inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any experience with apple tv?

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/25/12 at 6:55 am

I am thinking about buying the apple tv for my husband for Christmas.  We have been talking of getting rid of our Dish and doing Hulu or something to save around $50 a month. 

Subject: Re: Any experience with apple tv?

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/12 at 2:18 pm

I am thinking about buying the apple tv for my husband for Christmas.  We have been talking of getting rid of our Dish and doing Hulu or something to save around $50 a month.

I haven't used it but my friend does and she loves it.

She tried explaining it but I'm visual/tactual so reading about it didn't help me much.
Let me see if I can find her message

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/12 at 2:23 pm

I can watch every TV show and every movie that's in my iTunes library on my TV. I can also listen to my music from there as well. I can watch YouTube, Netflix, movie trailers... I love it. My cable is going to be cut off on Thursday and because of Apple TV I don't even care.

Now I don't think it's a suitable replacement for current tv. I mean if you have Hulu plus you can watch most shows but not all shows are available on line.  For her, she's a big tv watcher like me but she does downloads so she does get to see everything.

Hope that helps.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/25/12 at 8:01 pm

I can watch every TV show and every movie that's in my iTunes library on my TV. I can also listen to my music from there as well. I can watch YouTube, Netflix, movie trailers... I love it. My cable is going to be cut off on Thursday and because of Apple TV I don't even care.

Now I don't think it's a suitable replacement for current tv. I mean if you have Hulu plus you can watch most shows but not all shows are available on line.  For her, she's a big tv watcher like me but she does downloads so she does get to see everything.

Hope that helps.
We are thinking of getting hulu, and changing Internet providers (since ours sucks).  Hubby is only worried about his precious sports and how he will watch those. Yes hon it maybe an inconvenience, but frankly we don't make enough to keep the convenience!  Uggg

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/12 at 9:26 pm

We are thinking of getting hulu, and changing Internet providers (since ours sucks).  Hubby is only worried about his precious sports and how he will watch those. Yes hon it maybe an inconvenience, but frankly we don't make enough to keep the convenience!  Uggg

I have Hulu if u need one of those free trial recommendations

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/26/12 at 5:35 am

I have Hulu if u need one of those free trial recommendations
I may ask you for it if I ever get to open the iPad!

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/12 at 11:53 am

I may ask you for it if I ever get to open the iPad!

O0

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/26/12 at 1:52 pm

O0
Never before has 27 days seemed like FOREVER!!!  ( and that is just till the 18th, our Anniversary... I am not waiting till Christmas).  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...