inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Zombie Step into SEPTEMBER....

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/12 at 10:54 am

Yep... I've managed to maintain my Zombie theme a little longer  :D :P 

Anyway- What are y'all up to?

I have Paley Fall Preview I am leaving Friday am... and return to work on the 13th! 
Thank goodness for my friend in LA who's willing to put me up for two weeks so I don't have to drive back and forth...

I have lots of stuff planned.  That means lots of pics. 

I will try and keep you posted but honestly if you really want me I'll be on FB and Twitter for the next two weeks. 

Subject: Re: Zombie Step into SEPTEMBER....

Written By: snozberries on 09/01/12 at 1:48 pm

WHITE RABBIT

Written By: snozberries on 09/01/12 at 1:52 pm

alright...one hour from now I'm on the road to LA! 

gonna do this thing tonight with the friend who puts me up called wine and canvas...apparently people drink wine and learn to paint..

we'll see what I accomplish....cost more than I really wanna pay considering I don't drink wine but I'm taking advantage of her generosity so I guess I can be put out for one night.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/12 at 1:53 pm

After losing out on my job, September is a start of a new challenge for me. I have to find work again, and as the economy and unemployment is high, it could be a struggle out there. 

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/01/12 at 3:32 pm

I celebrate the seasons, so happy first of the month September everyone!:D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/01/12 at 6:08 pm

http://www.kalanlp.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/M/G/MG872_1.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 09/01/12 at 6:11 pm

http://www.kalanlp.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/M/G/MG872_1.jpg

That's awesome!!!! I want it!!!!

Written By: danootaandme on 09/01/12 at 7:11 pm

After losing out on my job, September is a start of a new challenge for me. I have to find work again, and as the economy and unemployment is high, it could be a struggle out there.

Welcome to my world!  Luckily for me I may be able to pull my pension next year, knock on wood, then get something part time to make up the difference.  The only problem will be health insurance.  Obamacare makes it possible to by insurance, before you could only get it if you were employed or 65, now we can buy it but the cost is about $800 dollars a month.  If the President could have gotten the single payer provision it would have been considerably less, maybe if he wins the election.........

Written By: nally on 09/01/12 at 7:34 pm

It has been a struggle for me too...

Written By: Howard on 09/01/12 at 7:35 pm

The Zombie Fund?

Written By: Howard on 09/01/12 at 7:36 pm

hope you find a job soon.

Written By: Howard on 09/01/12 at 7:38 pm

Next week is my friend's 40th Birthday so I'll be going to his house for the party.

And looking forward to the cooler weather, this summer was a killer. :P

Written By: snozberries on 09/02/12 at 1:10 am

alright...one hour from now I'm on the road to LA! 

gonna do this thing tonight with the friend who puts me up called wine and canvas...apparently people drink wine and learn to paint..

we'll see what I accomplish....cost more than I really wanna pay considering I don't drink wine but I'm taking advantage of her generosity so I guess I can be put out for one night.

My painting sux but I had fun

Written By: karen on 09/02/12 at 3:42 am

Spent yesterday in Lincoln at the morris dancing festival.  Good fun, if a little tiring.

Today we are at home doing jobs, plus going to but James more school trousers.  Fun, fun, fun!!!  ::)

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/02/12 at 12:20 pm

Had a chance to spend some time with my dear sister. I hardly ever get to see her. She lives in Boston, and she came for a visit! :) It was so nice, but I miss her now. Still, I'm happy that she visited.

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/02/12 at 12:29 pm

My painting sux but I had fun

Hehe. Did you keep the painting, I want to see it to see what you painted! lol.

Written By: snozberries on 09/02/12 at 1:29 pm

Hehe. Did you keep the painting, I want to see it to see what you painted! lol.

I did.. i posted it on FB... the camera I had doesn't have flash so the colors aren't defined in the pic... I'll take a pic of it today, post it to FB and then copy it here.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/02/12 at 5:48 pm

What an exhausting weekend and a bit emotional for me. We are also a bit banged up. Carlos has some bruises on his legs and I have a BIG bruise on my foot where a hammer dropped on it. OUCH!!!! But, it does match the mega-bruise that I got last week on my arm (that's going away now) when we TRIED to take a dresser in the car-but didn't work.

With four of us working (two of my sisters, Carlos & myself) and one of my BILs came to help for a short period of time, it was like we hardly scratched the surface. Not only is my mother a packrat (yup, that is where I got it from), she also is not very organized. She has stuff all over the place so we have to go through EVERYTHING. There is a bunch of stuff that is to go to a genealogical society that she co-founded, and was the secretary and wrote several books about it. But, in the mist of all of the paperwork to go to the society, we found her old will.  :o :o :o And then there is the house itself. A "friend" of hers was helping her out by rewiring the place. He cut holes in the sheet rock ALL over the house-which he never replaced. And to top it off, the wiring is TOTALLY screwed up. In other words, the guy did a sh!tty job. And because of all of these holes, the mice have free run of the place. My sister saw one of the holes that led outside. OY VEY!!!  And then there was the furnace. My mother's house was SOOOOO HOT!!!! I went into the bathroom and felt heat coming out of the radiator. I looked at the thermostat and it was up past 90 degrees!  :o :o :o :o  Even after I turned it WAY down, the heat was still coming out. We finally had to turn off the circuit breaker to the furnace. At least we don't have to worry about selling the house. My mother has a reverse mortgage and after we clean it out, it will be the bank's problem and not ours.   

We took most of the big stuff we wanted (a dresser that was my great-grandmother's, a desk that was mine when I was in high school &  two Hitchcock chairs). I wanted a computer desk since mine broke. We put the two end smaller pieces to it in the van (printer stand & another piece) but we couldn't get the main part of it in. The sliding door didn't open wide enough because of a block. We couldn't get the block off because we didn't have a socket wrench. We couldn't take the top part of the desk off because the screw was stripped and we didn't have the right Allen wrench size for it anyway. Well, you get the picture. So, the desk stayed behind. I was going to leave the other two pieces but they were already packed and we didn't want to spend any more energy unpacking if we didn't have to. (By this time, we were ALL totally exhausted).  Took home a bunch of stuff I probably shouldn't. A lot of it will be sold and maybe when I am ready, I will get rid of some of it. But, some I could never. One of the items that I brought home with me is my mother's wedding ring.

But, we did get to sleep in the van for the first time.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 09/02/12 at 6:52 pm

What an exhausting weekend and a bit emotional for me. We are also a bit banged up. Carlos has some bruises on his legs and I have a BIG bruise on my foot where a hammer dropped on it. OUCH!!!! But, it does match the mega-bruise that I got last week on my arm (that's going away now) when we TRIED to take a dresser in the car-but didn't work.

With four of us working (two of my sisters, Carlos & myself) and one of my BILs came to help for a short period of time, it was like we hardly scratched the surface. Not only is my mother a packrat (yup, that is where I got it from), she also is not very organized. She has stuff all over the place so we have to go through EVERYTHING. There is a bunch of stuff that is to go to a genealogical society that she co-founded, and was the secretary and wrote several books about it. But, in the mist of all of the paperwork to go to the society, we found her old will.  :o :o :o And then there is the house itself. A "friend" of hers was helping her out by rewiring the place. He cut holes in the sheet rock ALL over the house-which he never replaced. And to top it off, the wiring is TOTALLY screwed up. In other words, the guy did a sh!tty job. And because of all of these holes, the mice have free run of the place. My sister saw one of the holes that led outside. OY VEY!!!  And then there was the furnace. My mother's house was SOOOOO HOT!!!! I went into the bathroom and felt heat coming out of the radiator. I looked at the thermostat and it was up past 90 degrees!  :o :o :o :o  Even after I turned it WAY down, the heat was still coming out. We finally had to turn off the circuit breaker to the furnace. At least we don't have to worry about selling the house. My mother has a reverse mortgage and after we clean it out, it will be the bank's problem and not ours.   

We took most of the big stuff we wanted (a dresser that was my great-grandmother's, a desk that was mine when I was in high school &  two Hitchcock chairs). I wanted a computer desk since mine broke. We put the two end smaller pieces to it in the van (printer stand & another piece) but we couldn't get the main part of it in. The sliding door didn't open wide enough because of a block. We couldn't get the block off because we didn't have a socket wrench. We couldn't take the top part of the desk off because the screw was stripped and we didn't have the right Allen wrench size for it anyway. Well, you get the picture. So, the desk stayed behind. I was going to leave the other two pieces but they were already packed and we didn't want to spend any more energy unpacking if we didn't have to. (By this time, we were ALL totally exhausted).  Took home a bunch of stuff I probably shouldn't. A lot of it will be sold and maybe when I am ready, I will get rid of some of it. But, some I could never. One of the items that I brought home with me is my mother's wedding ring.

But, we did get to sleep in the van for the first time.

Cat

All I can say is  YIKES!  It will be the same for me when it comes time to move my sister out of the family home.

Written By: snozberries on 09/02/12 at 7:36 pm

Sounds exhausting Cat. 

How was the night in the van?

Written By: wildcard on 09/02/12 at 8:29 pm

just got back from Lodi,  we all went down to see John.  We had lunch at a Mexican restant,  Mexican isn't my cup of tea, but they had what they called avacado fries so I ordered them. They should call it avacado shrimp. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/03/12 at 10:28 am

Sounds exhausting Cat. 

How was the night in the van?

It was ok. I didn't sleep well because I was pretty wired, had a lot on my mind, it was hot (we still don't know how to work the generator so we could have A/C) and because we had the windows open, I kept being disturbed by planes, trains, & automobiles. My mother lives on a dead end street but I couldn't believe how much traffic there was-and those people were zipping pretty fast. Some guy walked past about midnight, talking on his cell. Oh yeah, where we were parked, a streetlight was shinning in. Once I fell asleep I was fine. I think I had something like 4 or 5 hours. But the bed is pretty spacious-which is what I need. I toss & turn A LOT! I can't sleep comfortable in anything less than a queen (which is what this is). If it was a double, forget it.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 09/03/12 at 10:36 am

It was ok. I didn't sleep well because I was pretty wired, had a lot on my mind, it was hot (we still don't know how to work the generator so we could have A/C) and because we had the windows open, I kept being disturbed by planes, trains, & automobiles. My mother lives on a dead end street but I couldn't believe how much traffic there was-and those people were zipping pretty fast. Some guy walked past about midnight, talking on his cell. Oh yeah, where we were parked, a streetlight was shinning in. Once I fell asleep I was fine. I think I had something like 4 or 5 hours. But the bed is pretty spacious-which is what I need. I toss & turn A LOT! I can't sleep comfortable in anything less than a queen (which is what this is). If it was a double, forget it.

Cat

Sounds like it'll be nice once you past the distractions and figure out the generator/ac

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/03/12 at 10:44 am

Sounds like it'll be nice once you past the distractions and figure out the generator/ac

Yeah. We just need to get used to things.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/03/12 at 12:54 pm

Had a chance to spend some time with my dear sister. I hardly ever get to see her. She lives in Boston, and she came for a visit! :) It was so nice, but I miss her now. Still, I'm happy that she visited.

Glad you were able to visit with her! :)

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/03/12 at 1:13 pm

Glad you were able to visit with her! :)

Yes, it was nice. I won't get to see her until the holidays now, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Only a couple months away :)

Written By: Howard on 09/03/12 at 3:32 pm

What a hectic day today, Pathmark was so packed on Labor Day you couldn't fit anymore people in there. :o

Written By: wildcard on 09/03/12 at 4:40 pm

I started doing some garden work this morning and will go back out for a while this evening when the shade starts to come out. 

Written By: nally on 09/03/12 at 11:44 pm

Yes, it was nice. I won't get to see her until the holidays now, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Only a couple months away :)

It'll be here before ya know it... ;)

Written By: nally on 09/03/12 at 11:47 pm

What a hectic day today, Pathmark was so packed on Labor Day you couldn't fit anymore people in there. :o

Yeah, lots o' stores probably had lots of Labor Day sales today, with many people taking advantage of them.

Today I went to JoAnn Fabrics to buy a few more scrapbooking supplies (for my cruise photo album) and they had a good number of customers in there when I went inside. I only needed a few items, though. When I got home I started to place the photos on each background page.

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/12 at 12:54 am

So I had another great LA day....

My friend from Montreal and I spent the day location scouting... we scoped out houses from some of our fav shows...

We saw the Wonder Years house... it's about 3 blks from the friend who puts us up in Burbank. I always knew it was relatively close but I didn't realize it was that close!!!

then we drove to Torrance and saw Buffy Summers house and Sunnydale High!!!

Then we went to Culver City and saw the house from Cougar Town
We stayed in Culver City and went to a house from Modern Family
We drove to Brentwood to see the another Mod Fam house
We went to Santa Monica and had lunch at Bubba Gump...we joked that we were at the opening of Three's company but didn't recreate any of the scenes.
We went to Bev Hills to see the Charlie's Angels office
We went to LA to see LA city College which was used as a location shoot for the first three eps of Community.
Then we went to Toulca Lake to see the Suburgatory house
Finally we went to Studio City to see the Brady Bunch House.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/04/12 at 9:55 am

So I had another great LA day....

