inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hope your JULY starts with a bang...independent Zombies are the scariest ones

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/12 at 2:30 pm

Lol you knew I had to get Zombies in there somewhere  :D

So......how are you celebrating Sami's birthday.... I mean the month of July?

Subject: Re: Hope your JULY starts with a bang...independent Zombies are the scariest ones

Written By: wildcard on 06/29/12 at 3:53 pm

I'm eating flesh at Zombies

Subject: Re: Hope your JULY starts with a bang...independent Zombies are the scariest ones

Written By: nally on 06/29/12 at 3:54 pm

I already know I'm gonna have some plans on the 4th, 11th, and 14th... to be discussed later.

Written By: wildcard on 06/29/12 at 3:58 pm

The 17th I get my Ci adjusted so I can hopfully pick up all tones in my one ear so I'll hear all people and music correctly.

Written By: Howard on 06/29/12 at 7:45 pm

I'm off on the 4th but I got long hours on Monday so I can relax Tuesday And Wednesday.

Written By: amjikloviet on 06/30/12 at 10:35 am

I hope everyone here will have the 4th off. I know I do, thankfully. Not many people will be that fortunate though and will have to work on that Wednesday.

Written By: snozberries on 06/30/12 at 10:46 am

I hope everyone here will have the 4th off. I know I do, thankfully. Not many people will be that fortunate though and will have to work on that Wednesday.

I will be one of the poor saps working. I was supposed to work a 14hr shift but cut a deal with another dispatch. She wants off for a BBQ. I don't have plans so I'm going in at noon and working til 10pm- much better than the 0730-2130 I was scheduled for.

Written By: amjikloviet on 06/30/12 at 10:58 am

I will be one of the poor saps working. I was supposed to work a 14hr shift but cut a deal with another dispatch. She wants off for a BBQ. I don't have plans so I'm going in at noon and working til 10pm- much better than the 0730-2130 I was scheduled for.

Maybe you won't be so busy. Usually around a holiday things get slow and there isn't much work to be done :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/12 at 10:59 am

I hope to be avoiding zombies for the whole duration of July.  ;D

Written By: wildcard on 06/30/12 at 11:13 am

Oh yeah almost forgot about my eye check up on the third.  You know about the ear appointment I'm exited about. 

Written By: Dagwood on 06/30/12 at 12:49 pm

I have the fourth off but no plans, I still have to work the fifth.  I took the sixth off, though.  My sister's bday is Thursday so she is coming down and we are going to hit a couple of museums, dinosaur and natural history, and go to her dad's for a BBQ.  Should be a fun weekend.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/12 at 2:28 pm

Lol you knew I had to get Zombies in there somewhere  :D

So......how are you celebrating Sami's birthday.... I mean the month of July?

28 days later, the Olympics will be on in London!

Written By: snozberries on 06/30/12 at 3:24 pm

Maybe you won't be so busy. Usually around a holiday things get slow and there isn't much work to be done :)

Not exactly. Between alcohol related fights, drunk drivers, illegal fireworks and "shots fired" calls (which always turn out to be fireworks) I should be plenty busy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/30/12 at 3:26 pm

Not exactly. Between alcohol related fights, drunk drivers, illegal fireworks and "shots fired" calls (which always turn out to be fireworks) I should be plenty busy.

Not to mention the full moon.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 06/30/12 at 3:28 pm

I hope to be avoiding zombies for the whole duration of July.  ;D

Good luck with that. I'm sure to encounter at least one hoard in San Diego for comic con. I wish I could stay all weekend but I can't bring Effie and hotel rooms are outrageous so I'm driving down Wednesday and doing Thursday only.

Written By: snozberries on 06/30/12 at 3:30 pm

Cat

Oh No!!!! Please. Not a full moon. God I working when there's a full moon.

Written By: warped on 06/30/12 at 3:44 pm

Happy Canada day (tomorrow) to all the Canadians here.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__mokxbTmuJM/R1D3MAaa9-I/AAAAAAAABAU/q0CuxqwSUkE/s1600-R/canadian-flag.gif

Written By: Howard on 06/30/12 at 7:46 pm

I have the 4th off but I'll be working on Monday.

Written By: nally on 07/01/12 at 12:30 am

I have the 4th off but I'll be working on Monday.

My family and I will all have the 4th off. But they will be working all other weekdays during that week. As for me, I'm still lookin'.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/01/12 at 2:36 am

Had a big night out last night.  Jake had a reaction to the anesthesia he had when he had his wisdom teeth were pulled(4) and became dehydrated, we were in the emergency room for a couple of hours.  Luckily it was a slow night, not too many people in so we were taken in pretty much immediately, was given fluids, and is much better. Check this, we had a real nurse!  Not a nurses aide with 9 months at a pay to play school, a real registered nurse.  That is why I go right into Boston instead of the community hospitals, most of which have become for profit.  I just love registered nurses.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/12 at 2:58 am

Cat
The next Full Moon will be on Tuesday 3rd June, I will be taking cover that day.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/12 at 2:59 am

Happy Canada day (tomorrow) to all the Canadians here.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__mokxbTmuJM/R1D3MAaa9-I/AAAAAAAABAU/q0CuxqwSUkE/s1600-R/canadian-flag.gif

Have a nice day!

Written By: karen on 07/01/12 at 3:43 am

Not everyone has this as a holiday.  It's just a regular work day for me

New job starts tomorrow!
And I had a really weird dream about it.Started off with my old boss trying to give me an appointment to see a customer to sell them some windows.  He'd alreay agreed the price and said they were so ready to sign up that even I could sell to them!  Anyway on the way to the appointment I remembered I was supposed to be starting my new job, so I made my way to the school to explain why I'd be delayed.  I couldn't find the science labs and ended up wandering about the school kitchens and breaking through a wall to climb up a spiral staircase  :-\\

totally weird

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/12 at 5:04 am

New job starts tomorrow!
And I had a really weird dream about it.Started off with my old boss trying to give me an appointment to see a customer to sell them some windows.  He'd alreay agreed the price and said they were so ready to sign up that even I could sell to them!  Anyway on the way to the appointment I remembered I was supposed to be starting my new job, so I made my way to the school to explain why I'd be delayed.  I couldn't find the science labs and ended up wandering about the school kitchens and breaking through a wall to climb up a spiral staircase  :-\\

totally weird
Good luck and enjoy!

Written By: Howard on 07/01/12 at 7:56 am

Not everyone has this as a holiday.  It's just a regular work day for me

New job starts tomorrow!

totally weird

good luck!

Written By: Dagwood on 07/01/12 at 8:36 am

Had a big night out last night.  Jake had a reaction to the anesthesia he had when he had his wisdom teeth were pulled(4) and became dehydrated, we were in the emergency room for a couple of hours.  Luckily it was a slow night, not too many people in so we were taken in pretty much immediately, was given fluids, and is much better. Check this, we had a real nurse!  Not a nurses aide with 9 months at a pay to play school, a real registered nurse.  That is why I go right into Boston instead of the community hospitals, most of which have become for profit.  I just love registered nurses.

How scary.  Thank goodness he is better now.  And YAY on the RN!

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/12 at 9:55 am

Glad the young one is doing better D

That is a weird dream Karen! Best of luck tomorrow.

In about an hour I'm leaning for la. Gonna go see a screening of The Amazing a spider-man. The director will be doing a Q&A after so that should be cool. Gotta wait in line all tho because they oversold the event and I wanna guarantee my entry since I'm driving 100 miles (200 round trip) to see a "free" movie.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/01/12 at 11:17 am

Glad he is doing better. BTW, one of my step-daughters is an RN.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/01/12 at 11:18 am

The next Full Moon will be on Tuesday 3rd June, I will be taking cover that day.

You mean there will not be another full moon until next year?  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/01/12 at 11:22 am

Oh BTW, White Rabbit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0

Feeling old today. My youngest nephew is 21 today.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/12 at 11:32 am

You mean there will not be another full moon until next year?  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Oops, I meant July.

Written By: Howard on 07/01/12 at 2:17 pm

Glad the young one is doing better D

That is a weird dream Karen! Best of luck tomorrow.

In about an hour I'm leaning for la. Gonna go see a screening of The Amazing a spider-man. The director will be doing a Q&A after so that should be cool. Gotta wait in line all tho because they oversold the event and I wanna guarantee my entry since I'm driving 100 miles (200 round trip) to see a "free" movie.

enjoy the film.

Written By: Henk on 07/01/12 at 2:25 pm

I never get the 4th off. :(

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/12 at 2:30 pm

I never get the 4th off. :(

I'm sure you've had the 4th of some month (even in July) off over the years  :D
You just don't get "independence day" off cuz you're not in America  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/12 at 2:30 pm

enjoy the film.

Thanks

Written By: Henk on 07/01/12 at 2:36 pm

I'm sure you've had the 4th of some month (even in July) off over the years  :D

I'm not counting Saturdays and Sundays, because those aren't working days. :P (well, not for me anyway)

Discrimination! I'll take this to the International Court of Justice! :D

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/12 at 2:42 pm

I'm not counting Saturdays and Sundays, because those aren't working days. :P (well, not for me anyway)

You should!  I'm half Dutch does that mean I only get to celebrate half the time? Or with half the enthusiasm?  :D

Written By: wildcard on 07/01/12 at 2:45 pm

It seemed like I burnt out my eye yesterday.  I Went to bed real early and haven't been on my computer until now.  I wonder if the medicene I'm taking for my colesterol is making me feel like my eyes feel so bad.  I know my scineses are messed up.  Need to get my eyes checked and going to real soon.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/01/12 at 2:50 pm

I think your country (as well as every other country in the "western" world) has more holidays that this country does. We only have 9 federal holidays-and most of those have been moved to the Monday closest to it so there can be a 3 day weekend.

-Jan 1-New Year's
-Jan 15th (moved to the Monday closest)- Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday
-Feb whatever (I think it is the 2nd or 3rd Monday of the month)-President's Day. This used to be two holidays, Feb 12th-Abraham Lincoln's Birthday & Feb 22nd-George Washington's Birthday.
-May 30th (moved to the Monday closest)-Memorial Day
-July 4th-Independence Day
-First Monday in Sept-Labor Day
-Oct 12 (moved to the Monday closest)-Columbus Day
-4th Thursday in Nov-Thanksgiving
-Dec 25th-Christmas

Cat 

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/12 at 3:29 pm

I think your country (as well as every other country in the "western" world) has more holidays that this country does. We only have 9 federal holidays-and most of those have been moved to the Monday closest to it so there can be a 3 day weekend.

-Jan 1-New Year's
-Jan 15th (moved to the Monday closest)- Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday
-Feb whatever (I think it is the 2nd or 3rd Monday of the month)-President's Day. This used to be two holidays, Feb 12th-Abraham Lincoln's Birthday & Feb 22nd-George Washington's Birthday.
-May 30th (moved to the Monday closest)-Memorial Day
-July 4th-Independence Day
-First Monday in Sept-Labor Day
-Oct 12 (moved to the Monday closest)-Columbus Day
-4th Thursday in Nov-Thanksgiving
-Dec 25th-Christmas

Cat

You forgot Easter ;-)  tho that falls on a Sunday so it doesn't count as a federal holiday but it's a consumer one.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/01/12 at 3:46 pm

You forgot Easter ;-)  tho that falls on a Sunday so it doesn't count as a federal holiday but it's a consumer one.

I didn't forget it because it is NOT a federal holiday.

