inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: We should call it Move-mber...to prepare for the Zombies! What's up: NOVEMBER...

Written By: snozberries on 10/31/12 at 8:33 am

Yep I went there...again... You knew I would. Thanks for waiting for me!

So.....plans anyone?

Subject: Re: We should call it Move-mber...to prepare for the Zombies! What's up: NOVEMBER...

Written By: Henk on 10/31/12 at 8:58 am

So.....plans anyone?

Not really. I'm just hoping to make tomorrow, because...

November 1 will be my 12.5 year anniversary with my current employer.  :D In The Netherlands, it's common to celebrate this feat (known as a copper jubilee), so there will be cake.

Subject: Re: We should call it Move-mber...to prepare for the Zombies! What's up: NOVEMBER...

Written By: meesa on 10/31/12 at 9:13 am

November 1 will be my 12.5 year anniversary with my current employer.  :D In The Netherlands, it's common to celebrate this feat (known as a copper jubilee), so there will be cake.

Congrats!  :)

Written By: Henk on 10/31/12 at 9:26 am

Congrats!  :)

Thank you. :)

Written By: snozberries on 10/31/12 at 9:43 am

Gefeliciteerd!!!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/31/12 at 9:47 am

I am so mad.  I had the perfect title for this month's thread, but nooooooooooo, Snoz had to beat me to it.    >:( :P

Written By: Henk on 10/31/12 at 10:03 am

Gefeliciteerd!!!

And thank you too. :)

Twelve and a half years may not seem like much, but I'm very proud of myself. I only lasted 8.5 years in my previous employment. ;D

Written By: Henk on 10/31/12 at 10:05 am

I am so mad.  I had the perfect title for this month's thread, but nooooooooooo, Snoz had to beat me to it.    >:( :P

* Note to self: DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! *

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/31/12 at 11:04 am

* Note to self: DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! *

:P

Written By: snozberries on 10/31/12 at 2:32 pm

what was it????

Written By: warped on 10/31/12 at 9:35 pm

Apparently, my mom will be gong to a retirement home in early November.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/12 at 4:01 am

"White Rabbit"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/12 at 9:49 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR8LFNUr3vw

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 11/01/12 at 5:36 pm

Finally got Sig to a lawyer to make out his will/power of attorney/health care proxy.  He kept putting it off, but the death of a few close friends brought it all home to him, that you never know what is going to happen.  He used to say it wouldn't matter what happened to his stuff because he'd be dead anyway, but he also said he wanted to make sure Youngone was taken care of.  I explained that unless he made out a will, Youngone would only get what his brother and sister gave him out of the kindness of their hearts, and that more than likely his niece and nephews, who are already well to do, would probably benefit most.  Epiphany!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/12 at 6:44 pm

Finally got Sig to a lawyer to make out his will/power of attorney/health care proxy.  He kept putting it off, but the death of a few close friends brought it all home to him, that you never know what is going to happen.  He used to say it wouldn't matter what happened to his stuff because he'd be dead anyway, but he also said he wanted to make sure Youngone was taken care of.  I explained that unless he made out a will, Youngone would only get what his brother and sister gave him out of the kindness of their hearts, and that more than likely his niece and nephews, who are already well to do, would probably benefit most.  Epiphany!

That reminds me. I need to update my will.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/12 at 6:46 pm

That reminds me. I need to update my will.  :-\\

Cat

:-(

Written By: Dagwood on 11/01/12 at 9:11 pm

Glad it worked.

Before my dad died he told me he wanted me to keep all the money from the sale of the house.  My brothers are both very well to do and I am pretty poor.  I told him to put it in writing.  Didn't happen and I had to split it.  My only problem with splitting it was once I divied up the money, they quit talking to me.  I haven't heard from either one in 4 years.  Jerks.

3 weeks til Thanksgiving!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/02/12 at 4:24 am

Glad it worked.

Before my dad died he told me he wanted me to keep all the money from the sale of the house.  My brothers are both very well to do and I am pretty poor.  I told him to put it in writing.  Didn't happen and I had to split it.  My only problem with splitting it was once I divied up the money, they quit talking to me.  I haven't heard from either one in 4 years.  Jerks.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine, sort of.  She moved back home, put her life on hold, to take care of her father. He didn't make out a will, and when it came to split up everything her sister and brother agreed she should have the house, but the other brother, who was well set up, didn't agree.  It was at the height of the boom and she didn't have enough to buy him out so they had to sell.  The one brother took his share, the other two let her keep theirs.  Funny thing is the one brother who took the money was her favorite growing up.  Things change.

Written By: ninny on 11/02/12 at 9:47 am

Got this message from Howard:
Hey Ninny glad you mailed me. just about everything is down that's why I haven't been online in days hopefully our electricity will be back by Friday maybe Monday 11/5th the latest so we'll see what happens. I do apologize and I miss the buddies a lot, give my regards and say that I'm alright I'll be back soon. Ok and take care. :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/12 at 9:51 am

Hey Ninny glad you mailed me. just about everything is down that's why I haven't been online in days hopefully our electricity will be back by Friday maybe Monday 11/5th the latest so we'll see what happens. I do apologize and I miss the buddies a lot, give my regards and say that I'm alright I'll be back soon. Ok and take care. :)

that's good to know thanks for the update....

I meant to saw that kkay and shannon were okay...re their fb posts...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/12 at 10:45 am

Glad it worked.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine, sort of.  She moved back home, put her life on hold, to take care of her father. He didn't make out a will, and when it came to split up everything her sister and brother agreed she should have the house, but the other brother, who was well set up, didn't agree.  It was at the height of the boom and she didn't have enough to buy him out so they had to sell.  The one brother took his share, the other two let her keep theirs.  Funny thing is the one brother who took the money was her favorite growing up.  Things change.

I am so glad that none of that happened when my father died. All my sibs have really come together. There hasn't been any bickering about "stuff" or $$$. The only bickering had to do with my brother's wife & that b!tch who my dad allowed to take advantage of him. Of course my brother's wife (and my brother) thinks that she is "ALL THAT" and allowed her to get even more since he is executor of the will.  >:( >:( >:( >:(  But she is gone now-out of our lives and we never have to deal with her again.

Good to know. Carlos called the Ozone Park Pathmark yesterday. Didn't talk to Howard since he wasn't working but they did say that he was at work the day before-so he is ok.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/02/12 at 10:45 am

So glad to know that you received a message from him that's he's doing ok. Many thanks.

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/12 at 10:48 am

I am so glad that none of that happened when my father died. All my sibs have really come together. There hasn't been any bickering about "stuff" or $$$. The only bickering had to do with my brother's wife & that b!tch who my dad allowed to take advantage of him. Of course my brother's wife (and my brother) thinks that she is "ALL THAT" and allowed her to get even more since he is executor of the will.  >:( >:( >:( >:(  But she is gone now-out of our lives and we never have to deal with her again.

Good to know. Carlos called the Ozone Park Pathmark yesterday. Didn't talk to Howard since he wasn't working but they did say that he was at work the day before-so he is ok.

Cat

that was very sweet of Carlos (you both) to check up on Howard...  y'all know (I think) where I work if ya ever need to check up on me... then again many of you have my cell anyway so ya could just text me! I may be stranded but I'll always have my phone....even when the zombies start chasing me!      :D

Written By: danootaandme on 11/02/12 at 11:42 am

YAY!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/02/12 at 11:59 am

It was so kind of you guys to check on Howard.  <3

All of this will talk has me nervous.  My dad is in the hospital and is NOT doing well.  My oldest sister Jill has Power of Attorney, but I am the one that takes care of him every single day.  I am the one who has been going to the hospital 2-3 times per day.  She hasn't been once.  And I am scared to death that she is going to manipulate it so that she gets more money than the rest of us.  She and her husband have borrowed from their 401 K so many times that it is practically nonexistent.  I simply don't trust her, but she's the oldest so of course she is in charge.  The problem I have with that, is that she has already had my dad change his will in her favor.  My other sister Alix owes Jill money, so she had my dad put in his will that whatever Alix owes Jill will automatically be deducted from Alixes share.  And I do understand that Alix owes her, but as far as I am concerned, that is between Jill and Alix.  It is Alixes responsibility to pay Jill, not my dad's.  Anyway...it's just bad.  And I know, this should probably go in the "when parents are ailing" thread but here it is.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/12 at 12:10 pm

All of this will talk has me nervous.  My dad is in the hospital and is NOT doing well.  My oldest sister Jill has Power of Attorney, but I am the one that takes care of him every single day.  I am the one who has been going to the hospital 2-3 times per day.  She hasn't been once.  And I am scared to death that she is going to manipulate it so that she gets more money than the rest of us.  She and her husband have borrowed from their 401 K so many times that it is practically nonexistent.  I simply don't trust her, but she's the oldest so of course she is in charge.  The problem I have with that, is that she has already had my dad change his will in her favor.  My other sister Alix owes Jill money, so she had my dad put in his will that whatever Alix owes Jill will automatically be deducted from Alixes share.  And I do understand that Alix owes her, but as far as I am concerned, that is between Jill and Alix.  It is Alixes responsibility to pay Jill, not my dad's.  Anyway...it's just bad.  And I know, this should probably go in the "when parents are ailing" thread but here it is.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/12 at 12:39 pm

more (((( HUGS)))))) to you Ash  :( 

You guys are making me glad I'm an only child! I am also glad that my dad's family live on the opposite coast. If my mom is alive when my dad passes then she will call his family and  tell them... if my dad outlives my mom I probably never call them when he passes... I freaking hate my dad's family!  >:(    the great consolation I have is that they are in Maryland so when he does die they won't be the house scavenging for stuff... they have done that on more than one occasion after the passing of a family member.    When my mom goes I will tell her family because they are awesome.

sadly- my parents have no real assets and there's no life insurance policy... I'm glad they have decided to donate their bodies to science so I won't have to pay for cremation... but I guess I still have to front some sort of funeral or something....geez I hope I can sell their house quickly!

Written By: warped on 11/02/12 at 1:27 pm

Thanks for passing this message to us.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/03/12 at 2:26 am

Great to know!  I have been thinking of many of you a lot!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 11/03/12 at 8:42 am

Week from hell.

When I was in Az I kept thinking I'd rather be at work....I was wrong.

I came back Monday intending to work my regular 40hrs instead I had to pull 25 hrs of OT

Next week I may have to do 35hrs of OT

And I'm training a new person. Training is exhausting enough on its own.

Anyone wanna move to SB? We're hiring  ;D
I don't wanna train any more people but I'm sick of the OT so I guess training has become the new necessary evil.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/03/12 at 8:55 am

I don't wanna train any more people but I'm sick of the OT so I guess training has become the new necessary evil.

I know how you feel.  3 new people for me this week.  I have to go in today just to try to catch up with my work.  Doubt it will happen though.  I need a break.

Written By: snozberries on 11/03/12 at 9:50 am

I know how you feel.  3 new people for me this week.  I have to go in today just to try to catch up with my work.  Doubt it will happen though.  I need a break.

I feel for ya... hope these three work out.

Mine is brand new to Law Enforcement....which makes it more difficult because I forget how many exceptions to the rules there are....

in this situation we do this -  unless this happens then we do that....except in these cases then it's this... I thought the trainee's head was going to fall off  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 11/03/12 at 1:48 pm

Just left work and found out another one is thinking of leaving.  She just isn't fast enough and the base rate is not enough.  I understand but don't like it. :(

Then again, I am thinking of looking, too.  Sick of working my butt off and still barely making it.  The no insurance thing is big for me.  I love my job but sometimes you need more.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/03/12 at 1:49 pm

I feel for ya... hope these three work out.

Mine is brand new to Law Enforcement....which makes it more difficult because I forget how many exceptions to the rules there are....

in this situation we do this -  unless this happens then we do that....except in these cases then it's this... I thought the trainee's head was going to fall off  ;D

;D

My job isn't quite that confusing...training is a little easier. 

Written By: snozberries on 11/03/12 at 1:56 pm

Just left work and found out another one is thinking of leaving.  She just isn't fast enough and the base rate is not enough.  I understand but don't like it. :(

Then again, I am thinking of looking, too.  Sick of working my butt off and still barely making it.  The no insurance thing is big for me.  I love my job but sometimes you need more.

you should relocate here... the job is confusing at first but once you learn it it's a piece of cake

Written By: Dagwood on 11/03/12 at 2:46 pm

you should relocate here... the job is confusing at first but once you learn it it's a piece of cake

Believe me, it's tempting.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/03/12 at 3:05 pm

Believe me, it's tempting.

Or you could move to Vermont.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: warped on 11/03/12 at 4:57 pm

Or you could move to Vermont.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I wouldn't mind living in Vermont one day, if it could be arranged somehow.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/03/12 at 4:59 pm

I wouldn't mind living in Vermont one day, if it could be arranged somehow.

As Rod Roddy would say, COME ON DOWN!!

