of a deputy in Stanislaus (Modesto) County getting shot, he and civilian were shot attempting to serve and eviction notice on Thursday....

I have a friend who's a deputy in that region....fortunately she was no where in the vicinity of the shooting... 

Scary.  Glad your friend was not there.  This type of thing is why I get mad when people disrespect the police.  They put their lives on the line every day, even for something as simple as serving papers. 

So sorry for your loss, Ash.

Written By: wildcard on 04/16/12 at 6:51 pm

I was out in my garden today and noticed someone left me a present last night.  I'm getting some mosquito dunks.

Written By: snozberries on 04/16/12 at 6:56 pm

Scary.  Glad your friend was not there.  This type of thing is why I get mad when people disrespect the police.  They put their lives on the line every day, even for something as simple as serving papers. 

Exactly. On sat a chief of police was killed one week before his retirement and 4 other officers wounded.
Fire fighters run to fires cops run towards bullets. Both are Herod only one group is usually considered so. Pisses me off.  Everyday my cops come back in one piece (even the ones I don't like  :D ) is another day im thankful for.

And thx Dag!

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/16/12 at 7:11 pm

I see them all the time on House Hunters... all I remember about the basement at my grandmothers in MD is it smelled musty... and was dark and dank.... they do have them here they just aren't a prevalent house feature
Older houses still have the dark, and musty basements. Newer houses have the "live in" basements and they are wonderful!

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/16/12 at 7:13 pm

that sucks!  How terrible.  I just heard of a sheriff 1 day from retiring was shot and killed in a small town, hostage/suicide situation =(  I hate violence and stupid people!

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/16/12 at 7:14 pm

Sorry for your loss!  Hope you are able to send your condolences!!!!  ((((((Hugs))))))

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/16/12 at 7:16 pm

I was out in my garden today and noticed someone left me a present last night.  I'm getting some mosquito dunks.
Mosquito's leave presents???? 

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/16/12 at 7:17 pm

Exactly. On sat a chief of police was killed one week before his retirement and 4 other officers wounded.
Fire fighters run to fires cops run towards bullets. Both are Herod only one group is usually considered so. Pisses me off.  Everyday my cops come back in one piece (even the ones I don't like  :D ) is another day im thankful for.

And thx Dag!
*like*  cause I can't karma you again!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/16/12 at 7:25 pm

(((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 04/16/12 at 9:25 pm

yup  If they weren't mosquitos I'd let the larva wriggle around in the water.  I'm letting the ants put afids on my lupine.  I might get some ladybugs.

Written By: nally on 04/16/12 at 11:09 pm

So today I was reading the Tourbook to figure out what places I'd like to see in San Francisco when I go there with my parents on the cruise in a couple weeks. I've only been there once in my life (and that was August 1991, when I was 11) and I got to see Lombard Street, Ghirardelli Square, and the Golden Gate Bridge... but that was more than 20 years ago.
The ship will be docked there on Tuesday of the week that I'll be away, and we'll be there the whole day, and we're trying to decide what places to see. My mom has made a list (which includes Golden Gate Park, the Ferry Building, and the Railway Museum), and I've started to make one of my own, and one of the locales on my list is AT&T Park, where the Giants play their home games. I'd also like to go to Ghirardelli Square again.

Written By: karen on 04/17/12 at 2:05 am

^ in San Francisco we enjoyed the maritime museum, the open top bus tour and Alcatraz

Written By: Howard on 04/17/12 at 6:59 am

on your arms and legs.

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/17/12 at 7:22 am

yup  If they weren't mosquitos I'd let the larva wriggle around in the water.  I'm letting the ants put afids on my lupine.  I might get some ladybugs.
I was thinking of a bigger "present" in the garden, of a racoon or pet variety...  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/17/12 at 9:28 am

So today I was reading the Tourbook to figure out what places I'd like to see in San Francisco when I go there with my parents on the cruise in a couple weeks. I've only been there once in my life (and that was August 1991, when I was 11) and I got to see Lombard Street, Ghirardelli Square, and the Golden Gate Bridge... but that was more than 20 years ago.
The ship will be docked there on Tuesday of the week that I'll be away, and we'll be there the whole day, and we're trying to decide what places to see. My mom has made a list (which includes Golden Gate Park, the Ferry Building, and the Railway Museum), and I've started to make one of my own, and one of the locales on my list is AT&T Park, where the Giants play their home games. I'd also like to go to Ghirardelli Square again.

The last time I was in SF, Ghirardelli square was kind of a let down.

Alcatraz was my favorite, but Pier 39 is also really cool.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/17/12 at 9:31 am

And thx Dag!

I think a lot of people consider the police heroes.  I know I sure do.  I think it's safe to say that those who do not like the police are normally on the wrong side of the law...

Written By: karen on 04/17/12 at 10:44 am

We had some great crepes on Pier 39

Written By: wildcard on 04/17/12 at 11:01 am

So I tell my mom I need some mosquito dunks and she wants me to use chemicals.  I have no idea what her problem was.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/17/12 at 12:09 pm

I have been to SF a couple of times and Alcatraz is my favorite, too.  After that stroll up North Beach and eat yourself sick.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/17/12 at 1:31 pm

So I tell my mom I need some mosquito dunks and she wants me to use chemicals.  I have no idea what her problem was.

What's a mosquito dunk?

Written By: wildcard on 04/17/12 at 2:55 pm

What's a mosquito dunk?

a thing you put in the water and as it desolves, it's suposed to kill the mosquitos. 

My mom was telling me I need a chemical made for ponds ( I'm thinking I must be talking with a stupid idiot)  "mosquito dunks are made for ponds". 

So p that I couldn't think of the words I needed to type.  I hate stupid weirdos.  Weirdos are cool though.

Written By: nally on 04/17/12 at 5:22 pm

I think our ship will be docking somewhere near Pier 39, so...

We will likely be using the public transportation to get between some of these places (on the mainland).

Written By: nally on 04/17/12 at 5:23 pm

I have been to SF a couple of times and Alcatraz is my favorite, too.  After that stroll up North Beach and eat yourself sick.

We might check out North Beach too. Two weeks from now we'll be up there!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/17/12 at 5:48 pm

So excited for you!  And jealous...  ;)

Written By: nally on 04/17/12 at 5:58 pm

So excited for you!  And jealous...  ;)

Thanks; and then later in the week we'll be down in San Diego, where we do have some things planned. My parents have a friend who lives there; that person will be taking us around that city.

Sorry you had some bad luck when you were at Ghirardelli, though. Could have been one of those days...

Written By: Howard on 04/17/12 at 7:20 pm

a thing you put in the water and as it desolves, it's suposed to kill the mosquitos. 

My mom was telling me I need a chemical made for ponds ( I'm thinking I must be talking with a stupid idiot)  "mosquito dunks are made for ponds". 

So p that I couldn't think of the words I needed to type.  I hate stupid weirdos.  Weirdos are cool though.

where do you buy mosquito dunks? ???

Written By: snozberries on 04/17/12 at 10:57 pm

where do you buy mosquito dunks? ???

At Mosquito Dunk 'n no Donuts  :D

Written By: wildcard on 04/18/12 at 12:10 am

How did you know snoz?

Written By: snozberries on 04/18/12 at 12:11 am

How did you know snoz?

Iget around

Written By: Howard on 04/18/12 at 7:00 am

At Mosquito Dunk 'n no Donuts  :D

OMG that was so funny, my sides are splitting! I gave you karma for that joke.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 04/18/12 at 7:44 am

North Beach leads into Chinatown, in Chinatown they have lots of little places to eat real Chinese food, not that stuff you get in places that call themselves Chinese restaurants.  They also have weird little gift shops.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/18/12 at 7:53 am

Had our annual New York City weekend and the weather was perfect!  We tromped around, met up with a cousin, had great food.  Now we are home again.  It is school vacation week so we are getting up and going to Salibury or Hampton Beach or Salem Willows or something like that.  The weather is cooler but still gorgeous.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/18/12 at 11:52 am

Had our annual New York City weekend and the weather was perfect!  We tromped around, met up with a cousin, had great food.  Now we are home again.  It is school vacation week so we are getting up and going to Salibury or Hampton Beach or Salem Willows or something like that.  The weather is cooler but still gorgeous.  :)

sounds like a great time!

Written By: snozberries on 04/18/12 at 11:52 am

OMG that was so funny, my sides are splitting! I gave you karma for that joke.  ;D

thanks howard! O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/18/12 at 11:55 am

Auction tonight.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/18/12 at 2:11 pm

North Beach leads into Chinatown, in Chinatown they have lots of little places to eat real Chinese food, not that stuff you get in places that call themselves Chinese restaurants.  They also have weird little gift shops.

Just be careful if you buy a little furry animal named "gizmo" and don't let him get wet or feed him after midnight.  :-\\

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/18/12 at 2:24 pm

How fun!  :)

Written By: nally on 04/18/12 at 4:13 pm

Oh yes, there's probably plenty of that. I was looking at a street map of the city and locating all the places we might want to check out, and how we're gonna do it all in the amount of time we have there (which will be pretty much a whole day).

