inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Gust of Zombies walk into a bar....what are you doing in AUGUST???

Written By: snozberries on 07/28/12 at 12:58 pm

;D

we are getting so close to the Zombie-pocalypse I can feel it!!!! What oh what will I do if it doesn't happen  :D

I don't have any major plans in August... there's a Hollywood Collector's show at the beginning of the month.  and two paley events on the calendar so far.  One Mike & Molly taping and, apparently, Jeff Probst has a new talk show, I'll let you know if he's any good.

Subject: Re: A Gust of Zombies walk into a bar....what are you doing in AUGUST???

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/28/12 at 1:20 pm

August is hurricane season :o

Subject: Re: A Gust of Zombies walk into a bar....what are you doing in AUGUST???

Written By: Dagwood on 07/28/12 at 2:38 pm

Ohhhh, Jeff Probst?  Let me know if it is good.  I love him.

Sarah is going to camp for a week.  This will be the first time in 14 years that she has been away for that long with no contact.  They are not allowed to bring phones or computers. 

Written By: snozberries on 07/28/12 at 2:56 pm

I did not know that... guess my title is more appropriate than I thought... ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/28/12 at 2:58 pm

Ohhhh, Jeff Probst?  Let me know if it is good.  I love him.

Sarah is going to camp for a week.  This will be the first time in 14 years that she has been away for that long with no contact.  They are not allowed to bring phones or computers.

I love him too... his reunion shows tell me he's a good host... I'm just not sure if it's a celeb type talk show or a serious one? or a mixture of both...

Sounds like the camp I went to when I was 12........except we didn't have phones or computers to bring with us anyway!  :D  Hope she has more fun than I did!

Written By: warped on 07/28/12 at 4:54 pm

I like Jeff Probst too. Talk show host. hmmm...
Let's see how he does in that environment.

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/28/12 at 5:26 pm

I did not know that... guess my title is more appropriate than I thought... ;D

I didn't know either until recently someone mentioned it on the weather channel lol.

Written By: Howard on 07/28/12 at 7:56 pm

hope New York doesn't get hit.  :o

Written By: Howard on 07/28/12 at 7:57 pm

got my one week vacation in August.

Written By: wildcard on 07/28/12 at 10:09 pm

appt on the2nd with my ear doc in Sacramento

Subject: Re: what are you doing in AUGUST???

Written By: nally on 07/31/12 at 2:33 pm

I don't have too many plans for the month just yet.

But I do know that the 15th will mark one full year since we lost our beloved Chloe dog. :\'( :\'(

Written By: amjikloviet on 07/31/12 at 2:54 pm

But I do know that the 15th will mark one full year since we lost our beloved Chloe dog. :\'( :\'(

:\'(

We have quite a few birthdays in the family for August.

Written By: nally on 07/31/12 at 3:28 pm

:\'(

We have quite a few birthdays in the family for August.

My family has a few as well, including my maternal grandma, who'll be 91 a week from Thursday.

Written By: wildcard on 07/31/12 at 3:31 pm

I'm going to be turning 3

Written By: Howard on 07/31/12 at 7:55 pm

I don't have too many plans for the month just yet.

Sorry about that.  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/01/12 at 1:30 am

"White Rabbit"

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/12 at 1:58 am

Brown Duck

Written By: warped on 08/01/12 at 5:00 am

Ah...another day...another sunrise....another day of going to work...another day of 80s fan & Claybricks giving each other Karma's in their PMs...another day of mega medals for the U.S. and China...another day I can't breathe coz of my allergies...another day of looking at the 16 by 20 of Snow White on my wall...

And I missed wildcard's birthday when she turned 3.

Written By: nally on 08/01/12 at 10:59 am

Sorry about that.  :(

I know; it's hard to believe it's been almost a whole year already. As you may recall (and this is for everyone who was here last year), our dog had gotten ill at such an alarming rate and there was nothing we could do. It was just so sad. :\'(

Anyways, I hope to have a good month of August this year.

Written By: wildcard on 08/01/12 at 12:35 pm

Ah...another day...another sunrise....another day of going to work...another day of 80s fan & Claybricks giving each other Karma's in their PMs...another day of mega medals for the U.S. and China...another day I can't breathe coz of my allergies...another day of looking at the 16 by 20 of Snow White on my wall...

And I missed wildcard's birthday when she turned 3.

I'm not turning 3 till the 22nd, so you're fine. 

Here I am looking at the banana boat picture on my wall with some crud stuck in my ears just turning the page.

Written By: karen on 08/01/12 at 1:12 pm

Went to the cinema to see The Lorax in 3-D.  I thought it was a pretty good film.

Then the library for James to get new books; having already read the three we got last week.  Library reading challenge here is to read 6 books over the school holiday and James will have done that by the beginning of next week.  What kind of challenge is that?  The one in CT was much better, better prizes as well!

Went to Subway to buy lunch and then sat out in the market square to eat it and watch some olympics on the big screen.  There was also some fairgrounds rides and two huge sandpits to turn it into Loughborough by the Sea.  James went on the helter-skelter and Elizabeth and I went on the carousel.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/01/12 at 6:59 pm

Brown Duck

Purple People Eater

Written By: wildcard on 08/01/12 at 10:04 pm

silver fish

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/12 at 10:37 pm

Red rum.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/01/12 at 11:17 pm

Danny isn't here, Mrs. Torrance.....

Okay, just creeped myself out.  ;D Gonna go to bed.  Night all.

Written By: nally on 08/02/12 at 11:16 am

Gonna try to work on starting my cruise album today. I have most of the supplies, including my pictures (150, to be exact), which I got printed at Costco earlier this week.

In addition, I have a few little projects around the house I could be doing...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/02/12 at 11:16 am

My blue heaven.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/12 at 11:18 am

Danny isn't here, Mrs. Torrance.....

Okay, just creeped myself out.  ;D Gonna go to bed.  Night all.

;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/02/12 at 5:47 pm

Who is Jeff Probst?

How is everyone doing?  I have been absent for far too long.  I was off work from June 22 until yesterday, and my home computer is a piece of junk so I rarely get on.  I've missed you all!  I've had kind of a crappy summer - I didn't get to go to Mexico as planned, and I've been horribly sick with Bronchitis and an ear infection.  But I'm feeling better now and happy to be back at work. 

So what did I miss while I was away?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/02/12 at 6:25 pm

Who is Jeff Probst?

How is everyone doing?  I have been absent for far too long.  I was off work from June 22 until yesterday, and my home computer is a piece of junk so I rarely get on.  I've missed you all!  I've had kind of a crappy summer - I didn't get to go to Mexico as planned, and I've been horribly sick with Bronchitis and an ear infection.  But I'm feeling better now and happy to be back at work. 

Welcome back, My Friend.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/12 at 6:35 pm

Who is Jeff Probst?

He's the host of Survivor... I don't know if i'm going to make the taping tho I've had some other, more exciting tapings come up and I can only go to LA so many times in a month before I go broke.

I MISSED YOU!!!! Sorry you've been sick and didn't get to go to Mexico. and that your summer was crappy.... I hope things are better now.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/02/12 at 6:36 pm

Any Facebookers here play SongPop?

I WILL kick your ass at it.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/12 at 6:37 pm

I haven't seen it... maybe I will give it a try laterz

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/02/12 at 6:38 pm

I haven't seen it... maybe I will give it a try laterz

It's just as addicting (yet not quite as time consuming) as Words With Friends.

Written By: wildcard on 08/02/12 at 11:49 pm

Back from my ear doctor and having dinner with my brother John.  My right ear is working it's way closer to deafness.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/12 at 5:48 am

Who is Jeff Probst?

Hey Ash long time no see.  :)

Written By: wildcard on 08/04/12 at 11:06 pm

busy singing about going to parties sometimes until 4:00, magic carpet rides, and a few others that haven't become hard or impossible from my loss.  You make a grown man cry  ooh  sorry  there's another one I can pick up the speech and music tones in the left ear.

Written By: wildcard on 08/05/12 at 1:33 pm

felt like it was time to look at my past.  I was thinking about putting the stuff concerning music over at my soundclick and believe  I have some unfinished business.  They both got stuck together, but I wanted to start thinking and typing something and thought I'd start here with my friends.  Maybe some of you can give me some advice or something about something or another.

When I was 7 I had a brain tumor.  Later on down the road at least 2 years, something asked me if

I'd rather go blind or deaf.  I told God they both would be hard and ended up choosing the

deafness ofer the blindness.  In 2003 while going to juniour college, I became nearly deaf in my

left ear.  Some time around 2006 I was very depressed and asked God for some kind of activity to

keep me from thinking about ending my life.  Parody instantly came to my mind and I joined Am I

Right.  After I had been there for a while, someone came that was offering to record peoples

parodies for them.  I didn't want this person to be recording stuff for me nearly or all the

time.  A severely hard of hearing ear couldn't stop my love to sing.  So I recorded for a while.

At first I got 1 or two comments from people, and one from the person that couldn't believe I was

recording with a hard of hearing ear.  Then my ear went all the way deaf and I noticed everything

sounded squeakier because I'd lost all my alto and lower tones from the left ear.  What I think

hurt me the most though was not getting any comments at Sound Click nor many at Am I Right.  In

2007 I got a Coclear Implant for my left ear.  I still seemed to get parodies that went a long

time without comments and that didn't help me want to do recordings where I wasn't getting any

comments.  2012 29 years old I got tested for my brain tumor (all the wonderful stuff throughout

my life like when I was told in elementary school I just don't want to do it and that is why I

don't get my homework finished).  The type of brain tumor I had was a Medulloblastoma.  My test

shows me as being in a below average level in many areas.  Although the test doesn't say I can't

learn any more, I'm at a retarded level in my ability to store and recall information in/from my

head.  I'm told that I'm supposed to rely on my brothers to take care of me for the rest of my

life.  I suppose because God made my brain work differently that I'm absolutely helpless, there's

nothing that nobody can do about this and I ought to save people a lot of trouble and go jump off

a building.

people with Medulloblastomas are people too, not pets that need owners.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/06/12 at 3:26 am

I talked to my dad today on the phone.  I usually talk to mom, but dad called first.  He wanted my hubby to order him something from e-bay (a battery for his toy boat.)  I relayed the message to my hubby and the relayed the price to  my dad.  Dad then told me that a snake got into the house from the basement, it crawled up the steps and into the living room, and into the bird cage and ate their two finches.  My mom found the snake curled up in the bottom of the bird cage this morning!  The snake MUST have been starving to go to all that effort.  I feel bad that they killed it, but not alot else to do.  I wasn't there.  My stepdaughter isn't here to take care of the snake.  I'm not a fan of snakes, in fact, they kinda creep me out, but I really hate killing anything.  My hubby and I will rescue bugs and spiders from our house, and take them back outside.
So anyway, I was rather shocked about what happened, and I told the story in my Facebook status.  Well apparently, my aunt (mom's sister) called to see how they were doing.  Dad then called me and yelled at me and told me to take it off the computer.  So that sucked.  So I deleted it and talked about the "name that tune" game on Facebook that a few of us oozers play.  I apparently play it alot more then I thought, over 300 rounds in a week.  :o And I didn't even spend nearly as much time online as I usually do, because I've been busy offline.

