inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trick or Treat, Zombie Feet...they are looking for brains to eat! It's October..

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/12 at 10:47 am

Like you didn't see that title coming!  :D 

what's up this month?

Subject: Re: Trick or Treat, Zombie Feet...they are looking for brains to eat! It's October..

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/29/12 at 11:03 am

Halloween!!!!

Subject: Re: Trick or Treat, Zombie Feet...they are looking for brains to eat! It's October..

Written By: warped on 09/29/12 at 3:05 pm

Thanksgiving here on Oct 8th.    We'll make a large chicken with the stuffing and everything.

Written By: Howard on 09/29/12 at 4:58 pm

Halloween!!!!

and stuffing myself with candy. :D

Written By: Howard on 09/29/12 at 4:59 pm

My Father will turn 71 next week. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/29/12 at 4:59 pm

Halloween!!!!
Get your Zombie costumes ready!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/29/12 at 5:01 pm

Thanksgiving here on Oct 8th.    We'll make a large chicken with the stuffing and everything.
That is Thanksgiving in Canada not USA?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/29/12 at 5:24 pm

That is Thanksgiving in Canada not USA?

Yup-Thanksgiving in the U.S. is the third Thursday in November.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/29/12 at 5:46 pm

and I'll be celebrating 2 years at Ozone Park. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/01/12 at 3:03 am

White Rabbit!

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/01/12 at 9:32 am

White Rabbit!
Ratts!

But none from America yet...

White Rabbit, pinch punch...

Does that still count  :-\\

Oh yes!  It is my youngest Daughters Birthday!  I am at home sick...

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/01/12 at 9:33 am

Get your Zombie costumes ready!
The girls are going as creepy living dolly babes... Is that close enough???? 

Written By: snozberries on 10/01/12 at 9:36 am

The girls are going as creepy living dolly babes... Is that close enough? ???

Can't wait to see the pics!

Written By: snozberries on 10/01/12 at 9:37 am

Ratts!

But none from America yet...

White Rabbit, pinch punch...

Does that still count  :-\\

Oh yes!  It is my youngest Daughters Birthday!  I am at home sick...

Sorry you're sick. Happy bday to the youngest

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/01/12 at 10:41 am

Happy October 1. 

That's really all I have to say...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/01/12 at 5:55 pm

The first stop on our trip before even leaving town was to the local gas station to fill the van. Carlos pumped while I went in to pay. Almost as soon as I got in, the girl behind the counter said that he was done. I said, "That was fast." I payed with a credit card. Right after I paid, Carlos came in and said that the pump needed to be turned on.  ???  So, apparently, I paid for someone else's gas. That person came in and was going to pay with cash. The manager asked me if I minded getting the guy's cash since I paid for his gas with my credit card. I said, "Not at all." I turned to look at the guy and who it was, was the guy who made a mess of our kitchen who we sued!  :o :o :o  Our last court date, he didn't show up so now we have to file contempt charges. After he left, I told the women there that we have a suit against him. They said, "No wonder why he didn't say anything." They knew who he was and told me, "You NEVER hire him." I told them that we learned that the hard way. As I held the cash in my hand, I made a comment that that will probably the only $$ we get from him. They also told me that he now has a job. Hmmm. Time to call the judge and tell her. So, maybe now we can FINALLY get some $$$$ out of him. (Oh, BTW, the kitchen is going to FINALLY be re-redone this month-THE RIGHT WAY!!!!) When I went out to the van, I told Carlos what happened and he just started laughing.

Visited Ma for a bit, then went to the house. Unfortunately, we missed my sister. I wasn't too sure if we were going to see her or not. Managed to get some work done. Spent the night in the van. It was COLD!!!! We had a nice warm blanket & of course each other. The last time we spent the night there in the van it was hot.

This morning, someone came to pick up a bedroom set that my sister sold yesterday. Filled the van with some stuff that we are going to get rid of and went for breakfast. Then we wasted some time before going to see Ma. We weren't even there for an hour when Ma basically dismissed us. It is kind of funny how she does that. At least we don't have to worry about staying too long.

The thing that is amazing is the drive to & from. Mother Nature is in just brilliant splendor. I am in awe of the beautiful colors. And usually on our route we always see deer-but usually, it is not in a place where I can get a shot. Today, Carlos pulled over so I could get a shot but I think the only shot I got was the backside of one as he was running away.  :-\\  Oh well. One of these days, I will get a good shot of a deer.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/01/12 at 7:35 pm

Yup-Thanksgiving in the U.S. is the third Thursday in November.

Cat

November 25th.

Written By: wildcard on 10/01/12 at 9:22 pm

White Rabbit!

orange pumpkin

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/02/12 at 1:42 am

Just got home from the 2012 Mid-South Music/Tragical History Tour with my brother Rob.

Pics coming soon!  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/12 at 10:08 am

Just got home from the 2012 Mid-South Music/Tragical History Tour with my brother Rob.

Pics coming soon!  ;)

O0

Tragical History Tour  ;D

Written By: nally on 10/02/12 at 3:32 pm

So last night I went with my family to see the Capitol Steps at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza. I enjoyed the show! :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/02/12 at 4:59 pm

So last night I went with my family to see the Capitol Steps at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza. I enjoyed the show! :D

We have seen them many times. They do put on a great show.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/02/12 at 6:58 pm

We have seen them many times. They do put on a great show.

Cat

They sure do! For us, it was only our second time seeing 'em. (The first was in May 2006.) They are so amazing and hilarious. I especially enjoy the "spoonerism speeches", known as "Lirty Dies."

Written By: amjikloviet on 10/02/12 at 7:42 pm

One month closer to the holidays!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/02/12 at 8:15 pm

Finally got the car fixed.  It was $850, but hopefully, it'll stay fixed for awhile. 

Allergies bugging me, can hardly breathe.

Finally decided on what my costume will be this year for Halloween and passing candy out, just not sure how to accomplish it.  Still planning.

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/12 at 9:07 pm

Finally got the car fixed.  It was $850, but hopefully, it'll stay fixed for awhile. 

Allergies bugging me, can hardly breathe.

Finally decided on what my costume will be this year for Halloween and passing candy out, just not sure how to accomplish it.  Still planning.

Hope so too

Does your costume involve Zombies?

Written By: Howard on 10/03/12 at 7:17 am

One month closer to the holidays!

Thanksgiving, I love that holiday where I can fill up on food and more food. :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/12 at 10:21 am

They sure do! For us, it was only our second time seeing 'em. (The first was in May 2006.) They are so amazing and hilarious. I especially enjoy the "spoonerism speeches", known as "Lirty Dies."

That's actually my least favorite.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/03/12 at 10:49 am

I just booked my room in Elko to attend the Zombie Apocolypse Pub Crawl on Saturday.  :)  I figured Snoz might appreciate that...

Written By: snozberries on 10/03/12 at 12:37 pm

I just booked my room in Elko to attend the Zombie Apocolypse Pub Crawl on Saturday.  :)  I figured Snoz might appreciate that...

OMG!!!!! I WANNA GO!!!! Please take pics for me!  8)

just read this

This includes a Mood Changing Beer Mug, a Survival Kit, and a Map of the Crawl!  If completed by 10, your map turns into a Raffle Ticket that enters you to win all the things you need to survive the Apocalypse! Grand Prize is a Cross Bow! Others include: Mini-Chainsaw, Zombie Head Splitter (Axe), and Silver Bullets (Coors Light), etc!!

now I really wanna go....but I don't wanna drink beer....

you gotta tell me what's in the survival kit you get.... and take a pic of your mood changing beer mug....in all of it's moods  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/12 at 2:49 pm

just read this

This includes a Mood Changing Beer Mug, a Survival Kit, and a Map of the Crawl!  If completed by 10, your map turns into a Raffle Ticket that enters you to win all the things you need to survive the Apocalypse! Grand Prize is a Cross Bow! Others include: Mini-Chainsaw, Zombie Head Splitter (Axe), and Silver Bullets (Coors Light), etc!!

you gotta tell me what's in the survival kit you get.... and take a pic of your mood changing beer mug....in all of it's moods  ;D

I was playing Plants Vs Zombies at Pogo today.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/03/12 at 2:56 pm

That's actually my least favorite.

Cat

Well, this particular one was downright hilarious; everyone in the theatre laughed.
"Parah Salin" was in there. As well as at some of the "skits" with portrayals of various politicians, that culminated in musical numbers.

Written By: nally on 10/03/12 at 3:01 pm

So anyways, my dad's cousin from South Dakota is visiting us for a couple days; she and her hubby have been traveling through the state of California the past few days; they came over last night and we took 'em out to dinner. We also cooked breakfast for them this morning. Tonight we'll be preparing a barbecue.
For us, it was our first time seeing them since they came out here in August of 1986, when I was 6 and a lot smaller than I am now.

Written By: snozberries on 10/03/12 at 3:26 pm

I was playing Plants Vs Zombies at Pogo today.

Cat

zombies don't eat plants...  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/12 at 3:58 pm

zombies don't eat plants...  :D

The plants were fighting the zombies.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/03/12 at 4:10 pm

The plants were fighting the zombies.

Cat

to quote Alice.... curiouser and curiouser  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/12 at 4:37 pm

to quote Alice.... curiouser and curiouser  :D

Are you familiar with Pogo?

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/03/12 at 4:42 pm

Cat

I haven't played in years

Written By: nally on 10/03/12 at 4:44 pm

Cat

I haven't played in years

Are you talking about the site Pogo.com? If so, I haven't been there in years. I used to go there regularly, but I kept forgetting my userID and password...so I just gave up. The only game I ever played there was "Tumble Bees" (only because I had a friend who went there regularly and played said game).