Written By: karen on 04/18/12 at 4:36 pm

Just got back from morris dancing practice.  We are dancing out this weekend (i.e. in front of an audience).  On Saturday it will be in the local town centre on market day.  The council have asked us to support their St George's themed activities.  On Sunday we will be dancing on a village green a short drive away as part of a village fete.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/18/12 at 5:29 pm

Oh yes, there's probably plenty of that. I was looking at a street map of the city and locating all the places we might want to check out, and how we're gonna do it all in the amount of time we have there (which will be pretty much a whole day).

We spent just the one day.  Got tickets for the first boat to Alcatraz, you really have to do that in advance, and better to take the first boat over.  Don't plan on walking from place to place unless you know where the hills are, they are killers.  My special favorite is City Lights Bookstore, a rare piece of American history. Ferlinghetti, Kerouac, Ginsburg, the Beats, the atmosphere, it's all (pretty much) still there.

Written By: Howard on 04/18/12 at 7:45 pm

Auction tonight.

Cat

enjoy your auction.

Written By: nally on 04/18/12 at 11:03 pm

We spent just the one day.  Got tickets for the first boat to Alcatraz, you really have to do that in advance, and better to take the first boat over.  Don't plan on walking from place to place unless you know where the hills are, they are killers.  My special favorite is City Lights Bookstore, a rare piece of American history. Ferlinghetti, Kerouac, Ginsburg, the Beats, the atmosphere, it's all (pretty much) still there.

We're gonna spend only one day there too...namely Tuesday May 1st. Then it's back on the ship for another day at sea and down to San Diego on Thursday the 3rd.

Written By: wildcard on 04/18/12 at 11:30 pm

after my appointment in Sacramento on the 23rd, mom and I are going to visit my aunt that lives in San Diego.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/19/12 at 2:39 am

We're gonna spend only one day there too...namely Tuesday May 1st. Then it's back on the ship for another day at sea and down to San Diego on Thursday the 3rd.

Hmm.  Looks like someone's doing a cruise with a stop in SF.

CA Landmark 941, a plaque commemorating Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, and the Farnsworth after whom Futurama's Hubert J. Farnsworth was named.

39's a bit further north, but if you find yourself further south (intersection of Green St and Sansome St), the Farnsworth plaque is about 2-3 blocks (5-10 minute walk) from Pier 9, Pier 19, and Pier 27.  There's nothing to do there but snap a picture of yourself at the monument in front of the building, but it's a good way to squeeze in one more pop-culture oriented photo-op in less than 15 minutes.  On the waterfront itself (in the same vicinity) if you do chocolate and have another 15-20 minutes to spend, hit TCHO.  No disrespect to Ghirardelli - they make great chocolate and are an SF tradition - but if you wanna bring back something to the neighbors that they probably can't get at home, and you're in the neighborhood, hit up TCHO.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/19/12 at 11:57 am

I think the recession is over because last night at the auction, things were going HIGH! We wanted to buy a dresser but it went over $400. Last year, when we bought a similar dresser, we got it for $100. So, we didn't spend too much last night.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/19/12 at 5:56 pm

I think the recession is over because last night at the auction, things were going HIGH! We wanted to buy a dresser but it went over $400. Last year, when we bought a similar dresser, we got it for $100. So, we didn't spend too much last night.

Cat

I'm happy to hear that you are out doing "normal" stuff.  That's good.

:-*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/19/12 at 6:00 pm

I'm happy to hear that you are out doing "normal" stuff.  That's good.

Yeah, we are trying to get back to "normal."  :-\\

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/19/12 at 7:30 pm

So a local video arcade (that has X-box and real, honest-to-goodness awesome video games from the 80s, and pinball machines) has an all-you-can-play from 4 - midnight on Thursdays for $10.  And look where I am. At the arcade, On the ooze and FB.  I just can't stay away.  :D  You know you're getting old when you don't have the energy to play Pacman or Donkey Kong.  :\'(

So, um... were video games from the 80s played better back in the day then if you played 80s video games now?  (I'm new at this decadology stuff and I can't get the wording correct.)  ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/19/12 at 7:37 pm

Cat

what did you buy? ???

Written By: snozberries on 04/19/12 at 7:51 pm

So a local video arcade (that has X-box and real, honest-to-good awesome video games from the 80s, and pinball machines) has an all-you-can-play from 4 - midnight on Thursdays for $10.  And look where I am.  On the ooze and FB.  I just can't stay away.  :D

So, um... were video games from the 80s played better back in the day then 80s video games now?  (I'm new at this decadology stuff and I can't get the wording correct.)  ;)

;D

I had the exact same dilemma.......well not exactly the same but I had a chance to capture some nostalgia in a new way tonight only I got suckered in to the posts here and playing draw something all day....

Roseanne Barr and John Goodman are taping a pilot tonight for a new sitcom..... I had a ticket to go but couldn't manage to drag my ass off the couch and drive the 2hrs to la (was just there last nite for a Paley event).  Sad I'm missing it but not said about the extremely long night I'd be having----- especially when it's time to get up and go to work tomorrow.

Last night was In Plain Sight.

Tomorrow Jane Espenson is going to be at UCSB.  Jane is a producer writer on Once Upon a time, battle star, she also wrote on Roseannefor like one season......,,.most importantly she's the best writer from the Buffy-verse (second only to the lord and master himself Joss Whedon  :D  )

I'm officially a backer on season two of her web series Husbands so I think she'll have to talk to me and stuff.  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/19/12 at 10:41 pm

Yeah, we are trying to get back to "normal."  :-\\

Cat

Your lives will never be the same.  And that's hard.  But the fact that you two made an effort to do something you enjoy is invaluable.  I've been so impressed with you Cat.  You have been through hell and back and you have shown so much strength and grace through it all.  I owe you infinity karma and a damn lot of respect.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/20/12 at 11:52 am

Your lives will never be the same.  And that's hard.  But the fact that you two made an effort to do something you enjoy is invaluable.  I've been so impressed with you Cat.  You have been through hell and back and you have shown so much strength and grace through it all.  I owe you infinity karma and a damn lot of respect.

Thanks for the ego boost.

I have learned a long time ago:

That which does not break you, makes you stronger.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 04/20/12 at 5:27 pm

I'm going to be leaving for my appointment and maybe aunt visit on the 22nd around 10:30 am  If we visit my aunt, I wont be back until late Thursday.  Definatly posting here again Friday 27th.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/21/12 at 3:38 pm

%$#*&@# Sinus headache.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/21/12 at 7:54 pm

%$#*&@# Sinus headache.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Cat

feel better.  :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/21/12 at 7:55 pm

So a local video arcade (that has X-box and real, honest-to-goodness awesome video games from the 80s, and pinball machines) has an all-you-can-play from 4 - midnight on Thursdays for $10.  And look where I am. At the arcade, On the ooze and FB.  I just can't stay away.  :D  You know you're getting old when you don't have the energy to play Pacman or Donkey Kong.  :\'(

So, um... were video games from the 80s played better back in the day then if you played 80s video games now?  (I'm new at this decadology stuff and I can't get the wording correct.)  ;)

Ooh...do they have Super Punch-Out? That was one of my favorite arcade games back in the day.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/21/12 at 7:58 pm

Ooh...do they have Super Punch-Out? That was one of my favorite arcade games back in the day.

I don't think so  :-\\ ... but they had a few of those games set up to play a half dozen games in one cabinet and since I was feeling ill, I didn't really check it out as closely as I should have.  I will check it out closer next time and report back.  :)

Written By: Howard on 04/21/12 at 8:20 pm

I liked Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

Written By: Henk on 04/22/12 at 1:07 am

That was a fun day I was having yesterday. :)

We celebrated my dad's 80h birthday with family and friends, and we all had a great time! I think about 75 people turned up. We had my nieces and nephew help out in serving out cakes and drinks while my father was about chatting with the guests.
Prior to the party, we (i.e. my brother, sister and I) had lots of decorating and last minute stuff to do but we managed just in time. I even did some spur-of-the-moment shopping for new clothes!

And then in the evening my choir and three other choirs from Den Helder gave a concert in a local church. I had to be there early (6:15PM), so that was a bit of a rush as my dad's party didn't end until 5PM and I also had to change & eat. But all went well and the concert was great!

It wasn't until after the concert that I found out about the other things that had happened meanwhile in The Netherlands...

Written By: snozberries on 04/22/12 at 1:09 am

I haven't heard what happened in NL but glad you had a great day.

Written By: Henk on 04/22/12 at 1:39 am

I haven't heard what happened in NL but glad you had a great day.

See the Today In Holland thread.

And thanks! :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/22/12 at 1:50 am

See the Today In Holland thread.

And thanks! :)

found it.....  that's sad.... on the bright side, my family must be safe or 'i would've heard..

still glad you had a good day

Written By: karen on 04/22/12 at 5:03 am

It sounded lots of fun - if a little rushed and busy at times!

Written By: Howard on 04/22/12 at 7:30 am

We celebrated my dad's 80h birthday with family and friends, and we all had a great time! I think about 75 people turned up. We had my nieces and nephew help out in serving out cakes and drinks while my father was about chatting with the guests.
Prior to the party, we (i.e. my brother, sister and I) had lots of decorating and last minute stuff to do but we managed just in time. I even did some spur-of-the-moment shopping for new clothes!

And then in the evening my choir and three other choirs from Den Helder gave a concert in a local church. I had to be there early (6:15PM), so that was a bit of a rush as my dad's party didn't end until 5PM and I also had to change & eat. But all went well and the concert was great!