Written By: snozberries on 08/06/12 at 9:03 am

^snakes creep me out too but I don't feel bad when they get killed. Less snakes make me happy. I feel sorry about the birds.  Sux you got yelled at tho not like it was anything intimate or personal on there.

I have something I want to post but am not allowed to because it's related to a cousin so it's not mine to post. But it impacts me too not as severely but enough.

I wanna play that game you mentioned but I do 90% of my posting from my phone or pad (or from work) and I'm not working a shift that's conducive to playing games right now. Maybe if I work late tonight I will be able to try it out.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/12 at 12:27 pm

^ & ^^. I totally can relate. There have been some times when I want to post something but a certain sister of mine doesn't want me to-so I don't.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 08/06/12 at 1:45 pm

Yes!  got on that stupid cancer site and got something posted.  That would be cool if a conversation gets going and some sort of rest home like solution. 

Written By: danootaandme on 08/06/12 at 7:55 pm

Came home from work, decided to take it easy.  Was doing dishes and a glass broke. Two hours and six stitches later I am tired and going to bed. :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 08/06/12 at 8:05 pm

Came home from work, decided to take it easy.  Was doing dishes and a glass broke. Two hours and six stitches later I am tired and going to bed. :-\\

Oh no....that sucks... get some rest and hopefully there's not a lot of pain tomorrow (or good drugs)

is it wrong that my second thought was 'that'll teach ya to do the dishes!'  :D 

at least I thought about your welfare first and lame jokes second... I think I might be improving!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/06/12 at 8:32 pm

That sucks Eleanor.  Take care of yourself.  Tell Sig that you need to fill your prescription of Hot Fudge Sundae stat.

Ash-  Hope you are feeling better now.  Glad to have you back amongst us lunatics.

Written By: Howard on 08/07/12 at 6:52 am

Hope you feel better.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/12 at 10:44 am

Bummer. Hope you heal quickly.

Cat

Written By: warped on 08/07/12 at 1:59 pm

I'm in the process of converting most of the slides we have (photos taken between 1961 to 1974) to disc. I don't have the proper equipment at home to do such a task, but I found a company today who'd do it for us. 

Written By: nally on 08/07/12 at 2:06 pm

I'm in the process of converting most of the slides we have (photos taken between 1961 to 1974) to disc. I don't have the proper equipment at home to do such a task, but I found a company today who'd do it for us.

We'd like to do that with some of our slides at some point. We've managed to make digital versions out of some of those. The majority of them were taken in the 1950's and 1960's, during my mom's childhood. Her father, who was a professional photographer, took hundreds of them during that time frame; all of them are safely in plastic sleeves in notebooks in a closet.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/12 at 3:06 pm

My brother has done that for us. He is the computer guru who knows how to use the equipment. He also used to develop his own pics at one time.

There is a joke going around my family that by the time I was born (the last of 6), the camera broke. So when a new (old) pic of me is found, we are all astonished.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 08/07/12 at 3:46 pm

I almost forgot that Tuesday nights from 6-9 is my art class.  I don't know if I've talked about any of it much because we haven't really been doing much, but last week I start a buckeye butterfly oil painting.  I'll show you a picture when it's done.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/12 at 4:14 pm

I almost forgot that Tuesday nights from 6-9 is my art class.  I don't know if I've talked about any of it much because we haven't really been doing much, but last week I start a buckeye butterfly oil painting.  I'll show you a picture when it's done.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/07/12 at 4:43 pm

Costco transfers slides to digital for relatively cheap. Don't know if Costco is in your part of Canada tho but I know there's one close to where Jeff lives. The photo clerk is a "friend" he processes all the 8x10s I get autographed.

I'm in LA. waiting to sit on the Red carpet for the closer finale party.  I was hoping we'd get inside but my friend misrepresented  our level of access. Should still be fun I hope.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/07/12 at 7:47 pm

I'm still at work.  I am covering the front desk for this month's school board meeting.  I would do this every month if they'd let me.  It's super relaxed and I get time and a half for it!

Written By: Howard on 08/07/12 at 8:01 pm

that's great. what's the company's name? ???

Written By: snozberries on 08/08/12 at 2:43 am

I'm still at work.  I am covering the front desk for this month's school board meeting.  I would do this every month if they'd let me.  It's super relaxed and I get time and a half for it!

Awesome!!!!

Written By: danootaandme on 08/08/12 at 2:46 am

It's super relaxed and I get time and a half for it!

:)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/08/12 at 2:49 am

is it wrong that my second thought was 'that'll teach ya to do the dishes!'  :D 

That was my first thought!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/08/12 at 2:53 am

I'm in LA. waiting to sit on the Red carpet for the closer finale party.  I was hoping we'd get inside but my friend misrepresented  our level of access. Should still be fun I hope.

Oh my god that was so amazing!!!! Better than I hoped when I first posted I'd been standing on the sidewalk for 30 mins. After another 4 hours i was quite skeptical that it was going to be the event we thought it was. Some douchebag in line behind us got cranky and started complaining. When he was done I told the girl in charge of the line what a great job she was doing. We got moved shortly after and got to watch the Closer stars arrive in the red carpet.  All the stars came into the bleachers and took pics signed autographs for us.

Kyra wasn't there and we didn't miss her

Hey Eleanor! I met your cousin  ;D she laughed when I used the Mires from Lafayette line  ;)

We watched the finale which airs next Monday.

It was FANTASTIC!!!!!

I signed a non disclosure contract and could be fined a million dollars if I told you any more than that.

Great, great day!!! I'll have pics on Tuesday!

Oh there was some great food and more schmoozing!!!

My friend Steve won a contest and hot interviewed for Hollywood Dailies on Reelz. It should be on today.

There were lots of cameras so I maybe on some of the TNT footage covering the finale party.

Written By: snozberries on 08/08/12 at 2:55 am

That was my first thought!  ;D

Glad it wasn't just me!  ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/08/12 at 3:01 am

Hey Eleanor! I met your cousin  ;D she laughed when I used the Mires from Lafayette line  ;)

GREAT!  She was probably surprised, and you are one up on me.  I have never met her.

Written By: snozberries on 08/08/12 at 3:03 am

GREAT!  She was probably surprised, and you are one up on me.  I have never met her.

She was. She said there's lots of extended family members she doesn't know out there.  And she says hi!

And she's gorgeous!!!

Written By: wildcard on 08/09/12 at 10:46 am

Yesterday morning when I was was here I noticed my eyes were sore, so I stayed off the computer and started to work on cleaning/ sorting my room.  Think I'll continue with my room today and stay offline most of the day.   

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/12 at 2:58 pm

Went to the boat today. Didn't take her out of the dock but just fished. We will be having fresh fish for dinner tonight.  :)

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/09/12 at 6:29 pm

Today my mom and I went to visit her mom - my grandma - who still lives in the Valley. (That is, the San Fernando Valley portion of Los Angeles.) It was her 91st b'day today, so we took her out for a nice lunch. The temperature was super-hot out there today; it got up to 108 degrees F. at 2pm. We wanted to bring my grandma out our direction for a few days (where it is considerably cooler), but she wanted to be home. Still, my grandma seemed to have a good time nonetheless.

Subject: Re: What are you doing in AUGUST???

Written By: nally on 08/09/12 at 6:31 pm

Went to the boat today. Didn't take her out of the dock but just fished. We will be having fresh fish for dinner tonight.  :)

Cat

that's nice... hope you enjoy the fish! :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/09/12 at 10:13 pm

Today my mom and I went to visit her mom - my grandma - who still lives in the Valley. (That is, the San Fernando Valley portion of Los Angeles.) It was her 91st b'day today, so we took her out for a nice lunch. The temperature was super-hot out there today; it got up to 108 degrees F. at 2pm. We wanted to bring my grandma out our direction for a few days (where it is considerably cooler), but she wanted to be home. Still, my grandma seemed to have a good time nonetheless.

That's nice that you got to do that today.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/12 at 11:15 pm

Cat

cool!

did you finish all that lobster already?

Written By: wildcard on 08/09/12 at 11:17 pm

I got my furnature dusted and my floor vaccumed

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/10/12 at 1:13 am

My hubby's friend owns a game store (sells Dungeon and Dragons books, dice, and all kinds of other genres of games).  It is in a section of town near two huge college campuses, but since it is summertime, his business is slow right now.  He was telling my hubby that the other day this young girl and older man with longish hair come in.  The girl starts piling stuff upon the counter.  My hubby's friend is getting a little perturbed because you know how kids are, they want everything and then are allowed to buy one thing.  The older guy comes up to the register, looks over and see this game based on zombies, goes over, picks it up, reads the back of the package and says something like "I should study up on the new technologies available."  Then puts it on top of the huge stack of other stuff on the counter.  The store owner says, "That'll be $1,100"  Expecting him to be in shock.  Imagine the store owner's shock when the guy pulls out this platinum credit card, it says "George Romero" and pays for the whole stack of stuff.  The freakin' father of zombie movies!  I'm excited and I wasn't even there.  lol 

Written By: snozberries on 08/10/12 at 1:34 am

My hubby's friend owns a game store (sells Dungeon and Dragons books, dice, and all kinds of other genres of games).  It is in a section of town near two huge college campuses, but since it is summertime, his business is slow right now.  He was telling my hubby that the other day this young girl and older man with longish hair come in.  The girl starts piling stuff upon the counter.  My hubby's friend is getting a little perturbed because you know how kids are, they want everything and then are allowed to buy one thing.  The older guy comes up to the register, looks over and see this game based on zombies, goes over, picks it up, reads the back of the package and says something like "I should study up on the new technologies available."  Then puts it on top of the huge stack of other stuff on the counter.  The store owner says, "That'll be $1,100"  Expecting him to be in shock.  Imagine the store owner's shock when the guy pulls out this platinum credit card, it says "George Romero" and pays for the whole stack of stuff.  The freakin' father of zombie movies!  I'm excited and I wasn't even there.  lol

OMG!!! PAPA! COME HOME!  LOL!!! 
That's really awesome! 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/12 at 11:00 am

cool!

did you finish all that lobster already?

Nope. Still plenty in the freezer.

Today we are going to go register the van and then plan to go back to Maine to pick it up-and of course pick up more lobsters.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/10/12 at 11:47 am

That's nice that you got to do that today.  :)
Thanks Patty.

Written By: snozberries on 08/10/12 at 1:07 pm

Today we are going to go register the van and then plan to go back to Maine to pick it up-and of course pick up more lobsters.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Awesome!