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/03/12 at 5:46 pm

just read this

You don't have to drink beer.  I'll drink yours for you.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 10/03/12 at 5:46 pm

You don't have to drink beer.  I'll drink yours for you.  ;)

that would be awesome!

Written By: Howard on 10/03/12 at 7:49 pm

Cat

Is that a game site?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/03/12 at 9:28 pm

Hope so too

Does your costume involve Zombies?

I thought about that, but decided I don't want to scare the neighbor kids who always sit with me to hand out candy.  They are 3 and 1.
I'm going to be an ocelot.  It is my hubby's favorite animal. 

Written By: wildcard on 10/03/12 at 10:33 pm

I have my jester outfit if I want to wear a costume.  I have a hat I like to wear when I use to do my magic tricks.  I have a faceless mask too.  I also don't want to forget my horse.

Written By: snozberries on 10/03/12 at 10:45 pm

I thought about that, but decided I don't want to scare the neighbor kids who always sit with me to hand out candy.  They are 3 and 1.
I'm going to be an ocelot.  It is my hubby's favorite animal.

There will be pics right?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/04/12 at 12:14 am

There will be pics right?

Possibly, if the costume turns out right.  Last year, I dressed as the neighbor's dog, but it didn't quite turn out how I wanted it to be...  :\'(

In the meantime, there is a Pittsburgh Zombie Walk in a couple weekends and I'm trying to decide if I should do it.  I've been feeling rather lethargic lately.  Can't seem to snap out of my blah mood.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/12 at 2:18 pm

Possibly, if the costume turns out right.  Last year, I dressed as the neighbor's dog, but it didn't quite turn out how I wanted it to be...  :\'(

In the meantime, there is a Pittsburgh Zombie Walk in a couple weekends and I'm trying to decide if I should do it.  I've been feeling rather lethargic lately.  Can't seem to snap out of my blah mood.  :-\\

sorry to hear that....tho lethargy and blah moods are pretty much staples in zombieness....

and um....maybe the energy/excitement will pick you up?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/05/12 at 11:18 am

Quite possibly, Q.  I might just go to get pictures.  I've been having bad luck lately in people being rude to me in regards to my large stature.  While I don't think that "zombies" are quite as rude, you just never know.  I do realize that I have to grow thicker skin and just shrug off any nonsense.  It's just not that easy sometimes.

I should go to Loki's boy to have my makeup done, he's really fantastic at it.  Of course I want to be an unusual zombie (if I do indeed go to the walk), something like zombie bride or zombie clown or something, not just everyday run-of-the-mill zombie.  :D ;D  Being from Pittsburgh, I thought of dressing as a Steeler (football fan) or Penguin (hockey fan) zombie, but I think that would be too subtle, and I'm sure I would just blend in with all the other people wearing jerseys.  :-\\  Maybe I can be a zombie cat there too.  ;D

Written By: nally on 10/05/12 at 12:32 pm

Is that a game site?

Yes.

I used to go there regularly...until I lost my login name/pw. :-\\

Written By: warped on 10/05/12 at 1:37 pm

Just to the west of us, Octoberfest is here!

Written By: Henk on 10/05/12 at 1:49 pm

So the plan is to visit the nearest IKEA store tomorrow. That's still 75km (roughly 60 miles) away... :(

About time I bought that Benno/Billy bookcase combination... with an additional Benno DVD tower.
We're not planning on taking anything home with us (no room in the car), so we'll see if we can get things delivered ASAP.
In case you're wondering: IKEA Holland does not have an online shop (at least not for private persons), so you'll have to drive to the nearest branch to personally hand over your order. Silly, I know.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/05/12 at 2:14 pm

So the plan is to visit the nearest IKEA store tomorrow. That's still 75km (roughly 60 miles) away... :(

About time I bought that Benno/Billy bookcase combination... with an additional Benno DVD tower.
We're not planning on taking anything home with us (no room in the car), so we'll see if we can get things delivered ASAP.
In case you're wondering: IKEA Holland does not have an online shop (at least not for private persons), so you'll have to drive to the nearest branch to personally hand over your order. Silly, I know.

I must warn you, that the IKEA in my area charges an arm and a leg for delivery.  My ex husband and I bought the whole billy bookcase set, but had to find someone with a truck to help us get it home.  Totally inconvenient, but we loved the bookcases. 

Written By: warped on 10/05/12 at 2:17 pm

I must warn you, that the IKEA in my area charges an arm and a leg for delivery.  My ex husband and I bought the whole billy bookcase set, but had to find someone with a truck to help us get it home.  Totally inconvenient, but we loved the bookcases.

An arm and a leg, Henk can spare. It's cash that he doesn't have right now.    :D ;D

Written By: Henk on 10/05/12 at 3:11 pm

I know, delivery charges are ridiculous. Still, cheaper than hiring a van... I think. Plus, we don't have to drag the darn packages.

An arm and a leg, Henk can spare. It's cash that he doesn't have right now.    :D ;D

;D Spot on!

Written By: Howard on 10/05/12 at 4:25 pm

Just to the west of us, Octoberfest is here!

apple cider, honey and picking apples.

Written By: nally on 10/05/12 at 5:52 pm

Yummy... :D

Right now I am trying to not get sick; I've been pretty healthy this year, for the most part. But earlier this week we had a couple guests from out of town, and one of them was starting to get sick himself; I just hope I didn't catch it.

Written By: warped on 10/05/12 at 9:29 pm

Apple cider, lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of beer ( but I don't drink), dancing, performances, entertainment and a parade on Monday ( I think?) which we might attend, coincides with Thanksgiving Monday here.

Then I'll try and catch a chicken dropped from some helicopter in Cincinnati and cook it for dinner. 

Written By: snozberries on 10/05/12 at 9:39 pm

Apple cider, lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of beer ( but I don't drink), dancing, performances, entertainment and a parade on Monday ( I think?) which we might attend, coincides with Thanksgiving Monday here.

Then I'll try and catch a chicken dropped from some helicopter in Cincinnati and cook it for dinner.

As god is my witness I thought turkeys could fly LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FXSnoy71Q4

Written By: warped on 10/05/12 at 9:52 pm

As god is my witness I thought turkeys could fly LOL

You catch my drift well.

Written By: snozberries on 10/05/12 at 10:05 pm

You catch my drift well.

scary ain't it  ;D

Written By: nally on 10/06/12 at 12:38 am

Right now I am trying to not get sick; I've been pretty healthy this year, for the most part. But earlier this week we had a couple guests from out of town, and one of them was starting to get sick himself; I just hope I didn't catch it.

...and it seems like I have inevitably gotten sick. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 10/06/12 at 4:16 pm

Yummy... :D

I'm trying not to get sick too.

Written By: Henk on 10/07/12 at 7:49 am

And so we did. I ordered the Benno/Billy bookcase combination, an additional Benno DVD tower, a Bestå shelf unit with doors (all for me), an Ikea PS cabinet (red) (for my nephew) and a Hemnes coffee table (white) (for my sister). All will be delivered this Tuesday! :D
We also bought some smaller stuff, like cushions and cushion covers, small storage units and scented candles (Tindra Ljuv - various cakes) that we took home ourselves.

In all, it was a very pleasant day, although my sister got sick once we got home. :( She's feeling better already, though.

Oh, and guess what? IKEA Holland is working hard on the online ordering service... It should be available within the next couple of months... Just our luck! ::)

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/12 at 12:29 pm

Sounds like you made the most out of your trip.
I'll drive 90 miles to the ness eat ikea (I don't like ordering online because you can't touch the items.
I feel like things sometimes don't look as good in person as they do when photographed for a catalog)

Anyway I'll get all the way there realize I don't really need (or cant afford) the stuff I went shopping for so I buy a picture frame and something out of scratch & dent.

Now I only go when I have to be in LA for an event and usually if I'm staying with my friend Michelle because she's just 3 miles from it.

Written By: karen on 10/07/12 at 3:34 pm

Glad you got your stuff Henk.  I've never ordered from IKEA on-line but then it's only a 40 minute drive and there are several other great shops (Decathlon sports is a favourite) near it.  we did have our dining table delivered - even flat packed it wouldn't fit in the car.  Our house is mainly furnished at IKEA!

spent yesterday and today morris dancing.  Yesterday we all went to Leicester (nearest city to us).  It was to celebrate another dance side's 30th birthday.  We danced in a number of different venues across the city centre and then finished up at a pub for tea and cakes (though some had beer and cakes!).  we had a good response from people, lots of interest and enjoyment.

For our dancing John plays his English bagpipes.  He drives quite a long way every week to play for us.  Once a year we drive to his windmill on open day (today) to dance for the visitors.  It's fun to do, but hard work.  The surface is less than ideal to dance on.  When we rehearse we use a school hall and general we like firm level surfaces for dancing.  The area in front of the windmill is gravelled with one section of raised paving, so it generally shifts all over the place and has occasional trip hazards!

Written By: nally on 10/07/12 at 6:50 pm

I'm trying not to get sick too.

Sometimes you just can't avoid it, especially when someone around you is that way. But I think I'm starting to get better.

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/07/12 at 7:28 pm

I'll drive 90 miles to the ness eat ikea (I don't like ordering online because you can't touch the items.
I feel like things sometimes don't look as good in person as they do when photographed for a catalog)

Anyway I'll get all the way there realize I don't really need (or cant afford) the stuff I went shopping for so I buy a picture frame and something out of scratch & dent.

Now I only go when I have to be in LA for an event and usually if I'm staying with my friend Michelle because she's just 3 miles from it.