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 11/03/12 at 6:45 pm

guess what game show I use to watch when I was a kid?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/12 at 4:00 pm

Howard was on earlier.  :)

Cat

Written By: warped on 11/04/12 at 4:17 pm

Howard was on earlier.  :)

Cat

He was. His family still doesn't have electricity. I pm'd him and he said he didn't know when his family will get everything back yet hopefully soon. He was posting from his buddy's place.

Written By: Howard on 11/04/12 at 6:33 pm

Hey Guys, just to let you I'm still alive but STILL without power so at this moment I am posting at my friend's house until my power comes back. I am so hungry,cold and constipated with a bit of boredom just coming home to candles and flashlights, going to sleep at 8pm cause there's nothing to do in the house BUT sleep and I'm having trouble getting a good sleep at night, my hangout has been Dunkin Donuts and just this morning My Family ate at a diner and they were so jampacked with people. So anyway that is about it I'm gonna log off soon I'll check back with you during the week. Take care and good night!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/05/12 at 1:41 am

Hey Guys, just to let you I'm still alive but STILL without power so at this moment I am posting at my friend's house until my power comes back. I am so hungry,cold and constipated with a bit of boredom just coming home to candles and flashlights, going to sleep at 8pm cause there's nothing to do in the house BUT sleep and I'm having trouble getting a good sleep at night, my hangout has been Dunkin Donuts and just this morning My Family ate at a diner and they were so jampacked with people. So anyway that is about it I'm gonna log off soon I'll check back with you during the week. Take care and good night!  :)
Welcame back and it is good to know that you are surviving well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/12 at 8:55 am

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
    the Gunpowder Treason and Plot,

I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot.
    Guy Fawkes, t’was his intent to blow up King and Parliament.

Three score barrels were laid below to prove old England’s overthrow;
    By God’s mercy he was catch’d with a dark lantern and lighted match.

Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
    Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!

Hip hip hoorah!

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/12 at 9:39 am

Having our kitchen reredone. YAY!!! Hopefully, it will be smooth sailing-unlike the last time. And it will be done RIGHT!!!

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/05/12 at 10:11 am

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
    the Gunpowder Treason and Plot,

I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot.
    Guy Fawkes, t’was his intent to blow up King and Parliament.

Three score barrels were laid below to prove old England’s overthrow;
    By God’s mercy he was catch’d with a dark lantern and lighted match.

Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
    Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!

Hip hip hoorah!

Cat
http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/nov5th/grin.gif

Written By: meesa on 11/05/12 at 10:20 am

Having our kitchen reredone. YAY!!! Hopefully, it will be smooth sailing-unlike the last time. And it will be done RIGHT!!!

Cat

Good for you! Home improvement is always exciting!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/12 at 11:01 am

Cat

Yay!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/05/12 at 5:22 pm

Cat
Yay!!!!!!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/06/12 at 8:59 am

Waiting for another hour to pass so that I can go get bloodwork done.  I hate fasting 12 hours.  I tried to sleep as much of that time as possible.  Still ended up being awake for a few of those hours reading restaurant reviews and online restaurant menus.  ;D
I want to avoid watching t.v., a:) because of the constant political ads and it's mostly for the candidate that I am NOT voting for.  But I'm tired of all of the ads, no matter who they are.  I'm also tired of the diatribes posted on Facebook by friends, wish there was an ignore political and religious discussions option on Facebook.  8-P
and B.) The other reason that I'm avoiding t.v. is because I usually watch the cooking channel or the Food Network or will actively hunt any cooking show on any other channel.  Yeah, I'm obsessed.  ;D  Not to mention the torturous restaurant commercials, even grocery store commercials.  I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess.  ;D

Went to the doctor yesterday, he again wants me to get a weight-loss surgery that I don't really want to get.  But then part of me wonders if that would be the final thing that would help me finally get into shape (other then a round shape).  The couple people that I know have had the surgeries, have all had complications, one friend had the lap band, and when she was pregnant (a year ago) she had it removed or loosened or whatever, now she is as big as I am.  I've never been good at willpower, so would I go through all of that only to regain it all?  Do I want another hospital stay?  Maybe I'm just scared of losing weight, and having people tell me how great I look?  Well, I'm still the same person I always was, why would you like me more if I'm skinnier?

I was going to ask to be put on an anti-depressant, but I didn't know which to ask for.  I think most women in my family have been on Paxil for awhile, so I suppose I could start there and see.

Hubby will be out of the house most of this weekend for work, so I probably will be trying to work up the energy to clean like a madwoman.  I can do it if I just work myself up into a manic phase.  It's sad that if I don't do that first, nothing really gets done.  I guess I'm a sloth too.  I wonder what other deadly sins I can admit to in this posting.  :-X ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 11/06/12 at 9:09 am

Well, I'm still the same person I always was, why would you like me more if I'm skinnier?

You may be the same person, but you will be the same person for a lot longer.  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/06/12 at 10:01 am

Maybe I'm just scared of losing weight, and having people tell me how great I look?  Well, I'm still the same person I always was, why would you like me more if I'm skinnier?

I was going to ask to be put on an anti-depressant, but I didn't know which to ask for.  I think most women in my family have been on Paxil for awhile, so I suppose I could start there and see.

When I lost a lot of weight, people in my life made a really big deal out of it.  And I was certainly grateful for the kind words - I knew that people meant well.  But people would always say "you're so beautiful!"  with a tone of shock and surprise.  I always wanted to say "I had this same face when I was heavier."  Idk...you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

If depression runs in your family, I would most definitely discuss it with your doctor.  Depression sucks the life out of you.  And the energy.  A pill won't fix your life, but it can help you deal with things more effectively.  That's my experience anyway.

Written By: snozberries on 11/06/12 at 10:20 am

Waiting for another hour to pass so that I can go get bloodwork done.  I hate fasting 12 hours.  I tried to sleep as much of that time as possible.  Still ended up being awake for a few of those hours reading restaurant reviews and online restaurant menus.  ;D
I want to avoid watching t.v., a:) because of the constant political ads and it's mostly for the candidate that I am NOT voting for.  But I'm tired of all of the ads, no matter who they are.  I'm also tired of the diatribes posted on Facebook by friends, wish there was an ignore political and religious discussions option on Facebook.  8-P
and B.) The other reason that I'm avoiding t.v. is because I usually watch the cooking channel or the Food Network or will actively hunt any cooking show on any other channel.  Yeah, I'm obsessed.  ;D  Not to mention the torturous restaurant commercials, even grocery store commercials.  I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess.  ;D

Went to the doctor yesterday, he again wants me to get a weight-loss surgery that I don't really want to get.  But then part of me wonders if that would be the final thing that would help me finally get into shape (other then a round shape).  The couple people that I know have had the surgeries, have all had complications, one friend had the lap band, and when she was pregnant (a year ago) she had it removed or loosened or whatever, now she is as big as I am.  I've never been good at willpower, so would I go through all of that only to regain it all?  Do I want another hospital stay?  Maybe I'm just scared of losing weight, and having people tell me how great I look?  Well, I'm still the same person I always was, why would you like me more if I'm skinnier?

Hubby will be out of the house most of this weekend for work, so I probably will be trying to work up the energy to clean like a madwoman.  I can do it if I just work myself up into a manic phase.  It's sad that if I don't do that first, nothing really gets done.  I guess I'm a sloth too.  I wonder what other deadly sins I can admit to in this posting.  :-X ;D

hope all goes well with the blood work... sorry about the not eating for 12hrs...that's a bitch.

You know my struggles Patty so I think I can say this to you. You are a beautiful person inside and out! Losing weight will not change that or increase that... I think people say you look great to encourage you. It's hard to hear it all the time tho because, especially when you live with a lot of doubt, you become hyper aware of it...plus, if you're even a smidge like me, you're not really used to/comfortable with all that positive attention... it took time to accept it. 

I fought it for a awhile but then, once I started losing an amazing thing happened- I actually felt good about myself.  I am the first to admit I'm a complete food addict with zero will power... I want what I want when I want it... what I've managed to do tho is learn how to not beat myself on the days I do fall into familiar patterns. I don't wallow in them either.. if I have a (not a bad day- I won't allow the negative association anymore so I call it a "fun" day) so when I have a fun day I allow it and say...yep I enjoyed that, tomorrow I will do better. 

But you will not get there until you are ready for it.  Like you I'm not a fan of the surgery. I think it's a temp fix. I know I will never really conquer the eating challenges I face so I think the surgery would be a waste of my time. It doesn't make sense until you fix your own approach/relationship to food....

but I hope that you find something that works for you when you are ready to work it... you know we will always be here for you on the good days and the bad.  And I don't know if this is still the case but some time ago I was prescribed Wellbutrin which is an anti-depressant that's supposed to help with weight loss....it's an idea.

Good luchh whatever you decide to do and don't do my friend... I love ya!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/06/12 at 12:05 pm

Off to the polls. I'm sure no one can guess who I'm gonna vote for.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/06/12 at 1:40 pm

Welcame back and it is good to know that you are surviving well.

I'm still not quite back I am chatting with you via library computer and my session is about to run out soon and right now I have light and heat but not computer,telephone and tv so it might not be for another day or so, I'll keep you updated as soon as possible. Take care and see you guys soon, hopefully. :)

Written By: wildcard on 11/06/12 at 6:01 pm

Mom and I have been talking about laser surgery for my face or something because It is bad  and other stuff too so my brain is overloaded.  Even better is that my Medical has totaly changed and the doctors I get to choose from my mom never heard of and are located in the worst parts of town possible.  This is the last thing this overloaded brain person wanted to know.  I'm going to go play some games

Written By: danootaandme on 11/06/12 at 6:36 pm

Just received drafts of Sigs will, power of attorney, and health care proxy.  Stuff had to get done, but now eye have tears because I know one day they will be necessary  :\'( :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 11/06/12 at 6:37 pm

Just received drafts of Sigs will, power of attorney, and health care proxy.  Stuff had to get done, but now eye have tears because I know one day they will be necessary  :\'( :\'(

((((((hugs))))))

Written By: Dagwood on 11/06/12 at 6:38 pm

That's good but sucks, Danoota. 

Voted after work.  Sarah went with me and watched.  She is really interested this time around.  She figured out her first time to be eligible to vote will be the next presidential election.

Written By: wildcard on 11/06/12 at 8:53 pm

feel a little better now.  It's just so frustrating when you can only think stright when thinking about one thing at a time and this includes trying to hear.

The Medical stuff- I don't know for sure why the choices are so lousy, but I hope someone isn't making some kind of assumption like everyone on Medical is a drug addict or something.  I'm part of this Cancer Survivor group that can probably help me somehow.

Written By: nally on 11/07/12 at 12:54 am

well...tonight I went to a little birthday gathering for a friend of mine at an Irish pub restaurant. This had been scheduled last night, less than 24 hours in advance (iow, short notice), so it wasn't until 7:30 until everyone who planned to show up did so. Still, it was a nice gathering; we had a late dinner and some cake.
Oh, and I was the only guy who showed up.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/07/12 at 2:57 am

I know the feeling.

]

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/07/12 at 10:06 am

I know the feeling. I need to get my done, too.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: amjikloviet on 11/07/12 at 9:34 pm

We are in the middle of a snowstorm right now, first snowfall of the year. We will probably have to cancel anything we are doing tomorrow because it looks like it will get worse. I think winter has come early here!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/08/12 at 3:28 am

We are in the middle of a snowstorm right now, first snowfall of the year. We will probably have to cancel anything we are doing tomorrow because it looks like it will get worse. I think winter has come early here!

They told us we(Boston area) would get a mix.  Instead I woke up to enough to shovel and the trees are weighted down with heavy wet snow.  :o

Subject: Re: We should call it Move-mber...to prepare for the Zombies! What's up: NOVEMBE

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/08/12 at 4:13 am

Why do they call the storms that hit the East Coast "nor'easters?"  Why don't they just call them NORTHEASTERS instead?  Is the contraction really necessary? ???

Subject: Re: We should call it Move-mber...to prepare for the Zombies! What's up: NOVEMBE

Written By: warped on 11/08/12 at 6:06 am

Why do they call the storms that hit the East Coast "nor'easters?"  Why don't they just call them NORTHEASTERS instead?  Is the contraction really necessary? ???

From wikipedia"

"The term nor'easter came to American English by way of British English. According to the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), the first recorded use in the English language of the term "nore" ("north") in association with the points of the compass and wind direction was by Dekker in 1612: "How blowes the winde Syr?" "Wynde! is Nore-Nore-West."

I think it's about time for a change...let's call it Northeaster.

Imagine a world without the 'th'..
You go to the baroom for a piss, I have a mother and a faer as I live on planet ear.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/08/12 at 6:22 am

From wikipedia"

"The term nor'easter came to American English by way of British English. According to the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), the first recorded use in the English language of the term "nore" ("north") in association with the points of the compass and wind direction was by Dekker in 1612: "How blowes the winde Syr?" "Wynde! is Nore-Nore-West."

I think it's about time for a change...let's call it Northeaster.

You go to the baroom for a piss, I have a mother and a faer as I live on planet ear.