Written By: danootaandme on 08/10/12 at 5:21 pm

The store owner says, "That'll be $1,100"  Expecting him to be in shock.  Imagine the store owner's shock when the guy pulls out this platinum credit card, it says "George Romero" and pays for the whole stack of stuff.  The freakin' father of zombie movies!  I'm excited and I wasn't even there.  lol

ZOWIE!  WAY COOL!

Written By: Howard on 08/10/12 at 7:35 pm

Cat

and plenty of butter too?

Written By: danootaandme on 08/11/12 at 2:16 am

Work, Six days a week, 10 hour days.  8-P    I'm already tired and cranky a few more weeks of this and I won't be responsible.  Luckily vacation in two weeks  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/11/12 at 6:57 am

Work, Six days a week, 10 hour days.  8-P    I'm already tired and cranky a few more weeks of this and I won't be responsible.  Luckily vacation in two weeks  :)

My vacation is next week, can't wait I'm so stressed out from that company, just need some "me time". :)

Written By: snozberries on 08/11/12 at 9:34 pm

Captain got promoted to assistant chief last month. She had a celebratory BBQ at her house today.
Fortunately I didn't have to drive the Chief of Police (as originally assigned) the thought of cleaning out my car coupled with the whole Driving Miss Daisy aspect of it all was unnerving lol

Great food and good laughs. Back to the diet tomorrow.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/12/12 at 11:54 am

Spent Friday and Saturday at the pinball championships, like I do every year.  It's always fun, this year I didn't have anyone to take with me, so no one to compete against/play with.  Finally a couple people from my local pinball league stopped to talk to me, so that was nice.  I think of Q, everytime I walk past the Getaway machine and also the Six Million Dollar Man machine.  I will share photos later.
It ends today, I don't know if I will make it there today or not.
Hubby has today off, so we may hang out together.  He doesn't do pinball and doesn't really like crowds.  :(

Last night, a friend of ours who is living with his elderly mother, had their garage broken in to.  Apparently the lock on the garage was busted anyways, he just hadn't had time to fix it since his mom had been recently discharged from the hospital.  My hubby is over there this morning, helping him either put a lock on it, or fix the lock that is on it already.

The catalytic converter (well the pipe that leads to that) on our car rusted through, and so now it sounds terrible.  Hubby spent all day Thursday, wiring it up and trying to wrap some sheet metal around the pipe to quiet it.  It is hard when you don't have access to a nice garage with a pit or lift.  I think we'll have to take it to another garage after payday to get it fixed.  We got this car free from his mom last year but have spent at least $4,500 in repairs this past year.  So not worth it.  8-P

Written By: karen on 08/12/12 at 1:55 pm

We decided to go camping for the weekend.  Dai came home from work on Thursday evening and suggested we go on Friday after he finished work.  We packed his car up then.  On Friday afternoon I caught the bus across (with the kids) to the city he works in.  Then we drove up to the Peak District and pitched our tent on a farm campsite.  Minimal facilities, but that means minimal cost!

We walked from the campsite yesterday around the valley.  And today we packed up and drove to Chatsworth House to walk the grounds for a bit before driving home. 

Only downside to the whole weekend was a broken gas regulator meant no stove so no tea or coffee (or cooked breakfast)!

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/12 at 6:46 pm

Sux about the car patty.  Wish I flew I'd love going to the pinball thing with ya!!

Sounds plum a great weekend Karen. (minus the no thing)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/12/12 at 7:28 pm

Went to visit my mother today.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/12/12 at 7:37 pm

Cat

How is she doing? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/12/12 at 7:49 pm

How is she doing? ???

As well as can be expected.

Cat

Subject: Re: ....what are you doing in AUGUST???

Written By: nally on 08/13/12 at 10:38 pm

Today has been kind of a quiet Monday here. :-\\

Written By: wildcard on 08/13/12 at 10:42 pm

tomorrow I talk with my councelor at 11:00 and go to my art class at 6 pm.

Written By: Henk on 08/14/12 at 6:15 am

My car passed the annual MOT!  :) (Or rather, the Dutch equivalent called APK)

...Only cost me about $1,000 on repairs (two new tyres, partially new brakes...also had the A/C fixed) :\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 08/14/12 at 7:14 am

Ouch, Henk.  Glad it passed though.

Written By: Henk on 08/14/12 at 8:37 am

Ouch, Henk.  Glad it passed though.

Ouch, indeed. Even when you realize I mistyped... :-[ It should have read 1,000 EUR instead of $$. Even more money!

Written By: snozberries on 08/14/12 at 8:43 am

Had another great night in LA.

Husbands is an online series about an actor and baseball star who wake up married after a wild night in Vegas.
Both are gay, one openly, one recently outed. It's created by one of the actors and Jane-the-second-best-writer-on-Buffy-Espenson

Met the cast, Jane, the director who worked on Will & Grace (he called me beautiful  :) ), an actress from Caprica (she called me Too Qute!  ;D ) & amber benson (Tara on Buffy  8) )

Written By: nally on 08/14/12 at 10:41 am

So, right now I would normally be at Contacts N Coffee, but this morning I did not go, mainly due to the fact that the couple that runs the group is on vacation this week, so they can't check us in. I would assume it's going on anyway, but with someone else running it... but I didn't wanna go down there and find out that it was cancelled or anything. So today I'm sitting it out. Next week I will return.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/14/12 at 5:30 pm

Ouch, indeed. Even when you realize I mistyped... :-[ It should have read 1,000 EUR instead of $$. Even more money!

I figured it was EUR. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/14/12 at 6:11 pm

Going to pick up our new toy tomorrow.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/14/12 at 6:29 pm

Going to pick up our new toy tomorrow.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

YAY

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/14/12 at 6:34 pm

YAY

It's going to be a LONG day. Our friend is going to pick us up at 6 a.m.  :o :o :o :o  I'm sure most people around here know that we usually don't get out of bed until after 9. Then it is a 7 hour drive. From that point, he will be driving back alone & we will have our NEW TOY!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  We are going to try to get home tomorrow. We might stumble in around 9 or 10 tomorrow night.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/14/12 at 8:01 pm

So, right now I would normally be at Contacts N Coffee, but this morning I did not go, mainly due to the fact that the couple that runs the group is on vacation this week, so they can't check us in. I would assume it's going on anyway, but with someone else running it... but I didn't wanna go down there and find out that it was cancelled or anything. So today I'm sitting it out. Next week I will return.

Is that a coffee shop?  ???

Written By: nally on 08/14/12 at 10:38 pm

Is that a coffee shop?  ???

No, it's not at a coffee shop. On Tuesdays it is held at Oxnard in the banquet room of at a restaurant called The Kitchen. Contacts N Coffee is a networking group that I joined at the end of May. I have been networking with other people in hoping to find some sort of employment.

Written By: karen on 08/15/12 at 8:00 am

Elizabeth and James are attending 'Show in a Week' at the local theatre this week.  They are working on Grease.  James is playing Doody (a T Bird) and Elizabeth is Teen Angel (Beauty School Dropout singer).  plus they are in the chorus line for all songs.  Dai and I are going to see the show on Friday afternoon.

I got my hair cut this morning.  Finally a hairdresser who understood what I wanted!

Written By: snozberries on 08/15/12 at 8:40 am

Elizabeth and James are attending 'Show in a Week' at the local theatre this week.  They are working on Grease.  James is playing Doody (a T Bird) and Elizabeth is Teen Angel (Beauty School Dropout singer).  plus they are in the chorus line for all songs.  Dai and I are going to see the show on Friday afternoon.

I got my hair cut this morning.  Finally a hairdresser who understood what I wanted!

That sounds fun. Congrats on finding a good hair dresser

Written By: danootaandme on 08/16/12 at 3:37 am

Worth her weight in gold!

Written By: danootaandme on 08/16/12 at 3:47 am

Conversations at work....reasons why I have to get out of construction before I smack someone silly:

"My wife asked me to help her with dishes and stuff. I asked her if she isn't gonna do that what do I need her for?  I know how to wash dishes and cook, my mother taught me, and if she isn't gonna do it for me really what do I need her for?  I mow the lawn, she doesn't mow the lawn, if I do the dishes she should mow the lawn.  I told her when I come home I am the ruler, I RULE." 

To clarify....He is still mad and can't understand why she walked out on him.  ::)

Another one:

"I get direct deposit, but a lot of guys don't.  They started with it, but after the first time there wives saw the bank deposit and found out what kinda money they were making.  Before that they would cash the check then just give her cash, holding back what they wanted, so they dropped the direct deposit."

Written By: warped on 08/16/12 at 4:45 am

Conversations at work....reasons why I have to get out of construction before I smack someone silly:

"My wife asked me to help her with dishes and stuff. I asked her if she isn't gonna do that what do I need her for?  I know how to wash dishes and cook, my mother taught me, and if she isn't gonna do it for me really what do I need her for?  I mow the lawn, she doesn't mow the lawn, if I do the dishes she should mow the lawn.  I told her when I come home I am the ruler, I RULE." 

To clarify....He is still mad and can't understand why she walked out on him.  ::)

His potential next wife  ::)

http://failposter.com/upload/3839-4882/sexist-dishwasher-joke.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 08/16/12 at 4:50 am

LOL!!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/16/12 at 7:10 am

LOL!  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 08/16/12 at 7:23 am

Another one:

"I get direct deposit, but a lot of guys don't.  They started with it, but after the first time there wives saw the bank deposit and found out what kinda money they were making.  Before that they would cash the check then just give her cash, holding back what they wanted, so they dropped the direct deposit."

Sounds like some of the guys you work with haven't left the cave yet.  wow

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/16/12 at 10:25 am

Another one:

Oh man. When I was married to my first husband, I worked just as long as he did, made the same amount of $$$ but yet he expected me to do the housework, too. He kept telling me, "I'm the man! I'm the man!" One day I asked him, "Why he kept telling me that. Are you afraid that I was going to forget?" He never said it again. But, after getting tired of his antics, I went on strike. I didn't do the dishes, I didn't clean, I didn't vacuum, and more importantly, I didn't clean up after HIS mess! I finally had enough and left him!

Cat

Subject: Re: ...what are you doing in AUGUST???

Written By: nally on 08/16/12 at 11:24 am

So this morning I was supposed to have an interview at another temp agency, but yesterday I got a call from them, asking me what types of work I'm looking for. Turns out, they didn't have my desired types of work available at the moment; mostly "executive-type positions", as they put it. This is not good because I am looking for something entry-level. But the person I spoke to on the phone did say that they'd keep my application on file for future reference. So I'm not gonna be going there. Otherwise I would be leaving the house by now.