It wasn't until after the concert that I found out about the other things that had happened meanwhile in The Netherlands...

glad you had a good day.

Written By: snozberries on 04/22/12 at 10:34 am

Pity... party of one... your table is ready  :-\\

Written By: Henk on 04/22/12 at 10:49 am

Pity... party of one... your table is ready  :-\\

???

Written By: snozberries on 04/22/12 at 11:04 am

???

just feeling down today...I'll get over it.

Written By: wildcard on 04/22/12 at 11:21 am

showered last night and packed my bathroom stuff already.  Got a little time to post and water my plants before taking off.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/12 at 11:23 am

Sounds like a wonderful time.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 04/22/12 at 12:00 pm

Sucks. And this doesn't help either:

Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

Written By: Henk on 04/22/12 at 12:02 pm

Sounds like a wonderful time.

Cat

It sure was.

I'm glad you could bring yourself to reading this. It must be painful for you.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/12 at 12:11 pm

It sure was.

I'm glad you could bring yourself to reading this. It must be painful for you.

The only part that was a bit painful was the fact that it is your Dad's 80th (which my Dad would have been next March). Actually, I think my sister is planning an 80th party for him anyway. But, that is close to my :-X 0th and I haven't decided if I want a party for that or not. But, we ARE going to have a party next year-either in spring for my birthday or in the fall for our 10th anniversary.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 04/22/12 at 12:41 pm

Sucks. And this doesn't help either:

Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

thanks for trying!  :)

Written By: Howard on 04/22/12 at 2:11 pm

hope you feel better. :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/22/12 at 3:24 pm

hope you feel better. :)

thanks!

Written By: snozberries on 04/22/12 at 3:27 pm

I have a friend who's a cartoonist... he drew this... it made me lol...

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/562505_10150696899554436_173523634435_9718531_12561520_n.jpg

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/22/12 at 5:18 pm

I will holler at you as soon as I find my phone. 

:-[

;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/22/12 at 5:25 pm

I will holler at you as soon as I find my phone. 

:-[

;D

:P

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/22/12 at 9:28 pm

I've had a wonderful day.  Worked out in the yard, and helped my dad hook up our swamp cooler.  It was 84 degrees here this afternoon and I laid out in the sun for a while.  I have a bit of a sunburn but it's nothing too serious - I desperately needed the Vitamin D!  I also made a spice cake for my dad (it's his favorite) and finished cleaning the house.  Nothing better than relaxing in a sparkling clean house with a full belly.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/23/12 at 1:06 am

I've had a wonderful day.  Worked out in the yard, and helped my dad hook up our swamp cooler.  It was 84 degrees here this afternoon and I laid out in the sun for a while.  I have a bit of a sunburn but it's nothing too serious - I desperately needed the Vitamin D!  I also made a spice cake for my dad (it's his favorite) and finished cleaning the house.  Nothing better than relaxing in a sparkling clean house with a full belly.  :D

I got home at 6... took effie for a walk at 7.... against my better judgement followed a hiking trail I stumbled across....realized 20 mins in (30 mins into the walk) that it was starting to go straight up the mountain...it was getting dark so I knew if I kept going that it would be too dark to follow it back home...and it came out (according to a person I crossed paths with) at a street I'm familiar with...the only way home was about 5 miles around so I told effie we'd tackle it again in broad daylight.... then we started back... instead of going back to the street that took us to the path Effie wanted to follow the path in the other direction... I knew that would come out on the main street close to our house and we had enough light left so why not.... that was really uneven...and lots of rocks over streams.. I almost fell in a few times  ::)    and then there was a break in the path... I couldn't tell if I went one way whether it would continue or if i'd be stuck at a ravine... I knew one thing for sure... it went down so that meant more rocks and streams... I opted to stay on the high path...this one didn't go up any higher cuz technically we were in the valley of our little foot hill...anyway... I follow that path which was quite level but it curved away from where our house was...I by the time we came out of it we were in a neighbor hood I was not familiar with and I couldnt tell any longer if we we needed to go up or down the street to get back home...thankfully I had the GPS and we were almost a mile from home but at least I managed to go in the right direction...I'm in a bit of pain because the terrain was so uneven it was quite the hike...I'm just glad I didn't run into any bears, coyotes, or transients in the woods...glad I didn't fall into the stream and smash my head on a rock and glad I didn't get completely lost...just slightly... and um... I'm glad I managed to get home before it got to be pitch black cuz that road home is busy and there's no sidewalk (or really any room to walk without being in danger of getting hit)  all in all it was an exciting evening and i'm glad we survived it!  :D    and thank the pharmacy gods for painkillers!!!

Written By: Howard on 04/23/12 at 6:35 am

I have a friend who's a cartoonist... he drew this... it made me lol...

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/562505_10150696899554436_173523634435_9718531_12561520_n.jpg

That's so cool.

Written By: Jessica on 04/23/12 at 10:48 am

I need to finish cleaning so I can tackle other stuff tomorrow.  Getting ready for a trip to Wisconsin this weekend.  Wouldn't even be going, but Rice Cube has to go to some retreat again at the fancy schmancy resort that we went to last year, and the University is paying for it, so yeah.  Free mini-vacation! :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/23/12 at 11:37 am

I need to finish cleaning so I can tackle other stuff tomorrow.  Getting ready for a trip to Wisconsin this weekend.  Wouldn't even be going, but Rice Cube has to go to some retreat again at the fancy schmancy resort that we went to last year, and the University is paying for it, so yeah.  Free mini-vacation! :D

Downside....it's in Wisconsin.
Upside......every other damn thing about it  :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/23/12 at 11:40 am

Hey, at least it's not winter!

Or is it still winter in Wisconsin?

Either way, have a fabulous time!!

Written By: Jessica on 04/23/12 at 11:43 am

It's not too bad.  It's on Lake Geneva, and it has an indoor pool and an arcade. :D  And then there is the fact that it's Wisconsin, and Wisconsin=cheese curds, but I know you don't care about that. ;D

Hey, at least it's not winter!

Or is it still winter in Wisconsin?

Either way, have a fabulous time!!

I don't know, but it's bloody cold in Chicago.  Jeez.  We can't even put Jason's plants outside because they might freeze. :P

Written By: snozberries on 04/23/12 at 1:28 pm

It's not too bad.  It's on Lake Geneva, and it has an indoor pool and an arcade. :D  And then there is the fact that it's Wisconsin, and Wisconsin=cheese curds, but I know you don't care about that. ;D

I don't know, but it's bloody cold in Chicago.  Jeez.  We can't even put Jason's plants outside because they might freeze. :P

You had me at arcade but you lost me at cheese. :P

Written By: Henk on 04/23/12 at 2:14 pm

So... recently I ordered a little something online. Today I found a second notice of failed delivery in my mailbox. (Go figure - I work office hours as well  ::)) Now I can go and collect the parcel...in Alkmaar. That's 40 km / 25 miles from where I live!

Not to mention the fact that I have to collect it within the next five working days... As if I have nothing better to do! (Why'd'ya think I ordered it ONLINE?!?)

%!"*&^$#2#$%@&ing DHL. >:(

Written By: Jessica on 04/23/12 at 4:33 pm

So... recently I ordered a little something online. Today I found a second notice of failed delivery in my mailbox. (Go figure - I work office hours as well  ::)) Now I can go and collect the parcel...in Alkmaar. That's 40 km / 25 miles from where I live!

Not to mention the fact that I have to collect it within the next five working days... As if I have nothing better to do! (Why'd'ya think I ordered it ONLINE?!?)

DHL is a godawful delivery service.  When we lived in California, my dad's lawyer sent him some documents via DHL.  Instead of bringing them up to the door and ringing the doorbell, the idiot got out of his van and tossed them in front of the garage.  I saw it all from the kitchen window.  Unfortunately, I was unable to get the plate numbers, but my dad complained to his lawyer, and they never used them again. ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/23/12 at 4:37 pm

I am SOOOOO sleepyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/23/12 at 4:42 pm

Had the weirdest day today. Seemed like everything that could go wrong went wrong, yet in every case I lucked out and nothing bad happened.

My dumb ass showed up at work this morning an hour-and-a-half late, yet thanks to incredibly good fortune no one noticed.

Written By: Howard on 04/23/12 at 7:52 pm

enjoy Wisconsin.

Written By: Howard on 04/23/12 at 7:54 pm

Had the weirdest day today. Seemed like everything that could go wrong went wrong, yet in every case I lucked out and nothing bad happened.

My dumb ass showed up at work this morning an hour-and-a-half late, yet thanks to incredibly good fortune no one noticed.

well at least some good luck was on your side.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/23/12 at 10:04 pm

Today was so-so. School and work, but now I'm out of the snow, under the blankets, and waiting to listen to Coast to Coast AM!

Written By: Jessica on 04/23/12 at 10:08 pm

Today was so-so. School and work, but now I'm out of the snow, under the blankets, and waiting to listen to Coast to Coast AM!

Wait....snow?!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/23/12 at 10:23 pm

Ugh, yes. It's still coming down pretty hard, and we're supposed to have 2-3 inches by tomorrow. My parents, in Pennsylvania, got about 4 inches and their power was off for 10 hours today. It sucks because just a few days ago, Justin and I were sitting at the drive-in with the windows down in 70 degree weather. Someone needs to change Mother Nature's over-sized tampon, STAT.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/12 at 10:26 pm

It snowed here overnight. A lot of the schools were canceled today, but not our district. Vaughn was sick though, so he stayed home from school. The snow melted pretty fast, but they said we could possibly get 2 more inches by tomorrow. Anyway, spent the day taking care of my sick kiddo.