My friend from Montreal and I spent the day location scouting... we scoped out houses from some of our fav shows...

We saw the Wonder Years house... it's about 3 blks from the friend who puts us up in Burbank. I always knew it was relatively close but I didn't realize it was that close!!!

then we drove to Torrance and saw Buffy Summers house and Sunnydale High!!!

Then we went to Culver City and saw the house from Cougar Town
We stayed in Culver City and went to a house from Modern Family
We drove to Brentwood to see the another Mod Fam house
We went to Santa Monica and had lunch at Bubba Gump...we joked that we were at the opening of Three's company but didn't recreate any of the scenes.
We went to Bev Hills to see the Charlie's Angels office
We went to LA to see LA city College which was used as a location shoot for the first three eps of Community.
Then we went to Toulca Lake to see the Suburgatory house
Finally we went to Studio City to see the Brady Bunch House.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

SIL used to live in Torrance. She made a KILLING. Bought the house when the market was on the low side and sold it when the market was REALLY high (before the bottom dropped out).

Cat

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/12 at 10:45 am

SIL used to live in Torrance. She made a KILLING. Bought the house when the market was on the low side and sold it when the market was REALLY high (before the bottom dropped out).

Cat

Cat

There are some nice houses there. I would totally buy the Buffy house if I won the lotto  ;D

Written By: nally on 09/04/12 at 2:19 pm

There are some nice houses there. I would totally buy the Buffy house if I won the lotto  ;D

Seems like you had a good time. Didja take any pictures of any of those places?

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/12 at 3:43 pm

Seems like you had a good time. Didja take any pictures of any of those places?

TONS!!! Of course they're all on FB tho

Written By: nally on 09/04/12 at 7:12 pm

TONS!!! Of course they're all on FB tho

Cool!!

Written By: snozberries on 09/05/12 at 2:33 am

Another full day...

Started with watching Ellen get a star on the Hollywood walk of fame....
Seacrest (ryan) and Kimmel (Jimmy) were there to make speeches... it was great.... got pics with Seacrest and Kimmel. 
Got Portia and Ellen to sign an autograph.

My friend and I saw Colin Hanks coming out of a garage in LA

We went to a location where they were filming Dexter.  We didn't get to meet the stars but I got some fairly decent pics considering they were half a block away and behind a film crew

Went to tonight's taping of Craig Ferguson, Kathy Griffin was the guest....soooo much fun!!! no celeb interaction here.

Then we went to this thing called Harmontown... it's a live podcast put on by Dan Harmon the creator (former executive producer) of Community... got a pic with Harmon...and, surprisingly, Colin Hanks was there so I got a pic with him too!!!

Written By: snozberries on 09/05/12 at 2:34 am

Cool!!

btw my privacy settings aren't set that high so you should be able to see them if you want...

Written By: Dagwood on 09/05/12 at 7:16 am

You saw Ellen get her star?  Coolness!  The autograph would top it for me.  Sounds like a great day.

Written By: snozberries on 09/05/12 at 9:31 am

You saw Ellen get her star?  Coolness!  The autograph would top it for me.  Sounds like a great day.

The autograph was awesome. Apic with would've been my topper!  :)

Same with Dex he was, at one point, 3 ft away but I wasn't allowed that pic and He never looked our way (only 7 fans there) I get the feeling he's a method actor and doing the star/fan thing affects his process.  I've seen him sign for fans at Paley do I know he's not a douche line Tom Welling

Written By: loki 13 on 09/05/12 at 7:30 pm

It was confirmed, a F0 tornado touched down a few blocks from my house. It uprooted trees and
destroyed a shed or two but other than that it caused very little damage. It didn't last long and I
am thankful for that because it was headed in my direction. I figured being a stones throw from the
city of Philadelphia I'd never see a tornado.....I don't ever want to see another, not even one as small
as this one.

Written By: Howard on 09/05/12 at 7:54 pm

It was confirmed, a F0 tornado touched down a few blocks from my house. It uprooted trees and
destroyed a shed or two but other than that it caused very little damage. It didn't last long and I
am thankful for that because it was headed in my direction. I figured being a stones throw from the
city of Philadelphia I'd never see a tornado.....I don't ever want to see another, not even one as small
as this one.

Wow Loki thank god you're alright. :o

Written By: wildcard on 09/05/12 at 9:33 pm

I cant wait for our neighbors  Christmas tree? or whatever they just threw in the ground  to fall.

Written By: karen on 09/06/12 at 1:51 am

aching shoulders.  I cleaned 7 whiteboards yesterday.

Classes start today, but not too much going on yet.  Apparently it gets busier next week.

Written By: snozberries on 09/06/12 at 4:20 am

Glad you're okay Loki.

Today Dom & I went to It's a Wrap. It's basically a thrift store but they only sell studio cast offs. Anyone like the film 21 Jump Street? They had lots of stuff from that.

You may find something worn by stars or extras some people collect the clothes others use it as a thrift store.

They have lots of nice clothes & accessories and brand name stuff, worn for a very short period. My friend got a suit worn by (someone at Warner brothers to some academy event) it was a couple hundred bucks...he got it for $12.

He hit a suit jacket worn on Grimm for $8.

I got an Orlando magic jersey from fox studios for 11.
I got two t-shirts from Man Up for 50 cents each  ;D

The best part was we got two shirts worn in the finale of house by Hugh Laurie. Well they may have been worn by him or they were back ups that didn't get worn but they came from the set and match screen shots we got. It's a pretty awesome place. There are two locations. We went to both!

Then we saw the cast of the New Normal kinda funny sitcom on NBC by Glees Ryan Murphy about gay men who ask a woman to be a surrogate for them.

Then we went to a location shoot for Glee. No pics but we got to see Cory Monteith, Darren Criss, Chris Colfer, & Lea Michelle.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/06/12 at 11:03 am

as this one.

Yikes! Too close for comfort. Glad you are ok. When I have nightmares, they ALWAYS include a tornado.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/06/12 at 11:52 am

btw my privacy settings aren't set that high so you should be able to see them if you want...

cool. I'll check 'em out. (Too bad I can't "Like" them) In addition, i'm not sure how high my privacy settings are (gonna have to check); I mention this because I posted several of my cruise pictures to my F.B. account but have shared a few of them on this site.

Written By: nally on 09/06/12 at 11:54 am

So this afternoon I have to meet with a job coach and I need to get prepared for that. That said, I'm gonna get going for now...

Written By: Howard on 09/06/12 at 3:53 pm

So this afternoon I have to meet with a job coach and I need to get prepared for that. That said, I'm gonna get going for now...

I just came home a few hours ago from my job coach but anyway good luck.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/06/12 at 5:47 pm

I made my infamous potato salad today. I don't cook much but every now & again I will make a wicked good potato or macaroni salad.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/06/12 at 7:37 pm

I just came home a few hours ago from my job coach but anyway good luck.

Thanks; the meeting went pretty well today. I got some good advice out of it, including to seek more volunteer positions, that way I get to know more people and see if that can lead to some job leads and things of that nature.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/06/12 at 7:57 pm

as this one.

Yikes, that's too close for comfort!  Was it near the motel that I stayed at (if you can remember the hotel I stayed at? I think it was Best Western, but now I'm not sure.)  Glad no one was hurt and there was relatively little damage.

Today Dom & I went to It's a Wrap. It's basically a thrift store but they only sell studio cast offs. Anyone like the film 21 Jump Street? They had lots of stuff from that.

Sounds like my kind of place!  I love looking through thrift stores anyway, but I doubt I'd be able to find anything in my size, since not many plus size women on t.v. unfortunately.

Then we went to a location shoot for Glee. No pics but we got to see Cory Monteith, Darren Criss, Chris Colfer, & Lea Michelle.

I'm so jealous.  I've been on a Glee obsession lately with youtube.

I made my infamous potato salad today. I don't cook much but every now & again I will make a wicked good potato or macaroni salad.

Cat

Sounds good.  I like potato salad and macaroni salad, but I'm the only one that eats it, so it's kind of a waste to make a big batch just for me.  I might have to make a tiny bit (maybe cut up two or three potatoes.)

Written By: danootaandme on 09/06/12 at 8:04 pm

Anything worn by Johnny Depp, close the skin.  ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 09/06/12 at 8:05 pm

Cat

I eat potato salad until my stomach bursts, just love it.  :)

Written By: loki 13 on 09/06/12 at 8:40 pm

Yikes, that's too close for comfort!  Was it near the motel that I stayed at (if you can remember the hotel I stayed at? I think it was Best Western, but now I'm not sure.)  Glad no one was hurt and there was relatively little damage.

It is a Days Inn and yes it was near there, about a mile away. I went by the street today, the damage was done
by fallen trees. A house's roof, a car's rear window, 2 sheds and a torn up sidewalk was the only damage. If only
all tornados were like that.

Written By: snozberries on 09/07/12 at 1:17 am

Sounds like my kind of place!  I love looking through thrift stores anyway, but I doubt I'd be able to find anything in my size, since not many plus size women on t.v. unfortunately.

I'm so jealous.  I've been on a Glee obsession lately with youtube.

I couldn't even look at the women's clothing w/o getting pissed off. Everything  was so damn small.  I just shopped the men's side.  But, because they have clothing from backgrounds as well as stars there's probably stuff there but you have to look harder for it.

Anything worn by Johnny Depp, close the skin.  ::)

Probably but I wasn't getting that stuff for 50 cents  :D

We're going back tomorrow b/c they're opening the Halloween section and we saw something from chuck.

I'll try & take pics.

Written By: snozberries on 09/07/12 at 1:37 am

Another full day. Dom and I went to the location shoot for Modern Family the whole cast was shooting. We saw everyone but Sarah Hyland. Ty Burell said hi to us. Rico, Nolan, Julie Bowen all waved at us. Sofia Smiled at us and Eric stonestreet & Ariel winter took the time to take pics with us.

Then we had lunch and went to Paley.

Tonight was CBS - they screen pilots for several shows but we only watched the one fit the panel Partners from the producers of will & grace. The cast is great David Krumholtz (Numbers), Michael Urie (Ugly Betty), Sophia Bush ( One tree hill) & Brandon roush )Chuck & superman returns). Not a lot of substance to the show I hope it gets better.

Tomorrows gonna be more running around- no Paley event.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/07/12 at 10:11 am

I hear ya. I can eat both of them by the GALLON! (Just as long as it doesn't have mustard in it.  8-P 8-P )

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 09/07/12 at 10:21 am

I hear ya. I can eat both of them by the GALLON! (Just as long as it doesn't have mustard in it.  8-P 8-P )

Cat

I love yellow (mustard) potato salad. Especially with apples in it instead of celery. I hate white potato salad. Particularly if it's bitter (is that vinegar in there). Ie I detest German potato salad.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/07/12 at 11:16 am

I love yellow (mustard) potato salad. Especially with apples in it instead of celery. I hate white potato salad. Particularly if it's bitter (is that vinegar in there). Ie I detest German potato salad.

What's in mine is:

Red potatoes
Mayo
Hard boil eggs
Celery
Onions
Garlic
Bacon Bits (the real stuff-not the fake stuff)
Parsley
Paprika

Yeah, I know this should probably go into the food section.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/07/12 at 3:57 pm

Thanks; the meeting went pretty well today. I got some good advice out of it, including to seek more volunteer positions, that way I get to know more people and see if that can lead to some job leads and things of that nature.

I used to volunteer myself but I decided I wanted to have a paying job so I can focus on my future.

Written By: Howard on 09/07/12 at 3:58 pm

I love potato salad myself.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/09/12 at 7:37 pm

Wow! No one posted in this thread for the since Friday. I guess people were out and about all weekend.

As for us, we went to visit my mother again today. It is SUCH a LONG, LONG haul and Carlos does all the driving. (3 & 1/2 hours ONE WAY!!!!  :-\\ ) She seemed much better today in terms of being "with it" but her legs are so swollen-they look like elephant legs. We are talking about moving her to Conn. to be close to two of my sisters but that means we (Carlos & I) won't be able to see her as often. Carlos said that there is no way in hell he is going to drive down to Conn. every week. Don't blame him. I was thinking once a month-but who knows how long my mother is going to be around.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 09/09/12 at 8:50 pm

my dad is going to be helping me turn my dirt lot into a garden so that will be cool.  I'm going to my art class Tuesday and am going to take my camera to take a picture of my picture.