Written By: Howard on 08/16/12 at 2:43 pm

So this morning I was supposed to have an interview at another temp agency, but yesterday I got a call from them, asking me what types of work I'm looking for. Turns out, they didn't have my desired types of work available at the moment; mostly "executive-type positions", as they put it. This is not good because I am looking for something entry-level. But the person I spoke to on the phone did say that they'd keep my application on file for future reference. So I'm not gonna be going there. Otherwise I would be leaving the house by now.

keep on trying sure something will pop up.

Written By: karen on 08/16/12 at 3:16 pm

Maybe you need to broaden the type of work you are looking for.  I know you'd like to do data entry but realistically you've been looking for a while and maybe the jobs just aren't out there.  What other businesses are in your local area?  Receptionist, telesales, filing clerk, stock clerk?  Employers would appreciate that type of intiative.  More than once I been told that if two candidates for a position were equal on everything an employer would choose someone currently working rather than the unemployed person, even if they are not working in the same field.  It shows that that person has 'get up and go' attitude rather than 'can't be arsed'

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/16/12 at 4:48 pm

Maybe you need to broaden the type of work you are looking for.  I know you'd like to do data entry but realistically you've been looking for a while and maybe the jobs just aren't out there.  What other businesses are in your local area?  Receptionist, telesales, filing clerk, stock clerk?  Employers would appreciate that type of intiative.  More than once I been told that if two candidates for a position were equal on everything an employer would choose someone currently working rather than the unemployed person, even if they are not working in the same field.  It shows that that person has 'get up and go' attitude rather than 'can't be arsed'

Karen is SOOO right.  Not only that, you will gain valuable experience in other areas that could really pad your resume.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/16/12 at 5:22 pm

Just gave my cat a flea treatment earlier.

He was sitting on the couch armrest afterward. After I went in the bathroom for a moment, he was gone.

He went off to hide due to the fleas panicking on him.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/16/12 at 5:46 pm

Just gave my cat a flea treatment earlier.

He was sitting on the couch armrest afterward. After I went in the bathroom for a moment, he was gone.

He went off to hide due to the fleas panicking on him.

How do you give a flea treatment?

Does it hurt?

Written By: nally on 08/16/12 at 5:50 pm

Karen is SOOO right.  Not only that, you will gain valuable experience in other areas that could really pad your resume.

Which I am certainly open to doing.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/17/12 at 1:05 am

How do you give a flea treatment?

Does it hurt?

I would ask the fleas, but they're dead.

My cat is also a bit on the defensive at the moment, due to putting the treatment on his upper back.

Written By: karen on 08/17/12 at 3:02 pm

I would ask the fleas, but they're dead.

My cat is also a bit on the defensive at the moment, due to putting the treatment on his upper back.

The vet once treated Roger our cat for fleas with an aerosol treatment.  After that the cat jumped a mile whenever he heard a spray near him, such as deodorant or furniture polish!

Written By: karen on 08/17/12 at 3:03 pm

Which I am certainly open to doing.

So what will you be doing about it?

Written By: karen on 08/17/12 at 3:22 pm

Elizabeth and James did a great job in the show today.  In fact all the kids did.  It was no mean feat to put on the show in a week.  Obviously it wasn't the whole of Grease, just selected extracts but it was still fab.

And we spent this evening packing their kit for Scout camp.  They are both off tomorrow for a week's camp in Essex.

Written By: nally on 08/17/12 at 10:39 pm

So what will you be doing about it?

Applying to other positions.

Written By: nally on 08/17/12 at 10:40 pm

Elizabeth and James did a great job in the show today.  In fact all the kids did.  It was no mean feat to put on the show in a week.  Obviously it wasn't the whole of Grease, just selected extracts but it was still fab.

And we spent this evening packing their kit for Scout camp.  They are both off tomorrow for a week's camp in Essex.

Glad to hear they did well.  Hope they have a good time at camp.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/18/12 at 2:41 am

First Saturday off in 3 weeks. Knowing I didn't have to get up in the morning I went out last night had dinner and had my eyebrows done, today I will have time for a haircut if I can find a walk-in spot on a Saturday.  Two whole days without construction grease, oil, and dust.  Life is good!  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/18/12 at 7:20 am

Today is my last day and I go on my week vacation and I'm coming back on the 26th.
just taking a stay-cation. :)

Written By: nally on 08/18/12 at 12:51 pm

Today is my last day and I go on my week vacation and I'm coming back on the 26th.

That's good. Hope you can have some good rest and relaxation.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/18/12 at 3:27 pm

Staycations are the best, vacations can be so exhausting.  ;)

Written By: nally on 08/18/12 at 5:12 pm

They sure are; most of the time that's all I can afford to do.

Written By: snozberries on 08/18/12 at 6:23 pm

I always wind up wishing I could have a stay cation once I come back from vacation. Two weeks to recoup sounds about right.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/18/12 at 6:27 pm

So I did a "mock walk" of the Avon walk for breast cancer I'm doing next month. It was 10 miles. I did it in 3.5 hours. At that rate I'd do 26 miles in 10 hrs. I was exhausted. All I could think when I finished that if it were the real thing I'd have still have to do another 10 miles and then more than half of that before I saw the finish line. Then I'd have to get up the next dat and do it all again. At this rate I hope I can 13 miles both days. I think that's all the endurance I will have. I only have a month left  :o

It seemed so far away now it's do soon.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/18/12 at 7:26 pm

The shelf on my desk that holds my keyboard and mouse just fell!  :o :o :o I have no idea what happened and I really don't feel like messing with it right now. I just pushed my monitor back and brought the keyboard & mouse up. But I have so much crap on the desk that there isn't enough room. I'll figure it out another time. Don't know if I will have a chance tomorrow because we have a birthday party to go to tomorrow.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/18/12 at 7:56 pm

That's good. Hope you can have some good rest and relaxation.

Whenever I'm there I'm always jumpy,nervous and anxious but when I'm at home I feel more at ease.

Written By: Howard on 08/18/12 at 7:58 pm

just stay at home,feed your face, raid the refrigerator and be on the computer all day.

Written By: nally on 08/19/12 at 12:10 pm

Whenever I'm there I'm always jumpy,nervous and anxious but when I'm at home I feel more at ease.

That's good. Yeah, sometimes the same pertains to me when I just stay @ home and not go anywhere.

However, taking a cruise this past spring was a much-needed change of scenery for me.

Written By: Howard on 08/19/12 at 1:17 pm

That's good. Yeah, sometimes the same pertains to me when I just stay @ home and not go anywhere.

However, taking a cruise this past spring was a much-needed change of scenery for me.

I guess it's that rush environment over there that makes me feel nervous.

Written By: nally on 08/19/12 at 3:39 pm

I guess it's that rush environment over there that makes me feel nervous.

Some places are like that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/12 at 5:00 pm

Went to Granddaughter #1's 9th birthday party (actually birthday was last week). I am SOOOOOO tired. Didn't sleep well last night and after all the traveling in the past week. Tomorrow, I'm taking it a bit easy and hopefully get some energy up.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 08/19/12 at 5:27 pm

I went to church with my parents  then we went to Bed Bath and Beyond then we went to Target then I went to the bathroom then I ended up here.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/20/12 at 12:16 am

I'm sick of the undead bumming around the streets trying to cadge cigarettes, bubble gum, and bus fair If I incinarate them, wil they go away an leave us a alone?  I mean, these undead hippies gie me guit trips about powdered donuts, orange soda, hot dogs, chick 'n and biscuits, and steak sandwiches.  The stink of the place cooking up couldrons of weeds and making grime sandwiches.  We're all pretty sick of them.  I though we coulod just run  them out of town,but that would mean burning them with kerosene and siccing rottweilers on them, but the problem is my parents like the little buggars!
>:(

Written By: danootaandme on 08/20/12 at 3:17 am

Another week of work then vacation  :) . We aren't going to Virginia Beach this year and are missing it already :(  .  We are going to Gettysburg, then D.C.  :)  .  I am hoping that by the time I get back the job I am on is finished because I really am sick of it 8-P

Written By: karen on 08/20/12 at 3:39 am

So I did a "mock walk" of the Avon walk for breast cancer I'm doing next month. It was 10 miles. I did it in 3.5 hours. At that rate I'd do 26 miles in 10 hrs. I was exhausted. All I could think when I finished that if it were the real thing I'd have still have to do another 10 miles and then more than half of that before I saw the finish line. Then I'd have to get up the next dat and do it all again. At this rate I hope I can 13 miles both days. I think that's all the endurance I will have. I only have a month left  :o

It seemed so far away now it's do soon.

10 miles in 3.5 hours sounds a good time to me.  Great job Q

Written By: Howard on 08/20/12 at 7:52 am

I'm sick of the undead bumming around the streets trying to cadge cigarettes, bubble gum, and bus fair If I incinarate them, wil they go away an leave us a alone?  I mean, these undead hippies gie me guit trips about powdered donuts, orange soda, hot dogs, chick 'n and biscuits, and steak sandwiches.  The stink of the place cooking up couldrons of weeds and making grime sandwiches.  We're all pretty sick of them.  I though we coulod just run  them out of town,but that would mean burning them with kerosene and siccing rottweilers on them, but the problem is my parents like the little buggars!

You mean the bums that hang around the streets?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/12 at 8:28 am

Another week of work then vacation  :) . We aren't going to Virginia Beach this year and are missing it already :(  .  We are going to Gettysburg, then D.C.  :)  .  I am hoping that by the time I get back the job I am on is finished because I really am sick of it 8-P

That sounds like a nice break and a good change.

Hope you get your wish!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/12 at 8:34 am

10 miles in 3.5 hours sounds a good time to me.  Great job Q

Thanks Karen!!!  The ladies who let me join them were good sports. I know I slowed them down. We were last  :-\\

The Avon people expected us to be done by 11 (30 mins earlier) I do a 19/20 min mile - they want me to do a 17 min mile.  Yeah- I'm not there yet... But I showed up & I finished!

And thanks for responding. Aside from Danoot responding to my closer finale post I've sort of felt invisible the last two weeks  :\'(    ....not that I'm needy but being ignored is no fun  :(

Written By: Henk on 08/20/12 at 8:38 am

Thanks Karen!!!  The ladies who let me join them were good sports. I know I slowed them down. We were last  :-\\

The Avon people expected us to be done by 11 (30 mins earlier) I do a 19/20 min mile - they want me to do a 17 min mile.  Yeah- I'm not there yet... But I showed up & I finished!

And thanks for responding. Aside from Danoot responding to my closer finale post I've sort of felt invisible the last two weeks  :\'(    ....not that I'm needy but being ignored is no fun  :(

I know the feeling... ;)

I wasn't ignoring you - well, not on purpose anyway. It's just that I got all exhausted just reading your posts. ;D :D ;)

But seriously... I admire your perseverence. :) I hope you achieve your goal.

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/12 at 8:46 am

I know the feeling... ;)

I wasn't ignoring you - well, not on purpose anyway. It's just that I got all exhausted just reading your posts. ;D :D ;)

But seriously... I admire your perseverence. :) I hope you achieve your goal.