There has been to much homogenization of the language as it is. Imagine a world without different regionalisms in speech, food, ideas.  You're welcome to it.

I grew up in Massachusetts, I will continue to go down Maine, have a tonic with my sub, and go to the packie for Sam Adams.

Written By: warped on 11/08/12 at 6:35 am

I grew up in Massachusetts, I will continue to go down Maine, have a tonic with my sub, and go to the packie for Sam Adams.

..and I need subtitles for that  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/08/12 at 6:45 am

..and I need subtitles for that  :)

Maine has always been referred to as down Maine, or down east:

According to Down East Magazine: "When ships sailed from Boston to ports in Maine (which were to the east of Boston), the wind was at their backs, so they were sailing downwind, hence the term 'Down East.''

When "soft drinks" and soda's like Coca Cola were first manufactured and sold many of them were sold as tonics and cure alls.  Many of us still call them tonic. What in other parts of the country is called a hero or a po' boy we call a submarine sandwich(sub) because of the shape of the roll.  The packie is the package(liquor) store, and Sam Adams is our pretty recent Boston brew(beer).

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/08/12 at 9:06 am

There has been to much homogenization of the language as it is. Imagine a world without different regionalisms in speech, food, ideas.  You're welcome to it.

http://www.almartcolorado.com/imgs/logo.png

It's good to be the king.  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/08/12 at 9:28 am

I hear that many places are getting a lot of snow. Here above the Arctic Circle in Vermont, there isn't one flake-of snow that is. There are plenty of flakes around-I know a lot of them.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 11/08/12 at 9:44 am

You go to e baroom for a piss, I have a mother and a faer as I live on planet ear.

Fixt. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/12 at 9:47 am

I hear that many places are getting a lot of snow. Here above the Arctic Circle in Vermont, there isn't one flake-of snow that is. There are plenty of flakes around-I know a lot of them.

Cat

it drizzled here this morning.....bet that makes the news

Written By: danootaandme on 11/08/12 at 10:00 am

Schools were closed and services like trash and mail suspended  ;D

Written By: wildcard on 11/08/12 at 10:17 am

We are getting winter weather for here over night.  I have a consoltation for a laser treatment here in town.  Later when I go to Sac to get my ear checked, I'll get a consoltation from the laser they have.

Written By: warped on 11/08/12 at 10:29 am

Fixt. ;)

anks...  ;)

Cat

No snow here yet either.

Written By: warped on 11/08/12 at 10:43 am

http://www.almartcolorado.com/imgs/logo.png

It's good to be the king.  8)

When's the sale on piano player's for a whorehouse?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/08/12 at 10:57 am

anks...  ;)

No snow here yet either.

You don't need snow, only need ice for your igloo.

Cat

Written By: warped on 11/08/12 at 11:02 am

You don't need snow, only need ice for your igloo.

Cat

Need snow for the dog sleds to travel on & bring the ice from Nunavut. 
Without snow we have to go online & order blocks of ice from a 7-11.
But there's that 72-hour wait for any of the 2 "dial-up internet" computers we have in our country. 
sux...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/08/12 at 11:05 am

Need snow for the dog sleds to travel on & bring the ice from Nunavut. 
Without snow we have to go online & order blocks of ice from a 7-11.
But there's that 72-hour wait for any of the 2 "dial-up internet" computers we have in our country. 
sux...

Doncha hate when that happens?

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/12 at 11:37 am

you mock but you're not too far off lol!

Written By: Jessica on 11/08/12 at 7:22 pm

Rice Cube is now Dr. Rice Cube.  He successfully defended his thesis today.

Now to get him a job. :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/12 at 7:41 pm

Excellent!!!! Congrats to Rice cube, Ph. D.  8)

can I put in a bid for UCSB???

Written By: Dagwood on 11/08/12 at 7:53 pm

That is so awesome!  Congrats to Dr. Rice!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/08/12 at 7:56 pm

You could always GIVE him a "job."  ;D

Written By: nally on 11/08/12 at 10:31 pm

That's great news! Congratz to him....

Written By: Henk on 11/09/12 at 1:55 am

Congratulations! :) Always helpful to have a doctor in the house. ;)

Written By: Henk on 11/09/12 at 1:57 am

On a completely different note: my computer seems to have contracted a malicious virus.  :(

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/09/12 at 7:24 am

There is always the Iowa city area 3 hospitals to choose from in 5 square mile....  University of Iowa, Iowa Veterans Hospital, and Mercy....  Crazy jobs in oncology and such there! 

Said it on Facebook, but congratulations again!!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/12 at 8:22 am

On a completely different note: my computer seems to have contracted a malicious virus.  :(

Bummer.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/09/12 at 8:50 am

Congratulations Kin.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/09/12 at 9:02 am

That sucks

Written By: Henk on 11/09/12 at 9:25 am

Bummer.

That sucks

Yeah, it sucks. One moment of negligence proved to be fatal. Good thing I have a computer at work, or else...

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/09/12 at 10:12 am

Oh dear!

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/12 at 10:20 am

I am simply exhausted...

15hrs Tuesday
13.5  Wed
13.5 Thurs
10 today  (if the dispatcher doesn't call in sick again otherwise it's 12-14)
10 tomorrow
10 today  (if the dispatcher can't come in early otherwise it's 12-14)

that's, at minimum, a 72 hour work week... no wonder I can't see/think straight.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/09/12 at 10:21 am

University of Utah, Huntsman Cancer Institute!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/09/12 at 10:21 am

I am simply exhausted...

15hrs Tuesday
13.5  Wed
13.5 Thurs
10 tomorrow

that's, at minimum, a 72 hour work week... no wonder I can't see/think straight.

Girl.  That's not healthy!  I'm worried about you.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/09/12 at 11:02 am

Congrats to the newest Doc. Now we have two of them (that I know of)-Dr. Carlos & Dr. Rice.

Cat

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/09/12 at 11:08 am

Thanks folks :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/09/12 at 11:13 am

Thanks folks :D

UNIVERSITY OF UTAH

HUNTSMAN CANCER INSTITUTE.

http://www.huntsmancancer.org/about-us/employment-opportunities

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/12 at 11:28 am

Girl.  That's not healthy!  I'm worried about you.

me too....

next week I have tues off...so at least I only work 30hrs next week.

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/12 at 12:23 pm

and then this happened to me this morning

http://www.keyt.com/news/local/Body-Discovered-On-Isla-Vista-Beach-178124421.html

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/12 at 12:31 pm

http://www.keyt.com/news/local/Body-Discovered-On-Isla-Vista-Beach-178124421.html

well I guess technically it didn't happen to me.... but It certainly impacted the better part of my morning.

Written By: warped on 11/09/12 at 1:10 pm

I am simply exhausted...

15hrs Tuesday
13.5  Wed
13.5 Thurs
10 tomorrow

Not healthy. You are overworked. Don't your superiors get that? Esp in the job you do, you need to be alert.

sux...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/09/12 at 1:23 pm

well I guess technically it didn't happen to me.... but It certainly impacted the better part of my morning.

Oh, that's terrible.  :(

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/12 at 2:02 pm

Not healthy. You are overworked. Don't your superiors get that? Esp in the job you do, you need to be alert.

sux...

you'd think.. I had hoped my boss would've stayed in my place last night but technically she couldn't (I'll pm ya that one) 

One dispatcher has sick family (she's out of town for the week)
One another has a wife and child with the flu and apparently he is the only one who can tend to them
One is scheduled to work graveyards but was unable to start early
One is out of town camping
and the last one was overworked last week as well and refused to come in on his days off...
I was already here so I got stuck -- can't leave if no one is available to come in.

Written By: warped on 11/09/12 at 2:24 pm

you'd think.. I had hoped my boss would've stayed in my place last night but technically she couldn't (I'll pm ya that one) 

One another has a wife and child with the flu and apparently he is the only one who can tend to them
and the last one was overworked last week as well and refused to come in on his days off...
I was already here so I got stuck -- can't leave if no one is available to come in.

So in essense, you are "taking one for the team". Good (but exhausted) team player.

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/12 at 2:34 pm

So in essense, you are "taking one for the team". Good (but exhausted) team player.

pretty much

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/09/12 at 3:06 pm

You are a good person.  Others...not so much.  :(

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/12 at 3:13 pm

You are a good person.  Others...not so much.  :(

thanks for noticing!  :)

Written By: warped on 11/09/12 at 3:18 pm

pretty much

I hope Howard can take something from your dedication & attitude apply them into his work.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/09/12 at 3:45 pm

I really hope they recognize how hard you have been working. You seriously need some sleep.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/12 at 4:33 pm

and he called in sick again.... rest assured I have notified the graves dispatcher and with any luck she will come in early and we will each only work 12 hrs.

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/12 at 4:35 pm

I hope Howard can take something from your dedication & attitude apply them into his work.

O0

I have a different kind of  work ethic obviously not everyone has it.... 

I really hope they recognize how hard you have been working. You seriously need some sleep.

Cat

I hope so too...right now I'm hoping I get a commendation for the work I had to put out for that 11-44 (dead body) call since I was the only dispatcher on duty....I wound up doing the work of 3 dispatchers! 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/09/12 at 5:18 pm

and he called in sick again.... rest assured I have notified the graves dispatcher and with any luck she will come in early and we will each only work 12 hrs.

The one with the sick wife and kid?  Or is he sick now too? 

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/12 at 6:06 pm

having gotten all my complaints off my chest my heart goes out to the emergency services workers (but especially the dispatchers) who could not leave home to check on their families in the wake of Hurricane Sandy and the recent Nor'Easter storm.

No they stayed on duty to assist others thru this difficult time. they have put in far more hours and worked much harder than I've had too.  And they can't complain cuz they'd look like jerks. 

Anyway---you aren't reading this but thanks for your commitment and putting the community above yourself

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/09/12 at 6:20 pm

having gotten all my complaints off my chest my heart goes out to the emergency services workers (but especially the dispatchers) who could not leave home to check on their families in the wake of Hurricane Sandy and the recent Nor'Easter storm.

No they stayed on duty to assist others thru this difficult time. they have put in far more hours and worked much harder than I've had too.  And they can't complain cuz they'd look like jerks. 

Anyway---you aren't reading this but thanks for your commitment and putting the community above yourself

Don't you hate it when you want to b!tch and moan and then you realize that others have it worse than you do?

And what you are doing is just as important as all those rescue workers.

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/09/12 at 10:58 pm

Eeek!  Your day was active :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 11/10/12 at 8:06 am

Congratulations Dr. Cube!!!!!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 11/10/12 at 11:33 am

you mock but you're not too far off lol!

I rest my case.... it wasn't a report about drizzling but this should make most of you in the colder regions rotfl, giggle with delight or roll your eyes 'til you can see the back of your skull!!!  :D

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video/7944468-1st-snow-falls-in-the-local-mountains/#.UJ54XWHuX1M.twitter

btw....the Hewitt family is, apparently, related to a friend I made at the Paley events about we met 5 yrs ago and have met many times since

Written By: Dagwood on 11/10/12 at 11:46 am

I rest my case.... it wasn't a report about drizzling but this should make most of you in the colder regions rotfl, giggle with delight or roll your eyes 'til you can see the back of your skull!!!  :D

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video/7944468-1st-snow-falls-in-the-local-mountains/#.UJ54XWHuX1M.twitter

Um, wow.  How can they handle it all? lol  (As I look at the 6 or more inches dumped here yesterday and last night with more to come) :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/10/12 at 11:59 am

Um, wow.  How can they handle it all? lol  (As I look at the 6 or more inches dumped here yesterday and last night with more to come) :D

Right??? I don't ever get snow so I know it's a novelty but even I can see how ridiculous that news report was!  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 11/10/12 at 12:39 pm

Right??? I don't ever get snow so I know it's a novelty but even I can see how ridiculous that news report was!  ;D

My favorite part was that the snow plows were out and she was wearing heavy ski gloves. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/10/12 at 1:46 pm

My favorite part was that the snow plows were out and she was wearing heavy ski gloves. ;D

yeah but it was cold!!! like probably 52 degrees or something!    :D 

and there was snow.....  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/10/12 at 7:38 pm

btw....the Hewitt family is, apparently, related to a friend I made at the Paley events about we met 5 yrs ago and have met many times since

They have more snow that we have.

Went to visit my mother today. She is doing better. She even got up and walked (with the help of a walker) WITHOUT my help at all! We still don't know where she is going-another room in the facility she is in now or one closer to my sisters. We are still trying to figure that out.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/10/12 at 7:40 pm

They have more snow that we have.

Went to visit my mother today. She is doing better. She even got up and walked (with the help of a walker) WITHOUT my help at all! We still don't know where she is going-another room in the facility she is in now or one closer to my sisters. We are still trying to figure that out.

Cat

it's not easy... I can't remember- would the one closer to your sisters closer for you guys, further? or about the same???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/10/12 at 7:42 pm

it's not easy... I can't remember- would the one closer to your sisters closer for you guys, further? or about the same???