Written By: meesa on 09/09/12 at 10:00 pm

Training new employees last week and the coming one..just as mentally draining for the trainer as the trainees! A new program that hasn't been done before at my workplace, I designed it and I am happy (and relieved) that it appears to work! Training/teaching is something I have always loved to do and in the post I have now, I don't get to do it very often anymore. What makes it more rewarding is the women I am training have not had 'professional' work before, and now they can take their skills anywhere, and make a much better paycheck than they have ever had before.  :)

Sometimes I love my job.  :) :)

Written By: snozberries on 09/10/12 at 12:30 am

Fri: Dom and I went to the Criminal Minds location shoot. I have the pics to prove it!!!  8)  :)
Then we went to Downtown LA for the Shameless shoot.

Sat we went to Its a Wrap....again. I got done stuff from GH!
Then we went to Paley for CW nite. It was the actor who plays Arrow. He was cool and signed a pic and took a pic.
After that we went to the premiere of Sons of Anarchy got some pics there too

Sun was laid back. We went to the Charmed house. The loft they use for The New Girl and back to Torrance high (Buffy) then we went to some shopping centers. Saw the guy who was an astronaut on Big Bang Theory but didn't get a pic cuz he was with his family.

Written By: snozberries on 09/10/12 at 12:32 am

Wow! No one posted in this thread for the since Friday. I guess people were out and about all weekend.

As for us, we went to visit my mother again today. It is SUCH a LONG, LONG haul and Carlos does all the driving. (3 & 1/2 hours ONE WAY!!!!  :-\\ ) She seemed much better today in terms of being "with it" but her legs are so swollen-they look like elephant legs. We are talking about moving her to Conn. to be close to two of my sisters but that means we (Carlos & I) won't be able to see her as often. Carlos said that there is no way in hell he is going to drive down to Conn. every week. Don't blame him. I was thinking once a month-but who knows how long my mother is going to be around.  :-\\

Cat

:(

((((((((hugs)))))))

Written By: danootaandme on 09/10/12 at 4:10 am

Cat

Tough one, but wherever she gets the best care is the best.  :(

Written By: danootaandme on 09/10/12 at 4:14 am

Didn't have to work Saturday YAY!!!  So had the whole weekend to hang out with the boys(Sig and Youngone).  Salisbury Beach, too chilly to swim but great wave watching,  Quincy to visit with John Quincy.  Went to one of the bigger malls to browse, lost the car in the parking lot, had to have security drive me around to find it, so why aren't I embarrassed?  I don't know, it was kind of fun  ::)

Written By: Howard on 09/10/12 at 7:10 am

Cat

(((hugs)))  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 09/10/12 at 6:09 pm

A new employee was supposed to start today.  I saw the email it said Monday the 10th at 10.  Nothing.  I am a little annoyed, but to be fair HR is out of town.  I will wait to see tomorrow if he got an email.  If not, no big loss.  At least I didn't waste time training him only to have him quit. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/10/12 at 6:57 pm

*&^%$(!@~%* Sinus headache.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 09/10/12 at 9:12 pm

Earlier this year I had an employee jump ship to a direct competitor.  She had come from them and they have a habit of over-hiring and cutting hours, screwing up paychecks and treating their employees badly in general.  One of their favorite things to do is ship the work offshore after hiring a bunch of people and training them.  I was sad, but she felt that it was best for her family.  Fine, I understand.  The only problem I had was she recruited another girl while still fulfilling her two weeks.  Up until then, we were fine with her coming back if she needed to but recruiting for a direct competitor is a big no-no.

Fast forward to today.  I find out that the girl that left at the same time as the first girl got laid off due to "budget reasons"...then they turned around and hired again.  No surprise.  Now the first girl is receiving the same treatment as she was when she came to us, majorly cut hours and jealousy from co-workers.  (she is fast and good)  I feel for her.  I really feel bad because we really need people and if it weren't for the recruiting, they would let her come back in a heartbeat. 

I hope it works out for her.  The person that told me this expected an "I told you so" attitude out of me.  I can't do that.  Yes, she knew what she was getting in to, but she has a son to support and I really think she thought she was doing what was right for him.  It makes me sad more than anything.

Written By: Howard on 09/11/12 at 7:21 am

*&^%$(!@~%* Sinus headache.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Cat

feel better.

Written By: snozberries on 09/11/12 at 10:13 am

Thats too bad Dag.  :(

Written By: nally on 09/11/12 at 12:27 pm

I used to volunteer myself but I decided I wanted to have a paying job so I can focus on my future.

Well, that's nice and all... but for me, I just need more experience.

In fact, in the "go anywhere thread", I recently mentioned that I was seeking some additional volunteer opportunities. Yesterday I went to the library and met with the volunteer coordinator, who didn't mention any specific things for volunteers to do, but he had me fill out a "volunteer application" form, which he forwarded to the H.R. office, and they'll contact me sometime later this week. The guy also gave me his name and phone number so that I can contact him at the end of the week if I don't hear anything otherwise.

Written By: nally on 09/11/12 at 12:29 pm

Cat

:(

((((((((hugs)))))))

what Q said.

Written By: nally on 09/11/12 at 12:30 pm

agreed; sorry you had to deal with that kind of person.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/11/12 at 5:43 pm

That's life, though.  She burned her bridges.  I feel bad for both of them, but the first girl knew exactly what she was getting into. 

I have two new people starting this week.  One tomorrow and one Thursday.  The girl tomorrow doesn't get off of work until 6, my normal shift ends at 3.  I will be whiny and tired, but just have to remember the chant "pay the dang plumber" and that will get me through. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/12/12 at 2:10 am

That's life, though.  She burned her bridges.  I feel bad for both of them, but the first girl knew exactly what she was getting into. 

I have two new people starting this week.  One tomorrow and one Thursday.  The girl tomorrow doesn't get off of work until 6, my normal shift ends at 3.  I will be whiny and tired, but just have to remember the chant "pay the dang plumber" and that will get me through. ;D

Pay the plumber is a motivating chant.

Did the guy who was supposed to be emailed ever show up?

Written By: Dagwood on 09/12/12 at 7:04 am

Pay the plumber is a motivating chant.

Did the guy who was supposed to be emailed ever show up?

Nope.  He took a different job.  I didn't find out til yesterday because he emailed HR, who was out of town on Monday.  Oh well.  I have a girl starting today, which is going to make an 11 hour day for me (plumber, plumber, plumber) and one starting tomorrow.  Hopefully these guys are good and stick.

I still wish we could hire people from home.  You would be on the top of my list.

Written By: snozberries on 09/12/12 at 10:41 am

Nope.  He took a different job.  I didn't find out til yesterday because he emailed HR, who was out of town on Monday.  Oh well.  I have a girl starting today, which is going to make an 11 hour day for me (plumber, plumber, plumber) and one starting tomorrow.  Hopefully these guys are good and stick.

I still wish we could hire people from home.  You would be on the top of my list.

I wish you could too is never let you down :-)

Good luck with the new hires. I think I have one starting in Oct  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 09/12/12 at 7:24 pm

I wish you could too is never let you down :-)

Good luck with the new hires. I think I have one starting in Oct  :-\\

Todays lasted her entire shift and said she will be back tomorrow...woohoo!  And, to top it off, she has purple hair...I love it. ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/12/12 at 8:21 pm

Todays lasted her entire shift and said she will be back tomorrow...woohoo!  And, to top it off, she has purple hair...I love it. ;D

Glad it's working out so far.  I want purple hair.  I once had kind of a dusty rose hair, but would love to have something more dramatic, like purple.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/12/12 at 8:40 pm

Glad it's working out so far.  I want purple hair.  I once had kind of a dusty rose hair, but would love to have something more dramatic, like purple.

It's awesome.  When she came for her interview it was the same color as her shirt.  Most of the people in my room were impressed.  I love working in an office that doesn't have to deal with the public.  We don't have to be totally "normal"  Tats and piercings are no biggie. 

Written By: wildcard on 09/12/12 at 9:05 pm

heres my picture  two more times then I'll have to find another activity

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/Painting.jpg

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/13/12 at 12:30 am

That's very pretty Ann

Written By: snozberries on 09/13/12 at 1:11 am

That's fantastic! And you lasted the whole shift too! O0

Written By: snozberries on 09/13/12 at 1:11 am

I think you'd look great with purple hair Patty!  8)

Written By: snozberries on 09/13/12 at 1:13 am

That's fantastic Ann. Great detail in your work!

Written By: snozberries on 09/13/12 at 1:17 am

Last night of my vaca. Yesterday was the final event at Paley two panels Scandal & then the leads from The Neighbors & Malibu Country

Don't know if I mentioned I went to Extra Palooza on Monday. I'm pretty sure I was on tv. I dvr'd it so I'll find some screen shots. Will post more pics to fb tomorrow. Then I gotta figure out what to post here.

Tonight I went to a taping of mike & Molly. I love tgat cast so much. They embrace me everytime we meet.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/13/12 at 2:03 am

I think you'd look great with purple hair Patty!  8)

Thanks  :-*
My friend on FB tonight posted a pic of herself with some of that temporary spray color in her hair, and she looked great.  She has reddish brown hair and put magenta streaks in it.  I may have to try that, maybe for Halloween or something.  I've never been the "hey, look at me" kinda girl, so it would be a departure for me.  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 09/13/12 at 6:52 am

That's fantastic! And you lasted the whole shift too! O0

Well, kind of.  I chased her out an hour early.  It was a stressful day and by 5 I was wiped out. ;D

I did freak out my boss.  He walked into the room looking for something and I told him where it was.  He jumped sky high.  He isn't used to hearing my voice that late. :D

Written By: Howard on 09/13/12 at 7:18 am

that's very pretty Ann.

Written By: snozberries on 09/13/12 at 8:40 am

Well, kind of.  I chased her out an hour early.  It was a stressful day and by 5 I was wiped out. ;D

I did freak out my boss.  He walked into the room looking for something and I told him where it was.  He jumped sky high.  He isn't used to hearing my voice that late. :D

;D

When I work an I scheduled grave I come in in the middle of officers shifts.
They always come into the station after my first radio transmission. And are like 'What are you doing here ?!?". The next question is "How long ate you staying?!?". They hate working with one guy and most of the time he's the one relieving me if I don't work the full shift.  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/13/12 at 11:01 am

Wonderful painting. I think it is very good.

Cat

Written By: Goodogbadog on 09/13/12 at 1:19 pm

This is absolutely lovely!! So full of soul, so graceful!! 

What's the medium, water color? poster paints? (i don't know much about paint, lol)

What you mean, have to find another activity?  :)

Written By: karen on 09/13/12 at 2:00 pm

Yesterday was my 20th wedding anniversary.  Not that we did anything special to celebrate.  We've never really done that kind of thing.

Busy at work trying to learn loads of new stuff.  Good job I'm not squeamish - this week was rat dissection week for the older girls and I also had to chop up a chicken liver for a class.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/13/12 at 2:12 pm

Yesterday was my 20th wedding anniversary.  Not that we did anything special to celebrate.  We've never really done that kind of thing.

Congrats!

Busy at work trying to learn loads of new stuff.  Good job I'm not squeamish - this week was rat dissection week for the older girls and I also had to chop up a chicken liver for a class.

EWWWW. Not too sure if I would be able to do that or not.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/13/12 at 2:14 pm

Once again, my head feels like it is ready to explode. D@mn sinuses!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/13/12 at 2:15 pm

Happy anniversary Karen and Dai.  Much love to you both from us both.  :-*  Congratulations on such a fine achievement! (We're halfway there.  ;D :D )

Written By: snozberries on 09/13/12 at 3:26 pm

Happy belated anniversary!!!

Written By: wildcard on 09/13/12 at 6:44 pm

This is absolutely lovely!! So full of soul, so graceful!! 

What's the medium, water color? poster paints? (i don't know much about paint, lol)

What you mean, have to find another activity?  :)

this was my first oil painting. 

Next Tuesday will be the last day for art class and it's not going to be offered for a while.  I'll have to see what is offered and pick something to do.

Written By: Goodogbadog on 09/13/12 at 7:33 pm

this was my first oil painting. 

Next Tuesday will be the last day for art class and it's not going to be offered for a while.  I'll have to see what is offered and pick something to do.

Not going to keep painting????

How did you feel when you painted that beautiful butterfly??  as you were painting it. after you finished...  and now.....  ?

Written By: Howard on 09/13/12 at 7:40 pm

Happy Anniversary Karen.  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/13/12 at 7:41 pm

Once again, my head feels like it is ready to explode. D@mn sinuses!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Cat

feel better.

Written By: wildcard on 09/13/12 at 10:07 pm

Not going to keep painting????

How did you feel when you painted that beautiful butterfly??  as you were painting it. after you finished...  and now.....  ?

I could paint at home with the water colors I have if I want to, there just wont be a class for a while.  Painting is just painting to me.  Maybe because it seemed like a certain someone with certain behaviours was always trying to force me to paint.  It didn't feel like I was being forced in the class.

No painting compares to walking up to a group of male buckeye butterflies, offering one of them your finger, and havinghim climb up onto your hand.  I think that's why I chose to paint the buckeye. 