Thanks Henk  ;D

Believe me- I get exhausted doing everything I do.

I was thinking about just starting a Q does La thread to keep all that fun stuff in one cohesive place  :D
That way if no one wants to read it they don't have to go into the thread but the people who are interested (of for no other reason than it's the only joy I have in my life) can still follow my adventures  ;)

Written By: Henk on 08/20/12 at 8:59 am

Thanks Henk  ;D

Believe me- I get exhausted doing everything I do.

I was thinking about just starting a Q does La thread to keep all that fun stuff in one cohesive place  :D
That way if no one wants to read it they don't have to go into the thread but the people who are interested (of for no other reason than it's the only joy I have in my life) can still follow my adventures  ;)

Q Does LA..?

...Let's not encourage Howard too much!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/12 at 9:39 am

Q Does LA..?

at least I'd be assured one person ventured into the thread  ;D

Written By: wildcard on 08/20/12 at 10:28 am

I get to do my laundry today!  isn't that exiting!

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/12 at 10:31 am

I get to do my laundry today!  isn't that exiting!

I'd love doing laundry....if I could do it in the comfort of my own home.  I hate going to the laundry mat tho. That's how I spent my Friday.  >:(

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/20/12 at 10:34 am

I'd love doing laundry....if I could do it in the comfort of my own home.  I hate going to the laundry mat tho. That's how I spent my Friday.  >:(

The only good thing about going to the laundry mat is that you can get it all done in one fail swoop, instead of changing loads every hour at home. 

Written By: wildcard on 08/20/12 at 10:38 am

I do three loads at home which take all day, unless I forget washing everything and just do two  of them

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/20/12 at 10:45 am

You DID kick my ass!  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/12 at 10:50 am

The only good thing about going to the laundry mat is that you can get it all done in one fail swoop, instead of changing loads every hour at home.

yeah but all of the screaming kids make it not fast enough no matter how many loads you can do at once.  ;)

Written By: wildcard on 08/20/12 at 10:54 am

yeah but all of the screaming kids make it not fast enough no matter how many loads you can do at once.  ;)

you ever plug your ears and look at them or try to do anything that might make them laugh instead?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/20/12 at 11:03 am

I haven't been ignoring you, My Friend. I have just been so exhausted that I haven't made many posts in the past week.

You can always come and do mine.  ;D ;D ;D  I haven't had a chance to do laundry in the last few weeks so I, too am doing laundry today. I usually do it on Sundays but the past several Sundays we have been out of town. So, I'm doing only ONE load today and maybe tomorrow I will do another. Don't know how many loads I need to do.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/12 at 11:27 am

You DID kick my ass!  ;)

PLAY ME!!! I'M ADDICTED!!! But I'm at work right now so I can't play til tonight! But play me anyway!!!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/12 at 11:29 am

I haven't been ignoring you, My Friend. I have just been so exhausted that I haven't made many posts in the past week.

No worries... I know you've been dealing with a lot!

You can always come and do mine.  ;D ;D ;D  I haven't had a chance to do laundry in the last few weeks so I, too am doing laundry today. I usually do it on Sundays but the past several Sundays we have been out of town. So, I'm doing only ONE load today and maybe tomorrow I will do another. Don't know how many loads I need to do.

Cat

no thanks!  8-P 

add other people's dirty clothes to my feet, cheese, frog, mice list.... I detest touching other peoples dirty laundry...hell I will use a clean towel or sheet to grab my parents clean clothes out of the dryer!  :D   

Written By: seamermar on 08/20/12 at 11:59 am

Now that  August is nearly over I show me up among you my penguin lovers  :-*

Just to say hello and I missed plenty of you a lot.  This silly weary sight got my eyes in stand-by and my nerves away, cause it has been a hell follow the screen as letters had a dancing spree.

Now I can't stand a minute more without posting on these boards, so here I am a zombie in a corner of this bar.

It's been hottest than hell as you use to tell when the mercury bar turns to red. Since long we hadn't had a weather so scorching for so long, plenty of forest has gone, become ashes in a blow.  People gather along the shore, as jobs get scarce and worse paid than never before.....

Yes dear Snozz, it seems in August plenty of zombies has no choice than walking into a bar or lying on beach as  World Economy is out of their reach.

Oh what a sheet !!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/20/12 at 12:15 pm

As long as they're not attacking us and trying to eat our brains then I don't have a big problem with undead hippies.

Otherwise, we've all seen enough zombie movies to know that if they DO start attacking us, then only a well-placed headshot will take them out.  :o.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/20/12 at 12:19 pm

Just to say hello and I missed plenty of you a lot.  This silly weary sight got my eyes in stand-by and my nerves away, cause it has been a hell follow the screen as letters had a dancing spree.

Now I can't stand a minute more without posting on these boards, so here I am a zombie in a corner of this bar.

It's been hottest than hell as you use to tell when the mercury bar turns to red. Since long we hadn't had a weather so scorching for so long, plenty of forest has gone, become ashes in a blow.  People gather along the shore, as jobs get scarce and worse paid than never before.....

Yes dear Snozz, it seems in August plenty of zombies has no choice than walking into a bar or lying on beach as  World Economy is out of their reach.

Oh what a sheet !!

Welcome back, Paco. I was wondering what happened to you but I figured you were off sailing the Seven Seas.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/20/12 at 1:53 pm

Oh what a sheet !!

Welcome back, Paco. I was wondering what happened to you but I figured you were off sailing the Seven Seas.

Cat

I was wondering as well. Welcome back again, Paco!

Written By: Howard on 08/20/12 at 2:35 pm

Q Does LA..?

Don't worry about it, I'll keep my mind out of the gutter this time.

Written By: Howard on 08/20/12 at 2:36 pm

How much does it cost to use the washer?

Written By: Howard on 08/20/12 at 2:39 pm

Oh what a sheet !!

Hey Paco long time no see. How the seas coming along?  :)

Written By: wildcard on 08/20/12 at 5:20 pm

Another one of my aunts just passed away.  The service is on the 23rd

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/20/12 at 5:23 pm

I am so sorry. My condolences to you & your family.

(((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 08/20/12 at 7:23 pm

I am so sorry. My condolences to you & your family.

(((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

thanks 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/20/12 at 7:26 pm

So sorry for your loss Ann

Written By: wildcard on 08/20/12 at 7:41 pm

It was her time to go though.  I was a little kid when we you to visit her.  I only remember her and my parents discussing grown up stuff.

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/12 at 8:59 pm

How much does it cost to use the washer?

I use the largest one (it does 3 loads) it cost 18 Quarters. $4.50. Then another 75 cents for the dryer.

I washed 3 large loads at 13.50 and split it into 5 dryers.  $3.75. That was $17.25 plus gas to drive 15 miles to the laundry mat.

Written By: snozberries on 08/20/12 at 9:02 pm

Sorry to hear that ann

Written By: wildcard on 08/20/12 at 9:10 pm

Sorry to hear that ann

I'm sorry she had to go, but like I said it was her time.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/20/12 at 9:58 pm

So sorry for your loss, Ann. {{{hugs}}}

Written By: wildcard on 08/20/12 at 11:00 pm

So sorry for your loss, Ann. {{{hugs}}}        quote from dag

thanks

Written By: karen on 08/21/12 at 2:16 am

I thought it was a walk?  :-\\ Hillwalkers calculate to walk 20 minute miles on the flat.

Written By: karen on 08/21/12 at 2:19 am

Sorry for your loss Ann.  Even if you feel it was her time to go there will be a sadness there

Written By: danootaandme on 08/21/12 at 3:00 am

{{{ :-*}}}

Written By: snozberries on 08/21/12 at 5:27 am

I thought it was a walk?  :-\\ Hillwalkers calculate to walk 20 minute miles on the flat.

That makes me feel better. The 5 women I walked with said they were doing 20 min miles seemed 90% of the other participants -there were abt 100 of us- finished well before we got back. I didn't stick around to see if there were stragglers behind us. I'm not sure how many took the shortcut. All I know is a couple months ago when I did the six mile training day I was at a 22min mile and my rep said they like to see a 17 min mile. I can do an 18/19 min mile but can't sustain that pace. I have more endurance at 19/20 min mile but was killing my self to maintain that. I would've been much happier to do the thing at 22-30min miles.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/21/12 at 7:30 am

so sorry Ann.  :\'(

Written By: wildcard on 08/21/12 at 11:05 am

so sorry Ann.  :\'(

it happens

I couldn't start my computer this morning and my brother Joel had to put a program called peppermint in.  Think that would be the operating system that got changed.

Written By: nally on 08/21/12 at 12:04 pm

so sorry to hear that, Ann. :\'(

What are the odds of your aunt and my grandma dying on the same day? Because that is what happened last night. More details in the TTT thread when I get there.

Written By: karen on 08/21/12 at 1:44 pm

sorry to hear that Jeff

Written By: nally on 08/21/12 at 6:50 pm

sorry to hear that Jeff

Thanks. As for memorial service, the day for that is yet to be determined.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/21/12 at 6:53 pm

My condolences, Jeff

Written By: danootaandme on 08/23/12 at 2:18 am

What are the odds of your aunt and my grandma dying on the same day? Because that is what happened last night. More details in the TTT thread when I get there.

oh no..... :(

Written By: Dagwood on 08/23/12 at 7:16 am

so sorry to hear that, Ann. :\'(

Oh my goodness, Jeff, I missed this one.  I am so sorry. :(

Written By: nally on 08/23/12 at 10:53 am

Oh my goodness, Jeff, I missed this one.  I am so sorry. :(

It's okay, Dagny. I think you might've seen my post in the "When Parents & Family Are Failing" thread in TTT.

oh no..... :(

I know. I even mentioned this to my bible study group last night, and they said they'd pray for me. :)

Written By: karen on 08/23/12 at 4:24 pm

not a lot happening this week really.  Both Elizabeth and James are at Scout camp till Saturday.  Had a couple of messages from ELizabeth, they are all having fun.

Have done more housework than usual, well it gives me something to do during the day instead of raiding the biscuit tin!!

Written By: wildcard on 08/23/12 at 7:03 pm

back from the service and those plants came while no one was home, so Ill have to go to the post office some time soon too get them.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/23/12 at 7:11 pm

I came here to post how I taught my wife to make refrigerator pickles but reading the sad news on last few pages
makes that point rather trivial. Ann, Jeff, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I only wish that there was more I
could say or do, but know I will keep you both in my thoughts.

Written By: snozberries on 08/24/12 at 2:54 am

I came here to post how I taught my wife to make refrigerator pickles but reading the sad news on last few pages
makes that point rather trivial. Ann, Jeff, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I only wish that there was more I

Trivial or not....what are refrigerator pickles???