Being closer to my sisters will be further for us. We wouldn't see her as often but at least we know she will be looked after. And none of us will kill ourselves with the LONG drive going to see her.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/10/12 at 7:44 pm

Being closer to my sisters will be further for us. We wouldn't see her as often but at least we know she will be looked after. And none of us will kill ourselves with the LONG drive going to see her.

Cat

good point

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/11/12 at 1:08 pm

Thank you to all of you that have served (as today is Veterans Day here in the U.S.).  Thank you Cat, Al-B, Big Nasty, Mushroom, and any other vets/members that I may have missed.  (Oh and my hubby who is sort of a member here, although he's only posted twice.  :-\\ )

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/12 at 1:16 pm

Thank you to all of you that have served (as today is Veterans Day here in the U.S.).  Thank you Cat, Al-B, Big Nasty, Mushroom, and any other vets/members that I may have missed.  (Oh and my hubby who is sort of a member here, although he's only posted twice.  :-\\ )

Thanks.

We are going out to enjoy my free meal at Applebees today.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 11/11/12 at 1:28 pm

I had a dream last night that my  nana ( dad's mom) was still alive and some Firehouse Five + 2 started playing.  When I woke up, I thought that would be an excellent idea to listen to some of there stuff and see if I can get myself to hear instruments better.  It also made me think of a cartoon I saw when I was a kid and I found it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bLdTPmFWF8

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/12 at 6:49 pm

Went to Applebees. When we got there, they asked us how many veterans. We said one. This guy went up to Carlos and then we said that I was the vet, not him. The guy gave me a hug. It was funny. You should NEVER assume the guy is the vet-in this case, it is the woman.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Oh, and the meal was good.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/11/12 at 7:34 pm

Went to Applebees. When we got there, they asked us how many veterans. We said one. This guy went up to Carlos and then we said that I was the vet, not him. The guy gave me a hug. It was funny. You should NEVER assume the guy is the vet-in this case, it is the woman.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Oh, and the meal was good.

Cat

;D

Glad you enjoyed it!!!!

I AM FINALLY OFF! 74 hours total!

Tomorrow I sleep in.

Tuesday, hopefully, I get to go to LA for another set visit. But if it doesn't happen then I sleep some more.

Before I go home I'm gonna stop off at the hospital and check on John. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/12 at 7:43 pm

;D

Glad you enjoyed it!!!!

I AM FINALLY OFF! 74 hours total!

Tomorrow I sleep in.

Tuesday, hopefully, I get to go to LA for another set visit. But if it doesn't happen then I sleep some more.

Before I go home I'm gonna stop off at the hospital and check on John.

YAY!!!!

Go get some sleep, My Friend.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/12/12 at 9:56 am

That is not snow.  Frost, maybe.  But not snow.  I should upload some photos of our storm.  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/12/12 at 11:39 am

We are off to cover the boat.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/12 at 12:04 pm

YAY!!!!

Go get some sleep, My Friend.

Cat

Thanks. I got to sleep in.  Didn't wake up until 8 today  :D

FYI

inthe00s » General Penguin Related Stuff » Playful Penguin Place » Karma Change Description
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.
Back

Written By: warped on 11/12/12 at 12:18 pm

Thanks. I got to sleep in.  Didn't wake up until 8 today  :D

You need lots of days of sleep now. When do you return to work?

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/12 at 12:40 pm

You need lots of days of sleep now. When do you return to work?

Wednesday.

But I only work 3 days *fingers crossed*
Unfortunately two of those will be 12 or 14 hrs until we figure out how long the one in the hospital is out.

Written By: warped on 11/12/12 at 12:41 pm

Wednesday.

But I only work 3 days *fingers crossed*
Unfortunately two of those will be 12 or 14 hrs until we figure out how long the one in the hospital is out.

You will be well rested by then. Hope you don't get another week like last week.

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/12 at 12:49 pm

You will be well rested by then. Hope you don't get another week like last week.

I might check myself into the hospital...for a vacation.

Dude- out hospitals have been remodeled. Each room private with a 46 in TV. I think next time I work extra hours ill work on elevating my own heart rate and get a few days paid leave. 

(Not taking light the dispatchers situation. Just wish I'd thought of it - w/o the heart attack) 

Written By: warped on 11/12/12 at 3:24 pm

I'm going for a super sushi/Japanese food early dinner tomorrow.
No special reason  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/12/12 at 3:25 pm

I'm going for a super sushi/Japanese food early dinner tomorrow.
No special reason  ::)

Really? No special reason? Are you sure?

Cat

Written By: warped on 11/12/12 at 3:28 pm

Cat

No reason, just another day in the life.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/12 at 4:37 pm

Cat

He's celebrating my going to the set of community tomorrow.  8)

Still waiting to hear from the contact tho. I think my friend waited too long to reply.  :-\\

Written By: warped on 11/12/12 at 5:36 pm

Of course. 

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/12 at 5:37 pm

Of course.

Looks like its happening.  Now where did I put my camera???

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/12/12 at 6:56 pm

You make me laugh.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/12 at 7:03 pm

You make me laugh.  ;D

Yay!!!

And it's official! I'm going!!!!!  Yvette's already asked for cupcakes lol.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/12/12 at 7:04 pm

Yay!!!

And it's official! I'm going!!!!!  Yvette's already asked for cupcakes lol.

I want a cupcake!

Written By: warped on 11/12/12 at 7:12 pm

Actually I'm having a birthday celebration tomorrow.

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/12 at 7:37 pm

happy birthday!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/12/12 at 8:44 pm

Have a great Birthday!!!!  8)

:o

and Sushi (one should always wish for good sushi!) ;D

:-\\

not sure if Canada is known for their sushi.... but hey, we have good sushi in Iowa so anything is possible  O0

Written By: warped on 11/13/12 at 6:09 am

Have a great Birthday!!!!  8)

not sure if Canada is known for their sushi.... but hey, we have good sushi in Iowa so anything is possible  O0

Sushi restaurants here are owned by either the Japanese, or the Chinese. Lots of Asians in Canada. Sushi is very good in parts of Canada, so is Chinese food.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/13/12 at 10:33 am

I KNEW it!!!!!

Cat

Written By: warped on 11/13/12 at 11:17 am

I KNEW it!!!!!

Cat

I knew you knew it.  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/13/12 at 11:43 am

I knew you knew it.  ;)

You share a birthday with one of my nieces. Which reminds me, I need to email her.

Cat

Written By: karen on 11/13/12 at 1:08 pm

finally caught up with all that's happening here.

Have been quite busy so not able to get on the boards much.

We went to visit Dai's mum for the weekend, and managed to sneak in a little local orienteering event as well.  The area was a bit flooded - Elizabeth and I waded through thigh deep water and Dai had to swim across!

Made arrangements for Christmas and New Year.  Just got to make the Christmas cake now

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/12 at 4:59 pm

Posting from the set of Community!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/13/12 at 6:32 pm

Sushi restaurants here are owned by either the Japanese, or the Chinese. Lots of Asians in Canada. Sushi is very good in parts of Canada, so is Chinese food.
good to know... 8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/13/12 at 6:33 pm

Posting from the set of Community!!!
What community????

:D
I had to do it O0

Written By: warped on 11/13/12 at 6:54 pm

What community????

Community Chest? Monopoly? Betcha haven't seen this one.  :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_I2uQkGxIykM/TCMM44QimRI/AAAAAAAALbQ/Ma2HEy36Ft4/s400/goat+bp.jpg

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/13/12 at 7:31 pm

Community Chest? Monopoly? Betcha haven't seen this one.  :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_I2uQkGxIykM/TCMM44QimRI/AAAAAAAALbQ/Ma2HEy36Ft4/s400/goat+bp.jpg
only in Canada....  lol ;D ;D ;D

Written By: warped on 11/13/12 at 7:35 pm

only in Canada....  lol ;D ;D ;D

Only in Canada?

Must be so commonplace in the USA that you don't have to pay anything to anyone coz everyone does it?  ;D  :D

Written By: nally on 11/14/12 at 12:21 am

So, I'm still attending this Contacts N Coffee networking group, mostly on Tuesday mornings, where it meets at The Kitchen, an independent eatery in downtown Oxnard. Well, tonight I decided to dine there for the first time...and I brought my family. The food was good, and I'd eat there again sometime.

Written By: Henk on 11/14/12 at 6:01 am

Not just malicious, but also lethal, as it turns out.

Well... out with the old, in with the new! I ordered a new desktop computer a couple of days ago... Picked it up earlier today. Haven't had the time for unpacking/installing - saving that for this evening.
This will be some experience, because it has Windows 8 installed (as opposed to Vista, on my old computer). Wish me luck!

Written By: warped on 11/14/12 at 6:13 am

Not just malicious, but also lethal, as it turns out.

Well... out with the old, in with the new! I ordered a new desktop computer a couple of days ago... Picked it up earlier today. Haven't had the time for unpacking/installing - saving that for this evening.
This will be some experience, because it has Windows 8 installed (as opposed to Vista, on my old computer). Wish me luck!

I'm crossing my fingers
I'm crossing my toes
I hope Windows 8
doesn't give you the woes

Written By: Henk on 11/14/12 at 8:00 am

I'm crossing my fingers
I'm crossing my toes
I hope Windows 8
doesn't give you the woes

Thanks! :)

On the downside: I was working on a new quiz, and nearly had it finished... Now I have to start from scratch!

Written By: Henk on 11/14/12 at 2:07 pm

Good news so far:

I have unpacked my computer and it seems to be working.

Written By: nally on 11/14/12 at 4:32 pm

So this afternoon I'll be getting my flu shot; I know this is later than I normally get it, but I'll have it done and that's what's important.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/14/12 at 4:39 pm

Getting a new job!  :D

Written By: warped on 11/14/12 at 4:43 pm

What's the job?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/14/12 at 5:16 pm

What's the job?

Shuttling semi-trailers from one factory to another one a mile away. Sounds kind of mundane but it pays $2/hr more than my current job. Plus it's much, much less wear-and-tear on my body than what I'm doing now. I totally lucked into it, because I know that if I stayed where I'm at now I'd have serious problems with my back in the not-too-distant future.  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 11/14/12 at 6:00 pm

Way to go, Al!

Written By: snozberries on 11/14/12 at 6:29 pm

Good news so far:

I have unpacked my computer and it seems to be working.

I was looking for the like button then realized I wasn't on FB...  :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/14/12 at 6:29 pm

YAY!

Written By: nally on 11/14/12 at 6:51 pm

Shuttling semi-trailers from one factory to another one a mile away. Sounds kind of mundane but it pays $2/hr more than my current job. Plus it's much, much less wear-and-tear on my body than what I'm doing now. I totally lucked into it, because I know that if I stayed where I'm at now I'd have serious problems with my back in the not-too-distant future.  :-\\

Way to go, Al!

Yeah!! Congratz on the job!

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/14/12 at 7:02 pm

Yay!!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/14/12 at 7:12 pm

Congrats.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 11/15/12 at 4:42 am

So for the first time in history, we had an evacuation drill just now.

They sure picked a wonderful day...It's foggy and freezing!

Written By: wildcard on 11/15/12 at 11:07 am

I just found out that with this new wonderful medi- cal plan I cant see my primary doctor even if I pay cash.

Written By: karen on 11/15/12 at 1:29 pm

I was looking for the like button then realized I wasn't on FB...  :D

I think all messageboards should introduce this feature!

Written By: karen on 11/15/12 at 1:30 pm

Just upgraded our home broadband so we have more download capacity and much greater speeds!  Now I'll watch a few more of the youtube clips people post

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/15/12 at 1:30 pm

Just upgraded our home broadband so we have more download capacity and much greater speeds!  Now I'll watch a few more of the youtube clips people post
...and tv, with the dragging.

Written By: karen on 11/15/12 at 1:36 pm

...and tv, with the dragging.

We'll definitely watch some stuff on iplayer.

we didn't upgrade to the full tv package as well so didn't get the new Freeview box

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/15/12 at 1:38 pm

We'll definitely watch some stuff on iplayer.
It is a godsend for me when the tv is occupied by other members of the family.

Written By: snozberries on 11/15/12 at 6:54 pm

I think all messageboards should introduce this feature!

O0

Written By: Dagwood on 11/15/12 at 7:02 pm

I just found out that with this new wonderful medi- cal plan I cant see my primary doctor even if I pay cash.

That doesn't even make sense to me.  Why would the medi-cal plan care if you paid cash and didn't use them?

Written By: snozberries on 11/15/12 at 7:03 pm

That doesn't even make sense to me.  Why would the medi-cal plan care if you paid cash and didn't use them?

maybe she means pays cash for the co-pay not for the whole cost of the dr's visit???

Written By: Dagwood on 11/15/12 at 7:08 pm

maybe she means pays cash for the co-pay not for the whole cost of the dr's visit???

That would make more sense.

Written By: snozberries on 11/15/12 at 7:47 pm

That would make more sense.

does one pay a co pay for medi-cal/medicare??? I've never really had the experience so I don't know.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/15/12 at 8:08 pm

does one pay a co pay for medi-cal/medicare??? I've never really had the experience so I don't know.