Cat

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/01/12 at 4:02 pm

That explains it lol. How ignorant of me. Sorry everyone who isn't in America ;D

Written By: Henk on 07/01/12 at 4:15 pm

Cat

I think you're wrong. Official holidays in my country:

New Year's Day
Easter Monday
Ascension Day
Pentecost Monday
Koninginnedag (April 30)
Christmas (Dec. 25 & 26)

And then there's Liberation Day (May 5), but that's only once every five years (provided it falls on weekdays).

We don't get compensation days off if April 30 and/or December 25 and/or December 26 falls on a Saturday or Sunday.

Plus, there's now serious talk of getting rid of the two-day Christian holiday thing, and reducing it to only one day. That would rob us of at least two more days off.

MTA: Please also note that our holidays are very unequally spread over the course of a year. There's no days off from approx. June to late December.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/01/12 at 4:50 pm

I think you're wrong. Official holidays in my country:

New Year's Day
Easter Monday
Ascension Day
Pentecost Monday
Koninginnedag (April 30)
Christmas (Dec. 25 & 26)

And then there's Liberation Day (May 5), but that's only once every five years (provided it falls on weekdays).

We don't get compensation days off if April 30 and/or December 25 and/or December 26 falls on a Saturday or Sunday.

Plus, there's now serious talk of getting rid of the two-day Christian holiday thing, and reducing it to only one day. That would rob us of at least two more days off.

MTA: Please also note that our holidays are very unequally spread over the course of a year. There's no days off from approx. June to late December.

I heard something one time that the U.S. had less federal holidays than most countries. I stand corrected.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/12 at 5:00 pm

Cat

I know. That's what I said.

Written By: nally on 07/02/12 at 1:45 pm

Cat

Third Monday of the month - anywhere from the 15th to the 21st. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 07/02/12 at 5:37 pm

I heard something one time that the U.S. had less federal holidays than most countries. I stand corrected.

Cat

We have fewer national holidays, but in most countries people have more personal vacation time when they go to work.  Most people in industrialized countries start work with 4 weeks vacation by law, in the US vacation isn't a right and can be zero to what ever the employer decides.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/02/12 at 5:48 pm

We have fewer national holidays, but in most countries people have more personal vacation time when they go to work.  Most people in industrialized countries start work with 4 weeks vacation by law, in the US vacation isn't a right and can be zero to what ever the employer decides.

Yup-we were brought up to believe that this is the best country in the world when in reality it really sucks. The thing is, we COULD be the best country in the world. We can learn so much from the rest of world but the powers that be do not want to do that. So, this country sucks.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/02/12 at 6:07 pm

Yup-we were brought up to believe that this is the best country in the world when in reality it really sucks. The thing is, we COULD be the best country in the world. We can learn so much from the rest of world but the powers that be do not want to do that. So, this country sucks.

Cat

maybe.....but we have better TV!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/02/12 at 6:18 pm

maybe.....but we have better TV!

;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 07/02/12 at 7:29 pm

Cat

We have turned into what we were taught the USSR was in the 50s

Written By: Howard on 07/02/12 at 8:03 pm

It seemed like I burnt out my eye yesterday.  I Went to bed real early and haven't been on my computer until now.  I wonder if the medicene I'm taking for my colesterol is making me feel like my eyes feel so bad.  I know my scineses are messed up.  Need to get my eyes checked and going to real soon.

How did you burn your eye? ???

Written By: Howard on 07/02/12 at 8:04 pm

Cat

and some people work on Easter.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/03/12 at 7:31 am

and some people work on Easter.

Easter isn't supposed to be a federal holiday, but it is treated like one, and shouldn't be.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/12 at 11:29 am

Easter isn't supposed to be a federal holiday, but it is treated like one, and shouldn't be.

You can say the same thing about Christmas but it is.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 07/03/12 at 11:34 am

It's see how my eye is doing day.  I leave at 10:00

Written By: karen on 07/03/12 at 11:41 am

The olympic torch visited our town today on its route across the UK before the London Olympics later this month.  I was 'volunteered' to go into town early to secure our spot for the school.  The council had set aside various areas across the route for the local schools, but said it was our responsibility to ensure there was enough room for all the girls  :-\\

Anyway I saw the olympic flame and part of the torch go past but not the boy carrying it.  Shame really because I sort of know the lad - he was in Elizabeth's year at primary school.  still it was a great atmosphere and I'm glad I was able to be there.

James's school saw the flame elsewhere in town and James did some sports activities afterwards and met one of the torch bearers. I think he had his photo taken holding the torch.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/12 at 11:48 am

The olympic torch visited our town today on its route across the UK before the London Olympics later this month.  I was 'volunteered' to go into town early to secure our spot for the school.  The council had set aside various areas across the route for the local schools, but said it was our responsibility to ensure there was enough room for all the girls  :-\\

Anyway I saw the olympic flame and part of the torch go past but not the boy carrying it.  Shame really because I sort of know the lad - he was in Elizabeth's year at primary school.  still it was a great atmosphere and I'm glad I was able to be there.

James's school saw the flame elsewhere in town and James did some sports activities afterwards and met one of the torch bearers. I think he had his photo taken holding the torch.

I saw the Olympic Torch back in 1980 on its way up to Lake Placid.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/12 at 12:07 pm

cool.....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/12 at 4:44 pm

Got my hair done today. It feels great. My head always feels lighter when I get it done. I guess she gets all that deep down grime & such. It actually seems longer too because she straighten it. Oh yeah-and NO MORE GRAY!!!

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 07/03/12 at 7:17 pm

Eyes are good, they just need some new glasses.  This stupid medicene I'm suppose to take doesn't get rid of anything, but just decreases blood flow and, therefore, the oxygen supply to the heart, brain, and other parts of the body.  I can sufficate myself before I get a heart attack.

Will fast forward you today  to your busy dying day

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/04/12 at 10:15 am

Planning to go out on the boat today-not too sure if that will happen because the sky looks threatening.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 07/04/12 at 12:28 pm

Felt real good yesterday as if God had been trying to tell me something and I Was able to understand.

I e-mailed my doctor, I don't think I'm going to be able to take enough of the med to do me any good before it ends up killing me. 

Written By: karen on 07/04/12 at 1:17 pm

happy getting rid of the colonies day!!!

;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/04/12 at 1:20 pm

;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/12 at 1:50 pm

;)

;D

if you guys had better soldiers you'd be celebrating instead....  :D

actually maybe you all should be celebrating... it may have ended up working out in your favor!!!

Written By: danootaandme on 07/04/12 at 2:50 pm

;)

The more I read about the Revolution the more I think that I probably would have fought on the other side.  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/12 at 5:23 pm

Oh Boy!!!! We have new member... I anticipate lots of spam to follow... Howard might like it  ;)

In a normal day, we average 5.78 new members.  The latest to sign up is, FreeAdultvideos_128

Users active in past 5 minutes:
snozberries, the_conqueror_of_parodies, amjikloviet, MaxwellSmart, FreeAdultvideos_128

FreeAdultvideos_128  15:17:33 Viewing FreeAdultvideos_128's profile.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/04/12 at 5:49 pm

Hey Ann,

Your avatar is not showing up.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/04/12 at 6:15 pm

Oh Boy!!!! We have new member... I anticipate lots of spam to follow... Howard might like it  ;)

In a normal day, we average 5.78 new members.  The latest to sign up is, FreeAdultvideos_128

snozberries, the_conqueror_of_parodies, amjikloviet, MaxwellSmart, FreeAdultvideos_128

What the fuq?  :o ??? Is that supposed to be a guy or girl? Did he or she sign up?

Written By: danootaandme on 07/04/12 at 6:41 pm

Personal Text:
    A Local single Kind of Dude Trying To Find Loans

Written By: wildcard on 07/04/12 at 6:45 pm

Hey Ann,

Your avatar is not showing up.

Cat

it isn't?

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/12 at 7:27 pm

What the fuq?  :o ??? Is that supposed to be a guy or girl? Did he or she sign up?

Danoot already covered gender....

the answer to your second question was covered in my post

HERE:

The latest to sign up is, FreeAdultvideos_128

HERE:

FreeAdultvideos_128

AND HERE:

FreeAdultvideos_128  15:17:33Viewing FreeAdultvideos_128's profile.

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/12 at 7:29 pm

it isn't?

nope

Written By: wildcard on 07/04/12 at 9:59 pm

nope

hmm.. It wasn't last night either

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/12 at 2:51 am

Cat

I have never been so happy to have a shift end.

Oddly enough only one complaint of fireworks this year. And No "shots fired" calls. (we always get them on the 4th)
Several calls from people wondering why offices weren't open today  ::)
A bunch of fight calls
A couple of physical assaults
One guy throwing bottles & supposedly brandishing a knife
Drunk girl being carried into a residence
A domestic violence
And 7 year old from basketball camp who reported 50,000 camp kids fighting  ::)  More like 7 kids.

All in the span of  the last two hours of my shift.  (not the phone calls about closed offices....those were this after noon.

Thank god tomorrow's my  Friday.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/05/12 at 2:52 am

Went to fireworks in the small neighborhood next to us (didn't feel like fighting traffic to watch BIG display downtown.)

Here's my videos and pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNGACyUZ-rk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akcFQ6sh8bI
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151005146277940.452221.786927939&type=1

Written By: Howard on 07/05/12 at 6:31 am

Danoot already covered gender....

the answer to your second question was covered in my post

HERE:

The latest to sign up is, FreeAdultvideos_128

HERE:

FreeAdultvideos_128

AND HERE:

FreeAdultvideos_128  15:17:33Viewing FreeAdultvideos_128's profile.

Ok Thanks very much.

Written By: Howard on 07/05/12 at 6:33 am

I have never been so happy to have a shift end.

Oddly enough only one complaint of fireworks this year. And No "shots fired" calls. (we always get them on the 4th)
Several calls from people wondering why offices weren't open today  ::)
A bunch of fight calls
A couple of physical assaults
One guy throwing bottles & supposedly brandishing a knife
Drunk girl being carried into a residence
A domestic violence
And 7 year old from basketball camp who reported 50,000 camp kids fighting  ::)  More like 7 kids.

All in the span of  the last two hours of my shift.  (not the phone calls about closed offices....those were this after noon.

Thank god tomorrow's my  Friday.

enjoy your Friday.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/12 at 10:28 am

Last night, we settled in for our annual viewing of 1776. (Gotta watch it around this time of year). That is one movie that I can watch over & over & over again and never get sick of it-and yes, I know the entire movie line per line. I try not to annoy Carlos and I am saying every line-singing every song as I am watching-so I mouth it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

As we were starting the movie, the thunderboomers started in. The movie hadn't been on for 5 minutes when the lights went out. I was just about to reach for the flashlight that I had just grabbed (just in case) when the lights came back on. So, we restarted the movie.

As we were watching, we could hear fireworks going off. I went into the kitchen to look out the window and yes, I could sort of see them from our kitchen window.  :o :o :o  It looked like they were being shot off from the Green. We could have gotten dress, and walked down to the corner and really saw them, but we wanted to watch the movie. I was surprised that they did the fireworks considering it was pouring less than a half hour before.

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/05/12 at 2:08 pm

Ok Thanks very much.

An obvious spambotulist. Too many of those are signing up lately. :P

Written By: nally on 07/05/12 at 2:09 pm

So yesterday I went to a holiday party with some friends. Hung out, took a walk with them to the beach, and barbecued some food. Also hung around to watch fireworks later on.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/05/12 at 7:10 pm

Got Work...First work since January.  Supposed to be a couple of weeks, I had thought I might not get any.  I am a year from retirement(knock on wood) and honestly am sick of it.  The good side is I know the guys I am working with and they are all pretty decent, the down side is...I am sick of it.