Written By: Jessica on 04/23/12 at 10:29 pm

What the crap, man?  Dang, Ma Nature is being a bipolar biznatch.  It's cold over here, but not cold enough to snow!

Erin, I hope Vaughn is feeling better.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/23/12 at 10:33 pm

It snowed here overnight. A lot of the schools were canceled today, but not our district. Vaughn was sick though, so he stayed home from school. The snow melted pretty fast, but they said we could possibly get 2 more inches by tomorrow. Anyway, spent the day taking care of my sick kiddo.

Aw, oh no =(! What's the matter with him?

Written By: Dagwood on 04/23/12 at 10:37 pm

I was just reading your posts about snow and the news decided to tell me about the snow in PA.

It was in the upper 80's here today.  My cooler isn't hooked up yet so me no likey.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/12 at 10:46 pm

What the crap, man?  Dang, Ma Nature is being a bipolar biznatch.  It's cold over here, but not cold enough to snow!

Erin, I hope Vaughn is feeling better.

Thanks Jess! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/23/12 at 10:48 pm

Aw, oh no =(! What's the matter with him?

He woke up with a slight sore throat, headache, and he had a slight fever. He rested all day today, and by the end of the day, was starting to feel better. He was kinda bummed though, because he missed the wild animal presentation at school today. :-\\

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/23/12 at 10:51 pm

I was just reading your posts about snow and the news decided to tell me about the snow in PA.

It was in the upper 80's here today.  My cooler isn't hooked up yet so me no likey.

We hooked ours up yesterday.  Me likey a lot.

I'm sure we'll have another snow storm before long though...

Written By: Dagwood on 04/23/12 at 11:01 pm

We hooked ours up yesterday.  Me likey a lot.

I'm sure we'll have another snow storm before long though...

Of course we will.  And it will be followed by people screaming that it never snows in Utah in April. ::)

Written By: nally on 04/23/12 at 11:06 pm

He woke up with a slight sore throat, headache, and he had a slight fever. He rested all day today, and by the end of the day, was starting to feel better. He was kinda bummed though, because he missed the wild animal presentation at school today. :-\\

Oh no! Sorry your kid was feeling so bad. :-\\ Hope he heals up.

Written By: nally on 04/23/12 at 11:08 pm

As for me, today I went to the mall and purchased a few clothing items I'm gonna need for my vacation trip (a cruise - which starts next weekend!!!) and at home I began to sort things out so I can pack them all. So this week I'm gonna be busy packing for my trip; make sure I have everything I need, and the clothes I intend to bring are all washed.

Written By: snozberries on 04/23/12 at 11:39 pm

How much time are you spending in SB? A day or a few hours?
The mission is cool. The botanical gardens. The natural history museum. The courthouse.
If you like sandwiches try having lunch at south coast deli. (several locations) great tri tip sandwiches.
Or eat on the wharf- its small but the restaurants are cool.
Um, state street is our main tourist drag lots of niche shopping and stuff.
If you happen to be here on a Sunday they have a huge art fair basically just walk along the Sidewalk parallel to the ocean and you can't miss it.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/23/12 at 11:51 pm

This Saturday they are having a festival here in Pittsburgh called Pyrotopia.  Basically it's anything having to do with the art of fire.  For example: Fire-eating, fire-breathing, fire-twirling and probably other fiery stuff I don't know the names of.  Sounds interesting and I really hope to go.  It's a free festival (which is even better since I'm darn near broke.)  If you have any desire to see examples of what's going to go on there: www.pyrotopia.net  I hope I get some good photos/film snippets.  At least it will be something new to take photos of, other then my cats.  :P

Written By: nally on 04/23/12 at 11:56 pm

How much time are you spending in SB? A day or a few hours?

We'll be there on Sunday. We plan on going to church there in the morning (taking some sort of public transportation to get there), and then walking back down State Street towards the ship. Don't know what we're gonna do during the rest of the day.

The mission is cool. The botanical gardens. The natural history museum. The courthouse.

We've been to the mission a few times, having driven there in the car via highway 101.

If you like sandwiches try having lunch at south coast deli. (several locations) great tri tip sandwiches.
Or eat on the wharf- its small but the restaurants are cool.
Um, state street is our main tourist drag lots of niche shopping and stuff.
If you happen to be here on a Sunday they have a huge art fair basically just walk along the Sidewalk parallel to the ocean and you can't miss it.

Those are all very interesting, I'm sure; but I think my parents and I are gonna talk about it more in detail later this week.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/24/12 at 12:00 am

Downtown Pittsburgh barely got a dusting.  My hubby's friend who lives in Acme (about a hour's drive from here) got 10 inches (25.4 cm) of snow last night!  :o 

Here is a pretty snowy picture from the newspaper.  I like it if I don't have to out in it.
http://c4241337.r37.cf2.rackcdn.com/04-24-15_snowy-donegal_original.jpg (Snowy Donegal)
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/region/winterlike-blast-hits-outskirts-of-pittsburgh-632807/

Written By: Tam on 04/24/12 at 1:18 am

Just spent an awesome hour and a half on the phone with my girl Q! http://uremicons.com/index.php/d/2911-2/URemicons-tiny-smileys-039.gif Then my phone died. http://uremicons.com/index.php/d/3063-2/URemicons-tiny-smileys-115.gif

Now I have to do up the dishes, pack hubby's lunch and take my butt to bed.

Written By: snozberries on 04/24/12 at 2:00 am

Just spent an awesome hour and a half on the phone with my girl Q! http://uremicons.com/index.php/d/2911-2/URemicons-tiny-smileys-039.gif Then my phone died. http://uremicons.com/index.php/d/3063-2/URemicons-tiny-smileys-115.gif

Now I have to do up the dishes, pack hubby's lunch and take my butt to bed.

Written By: karen on 04/24/12 at 2:08 am

Sending a job application to the primary school across the road from us.  It's for a classroom assistant, pretty much doing what I did when I volunteered in the US.  fingers crossed!

My dad is coming round for dinner tonight.  We can show off our newly redecorated dining room and he wants to show us his new car!

Written By: snozberries on 04/24/12 at 2:11 am

Sending a job application to the primary school across the road from us.  It's for a classroom assistant, pretty much doing what I did when I volunteered in the US.  fingers crossed!

My dad is coming round for dinner tonight.  We can show off our newly redecorated dining room and he wants to show us his new car!

fingers crossed here too!!!

Written By: Henk on 04/24/12 at 3:20 am

This Saturday they are having a festival here in Pittsburgh called Pyrotopia.  Basically it's anything having to do with the art of fire.  For example: Fire-eating, fire-breathing, fire-twirling and probably other fiery stuff I don't know the names of.  Sounds interesting and I really hope to go.  It's a free festival (which is even better since I'm darn near broke.)  If you have any desire to see examples of what's going to go on there: www.pyrotopia.net  I hope I get some good photos/film snippets.  At least it will be something new to take photos of, other then my cats.  :P

But are they gonna set fire to the rain...?

Written By: Howard on 04/24/12 at 6:53 am

Over in New York we had torrential rain. close to 4 inches.

Written By: Howard on 04/24/12 at 6:54 am

Hope he feels better.

Written By: Howard on 04/24/12 at 6:57 am

good luck Karen.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/24/12 at 7:20 am

Downtown Pittsburgh barely got a dusting.  My hubby's friend who lives in Acme (about a hour's drive from here) got 10 inches (25.4 cm) of snow last night!  :o 

Here is a pretty snowy picture from the newspaper.  I like it if I don't have to out in it.
http://c4241337.r37.cf2.rackcdn.com/04-24-15_snowy-donegal_original.jpg (Snowy Donegal)
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/region/winterlike-blast-hits-outskirts-of-pittsburgh-632807/

Patty, Acme is about 15 minutes from my parent's house, they definitely got a lot more snow up in the ridges then we did here!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/24/12 at 7:21 am

Thanks guys! Vaughn is much better this morning, he's heading back to school. One thing about him, when he gets sick (which is rare), he bounces back very quickly!  :)

Written By: nally on 04/24/12 at 11:04 am

Thanks guys! Vaughn is much better this morning, he's heading back to school. One thing about him, when he gets sick (which is rare), he bounces back very quickly!  :)

Good to know. O0

I often bounce back quickly when I get sick... must have something to do with the medicines I take to get rid of the illness.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/24/12 at 11:50 am

The last week has been hectic. I have been TRYING to catch up with everything that has been put on hold for the last month. I am STILL not caught up with the laundry. Getting stuff in our booth (that is STILL open for another year-YAY!!!) and getting stuff up on eBay. Busy, busy, busy. And what I have already done, I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of what needs to be done.

Oh, and I forgot to mention:

Step-daughter #1 is NOT pregnant.
Step-daughter #2 is pregnant (but it is not hers.)
Step-son's wife is pregnant.
Step-daughter #3 is pregnant.

Must be something in the water.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/24/12 at 12:28 pm

Cat

Is she a surrogate?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/24/12 at 12:49 pm

Is she a surrogate?