Written By: snozberries on 08/24/12 at 2:55 am

Hung with the cast of Y&R last night.... I was hoping some AMC or GH actors would be there...no luck.
I don't watch Y&R but I had a good time anyway.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/24/12 at 4:09 am

Work today, then tomorrow off of vacation.  We are going to Gettysburg and D.C.  Taking the laptop so I won't be on radio silence this time.  :)

Written By: Henk on 08/24/12 at 5:15 am

Work today, then tomorrow off of vacation.  We are going to Gettysburg and D.C.  Taking the laptop so I won't be on radio silence this time.  :)

Have fun & keep us posted! :) (We want proof! ;))

Today's my SIL's birthday, and she'll be throwing a little party tonight. Nothing much, just us (i.e. her in-laws). Always fun, though.
Tomorrow's my nephew's birthday (15 already...). Party on Sunday, because they're only today returning from their holiday/vacation.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/12 at 7:28 am

have fun and enjoy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/24/12 at 9:20 am

Beautiful day so we will be off to the boat. We have decided not to do an overnighter-but a day sail and maybe some fishing.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/24/12 at 10:01 am

Thanks Kevin; it has especially been hard for my dad and his two brothers, losing their mom.

Written By: snozberries on 08/24/12 at 11:16 am

Today's my SIL's birthday, and she'll be throwing a little party tonight. Nothing much, just us (i.e. her in-laws). Always fun, though.
Tomorrow's my nephew's birthday (15 already...). Party on Sunday, because they're only today returning from their holiday/vacation.

Beautiful day so we will be off to the boat. We have decided not to do an overnighter-but a day sail and maybe some fishing.

Cat

Have fun!

Written By: loki 13 on 08/24/12 at 2:53 pm

Trivial or not....what are refrigerator pickles???

It is a simple process of turning cucumbers into dill pickles without canning. They don't have shelf life like
pickles made by a canning method but they are real easy to make and taste just like deli pickles.

Written By: snozberries on 08/24/12 at 4:53 pm

It is a simple process of turning cucumbers into dill pickles without canning. They don't have shelf life like
pickles made by a canning method but they are real easy to make and taste just like deli pickles.

interesting

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/24/12 at 5:03 pm

I just noticed that today would have been Isabelle's birthday.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/24/12 at 5:12 pm

Cat

aw  :\'(

Written By: seamermar on 08/24/12 at 5:23 pm

As long as I have read she would have been a perfect foil for me along the threads. A lovely kind girl concerned to minorities but whose mind knew no limits, sorry for her loss.

( now I'm left as the only Hispanic, I guess )

Written By: seamermar on 08/24/12 at 5:27 pm

Cat

I think this remembering of birthday shouldn't work anymore, it's rather sad since she left us long ago  :-[

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/24/12 at 5:48 pm

As long as I have read she would have been a perfect foil for me along the threads. A lovely kind girl concerned to minorities but whose mind knew no limits, sorry for her loss.

( now I'm left as the only Hispanic, I guess )

Carlos is Hispanic.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/24/12 at 6:04 pm

I think this remembering of birthday shouldn't work anymore, it's rather sad since she left us long ago  :-[

They left her membership active - I think it's sweet gives us a chance to remember her every once in a while.

I hope when I go you guys start a thread for me every year... since I love my birthday so much and all ...  :D

Written By: danootaandme on 08/24/12 at 7:46 pm

Sig does it all the time.

Written By: wildcard on 08/24/12 at 10:37 pm

I picked up my plants at the post office this morning.  They were still a little damp when I opened them. Tomorrow morning  I'm going to be doing a little garden work.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/25/12 at 4:24 am

Cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj3vXkhqszE

Written By: Howard on 08/25/12 at 7:18 am

Loki what about adding the vinegar that gives the pickles the sour taste? ???

Written By: Howard on 08/25/12 at 7:19 am

Cat

so sad.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 08/25/12 at 7:20 am

They left her membership active - I think it's sweet gives us a chance to remember her every once in a while.

I hope when I go you guys start a thread for me every year... since I love my birthday so much and all ...  :D

I'm sure we'll do.

Written By: Howard on 08/25/12 at 7:26 am

just taking a stay-cation.

And now it is the final end of my stay-cation, tomorrow or Monday I return to work. I did loads of relaxation, spent time at the computer, watched some television and had some quiet time to myself. time to get back to the old grind.

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/12 at 11:01 am

Loki what about adding the vinegar that gives the pickles the sour taste? ???

He didn't give us the recipe so he may already do that.
Or maybe his process doesn't need vinegar.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/25/12 at 12:10 pm

He didn't give us the recipe so he may already do that.
Or maybe his process doesn't need vinegar.

Vinegar is in the brine as well as Kosher salt.

This is how I make them:

For the brine:
In a non-reactive pot bring water to boil, let stand until it reaches room temperature then
add 3/4 cups of vingar and 4 tbsp of Kosher Salt per quart of water.

The spice, amounts can vary as to taste.

1 tbsp of pickling spice, I buy it in the spice section of the supermarket
1 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
I use 3-4 flower heads of fresh dill from my garden, if you buy it I'd say about 1/4 cup of dillweed

Put the above spices into a jar. add cucumbers, spears or chips then pour brine into jar. Add a little more dill
on top close the jar and let sit at room temperature four a couple of hours. Then put them into the refrigerator.

Most web sites give different methods and they also say to wait a week before the pickles are ready but with
this method I am eating better than deli pickles inside of 24 hours.

Written By: Howard on 08/25/12 at 1:18 pm

This is how I make them:

For the brine:
Bring water to boil, let stand until it reaches room temperature then add 3/4 cups of vingar and 4 tbsp of Kosher Salt
per quart of water.

I use 3-4 flower heads of fresh dill from my garden, if you buy it I'd say about 1/4 cup of dillweed

Put the above spices into a jar. add cucumbers, spears or chips then pour brine into jar. Add a little more dill
on top close the jar and let sit at room temperature four a couple of hours. Then put them into the refrigerator.

Most web sites give different methods and they also say to wait a week before the pickles are ready but with

Thanks Loki maybe one day I might decide to make my own pickles.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/25/12 at 2:21 pm

Thanks Loki maybe one day I might decide to make my own pickles.

I forgot to mention to use a non-reactive pot to boil the water. Stainless steel, aluminum and
iron pots are reactive with vinegar. Use heat resistant glassware or coated pots to boil the water.

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/12 at 4:14 pm

This is how I make them:

For the brine:
In a non-reactive pot bring water to boil, let stand until it reaches room temperature then

I forgot to mention to use a non-reactive pot to boil the water. Stainless steel, aluminum and
iron pots are reactive with vinegar. Use heat resistant glassware or coated pots to boil the water.

Thanks Loki....I'm'a continue to buy my pickles in the store  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 08/25/12 at 4:59 pm

That's how I thought in previous years but I grow cucumbers and when you have an over abundance of
cucumbers you have to figure out something to do with them. The neighbors couldn't take anymore so
pickles are a quick easy way to lessen the surplus cucumber population.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/25/12 at 5:29 pm

I'll watch many hours of t.v. in your honor.  It'll be a struggle, but I'll manage.  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/12 at 6:46 pm

I'll watch many hours of t.v. in your honor.  It'll be a struggle, but I'll manage.  :P

And don't forget the crack.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/12 at 7:36 pm

and everytime you watch Degrassi you have to say Q would totally enjoy this if she were here right now!  ;D

thanks!  8)

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/12 at 7:37 pm

Cat

O0

Written By: warped on 08/25/12 at 7:48 pm

Cat

http://www.ripleypatton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Snow-white-with-freaky-eyes.gif

Crack makes me do this! 

Written By: danootaandme on 08/25/12 at 9:47 pm

This is how I make them:

For the brine:

Sig just cuts up cucumbers and puts them in the jar of pickle juice after the pickles are all eaten, lets them sit a few weeks in the fridge.  Milder taste but still good.

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/12 at 10:17 pm

Sig just cuts up cucumbers and puts them in the jar of pickle juice after the pickles are all eaten, lets them sit a few weeks in the fridge.  Milder taste but still good.

sounds like a lot less work!!! think it'd work if ya used sweet pickle juice? I really prefer sweet pickles to dill.  ;D

Written By: wildcard on 08/25/12 at 11:59 pm

my mom told me that you cant plan a garden based on the amount of sunlight.  Then she said It changes each month.  So after telling me how wrong I am she tells me gardening is not her thing.  I can tell my mom made an idiot out of herself.  I should just give up my garden space and let her waste 100's of dollars on plants that will die each year because she's just so d-- much smarter then me.

I haven't bought a whole lot of plants because I've been watching the sun.  Full sun plants need 6 hours, but wouldn't mind a little more.  Part sun plants might take as little as 3 hours.  Nothing takes 9 or more hours.  My whole garden gets no sun in winter, so I'd either have to cut the plants I get down when the sun goes, or just get annuals.  I think seeding annuals is the best option.

I have other plants in pots at the side of the hose.

Written By: wildcard on 08/26/12 at 11:39 am

okay now my mom tells me she meant this when she said this and it's and it was all a misunderstanding.  So then I asked her why she told me I was doing it wrong?  I'm glad she left for church.  Keeps me from ringing her neck.

Written By: snozberries on 08/26/12 at 1:09 pm

okay now my mom tells me she meant this when she said this and it's and it was all a misunderstanding.  So then I asked her why she told me I was doing it wrong?  I'm glad she left for church.  Keeps me from ringing her neck.

I've said it before and I'll say it one more time.

From the passive observer it seems most of your issues with your mother stem from miscommunication.

We only know your side of the story- but I try and look at the issue from both sides anyway and my guess is you react to the way your mother tells you stuff rather than hearing what it is she's trying to say.

I suggested a while back- when you were seeing a counselor (can't remember if you still are)
To talk to your counsellor about your issues with your mom and see if the councillor can mediate a discussion for you and help foster communication between you two.

I think you said once you sometimes have trouble communicating your problems to the counsellor. Ask if you can keep a journal to outline the problems. Write in that journal a each time feel bad or mad after a conversation with your mother and ask the counsellor to help you process these interactions and find a new approach to talking with your mom

The way you guys carry on now is not healthy for either of you.

You may not be willing to see it yet but tge fact that your mom came back and tried to talk to you about the fight means she's trying to find a way to talk to you....not at you.  This is a big improvement Ann. She's trying to meet in the middle- maybe you could try a little too.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/12 at 2:55 pm

Me too I like em' full sour. (with garlic)

Written By: Dagwood on 08/26/12 at 3:05 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it one more time.

From the passive observer it seems most of your issues with your mother stem from miscommunication.

We only know your side of the story- but I try and look at the issue from both sides anyway and my guess is you react to the way your mother tells you stuff rather than hearing what it is she's trying to say.

I suggested a while back- when you were seeing a counselor (can't remember if you still are)
To talk to your counsellor about your issues with your mom and see if the councillor can mediate a discussion for you and help foster communication between you two.