Written By: Howard on 07/05/12 at 7:35 pm

An obvious spambotulist. Too many of those are signing up lately. :P

something has to be done about it.

Written By: Howard on 07/05/12 at 7:39 pm

Well 2 out of the 4 cards that I called up and canceled over the phone came in the mail today my Non-Drivers ID and my Half Fare Easypay Bus Pass metrocard and now I await my food stamps (cause my father is hungry) ;D and my Medicare card but as for my wallet that was lost a few weeks ago no sign of it came up from The MTA Lost And Found.

Written By: wildcard on 07/05/12 at 10:17 pm

Lets see, tomorrow I have nothing to do and no particular place to go.  Think I'll spend a bunch of time seeing if I can figure out how to use Facebook or if I get mad and just delete the account.

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/12 at 11:14 pm

Got Work...First work since January.  Supposed to be a couple of weeks, I had thought I might not get any.  I am a year from retirement(knock on wood) and honestly am sick of it.  The good side is I know the guys I am working with and they are all pretty decent, the down side is...I am sick of it.

Yay and boo seem like appropriate responses here.

Written By: nally on 07/06/12 at 12:41 pm

something has to be done about it.

Problem is, I don't know if anyone knows what's causing them to sign up. I PMed Chucky about it a few months ago and he says he's not sure.

Written By: nally on 07/06/12 at 12:42 pm

Yay and boo seem like appropriate responses here.

More or less what I was thinking, in a sense...

Written By: Howard on 07/06/12 at 8:15 pm

Problem is, I don't know if anyone knows what's causing them to sign up. I PMed Chucky about it a few months ago and he says he's not sure.

They're just coming in unexpectedly.

Written By: wildcard on 07/06/12 at 10:22 pm

internet was slow  so I didn't do any Facebook stuff.  Mom handed me a printout of testing that had been done on Medulloblastoma survivors.  employed, driving, normal education, living independantly, dating  all a lot lower then average.  Performance IQ is in the mentally retarded range  We are a bit higher then normal with our psychological/spiritual and social/& economic areas.  Normal with health, any family.  Some other good stuff in here like the fact that Iq is lost because we lose our ability to learn new skills.  I find this all cool and I'll say once again calling myself a retard doesn't bother me at all, it doesn't mean I'm stupid, my brain is just wired differently. 

Joel's birthday on the 8th.  My first art class on the 10th.  My CI appointment on the 17th.  I'm going to be getting checked for some new glasses some time soon.  Might see the counceller again on the 24th.  I get to have my first pap smear test on the 25th.  Oh and because I had to stop taking that medicene before it killed me, I'm suppose to see a endo whatever is is ologist for my colesteral.

Written By: Howard on 07/07/12 at 7:04 am

It's gonna be a hot one today, close to 100 degrees so take it easy and drink plenty of cold fluids.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/07/12 at 6:06 pm

Went WAY up north today-not quite to Canada but close. In fact, I think we could SEE Canada from where we were-along the lake. A dear friend of ours got married yesterday and they had a celebratory barbecue today. It was a lot of fun. We even knew some of the people there. 

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/08/12 at 12:13 pm

With my birthday comin' up this week, I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna spend the actual day (Wednesday). I already know I'll be going out in the evening. In addition, I'll be celebrating it with friends next weekend at a restaurant (for dinner).

Written By: warped on 07/08/12 at 1:30 pm

Went WAY up north today-not quite to Canada but close. In fact, I think we could SEE Canada from where we were-along the lake. A dear friend of ours got married yesterday and they had a celebratory barbecue today. It was a lot of fun. We even knew some of the people there. 

Cat

What we Canadians see when we look at the U.S from our border:

http://media.travelmanitoba.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/gand-beach-people-583x389.jpg

What you see when you look north towards Canada from your border (once the penguins and moose step out of the way)

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/ARCers1/001-100/002_Bamford_Steve/snow-hut_photo.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/08/12 at 1:59 pm

What we Canadians see when we look at the U.S from our border:

http://media.travelmanitoba.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/gand-beach-people-583x389.jpg

What you see when you look north towards Canada from your border (once the penguins and moose step out of the way)

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/ARCers1/001-100/002_Bamford_Steve/snow-hut_photo.jpg

This is where we were.

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww64/CatwomanofV/021.jpg

Somewhere in that pic is Canada.

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww64/CatwomanofV/089.jpg

Hmmmm, decisions, decisions.

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/08/12 at 10:37 pm

Cat

I know, huh? At times I struggle to make decisions...

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/12 at 10:45 pm

Big week.

MON: 1/2 day @ work
To la for eureka panel

TUES: meeting in Camarillo (for work), lunch w/ friend then back to work to finish out my day

WED: driving to San Diego.

THURS: comicCon

FRI: back home from SD

Weekend to recoup. Lol

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/09/12 at 12:03 am

Big week.

To la for eureka panel

TUES: meeting in Camarillo (for work), lunch w/ friend then back to work to finish out my day

Weekend to recoup. Lol

You going to see the Buffy event on Thursday
5:00-6:00 The Most Dangerous Women at Comic-Con— Actresses, stuntwomen, creative cosplayers, outspoken bloggers, and groundbreaking comic book creators-which women are the movers and shakers on the convention scene? Who are the innovators breaking barriers in the world of fandom? To discuss these game changers, Action Flick Chick Katrina Hill (GeekNation, MTV Geek) has assembled a team of women dangerous in their own right: Leah Cevoli (Robot Chicken), Holly Conrad (Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope), Adrianne Curry (Stan Lee's World of Heroes), Abbie Heppe (Respawn Entertainment), Clare Kramer ((Glory on Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Kristen Nedopak (Skyrim: To Lydia with Love), Milynn Sarley (GeekNation's Lairs), Stephanie Thorpe (ElfQuest: A Fan Imagining), and Patricia Tallman (Night of the Living Dead, Babylon 5). With moderator Bonnie Burton (SFX Magazine). Room 7AB

or the Dexter event on Thursday?

6:00-7:15 Showtime: Dexter— The gasps from last season's finale can still be heard among Dexter fans as their worst fears were realized, Dexter got caught and by none other than Deb! What will he do? What will she do? What's next for America's Favorite Serial Killer? If the suspense is killing you, don't miss this incredible panel, where you'll be the first to see the Comic-Con exclusive first two minutes of the season premiere. Moderator Ralph Garman (KROQ Entertainment reporter) presides over a revealing interview and Q&A session with the stars and executive producers of Dexter. Featured panelists include series star/executive producer Michael C. Hall (Dexter), Jennifer Carpenter (Deb), and special guest star Yvonne Strahovski (Hanna). Also appearing are executive producers John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton, Scott Buck, and Manny Coto. Plus Dexter fans will be the first to see the world premiere trailer of one of the hottest series on television, Homeland, presented by executive producers Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa. The new season of Dexter premieres September 30, at 9pm ET/PT only on Showtime. Ballroom 20

Decisions decisions.  :-\\

You could go to both,  but it would be a bit of a run.  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/09/12 at 12:08 am

This is where we were.

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww64/CatwomanofV/021.jpg

Somewhere in that pic is Canada.

Cat

Pretty.  Are those more Cat exclusives?

Written By: snozberries on 07/09/12 at 1:34 am

You going to see the Buffy event on Thursday
5:00-6:00 The Most Dangerous Women at Comic-Con— Actresses, stuntwomen, creative cosplayers, outspoken bloggers, and groundbreaking comic book creators-which women are the movers and shakers on the convention scene? Who are the innovators breaking barriers in the world of fandom? To discuss these game changers, Action Flick Chick Katrina Hill (GeekNation, MTV Geek) has assembled a team of women dangerous in their own right: Leah Cevoli (Robot Chicken), Holly Conrad (Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope), Adrianne Curry (Stan Lee's World of Heroes), Abbie Heppe (Respawn Entertainment), Clare Kramer ((Glory on Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Kristen Nedopak (Skyrim: To Lydia with Love), Milynn Sarley (GeekNation's Lairs), Stephanie Thorpe (ElfQuest: A Fan Imagining), and Patricia Tallman (Night of the Living Dead, Babylon 5). With moderator Bonnie Burton (SFX Magazine). Room 7AB

or the Dexter event on Thursday?

6:00-7:15 Showtime: Dexter— The gasps from last season's finale can still be heard among Dexter fans as their worst fears were realized, Dexter got caught and by none other than Deb! What will he do? What will she do? What's next for America's Favorite Serial Killer? If the suspense is killing you, don't miss this incredible panel, where you'll be the first to see the Comic-Con exclusive first two minutes of the season premiere. Moderator Ralph Garman (KROQ Entertainment reporter) presides over a revealing interview and Q&A session with the stars and executive producers of Dexter. Featured panelists include series star/executive producer Michael C. Hall (Dexter), Jennifer Carpenter (Deb), and special guest star Yvonne Strahovski (Hanna). Also appearing are executive producers John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton, Scott Buck, and Manny Coto. Plus Dexter fans will be the first to see the world premiere trailer of one of the hottest series on television, Homeland, presented by executive producers Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa. The new season of Dexter premieres September 30, at 9pm ET/PT only on Showtime. Ballroom 20

Decisions decisions.  :-\\

You could go to both,  but it would be a bit of a run.  ;D

It's a bit tight. Still working it all out. Im going to a Nerd HQ (off site) thing for psych & chuck. Got into Michael ausiello's party that night. My day is gonna be crazy. I've never been so I'll be figuring it out on the fly. Gotta friend who went last year. He's basically planned my day for me lol

Unfortunately the stuff I really wanna do- a panel with Joss Whedon and a firefly reunion are on Friday & Saturday. But still it'll be fun. 

Written By: danootaandme on 07/09/12 at 2:04 am

Cat

I've been to Swanton....once.  I guy I know had family in Swanton, we drove all the way there, then he decided he didn't want to see them, they had a strained relationship.

Written By: Howard on 07/09/12 at 7:05 am

Big week.

To la for eureka panel

Weekend to recoup. Lol

enjoy your week.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/09/12 at 10:01 am

Pretty.  Are those more Cat exclusives?

Of course they are. And thank you.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/09/12 at 1:03 pm

My 3rd card came in the mail this afternoon which is my medicare card so now my last card coming in the mail would be my Food Stamps which they said approximately 1 more week.

Written By: Henk on 07/10/12 at 5:29 am

Penguins? I never realized they lived that far north.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/12 at 11:26 am

Kitties go to the vet today. Not to worry-it is only their annual visit.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/12 at 3:02 pm

Kitties got the clean bill of health-and I got the bill.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: karen on 07/10/12 at 3:46 pm

raining still.  Predicting the wettest July since records began  :(

Written By: wildcard on 07/10/12 at 6:21 pm

I'll be signing off soon to have a snack or dinner and go to an art class.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/12 at 8:04 pm

Kitties got the clean bill of health-and I got the bill.  :-\\

Cat

How much for a visit?  ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/12 at 9:52 am

How much for a visit?  ???

Over $80.  :o :o :o :o

Today we are going to the boat and will probably have our first overnighter of the season.

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/11/12 at 10:20 am

Today I hope to have a really nice birthday celebration. :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/12 at 10:28 am

Happy birthday Jeff.