Yup. But, we have 3 pregnant women in the family right now-2 more grandbabies on the way.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/24/12 at 12:57 pm

The last week has been hectic. I have been TRYING to catch up with everything that has been put on hold for the last month. I am STILL not caught up with the laundry. Getting stuff in our booth (that is STILL open for another year-YAY!!!) and getting stuff up on eBay. Busy, busy, busy. And what I have already done, I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of what needs to be done.

Oh, and I forgot to mention:

Step-daughter #1 is NOT pregnant.
Step-son's wife is pregnant.
Step-daughter #3 is pregnant.

Must be something in the water.

Cat

Send me some of that water! ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/24/12 at 1:05 pm

Send me some of that water! ;)

I would if I could.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/24/12 at 1:19 pm

Yup. But, we have 3 pregnant women in the family right now-2 more grandbabies on the way.

Cat

What an amazing gift she is giving to the prospective parents.

I am unable to carry a child due to female problems, and surrogacy was something that my ex husband and I looked into.  It takes an incredible person to give so much.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/24/12 at 1:38 pm

What an amazing gift she is giving to the prospective parents.

I am unable to carry a child due to female problems, and surrogacy was something that my ex husband and I looked into.  It takes an incredible person to give so much.

Yeah, it is amazing.

There are days when I wish that I had kids of my own-but other days, I'm glad I never did.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/24/12 at 7:36 pm

good to know. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/24/12 at 11:31 pm

I know, I'm disappointed.  I'm still hopeful that maybe, just maybe, the rain will bypass us or be brief.  Usually rain and I are unfortunate adversaries.  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/24/12 at 11:33 pm

I know, I'm disappointed.  I'm still hopeful that maybe, just maybe, the rain will bypass us or be brief.  Usually rain and I are unfortunate adversaries.  ;D

Rain is your kryptonite!

Written By: Henk on 04/25/12 at 2:31 pm

I went and collected my parcel today. For some reason the item (only small and lightweight) was packed in a ridiculously large box. :-\\

Something else: For a moment today I thought someone had stolen my wallet. It wasn't in my back pocket anymore, so I kinda panicked (although I don't keep my credit cards, driver's licence or any other ID in it - and it wasn't holding much money either!).
Thankfully I found it on the floor of my bathroom. I guess it just slipped out of my pocket while I was... well, you know.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/25/12 at 3:07 pm

I went and collected my parcel today. For some reason the item (only small and lightweight) was packed in a ridiculously large box. :-\\

Something else: For a moment today I thought someone had stolen my wallet. It wasn't in my back pocket anymore, so I kinda panicked (although I don't keep my credit cards, driver's licence or any other ID in it - and it wasn't holding much money either!).
Thankfully I found it on the floor of my bathroom. I guess it just slipped out of my pocket while I was... well, you know.

Primping?  ;)

Written By: Henk on 04/25/12 at 3:24 pm

Primping?  ;)

As if I need that. :D ;D ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/25/12 at 4:33 pm

Only if Adele is there, but doubtful.  ;D  (Took me awhile to realize it was an Adele song.  :-[ )

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/25/12 at 4:50 pm

Today I went shopping with my mom. I had to get a bridal shower gift and a birthday gift for Vaughn's friend. It's a beautiful day outside...the sun is shining and it's chilly!  :)

Written By: karen on 04/25/12 at 5:11 pm

Just back from an evening morris dancing outside a pub.  Well we danced a little bit, but its rained pretty much all day here and we only managed a couple of dances in a break between rain showers.  Then we had some food and drink and sang some songs.

It was a full costume night tonight.  This means I was driving across town with half my face coloured green.  I was stopped at a red light next to Dominos Pizza.  I saw this guy walking along chatting to a friend on his mobile.  First of all there was someone dressed in a pizza box advertising Dominos that got in the guys way, dancing around him and then he looked across the street and saw me at the lights.  I saw him do a double-take.  God knows what he said to his friend!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/25/12 at 5:33 pm

Just back from an evening morris dancing outside a pub.  Well we danced a little bit, but its rained pretty much all day here and we only managed a couple of dances in a break between rain showers.  Then we had some food and drink and sang some songs.

It was a full costume night tonight.  This means I was driving across town with half my face coloured green.  I was stopped at a red light next to Dominos Pizza.  I saw this guy walking along chatting to a friend on his mobile.  First of all there was someone dressed in a pizza box advertising Dominos that got in the guys way, dancing around him and then he looked across the street and saw me at the lights.  I saw him do a double-take.  God knows what he said to his friend!

Are there any videos on YouTube of you guys dancing? I would love to see it.

Cat

Written By: karen on 04/25/12 at 5:46 pm

Are there any videos on YouTube of you guys dancing? I would love to see it.

Cat

I think there are some around.  I'll have a look tomorrow and post a link or two.

Written By: wildcard on 04/25/12 at 7:35 pm

hi  remember me?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/25/12 at 8:09 pm

hi  remember me?

I do.  :)

Written By: wildcard on 04/25/12 at 8:20 pm

I do.  :)

Well I wish you can remind me about me some day >:(

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/25/12 at 8:27 pm

Well I wish you can remind me about me some day >:(

Well, you're cute, you like to work in your garden and write parodies.  Did you forget?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/25/12 at 11:28 pm

Rain is your kryptonite!

A little like those weird aliens in the War of the World movie?  :D ;D  Or maybe the Wicked Witch of the midwest?  ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/25/12 at 11:31 pm

Sorry, what's a swamp cooler and what does it do?  Cool your swamp?  ??? ;D

Written By: wildcard on 04/25/12 at 11:32 pm

Well, you're cute, you like to work in your garden and write parodies.  Did you forget?

???

I did like writing parodies, but two things happened to me.  First of all, it takes me all day.  My mom got after me for spending all day when I use to subit nearly every day.  She's right about me spending that much time on it to submit something every day.  She has told me in the past that it is a fruitless activity and it seems to me she wanted me to believe that it's a total waist of time.  I thought keeping up with my writing skills and keeping me happy was important, guess not.  More then that though was the fact that people stopped commenting on my stuff, so I've ended up doing all my screwing around here where I get karma and stuff.

I can use some insporation in doing parodies, I did once really enjoy it.  I use to record some of them too and I owe someone some zorak stuff or something, but something's not working here, I'm not inspired and or can or need to do something else.  Next time I'm over at my Soundclick and if I figure out how to get rid of it I'm going to.  You cant get good free midi's any more anyway's and I don't have money to spend.  Photobucket does video now and can become a harmonica playing crazy person over there if I wanted.

My councelor wants me to get back to painting pictures.  It's something I can do real well, but usually don't know what I want to paint and just don't want 10,000,000 pictures lying around everywhere if I did start a bunch of painting again.

I'll be doing laundry and some paperwork tomorrow.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/25/12 at 11:41 pm

Ann, How was your appointment and visit with your aunt?  Is this a different aunt then who you got your garden frog from?  (Sorry I can't remember, my brain doesn't really retain much anymore)

As for inspiration, could you paint butterflies and/or plants from your garden?

Written By: wildcard on 04/26/12 at 12:32 am

Ann, How was your appointment and visit with your aunt?  Is this a different aunt then who you got your garden frog from?  (Sorry I can't remember, my brain doesn't really retain much anymore)

As for inspiration, could you paint butterflies and/or plants from your garden?

hey my brain never worked so don't worry, The aunt who liked frogs had passed away unfortunatly because she refused to listen to her doctors and get raidation for something.  Wasn't told that, just recently had to try to listen to conversations my mom has with people.  The aunt we saw this time was my aunt Nelly.  I still don't know much about her, She's always been an old lady to me, but nice and caring.

Last time I went, they drew blood from me and stuff.  This time, I got to the psychologic like stuff.  It reminded me how much I hated things like book reports and any other things where you have to read a story and then answer questions.  I cant remember whatever it is I need to answer the question and have to read the whole thing over again.  My councellor wanting me to paint was also part of this current appointment.

Written By: Howard on 04/26/12 at 7:23 am

hi  remember me?

I do.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/12 at 8:09 am

Today I am doing some outside yard work, that is, unless it starts to rain, which it looks like it could. :-\\

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/26/12 at 9:29 am

hey my brain never worked so don't worry, The aunt who liked frogs had passed away unfortunatly because she refused to listen to her doctors and get raidation for something.  Wasn't told that, just recently had to try to listen to conversations my mom has with people.  The aunt we saw this time was my aunt Nelly.  I still don't know much about her, She's always been an old lady to me, but nice and caring.

Last time I went, they drew blood from me and stuff.  This time, I got to the psychologic like stuff.  It reminded me how much I hated things like book reports and any other things where you have to read a story and then answer questions.  I cant remember whatever it is I need to answer the question and have to read the whole thing over again.  My councellor wanting me to paint was also part of this current appointment.

It sounds like your mom is getting inside your head.  John Lennon once said "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."  I agree completely.  As long as you are doing what you need to be doing around the house and whatnot, I see no reason why you can't spend your time doing what you like.

I also think that people go through phases.  Sometimes, I will be reading 5 books at a time, and devouring them.  Other times, I can't be bothered to read anything more than the paper.  If you don't want to paint, then don't.  If you don't want to write parodies, then don't.  But I thought Sami's suggestion of painting specific things from your garden is a great idea.  That way, you can hang them in your room and have your beautiful garden around you all year long.  Inspiration will come back to you.  We all go through it. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/12 at 11:25 am

I get to turn into a pin cushion today. Going to the acupuncturist.