Glad you got your stuff Henk.  I've never ordered from IKEA on-line but then it's only a 40 minute drive and there are several other great shops (Decathlon sports is a favourite) near it.  we did have our dining table delivered - even flat packed it wouldn't fit in the car.  Our house is mainly furnished at IKEA!

spent yesterday and today morris dancing.  Yesterday we all went to Leicester (nearest city to us).  It was to celebrate another dance side's 30th birthday.  We danced in a number of different venues across the city centre and then finished up at a pub for tea and cakes (though some had beer and cakes!).  we had a good response from people, lots of interest and enjoyment.

For our dancing John plays his English bagpipes.  He drives quite a long way every week to play for us.  Once a year we drive to his windmill on open day (today) to dance for the visitors.  It's fun to do, but hard work.  The surface is less than ideal to dance on.  When we rehearse we use a school hall and general we like firm level surfaces for dancing.  The area in front of the windmill is gravelled with one section of raised paving, so it generally shifts all over the place and has occasional trip hazards!

And so we did. I ordered the Benno/Billy bookcase combination, an additional Benno DVD tower, a Bestå shelf unit with doors (all for me), an Ikea PS cabinet (red) (for my nephew) and a Hemnes coffee table (white) (for my sister). All will be delivered this Tuesday! :D
We also bought some smaller stuff, like cushions and cushion covers, small storage units and scented candles (Tindra Ljuv - various cakes) that we took home ourselves.

In all, it was a very pleasant day, although my sister got sick once we got home. :( She's feeling better already, though.

Oh, and guess what? IKEA Holland is working hard on the online ordering service... It should be available within the next couple of months... Just our luck! ::)
I still have not experienced the awesomeness of Ikea.  :-\\  The closes one is 184 miles away.  I have looked at their online store, but yep unless I knew exactly what it was and how it looked, not spending it for maybe if I could see it.  The hands on thing.

But I also have not experienced crate and barrel, container store, or Pottery Barn (probably for the same reasons)  :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/12 at 11:14 pm

The container stores were awesome. There aren't many around anymore. At least the ones I used to go to seemed to have closed.

Pottery barn & crate & barrel don't excite me as much

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/07/12 at 11:46 pm

Yet another reason for you to come to Pittsburgh, we have a big IKEA here about 5 miles away (although I've only been to it once.) IKEA is not really my thing, as I live a "charity shop/thrift store furniture" life, since my cats tear up everything, I don't want anything "too" nice, as odd as that seems.  :-\\

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/07/12 at 11:55 pm

Sounds like fun.  I love bagpipes (and windmills) and for that matter tea and cakes too.  If there is ever any video of you dancing, I'd love to see it.

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/12 at 12:10 am

Yet another reason for you to come to Pittsburgh, we have a big IKEA here about 5 miles away (although I've only been to it once.) IKEA is not really my thing, as I live a "charity shop/thrift store furniture" life, since my cats tear up everything, I don't want anything "too" nice, as odd as that seems.  :-\\

Ikea has an awesome scratch & dent section. You should check it out sometime.

Written By: Henk on 10/08/12 at 3:17 am

Re. IKEA...

I can totally understand the 'hands on' thing. It's one thing to see it on-line or in a catalog, but it's quite another to see it 'in real life'. I too wouldn't want to drive 184 miles only to be disappointed. (Of course there's always the restaurant... although that too is nothing to write home about IMHO)

As I've said, the nearest IKEA is roughly 60 miles away (an hour's drive). That may not sound like much to you, but to put things in perspective: you can drive through my country (north to south or east to west) in less than three hours.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/08/12 at 10:46 am

Am I the only one who has never shopped at IKEA?  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/12 at 10:49 am

Cat
I have walked through IKEA, but did not buy anything.

Written By: wildcard on 10/08/12 at 10:50 am

I've never even herd of IKEA

oh also that Camp I went to started a website http://jackscamps.shutterfly.com/ it's mostly just pictures right now. 

Written By: meesa on 10/08/12 at 11:06 am

Cat

No, I haven't either. But then, I wouldn't begin to know where the nearest one is to me!  :)

Written By: nally on 10/08/12 at 11:20 am

I have walked through IKEA, but did not buy anything.

So did I...way back in 2001 or so. Didn't much care for the selections. :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/12 at 11:23 am

So did I...way back in 2001 or so. Didn't much care for the selections. :-\\
As the products, furniture and stock within the store where all Swedish based, the appeal was not for me.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/08/12 at 11:29 am

No, I haven't either. But then, I wouldn't begin to know where the nearest one is to me!  :)

Same here. And besides, when I am in need of new (old) furniture, I go to our local auction house. I get GREAT deals on antique furniture-and they will deliver, too.

Cat

Written By: karen on 10/08/12 at 12:43 pm

Well I love love love IKEA.  Looking around our house only our bedroom doesn't have at least one item of IKEA furniture.  Not all that they sell would suit every home but it isn't all Swedish apartment minimalism.

Anyway, moving on, today James went on a school trip.  He will be away till the end of the week.  He has an action-packed week in North Wales, raft-building, abseiling, climbing, hill walking, blind fold trail, zip line, etc etc.  He'll be very tired when he gets back!

And tomorrow Dai is away with work until the end of the week.  So Elizabeth and I are planning a meal out!

Written By: warped on 10/08/12 at 2:13 pm

We have purchased at IKEA before, 2 bookshelves, some pillows and other little things.

So;
This morning we drove (not very far)  to the annual 2012 Thanksgiving Octoberfest Parade in Waterloo, Ontario. Weather was nice and sunny. I had a good spot within the crowd to take some photos too. We had a good time.

Written By: nally on 10/08/12 at 3:47 pm

Anyways...today I began volunteer work at the library. The volunteer coordinator showed me around the place, starting with the "behind the scenes" rooms (the places where only staff are admitted) and various sections of the library itself. My first assignment was to make sure that the books-on-CD were properly arranged in order according to author. I didn't get all the way through that project in the two hours I was there, but I will finish it tomorrow. I told him that I'd be able to come in on Mondays and Tuesdays in the morning, and he was perfectly fine with that (especially for Tuesdays, since I would go there right after Contacts-N-Coffee, which meets just a few short blocks down the street).

Written By: warped on 10/08/12 at 3:56 pm

Anyways...today I began volunteer work at the library. The volunteer coordinator showed me around the place, starting with the "behind the scenes" rooms (the places where only staff are admitted) and various sections of the library itself. My first assignment was to make sure that the books-on-CD were properly arranged in order according to author. I didn't get all the way through that project in the two hours I was there, but I will finish it tomorrow. I told him that I'd be able to come in on Mondays and Tuesdays in the morning, and he was perfectly fine with that (especially for Tuesdays, since I would go there right after Contacts-N-Coffeee, which meets just a few short blocks down the street).

Great! I'm sure you will do very well in putting things in order. Good luck.

Written By: wildcard on 10/08/12 at 4:08 pm

Another exiting day of laundry today.  Yesterday I put a few of my plants in the ground.  Hopefully the roots will get some shade and the plants can grow and flower.

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/08/12 at 5:25 pm

Re. IKEA...

I can totally understand the 'hands on' thing. It's one thing to see it on-line or in a catalog, but it's quite another to see it 'in real life'. I too wouldn't want to drive 184 miles only to be disappointed. (Of course there's always the restaurant... although that too is nothing to write home about IMHO)

As I've said, the nearest IKEA is roughly 60 miles away (an hour's drive). That may not sound like much to you, but to put things in perspective: you can drive through my country (north to south or east to west) in less than three hours.
Heck most things here are 37+ miles away, if you want to do anything.  :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/08/12 at 5:26 pm

Cat
Nope that is what my post was about earlier....

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/12 at 5:53 pm

I'm with Karen I LOVE ikea.

It's not just furniture they have an array of household goods and accessories as well.  I'm obsessed w/ their kitchen gadgets and stuff. If I won the lottery and money was not an object- I'd still buy the ill of my stuff from ikea--- I just wouldn't calculate the costs as closely as I do now. 

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/08/12 at 6:58 pm

I'm with Karen I LOVE ikea.

It's not just furniture they have an array of household goods and accessories as well.  I'm obsessed w/ their kitchen gadgets and stuff. If I won the lottery and money was not an object- I'd still buy the ill of my stuff from ikea--- I just wouldn't calculate the costs as closely as I do now.
Boy do I know that feeling....

Written By: Howard on 10/08/12 at 7:37 pm

Cat

I shopped at IKEA.

Written By: Howard on 10/08/12 at 7:39 pm

Anyways...today I began volunteer work at the library. The volunteer coordinator showed me around the place, starting with the "behind the scenes" rooms (the places where only staff are admitted) and various sections of the library itself. My first assignment was to make sure that the books-on-CD were properly arranged in order according to author. I didn't get all the way through that project in the two hours I was there, but I will finish it tomorrow. I told him that I'd be able to come in on Mondays and Tuesdays in the morning, and he was perfectly fine with that (especially for Tuesdays, since I would go there right after Contacts-N-Coffeee, which meets just a few short blocks down the street).

very good Jeff. :)

Written By: nally on 10/08/12 at 11:25 pm

Great! I'm sure you will do very well in putting things in order. Good luck.

very good Jeff. :)

Thank you both. O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/09/12 at 11:13 am

Getting SSSSSSQQQQQQQUUUUUUUIIIIIIISSSSSSSHHHHHHEEEEEEEDDDDDD today.  8-P

Cat

Written By: karen on 10/09/12 at 11:37 am

Anyways...today I began volunteer work at the library. The volunteer coordinator showed me around the place, starting with the "behind the scenes" rooms (the places where only staff are admitted) and various sections of the library itself. My first assignment was to make sure that the books-on-CD were properly arranged in order according to author. I didn't get all the way through that project in the two hours I was there, but I will finish it tomorrow. I told him that I'd be able to come in on Mondays and Tuesdays in the morning, and he was perfectly fine with that (especially for Tuesdays, since I would go there right after Contacts-N-Coffee, which meets just a few short blocks down the street).