I don't know, I have never had the experience either. 

Written By: wildcard on 11/15/12 at 8:24 pm

The  e-mail I cent to a doctor said they wouldn't be able to take cash from me because I'm on this plan that they wont take.  Something I said to my mom  I have Medical therefore all cash I have is poison? excuse me WTF? Like many situations I don't say a whole lot because I don't understand a whole lot in a lot of subjects.  I just was really upset earlier today about this.  With this new plan, I d have more choices of doctors to choose from if I lived in Sacramento or some wealthier city then Modesto.  I felt and still feel discriminated and more then I ever have all my live. I seem to feel angry with a certain democrat.

I don't know how medical works so I cant tell you. 

Written By: snozberries on 11/15/12 at 9:22 pm

That makes sense. The problem if with your dr not your medical plan.  Your dr doesn't accept your medical plan. I'd be mad at a certain republican (your dr) not that certain democrat you mentioned.

Ann one of the reasons there are more choices in Sacramento is Sac is much bigger than Modesto. 

Modesto's only about 37 square miles with a population of just over 200,000 people.
Sacramento is about 100 square miles with over 2.5 million people.

I'm not real goo at math but basically Sacramento is nearly 3 times as big as Modesto with 10 times as many people. 

Written By: Dagwood on 11/15/12 at 9:48 pm

The  e-mail I cent to a doctor said they wouldn't be able to take cash from me because I'm on this plan that they wont take.  Something I said to my mom  I have Medical therefore all cash I have is poison? excuse me WTF? Like many situations I don't say a whole lot because I don't understand a whole lot in a lot of subjects.  I just was really upset earlier today about this.  With this new plan, I d have more choices of doctors to choose from if I lived in Sacramento or some wealthier city then Modesto.  I felt and still feel discriminated and more then I ever have all my live. I seem to feel angry with a certain democrat.

Sounds like the person you talked to is an idiot.  Maybe you could talk to the office manager?  I have never heard of a doctor that won't take cash for a visit.  I don't know why it should matter to them if you don't try to use the insurance.  Just my two cents.  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/15/12 at 9:52 pm

I called my doctor today to get results of my blood test last week.  Mainly I was concerned at how my A1C (it's a test taken every 3 months to see your average blood glucose control.)  Last time I was checked (about 6 months ago) I was over 10% and my doctor was very concerned.  For monitoring glucose control, A1c is currently reported as a percentage, and it is recommended that diabetics aim to keep their A1c below 7%.  So, I've been trying to eat better and get more exercise, even though it hurts to walk.  So anyway, my latest test was 7.3% which is alot better.  I mean, it's still high, but it's alot better.  I only hope to improve from here on out.  It may not seem like much, but it's a start.

My husband has decided with his adult daughter, to move her here to live in the city from her current place to live in California.  He told her that he will pay for a cheap apartment for a year, but she does have to get a job (which she has never had.)  We are supposed to fly her here in January.  Even though she'll have her own apartment, I think she's gonna hate it here.  My hubby can be... a bit controlling and even though she really needs someone to show her how to "grow up", I think she's gonna fight every effort tooth and nail.  I am trying to stay out of it.  It's very stressful, she just isn't that easy to deal with.  I'm really hoping that she steps up and realizes that, while this isn't gonna be luxurious, it's a heck of alot more help then either of us got at her age.  I hope that she takes the opportunity and matures and becomes a responsible adult.  Her options aren't really that many otherwise. 

Written By: snozberries on 11/15/12 at 10:01 pm

That's awesome patty

Sorry about your step daughter tho that sounds likes gonna be a bitch of a year  :-\\

Written By: wildcard on 11/15/12 at 10:29 pm

Sounds like the person you talked to is an idiot.  Maybe you could talk to the office manager?  I have never heard of a doctor that won't take cash for a visit.  I don't know why it should matter to them if you don't try to use the insurance.  Just my two cents.  :)

This is the Gould Medical Foundation here in Modesto.  The person I e- mailed was my doctors what's the word I want?  Later, my mom had talked to someone else about this because she had to go and get some information of some sort about my dad so we can get our house refinanced.  My brain doesn't pick up everything so I cant tell you  everything, but the not excepting cash thing may not be true.  Still don't know why I have no good choices of doctors because I live in Modesto.

Written By: snozberries on 11/15/12 at 10:38 pm

Still don't know why I have no good choices of doctors because I live in Modesto.

Ann one of the reasons there are more choices in Sacramento is Sac is much bigger than Modesto. 

Modesto's only about 37 square miles with a population of just over 200,000 people.
Sacramento is about 100 square miles with over 2.5 million people.

I'm not real goo at math but basically Sacramento is nearly 3 times as big as Modesto with 10 times as many people. 

Written By: wildcard on 11/15/12 at 10:45 pm

Why cant I keep the good doctors I have instead of picking the crappiest ones possible?  What does that have to do with the size of Modesto?

added  It's as if someone has purposly chosen the worse doctors in the worse areas of Modesto for anyone in Modesto to choose from.

Written By: snozberries on 11/15/12 at 11:01 pm

Why cant I keep the good doctors I have instead of picking the crappiest ones possible?  What does that have to do with the size of Modesto?

added  It's as if someone has purposly chosen the worse doctors in the worse areas of Modesto for anyone in Modesto to choose from.

I'm honestly not sure how medical works. I don't if drs choose to accept it or if the govt decides but that doesn't mean all the drs on the list are crappy. I'm sure many of them are good. You just don't know them yet.

Written By: wildcard on 11/15/12 at 11:12 pm

I'm honestly not sure how medical works. I don't if drs choose to accept it or if the govt decides but that doesn't mean all the drs on the list are crappy. I'm sure many of them are good. You just don't know them yet.

True that I don't know the docyors and been listening to my mom a lot, but they are in the crappiest neighborhoods.  Medical is a goverment program that is probably entirly goverment controlled.  I don't know, I don't understand, I feel helpless, lets just stop talking about this so I don't make my mind totally loose it.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/16/12 at 7:36 am

It is true.  Doctors won't take patients, well customers really, who aren't on medical insurance plans they don't deal with.  I am not sure why, maybe they are obligated at some point to treat you, then have to chase you for the money if the costs run high.  I'm not sure. but they won't do it.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/16/12 at 7:43 am

With Medicare, that is insurance for over 65, you get free basic coverage, you can only use doctors who are Medicare approved.  If you want to can also buy into additional coverage- Medicare part b, which offers you more choices and drug coverage for about $100 a month .  Suffice to say health insurance in the United States is one big ripoff, but Medicare is a great program.

Written By: meesa on 11/16/12 at 8:33 am

Depends, if someone is 'medi-medi', meaning they have both medicare part b or Medicare Advantage and mediCal, there is rarely a copay as MediCal would pick up what is left over from Med B/MedAdvantage. If someone only has Med Part B, they have deductible and coinsurance, if they have only a Medicare Advantage plan, they will have the copay of their plan, and if they have only MediCal, the copay should be relatively low.

Written By: karen on 11/16/12 at 11:06 am

or pay cash and then claim the costs back.  Maybe that particular primary care doctor isn't registered with them at all. 

Written By: karen on 11/16/12 at 11:10 am

bowling and a meal out tonight for Elizabeth's birthday.

Running round tomorrow buying various birthday presents for Elizabeth and also friends parties that she and James are going to.

Sunday is British Schools Orienteering Championships so early bus with Elizabeth's school.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/12 at 12:04 pm

I called my doctor today to get results of my blood test last week.  Mainly I was concerned at how my A1C (it's a test taken every 3 months to see your average blood glucose control.)  Last time I was checked (about 6 months ago) I was over 10% and my doctor was very concerned.  For monitoring glucose control, A1c is currently reported as a percentage, and it is recommended that diabetics aim to keep their A1c below 7%.  So, I've been trying to eat better and get more exercise, even though it hurts to walk.  So anyway, my latest test was 7.3% which is alot better.  I mean, it's still high, but it's alot better.  I only hope to improve from here on out.  It may not seem like much, but it's a start.

My husband has decided with his adult daughter, to move her here to live in the city from her current place to live in California.  He told her that he will pay for a cheap apartment for a year, but she does have to get a job (which she has never had.)  We are supposed to fly her here in January.  Even though she'll have her own apartment, I think she's gonna hate it here.  My hubby can be... a bit controlling and even though she really needs someone to show her how to "grow up", I think she's gonna fight every effort tooth and nail.  I am trying to stay out of it.  It's very stressful, she just isn't that easy to deal with.  I'm really hoping that she steps up and realizes that, while this isn't gonna be luxurious, it's a heck of alot more help then either of us got at her age.  I hope that she takes the opportunity and matures and becomes a responsible adult.  Her options aren't really that many otherwise.

We were planning on taking in my late sister's daughter a couple years back. She was 22 going on 15. She came out for a visit-we showed her around, showed her the college (hint, hint). We offered her a place rent free but she was either going to have to get a job or go to college. I was hoping that we could have showed her how to grow up-but she didn't want it. She wanted to get back to her friends. One of my other sisters told us that we dodged a bullet. She is still the party girl who doesn't have any desire to grow up.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 11/16/12 at 2:34 pm

With Medicare, that is insurance for over 65, you get free basic coverage, you can only use doctors who are Medicare approved.  If you want to can also buy into additional coverage- Medicare part b, which offers you more choices and drug coverage for about $100 a month .  Suffice to say health insurance in the United States is one big ripoff, but Medicare is a great program.

Yes it is a ripoff,but I don't know what else I can do and think I have to stay on the stupid plan for some reason.

I was talking with mom and the fear with these doctors is there's a good chance that they are not certified and wont be able to take care of me anyway.  I'm being boxed into a crappy package and my BS is going off big time.  Now if I can just get ready to fight the BS and not let me fell like I don't understand anything and am helpless..

Written By: snozberries on 11/16/12 at 3:34 pm

Yes it is a ripoff,but I don't know what else I can do and think I have to stay on the stupid plan for some reason.

I was talking with mom and the fear with these doctors is there's a good chance that they are not certified and wont be able to take care of me anyway.  I'm being boxed into a crappy package and my BS is going off big time.  Now if I can just get ready to fight the BS and not let me fell like I don't understand anything and am helpless..

Honestly Ann I don't think things are as bad as your making them out to be. The drs on the list are all probably very good....certainly ALL of them are certified.  If you are really concerned there are plenty of websites where you can read reviews on drs and see if the dr you want to visit is good.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/16/12 at 3:53 pm

Honestly Ann I don't think things are as bad as your making them out to be. The drs on the list are all probably very good....certainly ALL of them are certified.  If you are really concerned there are plenty of websites where you can read reviews on drs and see if the dr you want to visit is good.

Agreed

Written By: wildcard on 11/16/12 at 4:16 pm

I just told you mom's concern as well as mine.  We haven't looked these doctors up, but I can tell you to get a doctor who has the equipment and knowledge to look in and take care of my ear, I have to go to Sacramento. Even Sutter here doesn't have the right tools and or doesn't know what an ear that's been operated on as much as mine has looks like.  I'd love to just move to Sacramento, I'm sure I can find an okay primary doctor there and I'll be closer to my ear doctor, but that's not going to happen.  I hope my situation isn't as bad as these situations always make me feel.

Written By: snozberries on 11/16/12 at 4:41 pm

I just told you mom's concern as well as mine.  We haven't looked these doctors up, but I can tell you to get a doctor who has the equipment and knowledge to look in and take care of my ear, I have to go to Sacramento. Even Sutter here doesn't have the right tools and or doesn't know what an ear that's been operated on as much as mine has looks like.  I'd love to just move to Sacramento, I'm sure I can find an okay primary doctor there and I'll be closer to my ear doctor, but that's not going to happen.  I hope my situation isn't as bad as these situations always make me feel.

In terms of finding a dr suitable for your specific needs are hard not because the drs in modesto suck but because- as I stated many posts ago- Modesto is small. Specialists tend to practice in large areas not small areas because of the greater demand in big cities... It sucks for you I know but unfortunately that's just the way it is...

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/16/12 at 5:28 pm

We were planning on taking in my late sister's daughter a couple years back. She was 22 going on 15. She came out for a visit-we showed her around, showed her the college (hint, hint). We offered her a place rent free but she was either going to have to get a job or go to college. I was hoping that we could have showed her how to grow up-but she didn't want it. She wanted to get back to her friends. One of my other sisters told us that we dodged a bullet. She is still the party girl who doesn't have any desire to grow up.  :-\\

Cat

I think that is the same case with my step-daughter.  I don't think she really wants to work (she's 21.) She wants to stay at home and knit.  Knitting is nice, but is not going to provide enough income to pay rent, utilities, food and medical care. 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/16/12 at 5:58 pm

Congratulations on getting down to 7.3%!  That's great.  Seek progress, not perfection.