Cat

Written By: nally on 04/26/12 at 11:34 am

Gonna need to do some more packing for my trip today. Yesterday I selected more clothes to bring along.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/12 at 11:45 am

Cat

Cat, I have thought about going to an acupuncturist...does it seem effective for you?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/12 at 12:10 pm

Cat, I have thought about going to an acupuncturist...does it seem effective for you?

For someone who as an acute case of needle-itis, I find that it seems very helpful to me. I originally went for a TMJ problem (my jaw), and my jaw no longer cracks or is very sore like it was.

I am now going to my eyes. The jury is still out on that one-and I won't know until I have next visual field test done (which probably won't be until Sept.). She also is helping with the hormonal imbalance that I have been suffering from for the past couple of years. She only started working on that so the jury is still out on that one, too. She also does a bit of massage at the same time which helps with the stress I have been under for several months now.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/12 at 12:13 pm

For someone who as an acute case of needle-itis, I find that it seems very helpful to me. I originally went for a TMJ problem (my jaw), and my jaw no longer cracks or is very sore like it was.

I am now going to my eyes. The jury is still out on that one-and I won't know until I have next visual field test done (which probably won't be until Sept.). She also is helping with the hormonal imbalance that I have been suffering from for the past couple of years. She only started working on that so the jury is still out on that one, too. She also does a bit of massage at the same time which helps with the stress I have been under for several months now.

Cat

I think I might just give it a try. I have a lot of hormonal issues as well, also a lot of body pain (Fybromyalgia).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/12 at 12:18 pm

I think I might just give it a try. I have a lot of hormonal issues as well, also a lot of body pain (Fybromyalgia).

I have heard it helps for that, too. I don't understand how it works, but if it does, what the hell.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 04/26/12 at 12:43 pm

It sounds like your mom is getting inside your head.  John Lennon once said "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."  I agree completely.  As long as you are doing what you need to be doing around the house and whatnot, I see no reason why you can't spend your time doing what you like.

I also think that people go through phases.  Sometimes, I will be reading 5 books at a time, and devouring them.  Other times, I can't be bothered to read anything more than the paper.  If you don't want to paint, then don't.  If you don't want to write parodies, then don't.  But I thought Sami's suggestion of painting specific things from your garden is a great idea.  That way, you can hang them in your room and have your beautiful garden around you all year long.  Inspiration will come back to you.  We all go through it.

I have no idea why I cant do what I like and what I might need to do for a living. Actually I do have a good guess, It's called dysfunction and my mom may need me around to continue to feel better about herself.  This isn't new for my mom to say I'm being fruitless or something to try and scare me.  I love rinsing dishes and there was a period in time I was the bathroom janitor.  I'll do chores or whatever if my mom asked me to.

I agree that people go through phases.  You know my mom verbally forces me to and has been telling everyone how wonderful I paint? Maybe I just could when I went through my phase.. 

Written By: Dagwood on 04/26/12 at 6:24 pm

Cat

One of my employees did that today for the first time.  She said it was wonderful.  She calls it getting stabbed.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/12 at 6:33 pm

One of my employees did that today for the first time.  She said it was wonderful.  She calls it getting stabbed.  ;D

I had a hard time today. For some reason it really hurt today-I think it had to do with be extremely stressed. Should be better the next time.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/26/12 at 7:52 pm

Cat

good luck with it.

Written By: wildcard on 04/26/12 at 8:03 pm

Finished with laundry, listening to the radio ( I cant get no satisfaction), and the seeds I ordered before I left came.  A passion vine that will grow a lot better in my climate then the ones I got, love lies bleeding, and toadflax.

Written By: nally on 04/27/12 at 12:42 am

At this time tomorrow I should be completely done packing all my necessities for my trip...and then on Saturday morning I leave!

Written By: Howard on 04/27/12 at 6:50 am

At this time tomorrow I should be completely done packing all my necessities for my trip...and then on Saturday morning I leave!

Enjoy your trip.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/27/12 at 6:55 am

I need to catch up on this.  Where are you going?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/12 at 2:33 pm

Bon Voyage!

Written By: nally on 04/27/12 at 5:34 pm

I need to catch up on this.  Where are you going?

From the port of L.A. to Santa Barbara to San Francisco to San Diego and back to the port of L.A.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/27/12 at 5:42 pm

From the port of L.A. to Santa Barbara to San Francisco to San Diego and back to the port of L.A.

I case I don't get back on tomorrow, I hope you have a fabulous trip!!! 

Written By: Howard on 04/27/12 at 7:57 pm

have a good time and bring back some stuff if you want to.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/28/12 at 1:42 am

Have a good time Jeff

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/28/12 at 4:32 am

Sorry, what's a swamp cooler and what does it do?  Cool your swamp?  ??? ;D

Evaporative coolers work like air conditioners, except that instead of using refrigerants in a closed cycle, they just evaporate water.  Great idea for dry climates, not so much if you live somewhere humid.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/12 at 8:23 am

Well, going to a bridal shower today, then a birthday party.  :)

Written By: nally on 04/28/12 at 9:44 am

Have fun! :)

Subject: Re: APRIL showers bring flowers.....what else are ya doin' this month?

Written By: nally on 04/28/12 at 9:45 am

So I'll be leaving the house in about a couple hours; just need to do some last-minute packing and make sure everything's ready to go. We have to report to the ship at noon Pacific time, and we set sail 4 hours later. Should be a good time! :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/12 at 10:07 am

Have a good time Jeff.

I'm on my way to attempt a 6 mile walk. I'm not quite ready for it but we'll see how I do.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/28/12 at 10:33 am

Have a great cruise, Jeff!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/28/12 at 11:10 am

So I'll be leaving the house in about a couple hours; just need to do some last-minute packing and make sure everything's ready to go. We have to report to the ship at noon Pacific time, and we set sail 4 hours later. Should be a good time! :)

Have a good time and a SAFE trip.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/28/12 at 11:19 am

Going to a retirement party of a former colleague of Carlos (dean of students at "THE" college). It gives me a chance to dress-up-but it is a bit cold out and the dress I intend on wearing is more of a summer dress.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/28/12 at 11:36 am

Evaporative coolers work like air conditioners, except that instead of using refrigerants in a closed cycle, they just evaporate water.  Great idea for dry climates, not so much if you live somewhere humid.

Thank you for posting.  I meant to answer this and then just...never did. 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/28/12 at 12:39 pm

Time to go out and waste some fossil fuel for a few hours.  8)

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/12 at 3:28 pm

I'm on my way to attempt a 6 mile walk. I'm not quite ready for it but we'll see how I do.

I DID IT!!!!   

6.3 miles in 2hrs and 10 mins... I'm totally dying now but felt so proud of myself and my accomplishment. Considering I didn't walk at all this week, not since I feel on Sunday, and my furthest distance was 4 miles at the first boot camp and 3 miles one time since that boot camp...lots of 2 mile walks tho.... I wasn't sure I could handle six.  I did well tho. I think I made good time considering I tend to walk a 30 min mile on my own and I essentially stepped it up to a 20 min mile.  now to shower and crawl into bed....why did I agree to work 14 hrs tomorrow and monday  ::)

Written By: wildcard on 04/28/12 at 3:48 pm

I'm suppose to go watking today for at least 10 minutes.

Written By: Henk on 04/28/12 at 4:54 pm

I DID IT!!!!   

6.3 miles in 2hrs and 10 mins... I'm totally dying now but felt so proud of myself and my accomplishment. Considering I didn't walk at all this week, not since I feel on Sunday, and my furthest distance was 4 miles at the first boot camp and 3 miles one time since that boot camp...lots of 2 mile walks tho.... I wasn't sure I could handle six.  I did well tho. I think I made good time considering I tend to walk a 30 min mile on my own and I essentially stepped it up to a 20 min mile.  now to shower and crawl into bed....why did I agree to work 14 hrs tomorrow and monday  ::)

Excellent!! I'm so proud of you! :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/28/12 at 5:14 pm

Did not make it to the pyro festival today.  Been gloomy and spitting rain so I stayed home in a dark house and hibernated.

My mom and brother will be coming up to go to a museum on Tuesday and then to the casino Tuesday night.  It'll be nice to hang out with them for awhile.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/28/12 at 5:16 pm

I DID IT!!!!   

You go girl!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/28/12 at 5:19 pm

Tonight I'm planning on seeing the Spazmatics with a bunch of people from work.  They are an 80's tribute band and supposed to be great.  We are all dressing up 80's style.  I'm going rocker chick with a cut up Def Leppard t shirt, tight jeans and pumps.  On one hand I am totally excited to go, but on the other hand I kind of don't feel like it.  I don't really like crowds...and I'm not a big drinker.  But I'm sure I'll have fun once I get there...

Written By: wildcard on 04/28/12 at 6:13 pm

did my walking and got some soil to start my seeds tomorrow.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/28/12 at 6:37 pm

I gave another stab at seeds this year, looks good with the sunflowers.  I am going to do the straw bale potato thing, pick up the straw tomorrow and start feeding it to get it ready.  :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/28/12 at 6:54 pm

Tonight I'm planning on seeing the Spazmatics with a bunch of people from work.  They are an 80's tribute band and supposed to be great.  We are all dressing up 80's style.  I'm going rocker chick with a cut up Def Leppard t shirt, tight jeans and pumps.  On one hand I am totally excited to go, but on the other hand I kind of don't feel like it.  I don't really like crowds...and I'm not a big drinker.  But I'm sure I'll have fun once I get there...