Good going Jeff.  Sounds a great place to volunteer.  WHo knows, maybe something permanent will result

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/09/12 at 11:41 am

Well done in getting a volunteering position, with this new skills will be learned and acquired.

Written By: nally on 10/10/12 at 12:05 am

Good going Jeff.  Sounds a great place to volunteer.  WHo knows, maybe something permanent will result

Well done in getting a volunteering position, with this new skills will be learned and acquired.

Thank you both. I am doing this only a couple hours a day for two days a week, as other people have applied to volunteer there as well. I finished one project and started another one, which I will continue with when I report again next week. :)

Written By: Henk on 10/10/12 at 1:55 am

All purchases have been delivered yesterday, so now I can start on The Big Build.

Delivery was scheduled to happen between 11 AM and 2 PM, and lo and behold...it was 11.15 AM when they showed up! :o
About an hour later I got a text message from the company that handles the deliveries. It said delivery was scheduled somewhere between 12.41 and 13.16 PM..? :-\\ Quite confusing, as I already had my stuff!

Written By: Howard on 10/10/12 at 7:18 am

Thank you both. I am doing this only a couple hours a day for two days a week, as other people have applied to volunteer there as well. I finished one project and started another one, which I will continue with when I report again next week. :)

Fantastic. keep up the good work.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/10/12 at 9:52 am

Was planning to go on a photo shoot for a major project I have been working on because the trees are just about at peak.  However, Mother Nature isn't cooperating (cloudy and may rain). So we will go to the boat and start getting her ready for her winter hibernation (actually 2 year hibernation because we are planning not to put her in the water next year because we will be out and about in our new toy). Hopefully, we can do the photo shoot on Saturday.

Cat

Written By: karen on 10/10/12 at 11:23 am

All purchases have been delivered yesterday, so now I can start on The Big Build.

Delivery was scheduled to happen between 11 AM and 2 PM, and lo and behold...it was 11.15 AM when they showed up! :o
About an hour later I got a text message from the company that handles the deliveries. It said delivery was scheduled somewhere between 12.41 and 13.16 PM..? :-\\ Quite confusing, as I already had my stuff!

Let's hope someone else didn't order the same stuff and missed their delivery

Written By: karen on 10/10/12 at 11:24 am

Can you put off building the stuff till I can come and visit?  I love building IKEA furniture!

Written By: Henk on 10/10/12 at 1:22 pm

Was planning to go on a photo shoot for a major project I have been working on because the trees are just about at peak.  However, Mother Nature isn't cooperating (cloudy and may rain). So we will go to the boat and start getting her ready for her winter hibernation (actually 2 year hibernation because we are planning not to put her in the water next year because we will be out and about in our new toy). Hopefully, we can do the photo shoot on Saturday.

Cat

Aw, shoot!  :D ;D ;) Fingers crossed for Saturday. :)

Written By: Henk on 10/10/12 at 1:24 pm

Let's hope someone else didn't order the same stuff and missed their delivery

Exactly the same stuff...? Now that would be spooky!

Can you put off building the stuff till I can come and visit?  I love building IKEA furniture!

Sure I can. Are you free this Saturday? ;D :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/10/12 at 2:58 pm

Cat

Wonderful, What's the photo shoot gonna be about?

Howard, please go back and reread what I posted and especially read what I highlighted in RED.

Daja vu all over again.

Cat

Written By: warped on 10/10/12 at 3:08 pm

Howard, please go back and reread what I posted and especially read what I highlighted in RED.

Daja vu all over again.

Cat

That's two in a row you had to use RED

Written By: Howard on 10/10/12 at 3:25 pm

Daja vu all over again.

Cat

Sorry Cat I did it again. :-[

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/10/12 at 3:56 pm

Sorry Cat I did it again. :-[

That's ok, Howard. We love you anyway.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/10/12 at 5:52 pm

So...our new microwave has FINALLY been delivered and installed. :)

Written By: Howard on 10/11/12 at 7:46 am

That's ok, Howard. We love you anyway.

Cat

Thank You.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/11/12 at 7:47 am

So...our new microwave has FINALLY been delivered and installed. :)

enjoy your new microwave.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/11/12 at 11:04 am

The contractor who is going to re-redo our kitchen came over this morning. I can't wait to get our new kitchen-should look the way it should have looked 3 years ago.

Cat

Written By: karen on 10/11/12 at 11:15 am

Sure I can. Are you free this Saturday? ;D :D

Sadly not.  School orienteering competition on Saturday.  I was thinking more like next July!

Written By: wildcard on 10/11/12 at 4:47 pm

a couple days ago, I was trying to pluck the hairs off my face because I wasn't planning on being the bearded lady.  I had hurt my eyes ( they had been sewed in the past when I got double vision).  Two days later now I decided to put on my eye patch.  I'm playing WOW and notice that my headache is on the eye not patched.  It did at first feel I was saving myself energy when I first patched my eye.  I'm going to tell my mom and as long as I'm just sitting here at home. I'm going to be a pirate with glasses.

Written By: nally on 10/11/12 at 4:48 pm

enjoy your new microwave.

Thanks Howard; it works like a charm!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/11/12 at 5:10 pm

Went to the boat. Drained the tank, took down the BOOM!!!! Brought home the sleeping bags, dishes, & stove. And basically got her ready for winter. Told the marina whenever they are ready to take the mast down and pull her out of the water. We are NOT going to put her in the water next year since we are planning to be out and about in our new toy.

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/11/12 at 5:38 pm

Went to the boat. Drained the tank, took down the BOOM!!!! Brought home the sleeping bags, dishes, & stove. And basically got her ready for winter. Told the marina whenever they are ready to take the mast down and pull her out of the water. We are NOT going to put her in the water next year since we are planning to be out and about in our new toy.

Cat
we are doung the same thing with our camper, withput the boom!  We are draining the water heater and lines and filling them with rv antifreeze.  Taking out the food, bedding and paper products so nothing will encourage mice.  Ready to stow her away for another year! :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/11/12 at 5:46 pm

we are doung the same thing with our camper, withput the boom!  We are draining the water heater and lines and filling them with rv antifreeze.  Taking out the food, bedding and paper products so nothing will encourage mice.  Ready to stow her away for another year! :(

If you are draining the lines, why do you need antifreeze?

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/11/12 at 6:04 pm

Cat
You have to bypass the water heater (making sure it is completely drained). And then you put in the RV antifreeze in the lines.  Camper lines are not like house lines, and always straight there are dips and valleys making complete draining impossible!  A little water left in will shatter the lines, and you do not $118/hour repair with parts cost, so add RV antifreeze is a must here!

Written By: wildcard on 10/11/12 at 6:09 pm

almost forgot that I'm seeing the endochrinologist tomorrow.  My mom thinks I'm crazy that I think I might be getting headaches from just using the eye. She says she use to get headaches around the eye's all the time from glasses strain.  I asked her why the eye patch wasn't straining me.  Wonder what the doctor will think.  I'm simply thinking that the brain controls everything so yeah if you have and eye patched or closed or whatever then yes your saving your brain energy. 

It rained a little and now I see the sun and a few clouds.

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/11/12 at 6:34 pm

Cat
Ohhhh and as we are doing it right now, the pumps!!!  Don't want the water pump to freeze, and make sure it is in the black and gray holding tanks for those valves!

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/11/12 at 6:56 pm

RV antifreeze in...  Sorta scared, just started to come through tub line when we ran out... I think I should make sure and buy another gallon tomorrow! 

Stuff is inside now to launder, and put groceries away  :P

Written By: Dagwood on 10/12/12 at 11:32 pm

Sarah is in a play at church, The Cross And The Switchblade.  She has a small part playing a pot smoking, prostitute in a gang.  Crazy to think of my baby there, but it doesn't matter to this story.  Anyway, tonight was opening night.  I volunteered to hang out backstage to help keep the kids quiet and their attention on their cues.  Mostly teenagers, lots of herding.  :D I get home to two messages from my mom.  One asking if we need a warm place to stay. Nice of her but it isn't that cold so I declined.  The next one was telling me if I didn't respond she was going to send someone to do a wellness check.  She got ahold of me through Sarah's phone, as mine was at home.  She was worried about carbon monoxide since I wasn't responding.    Yup, I scared my mom.  Glad she didn't send the cops, though.  We weren't home and I don't think the outcome would have been good.

Written By: wildcard on 10/12/12 at 11:55 pm

I get to drink more milk and exercise 30 minutes a day.  Hopefully I can find a way to exercise for that long without killing myself.  As far as diet, they want me to decrease my sat fat and increase my fiber. 

Written By: Henk on 10/13/12 at 10:01 am

The Bestå shelf unit with doors has been assembled successfully. :) As one might expect, the doors proved to be the trickiest part. Am I the only one wondering why they have to use those teeny tiny screws for the hinges? ???

Written By: wildcard on 10/13/12 at 11:13 am

I had a dream!  I seemed to be some kind of tour guide or talked like one, riding on a giant mouse over water.  There must be some meaning to this think I'll ask warped :D

I'm doing something right

Written By: nally on 10/13/12 at 12:20 pm

Well... I am no longer sick, but my mom is. She caught the cold I had last weekend, which I had caught from one of our guests from last week. :P So we are staying home and not going anywhere...

