inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are you related to any celebrities (alive or dead) ?

Written By: holicman on 01/05/13 at 11:36 pm

I thought i would ask this question out of interest,  or have you even known celebrities (friends,friends of friends etc):

I am related to former talk show host Phil donohue by marriage and my Great grandfather was first cousins with Bing Crosby. Also in the bloodline I am related to former English soccer player Martin Peters.

Is anyone here a celebrity or related to or knows a current/former celebrity ?

Subject: Re: Are you related to any celebrities (alive or dead) ?

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/13 at 10:43 am

I have a friend who's cousins with Lindsay Wagner (bionic woman) sadly their not in good terms so I never got to meet her

I know a lot of celebrities who know me by sight and go out of their way to welcome me when they see me-
Busy Phillips
The cast of Mike & Molly
The cast of Community

And I would say I'm in the process of cultivating a friendship with Juliet Landau. At least it seems that way - she goes regularly emails me and checks in with me. She invited me to her premiere next week. I have other friends who met her at the same time I did and none of them are getting the interaction I have. We're not down and dirty secret sharing friends and if we were I'd never tell you but I'm almost certain- if she were in Santa Barbara for the day we'd hang out  :)

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/13 at 10:45 am

There is a member here who is cousins with an supporting actress on a current tv show and the funny thing is I have met her but they have never met.  But I'll let her divulge the info on her cousin.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/06/13 at 11:54 am

-My great-grandfather was one of the founders of a supermarket chain in the Schenectady, NY area.
-My grandmother & great aunt (daughters of the person above) were both published authors.
-My mother has many genealogy books in the Library of Congress.
-My step-father used to play drums from Les Brown (before he had his Band of Renown)
-My sister is a published author.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/13 at 3:00 pm

Oh yeah one of my closest friends wrote the original screenplay for free willy 4. Too bad it got rewritten during the writers strike. She got screen cred but not much else.

Written By: Howard on 01/06/13 at 3:38 pm

I am related to a cousin who was in the Tv and film business but he committed suicide a year before my brother passed away, his name was Steven Keatz.  :(

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eXc_EwBohOg/TURDDWODqxI/AAAAAAAADPw/6dDiI3Mq_P8/s1600/Keats.JPG

Written By: warped on 01/06/13 at 3:44 pm

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eXc_EwBohOg/TURDDWODqxI/AAAAAAAADPw/6dDiI3Mq_P8/s1600/Keats.JPG

I remember him. He was in many TV shows as a guest star.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 01/06/13 at 3:53 pm

Jesse James (the famous outlaw) is related to me through one of my great grandmothers on my dad's side.

My great-great grandmother's second cousin (I know, quite a stretch) was famously said to have been possessed by the spirit of her dead neighbor in the town of Watseka, IL ca. 1877. Her name was Lurancy Vennum and she was called The Watseka Wonder.

Some great (x infinity) uncle of mine, Daniel Axtell, was an ally of Oliver Cromwell and an instrumental figure in overthrowing King Charles I of England. After the Restoration, he was executed by being hanged, drawn, and quarted. Ouch!

Written By: Dagwood on 01/06/13 at 4:15 pm

My grandma told me that Pocahontas was my great (x who knows) grandmother.  I haven't seen the actual geneology but still think it is cool so I accept it. ;D

Also, one of my great (x?) uncles was one of the executioners of the first inmate executed in the state of Utah.  I don't know if it counts as famous or not.

Written By: Howard on 01/06/13 at 4:19 pm

I remember him. He was in many TV shows as a guest star.

he shot himself.  :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/13 at 6:28 pm

I am related to a cousin who was in the Tv and film business but he committed suicide a year before my brother passed away, his name was Steven Keatz.  :(

He looks very familiar Howard I'm sure I've seen him a few things.

He was in an ep if Cagney & Lacey & in Death Wish. He's done other things I've seen but that's what I remembered him from.

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/13 at 6:33 pm

My grandma told me that Pocahontas was my great (x who knows) grandmother.  I haven't seen the actual geneology but still think it is cool so I accept it. ;D

Also, one of my great (x?) uncles was one of the executioners of the first inmate executed in the state of Utah.  I don't know if it counts as famous or not.

That's awesome.  When you took Sarah to see the Disney flick did u mention it to her?

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/13 at 6:33 pm

he shot himself.  :\'(

That's too bad

Written By: Dagwood on 01/06/13 at 6:45 pm

That's awesome.  When you took Sarah to see the Disney flick did u mention it to her?