We want pics!

Written By: Dagwood on 04/28/12 at 7:13 pm

Way to go, Q!

I didn't bring any work home this weekend for the first time in a long time.  I went with my mom to pick her car up from the shop the she, Sarah and I went to lunch.  After that I came home and napped off and on while watching Robin Hood: Men in Tights.  All in all, a pretty good day so far.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/28/12 at 7:14 pm

Never heard of them.  Are they at a club?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/28/12 at 7:25 pm

Never heard of them.  Are they at a club?

Yeah, at Liquid Joes.

http://www.perfectworldentertainment.com/index.php

Written By: Howard on 04/28/12 at 7:26 pm

enjoy your day.

Written By: Howard on 04/28/12 at 7:26 pm

enjoy your vacation.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/28/12 at 7:52 pm

Yeah, at Liquid Joes.

http://www.perfectworldentertainment.com/index.php

Sounds like fun.  I am gonna have to check it out sometime.  It looks so small from the outside. 

Written By: wildcard on 04/28/12 at 8:05 pm

I gave another stab at seeds this year, looks good with the sunflowers.  I am going to do the straw bale potato thing, pick up the straw tomorrow and start feeding it to get it ready.  :)

cool

as mentioned I'll probably starting seeds tomorrow in pots and dig little holes in the ground to add some soil for the seeds that need to be put right into the ground. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/28/12 at 8:12 pm

Had three glasses of wine and I'm VERY tipsy.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/12 at 8:44 pm

Good for you.

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/12 at 8:44 pm

Cat

Good for you  :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/12 at 8:45 pm

Have fun ash!  And yes. We do want pics!

Thanks everyone for the words of support!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/28/12 at 10:20 pm

Well I'm sitting here at the club, my friends aren't here and I am the ONLY one dressed 80's. Lol

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/12 at 11:31 pm

Well I'm sitting here at the club, my friends aren't here and I am the ONLY one dressed 80's. Lol

Ha ha ha.  I'm sorry but that's funny.  I love you....have fun anyway.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/29/12 at 2:43 am

But you're so damned cute!  I love the picture on FB.

Written By: Howard on 04/29/12 at 7:17 am

Cat

WOW! :o ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/29/12 at 7:18 am

you could always dance with yourself!

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/12 at 10:20 am

Ha ha ha.  I'm sorry but that's funny.  I love you....have fun anyway.

But you're so damned cute!  I love the picture on FB.

I missed it earlier but Patty's right.... you look awesome Ash!!!! oh and no worries the people in the club probably think you dress like that every night... It's a natural look for you... and I mean that in the coolest way possible!  lol

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/29/12 at 10:48 am

Slightly hungover today. I wonder why? NOT!  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Not too bad. Believe you me, I have had much worse hangovers in my day.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/12 at 10:52 am

Slightly hungover today. I wonder why? NOT!  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Not too bad. Believe you me, I have had much worse hangovers in my day.

Cat
As long as you had a good time!

Written By: karen on 04/29/12 at 10:54 am

April Showers?  >:(  It was raining when I woke up around 7 this morning and hasn't stopped since!

This morning we went to help at an orienteering event.  It wasn't far to drive and luckily we were on registration so we could sit in the car.  Dai went for a run at the end of the morning.  No one else in the family could face the wind and rain!

Came home, ate lunch and watched tv most of the afternoon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/12 at 10:56 am

April Showers?  >:(  It was raining when I woke up around 7 this morning and hasn't stopped since!

This morning we went to help at an orienteering event.  It wasn't far to drive and luckily we were on registration so we could sit in the car.  Dai went for a run at the end of the morning.  No one else in the family could face the wind and rain!

Came home, ate lunch and watched tv most of the afternoon.
...and there is a hosepipe ban ans we are in a drought    :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/12 at 10:58 am

Forgot the stuff to transfer pics off my camera to the computer at home so I took a pic of the pic on my camera.....

Jeff's ship.....seen on my drive into work...  :D

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/inthe00s/DSC003611.jpg

Written By: karen on 04/29/12 at 10:58 am

...and there is a hosepipe ban ans we are in a drought    :-\\

We don't have a hosepipe ban in this region.  In fact Severn Trent has apparently offered water to Anglian Water.

We'd had quite a dry spell and there was a hosepipe ban threatened around the time they were imposed elsewhere.  It started to rain the next day and hasn't really stopped since.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/12 at 11:01 am

We don't have a hosepipe ban in this region.  In fact Severn Trent has apparently offered water to Anglian Water.

We'd had quite a dry spell and there was a hosepipe ban threatened around the time they were imposed elsewhere.  It started to rain the next day and hasn't really stopped since.
We are having a dry spell at the moment, it has not rained since midday.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/29/12 at 11:09 am

As long as you had a good time!

For the most part, I did. But I did hear some disturbing news. The thing is, I really can't investigate it further-Carlos has to do that and I really hope he does.

Cat 

Written By: wildcard on 04/29/12 at 11:17 am

new readable voicemail !            ???  wtf

everybody is going to church but me and I may be hanging around here for a while.  After they get back, I'm planting my seeds.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/29/12 at 12:34 pm

Forgot the stuff to transfer pics off my camera to the computer at home so I took a pic of the pic on my camera.....

That's cool!  Hope he is having a blast.

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/12 at 12:40 pm

That's cool!  Hope he is having a blast.

I hope he goes to that art fair I was telling him about it's pretty cool.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/12 at 12:43 pm

Well spotted, all we need now is a long distance range camera, so that we can see Jeff on the deck.

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/12 at 12:45 pm

Well spotted, all we need now is a long distance range camera, so that we can see Jeff on the deck.

I left that camera at home.....plus I Was late for work so I had to take a quick shot and rush on my way! lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/12 at 12:49 pm

I left that camera at home.....plus I Was late for work so I had to take a quick shot and rush on my way! lol

May be a chance when the boat returns?

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/12 at 12:51 pm

May be a chance when the boat returns?

perhaps... I forget when he said it was coming back thru. 

Nice view on my drive to work right? Only reason worth getting up in the mornings....except for maybe the paycheck  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/12 at 12:53 pm

Nice view on my drive to work right? Only reason worth getting up in the mornings....except for maybe the paycheck  ;D
He did say somewhere online, I see if I can find it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/12 at 12:55 pm

...making one last post before I go on my week-long vacation. See you all when I get back!!! :) ;) 8) O0 :-*
So in a weeks time.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/29/12 at 1:31 pm

And what did I tell you about driving and taking pics?  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/12 at 1:54 pm

So in a weeks time.

Oh I knew it was a week long cruise I just wasn't sure if it stopped in SB on the return trip.

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/12 at 1:55 pm

And what did I tell you about driving and taking pics?  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Cat

I stopped the car for that one....otherwise the pic would've been just a blur  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/29/12 at 2:02 pm

I stopped the car for that one....otherwise the pic would've been just a blur  :P

Good! That is what you are supposed to do.  ;D :D :D :D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/12 at 2:04 pm

Good! That is what you are supposed to do.  ;D :D :D :D

Cat

actually that was way more dangerous...narrow mountain road/ blind curve and all that... but it was 720 in the am....on a sunday...chances of anyone coming up behind me were slim.  :D

Written By: Howard on 04/29/12 at 7:47 pm

Cat

take an aspirin or have some coffee.

Written By: Howard on 04/29/12 at 7:48 pm

We are having a dry spell at the moment, it has not rained since midday.

New York had rain the other day.

Written By: wildcard on 04/29/12 at 8:08 pm

we are use to dry spells here in Modesto

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/29/12 at 8:21 pm

That really is so cool.  :)

Had a great time last night - my one friend and I were the only ones who dressed 80's and we had a blast.  Just danced our asses off and drank and laughed.  And I got SO MANY compliments on my outfit.  LOL.  People kept saying that they were gonna dress up next time.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/12 at 8:24 pm

Had a great time last night - my one friend and I were the only ones who dressed 80's and we had a blast.  Just danced our asses off and drank and laughed.  And I got SO MANY compliments on my outfit.  LOL.  People kept saying that they were gonna dress up next time.  :)

at least you weren't alone after all!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/29/12 at 8:41 pm

You looked so cute, Ash! :)

As for me, I worked way too hard today at my house. I am desperately trying to get organized, but I am paying for it now (back hurts!). :-\\

Written By: Howard on 04/30/12 at 6:48 am

That's good, at least you both ahad a good time.

Written By: Howard on 04/30/12 at 6:50 am

You looked so cute, Ash! :)

As for me, I worked way too hard today at my house. I am desperately trying to get organized, but I am paying for it now (back hurts!). :-\\

just take it easy, get some rest.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/30/12 at 10:44 am

take an aspirin or have some coffee.

Don't drink coffee.  8-P 8-P 8-P

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/30/12 at 11:06 am

Cat

I'll drink it for you.  ;D

Written By: wildcard on 04/30/12 at 1:12 pm

today is my laundry day and I have my bedding in the dryer and my pants in the wash.  Isn't that exciting?

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/12 at 1:24 pm

so this was posted today.... by Seamus Deaver..... are you paying attention Ash???

