inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Ideas For Movies and TV Shows

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/13/12 at 11:11 pm

I was just looking at the list of the new fall shows, and there were only a couple that peaked my interest. I was thinking we could do better at least in writing the plots for TV shows and movies. Do you have a idea for a cool series or movie? I don't want plots for movies and shows that have already been done to death. I am also in the process of writing a mock documentary based on 90s rock bands, only it'll be serious since mockumentary comedies on the same subject have been done to death. I have faith in future, although blind as it is. Let's show Hollywood what people really want to see. 

Subject: Re: New Ideas For Movies and TV Shows

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/12 at 12:16 pm

I'm not giving you my ideas unless I get a written promise of a job when you pitch and sell the show ideas  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/14/12 at 2:57 pm

As The Inthe00's Turns.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 05/14/12 at 4:32 pm

The Misadventures of Decadeology.

This show stars two hair brained morons who come up with the idea of merging two years together, which creates a time paradox that loops the cycle into a state of emergency.  This causes the life genius to morph into a well wisher of good faith. 

It's a show that does not make any sense, but you cannot look away because you want to know how it ends up, if in the end, it all does make sense

Written By: Howard on 05/14/12 at 7:53 pm

How about a show about "nothing"?  ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/14/12 at 9:42 pm

I'm not giving you my ideas unless I get a written promise of a job when you pitch and sell the show ideas  :D

LOL :D I'll see what I can do.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/14/12 at 9:43 pm

As The Inthe00's Turns.

Cat

Love it.  :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/14/12 at 9:45 pm

The Misadventures of Decadeology.

This show stars two hair brained morons who come up with the idea of merging two years together, which creates a time paradox that loops the cycle into a state of emergency.  This causes the life genius to morph into a well wisher of good faith. 

It's a show that does not make any sense, but you cannot look away because you want to know how it ends up, if in the end, it all does make sense

That one would be too cerebral for the network studio heads, but it's at least worth trying. 8)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/14/12 at 9:46 pm

How about a show about "nothing"?  ;)

It's already been done, but we can always use good "nothing" shows. ;)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/15/12 at 4:07 am

They could always add Extreme Pogo Stick Freestyling to the X-Games.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/15/12 at 6:50 am

Debbie Does Decades?  :D

Written By: Tia on 05/15/12 at 10:48 am

until Steven Spielberg came along and screwed it up i always wanted to do a War of the Worlds based on the idea that the 1930s Orson Welles radio hoax was really an alien invasion and the hoax thing was a coverup, and the secret US government had captured one of the alien death machines and had secretly for the last 80 years been using it as a design to build a secret army of death machines in case the martians ever came back.

So the upshot would be the aliens DO come back, but it's been 80 years so they've had time to design even BETTER death machines. (And i know what you're thinking, wise guy, but they've inoculated themselves against the common cold this time.) Huge SFX wars and explosions ensue and meanwhile someone, probably played by shia LaBoeuf, has to travel to Mars and find a way to assassinate the queen martian because the earthling death machines are no match for the new and improved ones.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/15/12 at 12:09 pm

Celebrity Titty-Twister with Danny Bonaduce.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/15/12 at 12:56 pm

until Steven Spielberg came along and screwed it up i always wanted to do a War of the Worlds based on the idea that the 1930s Orson Welles radio hoax was really an alien invasion and the hoax thing was a coverup, and the secret US government had captured one of the alien death machines and had secretly for the last 80 years been using it as a design to build a secret army of death machines in case the martians ever came back.

So the upshot would be the aliens DO come back, but it's been 80 years so they've had time to design even BETTER death machines. (And i know what you're thinking, wise guy, but they've inoculated themselves against the common cold this time.) Huge SFX wars and explosions ensue and meanwhile someone, probably played by shia LaBoeuf, has to travel to Mars and find a way to assassinate the queen martian because the earthling death machines are no match for the new and improved ones.

Have you watched the series Falling Skies?

Written By: Tia on 05/15/12 at 1:08 pm

Have you watched the series Falling Skies?
i haven't! but it looks cool, i put the first disk on my netflix queue.  8)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/15/12 at 6:20 pm

In the more rural, sparsely populated states, the state usually runs the crime labs and the Crime Scene Investigation units, which investigate the crime scenes in rural areas where the local police and/or sheriff departments have neither the equipment nor the training to properly and thoroughly do so. In Nebraska, for example, the State Patrol runs the CSI lab.

I think it would be kind of neat if they did a CSI show about one of these state-run crime labs and investigators. CSI: Nebraska, anyone?  ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/15/12 at 7:30 pm

Celebrity Titty-Twister with Danny Bonaduce.  ;D

Can it be done with a large breasted woman?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/12 at 10:27 am

i haven't! but it looks cool, i put the first disk on my netflix queue.  8)

its not bad....a little low on the budget side so it feels like a show from 1989 but still it's really cool.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/17/12 at 1:24 am

I was just looking at the list of the new fall shows, and there were only a couple that peaked my interest.

And now, a word from Foo's Peeve Ranch:

"pique, (pēk), verb, transitive, 2: to provoke; arouse: The portrait piqued her curiosity."

It piqued your interest.  (Your interest reached a peak at some point, but that's got nothing to do with the correct word :)

Let's show Hollywood what people really want to see.

My pet peeve out of the way, I'd like to see Honk Bag turned into a real TV game show.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7299/honkbag7scsd9.jpg

The origin of the meme was on Fark, January 22, 2006, wherein a Farker named "Cake Hunter" proposed "Honk Bag" as a "Two-hour miniseries where people just whomp on trashbags full of squeaky toys", and now you've witnessed the birth of a minor meme.

Written By: ralfy on 09/27/16 at 7:58 am

"'Stranger Things' Proves Hollywood Should Rip Off Instead Of Remake"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/08/24/stranger-things-proves-hollywood-should-rip-off-instead-of-remake/

Check for new replies or respond here...