I think you said once you sometimes have trouble communicating your problems to the counsellor. Ask if you can keep a journal to outline the problems. Write in that journal a each time feel bad or mad after a conversation with your mother and ask the counsellor to help you process these interactions and find a new approach to talking with your mom

The way you guys carry on now is not healthy for either of you.

You may not be willing to see it yet but tge fact that your mom came back and tried to talk to you about the fight means she's trying to find a way to talk to you....not at you.  This is a big improvement Ann. She's trying to meet in the middle- maybe you could try a little too.

Ann, this is excellent advice. 

Written By: wildcard on 08/26/12 at 3:29 pm

I do still see that counsellor when I can afford it.  I do write my problems down my problems down. v  I definatly wouldn't remember to tell the counseller without doing so.  She doesn't seem to tell me anything I don't already know, but sometimes it's nice to have someone to talk to when you're really at the end of your rope. 

If my mom doesn't understand gardening and or hates it that's fine,  I just want to know why I'm wrong  when she doesn't even know anything about gardening.  Is she upset because I don't have a bunch of beautiful bushes yet? probably, but does she know that I've burnt plants over time and I am trying to watch the sun and make good decisions before spending 100's of dollars on plants?

I have one idea based on sun observation and plants I can get .  If it's not good enough for my mom then she can have the area and do all the planting herself.

the coming back was this morning when she told me she was leaving for church and saw that I had a mad face.  She asked if I was mad at her and she said good.  Uh, my mom gets enjoyment out of pi----- people off and happy when they're mad at her?  I don't get it.  Does someone get this or have another thought on this?  Maybe my mom cant control herself and has given up trying?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/26/12 at 5:10 pm

and everytime you watch Degrassi you have to say Q would totally enjoy this if she were here right now!  ;D

thanks!  8)

I do that now anyway.  :D ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 08/26/12 at 5:15 pm

I heard there were some small quakes in So Cal.  Q, did you feel anything?  Nally?  Are you far enough south?

Written By: nally on 08/26/12 at 6:29 pm

Nope. Didn't feel a thing. Nor have I heard about any.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/26/12 at 6:56 pm

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20120826/US.California.Quakes/

Doesn't sound like any of them were too big so it doesn't surprise me. 

Written By: nally on 08/26/12 at 7:00 pm

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20120826/US.California.Quakes/

Doesn't sound like any of them were too big so it doesn't surprise me.

And I notice it was from San Diego and the Coachella Valley, which is south of where I am. (But I did go near there on my recent cruise.)

Written By: Dagwood on 08/26/12 at 7:30 pm

Ah, I see.  I wasn't sure where you lived other than California.  Not quite sure of the placement of the cities.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/26/12 at 8:22 pm

Went to visit my mother again today. Every time I see her, I wonder if it will be the last.  :-\\  :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/26/12 at 8:29 pm

I do that now anyway.  :D ;D

and you are right!!! I freaking love Degrassi (almost as much as I love Bunheads!) almost! 

I hope there is an afterlife so I can find someone with good TV tastes to haunt so I don't miss all that good tv after I'm gone.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 08/26/12 at 10:45 pm

I heard there were some small quakes in So Cal.  Q, did you feel anything?  Nally?  Are you far enough south?

I didn't feel anything... they hit San Diego so I must be far enough north...

Ah, I see.  I wasn't sure where you lived other than California.  Not quite sure of the placement of the cities.  :)

Jeff is only 35 miles south of me

San Diego, well Brawley - where the earthquakes hit-  is over 250 miles from Jeff nearly 300 miles from me... 

but thanks for the check in!  :) 

Written By: snozberries on 08/26/12 at 10:46 pm

Went to visit my mother again today. Every time I see her, I wonder if it will be the last.  :-\\ :\'( :\'(

Cat

(((((hugs)))))

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/27/12 at 2:33 am

M (step)daughter felt them all, she is in the desert area below San Diego.  She is about 14 miles away from the epicenter of them.

Written By: Howard on 08/27/12 at 7:31 am

Went to visit my mother again today. Every time I see her, I wonder if it will be the last.  :-\\  :\'( :\'(

Cat

(((hugs))))

Written By: Dagwood on 08/27/12 at 8:08 am

M (step)daughter felt them all, she is in the desert area below San Diego.  She is about 14 miles away from the epicenter of them.

Being from California it was probably nothing to her.  I would have been scared to death. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/27/12 at 9:57 am

Being from California it was probably nothing to her.  I would have been scared to death. ;D

except for when they cause death and destruction they're kind of fun... and the death and destruction is still rare (when you compare the frequency of earthquakes (major ones) to frequency of tornadoes and hurricanes.) 

Written By: nally on 08/27/12 at 10:51 am

Cat

(((((hugs)))))

(((hugs))))

Ditto Q and Howard's posts.

Written By: Jessica on 08/27/12 at 11:32 am

Ditto Q and Howard's posts.

I'll third that.

*hugs*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/12 at 12:28 pm

Thanks, everyone.

Cat

Written By: karen on 08/27/12 at 4:21 pm

Hugs to you Cat.  I wish there was something I could do

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/27/12 at 4:59 pm

Cat

Unfortunately, one day it will be.  I distinctly remember the last time I saw my grandmother alive.  She died a couple years ago.  Hubby and I went in to visit her in the hospital, and I knew it was near her time.  It was sad, and I miss her alot.  I just was able to hold hand and just kind of "telepathically" convey to her that I love(d) her and thank her for raising her family (my mom included) and just try to burn into my memory how soft her skin was and how much she looked like my mom and me in ways.  She couldn't really talk by then, but I want to think that she knew I was there and was able to feel my loving thoughts.  I know that none of this helps make it any better, but know that you are amongst friends and anything you might want to discuss would be kept in the deepest of confidences.  I love you (and everybody else on this board, for the most part) and hope to be able to comfort my friends, in their times of need. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/27/12 at 5:06 pm

My (step)daughter felt them all, she is in the desert area below San Diego.  She is about 14 miles away from the epicenter of them.

I think she was a little concerned due to the frequency. But generally, no, not much of a reaction from her other then she was tired of them.  Apparently there were quite alot of "smaller" ones all day Sunday.

I've only experienced 3 small ones here in Ohio and Pittsburgh.  One while I was in the hospital.  Since my bed was on wheels, I was kinda "drifting" a bit.  Alot of people didn't feel anything.  Also another one when I was recovering on my couch at home, I was sitting up but kinda kept falling over for a couple seconds.  I thought "wow, I must be having a bad balance day today." at first.  lol  Then I realized what happened and got online to confirm it. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/12 at 5:09 pm

Unfortunately, one day it will be.  I distinctly remember the last time I saw my grandmother alive.  She died a couple years ago.  Hubby and I went in to visit her in the hospital, and I knew it was near her time.  It was sad, and I miss her alot.  I just was able to hold hand and just kind of "telepathically" convey to her that I love(d) her and thank her for raising her family (my mom included) and just try to burn into my memory how soft her skin was and how much she looked like my mom and me in ways.  She couldn't really talk by then, but I want to think that she knew I was there and was able to feel my loving thoughts.  I know that none of this helps make it any better, but know that you are amongst friends and anything you might want to discuss would be kept in the deepest of confidences.  I love you (and everybody else on this board, for the most part) and hope to be able to comfort my friends, in their times of need.

It was funny, before I left my mother's room, I was standing next to her while she was in bed. I looked at her hand and asked her for it. She wanted to know why. I told her I wanted to hold it. I started singing, "I wanna hold your hand."  ;D  I started rubbing it with my other hand and she said, "That feels good."  ;D ;D

We have been going to see her about once a week. It is really hard because it is about a 3 & a half hour drive-ONE WAY!! Carlos is so good to drive me. My two sisters who live in Conn. have been going to see her about twice a week or so. It is a little closer for them but not much. I think it is something like 2 or 2 & a half hours one way for them.

The nurse told me that when the end is near, she will start to get jaundice. That hasn't happened yet so she still has some time left-but who knows how much.  :-\\ :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 08/27/12 at 10:18 pm

except for when they cause death and destruction they're kind of fun... and the death and destruction is still rare (when you compare the frequency of earthquakes (major ones) to frequency of tornadoes and hurricanes.) 

True.  Still the minor ones there that do little more than annoy you would scare the crap out of me.  There were two that I felt the last couple of years.  All I felt was my chair moving in a weird arcing pattern and saw things swinging.  Scared the crap out of me.  Yeah, I am a wimp.  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 08/27/12 at 10:19 pm

It was funny, before I left my mother's room, I was standing next to her while she was in bed. I looked at her hand and asked her for it. She wanted to know why. I told her I wanted to hold it. I started singing, "I wanna hold your hand."  ;D  I started rubbing it with my other hand and she said, "That feels good."  ;D ;D

We have been going to see her about once a week. It is really hard because it is about a 3 & a half hour drive-ONE WAY!! Carlos is so good to drive me. My two sisters who live in Conn. have been going to see her about twice a week or so. It is a little closer for them but not much. I think it is something like 2 or 2 & a half hours one way for them.

The nurse told me that when the end is near, she will start to get jaundice. That hasn't happened yet so she still has some time left-but who knows how much.  :-\\ :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

{{{hugs}}}

Written By: Howard on 08/28/12 at 6:56 am

very nice story.  :)

Written By: warped on 08/28/12 at 7:22 am

Cat

Just an awful time for ya right now. Doesn't help much but try to enjoy every precious moment of every visit with her.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/12 at 11:44 am

Busy day today. Gotta go vote (primary), and then do some errands.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/28/12 at 12:34 pm

Just an awful time for ya right now. Doesn't help much but try to enjoy every precious moment of every visit with her.

My dad did that last Sunday, before his mother passed on. Hard to believe it's been a week already. :\'(

Written By: nally on 08/28/12 at 12:35 pm

So this morning I went to another ContactsNCoffee gathering. Just getting to know more people and handing out more copies of my business card (as well as getting business cards from them).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/29/12 at 10:26 am

AUCTION TONIGHT!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Of course, I keep wondering if we really should go. We are trying to get rid of stuff-but they have coins. I already have so many coins, I really don't need anymore. But, they have coins.  :-\\ :-\\ :-\\

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/12 at 10:50 am

Of course, I keep wondering if we really should go. We are trying to get rid of stuff-but they have coins. I already have so many coins, I really don't need anymore. But, they have coins.  :-\\ :-\\ :-\\

Cat

GO!  have fun!!!

Written By: wildcard on 08/29/12 at 11:03 am

I finished my butterfly picture, but forgot to take a picture of it.  In another thread I mention how fun the drive was getting to my class.

Written By: nally on 08/29/12 at 11:11 am

I finished my butterfly picture, but forgot to take a picture of it.  In another thread I mention how fun the drive was getting to my class.

We'd like to see it at some point! :)

Written By: wildcard on 08/29/12 at 11:21 am

We'd like to see it at some point! :)

I know but I forgot to take a picture of it and am a failure http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/forum%20smilies/sad.jpg

is next week okay by any chance?