Written By: Dagwood on 10/13/12 at 1:52 pm

Well... I am no longer sick, but my mom is. She caught the cold I had last weekend, which I had caught from one of our guests from last week. :P So we are staying home and not going anywhere...

How nice of you to share with her. ;)

Written By: nally on 10/13/12 at 4:50 pm

How nice of you to share with her. ;)

Thanks. ;)

She was assigned to go out and do something for work (she works at the church, doing music, and often times on Saturdays there's funerals or weddings to be done), but had to call one of the other musicians to take her place.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/13/12 at 4:51 pm

Beautiful day so we went on a photo shoot. We went across state. Even though most of the trees are past peak,  :\'( :\'( :\'(  still managed to get a lot of GREAT shots. I'm sure I can use a bunch of them in the project I am working on. I will probably post a couple in the next few days.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/13/12 at 7:50 pm

hope she feels better.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/13/12 at 10:23 pm

I had a dream!  I seemed to be some kind of tour guide or talked like one, riding on a giant mouse over water.  There must be some meaning to this think I'll ask warped :D

I'm doing something right

That's a cool dream.  :)

Written By: wildcard on 10/13/12 at 11:53 pm

That's a cool dream.  :)

yes it is  one of my childhood crazy type dreams  that like I said I must be doing something right  to get these dreams back.

I managed to do 2 15 minute walks to get 30 minutes of exercise in.  The question is can I do it again tomorrow?  What hurts is my right leg and butt.  When I had my stroke the right side of my body was parolized for two days. 

Written By: loki 13 on 10/14/12 at 10:44 am

I managed to do 2 15 minute walks to get 30 minutes of exercise in.  The question is can I do it again tomorrow?  What hurts is my right leg and butt.  When I had my stroke the right side of my body was parolized for two days.

You have to do what you can for as long as you can. As important as exercise is, if you overexert yourself it is
easy to do more damage than good. Pace yourself and make it fun. If it is a chore you won't do it for long.

I don't know if this is a sign or a swift kick in the pants. I posted in another thread that I was thinking about
getting a degree in engineering. I am trying figure out, at my age, if it is worth the time, effort, or money.
Anyway, I've been working for the same company for 26 years, most of it in shop. We are slow now so I was
sent into the field to work. Where was I sent? Temple University . The professors
are younger than me, I think I'll look toward on-line degrees.

Written By: wildcard on 10/14/12 at 11:07 am

about my exercise, I think I'm okay and going to try what I did again.  If it works then that's cool, if I need to stop then I will.  I don't know anyone who has half their body damaged like mine nor do I know in what way it's damaged.  I think just some simple walking is the easiest and best for heart circulation.  Mom wants me to get on the exercise bike, but I think that would just make my right leg fall off eventually and my heart not as exercised.  I have very low blood pressure at least half as much as normal.

Written By: wildcard on 10/14/12 at 12:47 pm

i5 minutes down now to sit for at least an hour to make sure my left leg is okay.  I'm going to do the next 15 minutes outside like I did yesterday if my leg is okay.

Written By: snozberries on 10/14/12 at 12:56 pm

i5 minutes down now to sit for at least an hour to make sure my left leg is okay.  I'm going to do the next 15 minutes outside like I did yesterday if my leg is okay.

You could try 3 10 min walks (or do what I did this week) take a walk in the morning and in the evening. That gives you longer recovery time- if your body hurts an hour between walks is probably not enough rest.

Written By: Howard on 10/14/12 at 2:35 pm

yes it is  one of my childhood crazy type dreams  that like I said I must be doing something right  to get these dreams back.

Are you feeling ok? ???

Written By: wildcard on 10/14/12 at 4:37 pm

Are you feeling ok? ???

yup and I got my 30 minutes exercise in today.  I'm just not going to know what damage my right side took and will have to take it slow to make sure I'm not going to end up doing more harm to myself then good.  Seems to be working to do 15 min of walking after breakfast, rest, then 15 min after lunch.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/14/12 at 7:45 pm

Went to visit my mother today. She is doing much better. She was in exceptionally good spirits today and very much with it. We brought her flowers because tomorrow is her 82nd birthday. We didn't think she would make it to this one. I told Carlos that if she stayed at home and didn't go into the home, she wouldn't be here right now. He agreed. I feel bad for her because she was expecting a couple of friends who still didn't show up by the time we left (about 4). I had the feeling they wouldn't show up-which would really disappoint her. My mother's dear friend was coming with his nephew-who is notorious for saying he will do something and then doesn't come through. I know my mother really wants to see her dear friend who she hasn't seen since she go into the home. Hopefully, she will see him soon.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/14/12 at 10:36 pm

hope she feels better.

She seemed to feel a little better this morning.

Written By: snozberries on 10/15/12 at 3:50 am

Went to visit my mother today. She is doing much better. She was in exceptionally good spirits today and very much with it. We brought her flowers because tomorrow is her 82nd birthday. We didn't think she would make it to this one. I told Carlos that if she stayed at home and didn't go into the home, she wouldn't be here right now. He agreed. I feel bad for her because she was expecting a couple of friends who still didn't show up by the time we left (about 4). I had the feeling they wouldn't show up-which would really disappoint her. My mother's dear friend was coming with his nephew-who is notorious for saying he will do something and then doesn't come through. I know my mother really wants to see her dear friend who she hasn't seen since she go into the home. Hopefully, she will see him soon.

Cat

Glad your mom was in good spirits. Sorry her friend's nephew is a dipwad  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/15/12 at 10:33 am

Glad your mom was in good spirits. Sorry her friend's nephew is a dipwad  :-\\

She called me this morning and told me that her friend did show up but I don't think it was his nephew who brought him. Now he knows where she is, hopefully, he can go on his own.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/15/12 at 10:48 am

She called me this morning and told me that her friend did show up but I don't think it was his nephew who brought him. Now he knows where she is, hopefully, he can go on his own.

Cat

That's good...sounds like she had a good birthday

Written By: nally on 10/15/12 at 4:05 pm

Did some more volunteering at the library today. Also, the Library Director informed me of an "evacuation drill" which will happen next week, and explained what to do; so I'll be sure to prepare for that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/16/12 at 6:18 pm

We just had an earthquake. I am upstairs & Carlos is downstairs. He said he didn't feel it-but I did. Not a big one. Maybe a 2.0 or so if I had to guess-maybe smaller.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 10/16/12 at 6:30 pm

Just looked up my sample ballot.  They just redistricted so I wanted to find out my congressional race.  Found out it is the one where neither candidate actually says anything they will do.  Nothing but mean, nasty attack ads on both sides.  GRRRRRRRRR

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/16/12 at 6:50 pm

Just looked up my sample ballot.  They just redistricted so I wanted to find out my congressional race.  Found out it is the one where neither candidate actually says anything they will do.  Nothing but mean, nasty attack ads on both sides.  GRRRRRRRRR

How nice. So, just write yourself in.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 10/16/12 at 6:54 pm

how fun  our stuff came a little while ago and I'm going to have to luck intoit and see how I'd like to vote.

I have a doctor's appointment on the 23 rd and think I'll be doing some more blood tests.  No wonder I get so hungry for blood ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 10/16/12 at 6:55 pm

How nice. So, just write yourself in.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I might have too.  At least I know where I stand. ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/16/12 at 8:01 pm

Which district are you in?

Written By: Howard on 10/16/12 at 8:11 pm

We just had an earthquake. I am upstairs & Carlos is downstairs. He said he didn't feel it-but I did. Not a big one. Maybe a 2.0 or so if I had to guess-maybe smaller.

Cat

Wow are you both ok?  :o

Written By: Dagwood on 10/16/12 at 9:03 pm

Which district are you in?

4.  I guess I should be thankful they quit trying to lump me in with Utah County.  I have had it up to here with both Love and Matheson.  ::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/17/12 at 4:01 pm

4.  I guess I should be thankful they quit trying to lump me in with Utah County.  I have had it up to here with both Love and Matheson.  ::)

What's weird, is that I too, am in that district but I never seen commercials for either of them. 

I am all in favor of voting every sitting member of the house and senate straight out.  I will be voting for a third party candidate - I don't even care which one.  I just want to send a message to congress that we are sick of their sh*t!

Written By: Henk on 10/17/12 at 4:05 pm

Busy assembling my IKEA purchases... busted a toe in the process. Ouch!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/17/12 at 4:32 pm

OOOh. I am cringing just thinking about it.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/17/12 at 4:34 pm

Henk!  That is not in the instructions!

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear it.  Broken toes are the worst.  :(

Written By: Henk on 10/17/12 at 5:15 pm

Henk!  That is not in the instructions!

I didn't think I needed instructions!  ;D :D

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear it.  Broken toes are the worst.  :(

Thankfully it's not broken. It's just the toenail that is.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/17/12 at 5:15 pm

I didn't think I needed instructions!  ;D :D

Thankfully it's not broken. It's just the toenail that is.

I'm sure it hurts like hell anyway.  :(

Written By: snozberries on 10/17/12 at 6:14 pm

That sucks Henk. Glad it's not broken.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/17/12 at 7:08 pm

What's weird, is that I too, am in that district but I never seen commercials for either of them. 

I am all in favor of voting every sitting member of the house and senate straight out.  I will be voting for a third party candidate - I don't even care which one.  I just want to send a message to congress that we are sick of their sh*t!