Written By: wildcard on 07/11/12 at 6:02 pm

my mom is upsetting me again by saying things that seem so stupid to me that I cant stand it.  Earlier today, I was looking at all my parodies.  It's something I can do and I enjoy it.  Later, Mom said something and I got a song with that word it it in my head.  Anyway that's what I told her and she tells me that wont help me ( parodies).  I told her if I use it for a strategy to remember it wont.  There's a couple of other things that ended up p  ing me off  that still make me wonder if she may still be trying to control and or find fault in me.  I have a strength in doing parodies it may not be the thing for a job or something, but is it something totally worthless that wont give me experence for anything?  Does Weird Al not make any money?  You think I'd make less spelling mistakes every day if I was using rhyme zone once a week or so?

Written By: Howard on 07/11/12 at 8:07 pm

enjoy your birthday. :)

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/11/12 at 8:47 pm

It's nice to hear that you did!

Written By: nally on 07/11/12 at 11:54 pm

It's nice to hear that you did!

Thanks! I enjoyed myself today. And now I am enjoying the hours that are left.

Written By: wildcard on 07/12/12 at 12:03 am

a thought I just had,  My mom took some advice from somewhere she later considered bad from somewhere.  I use to buy and cook my own meals.  I can find out what she thinks about me telling her that I want to start doing that again.  She was telling me how much harder it's gotten with her problems, Joel not able to have any corn of any kind and me now with the dairy products. 

We think the problem is that I can't have whey.

Anyway, that was my thought just now to lower her stress, because she seems to get herself so stressed that she stops thinking clearly and ends up  ing me off.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/12/12 at 2:52 am

When you are a female in construction guys tend to downplay what you know, all the time.  It is a lot of fun when someone who is arrogant like that messes up real bad and you are the one that solves the problem, which was really quite simple, after he had spent a couple of hours(wasted hours) looking for a solution.  :) .

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/12 at 8:34 am

When you are a female in construction guys tend to downplay what you know, all the time.  It is a lot of fun when someone who is arrogant like that messes up real bad and you are the one that solves the problem, which was really quite simple, after he had spent a couple of hours(wasted hours) looking for a solution.  :) .

O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/12 at 12:00 pm

Had our first overnighter of the season. It was very pleasant. Luck was with me casting off and coming in because there was someone at the dock both times so I didn't have jump on or off the boat. I would have to say that the only negative thing (besides not catching any keepable fish) was the fact that there was a chorus rehearsal of a bunch of bullfrogs that serenaded us for about 3 hours straight!  ::)  But now I am EXTREMELY tired. Just may take a nap sometime today.

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/12/12 at 8:07 pm

We have turned into what we were taught the USSR was in the 50s
Ussr had better tv in the 50's. Who knew???? 

Sorry, trying to catch up on old posts/events and I had to do it! 

Continue!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/12/12 at 8:09 pm

Wow!  Too cool!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/12/12 at 8:48 pm

Lol!!!  How long did they last?

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/12/12 at 8:56 pm

Wayto go!!!  O0

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/12/12 at 8:58 pm

Had our first overnighter of the season. It was very pleasant. Luck was with me casting off and coming in because there was someone at the dock both times so I didn't have jump on or off the boat. I would have to say that the only negative thing (besides not catching any keepable fish) was the fact that there was a chorus rehearsal of a bunch of bullfrogs that serenaded us for about 3 hours straight!  ::)  But now I am EXTREMELY tired. Just may take a nap sometime today.

Cat
Glad you made it and Enjoyed yourself!  Rest easy!!! 8)

Written By: karen on 07/13/12 at 10:44 am

We have had a lot of rain in the UK in the past couple of months.  A couple of weeks ago the drain in our driveway wasn't draining properly and the area started to flood.  The drain cover had got blocked with mud/grit/leaves etc being washed down off the road.  When I cleaned it the water drained away.

Anyway today it has been raining again and I noticed the driveway drain area was flooded.  However this time it wasn't blocked; the water was bubbling up from somewhere else.  I left Dai to deal with it whilst I fetched James from school.  When I get home Dai said it appears to be water from a sewer somewhere that it coming up.  There is definitely poop in the water !  All the drains around the house are bubbling up in the same way.

So I am currently waiting for the call from the water company.  "sometime in the next 12 hours"  ::)  And we go away on holiday tomorrow!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/13/12 at 12:16 pm

We have had a lot of rain in the UK in the past couple of months.  A couple of weeks ago the drain in our driveway wasn't draining properly and the area started to flood.  The drain cover had got blocked with mud/grit/leaves etc being washed down off the road.  When I cleaned it the water drained away.

Anyway today it has been raining again and I noticed the driveway drain area was flooded.  However this time it wasn't blocked; the water was bubbling up from somewhere else.  I left Dai to deal with it whilst I fetched James from school.  When I get home Dai said it appears to be water from a sewer somewhere that it coming up.  There is definitely poop in the water !  All the drains around the house are bubbling up in the same way.

So I am currently waiting for the call from the water company.  "sometime in the next 12 hours"  ::)  And we go away on holiday tomorrow!
EEEKKKKK!  Hoping it get's fixed, FAST! 

Karma in the mean time! :-\\

8-P

Written By: snozberries on 07/13/12 at 9:07 pm

Lol!!!  How long did they last?

Not too long. I don't think they even had time to post any spam  8)

Written By: nally on 07/14/12 at 1:41 pm

Not too long. I don't think they even had time to post any spam  8)

Nope, it was another one of those accounts that registers, puts spambotulism in their profile, and never posts anything.

Written By: nally on 07/14/12 at 1:42 pm

So yesterday I was informed that many of my friends won't be able to come to my birthday gathering which had been scheduled for tonight, so it has been rescheduled for next Friday at the same place. IOW, I won't be going out tonight. :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 07/14/12 at 2:49 pm

So yesterday I was informed that many of my friends won't be able to come to my birthday gathering which had been scheduled for tonight, so it has been rescheduled for next Friday at the same place. IOW, I won't be going out tonight. :-\\

That's really too bad Jeff. Hopefully you get your celebration next week. And hopefully you had a good time celebrating with your family on the actual day of

Written By: snozberries on 07/14/12 at 2:51 pm

I survived Comic-con.....barely. 

I'm'a make a comic-con thread later cuz I wanna tell y'all all about it but I'm too tired to lift the laptop right now to post pics. 

Written By: nally on 07/14/12 at 3:02 pm

That's really too bad Jeff. Hopefully you get your celebration next week. And hopefully you had a good time celebrating with your family on the actual day of

Yes, I did. And I also saw a few of these friends on Wednesday night at the Bible Study (I mentioned about this in my birthday thread). One of them told me that night that she was unsure about making it tonight; but that doesn't matter now because I have rescheduled it.

Written By: wildcard on 07/14/12 at 5:13 pm

just thought I'd mention something and may have mentioned it before.

I'm in my room and got my radio on I'm at my desk with my back turned to the radio doing something with the beads all over my desk.  Not only can I hear the radio without plugging stuff into it or having my face in the speakers, but my back is turned.  I've never understood speech or music with my back turned all my life. 

eye exam on the 16th for new glasses  CI adjustment on the 17th  you know I haven't been able to wait for that.  Oh and evil plans that I'm not going to tell you about.  In fact, don't read that sentence.

Written By: snozberries on 07/14/12 at 6:01 pm

I'm in my room and got my radio on I'm at my desk with my back turned to the radio doing something with the beads all over my desk.  Not only can I hear the radio without plugging stuff into it or having my face in the speakers, but my back is turned.  I've never understood speech or music with my back turned all my life. 

eye exam on the 16th for new glasses  CI adjustment on the 17th  you know I haven't been able to wait for that.  Oh and evil plans that I'm not going to tell you about.  In fact, don't read that sentence.

That's great ann

Written By: wildcard on 07/14/12 at 6:57 pm

Hey it's only going to go up now,  I told myself it was the last time s is going to depress me and I know where it comes from.  Technology has become awesome.  I'm moving on. 

Okay, I have plans to video some of my old parodies and do some new stuff. 

Written By: danootaandme on 07/14/12 at 7:02 pm

OH YUK!!!  We have heard about all the water back in Blighty, they showed videos on the news. Worse than bad luck for you, hope it gets sorted out soon.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/14/12 at 7:19 pm

Yesterday I had to go to the wake of a friend and fellow union member.  He was very popular and I knew there would be a lot of people.  The wake was from 4 to 8, I got there at 7 and was lucky enough to find someone who I could cut in line. Turns out people had started showing up at 2:30 to form a line. I was in line an hour before I got through and there was still a line around the corner.  They had told the funeral parlor director that there would be a lot of people, but the couldn't believe it, and the family was overwhelmed with the turn out.  They had to extend the hours of the wake. Not many people can bring out that kind of a crowd, but this guy was top of the line and I will miss him.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 07/14/12 at 7:47 pm

sorry to hear that hope your birthday turns out good.

Written By: Howard on 07/14/12 at 7:48 pm

Yesterday I had to go to the wake of a friend and fellow union member.  He was very popular and I knew there would be a lot of people.  The wake was from 4 to 8, I got there at 7 and was lucky enough to find someone who I could cut in line. Turns out people had started showing up at 2:30 to form a line. I was in line an hour before I got through and there was still a line around the corner.  They had told the funeral parlor director that there would be a lot of people, but the couldn't believe it, and the family was overwhelmed with the turn out.  They had to extend the hours of the wake. Not many people can bring out that kind of a crowd, but this guy was top of the line and I will miss him.  :\'(

(((hugs)))

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/14/12 at 9:13 pm

That's fantastic Ann

Written By: danootaandme on 07/14/12 at 9:14 pm

(((hugs)))

Thanks 

Written By: snozberries on 07/14/12 at 9:41 pm

Sorry for your loss.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/15/12 at 8:29 am

OK!........At Work....new job

Him: Where are you from?

Me: Malden

Him: Yeah, but what country?

Me: What kind of a question is THAT!? Do you hear the way I talk? What would make you think I was from anywhere else than here"

Him: Well I don't know.....y'know...

No I don't know but if I pressed the issue I am sure there is a birther under that mustache.

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/15/12 at 11:44 am

I survived Comic-con.....barely. 

I'm'a make a comic-con thread later cuz I wanna tell y'all all about it but I'm too tired to lift the laptop right now to post pics.
Yay... You survived!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/15/12 at 11:46 am

I hope your hearing only keeps improving with the adjustment this week!

Written By: wildcard on 07/15/12 at 11:58 am

I hope your hearing only keeps improving with the adjustment this week!

thanks I hope so to and I don't see why it wont.  I need a little help hearing the higher tones because only my right ear could pick them up.

My mom got me kind of going this morning so I decided to let her go to church and let her worry about poor little  me ( and still wonder sometimes if she thinks I'm completely helpless) being home alone.  It was about my hearing - I didn't want to go because it's depressing not being to hear people, I need my CI adjusted so I can see if I can hear people even better.  Then my mom said she hasn't seen me use my hearing aid in a long time.  I don't know how many times I may have told her this, but all the crud that's always in my ears will make the hearing aid squeak.  Ear buds pop out of my ear.  The ear cant be blocked.  When I tried to say that to her she asked me if I was taking my Allegra.  Yes ( damit the crud in my ear is still going to constantly flow). 

Written By: snozberries on 07/15/12 at 1:20 pm

thanks I hope so to and I don't see why it wont.  I need a little help hearing the higher tones because only my right ear could pick them up.