As for your step daughter, I just have to say that if your husband starts paying her rent now, he will be paying it for the rest of her life.  Do NOT let him start.  I'm serious.  I worked and had my own apartment and paid my own rent at 20.  She can do it if she wants to.

Written By: snozberries on 11/16/12 at 6:12 pm

Seek progress, not perfection.

I like that!  8)

Written By: Dagwood on 11/16/12 at 6:24 pm

It is true.  Doctors won't take patients, well customers really, who aren't on medical insurance plans they don't deal with.  I am not sure why, maybe they are obligated at some point to treat you, then have to chase you for the money if the costs run high.  I'm not sure. but they won't do it.

I guess Utah is different then.  I don't have insurance at all and don't have problems getting a doctor.  I just have to pay the visit up front, usually at a discount for self pay.

Written By: wildcard on 11/16/12 at 8:09 pm

In terms of finding a dr suitable for your specific needs are hard not because the drs in modesto suck but because- as I stated many posts ago- Modesto is small. Specialists tend to practice in large areas not small areas because of the greater demand in big cities... It sucks for you I know but unfortunately that's just the way it is...

I think I just wanted to know what's wrong with Medical Gould?  Why this change in which I can only pick from doctors in the lousiest areas?  why am I asking you?  to much frustration going through my head lately.

I don't know how the L I get so upset but I do and things have been bothering me this bad all my live.  It may be a chemical imbalence of some sort, there may be a devil ( I think so) there may be both going on with me, but I get upset and loose it.  I know it and I think it's been seen around here before.  Yes it's just a sucky sitiuation for me and my mom to work out best as can be done for now.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/17/12 at 5:52 am

I think that is the same case with my step-daughter.  I don't think she really wants to work (she's 21.) She wants to stay at home and knit.  Knitting is nice, but is not going to provide enough income to pay rent, utilities, food and medical care.

I crochet when I don't want to think, when I am depressed I crochet more so I don't have to think.  If you're step daughter is staying home and knitting she is probably depressed, but maybe you can work with that knitting thing.  Is she a very good knitter?  If not get her to a knitting class just to get her out.  There are groups of knitters out there now, get her into one.  If her knitting is good, have her start knitting and selling what she knits, or knitting for baby charities, most hospitals love newborn caps and sacks, have her deliver them.  That would be a start to get her connected to the world, it is that kind of thing that could get her out, maybe into a part time job, maybe into a job.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/17/12 at 11:07 am

Going to pick up the new microwave and the new faucet for our new kitchen.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/17/12 at 12:13 pm

Going to pick up the new microwave and the new faucet for our new kitchen.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

YAY!!!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/17/12 at 2:02 pm

2nd quarter of school is over... all A's except one B in Physics (and it's an 89.4... .6 measly points away from an A)... which means.... 9-DAY WEEKEND!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWPwfQcPS5s

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/17/12 at 2:09 pm

2nd quarter of school is over... all A's except one B in Physics (and it's an 89.4... .6 measly points away from an A)... which means.... 9-DAY WEEKEND!!!!

Congrats.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/17/12 at 2:31 pm

Excellent!!!! It'll be nice to have you back for 9 days.

Congrats on the grades. Even tho you missed the A in physics you should be proud! Plus you'll work .7 times harder to ensure you get the A 3rd quarter!!!

What yr is it? Jr? Sr? 

Any plans for college yet that big brain of yours is itching for higher learning!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/17/12 at 5:02 pm

Excellent!!!! It'll be nice to have you back for 9 days.

Congrats on the grades. Even tho you missed the A in physics you should be proud! Plus you'll work .7 times harder to ensure you get the A 3rd quarter!!!

What yr is it? Jr? Sr? 

Any plans for college yet that big brain of yours is itching for higher learning!

Thanks! I'm in my senior year, and I'm not sure if I want to go directly to college after the year is over, or take some time off to find a part-time job.... either way I'm enjoying my last year.

Written By: snozberries on 11/17/12 at 5:12 pm

Thanks! I'm in my senior year, and I'm not sure if I want to go directly
to college after the year is over, or take some time off to find a part-time job.... either way I'm enjoying my last year.

Glad you're enjoying the year. No need to rush. Hell save some money and get your core work done at a community college  :)    You're a smart kid. You'll do what's right for you!

Just keep up the good work!

Written By: wildcard on 11/17/12 at 9:49 pm

I'm calmed down a little about this so that's good  but at dinner, I let my mom know it was still bugging me.  My mom told me that when she was talking to the person she was talking to, she said that my doctor was taking this plan, but couldn't take me because I live in Stanislaus County and this is a San Joaquin County  plan. Guess I'm suppose to move to whatever county these whoever makes these fn rules for. 

a little bit of a headache from the rain, but other then that doing good.  Will be seeing my ear doctor in Sacramento on Tuesday so he can check my ear.  If I need another operation or something, that might change the way we go with my health care.

My brother John has lost his job and will be moving back in with us. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/18/12 at 1:15 pm

I crochet when I don't want to think, when I am depressed I crochet more so I don't have to think.  If you're step daughter is staying home and knitting she is probably depressed, but maybe you can work with that knitting thing.  Is she a very good knitter?  If not get her to a knitting class just to get her out.  There are groups of knitters out there now, get her into one.  If her knitting is good, have her start knitting and selling what she knits, or knitting for baby charities, most hospitals love newborn caps and sacks, have her deliver them.  That would be a start to get her connected to the world, it is that kind of thing that could get her out, maybe into a part time job, maybe into a job.

Yeah, she is on Wellbutrin, so that is a factor.  We are setting her up with a debit card so that she can set up an Etsy account to sell her stuff.  I don't know if she's any good, I'm not a good judge at that stuff.  She hasn't really shown me anything other then one picture of a shrug she made, which was cute.  I tried to get her into a knitting group when she was staying with us this summer, but she already discounted it before she even got into the store.  I tried to get her into a crafters group at the library also, but she didn't want to do that either.  I was going to join with her, so that she'd know somebody at first, until she made friends.  I figured I could do something with all these bits and bobs of crafty stuff I've been squirreling away for years.  Maybe make some jewelry or something. 
Thank you for the advice.  I'm just going to keep trying when she gets here.  It's all that I know to do.  I thought about doing the baby blankets thing too, but she is so negative about babies and mothers (she has no desire to be one, and just glares at me when I suggested the knitting for babies), and really anything that I suggest (it seems)... I'm getting a little frustrated. 
I may just give her a list of things and let her decide from that rather then talking to her about it.  Let her feel like she's in control of things, I guess.  I may still join the crafter's group at the library, whether my stepdaughter wants to go or not.  I've been too isolated myself, for too long.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/18/12 at 2:38 pm

I thought about doing the baby blankets thing too, but she is so negative about babies and mothers (she has no desire to be one, and just glares at me when I suggested the knitting for babies), and really anything that I suggest (it seems)... I'm getting a little frustrated. 

Knit for the elderly, then  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 11/18/12 at 4:23 pm

Yeah, she is on Wellbutrin, so that is a factor.  We are setting her up with a debit card so that she can set up an Etsy account to sell her stuff.  I don't know if she's any good, I'm not a good judge at that stuff.  She hasn't really shown me anything other then one picture of a shrug she made, which was cute.  I tried to get her into a knitting group when she was staying with us this summer, but she already discounted it before she even got into the store.  I tried to get her into a crafters group at the library also, but she didn't want to do that either.  I was going to join with her, so that she'd know somebody at first, until she made friends.  I figured I could do something with all these bits and bobs of crafty stuff I've been squirreling away for years.  Maybe make some jewelry or something. 
Thank you for the advice.  I'm just going to keep trying when she gets here.  It's all that I know to do.  I thought about doing the baby blankets thing too, but she is so negative about babies and mothers (she has no desire to be one, and just glares at me when I suggested the knitting for babies), and really anything that I suggest (it seems)... I'm getting a little frustrated. 
I may just give her a list of things and let her decide from that rather then talking to her about it.  Let her feel like she's in control of things, I guess.  I may still join the crafter's group at the library, whether my stepdaughter wants to go or not.  I've been too isolated myself, for too long.

Sounds like anything you suggest is going to be met with a negative reaction.

I'd back off for now. The girls got issues for sure and it's a delicate place because she's your husbands daughter. Ash is right. She should be cut loose and forced to fend for herself but your hubby's too kind for the tough love thing. Best to back off give her her space and hope he sees the truth soon enough.

Written By: wildcard on 11/18/12 at 4:59 pm

Sounds like anything you suggest is going to be met with a negative reaction.

I'd back off for now. The girls got issues for sure and it's a delicate place because she's your husbands daughter. Ash is right. She should be cut loose and forced to fend for herself but your hubby's too kind for the tough love thing. Best to back off give her her space and hope he sees the truth soon enough.

agreed that your just going to get a negative reaction at the moment.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/18/12 at 5:12 pm

I agree, just let her do her own thing.  You don't need the negativity, too.  I like the idea of the crafters club, though.  Do it, even if she doesn't want to.  It will do you a world of good to get out and meet other people.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/18/12 at 5:31 pm

Tomorrow we are going up north. It is Step-Daughter #2's birthday and we are going out to lunch with the kids (since she has to work tomorrow night). I think all the Vermont contingency will be there but my youngest step-daughter may not be able to make it. This might be our Thanksgiving dinner, too since my step-son will be spending Thursday with the in-laws, & my two step-daughters have to work.

We are also trying to coordinate about Christmas. We will be having it in January since my oldest step-daughter will be coming out from California at that time. SIL will probably be joining us again at that time. We are also planning to go to PR in Jan and will probably fly back with SIL.

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/19/12 at 5:37 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.  We are all planning the big feast. My nephew and his family are coming over for Turkey day.  As he is only 3.5 years younger than me, and an only child, him and I were each others "family."  I am closer to him than the rest of my brothers and sister (14, 13 and 10 years older than me).  It should be a good time.  Making Cheeseburger soup, turkey, some sides (not sure what) and thinking about making the "white castle stuffing".... Has anyone made it?  Sounds delish, especially with the Cheeseburger soup, and non traditional meal that we are having. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/19/12 at 6:45 pm

Included in our morning paper was a list that was put out by the state of people who the state owes money to. They print that list every year and every year, I kind of look through it hoping. But, of course, no such luck. Until today! When I saw it sitting there on the table, I made a comment as I reached for it when Carlos told me that I was in there!  :o :o :o  I guess I was expecting the name to be under what it used to be before I married Carlos-but nope. It was my married name and my current address. There was a little asterisk next to my name indicating that it is less than $200-but still. For the life of me, I have no idea what it is from. I was thinking that it could have been about the V.A. compensation on our taxes-but the taxes are in Carlos' name and my name was the only listed. So, I need to fill out a form that was included and have it notarized. (I can just go next door to the town offices for that.) 

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/12 at 8:33 pm

Awesome news Cat!

Sounds like itll be a great day Sami ('cept for the cheeseburger soup)

I will be at work.

My guess is the fire dept is still kind of mad at us (our chief) last year was the first turkey day since I started working there in '97 that we weren't invited to partake.  Guess I get no joy again this year. And I work til 10pm so probably no turkey day dinner from my landlords either  :-\\

Anyone wanna send me some yams?

Written By: Dagwood on 11/19/12 at 10:49 pm

That sucks, Q.  Wish I were closer, I would at least bring you a plate from our dinner.  There is always plenty (and no cheese ;) )

Written By: snozberries on 11/20/12 at 12:40 am

That sucks, Q.  Wish I were closer, I would at least bring you a plate from our dinner.  There is always plenty (and no cheese ;) )

Thanks dag.

I'm sure ill get some leftovers from somewhere.

Actually I totally forgot- see how selective my memory is. The chief did order us food on t-day last year. It kinda sucked but it was a nice gesture.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/20/12 at 3:26 am

Included in our morning paper was a list that was put out by the state of people who the state owes money to. They print that list every year and every year, I kind of look through it hoping. But, of course, no such luck. Until today! When I saw it sitting there on the table, I made a comment as I reached for it when Carlos told me that I was in there!  :o :o :o  I guess I was expecting the name to be under what it used to be before I married Carlos-but nope. It was my married name and my current address. There was a little asterisk next to my name indicating that it is less than $200-but still. For the life of me, I have no idea what it is from. I was thinking that it could have been about the V.A. compensation on our taxes-but the taxes are in Carlos' name and my name was the only listed. So, I need to fill out a form that was included and have it notarized. (I can just go next door to the town offices for that.) 

Cat

ME TOO!!!  $600!!!    Just may get myself that IPad!  :)

Written By: Henk on 11/20/12 at 5:08 am

Cat

Excellent! :) Spend it wisely. Have a blast! :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/12 at 9:09 am

Way cool! Can I ask-overpaid taxes? Like I said, that is the only thing I can think of.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/20/12 at 9:58 am

so do you have to know you're on this list to get the money...do they not notify you an any other way.....

wonder if I've been on a list somewhere and never knew it  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/12 at 10:02 am

so do you have to know you're on this list to get the money...do they not notify you an any other way.....

wonder if I've been on a list somewhere and never knew it  :-\\

http://www.sco.ca.gov/upd.html  There is a link that you can search.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 11/20/12 at 10:05 am

Well, that was all the action for today, I guess.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/20/12 at 11:42 am

Way cool! Can I ask-overpaid taxes? Like I said, that is the only thing I can think of.