Lucky.  I see it every damn commercial break.  First him then her.  It's truly annoying.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/17/12 at 7:15 pm

I totally understand how you feel. But, I HAVE to vote for our senator Bernie Sanders. This country needs more people like Bernie. He TRULY fights for the middle class.

Sorry, to talk politics in the PPP.

Back to the conversation.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 10/18/12 at 2:28 am

I'm sure it hurts like hell anyway.  :(

It's better today than it was yesterday. Didn't get much sleep, though. :(

Wrapped my toe up, and went to work anyway. It's not like I'm sick or anything...

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/18/12 at 2:30 am

Ouch!

It's better today than it was yesterday. Didn't get much sleep, though. :(

Wrapped my toe up, and went to work anyway. It's not like I'm sick or anything...
Technically, if you can still walk, you are not sick, but do take it easy today at work.

Written By: Henk on 10/18/12 at 3:18 am

Ouch!

Yeah, it hurt. I was smart enough though to submerge my foot in running cold water, which both stopped/prevented bleeding and swelling.

Technically, if you can still walk, you are not sick, but do take it easy today at work.

I'm not sure if you can call it 'walking'...  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/18/12 at 4:16 am

Yeah, it hurt. I was smart enough though to submerge my foot in running cold water, which both stopped/prevented bleeding and swelling.

Sort of a hobble more than walk?

Written By: Henk on 10/18/12 at 5:04 am

Sort of a hobble more than walk?

Sort of a hobble with a limp. ;D

Written By: warped on 10/18/12 at 6:28 am

Ah yes, the injuries we get from building things. Put Flap 'A' into Slot 'B', insert screw 1, 2 and 3 into slots 6a, 6b, 6c. Drop main part onto toe.
Curse, scream for 10 minutes.

Henk, Get well soon.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/18/12 at 6:55 am

IKEA!  Just can't do IKEA.  There is always something needing to be returned.

Written By: Henk on 10/18/12 at 7:05 am

Ah yes, the injuries we get from building things. Put Flap 'A' into Slot 'B', insert screw 1, 2 and 3 into slots 6a, 6b, 6c. Drop main part onto toe.

Or 'Curse, and kick things around in utter despair'

Curse, scream for 10 minutes.

Or 'Curse even more'

Henk, Get well soon.

Trying...

FTR: I involuntarily kicked the bookcase after I had it assembled.

IKEA!  Just can't do IKEA.  There is always something needing to be returned.

So far so good, as far as I'm concerned.

(Searches for a piece of wood to knock it off...)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/18/12 at 11:37 am

Going out to dinner today to celebrate the best day of my life (9 years ago today).  :)

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/18/12 at 12:02 pm

Going out to dinner today to celebrate the best day of my life (9 years ago today).  :)

Cat

Happy anniversary.

Written By: meesa on 10/18/12 at 12:21 pm

Cat

Happy Anniversary!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/18/12 at 12:29 pm

Cat
Happy anniversary.

Written By: karen on 10/18/12 at 1:56 pm

Cat

Congratulations to you and Carlos

Written By: Howard on 10/18/12 at 4:24 pm

OW I'm sorry you hurt your toe.  :(

Written By: Howard on 10/18/12 at 4:26 pm

cold water does stop the bleeding.

Written By: Howard on 10/18/12 at 4:27 pm

Cat

Happy Anniversary. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/18/12 at 7:10 pm

Happy Anniversary Cat and Carlos, you two lovebirds.

(Placeholder for a pic that I hope to put here soon.)

Written By: nally on 10/18/12 at 8:06 pm

Happy Anniversary, Cat and Carlos!! :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/19/12 at 7:13 am

Happy belated Anniversary!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/19/12 at 10:56 am

Thank you all. Had a nice dinner (as usual). The restaurant we go to is the same one we had our reception at and they treat us very well. The owner usually gives us a bottle of champagne but last night she didn't. Not that she didn't want to but they were totally out of champagne.  :o :o :o :o  They are a seasonal restaurant and will be closing in two days so they didn't restock. So, instead of the champagne, she bought us drinks. Oh well.

It was very busy-and for a Thursday night at that! And they only had ONE waitress!  :o :o :o :o  The owner & her husband were helping out. Usually she will stop and talk but she just didn't have time. But, she did tell us that their dishwasher had broke earlier in the day so they had to wash everything by hand. I did manage to talk to her for a few minutes about the big party we are going to have next year. We just can't decide if the party will be in April or October.  :-\\ I have got a few months to decide that.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/19/12 at 2:14 pm

Thank you all. Had a nice dinner (as usual). The restaurant we go to is the same one we had our reception at and they treat us very well. The owner usually gives us a bottle of champagne but last night she didn't. Not that she didn't want to but they were totally out of champagne.  :o :o :o :o  They are a seasonal restaurant and will be closing in two days so they didn't restock. So, instead of the champagne, she bought us drinks. Oh well.

It was very busy-and for a Thursday night at that! And they only had ONE waitress!  :o :o :o :o  The owner & her husband were helping out. Usually she will stop and talk but she just didn't have time. But, she did tell us that their dishwasher had broke earlier in the day so they had to wash everything by hand. I did manage to talk to her for a few minutes about the big party we are going to have next year. We just can't decide if the party will be in April or October.  :-\\ I have got a few months to decide that.

Cat

Weren't they out of champagne last year (or they year before) too? I vaguely remember you having to celebrate early b/c you were going to PR or you going and on the day and them being out.

Did you get lobster?  ;)

M&m m&m b-day party or anniversary party.... Big decision. You know which one I vote for  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/19/12 at 2:35 pm

Weren't they out of champagne last year (or they year before) too? I vaguely remember you having to celebrate early b/c you were going to PR or you going and on the day and them being out.

Did you get lobster?  ;)

M&m m&m b-day party or anniversary party.... Big decision. You know which one I vote for  :D

Don't don't have lobster there-but I did have shrimp & scallops scampi. YUMMY!!!! I'll be having it again for dinner tomorrow.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maybe they were out of champagne once before. Don't really recall. But one year (2009) we did go early because we went to PR to buy a house.  ;D ;D ;D

You would vote for a birthday party, huh? The big decision is if I want the party all to myself or to allow Carlos to be included.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D  I think it really all depends on logistics of everything. We just have to weight out all the issues and see which one will be best.

Cat

Written By: karen on 10/20/12 at 11:01 am

Two weeks off work!  In the UK all schools close for one or two weeks part way through each school term (half term holiday)  Thankfully this year both James and Elizabeth are off at the same time.

We are going away for a few days Mon-Thurs.  Nowhere exotic, just a youth hostel in the West of England.  Not yet made any specific plans about activities.

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/20/12 at 11:11 am

Two weeks off work!  In the UK all schools close for one or two weeks part way through each school term (half term holiday)  Thankfully this year both James and Elizabeth are off at the same time.

We are going away for a few days Mon-Thurs.  Nowhere exotic, just a youth hostel in the West of England.  Not yet made any specific plans about activities.
I so wish our schools would do this, I know some do (but not here in Iowa). If they did we could take advantage of cheap vacations!

Written By: karen on 10/20/12 at 11:39 am

I so wish our schools would do this, I know some do (but not here in Iowa). If they did we could take advantage of cheap vacations!

Except every school has the holidays at the same time so the travel companies put their prices up. 

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/20/12 at 4:42 pm

Except every school has the holidays at the same time so the travel companies put their prices up.
Ok...  That would suck again!  Good thought while it lasted! 

Written By: wildcard on 10/20/12 at 11:47 pm

Joel came down today and we visited.  He brought over the movie Teen Hunger with him so we watched that. 

John not Joel

Written By: nally on 10/22/12 at 3:36 pm

Monday...so it was my day to volunteer at the library. (So is tomorrow.) But this morning we had an "evacuation drill" at 10:30 so I made sure I was prepared for that. It only lasted 20 minutes at the absolute most, and went off without a hitch. Then I continued with the project I was working on.

Written By: nally on 10/24/12 at 4:03 pm

So, today's my parents' 36th wedding anniversary, and they are staying home from work. Tonight they will be going out for dinner to celebrate their special day. My mom has a place picked out, and plans to tell my dad where it is when they go out tonight.

Written By: Howard on 10/24/12 at 7:41 pm

So, today's my parents' 36th wedding anniversary, and they are staying home from work. Tonight they will be going out for dinner to celebrate their special day. My mom has a place picked out, and plans to tell my dad where it is when they go out tonight.

Happy Anniversary to your parents!  :)

Written By: nally on 10/25/12 at 12:26 am

Happy Anniversary to your parents!  :)

Thanks Howard...and they told me they enjoyed their meal out tonight. :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/25/12 at 9:46 am

For Snoz:

http://i48.tinypic.com/14e8eif.jpg

Written By: meesa on 10/25/12 at 11:54 am

For Snoz:

;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/12 at 4:08 pm

For Snoz:

I'm snoz and I approve this message!!! O0

;D

Thanks needed a good laugh today!

Written By: karen on 10/25/12 at 4:58 pm

It was predicted to be a heat wave this week.  How wrong they were!  Damp, foggy and drizzle.

Still we had a good time (if a little too exciting for me at times).  On the drive down we went to a castle.  We went for a bike ride through the forest (though I had to push mine when it was too steep up or down for me).  And caving for the afternoon, including a real squeeze through a hole known as the rabbit hole.  Walked around a sculpture trail (too much walking, not enough sculpture was our verdict!) and went to the site of an Iron Age hill fort with great views over a river.  On the way homw we played mini golf and went around a maze.