My mom got me kind of going this morning so I decided to let her go to church and let her worry about poor little  me ( and still wonder sometimes if she thinks I'm completely helpless) being home alone.  It was about my hearing - I didn't want to go because it's depressing not being to hear people, I need my CI adjusted so I can see if I can hear people even better.  Then my mom said she hasn't seen me use my hearing aid in a long time.  I don't know how many times I may have told her this, but all the crud that's always in my ears will make the hearing aid squeak.  Ear buds pop out of my ear.  The ear cant be blocked.  When I tried to say that to her she asked me if I was taking my Allegra.  Yes ( damit the crud in my ear is still going to constantly flow). 

A) focus on the accomplishments, success, positive points....ie focus on celebrating what you can hear instead of wallowing in what you still can't hear.  Anything you can hear is more than you've been able to hear Ina long time. Anything you can't hear may comeback in time but you can't control that two celebrate if you can hear it later but accept the fact that you might not.

B) talk to your counselor about your interactions with your mom.  Tell the counselor you want more independence and less nagging.  Ask the counselor to mediate for you so that you two can learn how to talk to one another without pushing each others buttons

C) tell the dr at your next CI appointment about the problem with the hearing aids squeaking and the crud in your ears. Maybe there's another solution but they can't help if you don't tell them there's a problem.

Written By: Howard on 07/15/12 at 1:42 pm

Me: What kind of a question is THAT!? Do you hear the way I talk? What would make you think I was from anywhere else than here"

No I don't know but if I pressed the issue I am sure there is a birther under that mustache.

I guess he didn't understand you.

Written By: snozberries on 07/15/12 at 4:19 pm

I guess he didn't understand you.

No he's a racist pig....  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 07/15/12 at 4:23 pm

The thing that pisses me off most is that, if he'd asked me that question, technically he'd be right but he'd have no way of knowing u was born in another country other than his shortsighted views.
I'm 50% American biologically but culturally and sociallly I'm 100% American.

Written By: wildcard on 07/15/12 at 4:41 pm

A) focus on the accomplishments, success, positive points....ie focus on celebrating what you can hear instead of wallowing in what you still can't hear.  Anything you can hear is more than you've been able to hear Ina long time. Anything you can't hear may comeback in time but you can't control that two celebrate if you can hear it later but accept the fact that you might not.

B) talk to your counselor about your interactions with your mom.  Tell the counselor you want more independence and less nagging.  Ask the counselor to mediate for you so that you two can learn how to talk to one another without pushing each others buttons

C) tell the dr at your next CI appointment about the problem with the hearing aids squeaking and the crud in your ears. Maybe there's another solution but they can't help if you don't tell them there's a problem.

A)- It just really hurts when you suddenly go deaf  and that's all, I don't want to go out and depress myself when I know I can't pich up speech from too many people yet.  The music upgrade I got is amazing though.  That's Why I turn on my radio and sing so http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/forum%20smilies/thnietluisteren.gif  and there will be songs I cant hear right, but need to know because I might need to tell whoever is adjusting my implant  where to start.

B)- I am letting the counselor know.  She only sees me right now though. Unless my mom wants to  start seeing her too and get the communication resolved, I don't know what the  counselor can do besides remind me how not to loose it.

C)- I could definitely say something. 

something I didn't mention  Three or four days ago I pulled a book out I haven't read in who knows how long.  The title is Victory Over The Darkness realizing the power of your identity in Christ.  Thought I'd skim through and read it and then see if someone else would like to read it.

Written By: snozberries on 07/15/12 at 5:15 pm

A)- It just really hurts when you suddenly go deaf  and that's all, I don't want to go out and depress myself when I know I can't pich up speech from too many people yet.  The music upgrade I got is amazing though.  That's Why I turn on my radio and sing so http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/forum%20smilies/thnietluisteren.gif  and there will be songs I cant hear right, but need to know because I might need to tell whoever is adjusting my implant  where to start.

B)- I am letting the counselor know.  She only sees me right now though. Unless my mom wants to  start seeing her too and get the communication resolved, I don't know what the  counselor can do besides remind me how not to loose it.

C)- I could definitely say something. 

hat y
something I didn't mention  Three or four days ago I pulled a book out I haven't read in who knows how long.  The title is Victory Over The Darkness realizing the power of your identity in Christ.  Thought I'd skim through and read it and then see if someone else would like to read it.

Ann I never said losing your hearing is easy...I know it's incredibly hard but rather than celebrating the stuff you can hear you always seem to reflect on the negatives of your situation. Take the time to celebrate what youve managed to accomplish. It's healhier. No one fixes everything all at once. And some things can't be fixed but you'll drive yourself crazy focusing on the negatives. See what you have accomplished and take pride in that.

Even if your counselor isn't working with your mom she may in the future. In the meantime she could help you find new ways to communicate with her....or help you see your moms side of the situation.  Have you ever looked from your moms pov to understand all she's dealing with too?

If you don't tell them they most certainly can't help. You won't know unless you try.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/15/12 at 6:44 pm

The thing that pisses me off most is that, if he'd asked me that question, technically he'd be right but he'd have no way of knowing u was born in another country other than his shortsighted views.
I'm 50% American biologically but culturally and sociallly I'm 100% American.

If you ever hear me talk, well it is sooooooooo Boston.  No one ever mistakes my accent.

Written By: nally on 07/15/12 at 6:45 pm

sorry to hear that hope your birthday turns out good.

My birthday itself turned out just fine. :) I am just having a "belated" celebration on the 20th.

Written By: snozberries on 07/15/12 at 6:50 pm

If you ever hear me talk, well it is sooooooooo Boston.  No one ever mistakes my accent.

Actually I have heard you talk and it's true O0
I most certainly don't have an accent either. I just couldn't be as offended as I'd want to be because of the technicality.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/15/12 at 7:12 pm

Actually I have heard you talk and it's true O0
I most certainly don't have an accent either. I just couldn't be as offended as I'd want to be because of the technicality.

OH YEAH!  Forgot about that.  ;D

Written By: wildcard on 07/15/12 at 10:20 pm

Ann I never said losing your hearing is easy...I know it's incredibly hard but rather than celebrating the stuff you can hear you always seem to reflect on the negatives of your situation. Take the time to celebrate what youve managed to accomplish. It's healhier. No one fixes everything all at once. And some things can't be fixed but you'll drive yourself crazy focusing on the negatives. See what you have accomplished and take pride in that.

Even if your counselor isn't working with your mom she may in the future. In the meantime she could help you find new ways to communicate with her....or help you see your moms side of the situation.  Have you ever looked from your moms pov to understand all she's dealing with too?

If you don't tell them they most certainly can't help. You won't know unless you try.

Actually I did post how incredible the music upgrade I got was.  Yes it does seem like I may focus on the negitive because I usually only have negitive stuff posted and I could have posted thousands more, but didn't think anyone would find it enjoyable.   

I see my mom's side of the situation as far as me very possibly needing a caregiver when she dies.  I don't know what to do about that right now.  What I also haven't understood is why she's always sorry about every mistake she makes ( and a lot of times for mistake anyone could make) and in various situations she cant seem to make an observation or seem to think at all  I don't know why my mom just came up behind me and talked right into my CI. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/15/12 at 10:21 pm

We saw your commercial.  :)  Although maybe the accent wasn't so strong in the 30-second spot.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/16/12 at 7:48 am

No he's a racist pig....  >:(

could you have hung up on him?  ???

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/16/12 at 9:09 am

Not if she wasn't on the phone with him..  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 07/16/12 at 2:09 pm

I wasn't talking to him Howard and she was not, I'm fairly certain, on the phone this was Danoot's co workers talking to her.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/16/12 at 4:56 pm

We saw your commercial.  :)  Although maybe the accent wasn't so strong in the 30-second spot.  ;D

They edited A LOT!  There was a guy behind the camera asking me questions for about 20 minutes, and sometimes they asked me the same question a couple of times.  Gave me an opportunity to slow down.  ;)

Written By: wildcard on 07/18/12 at 12:26 am

I got a perscription for new glasses yesterday and now have a couple of new programs to see if I can hear with the phone, but they couldn't adjust it like I was hoping they could.  So I'll be getting my new glasses and seeing if I can hear any phones any better.

Written By: nally on 07/18/12 at 5:35 pm

So this morning I went to Contacts & Coffee again, and handed out some of my newer business cards (which say a lot more about me).

Written By: Howard on 07/18/12 at 8:10 pm

So this morning I went to Contacts & Coffee again, and handed out some of my newer business cards (which say a lot more about me).

good luck hope it works out.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/18/12 at 11:41 pm

Went to the aviary today, stepdaughter goes home on a flight in a few hours.  She will be missed.  She should be moving in with us in  few months.

Written By: wildcard on 07/18/12 at 11:46 pm

I forgot what I did today.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/19/12 at 10:51 am

Went to the aviary today, stepdaughter goes home on a flight in a few hours.  She will be missed.  She should be moving in with us in  few months.

So I take it everything went well.

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/19/12 at 11:14 am

good luck hope it works out.

Thanks; I've even gotten lots of compliments on the new design; not only does it list some of my skills (data entry/database admin...), but it also has a "parallel lines" design on it which stands out.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/19/12 at 4:41 pm

So I take it everything went well.

Cat

As well as to be expected, She has alot of maturing to do, but it's workable.  We're glad to have our time and home back (even temporarily) so we can get things done and not have to focus so much on her all the time.  It was a good visit, just a little taxing at times.  We all learned alot about ourselves.  I guess we'll see how it goes from here.

Written By: wildcard on 07/19/12 at 6:28 pm

I got some new glasses ordered

Written By: danootaandme on 07/20/12 at 2:29 am

Working overtime, so I get home exhausted and fall asleep too early then wake up at 3 am.  It is becoming a vicious cycle.  :(

Written By: Howard on 07/20/12 at 7:01 am

Working overtime, so I get home exhausted and fall asleep too early then wake up at 3 am.  It is becoming a vicious cycle.  :(

DAMN I do hope you get some good sleep. :(

Written By: snozberries on 07/20/12 at 10:13 am

hang in there....  and hey.....OVERTIME!!! YAY!

Written By: nally on 07/20/12 at 1:22 pm

My birthday itself turned out just fine. :) I am just having a "belated" celebration on the 20th.

So tonight I hope to have a nice "belated" celebration. None of my invitees said that they wouldn't be able to make it, so I hope all goes as planned...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/20/12 at 5:28 pm

I feel honored. I got a hug from Senator Bernie Sanders today.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 07/20/12 at 5:36 pm

I feel honored. I got a hug from Senator Bernie Sanders today.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

COOL!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/20/12 at 7:57 pm

So tonight I hope to have a nice "belated" celebration. None of my invitees said that they wouldn't be able to make it, so I hope all goes as planned...

enjoy your belated birthday. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 07/20/12 at 9:21 pm

Hope it's fun.  :)

Written By: wildcard on 07/20/12 at 11:38 pm

A couple of weeks ago I was planning to maybe start recording some of my parodies or parts of them over at Soundclick again.  This time though I'm not signing up for a band page because I'm not going to buy midis and I can't really play anything anyway.  Thought I'd start with I'm Your Jest if I do start recording tomorrow or the next day.

Written By: nally on 07/21/12 at 12:25 am

enjoy your belated birthday. :)

Hope it's fun.  :)

I am happy to report that it was!! :) :) 8) :D O0

Written By: danootaandme on 07/21/12 at 3:40 am

FANTASTICO!  Glad everything went well, it is good celebrating with friends, especially when they are celebrating you.  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 07/21/12 at 4:07 am

Thinking of going out someplace special for dinner.  Call me crazy, but I just can't get myself to go into a place that calls itself a "Bistro"...and I've never really even seen a place called a bistro that actually is(or was) a bistro.