Cat

Don't know, they will tell me when I send in proof that I am me  :)

Written By: nally on 11/20/12 at 4:50 pm

Been busy this week in cleaning up the house, as we are having family members over for Thanksgiving, and the day before, which is my mom's birthday. My paternal grandfather drove out here from Palm Desert this morning; it is his first travel since before my grandmother's passing 3 months ago; and tomorrow we are gonna pick up my other grandma; both of them will be here for the holiday as well. So it's been kinda busy.  In addition, I am still volunteering at the library (which I did yesterday and today in the morning), but skipped ContactsNCoffee this morning because there was some house cleanup to do.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/12 at 5:15 pm

Kitchen is ALMOST done. We thought it would be done but the hinges that I ordered were the wrong ones.  :(  http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/033923/033923018050lg.jpg

We ran out to a local home improvement store and they didn't have anything that we really wanted to settle for. So, I found similar ones to the one that I bought. https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3YR2Eh5iVy-Xg9GLTFUT75cKa6EHeY_42OTxBqK8H6TDMhBqM

So now, we have to wait for them to come in. He still has a few other minor things to do but the new facet is in-and it looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Oh yeah, I have to return the other hinges.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/20/12 at 6:46 pm

http://www.sco.ca.gov/upd.html  There is a link that you can search.

Cat

hmmm....can I claim this?

http://sco.ca.gov/Photos/2012_unclaimed_property_21.jpg

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/20/12 at 9:39 pm

A few years ago, I searched one of those "found" money sites for the state of Ohio.  No such luck for me, but I found my grandfather (who has been dead since 1975) my dad lives in the same house as what was listed for his father.  It'd be cool if he could claim it.  lol  I don't think it was much, but anything would be cool.

Written By: wildcard on 11/20/12 at 10:23 pm

back from Sacramento.

In order to keep my ear doctor I'm going to have to choose another primary doctor, there are no doctors in Modesto that have the equpment and or knowlege. 

Face hair removal will take cash because a plan wont matter anyway.   

took back some furnature from John's appartment.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/20/12 at 10:29 pm

A few years ago, I searched one of those "found" money sites for the state of Ohio.  No such luck for me, but I found my grandfather (who has been dead since 1975) my dad lives in the same house as what was listed for his father.  It'd be cool if he could claim it.  lol  I don't think it was much, but anything would be cool.

He can if he can prove he is an heir.  We just went through this with my grandma.  Both she and my dad had passed.  Since she had two kids, the money was split in half with my dads being split three ways between me and my brothers.  I ended up with $400 so it was about $2500. 

Written By: nally on 11/21/12 at 11:35 am

Kitchen is ALMOST done. We thought it would be done but the hinges that I ordered were the wrong ones.  :(  http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/033923/033923018050lg.jpg

We ran out to a local home improvement store and they didn't have anything that we really wanted to settle for. So, I found similar ones to the one that I bought. https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3YR2Eh5iVy-Xg9GLTFUT75cKa6EHeY_42OTxBqK8H6TDMhBqM

So now, we have to wait for them to come in. He still has a few other minor things to do but the new facet is in-and it looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Oh yeah, I have to return the other hinges.  :-\\

Cat

Good luck with your kitchen projects!

On a relatively similar note, my dad bought a couple of frosting packets to decorate my mom's birthday cake, and the nozzles that we have (for squirting the icing in a certain pattern) did not fit properly on those packets, so last night he and my mom went back to the store and bought a package of nozzles that are compatible with the packets...and finally got the cake neatly decorated.

My mom had to work this morning, but later on we will take her out for dinner.

Written By: wildcard on 11/22/12 at 4:59 pm

Like I've told Howard, My ear is still infected so I'm on another medicene.  Today so far furnature has been moving and stuff to give John a room when he comes back maybe on Sunday.  I've been out in my garden getting a little sun on my back and pulling some weeds so I get something done.  Don't think we'll be having turkey, but I think mom is going to make some pumpkin bread.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/23/12 at 11:31 am

Now it's Brown  Friday.

And I feel so much better now.  :o

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/23/12 at 7:47 pm

Well I only went to one black Friday/Thursday sale - last night and I got's me 2 iPad 2's and $150 in gift cards.  No pushing no shoving, just waiting in line for over an hour...  But all is well.  Today I did shopping online  8)

This weekend is eldest daughter's duck show.  She took 5 of her call ducks, she is sooo excited.  Fingers crossed she does well.  She hasn't realized she is the only one with butterscotch call ducks, so she definitely will have champion butterscotch.  800 birds, it should be exciting.  8) 8)

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/12 at 7:49 pm

Well I only went to one black Friday/Thursday sale - last night and I got's me 2 iPad 2's and $150 in gift cards.  No pushing no shoving, just waiting in line for over an hour...  But all is well.  Today I did shopping online  8)

This weekend is eldest daughter's duck show.  She took 5 of her call ducks, she is sooo excited.  Fingers crossed she does well.  She hasn't realized she is the only one with butterscotch call ducks, so she definitely will have champion butterscotch.  800 birds, it should be exciting.  8) 8)

2 ipads? One for the girls to share and one for mom I hope!!! 

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/23/12 at 8:21 pm

2 ipads? One for the girls to share and one for mom I hope!!!
You got it... My Anniversary/Christmas present!  Something I really wanted, probably will use more often than the Margarita Machine  8)

Really the other one is for the eldest daughter, she wanted a nook hd and since this was on sale, and she already has iPod I don't need to rebuy her games, apps, music and such!!!  8)

Written By: wildcard on 11/23/12 at 8:30 pm

John is here and so is his bed, so he's moved back.  We ate and John, Joel, and dad are watching some Sci- Fi thing. 

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/23/12 at 8:37 pm

The worst part about having the iPads now....  I can't play with them.  :P

I also need to find cases/accessories to go with them.  If anyone see's or know's of good deals, let me know.  8)

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/12 at 8:47 pm

You got it... My Anniversary/Christmas present!  Something I really wanted, probably will use more often than the Margarita Machine  8)

Really the other one is for the eldest daughter, she wanted a nook hd and since this was on sale, and she already has iPod I don't need to rebuy her games, apps, music and such!!!  8)

that's awesome!!! Congrats!!! it was a great price too...plus the gift cards! That's fantastic! Congrats...

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/12 at 8:47 pm

The worst part about having the iPads now....  I can't play with them.  :P

I also need to find cases/accessories to go with them.  If anyone see's or know's of good deals, let me know.  8)

ebay....seriously... I got one I like for like $8 and free shipping!

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/23/12 at 9:11 pm

ebay....seriously... I got one I like for like $8 and free shipping!
I looked amazon... Because I also have to find a touch and a nook hd cases... And was hoping all easy ship!  Not really finding what I want (bright colorful, but functional for the kid... Me with as much crap as possible :D)

Written By: nally on 11/26/12 at 6:52 pm

So this morning I was volunteering at the library again; last week I was asked to pull a series of books from the shelves which were to be "retired", or discarded... and today I was shown how to actually purge them from the system (by entering their barcode numbers for removal, which the supervisor showed me how to do)... and then said books were to be placed on a special shelf in the back room for actual discard. (The shelves had a big sign with the word "Discard" on top of it.) So that was something new for me for today.

Written By: wildcard on 11/26/12 at 9:21 pm

tomorrow at 9:30 am, I'll be at Sutter Gold in Modesto for my ultrasound biopsy of my thyroid. 

Written By: karen on 11/27/12 at 11:09 am

So this morning I was volunteering at the library again; last week I was asked to pull a series of books from the shelves which were to be "retired", or discarded... and today I was shown how to actually purge them from the system (by entering their barcode numbers for removal, which the supervisor showed me how to do)... and then said books were to be placed on a special shelf in the back room for actual discard. (The shelves had a big sign with the word "Discard" on top of it.) So that was something new for me for today.

Does the library sell the discarded books?  The library in town here has a big book sale once a year selling discarded stock. 

Written By: nally on 11/27/12 at 2:39 pm

Does the library sell the discarded books?  The library in town here has a big book sale once a year selling discarded stock. 

They might; I'm not entirely sure. I know that the supervisor explained that it was "the end of the life cycle of a library book" when he showed me the place yesterday.

Written By: warped on 11/27/12 at 3:01 pm

Same here. The sale is well attended. I've seen long lineups of people waiting to get in.

Written By: warped on 11/27/12 at 3:05 pm

They might; I'm not entirely sure. I know that the supervisor explained that it was "the end of the life cycle of a library book" when he showed me the place yesterday.

You can ask them if they have a sale. If they don't, maybe you've just given them a great idea, and that will look good on you.

Written By: nally on 11/27/12 at 3:07 pm

You can ask them if they have a sale. If they don't, maybe you've just given them a great idea, and that will look good on you.

Yeah; they gotta do something with those retired books, even if it means recycling them altogether. I'll ask when I go back next Monday.

Written By: wildcard on 11/27/12 at 3:14 pm

I survived  I go to the dentist tomorrow.

Written By: snozberries on 11/28/12 at 9:57 am

I'm published.....sort of.  :D

http://www.police.ucsb.edu/files/docs/Gaucho_Guardian_Vol_3_Iss_1.pdf

pg 16  8)

Written By: karen on 11/28/12 at 11:59 am

pg 16  8)

Great article Tq

Written By: danootaandme on 11/28/12 at 3:23 pm

I got called out for a job, 3 days. It won't give me my hours for the year, but it will add to my pension credit.  :(  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/28/12 at 5:23 pm

Great article Q, it's well-written and makes me all the more proud (still) of your accomplishment.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/28/12 at 6:23 pm

Great article Tq

thanks!  :)

Great article Q, it's well-written and makes me all the more proud (still) of your accomplishment.  :)

thanks Patty!  :)

Written By: warped on 11/28/12 at 6:32 pm

Another published author within the boards. Read your whole article.

Feels good huh!
Nice!

Written By: nally on 11/28/12 at 6:34 pm

pg 16  8)

Just checked it out. Way to go!! 8) O0

Written By: wildcard on 11/28/12 at 7:16 pm

survived the dentist

Written By: snozberries on 11/28/12 at 7:58 pm

Another published author within the boards. Read your whole article.

Feels good huh!
Nice!

8)

It does. I've been "published" twice before - maybe three times.
I've written two previous articles featured in the Guardian (nothing so personal tho)
And I wrote a paper in film studies they published in the UCSB Film Studies Journal 'Focus' in 2000. It was a personal article about my search for a (racial) identity thru media.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/28/12 at 7:58 pm

Just checked it out. Way to go!! 8) O0

Thanks jeff

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/28/12 at 9:05 pm

The damn power went out in my neighborhood. Apparently a transformer blew up or something. All I know is that I hope they get it back online by tomorrow morning, otherwise I won't be able to get my car out of my garage and get to work on time. :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/28/12 at 11:11 pm

pg 16  8)
*like*

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/28/12 at 11:14 pm

The damn power went out in my neighborhood. Apparently a transformer blew up or something. All I know is that I hope they get it back online by tomorrow morning, otherwise I won't be able to get my car out of my garage and get to work on time. :P
start taking apart the garage door opener!  Sucks but sometimes you have to do it!  Hope it doesn't get too cold, and they get it fixed quickly!

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/29/12 at 1:32 am

I keep clicking on the karma button but nothing happens.

http://i.imgur.com/Bef7j.jpg

Seriously, you rock.  Woo-hoo!

Written By: Henk on 11/29/12 at 1:57 am

pg 16  8)

Finally got a chance to read it. Great article! I could almost feel your pain.

Written By: snozberries on 11/29/12 at 8:25 am

I keep clicking on the karma button but nothing happens.

http://i.imgur.com/Bef7j.jpg

Seriously, you rock.  Woo-hoo!

Funny...it worked for me!  :D
Thanks!

Finally got a chance to read it. Great article! I could almost feel your pain.

Thanks Henk...
It was a risk going that personal but I thought what the hell. It's why I did it!

Written By: meesa on 11/29/12 at 9:27 am

pg 16  8)

Wonderful!

It was a risk going that personal but I thought what the hell. It's why I did it!
And that is why it is compelling. Congrats, my hat's off to you.

Written By: snozberries on 11/29/12 at 10:56 am

Wonderful!
And that is why it is compelling. Congrats, my hat's off to you.

:)  thanks!

Written By: wildcard on 11/29/12 at 3:22 pm

getting closer to the time in which I will have to have my medical changed.  My mom had called someone today who couldn't answer any of her questions.  One thing my mom wanted to know is why doctors cant take my cash because I'm on medical.  If any of you know of a good government website that would answer this let me know so I can let my mom know.  She's going to be looking all over the internet.

Written By: karen on 11/29/12 at 3:48 pm

Doesn't have manual release?