Written By: snozberries on 09/13/12 at 10:31 pm

I could paint at home with the water colors I have if I want to, there just wont be a class for a while.  Painting is just painting to me.  Maybe because it seemed like a certain someone with certain behaviours was always trying to force me to paint.  It didn't feel like I was being forced in the class.

No painting compares to walking up to a group of male buckeye butterflies, offering one of them your finger, and havinghim climb up onto your hand.  I think that's why I chose to paint the buckeye.

I know that person annoyed you with the nagging about painting but I can see why she did that.  You have a talent....it's a rare gift and it would be a shame to let something you do go by the wayside because of your relationship with your mother... you should paint for yourself but only if you enjoy it.....but I hope you find some enjoyment out of it because you're seriously good and I'm really jealous right now  :D 

Written By: warped on 09/14/12 at 6:40 am

I know that person annoyed you with the nagging about painting but I can see why she did that.  You have a talent....it's a rare gift and it would be a shame to let something you do go by the wayside because of your relationship with your mother... you should paint for yourself but only if you enjoy it.....but I hope you find some enjoyment out of it because you're seriously good and I'm really jealous right now  :D

To wildcard...what snoz said. You have a talent, a rare gift. I hope you recognize that. The butterfly is beautiful.

Written By: wildcard on 09/14/12 at 11:07 am

I know of the gift God may have given me.   

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/14/12 at 11:32 am

What she said. Ann, you do have a wonderful talent.

Carlos also paints. He has many of his paintings around the house-but since I moved in with him, he never painted. UNTIL last year. He started painted in Puerto Rico and one day, I found a $5 easel at a yard sale. I thought if I got him the easel, it would encourage him. (Of course he had to go to Michael's and spend about $60 in supplies.  :D ;D ;D ;D ) but, he started painting again.

I am a firm believer that EVERYONE needs some of creativity, whether it be painting, dancing, gardening, etc. My creativity is my photography (mainly because I don't dance like I used to).

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 09/14/12 at 9:55 pm

I know I have a talent and I understand the nagging, I just don't why she wanted me to feel like hating her guts.  She must have gotten real hurt and her mind beyond really screwed up.

Written By: warped on 09/14/12 at 9:57 pm

I know I have a talent and I understand the nagging, I just don't why she wanted me to feel like hating her guts.  She must have gotten real hurt and her mind beyond really screwed up.

Are you able to separate the talent you have from painting, and not have it remind you of your mom and bad things in general. I know it's not easy, but can you do it?  Can you find some enjoyment from painting?

Written By: wildcard on 09/14/12 at 10:46 pm

Are you able to separate the talent you have from painting, and not have it remind you of your mom and bad things in general. I know it's not easy, but can you do it?  Can you find some enjoyment from painting?

when I'm in a class I and around other people.  I took my picture home and next year I may have the opertunity to display my picture in an art show.  Mom wants me to sign it and all so it can be put in the art show.  If I do get it ready for the show, I'm not doing it for her.

Written By: snozberries on 09/14/12 at 10:47 pm

when I'm in a class I and around other people.  I took my picture home and next year I may have the opertunity to display my picture in an art show.  Mom wants me to sign it and all so it can be put in the art show.  If I do get it ready for the show, I'm not doing it for her.

you wouldn't be doing it for her...you'd be doing it for yourself... all artists sign their work... I signed mine!  (even tho it sucked! :D )

Written By: wildcard on 09/14/12 at 10:54 pm

you wouldn't be doing it for her...you'd be doing it for yourself... all artists sign their work... I signed mine!  (even tho it sucked! :D )

I didn't want to sign it for some reason though when I was at the class or I could have just done it.

Written By: snozberries on 09/14/12 at 11:04 pm

I didn't want to sign it for some reason though when I was at the class or I could have just done it.

that's your prerogative I suppose....

Written By: wildcard on 09/14/12 at 11:24 pm

that's your prerogative I suppose....

maybe I just don't feel like an artist and or wonder why artists sign things .  Autographs just aren't my thing.

Written By: snozberries on 09/14/12 at 11:34 pm

maybe I just don't feel like an artist and or wonder why artists sign things .  Autographs just aren't my thing.

Its more about getting credit for your creation....

Written By: wildcard on 09/15/12 at 12:05 am

I know  I'm just weird for some reason.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/15/12 at 9:50 am

I am exhausted.  10 hour days at work, pile driving, loud, dirty, noisy,  and I am just counting the days until the job is OVER.  Probably one more week, two at the most, then talk to the people in the pension office. I've had enough.  8-P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/15/12 at 11:00 am

It doesn't HAVE to be an autograph. You can create something that basically says it is yours. When I was a teen, my work had my first initial and my last name. Then it was just my first name-and it was printed. I knew someone who used something like a circle with lines coming out of it.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 09/15/12 at 11:13 am

It doesn't HAVE to be an autograph. You can create something that basically says it is yours. When I was a teen, my work had my first initial and my last name. Then it was just my first name-and it was printed. I knew someone who used something like a circle with lines coming out of it.

Cat

I know and you know what?  I just painted a butterfly and I believe the butterfly God's creation and want to give him the credit even though I painted the picture.  I think He gave me the ability to do paint too.  If I sign it I need some sort of symbol to show I'm giving credit to God.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/15/12 at 1:48 pm

Apple Fest today in the park. They are selling the same stuff. I bought a couple pairs of earrings & a necklace. Then we went over to the library for their sale. Bought a bunch of books.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 09/15/12 at 2:47 pm

Just got home from work.  4 hours of overtime.  Plumber plumber plumber

Written By: Howard on 09/15/12 at 3:53 pm

I am exhausted.  10 hour days at work, pile driving, loud, dirty, noisy,  and I am just counting the days until the job is OVER.  Probably one more week, two at the most, then talk to the people in the pension office. I've had enough.  8-P

time to take your break?

Written By: danootaandme on 09/15/12 at 6:11 pm

So today we got in the car and did some antiquing in Maine and stopped at a roadside stand for lunch.  Perfect fall day in perfect fall weather.  I love New England.    :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/15/12 at 6:22 pm

So today we got in the car and did some antiquing in Maine and stopped at a roadside stand for lunch.  Perfect fall day in perfect fall weather.  I love New England.    :)

Me, too.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 09/15/12 at 11:50 pm

today I watched two movies and some tv shows that I'd recorded while in LA...
then I went to work for my scheduled shift from 1700 - 0300  (I was supposed to work 2130 - 0730 but another dispatcher agreed to trade with me)

unfortunately... about 15 mins after I started my shift the guy walked in... he forgot we traded...
I was going to send him home and make him come back but he already looked like shyt so I told him to stay and I went home...

watched about 3.5 hours of TV cuz I couldn't sleep then came back in... now I'm back at work.

he's got a hacking cough and I'm trying to convince him to go home cuz I can't afford to get sick this week...

wish me luck... also...wish me luck that I can stay awake until 0730!  :-\\

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/16/12 at 2:13 am

I know and you know what?  I just painted a butterfly and I believe the butterfly God's creation and want to give him the credit even though I painted the picture.  I think He gave me the ability to do paint too.  If I sign it I need some sort of symbol to show I'm giving credit to God.
A cross????  With your unique twist in it... Rays eminatting off of it to show his glory or with a sun shining behind it...  It is your symbol!  Create it and let it be part of your picture!

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/16/12 at 2:16 am

then I went to work for my scheduled shift from 1700 - 0300  (I was supposed to work 2130 - 0730 but another dispatcher agreed to trade with me)

unfortunately... about 15 mins after I started my shift the guy walked in... he forgot we traded...
I was going to send him home and make him come back but he already looked like shyt so I told him to stay and I went home...

watched about 3.5 hours of TV cuz I couldn't sleep then came back in... now I'm back at work.

he's got a hacking cough and I'm trying to convince him to go home cuz I can't afford to get sick this week...

lucky fOr you I can't seem to sleep!

Written By: snozberries on 09/16/12 at 2:40 am

lucky fOr you I can't seem to sleep!

sorry for you but yay for me... unfortunately the cough fest continues.
  ::)

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/16/12 at 3:00 am

sorry for you but yay for me... unfortunately the cough fest continues.
  ::)
Lysol and hand sanitizer!!!!  Start the fruits and juice infusion now (I swear by th "naked" fruit smoothie drinks...  The green one is packed full of vitamin c)! 

Written By: snozberries on 09/16/12 at 4:15 am

Lysol and hand sanitizer!!!!  Start the fruits and juice infusion now (I swear by th "naked" fruit smoothie drinks...  The green one is packed full of vitamin c)!

I will probably pic one up on the way home... I'm sure it's just the power of suggestion but I totally feel a lump in my throat and it's very sore. 

I was planning on drinking to leaded cold medicine. I got some when I thought I was getting sick again but got better before I could open it.

I cannot afford to get sick... my walk is on Sat (and sunday)  and I need my sick leave because it looks like I might have to go to AZ soon  :-\\   

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/16/12 at 8:03 am

I will probably pic one up on the way home... I'm sure it's just the power of suggestion but I totally feel a lump in my throat and it's very sore. 

I was planning on drinking to leaded cold medicine. I got some when I thought I was getting sick again but got better before I could open it.

I cannot afford to get sick... my walk is on Sat (and sunday)  and I need my sick leave because it looks like I might have to go to AZ soon  :-\\ 
Prayers to your dad!  Good karma and thoughts to you on both counts!

Written By: snozberries on 09/16/12 at 8:57 am

Prayers to your dad!  Good karma and thoughts to you on both counts!

well phrased... and thanks!

Written By: Dagwood on 09/16/12 at 9:00 am

A cross????  With your unique twist in it... Rays eminatting off of it to show his glory or with a sun shining behind it...  It is your symbol!  Create it and let it be part of your picture!

Great idea. :)

{{hugs}} 

Written By: snozberries on 09/16/12 at 9:09 am

{{hugs}}

thanks... I'm sort of hoping he hangs (or improves) by 1st week of october...it's all so much less hectic by then. We'll see... he's gone to the brink so many times before and came back each time...maybe we can cheat it one more time.

This going to sound totally selfish but whatevs... I'm glad he didn't die while I was in LA... I know I needed to go to AZ, my mom was in a bad place but I was also between a rock and a hard place...had the time off planned for months... and I had a friend flying in from Montreal. He was staying with my friend in burbank...it would've been weird to say hey Michelle I'm not coming after all but I'm going to have some guy you barely know live with you for two weeks and um can you help him get around town since I wont be there to drive him as planned.... he couldn't afford a hotel and his plane tix were non refundable and I had a great time in spite of how sick my dad was.  I was going to go after I was done in LA but my mom said not to - she was hurt by my choice and I get that...maybe my dad was too but he was glad I was able to have a good time.  :-\\ 

I told my mom I'd go after the walk next weekend...last week it was I don't know if he has that long this week it's he's a little stronger so let's wait and see... I think, regardless of how he's doing I'm going the first week of October....just in case.

probably should've posted all that in the ailing family thread.  ::)

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/16/12 at 10:32 am

well phrased... and thanks!
I erred first and realized it as soon as I hit post!  I do respect your beliefs, I just cannot get past mine  ;)  So I corrected!  Loves!

Written By: snozberries on 09/16/12 at 11:10 am

I erred first and realized it as soon as I hit post!  I do respect your beliefs, I just cannot get past mine  ;)  So I corrected!  Loves!

Loves back!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/12 at 11:40 am

(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

I totally know what you are going through. We aren't going to visit my mother today which I feel a bit guilty about. But, it is a LONG haul and Carlos is just tired of driving it every week.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/16/12 at 6:21 pm

Good Luck. :)

Written By: Dagwood on 09/16/12 at 8:26 pm

Went to a movie and lunch with my mom and Sarah today.  We saw Men In Black III (Do I dare admit it made me cry? ;D )  Then we ate at The Olive Garden.

It was an awesome afternoon.

Written By: nally on 09/16/12 at 10:53 pm

So today I went to the Dodger baseball game. We had received tickets (from someone who my dad works for, who knows the O'Malley family, the team's former owners) to the special "stadium club" level, where we were seated in a special "suite", with comfortable seats, on the first-base side of the field, so we could see the action pretty well. Other people who sat in our suite included the living descendants of Walter O'Malley (I didn't catch all their names, but I did see the guest list) and others, including a couple of nice young ladies who I got to talk with. We stayed until the game ended; it ran 12 innings and the Dodgers ended up losing, 5-2, but we had a good time nonetheless. :)

Written By: Dagwood on 09/17/12 at 5:54 pm

Sounds like fun, Jeff.