Yeah, she knows.  She also knows the Disney film isn't quite right.....hell, it isn't even close. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/06/13 at 6:59 pm

Yeah, she knows.  She also knows the Disney film isn't quite right.....hell, it isn't even close. ;D

;D

Well she's a smart kid so I'd expect no less

Written By: whistledog on 01/06/13 at 10:51 pm

Former NHL Goalie Norm Maracle is a distant relative (3rd or 4th cousin).  He played for the Detroit Red Wings from 1997-1998 and Atlanta Thrashers from 1999-2002.  I only ever met him once, which was strange considering in the off season, he lived next door, across the street and around the corner from almost all of my relatives lol

I am also distantly related to a local activist who is often in the Canadian media for creating blockades and protests on highways and CN train tracks.

Written By: Howard on 01/07/13 at 7:12 am

He looks very familiar Howard I'm sure I've seen him a few things.

He was in an ep if Cagney & Lacey & in Death Wish. He's done other things I've seen but that's what I remembered him from.

He committed suicide(shot himself) a year before my brother passed away in June of 1994. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 01/07/13 at 7:14 am

That's too bad

he would've been 67 next month.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/07/13 at 7:21 am

I was once engaged to a cousin of Michael Keaton.  I never met him, but I met his mom.

There is rumor that one of Blackbeard the pirate's names (not the most popular one) was the same last name as my maiden name.  So, I may be related somewhere along the line to him, but it would be darn near impossible to trace.

Other then that, I'm pretty dull and non[famous.

Written By: snozberries on 01/07/13 at 9:41 am

He committed suicide(shot himself) a year before my brother passed away in June of 1994. :\'(

I know...you posted that in a previous post.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/07/13 at 11:41 am

My cousin is a lawyer out in L.A. and some of his clients include Vanna White & Stuart Margolin. (I'm sure everyone knows Stuart by face but not by name.)

http://img2.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/q/z/qzer2gakxwu4reg4.jpg

Stuart was at their wedding-but I wasn't. Can't remember why we didn't make it out there for it. They didn't invite Vanna because they didn't want her to "upstage the bride."  ::)  Apparently, it was a bit of star-studded affair.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/07/13 at 1:10 pm

My cousin is a lawyer out in L.A. and some of his clients include Vanna White & Stuart Margolin. (I'm sure everyone knows Stuart by face but not by name.)

Stuart was at their wedding-but I wasn't. Can't remember why we didn't make it out there for it. They didn't invite Vanna because they didn't want her to "upstage the bride."  ::)  Apparently, it was a bit of star-studded affair.

Cat

that's cool... and yeah he totally looks familar

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/07/13 at 4:17 pm

Well, I'm not related to any celebrities. Haven't even met any.

Written By: valleyroads on 01/18/13 at 11:45 pm

Distantly to Aja Volkman of Nico Vega.

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/13 at 1:15 pm

One of my closest friends is a cousin of Delroy Lindo.

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/13 at 1:24 pm

So I was invited to the premiere of this short film Juliet (Landau) produced/directed. My friends and were VIP guests. We got prime seats. We got to meet the make up artist the film was about (Kazuhiro Tsuji). Then Juliet invited us to dinner with her.

Her husband Dev came over and told Juliet doesn't think of us as fans but friends. We're invited to her b-day party in March.  :)

It's surreal for me cuz she was on Buffy... Her dad is Martin landau. But she calls me a friend. I'm filled with glee.

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/13 at 1:27 pm

I also am friends with a former child actress who starred in the movie that's #1 on my list of fav films. Imitation of Life. She played young Sarah Jane. We met via eBay then reconnected via Facebook. She's nesting and has no kids so she recently sent me her scrapbook with all her acting memorabilia. Some awesome clips from 1959 on my favorite film.  I heart her!!!

Written By: meesa on 01/21/13 at 3:17 pm

So I was invited to the premiere of this short film Juliet (Landau) produced/directed. My friends and were VIP guests. We got prime seats. We got to meet the make up artist the film was about (Kazuhiro Tsuji). Then Juliet invited us to dinner with her.

Her husband Dev came over and told Juliet doesn't think of us as fans but friends. We're invited to her b-day party in March.  :)

It's surreal for me cuz she was on Buffy... Her dad is Martin landau. But she calls me a friend. I'm filled with glee.

Oh my Blog, you are friends with DRU!!! How AWESOME is that???

Modified to spell friends correctly, I was so excited when I typed, LOL>

Written By: snozberries on 01/21/13 at 6:36 pm

Oh my Blog, you are friends with DRU!!! How AWESOME is that???

Modified to spell friends correctly, I was so excited when I typed, LOL>

You don't even know. It's so freaking surreal. Everytime I get an email from her I do a geeky dance!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...