We stayed in a youth hostel that started life as King John's hunting lodge.  Our room used to be the constable's quarters and was located in one of the towers of the castle.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/25/12 at 5:33 pm

It was predicted to be a heat wave this week.  How wrong they were!  Damp, foggy and drizzle.

Still we had a good time (if a little too exciting for me at times).  On the drive down we went to a castle.  We went for a bike ride through the forest (though I had to push mine when it was too steep up or down for me).  And caving for the afternoon, including a real squeeze through a hole known as the rabbit hole.  Walked around a sculpture trail (too much walking, not enough sculpture was our verdict!) and went to the site of an Iron Age hill fort with great views over a river.  On the way homw we played mini golf and went around a maze.

We stayed in a youth hostel that started life as King John's hunting lodge.  Our room used to be the constable's quarters and was located in one of the towers of the castle.

That sounds amazing!!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/25/12 at 6:57 pm

I love the description of your trips, I feel like I'm right along with you (without having to walk/waddle behind).  Do you have any pictures of the castle?  Lately I've been on a castle kick, looking at pictures from all over.  Must be because I've been rearranging my sand castles figurines.  ;D

Written By: nally on 10/25/12 at 10:50 pm

That sounds amazing!!

Indeed it does...

Written By: karen on 10/26/12 at 8:15 am

I love the description of your trips, I feel like I'm right along with you (without having to walk/waddle behind).  Do you have any pictures of the castle?  Lately I've been on a castle kick, looking at pictures from all over.  Must be because I've been rearranging my sand castles figurines.  ;D

Yet again we took our camera for a little trip inside a bag.  We did not take any pictures!

However i can probably find something on-line...

this is Goodrich Castle, we visited this on the way down

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/content/properties/goodrich-castle/288622/main.jpg

This is where we stayed.

http://www.somethingparanormal.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/StBriaCastle2.jpg

We stayed in the tower on the left hand side.  Apparently the ground floor room is supposed to be haunted; we stayed in the room above this.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/26/12 at 10:18 am

Yet again we took our camera for a little trip inside a bag.  We did not take any pictures!

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/content/properties/goodrich-castle/288622/main.jpg

This is where we stayed.

http://www.somethingparanormal.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/StBriaCastle2.jpg

We stayed in the tower on the left hand side.  Apparently the ground floor room is supposed to be haunted; we stayed in the room above this.

Way cool. Looks like fun.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/26/12 at 10:55 am

Gonna be a pincushion again today. And then my brother will be in town so we may see him & his wife.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 10/26/12 at 6:19 pm

This is where we stayed.

Awesome!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/26/12 at 6:29 pm

My brother's wife just drives me INSANE!!!!! She knows EVERYTHING!!!!

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/26/12 at 8:03 pm

This is where we stayed.

lol  I like that.  "Taking your camera on a trip inside it's bag"  ;D

The castle is beautiful and the lodge is too, it's castle-y too!  Pretty.  pretty!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/26/12 at 11:34 pm

This is where we stayed.

Wow.  That really is just so cool.  I can't even imagine being in a place like that!

Written By: nally on 10/27/12 at 1:00 am

This is where we stayed.

Wow; looks like it was interesting (for lack of a better word). Hope you had a nice time.

Written By: snozberries on 10/27/12 at 11:20 am

Garage sale today...hopefully I make the gas money to get back to Cali lol

Hey Jeff- how much is gas at the shell by Walmart?

&/or at the station by Best Buy???

It's been 3 weeks since I've been in our area I'm not sure if gas has risen or gone down in that time period.

Written By: nally on 10/27/12 at 11:22 am

Garage sale today...hopefully I make the gas money to get back to Cali lol

Hey Jeff- how much is gas at the shell by Walmart?

&/or at the station by Best Buy???

It's been 3 weeks since I've been in our area I'm not sure if gas has risen or gone down in that time period.

Well, yesterday when I passed by those stations, the lowest price was $4.35.

Written By: snozberries on 10/27/12 at 11:27 am

Thanks. That's about 40 cents cheaper than it was SB when I left town so I guess that's good.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/27/12 at 11:33 am

Ouch! Super expensive. Here it is $3.89.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/27/12 at 11:34 am

Cat

Wish it would get down to that level in California...

Written By: warped on 10/27/12 at 11:38 am

Both still cheaper than here.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/27/12 at 11:43 am

Both still cheaper than here.

You have higher taxes to pay for your universal health care. I would gladly pay more if it means everyone had health care.

Cat

Written By: warped on 10/27/12 at 11:48 am

You have higher taxes to pay for your universal health care. I would gladly pay more if it means everyone had health care.

Cat

You might get  that healthcare someday. Ted Kennedy's work will be remembered.

Written By: snozberries on 10/27/12 at 11:49 am

Cat

We had some sort of gas shortage or rupture in a gas line or something so gas shot up earlier in the month. Some places it was higher than $5 a gal.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/27/12 at 11:50 am

You might get  that healthcare someday. Ted Kennedy's work will be remembered.

Personally, I do have it. It is called the V.A. but hopefully, all in my country will. Obamacare is a start.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/27/12 at 11:52 am

Days before the (whatever) happened I found gas for $3.99 at a station in SB & at the Am/Pm in Ventura off of Victoria (by Tommy Burgers)

Written By: nally on 10/27/12 at 11:54 am

Days before the (whatever) happened I found gas for $3.99 at a station in SB & at the Am/Pm in Ventura off of Victoria (by Tommy Burgers)

Interesting; that's how much it was at Costco yesterday when I filled the tank.

Written By: snozberries on 10/27/12 at 12:33 pm

Interesting; that's how much it was at Costco yesterday when I filled the tank.

Well shoot. Then I'm leaving early enough on Monday to get to Costco before they close.

Written By: nally on 10/27/12 at 1:07 pm

Yep, that's a fairly newer establishment. They usually have it at a lower price than the chain gas stations.  Haven't stopped there yet but I'd like to someday.

Written By: snozberries on 10/27/12 at 1:26 pm

Yep, that's a fairly newer establishment. They usually have it at a lower price than the chain gas stations.  Haven't stopped there yet but I'd like to someday.

It's great. Friendly staff too. Like most Arci's tgeres a few for using a card so it's better to pay cash. I hear Tommy's has great burgers but I've not eaten there yet.

Written By: nally on 10/27/12 at 2:31 pm

It's great. Friendly staff too. Like most Arci's tgeres a few for using a card so it's better to pay cash. I hear Tommy's has great burgers but I've not eaten there yet.

I haven't eaten a Tommy's burger yet, either... but I think I know some people who have.

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/27/12 at 2:39 pm

Cat
Here it is 3.34!  Come to Iowa Q :)

Written By: warped on 10/27/12 at 2:44 pm

Here it is 3.34!  Come to Iowa Q :)

If you build it ( the gas station) we will come.
;)

Written By: Dagwood on 10/27/12 at 4:20 pm

Cat

I just got gas for $3.63.

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/28/12 at 8:33 am

Wasn't there a "what's the gas prices where you live". Thread????  Or am I imagining this?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/12 at 8:47 am

Wasn't there a "what's the gas prices where you live". Thread????  Or am I imagining this?
This one?

Anybody want to talk about Gas Prices?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/12 at 8:48 am

Not this one

Written By: wildcard on 10/28/12 at 11:52 am

a few nights ago my ear bled.  Yesterday, I went to urgent care and got some medicene for what looked like another ear infection.  Doesn't hurt or is so mild I don't notice a thing.  Still have my cold too, but now I can blow my nose and am not so dry and backed up everywhere that I just want to die or something.

Written By: meesa on 10/28/12 at 1:55 pm

a few nights ago my ear bled.  Yesterday, I went to urgent care and got some medicene for what looked like another ear infection.  Doesn't hurt or is so mild I don't notice a thing.  Still have my cold too, but now I can blow my nose and am not so dry and backed up everywhere that I just want to die or something.

Get better soon!

Written By: wildcard on 10/28/12 at 3:46 pm

Get better soon!

thanks  I think it's gonna be fine.  I think this is the first time a doctor has told me to put ear drops in both my ears in case the other one may be infected ( the real dry over radiated one).  I might end up real nice and clean.. 

Written By: Howard on 10/28/12 at 4:09 pm

feel better!

Written By: wildcard on 10/28/12 at 6:04 pm

feel better!

will do

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/28/12 at 6:40 pm

Went to visit my mother today. We didn't stay too long. Wanted to get home before the wind started to kick up.

Cat

Written By: warped on 10/28/12 at 7:34 pm

Went to visit my mother today. We didn't stay too long. Wanted to get home before the wind started to kick up.

Cat

You got lots of wind already? Dang.
How is your mom?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/28/12 at 7:57 pm

You got lots of wind already? Dang.
How is your mom?

The wind has been kicking up all day but it is not as bad as it is going to get. I just hope that Carlos can get to the store tomorrow before it get REALLY bad. The store is only a few blocks so it is not that far. But, if the weather is REALLY bad...He needs to pick up some things we are about to run out of so we don't HAVE to go out for the next few days.

Mom is doing ok. I am a bit worried because it seems like her stomach is a bit swollen. She looks like she is pregnant.  :o :o :o  But, I think it has been like that for a while now. We have been going to visit her every other week now-but it STILL gets old. Not so much of visiting with her but the fact that we spend about 7 hours in car for only about an hour or two visit. It is 3 & 1/2 hours ONE WAY!!! VERY LONG!!!!

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 10/29/12 at 6:44 am

Still here, for now. Work was cancelled for today so here I sit at home, watching the wind and rain.
It's not too bad yet but we'll see. Our hatches are battened and the house supplied so we are as
ready as we can be. The eye of the storm is supposed to hit Atlantic City,NJ, that is 55 miles ESE
of me. With a storm this size it will be kicking us right in the nuts.