Written By: warped on 09/17/12 at 8:31 pm

So today I went to the Dodger baseball game. We had received tickets (from someone who my dad works for, who knows the O'Malley family, the team's former owners) to the special "stadium club" level, where we were seated in a special "suite", with comfortable seats, on the first-base side of the field, so we could see the action pretty well. Other people who sat in our suite included the living descendants of Walter O'Malley (I didn't catch all their names, but I did see the guest list) and others, including a couple of nice young ladies who I got to talk with. We stayed until the game ended; it ran 12 innings and the Dodgers ended up losing, 5-2, but we had a good time nonetheless. :)

I watched part of the game. Glad you had a good time.

Written By: nally on 09/17/12 at 8:32 pm

Sounds like fun, Jeff.

I watched part of the game. Glad you had a good time.

Thank you both. :) In addition, I managed to take a few pictures. Might share 'em later in the week.

Written By: warped on 09/17/12 at 8:36 pm

Thank you both. :) In addition, I managed to take a few pictures. Might share 'em later in the week.

Great, I'd like to see them.

Written By: nally on 09/17/12 at 8:39 pm

Great, I'd like to see them.

I plan to upload them to my Facebook account either tonight or tomorrow, and then I'll share 'em on here.

The pics I took include a zoom-in shot of the pressbox, a zoom-in shot of action on the field, and one shot of some of the people who sat with us in our "club suite."

Written By: warped on 09/17/12 at 8:42 pm

I plan to upload them to my Facebook account either tonight or tomorrow, and then I'll share 'em on here.

The pics I took include a zoom-in shot of the pressbox, a zoom-in shot of action on the field, and one shot of some of the people who sat with us in our "club suite."

Excellent.  I had a great day today as well. Got lots of stuff accomplished.  Talked to my friend who turns 50 today  :o.

Written By: nally on 09/17/12 at 8:47 pm

Excellent.  I had a great day today as well. Got lots of stuff accomplished.

Glad to hear that! I got some stuff accomplished as well; I've started to make a list of stuff I plan to do during a day, and it's really helped me. Today, that included looking for more places to do volunteer work, as I continue to find places to work.

Talked to my friend who turns 50 today  :o.

Happy birthday to your friend.
My mom has a cousin who turns 50 next Sunday...

Written By: wildcard on 09/18/12 at 12:41 am

My mom just reminded me that I need some lab work done some time around now so I agreed to take care of it tomorrow.  Water only, staying awake as long as I can so sleeping doesn't burn all my energy.

Written By: Howard on 09/18/12 at 7:24 am

Excellent.  I had a great day today as well. Got lots of stuff accomplished.  Talked to my friend who turns 50 today  :o.

Happy Birthday to your friend.

Written By: meesa on 09/18/12 at 9:20 am

It is a beautiful sunny (but not hot) day, Autumn is approaching, and I am trying to catch up duties after being away from my desk for a couple of weeks. Good thing I don't have windows..I would want to be out there!  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/18/12 at 10:39 am

Gonna wash that grey right out of my hair.
Getting my hair done.

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/18/12 at 1:18 pm

Today...not a whole lot going on for me, except still looking for more work opportunities; this includes volunteer positions as well. Next week I will be meeting with someone at the library, as I have made an application to volunteer there.

Written By: Howard on 09/18/12 at 2:33 pm

Today...not a whole lot going on for me, except still looking for more work opportunities; this includes volunteer positions as well. Next week I will be meeting with someone at the library, as I have made an application to volunteer there.

hope it works out.

Written By: nally on 09/18/12 at 2:40 pm

hope it works out.

Thanks. I was initially penciled in for this Thursday, but yesterday I received a phone call from them telling me that they wouldn't be able to see me that day, so they had to reschedule me for next week because that's the earliest time they had available.

Written By: wildcard on 09/18/12 at 3:20 pm

yay I got stabbed and got to eat lunch.  I get to go to my last art class tonight.

Written By: nally on 09/18/12 at 10:57 pm

I get to go to my last art class tonight.

Hope you have fun with that.

Tomorrow I plan to be busy...

Written By: Goodogbadog on 09/19/12 at 6:16 pm

yay I got stabbed and got to eat lunch.  I get to go to my last art class tonight.

Hiya, I just read this thread from the point I last posted about your lovely butterfly painting. I know what you mean about your mother screwing up your love of painting, I've done that with my kids a little, you know, you don't want them to hate what they are good at, that's not why you "nag" as a mother, but you want so much for your kids to be happy. Plus your kids are YOU when you are a mom, and when they are happy then you are happy, too!!  A lot of people are pushy, and when you are a pushy mom, it can bother your kids.  But that wasn't your intention.  My mother didn't push me at all. She wasn't even that interested! when I was a child!! 

My thought is that the MORE you paint, the less it will remind you of your mom, and the more it will be just you, expressing your soul.  Just you, and your soul, which is God, (or part of) so, here's my suggestion, because you are connected with God... at the beginning now, to make the transition between painting being about your Mom and painting being about you and your soul/God, and your gifts to humanity... (your paintings)  if the thought of your mom comes into your mind while you are painting, just gently turn your thoughts into a prayer to God. Stay with the beauty of the painting, and pray, and that whole childhood thing about your mom will disappear (until the next time, lol!)  Change is hardly ever instantaneous; it usually evolves. So I hope you get to paint in this lifetime and not let your mom's enthusiasm drive you away from it.  :)

And MAYbe as you live in the world of artistic expression, you will find a favorite medium, or a way of painting that you can feel is truly yours.  In the growing up process, we do leave our parents behind, as far as IDENTITY goes.
even while we continue to love them.

Written By: wildcard on 09/19/12 at 7:06 pm

On the last day of my art class I painted it around the side and signed it GL  God's Love.  This morning my mom asked me if I signed my picture. Um,  observant.  Why would she not look at my painting but find it so important to be signed?  Makes me wonder if she really cares about painting.  Is this some sort of I have to accomplish something she wants me to accomplish so she can feel good about herself? See I couldn't enter my painting in their exhibit because I'm a beginner.  I could enter it next year if it were framed and signed.  Whatever. 

Written By: nally on 09/20/12 at 11:24 am

So today, we are supposed to get our new microwave oven delivered to our home. We've been without one since last week, when it just stopped heating things up...and could not be repaired. Hopefully the new one will do its job.

Written By: Tam on 09/20/12 at 1:20 pm

Are you brave enough?

^ Zombie Avatar Contest!!!!

Written By: wildcard on 09/20/12 at 1:52 pm

How ya doin Tam?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/20/12 at 2:41 pm

Went to our booth today to put out new inventory. There was a woman who was interested in our stuff but didn't want to pay much for anything. She bought 2 items and yeah, we went WAY down on our asking price. One was a doll that we had the price of $50 (plus a 20% off that we have on ALL our items) and we negotiated and she ended up paying $25 (with no discount). She said, "I don't know how much you paid for it." I didn't want to tell her $10 with a bunch of other dolls so I just told her, "I don't remember." I have some mixed feelings-yeah it was great to sell two items but not so great on the prices we got for them. But, it was a profit.

Cat

Written By: Goodogbadog on 09/20/12 at 3:52 pm

So today, we are supposed to get our new microwave oven delivered to our home. We've been without one since last week, when it just stopped heating things up...and could not be repaired. Hopefully the new one will do its job.

I'll never forget my earthy crunchy sister-in-law saying she was against microwave ovens because when people were through with them, they would get into the land-fills and leak radiation.  So watch out for that radiation leaking out of your defunct microwave!  You might get cancer or grow another ear!    :D

Written By: karen on 09/20/12 at 4:28 pm

Busy at work, still getting to grips with things.  It's hard on the legs, I only get to sit down at my break times.

Going away this weekend to stay with a group of friends at a youth hostel.  We will do a longish walk on Saturday so I hope the weather holds.  On Sunday I am heading back early with my friend Jean.  We are going to another friends 80th birthday trip on the canal boat.  This is with my Morris Dancing ladies.  Dai and the children will stay and do a shorter walk and then bring Jean's husband back.

Written By: snozberries on 09/20/12 at 4:52 pm

Have fun Karen.

Guess who else is taking a longish walk on sat & sun  ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/20/12 at 4:58 pm

That's good that at least you made some profit, Cat.  Hard to do in these economic times.

Good luck on your walks karen and Q! 

I might walk from the living room to the bathroom a few times, but not planning on much else since I've been sick for about two weeks now.  At least I now have antibiotics to consume.  I still feel like I've been run over and backed up and run over again by Al B in his truck.  lol  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/21/12 at 7:55 am

Have fun Karen.

enjoy the walk.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/12 at 7:58 am

That's good that at least you made some profit, Cat.  Hard to do in these economic times.

Good luck on your walks karen and Q! 

I might walk from the living room to the bathroom a few times, but not planning on much else since I've been sick for about two weeks now.  At least I now have antibiotics to consume.  I still feel like I've been run over and backed up and run over again by Al B in his truck.  lol  ;D

hope you feel better.

Written By: Henk on 09/21/12 at 8:27 am

I thought he was a piano player in a whorehouse...? :-\\

;D :D

Seriously... get well soon everyone! :)

Written By: nally on 09/21/12 at 11:00 am

Well, we ended up not getting it installed; details in another thread. In short, we sent it back, got a refund, and ordered a different one from a different store and will have to be without one for another three weeks.

Written By: wildcard on 09/21/12 at 11:43 am

I was finally at the dinner table with both my mom and dad and I think some garden work is going to start.  Just ground leveling and some little wood squares to keep the direct sun off the roots of the plants.  I'm not going to have sun light in my garden though and wont see it again until March.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/21/12 at 7:46 pm

Worked 10 hours but since it's Friday I figured at least it is the weekend.  At 6 o'clock we stopped, on the way out I said "see you Monday" and the foreman said...

"uh oh... didn't I tell you?  We are working tomorrow" 

"WHAT!!!!  MY RIG!  WHAT"

"I'm sorry, I got so busy I forgot"

oooooooooohhhhhh I could have beaten him.  >:(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/21/12 at 8:09 pm

Long day but a nice one. Went up north to visit with Step-Son, his wife, Grandson & Granddaughter #5. Unfortunately, Granddaughter had belly issues so when she wasn't sleeping, she was on the cranky side-spitting up, etc.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  We took a LONG walk. (Got a lot of exercise). We went to dinner at a really nice Mexican restaurant called El Gato.  ;D ;D ;D  I saw the waitstaff wearing tee shirts and asked if they sold them. Sure enough. So I got an El Gato shirt that on the back it says, "The cat is in the house."  ;D ;D ;D  We drove back to the kids house. My Step-Daughter was home so we stopped in to say hello & good-bye. Come to find out she was off today and she could have gone with us to dinner.  :-\\  Oh well. Next time.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 09/21/12 at 9:34 pm

I wont be here tomorrow  I'm going to be at this camp of Brain tumor survivors seeing if I can help out.  One day volunteer tryout and maybe all day if we decide to stay and I'm not cause more problems then helping  ???  Think I'll be fine.

Written By: snozberries on 09/22/12 at 12:18 am

That sucks Danoot!

That shirt sounds awesome Cat

Good luck tomorrow Ann.

Written By: Henk on 09/22/12 at 2:00 am

That sucks Danoot!

That shirt sounds awesome Cat

Good luck tomorrow Ann.

I second that.

Of course, we wanna see some pictures of that shirt - preferrably you wearing it!

Written By: snozberries on 09/22/12 at 7:09 am

I second that.

Of course, we wanna see some pictures of that shirt - preferrably you wearing it!

And I second tgat! O0

Written By: snozberries on 09/22/12 at 7:09 am

Leaving in 15 mins for you know what.....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/22/12 at 9:46 am

I wont be here tomorrow  I'm going to be at this camp of Brain tumor survivors seeing if I can help out.  One day volunteer tryout and maybe all day if we decide to stay and I'm not cause more problems then helping  ???  Think I'll be fine.

Sounds really good.

Leaving in 15 mins for you know what.....

You are in my thoughts. I know you are going to do great!

I second that.

I'll see what I can do.  ;)  (But it won't be a few days before I can accommodate you. )

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/22/12 at 12:27 pm

Sounds like a cute shirt Cat.

Good luck in your walk Q.  I have another friend (in Alabama) who is doing a walk today (and tomorrow) so I can only assume that it is for the same cause.  We are very proud of you for no matter how far you walk, just for trying!  I'm sure you'll do great.

Ann, I hope it works out for you, it sounds like a good opportunity for you to be social

Written By: nally on 09/22/12 at 1:50 pm

Busy at work, still getting to grips with things.  It's hard on the legs, I only get to sit down at my break times.

Going away this weekend to stay with a group of friends at a youth hostel.  We will do a longish walk on Saturday so I hope the weather holds.  On Sunday I am heading back early with my friend Jean.  We are going to another friends 80th birthday trip on the canal boat.  This is with my Morris Dancing ladies.  Dai and the children will stay and do a shorter walk and then bring Jean's husband back.

Have fun Karen.

Good luck to the both of you!

Written By: Howard on 09/22/12 at 4:12 pm

Worked 10 hours but since it's Friday I figured at least it is the weekend.  At 6 o'clock we stopped, on the way out I said "see you Monday" and the foreman said...