Written By: karen on 11/29/12 at 3:53 pm

I hate the run up to Christmas

Too much to do too little time.  No cards written yet and very few presents bought.

First Aid course at work today which I passed.

Tomorrow I am helping out with the make up for the Christmas Tableaux at school.  Then food shopping and packing for the weekend.  Saturday and Sunday Elizabeth and I are away with the regional junior orienteeering squad.  I am cooking for 20+ people Saturday dinner.  :-\\

Monday and Tuesday evenings more makeup school tableaux stuff.  dancing Wednesday, Dai's birthday Thursday and we are going to see Jools Holland in concert and then it will be the weekend again!

Written By: nally on 11/29/12 at 4:53 pm

That reminds me...next week I will start preparing my holiday cards to send out.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/29/12 at 5:19 pm

Got three days of work this week, and of course they are the coldest three days we've had. 

Written By: Henk on 11/30/12 at 3:10 am

OMG... Only one day left until Apocalyptic DeZOMBIEr! *

Run for the hills!!

* Yes, that's a hint. In case you hadn't thought of it yourself.;)

Written By: snozberries on 11/30/12 at 8:37 am

OMG... Only one day left until Apocalyptic DeZOMBIEr! *

Run for the hills!!

* Yes, that's a hint. In case you hadn't thought of it yourself.;)

Thanks for the reminder ....  :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/30/12 at 9:35 am

Father-in-law is in for a visit from California for about a week.  Had to scramble to clean off the couch (he showed up two days earlier then expected) but it was alright.  By tonight we'll have a room cleared out so that he can use the guest bed.  It's weird having a third person live here (at least temporarily).  Our fridge is packed full, as we are using only a small bar-sized fridge that is about 3 feet tall (3 feet = 91.44 centimeters) and father-in-law is a vegetarian, so we wanted to get stuff that he can eat (since Pittsburgh isn't exactly known for it's vegetarian friendly restaurants.)

Written By: snozberries on 11/30/12 at 9:57 am

Be thankful he's not Vegan...I have a few vegan friends. Eating out with them is painful I can't imagine having one in my home  :D

Hope it's a good visit.

Written By: wildcard on 11/30/12 at 1:48 pm

My mom has started calling people to try and get information.  I just had my neck and might have cancer.  The last thing I need is to be thorwn to a bunch of loosers who don't know s--- and cant take care of me.  Both of us want to know why I cant give cash to doctors because I'm on Medical.  She'll be making some more calls today trying to trace this law.

Written By: warped on 11/30/12 at 1:59 pm

My mom has started calling people to try and get information.  I just had my neck and might have cancer.  The last thing I need is to be thorwn to a bunch of loosers who don't know s--- and cant take care of me.  Both of us want to know why I cant give cash to doctors because I'm on Medical.  She'll be making some more calls today trying to trace this law.

Sux...F*** cancer. Hope the right diagnosis is made and it turns out to be nothing serious.

Written By: warped on 11/30/12 at 1:59 pm

Good news today!

Recently I haven't been feeling well and have been showing some symptoms of prostate troubles (frequent urination, passing blood ) and the doctor suggested I do a PSA test to determine whether they think it's cancer. I'm glad to find out the results of my PSA test today and they fall in the normal range, low normal, so the doctor is pretty certain it's not prostate cancer. I have an ultrasound to do on Monday to see if I have an infection somewhere. Just thank God it's not the "C" word.  :)

Written By: wildcard on 11/30/12 at 2:18 pm

Sux...F*** cancer. Hope the right diagnosis is made and it turns out to be nothing serious.

Know, we don't know if I have cancer or not yet.  This is just a local doctor whom  isn't a specialist and is the first to have taken a look at my neck.  This is why I cant just be thrown to all the know nothing doctors that Medi-Cal wants to give me.  I had to get in a cancer survivor group in another county to sugest I even get my neck checked.  I might be fine, it's just that doctors here in Modesto don't know anything.

Written By: snozberries on 11/30/12 at 5:40 pm

Know, we don't know if I have cancer or not yet.  This is just a local doctor whom  isn't a specialist and is the first to have taken a look at my neck.  This is why I cant just be thrown to all the know nothing doctors that Medi-Cal wants to give me.  I had to get in a cancer survivor group in another county to sugest I even get my neck checked.  I might be fine, it's just that doctors here in Modesto don't know anything.

Ann, I hope it's not cancer but you should know...no matter what doctor you saw no doctor would tell you if it was or wasn't cancer without sending you to an oncologist (a dr who specializes in cancer) it what they do.

Written By: wildcard on 11/30/12 at 6:41 pm

Ann, I hope it's not cancer but you should know...no matter what doctor you saw no doctor would tell you if it was or wasn't cancer without sending you to an oncologist (a dr who specializes in cancer) it what they do.

He saw something and pointed it out I don't think he was sure.  I can tell you for a fact that after as many operations and the radiation in my left ear, none of the doctors in Modesto would know if it looked normal or what.  This is why I have an ear doctor in Sacramento.  The doctors here in Modesto are not great and don't have the equipment.  If I could I'd move to Sacramento.  Now I'm dealing with something that is telling me I cant  pay cash because I'm on Medi-cal.  I say again  what kind of fuc-in bullsh-t is this?

my mom's phone calls have gotten to a few people who seem helpful so that's good.

Written By: nally on 12/01/12 at 1:52 am

He saw something and pointed it out I don't think he was sure.  I can tell you for a fact that after as many operations and the radiation in my left ear, none of the doctors in Modesto would know if it looked normal or what.  This is why I have an ear doctor in Sacramento.  The doctors here in Modesto are not great and don't have the equipment.  If I could I'd move to Sacramento.  Now I'm dealing with something that is telling me I cant  pay cash because I'm on Medi-cal.  I say again  what kind of fuc-in bullsh-t is this?

my mom's phone calls have gotten to a few people who seem helpful so that's good.

Well...keep us posted on any further updates and stuff of that nature.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/01/12 at 6:21 am

I hate the run up to Christmas

I'm with you, with kids there is such an expectation of miracles.  It is exactly the opposite of what the holidays should be.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/01/12 at 6:31 am

I thought Friday would be the last work I would see for a while, not that I have seen much, and the jobs I have been give have been crap.  The only job I figured I would take would be an elevator job, which are almost impossible, they are saved for those who are well connected.  I was surprised when the agent came to the job and told me that a supervisor from a previous job had called, an elevator job is opening on Monday and he told them that he wanted me on it.  There are three elevators, 2 on days 1 on nights.  The agent said he'd put me on night shift, but I can't work nights and he knows that,  I told him no way and why shouldn't I get day shift, anyway.  Well, the super in question told him in no uncertain terms that if he was going to shove the other two guys, who he didn't want, down his throat then he wanted me on the shift I wanted.  Sometimes just doing your job works out  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/01/12 at 9:06 am

That's awesome, Danoota!  Glad it worked out for you.  What exactly do you do on an elevator job?

Written By: wildcard on 12/01/12 at 10:52 am

Well...keep us posted on any further updates and stuff of that nature.

will do        my mom tells me she'll get to the bottom of this and she just might want me to not be so worried about it, but it's my life.  I can at least ask if any of you over here knew anything.  Cant hear to make phone calls and still have no idea how to use my TTY.  I don't think there's much else I can do other then pray that someone my mom called will give us an answer.

Written By: snozberries on 12/01/12 at 11:23 am

I thought Friday would be the last work I would see for a while, not that I have seen much, and the jobs I have been give have been crap.  The only job I figured I would take would be an elevator job, which are almost impossible, they are saved for those who are well connected.  I was surprised when the agent came to the job and told me that a supervisor from a previous job had called, an elevator job is opening on Monday and he told them that he wanted me on it.  There are three elevators, 2 on days 1 on nights.  The agent said he'd put me on night shift, but I can't work nights and he knows that,  I told him no way and why shouldn't I get day shift, anyway.  Well, the super in question told him in no uncertain terms that if he was going to shove the other two guys, who he didn't want, down his throat then he wanted me on the shift I wanted.  Sometimes just doing your job works out  :)

That's awesome!!!  Something similar may be happening to me!

We rotate shifts every 4 months.  I have, with few exceptions, lucked into or traded for, a dayshift for the last few years. We have 3 day shifts so its been easy. We're losing a dispatcher in Dec so we have to eliminate one day shift until the current trainee is trained. The two people going to days are not willing to trade so I'm rotating into nights. I resigned myself to that fact but Thursday my boss told me that another dispatcher (not the heart attack guy - who's healthy and back after getting a stent O0 ) but another has a "medical condition"  -insomnia  ::)  so he cannot work the graveyard shift he's assigned to.  Since they're classifying it a "medical condition" they have to give him his preferred shift (apparently) which is days.  And they want me on days because of my position I need to be around when campus admin is around. So they are going to order the two days shifts to cover the night shifts and rotate me and the other guy into their spot.

One of the people affected is that bitch I hate. She is still bitter she didn't get my job- as my boss said- this will only give her more reason to hate you .... Then she chuckled, shrugged and said oh well.  :-\\

I know this bitch there will be a grievance filed with the union- she did that when I got promoted.  Hmmm this'll be fun.  Can't wait to see how it'll play out.

Written By: snozberries on 12/01/12 at 11:27 am

will do        my mom tells me she'll get to the bottom of this and she just might want me to not be so worried about it, but it's my life.  I can at least ask if any of you over here knew anything.  Cant hear to make phone calls and still have no idea how to use my TTY.  I don't think there's much else I can do other then pray that someone my mom called will give us an answer.

The only reason I can think of drs not wanting to take cash is the procedures and treatments are expensive. It's not like they will know a final price. They can tell you how much an exam will be but not things like surgery, supplies, etc

Maybe they figure your situation is pretty costly and they are afraid...once they do the work...they will not see the cash.  I don't know if that's the case. I'm just speculating

Written By: wildcard on 12/01/12 at 2:28 pm

The only reason I can think of drs not wanting to take cash is the procedures and treatments are expensive. It's not like they will know a final price. They can tell you how much an exam will be but not things like surgery, supplies, etc

Maybe they figure your situation is pretty costly and they are afraid...once they do the work...they will not see the cash.  I don't know if that's the case. I'm just speculating

They say they cant take cash from me because I'm on Medical.  Even places that aren't going to take Medical any more say they cant take cash from me.  All doctors are saying this and it's against the law, but where is this Fing law?  If it is a law and I cant go to Sacramento any more for treatment then I'll probably die from something Modesto cant treat.  I'll have to quit Medical and may not have any money for anything.  This is not the doctors idea, this is either a dam law or some as-hole that is trying to control things thats done a good god spreading this crap-y sh--.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/01/12 at 2:32 pm

Congratulations

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/01/12 at 2:37 pm

We rotate shifts every 4 months.  I have, with few exceptions, lucked into or traded for, a dayshift for the last few years. We have 3 day shifts so its been easy. We're losing a dispatcher in Dec so we have to eliminate one day shift until the current trainee is trained. The two people going to days are not willing to trade so I'm rotating into nights. I resigned myself to that fact but Thursday my boss told me that another dispatcher (not the heart attack guy - who's healthy and back after getting a stent O0 ) but another has a "medical condition"  -insomnia  ::)  so he cannot work the graveyard shift he's assigned to.  Since they're classifying it a "medical condition" they have to give him his preferred shift (apparently) which is days.  And they want me on days because of my position I need to be around when campus admin is around. So they are going to order the two days shifts to cover the night shifts and rotate me and the other guy into their spot.

One of the people affected is that bitch I hate. She is still bitter she didn't get my job- as my boss said- this will only give her more reason to hate you .... Then she chuckled, shrugged and said oh well.  :-\\

I know this bitch there will be a grievance filed with the union- she did that when I got promoted.  Hmmm this'll be fun.  Can't wait to see how it'll play out.
YAY....  sort of!  ALways gotta love the bitter co-worker f :P

Written By: snozberries on 12/01/12 at 3:58 pm

YAY....  sort of!  ALways gotta love the bitter co-worker f :P

Right?!?  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 12/02/12 at 4:47 am

That's awesome, Danoota!  Glad it worked out for you.  What exactly do you do on an elevator job?

When you see a high rise being built, on the sides they have service elevators for the men and equipment to go up and down the floors to work.  Then are run manually by an elevator operator.  It is a good job to get, were it not for the fact that I hate heights  :( , but I've done it before and think I'll be okay.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/02/12 at 4:51 am

Convoluted Karma.....but it works  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/02/12 at 9:15 am

When you see a high rise being built, on the sides they have service elevators for the men and equipment to go up and down the floors to work.  Then are run manually by an elevator operator.  It is a good job to get, were it not for the fact that I hate heights  :( , but I've done it before and think I'll be okay.

Thanks.  That's kind of what I thought but since I have no clue about construction, I thought I would ask.  I'm glad for you.  Just don't look down....or up.  My height issues come when I look up at tall buildings, too. 

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/02/12 at 7:23 pm

congratulations!!!! 

Check for new replies or respond here...