Written By: warped on 10/29/12 at 6:53 am

Still here, for now. Work was cancelled for today so here I sit at home, watching the wind and rain.
It's not too bad yet but we'll see. Our hatches are battened and the house supplied so we are as
ready as we can be. The eye of the storm is supposed to hit Atlantic City,NJ, that is 55 miles ESE

Wow, you are really close. I just hope everyone will be alright. Hang in there.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/12 at 7:20 am

The wind has been kicking up all day but it is not as bad as it is going to get. I just hope that Carlos can get to the store tomorrow before it get REALLY bad. The store is only a few blocks so it is not that far. But, if the weather is REALLY bad...He needs to pick up some things we are about to run out of so we don't HAVE to go out for the next few days.

stay safe Cat.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/12 at 7:21 am

New York has been quite windy and most likely it will get even gustier as the day progresses.

Written By: karen on 10/29/12 at 7:29 am

Hoping all my East Coast friends stay safe

Written By: nally on 10/29/12 at 8:55 am

ditto...

Written By: nally on 10/29/12 at 8:55 am

thanks  I think it's gonna be fine.  I think this is the first time a doctor has told me to put ear drops in both my ears in case the other one may be infected ( the real dry over radiated one).  I might end up real nice and clean..

Hope you feel better ASAP!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/29/12 at 10:10 am

Sending out hopes and prayers for everyone affected by the storm!!

Written By: snozberries on 10/29/12 at 10:13 am

Karen beat me to it....

I'll be thinking of you on my long assed drive home....

Stay safe ill check in sometime tonight.

Written By: wildcard on 10/29/12 at 10:44 am

Hope you feel better ASAP!

Well I do feel fine.

Now that I'm getting drops in both my ears for a change it will take out any infections that might be in either ear and in either and get all my dry dead skin out of me.  Definatly looking forward to this.

and of course I don't want the storm to do anything besides pass

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/29/12 at 11:21 am

Ditto, please take care all those on the East Coast.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/29/12 at 11:58 am

Carlos is heading out to the store to pick up those items. Right now, we are getting some gust of wind but it is basically the calm before the storm. Vermont is really bracing for it because we are still cleaning up after Irene. When we get hit with a hurricane, we usually don't get too much wind damage because it has to cross a lot land before it hits us which slows it down. We get the flooding.  :-\\

For those of you who are in the direct path: Loki, Howard, Danoota, Chucky, & Max, PLEASE, PLEASE stay safe.

Of course I have two sisters who are in Conn. Don't think I'm not worried about them.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/29/12 at 2:57 pm

Thanks Karen.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/12 at 2:58 pm

Sending out hopes and prayers for everyone affected by the storm!!

Thanks Ash.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/12 at 2:59 pm

Carlos is heading out to the store to pick up those items. Right now, we are getting some gust of wind but it is basically the calm before the storm. Vermont is really bracing for it because we are still cleaning up after Irene. When we get hit with a hurricane, we usually don't get too much wind damage because it has to cross a lot land before it hits us which slows it down. We get the flooding.  :-\\

For those of you who are in the direct path: Loki, Howard, Danoota, Chucky, & Max, PLEASE, PLEASE stay safe.

Of course I have two sisters who are in Conn. Don't think I'm not worried about them.

Cat

Thanks Cat, you too stay safe.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/29/12 at 6:40 pm

Stay safe our east coast friends.

Written By: snozberries on 10/29/12 at 9:22 pm

I made it in 7 hrs and 23 minutes.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/29/12 at 9:28 pm

Cat

Shannon and Kkay (karen) and Tia as well.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/30/12 at 11:24 am

Yeah. I know Shannon is ok. I saw her on-line.

Cat

Written By: karen on 10/30/12 at 3:15 pm

Parent - teacher meeting today with James's teacher.  Generally a good report from her.  The only problems are James talking too much in class and his poor writing skills.  He is a very smart kid but this doesn't aways come across when he has formal testing.  For example, because he didn't answer all the questions in the reading comprehension paper he got a low mark for his reading ability.  But his teacher knows that he could have verbally answered all the questions fully.  So I am going to get him to do more writing practice at home on nights he doesn't have homework (which is most nights!)

He is also hoping to get selected for a competition involving building technical lego robots!

Spent most of today helping elizabeth make a halloween cake.  chocolate cake with a spiders web iced on it and chocolate teacake spiders!

Written By: nally on 10/30/12 at 5:06 pm

I hope they are all ok

Written By: snozberries on 10/30/12 at 8:12 pm

He is also hoping to get selected for a competition involving building technical lego robots!

Sounds fun!!! Hope he gets picked!!!

Spent most of today helping elizabeth make a halloween cake.  chocolate cake with a spiders web iced on it and chocolate teacake spiders!

We want to see pics!

Written By: snozberries on 10/31/12 at 8:29 am

Happy Halloween you weenies  ;D

It's Halloween at UCSB that means a 14 hr shift for yours truly!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/31/12 at 9:57 am

Happy Halloween!

Written By: Henk on 10/31/12 at 10:00 am

Happy Halloween you weenies  ;D

It's Halloween at UCSB that means a 14 hr shift for yours truly!

14? Not 13? :D

Written By: meesa on 10/31/12 at 10:42 am

Blessed Samhain!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zghOuwyJ7zE/TM2TyJPsJqI/AAAAAAAAEms/kZn5phORQr8/s1600/BlessedSamhain2D2.jpg

Happy Halloween!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6q-f-zD4xPY/SQrNG7HOGtI/AAAAAAAAHf0/CVOrkSVJqCY/s320/happy_halloween.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/31/12 at 11:43 am

Gearing up for visits from the local little ghosts & goblins. I only got 9 bags of candy this year instead of the usual 10. I'm wondering if I am going to run out.  :-\\ With 10 bags, some years we do run out, others we don't. I'm wondering how many Sandy will keep away.

Cat

Written By: warped on 10/31/12 at 1:02 pm

Happy Halloween!

http://images.mix.com.au/2010/10/28/479934/halloween-fail2-600x400.jpg

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/31/12 at 1:32 pm

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww64/CatwomanofV/pumpkinyuck.jpg

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/31/12 at 2:30 pm

14? Not 13? :D

nope...unlucky 14  :(

Written By: snozberries on 10/31/12 at 2:31 pm

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww64/CatwomanofV/pumpkinyuck.jpg

Cat

love it!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/31/12 at 5:12 pm

;D

I only see a X.    :(

Written By: warped on 10/31/12 at 5:16 pm

I only see a X.    :(

Does this link work?

Written By: nally on 10/31/12 at 7:06 pm

I went to CNC (Contacts N Coffee) this morning and met a few new people; and some of the usual folks were there who I've gotten to know over the past five months. After that I went to do some volunteer work, then came home.

Written By: wildcard on 10/31/12 at 9:14 pm

Ate dinner, wondering if any  t r t ers  will stop buy our street that has one house with some kind of little decoration on it.  I'm wearing my necklace with the scull on it and cant decide if I want to put on my jester outfit. or my eye patch and put my spider on my shoulder, or clip my bunny on my hair and put my magic hat on. 

Written By: wildcard on 11/01/12 at 11:02 am

I ended up doing  nothing and there were only like two groups of people that came to the door.  We put on the movie Clue which I've seen, but I guess mom haden't.  I'll watch it again.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/12 at 11:29 am

We ran out of candy last night because I only bought 9 bags instead of my usual 10. I think we would probably have even run out if I had bought the 10. The funniest moment was this one kid was so excited about the chocolate and went on, "They have Hershey's chocolate! They have Hershey's chocolate!"

Cat

Written By: warped on 11/01/12 at 11:34 am

We ran out of candy last night because I only bought 9 bags instead of my usual 10. I think we would probably have even run out if I had bought the 10. The funniest moment was this one kid was so excited about the chocolate and went on, "They have Hershey's chocolate! They have Hershey's chocolate!"

Cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47-blY2vZMY

Written By: Dagwood on 11/01/12 at 9:09 pm

I only made it to half of the harvest party because my stupid truck picked last night to try to kick the bucket.  Last week, furnace, this week truck.  Thankfully my mom has an extra car.

It was the starter.  Replaced and back at home.  No more big repairs for a while please.

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/12 at 10:05 pm

I only made it to half of the harvest party because my stupid truck picked last night to try to kick the bucket.  Last week, furnace, this week truck.  Thankfully my mom has an extra car.

It was the starter.  Replaced and back at home.  No more big repairs for a while please.

aw man!!!  I'm sorry dag!  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 11/01/12 at 10:32 pm

aw man!!!  I'm sorry dag!  :-\\

Thanks.  It has to be done, right?

The worst part?  Our church had a live, full grown camel at the petting zoo and I didn't get a chance to pet it because I had to leave early.  That earned my jeep an extra mean word.

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/12 at 10:48 pm

Thanks.  It has to be done, right?

The worst part?  Our church had a live, full grown camel at the petting zoo and I didn't get a chance to pet it because I had to leave early.  That earned my jeep an extra mean word.

meh....the camel probably would've just spit in your eye  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/12 at 10:35 am

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

And you didn't miss much with the camel. I rode one once and they are really nasty creatures.

Cat

Written By: karen on 11/02/12 at 1:11 pm

And you didn't miss much with the camel. I rode one once and they are really nasty creatures.

Cat

Elizabeth still remembers riding one when she was not quite 3 years old.  One other in the convoy tried to bite her shoe.

Check for new replies or respond here...