"uh oh... didn't I tell you?  We are working tomorrow" 

"WHAT!!!!  MY RIG!  WHAT"

"I'm sorry, I got so busy I forgot"

oooooooooohhhhhh I could have beaten him.  >:(

There goes your time off. :(

Written By: Howard on 09/22/12 at 4:13 pm

enjoy your day.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/22/12 at 7:04 pm

That sucks Danoot!

I second that.

Thanks...I made it through the day but it was awful.  Now I am safely ensconced at home in my easy chair, Sunday off  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 09/22/12 at 9:07 pm

You are in my thoughts. I know you are going to do great!

Cat

Good luck in your walk Q.  I have another friend (in Alabama) who is doing a walk today (and tomorrow) so I can only assume that it is for the same cause.  We are very proud of you for no matter how far you walk, just for trying!  I'm sure you'll do great.

Good luck to the both of you!

THANKS!!!  :-*

I had a good day.  Had to walk approx .5 mi from parking to the start. I started my gps .25 mile too soon so my gps was off from the mile markers I took pics at

At mile 3 tribbles & her bf came to see me & walked a mile with me. At mile 13.3 my friend the detective (for another agency- we were college students together) and his wife (also my friend) came to see me. They brought me subway because lunch was ham & Swiss  8-P

They walked two miles with me. 

I was dying at that point so I stopped at mike marker 15. (but I had more walking to do around the final stop )

We got fed dinner....NO CHEESE!!!!  8)

Then I took a bus back to my car.  All in all I walked just over 17 miles today. O0 

My legs & feet hurt and my laptop doesn't want go wireless. 

I'll post pics on Tuesday....unless I get the laptop working Monday.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/22/12 at 10:10 pm

That's absolutely fantastic Q!  You are Wonder Woman

Written By: danootaandme on 09/23/12 at 4:27 am

I had a good day.  Had to walk approx .5 mi from parking to the start. I started my gps .25 mile too soon so my gps was off from the mile markers I took pics at

At mile 3 tribbles & her bf came to see me & walked a mile with me. At mile 13.3 my friend the detective (for another agency- we were college students together) and his wife (also my friend) came to see me. They brought me subway because lunch was ham & Swiss  8-P

I was dying at that point so I stopped at mike marker 15. (but I had more walking to do around the final stop )

Then I took a bus back to my car.  All in all I walked just over 17 miles today. O0 

Fantastic!    It would take me 15 days to walk 15 miles. 

Written By: snozberries on 09/23/12 at 6:28 am

That's absolutely fantastic Q!  You are Wonder Woman

:)

Fantastic!    It would take me 15 days to walk 15 miles. 

;D

Thanks here I go for round two.  Please note its 0430 in the freaking am. Gotta get there by 515

Written By: warped on 09/23/12 at 6:39 am

:)

;D

Thanks here I go for round two.  Please note its 0430 in the freaking am. Gotta get there by 515

Great job walking 17 miles yesterday. More for today? Go for it & good luck.
Most I ever walked in 1 day was about 14 or 15 km's (about 8 miles).  My feet hurt, was very tired, I sorta looked like your zombie penguin avatar.

Written By: Howard on 09/23/12 at 7:20 am

sounds like you had a great day.

Written By: wildcard on 09/23/12 at 10:42 am

I'm back, but with xery sour eyes and am wearing sunglasses right now.  I'll come back when my eyes have rested.

Written By: snozberries on 09/23/12 at 7:47 pm

Great job walking 17 miles yesterday. More for today? Go for it & good luck.
Most I ever walked in 1 day was about 14 or 15 km's (about 8 miles).  My feet hurt, was very tired, I sorta looked like your zombie penguin avatar.

;D

I did 13.1 today. I started and finished today!!!!
It was 10x more grueling than yesterday. 
There were moments where all I could do is focus on putting one foot in front of the other because I would fall if I stopped.

I had a hard times with curbs.  Around mile 6 there was a particular high curb and I stopped stood there and started crying.  The woman next to me said lets just go in the street but I said now bit my lip and raised my leg in agony.

I didn't get to sit down until mile 9.34 (cept for a bathroom break at mile 2 mile 7) because it seemed every time I was at a rest stop all the chairs were taken and I would not have gotten up if I sat on he ground.

I was the lasts walker to make it to lunch (mile 10.14) but I ate fast so I was not the last walker to he finish line.  I think 20 ppl finished behind me.

Everyone checked on me as they passed.  (remember when I said I was the last to lunch? I started practically first. Top 40 or less out the gate.  Everyone... And I. Mean everyone passed me to.  An 80 yr old woman with a limp....a chick with one leg. People in wheelchairs.  But I kept plugging along.  I was exhausted.  And sooooo glad I did it.

I totally signed up to do it again next year.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/23/12 at 8:02 pm

;D

There were moments where all I could do is focus on putting one foot in front of the other because I would fall if I stopped.

I had a hard times with curbs.  Around mile 6 there was a particular high curb and I stopped stood there and started crying.  The woman next to me said lets just go in the street but I said now bit my lip and raised my leg in agony.

I didn't get to sit down until mile 9.34 (cept for a bathroom break at mile 2 mile 7) because it seemed every time I was at a rest stop all the chairs were taken and I would not have gotten up if I sat on he ground.

I was the lasts walker to make it to lunch (mile 10.14) but I ate fast so I was not the last walker to he finish line.  I think 20 ppl finished behind me.

Everyone checked on me as they passed.  (remember when I said I was the last to lunch? I started practically first. Top 40 or less out the gate.  Everyone... And I. Mean everyone passed me to.  An 80 yr old woman with a limp....a chick with one leg. People in wheelchairs.  But I kept plugging along.  I was exhausted.  And sooooo glad I did it.

Way cool, My Friend. I'm so proud of you.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/23/12 at 8:05 pm

Went to visit Ma today. We took the "scenic route" home for a change. Actually, our usual route is scenic too, but today we went into Massachusetts for a short bit. It wasn't TOO much out of the way.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 09/23/12 at 8:30 pm

Way cool, My Friend. I'm so proud of you.

Cat

Thank you!

Written By: snozberries on 09/23/12 at 8:31 pm

Went to visit Ma today. We took the "scenic route" home for a change. Actually, our usual route is scenic too, but today we went into Massachusetts for a short bit. It wasn't TOO much out of the way.

Cat

Good plan!  :)

Written By: warped on 09/23/12 at 8:54 pm

;D

But I kept plugging along.  I was exhausted.  And sooooo glad I did it.

O0

Written By: Dagwood on 09/23/12 at 9:51 pm

;D

Awesome!  You are my hero.  So proud of you...it sounds tough.

Written By: snozberries on 09/23/12 at 9:52 pm

O0

8)

Awesome!  You are my hero.  So proud of you...it sounds tough.

IT WAS!!!! THANKS!!!

Written By: nally on 09/23/12 at 11:24 pm

;D

I am so proud of you, Q; way to go!! 8) O0

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/12 at 1:31 am

I am so proud of you, Q; way to go!! 8) O0

thanks Jeff  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/24/12 at 7:23 am

;D

that's wonderful.

Written By: Henk on 09/24/12 at 8:43 am

;D

That's 30 miles in 2 days...? Pfft! I can do that too. ...By car.  ;D

Seriously: I'm totally and utterly in awe. I don't think I could ever make it. Karma to you, and good luck for next year!

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/12 at 10:26 am

that's wonderful.

Thx

That's 30 miles in 2 days...? Pfft! I can do that too. ...By car.  ;D

Seriously: I'm totally and utterly in awe. I don't think I could ever make it. Karma to you, and good luck for next year!

;D

I used to say that.  We walked past so many places I always drive to!!!!

Thanks.  At least I have longer to train.  And now I know what I've signed up for.

Btw. How far is that in kms?

Written By: wildcard on 09/24/12 at 10:28 am

okay I'm back  now lets see if I can figure how to edit and save pictures on this computer or if I might need to do it on another.

Written By: karen on 09/24/12 at 11:17 am

Well done Q

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/12 at 11:53 am

Well done Q

Thank you. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/24/12 at 4:34 pm

How far is that in kms?

Sounds even further in kilometres

48.28032 k = 30 miles

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/12 at 4:55 pm

Sounds even further in kilometres

48.28032 k = 30 miles

YEA!!!! I'm totally claiming that!

thanks for looking...too lazy to do it myself  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/24/12 at 5:02 pm

YEA!!!! I'm totally claiming that!

thanks for looking...too lazy to do it myself  :)

Yeah, well I didn't just walk 48.28032 kilometers, so I have the time (or energy).  Are you hurting today or do you feel alright?  Did anybody push you to wear pink? 

Written By: wildcard on 09/24/12 at 5:07 pm

I volunteered, but they didn't assign me a table or anything this first time.  I just got to do the things they let the volunteers do.  We went on a small nature hike and did some small art projects between meals.  Like I thought, this would be helpful to my parents to talk with other parents that have kids with tumors.

Written By: snozberries on 09/25/12 at 5:21 pm

UCSB was ranked number 7 on Princeton's top 20 list of Party Schools  ::) 
sounds like Halloween is gonna go off again this year...  >:(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/25/12 at 5:38 pm

UVM was voted 1st on that list not too long ago. I think they cleaned up their act so they are no longer on the list (at least not this year).

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 09/25/12 at 6:06 pm

came back from a dentist appointment and shopping at Target. 

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/25/12 at 8:23 pm

Well on the plus side... Job security  (and more hours=$'s for you)

OR

you could sit in your house with the lights off complaining about why the kids want candy....  ;)

I forgot to add - the University of Iowa (a mere 45 minutes away, and where we typically go shopping) is number 2 on Princeton's list  :D

O0

Written By: snozberries on 09/25/12 at 9:21 pm

Well on the plus side... Job security  (and more hours=$'s for you)

OR

you could sit in your house with the lights off complaining about why the kids want candy....  ;)

I forgot to add - the University of Iowa (a mere 45 minutes away, and where we typically go shopping) is number 2 on Princeton's list  :D

O0

Good points. 

Way to make the list!  Speaking of shopping....it's almost October is your Costco built yet? Will you finally get some pumpkin pie?

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/26/12 at 6:54 am

Good points. 

Way to make the list!  Speaking of shopping....it's almost October is your Costco built yet? Will you finally get some pumpkin pie?
Yes Costco is built (you don't remember my post about finally having a Costco dog?).  I saw pumpkin pies in there last week, but I did not get one as we were not going to be home...  Thought of you though.  8)

Written By: Howard on 09/26/12 at 8:21 am

you could sit in your house with the lights off complaining about why the kids want candy....

or just don't give them any candy at all.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/26/12 at 10:30 am

Auction tonight!

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/12 at 10:50 am

Yes Costco is built (you don't remember my post about finally having a Costco dog?).  I saw pumpkin pies in there last week, but I did not get one as we were not going to be home...  Thought of you though.  8)

I vaguely remember yaying you for that  (but not until you just mentioned it)...

Okay I'm anxiously awaiting your verdict...

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/12 at 10:51 am

typically sitting in the house with lights off is so you don't have to give them any candy....the complaining about it is the special part  :P

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/12 at 10:51 am

Auction tonight!

Cat

good luck

Written By: Howard on 09/26/12 at 1:33 pm

typically sitting in the house with lights off is so you don't have to give them any candy....the complaining about it is the special part  :P

That's what My Father does, just keep the house quiet up until a certain time.

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/12 at 1:44 pm

we know.... we also know you like to complain about the kids getting looking for candy  :D

Written By: Howard on 09/26/12 at 1:56 pm

we know.... we also know you like to complain about the kids getting looking for candy  :D

That's why there needs to be a sign: NO CANDY! 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/26/12 at 2:00 pm

So, put one out. All you need is a piece of paper and a pen and WRITE IT! You may also need a piece of tape to put it up. That's all!

Cat

Written By: nally on 09/26/12 at 3:35 pm

That's what we've been doing as well.

Not sure what we'll be doing that night, however... unless the World Series goes to a Game 6; then we'll be watching that.

Written By: nally on 09/26/12 at 3:37 pm

So anyways...this afternoon (actually, in about two hours' time), I'll be meeting with the H.R. department at the library to see about volunteering there. Yes, I did speak to a volunteer coordinator 2 weeks ago and filled out an application, but last week they contacted me to set up a meeting time, and that meeting time is today at 3pm (Pacific Time). Not sure exactly what I'll be doing when I get there, but I'll find out. Hopefully it'll lead to an actual volunteer-work position (and ultimately something paid, if I get that far). So I hope all goes well with that.

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/12 at 4:53 pm

good luck jeff

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/26/12 at 8:17 pm

I vaguely remember yaying you for that  (but not until you just mentioned it)...