"Bistro (French: ), sometimes spelled bistrot, is, in its original Parisian incarnation, a small restaurant serving moderately priced simple meals in a modest setting. Bistros are defined mostly by the foods they serve. Home cooking with robust earthy dishes, and slow-cooked foods like cassoulet are typical."

Written By: Howard on 07/21/12 at 7:17 am

Thinking of going out someplace special for dinner.  Call me crazy, but I just can't get myself to go into a place that calls itself a "Bistro"...and I've never really even seen a place called a bistro that actually is(or was) a bistro.

"Bistro (French: ), sometimes spelled bistrot, is, in its original Parisian incarnation, a small restaurant serving moderately priced simple meals in a modest setting. Bistros are defined mostly by the foods they serve. Home cooking with robust earthy dishes, and slow-cooked foods like cassoulet are typical."

So why don't you try it?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/21/12 at 10:50 am

Glad to hear it went well

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/12 at 11:02 am

Our pic was in the paper today. I can't post the pic here.

http://rutlandherald.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=42900081&event=1505493&CategoryID=15781

You can just barely make us out. We are in the second row. You can see me in between the guy in the red shirt (next to Bernie Sanders) and the guy in the gray suit. Carlos is on the other side of the guy in the gray suit. You can just make out a bit of his hair.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/21/12 at 11:44 am

That's great Jeff

Written By: snozberries on 07/21/12 at 11:48 am

http://rutlandherald.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=42900081&event=1505493&CategoryID=15781

You can just barely make us out. We are in the second row. You can see me in between the guy in the red shirt (next to Bernie Sanders) and the guy in the gray suit. Carlos is on the other side of the guy in the gray suit. You can just make out a bit of his hair.

Cat

I found you guys!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/12 at 12:38 pm

I found you guys!

There is another pic from another angle. http://rutlandherald.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=42900080&event=1505493&CategoryID=15781

Carlos is directly behind the pole. If the photographer had moved over one way or the other, you would be able to see him. Don't think you can really see me in this pic.

There are three more pics from the event-one of Bernie alone and the other two you really can't see us at all.

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/21/12 at 4:31 pm

FANTASTICO!  Glad everything went well, it is good celebrating with friends, especially when they are celebrating you.  :)

I completely agree. 8) Six of them showed up to celebrate me, and we had a really nice time.

Written By: nally on 07/21/12 at 4:33 pm

There is another pic from another angle. http://rutlandherald.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=42900080&event=1505493&CategoryID=15781

Carlos is directly behind the pole. If the photographer had moved over one way or the other, you would be able to see him. Don't think you can really see me in this pic.

There are three more pics from the event-one of Bernie alone and the other two you really can't see us at all.

Cat

Nope, can't see you guys there. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 07/21/12 at 8:05 pm

Cat

very nice Cat.

Written By: wildcard on 07/22/12 at 7:29 pm

A couple of weeks ago I was planning to maybe start recording some of my parodies or parts of them over at Soundclick again.  This time though I'm not signing up for a band page because I'm not going to buy midis and I can't really play anything anyway.  Thought I'd start with I'm Your Jest if I do start recording tomorrow or the next day.

No didn't get to it this weekend, but planned a little more and am seeing if I can keep my hearing aid in my right ear all day without too bad a headache or anything.  It will help me hear better and sound better.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/22/12 at 7:40 pm

Went to my mother's today. There was a surprise birthday party for a dear friend of hers. Two of my sisters were there. Even though we really didn't want to go, it turned out to be a really nice time. But my mother is not looking well at all.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/22/12 at 7:42 pm

Went to my mother's today. There was a surprise birthday party for a dear friend of hers. Two of my sisters were there. Even though we really didn't want to go, it turned out to be a really nice time. But my mother is not looking well at all.  :-\\

Cat

sorry to hear that Cat.... glad you had a nice time tho

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/22/12 at 7:48 pm

sorry to hear that Cat.... glad you had a nice time tho

We are going to go back down there when her house isn't overrun by a whole bunch of people I didn't know. Probably within the next week or so. We (as in my sisters & I) really don't think that she will be around too much longer.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/22/12 at 8:03 pm

We are going to go back down there when her house isn't overrun by a whole bunch of people I didn't know. Probably within the next week or so. We (as in my sisters & I) really don't think that she will be around too much longer.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

it's so hard getting to the point where we're losing everyone around us... having recently lost your father and your father-in-law this must be especially raw for you.  ((((hugs)))))

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/22/12 at 8:25 pm

it's so hard getting to the point where we're losing everyone around us... having recently lost your father and your father-in-law this must be especially raw for you.  ((((hugs)))))

Yeah, it is. I still haven't quite come to grips with the loss of my father. But, I'll get through it. I am sad but at least I'm not depressed like I was when I lost my sister.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 07/22/12 at 8:34 pm

Cat

Cat

Aw, Cat, I am so sorry.  {{{hugs}}} thoughts and prayers

Written By: Howard on 07/23/12 at 7:36 am

Cat

I'm sorry to hear that Cat. :(

Written By: Howard on 07/23/12 at 7:37 am

Cat

(((hugs)))

Written By: wildcard on 07/23/12 at 11:19 am

When I went outside this morning to exercise,  I noticed something horrible.  I'm going to have some Hibiscus flowers to take a picture of.  There at the side of the house otherwise they'd be dead if they were in my garden..

Written By: nally on 07/23/12 at 3:16 pm

Cat

(((hugs)))

What Howard said.

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/23/12 at 3:31 pm

I did not read all of the posts on here, but hope July has been wonderful for everyone :)

Written By: Howard on 07/24/12 at 6:57 am

can't believe next Wednesday is the first day of August.  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/12 at 10:12 am

My niece won an Emmy.  :) :) :) :)

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/12 at 10:14 am

Cat

AWESOME!!!! for what??

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/12 at 10:16 am

AWESOME!!!! for what??

For directing a newscast in Tulsa.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 07/24/12 at 10:19 am

I'm seeing the councelor this morning and tomorrow I'm getting my first pap smear

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/12 at 10:21 am

Cat

that's fantastic

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/24/12 at 10:32 am

that's fantastic

I thought so. I'm not the proud aunt, am I? (BTW, she was my maid of honor.)  :) :) :) :)

Cat

Written By: karen on 07/24/12 at 11:38 am

Cat

How wonderful!

Written By: nally on 07/24/12 at 1:34 pm

Cat

Cat

That is so awesome!! :D O0

Written By: Dagwood on 07/24/12 at 6:58 pm

Cat

Awesome!  Congrats to your niece!

Written By: Howard on 07/24/12 at 7:46 pm

Cat

YAY congratulations to your niece. :)

Written By: Howard on 07/24/12 at 7:48 pm

Cat

that's fantastic.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/24/12 at 7:51 pm

Congrats Cat's niece

Written By: meesa on 07/26/12 at 10:18 am

Cat

Fantastic!

Written By: wildcard on 07/26/12 at 11:52 am

worked in my dirt lot this morning. 

Written By: nally on 07/26/12 at 3:32 pm

So this morning I had a doctor's appointment; just a typical medical exam. Overall, I'm healthy. O0

The doctor's office was in Newbury Park, so I had to drive the Conejo Grade to get there. This was my first time doing it without anybody else in the car; IOW, I did it solo. All I really needed to do was apply lots of acceleration going up. I felt really confident about it.

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/12 at 3:39 pm

So this morning I had a doctor's appointment; just a typical medical exam. Overall, I'm healthy. O0

The doctor's office was in Newbury Park, so I had to drive the Conejo Grade to get there. This was my first time doing it without anybody else in the car; IOW, I did it solo. All I really needed to do was apply lots of acceleration going up. I felt really confident about it.

Great Job Jeff.... yes... it's massive acceleration is required to get up the grade... not just because it's steep but because the other drivers will bowl you over if you're not going fast enough  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/26/12 at 6:59 pm

Going back for my 25th High school reunion tomorrow morning (the actual reunion is on Sat. night, but other meetups throughout the weekend).  We've been having ALOT of thunder and lightning this week, hopefully the weather will clear up some.  Hard to believe so much time has gone by, in ways it just seems like yesterday, and in others, it is a whole 'nother lifetime ago.  :-\\

Written By: wildcard on 07/26/12 at 7:21 pm

My new glasses came today.  It seems to be even better for me to read things now.

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/26/12 at 7:28 pm

Hi everyone!

Had a great evening tonight. After a hectic morning doing those assignments, I finally got to spend some time with the family especially my parents. The weather was ok, warm mostly only it's been cloudy. I am hoping the sun will come out during the weekend!

Written By: Dagwood on 07/26/12 at 7:34 pm

Going back for my 25th High school reunion tomorrow morning (the actual reunion is on Sat. night, but other meetups throughout the weekend).  We've been having ALOT of thunder and lightning this week, hopefully the weather will clear up some.  Hard to believe so much time has gone by, in ways it just seems like yesterday, and in others, it is a whole 'nother lifetime ago.  :-\\

Have fun, Patty!

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/12 at 9:09 pm

Have fun!!! Stay dry!

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/12 at 9:10 pm

Hi everyone!

Had a great evening tonight. After a hectic morning doing those assignments, I finally got to spend some time with the family especially my parents. The weather was ok, warm mostly only it's been cloudy. I am hoping the sun will come out during the weekend!

O0

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/12 at 9:14 pm

My new glasses came today.  It seems to be even better for me to read things now.

That's good Ann

Forgive me for asking but are the glasses okay? A couple of the pics you've posted are really blurry and I wonder if they look clear to you

Written By: wildcard on 07/26/12 at 10:54 pm

I think my camera lens needs to be wiped again.  I did take those pictures before my new glasses came so they'll probably look worse to me now.  I know the butterfly one was bad.  I'll make sure I get the camera wiped so I can get a good picture of that hibiscus flower when it opens.  Also, thanks for asking,I need someone to say something to me in some way sometimes so I don't start feeling like none cares and end up mad at everyone and leave this site.

yup, the butterfly one looks horrible  and I don't know how I got the words on the chalkboard so blurred up, but I did.  The flower doesn't look bad to me, but the camera could probably use a little wiping.  I've had a touch of something going around so there's also a good chance that my hands and arms were a bit shaky.

Written By: nally on 07/26/12 at 10:56 pm

I hope you have a good time, Patty!!

Written By: nally on 07/26/12 at 10:59 pm

Great Job Jeff.... yes... it's massive acceleration is required to get up the grade... not just because it's steep but because the other drivers will bowl you over if you're not going fast enough  ;D

Yes they will. The last several times, I've had someone in the car to give me advice/tips (usually my mom), but I've done it enough times to where I can handle it on my own now. O0

Btw, going back down was pretty straightforward as well (I forgot to mention that earlier); I tried not to go too fast downhill while making those curves.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/26/12 at 11:13 pm

I think my camera lens needs to be wiped again.  I did take those pictures before my new glasses came so they'll probably look worse to me now.  I know the butterfly one was bad.  I'll make sure I get the camera wiped so I can get a good picture of that hibiscus flower when it opens.  Also, thanks for asking,I need someone to say something to me in some way sometimes so I don't start feeling like none cares and end up mad at everyone and leave this site.