Written By: nally on 08/29/12 at 11:23 am

I know but I forgot to take a picture of it and am a failure http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/forum%20smilies/sad.jpg

is next week okay by any chance?

Sure! Whenever you have it ready.

I am still working on a few projects of my own...

Written By: wildcard on 08/29/12 at 12:27 pm

Sure! Whenever you have it ready.

I am still working on a few projects of my own...

oh thank you thank you

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/29/12 at 12:29 pm

It's Rubixgirl's birthday. In honor, we should all go look at her profile.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/12 at 1:50 pm

Can someone find me the link to that cool pic posted a while ago
The stairs/organized area

You know the one!

Thanks

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/29/12 at 1:57 pm

You know the one!

Thanks

You mean THIS one?

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/epic-fail-photos-win-multi-functional-win.jpg

Nope, I have no idea where you can find it.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: warped on 08/29/12 at 1:58 pm

You know the one!

Thanks

I can't find it either.
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/epic-fail-photos-win-multi-functional-win.jpg

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=26264.675

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/12 at 2:21 pm

You mean THIS one?

Cat

I can't find it either.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=26264.675

;D ;D

thank you both!

Written By: nally on 08/29/12 at 5:53 pm

You mean THIS one?

Cat

Neato! :D

Written By: wildcard on 08/29/12 at 6:21 pm

Joel's car is shot and we don't have money to buy a car right now. 

Written By: Howard on 08/29/12 at 7:56 pm

Cat

enjoy the auction.

Written By: Howard on 08/29/12 at 7:57 pm

It's Rubixgirl's birthday. In honor, we should all go look at her profile.

Cat

Happy Birthday to rubixgirl.

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/12 at 8:49 pm

My landlady invited me to dinner for her birthday... enchiladas and chili rellenos (con queso)  ::) ::) ::)

guess what I said!  :P

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/29/12 at 9:00 pm

My landlady invited me to dinner for her birthday... enchiladas and chili rellenos (con queso)  ::) ::) ::)

That you had a friend in Pittsburgh that would eat your portion of anything cheesy?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/12 at 9:04 pm

That you had a friend in Pittsburgh that would eat your portion of anything cheesy?  ;D

How'd you know???? They saved you a seat!  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/29/12 at 10:34 pm

How'd you know???? They saved you a seat!  ;D

Awesome.  It'll only take me 4 days to drive out there.  lol

Written By: danootaandme on 08/30/12 at 1:12 am

That stinks    8-P

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/12 at 1:13 am

Awesome.  It'll only take me 4 days to drive out there.  lol
al

I'll be. In LA so help yourself to all the cheese in the house.    :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/30/12 at 1:24 am

That does suck.  Is there any kind of rent-to-own used car place there?  We have one here, you have to have a down-payment, but then you can make monthly payments.

Written By: karen on 08/30/12 at 6:21 am

James is back at school today.  Big boy now in his last year of primary school. Today and tomorrow I'll ride to school with him and then he's on his own again!  Not quite worked out the logistics and sense in letting him be the last one out in the mornings.  :-\\

I start back to work on Monday.  The first couple of days will be training and stuff, the girls don't start until Wednesday.  In fact Elizabeth's year doesn't start until Thursday.  On Wednesday she is going to London to see a couple of Paralympics events.

Written By: Howard on 08/30/12 at 7:15 am

How could you pass up enchiladas and chili?

Written By: Henk on 08/30/12 at 9:32 am

Howard, this may come as a surprise to you...I mean, after all you're fairly new to the boards and stuff... ::)...but Q's not a fan of cheese. Not at all.

Written By: wildcard on 08/30/12 at 10:25 am

That does suck.  Is there any kind of rent-to-own used car place there?  We have one here, you have to have a down-payment, but then you can make monthly payments.

I don't know and I don't know what it going to be done about it. so far my mom is taking him to college and stuff.  I had to change an appointment two times to schedule it in with all the transportation issues now.  Hopefully something can be done soon about this. 

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/12 at 10:48 am

It wasn't chili...it was chili rellenos (a pepper stuffed with cheese)

Howard, this may come as a surprise to you...I mean, after all you're fairly new to the boards and stuff... ::)...but Q's not a fan of cheese. Not at all.

Ha ha ha.....you said that much better than I could! Karma. Uz I literally lol'd

Written By: nally on 08/30/12 at 2:33 pm

I don't know and I don't know what it going to be done about it. so far my mom is taking him to college and stuff.  I had to change an appointment two times to schedule it in with all the transportation issues now.  Hopefully something can be done soon about this.

I hope so too.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/30/12 at 6:04 pm

Just discovered today that someone really needs to get a life. 

Sarah and her best friend quit being friends last year.  I saw it coming, they hit jr high and started going separate directions.  No biggie, stuff happens, right?  At the history fair, her mom comes up to me and tells me we need to get the girls together to get them talking again.  I told her that I thought the girls needed to work it out for themselves.  If they are no longer friends, then that's that.  They were 14 at the time....at that point they need to know how to deal with others, right? 

Fast forward to today, 6 or so months later.  Said mom told her sister in law that I am the one who wanted to get the girls together and apparently I yelled at her and accused her of using a sob story for her daughter to get into a charter school both girls applied to.  Sarah didn't make it but the girl did.    The funny thing about that is I haven't talked to her since the meeting before they applied.  Plus, it is a lottery draw only, they don't take family issues, etc into consideration for enrollment.  I am happy her daughter made it.  She was getting into a crowd that worried me.  She is incredibly boy crazy and I am afraid she will end up pregnant before she gets out of high school.  At least this school is very scholastically minded and she won't have as much time to chase the boys.  I hold her no ill will even though she and Sarah are no longer friends.

I just think it is funny that this woman has nothing better to do than make up lies.  Oh well.  I am just going to ignore it.  If she wants to spread rumors then it just makes her seem more pitiful.  Gotta love it.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/30/12 at 7:30 pm

Back from vacation.  First York, Pennsylvania to see my cousin who is a hot shot at Harley and fixed up a "Steel Toe Tour" for us, then to Gettysburg, someone(me)really has to remind those people that the south lost, it is even sadder knowing that Pennsylvania was Union, I don't get it.  Then on to D.C., Smithsonian, House gallery, Newseum.  I loved the whole thing  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 08/30/12 at 7:39 pm

I would love to go to the Smithsonian.  How long did you spend there?

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/12 at 9:18 pm

In case anyone cares I uploaded a few videos i've kept in my camera for months...

http://www.youtube.com/user/snozberries?feature=results_main

Written By: karen on 08/31/12 at 2:13 pm

Tomorrow I am going to a Morris Festival in Lincoln.  We will be dancing in a few different locations across the town.  There are going to be about 18 or so diffent dance teams there.  It finishes with a final display of one dance each in front of the cathedral.  Just hope the weather stays fine.

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/12 at 3:05 pm

Today I was going to drive to la but I've decided to do it tomorrow instead

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/31/12 at 3:55 pm

Tomorrow we are going to visit my mother and then going to her house. Two of my sisters will be there and we will be cleaning it out-spending the night.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/12 at 3:58 pm

After three years of employment, today was my last day of work, my contract finished.

:\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: warped on 08/31/12 at 4:04 pm

In case anyone cares I uploaded a few videos i've kept in my camera for months...

http://www.youtube.com/user/snozberries?feature=results_main

I like the guys jumping on the car. The 2 dogs on the couch is nice too.

Tomorrow we are going to visit my mother and then going to her house. Two of my sisters will be there and we will be cleaning it out-spending the night.

Cat

Not a fun job.  Hope you will find some cool things that will spark nice memories.

After three years of employment, today was my last day of work, my contract finished.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can collect (what we call here) unemployment insurance while you are out of work, to tide you over a little, until the next job.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/12 at 4:05 pm

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can collect (what we call here) unemployment insurance while you are out of work, to tide you over a little, until the next job.
I have things planned, more news on this subject much later.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/31/12 at 5:50 pm

I would love to go to the Smithsonian.  How long did you spend there?

We where there for 2 days.  This is the third year in a row we have gone and have gone to a few of the museums each time, except the Newseum, we go there everytime, it is really a great place.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/31/12 at 6:27 pm

We where there for 2 days.  This is the third year in a row we have gone and have gone to a few of the museums each time, except the Newseum, we go there everytime, it is really a great place.

Sounds like fun.  It is one of the things on my bucket list, that's for sure.

Written By: Howard on 08/31/12 at 7:58 pm

hope you're able to get something new next time.

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/12 at 9:08 pm

Sorry to hear that....now can you tell us what your super secret job was?

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/12 at 9:10 pm

I like the guys jumping on the car. The 2 dogs on the couch is nice too.

Thanks

The black dog is my Effie. The other dog is my mom's.

Written By: nally on 09/01/12 at 12:53 am

Sorry to hear about this. :(

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/01/12 at 1:04 am

Sorry to hear that

Written By: nally on 09/01/12 at 1:07 am

So anyway, today my parents took the day off work and I went with them up to San Luis Obispo to pick up some apples from Gopher Glen, a place they have been getting apples from for the past few years. (I also went there with them last year.) We were out for a good part of the day; for me it was relaxing for the most part. Except for the fact that the car we rented was kindof uncomfortable. But the car did have an XM Satellite radio installed, so we could play the Spa music channel and the ambiance could be a little more pleasant. So overall it was a pretty nice day. :)

The apples we picked up from there were of the Jonathan variety, by the way. They are seasonal, only harvested around this time of the year, and we haven't been lucky enough to find them in grocery stores.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/12 at 5:44 am

Sorry to hear that....now can you tell us what your super secret job was?
In truth, I cannot still really tell.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/01/12 at 6:48 am

The apples we picked up from there were of the Jonathan variety, by the way. They are seasonal, only harvested around this time of the year, and we haven't been lucky enough to find them in grocery stores.

Love the Jonagold  :) 

Written By: nally on 09/01/12 at 11:30 am

Love the Jonagold  :)

They have those, too. In fact, we even tried a piece of those apples while we were there.

They even have a website, too: http://www.gopherglen.com/index.html

Written By: snozberries on 09/01/12 at 1:49 pm

did you guys miss it?  :-\\

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=46789.msg2920832#msg2920832

Written By: karen on 09/02/12 at 3:39 am

did you guys miss it?  :-\\

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=46789.msg2920832#msg2920832

We're just rebels that way!

Written By: karen on 09/02/12 at 3:39 am

Hope you sort something out soon.  Did you know it was a fixed contract when you started?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/02/12 at 6:28 am

Hope you sort something out soon.  Did you know it was a fixed contract when you started?
Yes I did, and it was extended several times.

Written By: snozberries on 09/02/12 at 11:47 am

We're just rebels that way!

O0

Check for new replies or respond here...