Okay I'm anxiously awaiting your verdict...
Well PLEASE do not hold your breath.  I know I have to go shopping for the little's birthday (in fact I went to see if they had any tablets or such on sale there)...  but not sure if or when we will go back into cosco.  BUT I WILL BE getting one the month of October - Guaranteed!

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/26/12 at 8:19 pm

Silly me....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/26/12 at 8:20 pm

Thanks for understanding me O0

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/26/12 at 8:21 pm

The past few years... Haven't you been left alone at Halloween????  I think you have carried on the tradition...  ::)

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/26/12 at 8:22 pm

OH was that Howard???? How could I forget  :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/26/12 at 8:24 pm

Might as well put out a sign that say  EGG MY HOUSE and SOAP MY WINDOWS

or even better

WE NEED T.P. PLEASE LEAVE IT IN THE TREES

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/26/12 at 8:26 pm

That's what we've been doing as well.

Not sure what we'll be doing that night, however... unless the World Series goes to a Game 6; then we'll be watching that.
No wonder people have started to host treat or trunks  :P

Sad how many people are not willing to participate... 

Written By: nally on 09/27/12 at 12:33 am

No wonder people have started to host treat or trunks  :P

Sad how many people are not willing to participate...

Some people decline to participate because things tend to get crazy in various neighborhoods, and they don't like to deal with it all.

good luck jeff

Thanks Q.
Btw, my appointment at the H.R. office went well; I had to sign a few forms and then get screened; that took a while but I got through it. Now what I'm gonna do tomorrow is send the people a thank-you letter. Even though it was for a volunteer position rather than a paid one, I still feel it's important to acknowledge the fact that they took the time to meet with me.

Written By: Howard on 09/27/12 at 7:16 am

So, put one out. All you need is a piece of paper and a pen and WRITE IT! You may also need a piece of tape to put it up. That's all!

Cat

Good Advice.

Written By: Howard on 09/27/12 at 7:17 am

The past few years... Haven't you been left alone at Halloween????  I think you have carried on the tradition...  ::)

sometimes but not all the time.

Written By: Howard on 09/27/12 at 7:18 am

Might as well put out a sign that say  EGG MY HOUSE and SOAP MY WINDOWS

or even better

WE NEED T.P. PLEASE LEAVE IT IN THE TREES

don't encourage the kids, please.

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/12 at 8:29 am

Well PLEASE do not hold your breath.  I know I have to go shopping for the little's birthday (in fact I went to see if they had any tablets or such on sale there)...  but not sure if or when we will go back into cosco.  BUT I WILL BE getting one the month of October - Guaranteed!

This may sound crazy but I don't get the pie because I'm at Costco.....I go to Costco to get the pie (& sometimes I pick up other stuff)

Written By: nally on 09/27/12 at 11:33 am

This may sound crazy but I don't get the pie because I'm at Costco.....I go to Costco to get the pie (& sometimes I pick up other stuff)

Sometimes my family does that. We do pick up other stuff as well.

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/27/12 at 5:05 pm

Don't think I am going to drive 59 (48 miles) minutes and get out and stop at another store just to get pie.  Crazy me, but it is me and 2 girls usually (let alone if hubby is there - rolling his eyes).  Plus I do not need pie, I should not have the pie, and the best thing for me to do is to stay away from the pie.  IF while I am at the store shopping, said pie should jump in my cart... WELL it was meant to be  8)

But I am just crazy like that  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/12 at 5:09 pm

Don't think I am going to drive 59 (48 miles) minutes and get out and stop at another store just to get pie.  Crazy me, but it is me and 2 girls usually (let alone if hubby is there - rolling his eyes).  Plus I do not need pie, I should not have the pie, and the best thing for me to do is to stay away from the pie.  IF while I am at the store shopping, said pie should jump in my cart... WELL it was meant to be  8)

But I am just crazy like that  ::)

I would drive an hour for pie......actually I'd make sure the trip was damn well worth it and get 3 pies....just to be sure one made it home!  :P   

It's not just any pie....IT'S COSTCO PUMPKIN PIE!!!!! And YES! There is a difference!

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/27/12 at 5:37 pm

I would drive an hour for pie......actually I'd make sure the trip was damn well worth it and get 3 pies....just to be sure one made it home!  :P   

It's not just any pie....IT'S COSTCO PUMPKIN PIE!!!!! And YES! There is a difference!
It is easier to not eat if I don't buy it  8)

and as I do like pumpkin pie (one of my favorites), but really I do not LOVE pie (grown up on tooo many homemade, once a week, lard concoctions).  I do not crave pie - thank goodness.  Cake yes, and I avoid those like the plague.  Ice cream yes, fortunately it makes me sick and uncomfortable to not want to eat it much.  Pie is not a craving if ever, ever have had...

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/12 at 5:45 pm

It is easier to not eat if I don't buy it  8)

and as I do like pumpkin pie (one of my favorites), but really I do not LOVE pie (grown up on tooo many homemade, once a week, lard concoctions).  I do not crave pie - thank goodness.  Cake yes, and I avoid those like the plague.  Ice cream yes, fortunately it makes me sick and uncomfortable to not want to eat it much.  Pie is not a craving if ever, ever have had...

yes...but I must correct you...you are talking about pie.... I am talking about COSTCO PUMPKIN PIE.....two different things entirely!  :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/27/12 at 6:12 pm

yes...but I must correct you...you are talking about pie.... I am talking about COSTCO PUMPKIN PIE.....two different things entirely!  :P
LOL - so far I have been able to resist the most delicious pies!  We shall see...

and my husband comments all the time about my will power.  I will buy a bag of chips, golden oreos, ice cream.  To sit in my cupboard and look at. As long as I know they are there I am good.  IF it gets open I will eat.  IF someone opens them and eats them all gone - there will be hell to pay!  I am the person who quits cold turkey, but I have to have the stuff there (just in case) I need it.  I will always resist temptation, but I need it handy!

Written By: Dagwood on 09/27/12 at 6:41 pm

I am going to have to agree with Q on this one.  Costco pumpkin pie is awesome! 

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/27/12 at 7:17 pm

I will make sure to get one...  Just not sure when!

Written By: Howard on 09/27/12 at 7:43 pm

LOL - so far I have been able to resist the most delicious pies!  We shall see...

and my husband comments all the time about my will power.  I will buy a bag of chips, golden oreos, ice cream.  To sit in my cupboard and look at. As long as I know they are there I am good.  IF it gets open I will eat.  IF someone opens them and eats them all gone - there will be hell to pay!  I am the person who quits cold turkey, but I have to have the stuff there (just in case) I need it.  I will always resist temptation, but I need it handy!

Hey Sami you should see our cupboard we have 3 bags of cookies and a few bags of snacks, that's because My Father And I go food shopping and he loves his cookies and ice cream.

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/12 at 8:05 pm

you my friend get costco.... I mean karma!!!  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 09/27/12 at 9:34 pm

you my friend get costco.... I mean karma!!!  :D

Back atcha :D

Written By: nally on 09/27/12 at 11:45 pm

It certainly is!! My family and I love it!

Written By: wildcard on 09/28/12 at 10:28 am

I already love pumpkin  and yes the pie of my choice would be from Costco.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/28/12 at 12:05 pm

I was poked, prodded, and probed this morning.  8-P  The joys of being a woman.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/12 at 1:02 pm

Cat

ugh....

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/28/12 at 1:59 pm

You don't give out candy on Halloween?

Did you trick or treat as a child?

Man, I love handing out candy.  It is so fun to see the kids costumes, and how happy and excited they are.  I'd be really sad to miss it.

Written By: warped on 09/28/12 at 2:09 pm

..and that was just the 10 minute trip on the NY subway... ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/28/12 at 2:16 pm

Man, I love handing out candy.  It is so fun to see the kids costumes, and how happy and excited they are.  I'd be really sad to miss it.

I love watching Carlos hand out the candy because he jokes around with the kids. He usually wears his professor robe and tells the kids that he is either Professor Dumbledore or Professor Snape. One year, this one girl came to the door and Carlos asked her, "Do YOU have the karma?" She looked so confused. I was standing behind him mouthing to her, "Say, 'Yes'." She was so nervous and confused but finally she said, "Yes" very softly. Carlos said, "That's the right answer" and put the candy in her bag. She then relaxed and I think actually laughed a bit.

These were taken a few years ago.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aandcsattic/family/035.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/aandcsattic/family/037.jpg

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/28/12 at 2:16 pm

..and that was just the 10 minute trip on the NY subway... ;)

Yup-you got it.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/28/12 at 2:32 pm

I love watching Carlos hand out the candy because he jokes around with the kids. He usually wears his professor robe and tells the kids that he is either Professor Dumbledore or Professor Snape. One year, this one girl came to the door and Carlos asked her, "Do YOU have the karma?" She looked so confused. I was standing behind him mouthing to her, "Say, 'Yes'." She was so nervous and confused but finally she said, "Yes" very softly. Carlos said, "That's the right answer" and put the candy in her bag. She then relaxed and I think actually laughed a bit.

Cat

Awesome!

My dad always dresses up too, and I will usually at least wear my glowy witch hat.  :)  We have so much fun.

Written By: Howard on 09/28/12 at 2:34 pm

I already love pumpkin  and yes the pie of my choice would be from Costco.

I love pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

Written By: Howard on 09/28/12 at 2:35 pm

I used to when I was growing up in the mid 80's with My Brother but today not many people want to give out candy, that's how they are.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/28/12 at 2:56 pm

Awesome!

My dad always dresses up too, and I will usually at least wear my glowy witch hat.  :)  We have so much fun.

I always wear my witch hat, too-now that Carlos uses his beret (as seen in the pic) instead of my hat.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/28/12 at 4:05 pm

I love handing out candy on Halloween, I always dress up and I've gotten hubby to dress up too (ever since we started dating).  I knew he was the guy for me when he decorated his whole apartment for Halloween when we were dating (I didn't ask him to, but he knew it's my fave holiday).

Love Carlos' costume and magic wand.

Written By: wildcard on 09/28/12 at 4:10 pm

We don't hand out candy any more because there doesn't seem to be any kids in our area any more.  That was my job and I'd be ready to do magic tricks or whatever.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/28/12 at 4:14 pm

I love handing out candy on Halloween, I always dress up and I've gotten hubby to dress up too (ever since we started dating).  I knew he was the guy for me when he decorated his whole apartment for Halloween when we were dating (I didn't ask him to, but he knew it's my fave holiday).

Actually, the wand is mine.  ;)

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 09/28/12 at 4:19 pm

my wand is better then yours      ( breaks)           

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/28/12 at 4:21 pm

my wand is better then yours      ( breaks)         

My wand came from the maple tree that is in front of the house. Where did yours come from?

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/28/12 at 4:21 pm

Actually, the wand is mine.  ;)

Cat

Oh dear, then it won't really work for him then since his (your) wand didn't pick him out!  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/28/12 at 4:29 pm

I would have married him too!  :) 

I'm glad some of you guys like Halloween.  It's always been my favorite holiday.  It's the only holiday that's just for fun.  Nothing religious (though I know it started that way.)

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/12 at 5:31 pm

My wand came from the maple tree that is in front of the house. Where did yours come from?

Cat

Ollivander's of course

Oh dear, then it won't really work for him then since his (your) wand didn't pick him out!  ;)

;D

Written By: danootaandme on 09/28/12 at 5:45 pm

I am soooooooooooo tired.  Think I will sleep until Monday.  ::)

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/28/12 at 5:48 pm

I LOVE Halloween!!!  I have always wanted to be able to deck the house to the hilt and have tons of trick or treaters...

Living in the country sucks!

Thank you for supporting the Halloween fun, I know my daughters love it!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/28/12 at 5:51 pm

Cat
That is awesome!!!  Thank you as a former trick or treater and the mom of 2!!!!  I love the custom and am saddened by those who don't want to be "bothered."  May they remember that when the younger generation may need to help them (a tire on the side of the road, jump start a car). For that generation may only remember those who didn't want to bother....  :-\\

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/28/12 at 5:52 pm

Awesome!

TOOO cool!!!  The spirit is wonderful on that day for those who want to have fun  8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/28/12 at 5:54 pm

I used to when I was growing up in the mid 80's with My Brother but today not many people want to give out candy, that's how they are.
and that is unfortunate...

and makes me sad  :\'(

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/28/12 at 6:02 pm

We love decorating too! 

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/28/12 at 6:04 pm

We don't hand out candy any more because there doesn't seem to be any kids in our area any more.  That was my job and I'd be ready to do magic tricks or whatever.
That is soo awesome!  8)

Neighborhoods change over time, so maybe the kids will come back  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/28/12 at 6:07 pm

He borrowed it for the evening.

Ollivander's of course

;D

Swish & flick.

