inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HoHoHo it's time for Christmas Madness!

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/07/12 at 7:18 pm

My husband's Aunt has gone berserk all in the name of Christmas Joy.  She has no children, and has taken over in-laws Christmas get together.  Here is an email...  Does anyone else's family have the insane relatives???  There has to be more of us than just me!  Share!

" Some questions and ideas..

Will D be there?

Thinking I would like to read the Nativity Story sometime during the evening.

Grandpa B has been singing the words to Silent Night, wondered if we could sing that also.

R and I have early church, will have to find exact time? Anyone else going to church services that night?

I have purchased some 5-10 gifts to give as fun little gifts for prizes, however these gifts are specific in nature, so may have to ring the "reciepient"

Could A play a solo on her sax?

Would K be willing to sing something for us?

I read about a SILLY JAR where all write a silly question ( but appropriate) and you pass the SILLY JAR around and everyone takes out a silly question and answers it. If you can not answer first one you draw,another question. Could put some starter questions in the jar.... Just fun idea.

For the specific gifts, we could attach them to a string and put some
"requirement" on the end of each string, like you must be able to tell something about WW 2, or you must be able to ...child specific and when they do that they pull the string and find a gift attached at end.---For example who can play a sax, who can name the two preschool teachers name, who knows the name of ....something related to ducks, who knows something related to softball, I think it could be done...... I had great aunt that did this and we loved it as kids!!

WHAT ABOUT THE ADULTS ARE WE GOING TO DO ANYTHING? GRABBAG?

Would like a family picture,,, R's camera has a timer on it...maybe others also.

Will continue later with what I will bring to eat and any other new ideas I get..

H and C...what would work for your kids, what can we do that would be FUN for them!!!Please give feedback...

Are you ready for snow on Monday, well maybe???

Love you all, mbc

--
“A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart”

Subject: Re: HoHoHo it's time for Christmas Madness!

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/07/12 at 8:31 pm

AND all hell has broke loose!  All because no one even asked the question, if Christmas Eve would work for everyone. 

My husband works (4am - 2 pm) Christmas eve and (2 am - 8 am) Christmas Day.  A whole "extravaganza" was not really what he had in mind.  He would try and make it work, but really I do not feel comfortable with him driving 27 miles and working on 2-4 hours of sleep.

I was just going to plan and take the girls to my mothers, and spend Christmas eve with her, and come home.  Yes I know hubby wouldn't be there, but he could at least have some sleep, and be up and going for the girls Christmas madness when he got home from work on Christmas.  ::)

Written By: wildcard on 12/07/12 at 9:17 pm

I was just going to plan and take the girls to my mothers, and spend Christmas eve with her, and come home.  Yes I know hubby wouldn't be there, but he could at least have some sleep, and be up and going for the girls Christmas madness when he got home from work on Christmas.  ::)

Sounds like the best that can be done for all you at this time.

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/07/12 at 9:43 pm

Holy Crap!  Someone needs to gift her some Xanax.  You, my dear, should stay home =)

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/07/12 at 11:31 pm

I read about a SILLY JAR where all write a silly question ( but appropriate) and you pass the SILLY JAR around and everyone takes out a silly question and answers it. If you can not answer first one you draw,another question. Could put some starter questions in the jar.... Just fun idea.

Print out that e-mail, run it through a non-crosscutting shredder, and put each strip, one line per question, into the jar. 

Then throw the jar into the living room, turn around, and run away real fast.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/09/12 at 1:12 pm

Print out that e-mail, run it through a non-crosscutting shredder, and put each strip, one line per question, into the jar. 

Then throw the jar into the living room, turn around, and run away real fast.
lol!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/09/12 at 1:14 pm

Seriously nobody else has the Christmas Crazies???? Or is it just me and the Griswald's???

Not only do I have to deal with hubby's aunts "Family Christmas Pageant" but I have to deal with the Christmas dinner of loose meat hamburger and Velveeta Shells and cheese! 

Christmas where opposites, collide!

Written By: wildcard on 12/09/12 at 3:54 pm

I've never really had Christmas anything.  Just another day in which we could be happy and care about one anoter, but trying to jazz it up with stockings, trees, and presents.

Written By: warped on 12/10/12 at 6:04 am

No Christmas crazies here. A smaller family helps.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/10/12 at 10:59 am

My sisters do a lot of decorating. One sister & her significant other has SEVEN trees!!!!!  :o :o :o :o  None of them are real but each tree has a theme. Of course they live in a house that they can have 7 trees.

Side note, the funny thing about the house. It was owned by my aunt & uncle and it was the house my cousins grew up in. They sold it to my sister's sig I think BEFORE he became her sig-but she hates the house. It is HUGE!!! I remember my cousins having a pool table in their bedroom!!!  :o :o :o :o

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/10/12 at 7:47 pm

My sisters do a lot of decorating. One sister & her significant other has SEVEN trees!!!!!  :o :o :o :o  None of them are real but each tree has a theme. Of course they live in a house that they can have 7 trees.

Side note, the funny thing about the house. It was owned by my aunt & uncle and it was the house my cousins grew up in. They sold it to my sister's sig I think BEFORE he became her sig-but she hates the house. It is HUGE!!! I remember my cousins having a pool table in their bedroom!!!  :o :o :o :o

Cat
I have 5 right now  :-\\ (and/but we didn't put up the 10') or house is just a traditional size.  1 Real tree (Red, Green baubles, icicles, candy canes, peppermints, bubble lights and all that shines),  6' "homemade Christmas" (all hand crafted, unique ornaments, many from the girls from school, our wedding, and etc...),  4' snowman, mittens, snow balls, and icicles,  3' silver and green shimmer and sparkle tree, and 1 white with pink/purple/blue/green colored baubles and doo dads. 

Yep, when I say I have a talent for decorating trees, I have loaded trees.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/10/12 at 11:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iTSxiT2YWQ

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/11/12 at 7:20 am

Well... luckily not as bad as that  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/11/12 at 11:10 am

What I want to know is how the camera person got into our house.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/12/12 at 8:52 pm

What I want to know is how the camera person got into our house.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat
i never knew!!!!  Lol

Check for new replies or respond here...