Love your sig line.  They are so dang cute.  (Snoz will hate it, though ;D)

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/12 at 11:19 pm

yup, the butterfly one looks horrible  and I don't know how I got the words on the chalkboard so blurred up, but I did.  The flower doesn't look bad to me, but the camera could probably use a little wiping.  I've had a touch of something going around so there's also a good chance that my hands and arms were a bit shaky.

No problem. I'm glad to hear it was the camera. I'll admit I was a little worried.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/12 at 11:20 pm

Love your sig line.  They are so dang cute.  (Snoz will hate it, though ;D)

Yeah I stopped looking.  ;D

Written By: wildcard on 07/26/12 at 11:33 pm

Yeah I stopped looking.  ;D

he he  I've started going through all my photobucket pictures and tried to fit all my bananas into my avatar and sig line, but that didn't quite work, but I was able to do one with my frog pictures and bats.  I'll probably change it again after putting together some more pictures and or animations.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/12 at 7:15 am

I don't have to see my doctor for another year.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/27/12 at 8:36 am

Hope you have a great time.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/27/12 at 8:39 am

Road trip.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/12 at 9:14 am

Road trip.

Cat

Have fun.  Hope it works out. & hope they're tasty!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/12 at 9:23 am

Road trip.

Cat
Take care!

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/27/12 at 9:39 am

I have the day all to myself today! No assignments, no work...and it's Friday too! So I have a nice long weekend ahead :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/12 at 10:33 am

I have the day all to myself today! No assignments, no work...and it's Friday too! So I have a nice long weekend ahead :)

Enjoy.

One of my favorite admin people at the department clashes with the new chief. It was ugly. She got moved to another dept but went out in stress leave before she was officially reassigned.  She has a medical condition that is worsened by stress. Needless to say she got really sick. She ended up retiring medically in March. (or May) anyway. She worked for us for 28 yrs. she was never given a retirement party so I put together a lunch for her (on the down low) abt 25 of us are getting together today to honor her.  I hope she realizes we love her.

Written By: wildcard on 07/27/12 at 11:46 am

thought I'd work on my feet and cheese pictures today  ;)

I was outside for a while and got most the weeds in my dirt lot.  Just need to empty the water in my pond and I can start putting all my extra unlevel dirt back in there.  Underneith the pond I have a bunch of nice snails and cockroaches  I don't want to house.  Got me a nice plastic bowl at Walmart to put some fresh water in every day and put in a hanging basket that the birds took the liner material out of in the past to build their nests with.

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/12 at 12:02 pm

thought I'd work on my feet and cheese pictures today  ;)

Mmmmm.  My faves.

8-P

Good one

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/27/12 at 1:14 pm

Enjoy.

One of my favorite admin people at the department clashes with the new chief. It was ugly. She got moved to another dept but went out in stress leave before she was officially reassigned.  She has a medical condition that is worsened by stress. Needless to say she got really sick. She ended up retiring medically in March. (or May) anyway. She worked for us for 28 yrs. she was never given a retirement party so I put together a lunch for her (on the down low) abt 25 of us are getting together today to honor her.  I hope she realizes we love her.

I'm sure she will. That is so nice of you to do that for her :)

Written By: karen on 07/27/12 at 1:48 pm

OLYMPICS!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/12 at 1:49 pm

OLYMPICS!!
... 1 hour and 10 minutes to go for the opening ceremony!

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/12 at 4:12 pm

I'm sure she will. That is so nice of you to do that for her :)

Thanks!

It was stressful morning consisting of me scrambling to pick up her plaque, get flowers and balloons (had to go to 4 stores before finding one that wasn't out of helium.  ::)

All in all it cost me quite a bit of money upfront. Fortunately everyone paid (save two people who owe me.) if they pay me I actually broke out even. Of they don't I'm in the hole 30 bucks.  Not too bad considering were talking $600 between gift, plaque & lunch for 25 ppl.

Written By: nally on 07/27/12 at 6:16 pm

I don't have to see my doctor for another year.

I didn't see one for the longest time. When I was a kid, I needed to go every year for an annual checkup. Since becoming an adult, I hadn't seen a doctor regularly, so I needed to have a physical exam. The hard part was finding one that was covered by my insurance.

Written By: nally on 07/27/12 at 6:18 pm

...it will re-air in the U.S. tonight; I might decide not to watch it.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/12 at 7:34 pm

Road trip.

Cat

enjoy your road trip.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/12 at 7:35 pm

What are your plans?

Written By: Howard on 07/27/12 at 7:38 pm

I didn't see one for the longest time. When I was a kid, I needed to go every year for an annual checkup. Since becoming an adult, I hadn't seen a doctor regularly, so I needed to have a physical exam. The hard part was finding one that was covered by my insurance.

I don't have to see him as much anymore just once a year and that's it.

Written By: nally on 07/27/12 at 7:40 pm

I don't have to see him as much anymore just once a year and that's it.

I may get contacted again when it's time for me to get another checkup/medical exam. Maybe sometime next year.

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/27/12 at 7:45 pm

Thanks!

It was stressful morning consisting of me scrambling to pick up her plaque, get flowers and balloons (had to go to 4 stores before finding one that wasn't out of helium.  ::)

All in all it cost me quite a bit of money upfront. Fortunately everyone paid (save two people who owe me.) if they pay me I actually broke out even. Of they don't I'm in the hole 30 bucks.  Not too bad considering were talking $600 between gift, plaque & lunch for 25 ppl.

Sorry it was stressful at first, but it sounds like it turned out ok in the end so I'm glad for you.

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/12 at 8:42 pm

Sorry it was stressful at first, but it sounds like it turned out ok in the end so I'm glad for you.

Thanks!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/27/12 at 8:46 pm

If anyone told me about 3 or 4 days ago that I would be sittin' in a motel room north of Bangor, Maine, I would have told them they were nuts-but here I am. But, no lobster yet.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 07/28/12 at 2:03 am

If anyone told me about 3 or 4 days ago that I would be sittin' in a motel room north of Bangor, Maine, I would have told them they were nuts-but here I am. But, no lobster yet.  :-\\

Cat

What are you doing there!?  Sounds like an adventure that could be either great or awful, there's no in between north of Bangor.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/28/12 at 2:04 am

Have to work today(Saturday).  First no work, then overtime and Saturdays, which I hate.  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 07/28/12 at 11:28 am

What are you doing there!?  Sounds like an adventure that could be either great or awful, there's no in between north of Bangor.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=46332.msg2904277#msg2904277

Written By: danootaandme on 07/28/12 at 4:42 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=46332.msg2904277#msg2904277

Weee ohhhh...from Vermont to Maine for an antenna. That is serious, I got one for Sig off of the internet.(though not retractable)

Written By: snozberries on 07/28/12 at 8:11 pm

Weee ohhhh...from Vermont to Maine for an antenna. That is serious, I got one for Sig off of the internet.(though not retractable)

not an antenna lol...that was me getting excited that the RV had a place for a tv... the previous one she posted about didn't...

here's the link to why they are in Maine

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2903680;topic=46332.30;last_msg=2905608

Written By: wildcard on 07/28/12 at 10:04 pm

I've been dosing off all day.  I ended up at photobucket and getting a bunch of bananas in one picture. 

Written By: danootaandme on 07/29/12 at 2:48 am

So I came home from work exhausted and fell asleep by 7:30, dragged myself to bed, slept until 2:30am, a solid 7 hours of sleep, but now it is 3:45 and I wish I could have stayed up longer and slept those 7, or even 8 hours, and gotten up at 6 at the earliest, my day off and I will probably be tired all day when this catches up :-\\

Written By: Howard on 07/29/12 at 6:59 am

So I came home from work exhausted and fell asleep by 7:30, dragged myself to bed, slept until 2:30am, a solid 7 hours of sleep, but now it is 3:45 and I wish I could have stayed up longer and slept those 7, or even 8 hours, and gotten up at 6 at the earliest, my day off and I will probably be tired all day when this catches up :-\\

why don't you catch up on some sleep?  ???

Written By: danootaandme on 07/29/12 at 9:17 am

why don't you catch up on some sleep?  ???

YAY!  I DID.  I went back to bed and slept 2 more hours which is great.  I will probably still be tired all day, but wide awake Monday to start the week all over again.

Written By: nally on 07/29/12 at 2:16 pm

YAY!  I DID.  I went back to bed and slept 2 more hours which is great.  I will probably still be tired all day, but wide awake Monday to start the week all over again.

That's good. O0

I slept later than usual this morning myself, but tomorrow being Monday, I will need to get up earlier.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/29/12 at 4:55 pm

I'm pretty tired myself. It has been a long, but FABULOUS weekend.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 07/29/12 at 5:06 pm

I'll probably feel a little better on Monday.  I've had a touch of something going around and yesterday I started doing something that might make me a bit moody.  I've got nearly all of my bananas in three codes here.  Yeah I know the blue is off and if I can figure it out,  I'll do them all with clear backgrounds.   

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/29/12 at 7:18 pm

Got back from my 25th class reunion last night about midnight.  I think I might have slept eight hours the whole weekend.  I had a wonderful time.  ou know me though, I get so dang shy around crowds, even if I know everybody... So I didn't talk all that much.  There were some faces I recognized but didn't know names, so hubby was extremely helpful with "Hi, I'm Patty Drummond's husband" and they would respond with who they were.  It was brilliant.  ;D

It was nice seeing everybody, some I hadn't see in 25 years.  I didn't have alot to say, again, I'm stupidly shy in person... But it was fun.  Food was great, entertainment was good, (we left before the dancing started, (I don't dance anymore, got too many jiggly spots and absolutely no rhythm.)  We ;eft right after the 50/50 drawing, where half of the money went to the class coffers to pay for future reunions and "half" went to whoever won.  Coincidently (I think not) the prize was $87 (the exact year we graduated).  I won it, or I should say James, my husband won it.  ;D  We donated some back to the class, the rest we have to last us through payday.  Came at the exact right time, let me tell you.    :-http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/561271_475690509110291_307223478_n.jpg

This one looks like Lisa is doing the Thriller zombie dance in the opposite direction as the other dancers  ;D
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/581032_333050016776319_2065624895_n.jpg

Funny face on my friends
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/396139_333047956776525_1216210509_n.jpg

In this one, we're trying to get organized for a group photo
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/396898_333048296776491_995499940_n.jpg

Guys on right standing on chairs
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/302425_333048643443123_1618951983_n.jpg

A smaller group of the ones that went to a certain elementary school
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/576207_333049773443010_1473846299_n.jpg
Four of the girls dressed similarily (not planned ahead of time)
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/418198_333049840109670_232181206_n.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/29/12 at 7:28 pm

Glad you had a great time, Patty. And way cool for winning the 50/50. And very classy donating it back.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/29/12 at 7:48 pm

people need a good amount of sleep or they'll wind up as a zombie the next day. you need the energy to function clearly the next day.