That is awesome!!!  Thank you as a former trick or treater and the mom of 2!!!!  I love the custom and am saddened by those who don't want to be "bothered."  May they remember that when the younger generation may need to help them (a tire on the side of the road, jump start a car). For that generation may only remember those who didn't want to bother....  :-\\

We live in the center of town and we probably get more trick-or-treaters than most people. I know for a fact that many people who live in towns surrounding ours drop their kids off. I buy 10 bags of these:

http://www.hersheys.com/assets/images/dot_com/Seasonal_Products/hershey_halloween_milkchocolatesnacksize.jpg

And there have been several times when we run out. (Of course I buy 2 bags for just us-which I get with almonds.  ;) )

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/28/12 at 6:21 pm

We live in the center of town and we probably get more trick-or-treaters than most people. I know for a fact that many people who live in towns surrounding ours drop their kids off. I buy 10 bags of these:

http://www.hersheys.com/assets/images/dot_com/Seasonal_Products/hershey_halloween_milkchocolatesnacksize.jpg

And there have been several times when we run out. (Of course I buy 2 bags for just us-which I get with almonds.  ;) )

Cat
I would love to live in town on Halloween!!!!  And that is all you have to do, is buy some candy.  My kids love the experience.  I loved the experience. I still love the experience!  Makes me smiling even thinking about.  It is my favorite holiday EVER!  If I had the money I would decorate as much as Christmas. Unfortunately Halloween is more expensive to buy decorations, and hard to find "vintage" goods... So auctions, yard sales and such are out. ALTHOUGH I have found some awesome creepy old dolls!!! The girls don't like me putting those out  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 09/28/12 at 6:28 pm

Cat

I feel your pain.  I go in on the 8th. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/28/12 at 7:18 pm

I feel your pain.  I go in on the 8th.

On the 9th, I get ssssqqqqquuuuiiiiiisssssshhhhhheeeeedddd!!!!  8-P

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 09/28/12 at 7:24 pm

On the 9th, I get ssssqqqqquuuuiiiiiisssssshhhhhheeeeedddd!!!!  8-P

Cat

My doctor will tell me to do that, too, I am sure.  Not looking forward to it.

Written By: nally on 09/28/12 at 7:44 pm

That is soo awesome!  8)

Neighborhoods change over time, so maybe the kids will come back  8)

I know my old neighborhood did, mainly during the last 5-10 years we lived in it. Things had gone downhill (in part due to the 1994 earthquake) and people not bothering to take care of their homes.

Written By: wildcard on 09/28/12 at 8:27 pm

I just took 10000000000 pictures of a buckeye butterfly that came  in the backyard.  Now I got to sign off here for dinner.

Written By: wildcard on 09/28/12 at 9:54 pm

Cat

Some magic shop in Sacramento I use to buy stuff at.  It's a break away wand. 

I have a regular one that I put in my pocket  and I do this simple trick in which I have this braclet sized ring and I wrap a string around it twice. I then convence them the ring wont fall off and ask them to hold one end of the string while I reach for the wand in my poket.  The ring hits the ground and makes it's noise.  I finally get my wand out, notice the ring is gone and say ( what did you do? )  That's a trick I did one Halloween.

Written By: Henk on 09/29/12 at 8:48 am

Nothing to do with Halloween or anything... but I finally got a digital camera today. :D

(Well, actually, it is a birthday present from my family, but I got to pick it myself)

It's a Samsung ST66 (in black), in case anyone's interested.

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/12 at 10:15 am

Nothing to do with Halloween or anything... but I finally got a digital camera today. :D

(Well, actually, it is a birthday present from my family, but I got to pick it myself)

BOUT DAMN TIME!  no that's not it....

WELCOME TO THE 20TH CENTURY!!
  erm... I mean....

YAY!!!!!!  CONGRATS!!!!  O0  :D

Written By: Henk on 09/29/12 at 10:19 am

BOUT DAMN TIME!  no that's not it....

WELCOME TO THE 20TH CENTURY!!
  erm... I mean....

YAY!!!!!!  CONGRATS!!!!  O0  :D

;D and thanks!

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/29/12 at 10:50 am

Awesome!!!  I live for new gadgets!

Written By: wildcard on 09/29/12 at 10:53 am

yesterday a buckeye and this morning my dad left to pick up the stuff to start my garden,  I'm going to love today.  He's getting four pieces of wood  and some soil.  A square will be made with the food.  My problem in the past has been that the sun directly hits the ground and fries the plant.  Think he's back now. 

Written By: nally on 09/29/12 at 11:08 am

That is great to hear!

Written By: nally on 09/29/12 at 11:19 am

So, this morning I'm supposed to be getting a massage...so in a few minutes I need to log off and get prepared for that.

Written By: karen on 09/29/12 at 11:28 am

On Thursday it was the junior prizegiving at Elizabeth's school.  She received an award for a group science project she did on Chromatography of Inks.

Dai was in Germany last week until Thursday, and has gone away for the weekend with a friend.  They've gone mountain biking in the Lake District.

On Friday a colleague and I managed to flood one of the labs at work!  We had a fish tank to refill, so we set it going at the end of the day whilst we cleared the labs and switched things off for the weekend.  I meant to go back after clearing the upstairs labs but I forgot.  Then we spent longer than usual downstairs, partly talking about the upcoming Open Day.  We went back upstairs and then it suddenly popped into my head about the water!  There was a large puddle on the floor (thankfully not the whole room!) and two sets of drawers had filled up!!

We cleared all the water up, put things to dry where possible but left some stuff to sort first thing on Monday.

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/12 at 11:30 am

On Thursday it was the junior prizegiving at Elizabeth's school.  She received an award for a group science project she did on Chromatography of Inks.

Dai was in Germany last week until Thursday, and has gone away for the weekend with a friend.  They've gone mountain biking in the Lake District.

On Friday a colleague and I managed to flood one of the labs at work!  We had a fish tank to refill, so we set it going at the end of the day whilst we cleared the labs and switched things off for the weekend.  I meant to go back after clearing the upstairs labs but I forgot.  Then we spent longer than usual downstairs, partly talking about the upcoming Open Day.  We went back upstairs and then it suddenly popped into my head about the water!  There was a large puddle on the floor (thankfully not the whole room!) and two sets of drawers had filled up!!

We cleared all the water up, put things to dry where possible but left some stuff to sort first thing on Monday.

Congrats to Miss E....

sorry about the water but it made me  ;D 

Written By: Henk on 09/29/12 at 11:51 am

It came with a Quick Start Guide, a tiny booklet of 38 pages, only 11 of which contained basic information on how to operate the camera. So I decided to check the more comprehensive manual that's out there on the net and downloaded it to my computer. I'm not gonna print it though - it's 131 pages, A4 size! :o Lots of stuff and options I'll probably never need or use, I'm afraid.

One of the things I learned from the manual is that it takes about 160 minutes for the batteries to fully load. You don't read that in the Quick Start Guide! ::)

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/12 at 12:02 pm

It came with a Quick Start Guide, a tiny booklet of 38 pages, only 11 of which contained basic information on how to operate the camera. So I decided to check the more comprehensive manual that's out there on the net and downloaded it to my computer. I'm not gonna print it though - it's 131 pages, A4 size! :o Lots of stuff and options I'll probably never need or use, I'm afraid.

One of the things I learned from the manual is that it takes about 160 minutes for the batteries to fully load. You don't read that in the Quick Start Guide! ::)

I should have found a larger manual for the last two cameras I bought! I can't seem to get the flash to work on either.....the flash used to work....I've even reset the cameras back to original settings.... I refuse to believe I broke the flash on two cameras....particularly on one that's only been used 4 times... I think when I played with the settings to see what they can do I screwed it up somehow.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/29/12 at 12:05 pm

My doctor will tell me to do that, too, I am sure.  Not looking forward to it.

It is just one of those necessary evils. Think of the alternative. 

You go in with cups and come out with saucers.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/29/12 at 12:07 pm

Yay! I want to see some of your pics. A word from the wise, just take pics on different settings to try them out and see how they work. And then just leave it on auto.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/12 at 12:16 pm

It is just one of those necessary evils. Think of the alternative. 

You go in with cups and come out with saucers.

Cat

one of my friends, I've known her for 15 yrs... she came out to see me on my walk on Sunday. She is very flat... I never thought about it before.  She told me that 13 yrs prior to meeting me she had 75% of her breasts removed and opted not to get the reconstructive surgery...she used to be a 44 she's like a 32A frakking breast cancer  >:(    considering the year she was diagnosed and treated she's very fortunate things went as well as they did..... 

Written By: wildcard on 09/29/12 at 1:13 pm

Box is made, plants go in the ground this evening.

Written By: Howard on 09/29/12 at 5:01 pm

What's your favorite candy?

Written By: Howard on 09/29/12 at 5:02 pm

kids around here stop coming around after 8pm.

Written By: Howard on 09/29/12 at 5:03 pm

I am soooooooooooo tired.  Think I will sleep until Monday.  ::)

have you tried a nap?

Written By: Howard on 09/29/12 at 5:04 pm

and that is unfortunate...

and makes me sad  :\'(

many people just slam the door in your face.  :(

Written By: wildcard on 09/29/12 at 6:05 pm

kids around here stop coming around after 8pm.

that's nice        Kids have grown up where I'm at around here and don't want candy any more.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/29/12 at 7:13 pm

One of my friends, I've known her for 15 yrs... she came out to see me on my walk on Sunday. She is very flat... I never thought about it before.  She told me that 13 yrs prior to meeting me she had 75% of her breasts removed and opted not to get the reconstructive surgery...she used to be a 44 she's like a 32A frakking breast cancer  >:(    considering the year she was diagnosed and treated she's very fortunate things went as well as they did..... 

She must have decided that she had had enough of hospitals and surgeries why go through trauma of more surgeries, so she said ta-ta to the ta-ta's.  I admire her for it.

Written By: Tam on 09/29/12 at 7:58 pm

Had a really good day today!
Met a friend I never thought I would meet! It's a secret for now. ;)

Now I am going to clean house. Blech!

Written By: nally on 09/29/12 at 8:18 pm

So, this morning I'm supposed to be getting a massage...so in a few minutes I need to log off and get prepared for that.

And I'd like to report that my massage went very well; it was much needed for me because I've been through a lotta stress. (Plus, I'd had a gift certificate which I'd won earlier this year.)

Written By: Henk on 09/30/12 at 7:16 am

Whereas other people... don't even open the door at all!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/30/12 at 8:42 am

Going to NY today to see Ma and then we are going to the house to do some work. We are bring the van and staying in it for the night. Carlos doesn't want to stay in the house because there are mice. Coming home tomorrow.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 09/30/12 at 9:17 am

Can't say that I blame him.  My dad's house was one of those old houses with the dirt basement and coal chute.  Lots of mice...it grossed me out big time.

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/12 at 9:28 am

I don't stay anywhere where there are mice.....unless I'm stuck at work but then I sit on top of a file cabinet with my feet on a step stool....and I wield a broom for protection!  :D 

holla if you've seen the pics on FB  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/12 at 9:29 am

it couldn't have been that good..... you didn't meet me  :-\\    :P

:D 

glad you had a good day.....well right up until the house cleaning part of it. 

Written By: Howard on 09/30/12 at 4:02 pm

Could you tell us the secret?

Written By: Howard on 09/30/12 at 4:03 pm

cause they don't care.

Written By: Tam on 09/30/12 at 4:34 pm

it couldn't have been that good..... you didn't meet me  :-\\    :P

:D 

glad you had a good day.....well right up until the house cleaning part of it.

Hahaha! One day Q - I promise!!!

Could you tell us the secret?

Obviously not Howard, since I said in my post it is a secret! lol

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/12 at 4:43 pm

Hahaha! One day Q - I promise!!!

I'm a hold you to that!  ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/30/12 at 8:05 pm

No We have NEVER had the door slammed in our face!  And if that happened to my kids that homeowner would have a great piece of my mind!  I don't go out looking for fights, but that would cause one!

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/30/12 at 8:07 pm

Those are the ones that sadden me...  Don't want to be "bothered"...  Like there is a heck of a lot more exciting things to do when your huddled up in a dark house trying to make it look like no one is home!  Yee haw!!!!  Open the door bring on the kids and have some fun!!!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/30/12 at 8:09 pm

Going to NY today to see Ma and then we are going to the house to do some work. We are bring the van and staying in it for the night. Carlos doesn't want to stay in the house because there are mice. Coming home tomorrow.

Cat
Hope you have a safe trip, and it is as enjoyable as it can be!!!! 

Written By: Henk on 10/01/12 at 3:02 am

cause they don't care.

Exactly. Keeping the door shut and all the lights off. Hate when that happens. ::)

Written By: Howard on 10/01/12 at 7:22 am

No We have NEVER had the door slammed in our face!  And if that happened to my kids that homeowner would have a great piece of my mind!  I don't go out looking for fights, but that would cause one!

Well In New York it happens.

Written By: warped on 10/01/12 at 8:11 am

cause they don't care.

Exactly. Keeping the door shut and all the lights off. Hate when that happens. ::)

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...