During filming of tonight's Zombie episode of Castle, @KitMoxie kept rejecting my suggested dialogue "Brains....Brains!" #TVGold

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/30/12 at 1:51 pm

Just got off the phone with my massage therapist. He will be here in about 45 minutes.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/30/12 at 2:02 pm

so this was posted today.... by Seamus Deaver..... are you paying attention Ash???

During filming of tonight's Zombie episode of Castle, @KitMoxie kept rejecting my suggested dialogue "Brains....Brains!" #TVGold

I'm paying attention, but I don't know who Seamus Deaver is.

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/12 at 2:03 pm

Just got off the phone with my massage therapist. He will be here in about 45 minutes.

Cat

as much as I dislike massages...I found myself thinking I could really use one today!!!

Enjoy it!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/30/12 at 2:04 pm

Cat

Jealous!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/30/12 at 2:16 pm

as much as I dislike massages...I found myself thinking I could really use one today!!!

Enjoy it!

I always do.

Jealous!

I have said it before and I will say it again.

I am VERY spoiled.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/12 at 2:20 pm

I'm paying attention, but I don't know who Seamus Deaver is.

He plays Ryan on Castle....

http://images.wikia.com/castletv/images/1/16/Dever.jpg

He also shot Michael or something on GH... I missed those eps.

Written By: Howard on 04/30/12 at 7:35 pm

Cat

hot tea then?  ???

Written By: Howard on 04/30/12 at 7:36 pm

Enjoy it!

I need one too, man, pushing carts can really do your back out.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 04/30/12 at 9:00 pm

I just got a new computer :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/30/12 at 9:26 pm

Yay!

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/12 at 10:22 pm

color me green with envy!

Written By: danootaandme on 05/01/12 at 5:53 am

This is an invitation to view a retirement community in Wenham, Massachusetts.  It is a pricey place(350,00-1,000,000) in a pricey community, but if we pool our funds maybe we can cram ourselves into one of the units.

http://penguinhall.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/schedule_a_tour.gif

http://penguinhall.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/penguin_hall_rear_view.jpg

Written By: Howard on 05/01/12 at 6:57 am

YAY! How do you like it?

Written By: snozberries on 05/01/12 at 1:20 pm

This is an invitation to view a retirement community in Wenham, Massachusetts.  It is a pricey place(350,00-1,000,000) in a pricey community, but if we pool our funds maybe we can cram ourselves into one of the units.

I can see it now- everyone in their individual rooms, illuminated by the glow of their monitors as they post online for their neighboring penguins lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/12 at 1:43 pm

I cannot see any penguins.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/01/12 at 5:45 pm

I'm in.  And if we can jack that Corey Haim guy for all of the money he is collecting, we will be that much closer!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/01/12 at 6:16 pm

I'm in.  And if we can jack that Corey Haim guy for all of the money he is collecting, we will be that much closer!

Dammit, I wish someone would have let me in on this caper, I wouldn't have traumatized the poor bastard.  :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 05/01/12 at 7:33 pm

"Gilded Age Mischief

A 1935 book cel­e­brat­ing the ele­gant man­sions of archi­tect Har­rie T. Lin­de­berg (“The Amer­i­can Lutyens”) includes ten pages on Pen­guin Hall, the 20,000 square foot Manor House that graced a 50 acre estate in Wen­ham, Mass­a­chu­setts. Photo nota­tions reveal the owner to be one Mrs. Ruby Boyer Miller of Grosse Point, Michi­gan — a curi­ous fem­i­nine excep­tion in an era of pre­sump­tive male domin­ion, espe­cially when Mr. Miller still remained among the quick. Things become more intrigu­ing when you learn a bit about the lady of the manor:

Ruby became a fab­u­lously wealthy woman by choos­ing Joseph Boyer as her father, he who acquired the St. Louis-based Bur­roughs Adding Machine Com­pany, trans­ported all equip­ment and per­son­nel by pri­vate train to Detroit and built Bur­roughs into an indus­trial colossus.
    After father­ing two chil­dren, hus­band William Anson Miller II seems to have devel­oped a more sup­port­ive rela­tion­ship with pal­lia­tive restora­tives (i.e. high-end booze) than he did with Ruby, and WAM II left no foot­prints on his wife’s Wen­ham property.
    Serendip­i­tously, or more log­i­cally by cal­cu­lat­ing arrange­ment, the ten­der affec­tions of Admi­ral Richard Eve­lyn Byrd spared Ruby sum­mers of lone­li­ness, he a local hero whose explo­rations ven­tured beyond Antarctica.
    Thus the two bronze pen­guins brack­et­ing the court­yard entrance; thus the name
    Pen­guin Hall, thus the sug­ges­tive spi­der­web door, thus the zodiac sym­bols around
    the entrance, thus the hearts built into the roof drains and anther that appears on the court­yard, and thus other mys­te­ri­ous orna­men­ta­tions that defy explanation.
    What Mrs. Richard E. Byrd thought about this arrange­ment remains unrecorded."

http://d2nxvnj9b2h8rk.cloudfront.net/archive/x221021467/g12c000000000000000ecc6effe308d8c13010c72d7131d9d97f5ca6f4d.jpg

Written By: Howard on 05/01/12 at 7:45 pm

Me neither.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/02/12 at 6:32 am

Me neither.

The picture above, the statue on the top of the column is a penquin. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/02/12 at 11:20 am

"Gilded Age Mischief

A 1935 book cel­e­brat­ing the ele­gant man­sions of archi­tect Har­rie T. Lin­de­berg (“The Amer­i­can Lutyens”) includes ten pages on Pen­guin Hall, the 20,000 square foot Manor House that graced a 50 acre estate in Wen­ham, Mass­a­chu­setts. Photo nota­tions reveal the owner to be one Mrs. Ruby Boyer Miller of Grosse Point, Michi­gan — a curi­ous fem­i­nine excep­tion in an era of pre­sump­tive male domin­ion, espe­cially when Mr. Miller still remained among the quick. Things become more intrigu­ing when you learn a bit about the lady of the manor:

Ruby became a fab­u­lously wealthy woman by choos­ing Joseph Boyer as her father, he who acquired the St. Louis-based Bur­roughs Adding Machine Com­pany, trans­ported all equip­ment and per­son­nel by pri­vate train to Detroit and built Bur­roughs into an indus­trial colossus.
    After father­ing two chil­dren, hus­band William Anson Miller II seems to have devel­oped a more sup­port­ive rela­tion­ship with pal­lia­tive restora­tives (i.e. high-end booze) than he did with Ruby, and WAM II left no foot­prints on his wife’s Wen­ham property.
    Serendip­i­tously, or more log­i­cally by cal­cu­lat­ing arrange­ment, the ten­der affec­tions of Admi­ral Richard Eve­lyn Byrd spared Ruby sum­mers of lone­li­ness, he a local hero whose explo­rations ven­tured beyond Antarctica.
    Thus the two bronze pen­guins brack­et­ing the court­yard entrance; thus the name
    Pen­guin Hall, thus the sug­ges­tive spi­der­web door, thus the zodiac sym­bols around
    the entrance, thus the hearts built into the roof drains and anther that appears on the court­yard, and thus other mys­te­ri­ous orna­men­ta­tions that defy explanation.
    What Mrs. Richard E. Byrd thought about this arrange­ment remains unrecorded."

http://d2nxvnj9b2h8rk.cloudfront.net/archive/x221021467/g12c000000000000000ecc6effe308d8c13010c72d7131d9d97f5ca6f4d.jpg

When I was living in Tulsa, OK, I went to Richard E. Byrd Jr. High (I was in the 9th grade) and the mascot was (what else?) a PENGUIN!!!

Cat

Written By: nally on 05/05/12 at 3:34 pm

Excellent capture!! :) 8) O0

Yep...I was on the Sapphire Princess.

Written By: nally on 05/05/12 at 3:40 pm

Oh I knew it was a week long cruise I just wasn't sure if it stopped in SB on the return trip.

No, it didn't. It anchored in Santa Barbara on that day only and the crew used lifeboats (also known as tenders) to take everyone from the ship to the shore and back.

And from there it went to San Francisco, and in heading back south, went directly to San Diego.

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/12 at 5:12 pm

Excellent capture!! :) 8) O0

Yep...I was on the Sapphire Princess.

If you want it Jeff I can send you the jog via FB or email.

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/12 at 5:14 pm

Btw- how was te trip? What did you guys do at all te ports?
If you posted elsewhere feel free to just share the link...... If you post in the may thread I'll find it ;)

Welcome back

Written By: nally on 05/05/12 at 9:44 pm

If you want it Jeff I can send you the jog via FB or email.

Sure, that would be great. Btw I am on FB but I don't think I have ya as a friend yet.

Btw- how was te trip? What did you guys do at all te ports?
If you posted elsewhere feel free to just share the link...... If you post in the may thread I'll find it ;)

Welcome back

Thanks; yes I will post on the May thread soon enough and tell you all how well my trip was. :)
I will also post pictures when I have the opportunity.

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/12 at 10:32 pm

Sure, that would be great. Btw I am on FB but I don't think I have ya as a friend yet.

Thanks; yes I will post on the May thread soon enough and tell you all how well my trip was. :)
I will also post pictures when I have the opportunity.

Unless u have super secret settings I should be able to send you a message.  I will be up loading my pics sometime btwn Sunday& thurs. 

Check for new replies or respond here...