Written By: Howard on 07/29/12 at 7:49 pm

Got back from my 25th class reunion last night about midnight.  I think I might have slept eight hours the whole weekend.  I had a wonderful time.  ou know me though, I get so dang shy around crowds, even if I know everybody... So I didn't talk all that much.  There were some faces I recognized but didn't know names, so hubby was extremely helpful with "Hi, I'm Patty Drummond's husband" and they would respond with who they were.  It was brilliant.  ;D

It was nice seeing everybody, some I hadn't see in 25 years.  I didn't have alot to say, again, I'm stupidly shy in person... But it was fun.  Food was great, entertainment was good, (we left before the dancing started, (I don't dance anymore, got too many jiggly spots and absolutely no rhythm.)  We ;eft right after the 50/50 drawing, where half of the money went to the class coffers to pay for future reunions and "half" went to whoever won.  Coincidently (I think not) the prize was $87 (the exact year we graduated).  I won it, or I should say James, my husband won it.  ;D  We donated some back to the class, the rest we have to last us through payday.  Came at the exact right time, let me tell you.    :-http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/561271_475690509110291_307223478_n.jpg

This one looks like Lisa is doing the Thriller zombie dance in the opposite direction as the other dancers  ;D
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=333050016776319&set=a.333047656776555.75314.100002139698894&type=1&theater

Funny face on my friends
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/396139_333047956776525_1216210509_n.jpg

In this one, we're trying to get organized for a group photo
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/396898_333048296776491_995499940_n.jpg

Guys on right standing on chairs
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/302425_333048643443123_1618951983_n.jpg

A smaller group of the ones that went to a certain elementary school
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/576207_333049773443010_1473846299_n.jpg
Four of the girls dressed similarily (not planned ahead of time)
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/418198_333049840109670_232181206_n.jpg

Wow Patty those are some neat pictures. :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/29/12 at 9:19 pm

Went to go see Dark Knight Rises today. I was happy and sad that the tgeater was not more crowded. I hope it's because there were two other theaters showing it within a mile of the theater I went to.

I walked to the theater (and home) 4.4 miles each way....that's right I walked 8.8 miles (actually I walked about 9.25 miles....there were times during the walk I paused the app I use on my phone and once forgot to restart it immediately.

Written By: snozberries on 07/29/12 at 9:25 pm

Glad you had fun Patty. Congrats on winning some much needed cash.
Tgat happened to me when I was going to a mini reunion. I had to drive 300 miles north. I needed a hotel room too. I had $40 in the bank. I checked a lotto ticket and I won $170. It covered dinner, gas and a cheap motel just when I needed it most.

Written By: Howard on 07/30/12 at 7:19 am

Went to go see Dark Knight Rises today. I was happy and sad that the tgeater was not more crowded. I hope it's because there were two other theaters showing it within a mile of the theater I went to.

I walked to the theater (and home) 4.4 miles each way....that's right I walked 8.8 miles (actually I walked about 9.25 miles....there were times during the walk I paused the app I use on my phone and once forgot to restart it immediately.

How'd you like the film?

Written By: karen on 07/30/12 at 8:50 am

We went to bed before it was all over.  I saw as far as the beginning of the S's parading on

Written By: karen on 07/30/12 at 9:20 am

We had a great weekend, despite a few glitches.

Up early Saturday morning, breakfast and then walk to the train station to catch the train to London.  As part of the Olympic ticket price we got all zone tickets for the underground (tube) (/subway) so it was easy to travel around the city once we'd arrived.  We caught the tube across to our hotel, dropped off the bag and thought we'd walk around the Olympic Park.  Didn't realise you had to buy tickets for this (or could go in if the event you were seeing was in one of the centres in the park).  Our event was elsewhere in London so we had a quick rethink and headed to London Bridge station to walk around that area.  We ended up going on the Golden Hinde - Sir Francis Drake's ship (or should I say a reproduction).  He sailed around the world in 1577-1580.  There was some pirate based activities on board that the children joined in.

we grabbed a quick hotdog lunch and ate this on the go while walking to the next underground station to get to the Excel centre where we would be watching the table tennis.  Good marshalling generally kept things moving from the train to the event entry gates.  There we went through airline style security, bag checks etc.  Once at the actual building we were first of all told to go into the building and then told that actually the queue was outside!  Much grumbling from everyone at having to stand out in the heat when other people were queueing inside the air conditioned building.  Eventually we were allowed into the event centre where we had a look at the small exhibition and Dai queued for 40 minutes to refill his water bottle!

Inside the arena we took our seats on the back row (that's what you get for buying the cheapest possible!).  There were four tables set up, a couple of large viewing screens and a large scoreboard at the back of the arena.  With four games being played at once it was impossible to watch everything.  In the first set of matches however there was a Brit playing, so of course we followed that game!  Thaknfully Joanna Parker (?) went through to the next round.  Next set of matches we decided to be honorary Americans and followed that game.  She also went through to the next round.  Then it was time for the men's first round matches.  We watched a great game between a French player and someone from Nigeria.  It went to tie break more than once, the Nigerian being the eventual winner at 4 games to 3.  Next up was Paul Drinkhall from Team GB.  Another great game and he went through to the next round (just heard he was knocked out in round 3  :\'( ).  I felt sorry for the other players who were still going after that match finished because a majority of the crowd left.  :-\\

Back to the hotel for dinner, great food, hit and miss service.  The server took our drinks order and disappeared for ages.  We were tired and wanted to eat so Dai caught the eye of another staff member and placed our order with him.  The lad clearly didn't know his way round the order pad but wrote everything down very carefully.  Turns out he was only there for clearing tables and setting up - regardless he did a great job.  Main course arrived and was cleared away and we sat and sat.  Eventually the server came and asked if we needed anything else.  "Well, we did order dessert...".

Next day we went to the Tower of London, which was a great day in spite of the rain showers.  We saw the Crown Jewels, had a guided tour from a Yeoman warder, took part in a re-enactment of the stealing of the Crown Jewels and looked around the White Tower.

Tube and the train home and just managed the walk from the station with very tired and aching feet!

Written By: snozberries on 07/30/12 at 11:17 am

How'd you like the film?

I liked it.  I rewatched Batman Begins and Dark Knight on Saturday... I think Christian Bale was a bit more "Batman-y" in this one which can be a bit annoying but other than that - the story was good and Anne Hathaway makes a great Catwoman!

I liked Joseph Gordon Levitt too!

there was a twist I never saw coming and one I totally saw coming even tho it changes the lore a bit... Overall it was really enjoyable. and quite loud...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/30/12 at 11:21 am

We had a great weekend, despite a few glitches.

Up early Saturday morning, breakfast and then walk to the train station to catch the train to London.  As part of the Olympic ticket price we got all zone tickets for the underground (tube) (/subway) so it was easy to travel around the city once we'd arrived.  We caught the tube across to our hotel, dropped off the bag and thought we'd walk around the Olympic Park.  Didn't realise you had to buy tickets for this (or could go in if the event you were seeing was in one of the centres in the park).  Our event was elsewhere in London so we had a quick rethink and headed to London Bridge station to walk around that area.  We ended up going on the Golden Hinde - Sir Francis Drake's ship (or should I say a reproduction).  He sailed around the world in 1577-1580.  There was some pirate based activities on board that the children joined in.

we grabbed a quick hotdog lunch and ate this on the go while walking to the next underground station to get to the Excel centre where we would be watching the table tennis.  Good marshalling generally kept things moving from the train to the event entry gates.  There we went through airline style security, bag checks etc.  Once at the actual building we were first of all told to go into the building and then told that actually the queue was outside!  Much grumbling from everyone at having to stand out in the heat when other people were queueing inside the air conditioned building.  Eventually we were allowed into the event centre where we had a look at the small exhibition and Dai queued for 40 minutes to refill his water bottle!

Inside the arena we took our seats on the back row (that's what you get for buying the cheapest possible!).  There were four tables set up, a couple of large viewing screens and a large scoreboard at the back of the arena.  With four games being played at once it was impossible to watch everything.  In the first set of matches however there was a Brit playing, so of course we followed that game!  Thaknfully Joanna Parker (?) went through to the next round.  Next set of matches we decided to be honorary Americans and followed that game.  She also went through to the next round.  Then it was time for the men's first round matches.  We watched a great game between a French player and someone from Nigeria.  It went to tie break more than once, the Nigerian being the eventual winner at 4 games to 3.  Next up was Paul Drinkhall from Team GB.  Another great game and he went through to the next round (just heard he was knocked out in round 3  :\'( ).  I felt sorry for the other players who were still going after that match finished because a majority of the crowd left.  :-\\

Back to the hotel for dinner, great food, hit and miss service.  The server took our drinks order and disappeared for ages.  We were tired and wanted to eat so Dai caught the eye of another staff member and placed our order with him.  The lad clearly didn't know his way round the order pad but wrote everything down very carefully.  Turns out he was only there for clearing tables and setting up - regardless he did a great job.  Main course arrived and was cleared away and we sat and sat.  Eventually the server came and asked if we needed anything else.  "Well, we did order dessert...".

Next day we went to the Tower of London, which was a great day in spite of the rain showers.  We saw the Crown Jewels, had a guided tour from a Yeoman warder, took part in a re-enactment of the stealing of the Crown Jewels and looked around the White Tower.

Tube and the train home and just managed the walk from the station with very tired and aching feet!

Sounds great. Glad you had a wonderful time.

If I ever get to London, the one place I want to see is the Tower of London-so I am jealous.

Cat 

Written By: snozberries on 07/30/12 at 11:23 am

sounds exhausting...and fun karen

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/30/12 at 2:15 pm

Just had a WONDERFUL massage. Have I mentioned that I am spoiled?

Cat

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/30/12 at 2:57 pm

Just finished posting a really hard assignment! Now I all I want to do is post messages lol, so here I am.

Written By: snozberries on 07/30/12 at 3:39 pm

I just walked 3.5 miles today....had to go run an errand for work and we get an hour fit break (if we have two dispatchers on duty and aren't busy) so I combined my fit break with the errand!  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/30/12 at 3:41 pm

I just walked 3.5 miles today....had to go run an errand for work and we get an hour fit break (if we have two dispatchers on duty and aren't busy) so I combined my fit break with the errand!  8)

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/30/12 at 4:01 pm

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.

Cat

;D

Just gotta step up my training....only 54 days until the Avon Walk

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=45966.msg2853459#msg2853459

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/30/12 at 9:50 pm

Sounds like you had fun, Karen.  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 07/31/12 at 4:48 am

Sig walks 3 miles everyday, bless his heart.  I walk 3 minutes everyday  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 07/31/12 at 6:57 am

very good!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/31/12 at 8:36 am

It's hard to get started and I hate every minute of it but it's worth it to get healthy again.

Written By: snozberries on 07/31/12 at 8:37 am

very good!  :)

Thx Howard.

Written By: nally on 07/31/12 at 1:22 pm

That's good. Walking is good for ya.

I try to walk every day that I can, to get exercise.

Written By: wildcard on 07/31/12 at 3:28 pm

I did my 20 minutes walking this morning.

Written By: snozberries on 07/31/12 at 3:39 pm

good for you Ann

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/31/12 at 3:55 pm

I run everyday...

to the bathroom.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 07/31/12 at 5:23 pm

I run everyday...

to the bathroom.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Right behind you  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/31/12 at 5:25 pm

Right behind you  ;D

hmmmm wouldn't in front be better? 

A) you'd get there first
B) you would step in anything that came out if she didn't make it fast enough

:D

Written By: nally on 07/31/12 at 6:45 pm

good for you Ann

I have sometimes managed to take a walk in the morning, before the temperature heats up too much. Otherwise, I have to wait until at least 6pm to do it.

Written By: Howard on 07/31/12 at 7:53 pm

That's good. Walking is good for ya.

I try to walk every day that I can, to get exercise.

I try to walk myself too to get exercise.

Written By: Howard on 07/31/12 at 7:53 pm

very good Ann.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/05/12 at 8:12 pm

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/songpop.jpg

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/05/12 at 8:38 pm

^ He will!  lol (Show off!  :P )

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/05/12 at 8:44 pm

^ He will!  lol (Show off!  :P )

You know it.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...