inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How y'all doin' this Feblueberry?

Written By: Henk on 02/01/13 at 2:38 am

Yup. January's come and gone... It's February 1 today. Any news? This is the place to share it.

Subject: Re: How y'all doin' this Feblueberry?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/01/13 at 4:08 am

"White Rabbit"

Written By: warped on 02/01/13 at 7:04 am

The little town of Punxsutawney gets famous tomorrow.

Written By: Howard on 02/01/13 at 7:07 am

It sure felt like Spring just the other day.

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/01/13 at 7:34 am

Final month and a half of Winter, which I am hoping will not take as long to go by as January did. January 2013 was probably the longest month ever!

Written By: meesa on 02/01/13 at 8:25 am

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m970tt16QZ1rz6ecco1_500.jpg

Written By: nally on 02/01/13 at 11:08 am

Let's see...I have special plans for the 12th (Mardi Gras) and possibly the 14th...

Written By: valleyroads on 02/01/13 at 12:44 pm

January, which has been a stressful and hectic month, is over. I still have to get some things like record storage, a new needle for my turntable, a new mattress (mine is a 40-year-old hand-me-down in bad shape) and more shelves squared away before I bring the last of my things over, I need to buy groceries tonight, and need to do laundry tomorrow.

I won't be watching the Super Bowl, most likely some kind of true-life TV marathon like American Pickers, Animal Cops, Hoarders, Supernanny or Forensic Files, but will be making a smorgasbord of snacks for one.

Written By: snozberries on 02/01/13 at 1:58 pm

Stupid car needs $1250 worth of work  >:(
I just found out i won $50 in the lottery...only 1200 to go  :-\\

I got free tickets to see Amy Adams at the Santa Barbara int'l Film Festival. Managed to get her autograph!
(That happened last night so technically it should go in January's thread but what the hell I'm too tired to find it.

I walked 3.5 miles (uphill) carrying 16lbs in groceries... Only took an hour. 

Written By: Bobby on 02/01/13 at 6:01 pm

I love the film Groundhog Day. "Am I right or am I right?"

I am doing fine this Feblueberry, lol. I have had a nice relaxing week off from work visiting my little sister Jade and my niece Star. I bought Jade a bottle of Bell's Whiskey and I played Wii bowling with Star. She beat me without effort, haha. I think I dislocated my arm as a result too...

My Xbox360 broke Tuesday night which was a complete tragedy. I was 'umming and ahhhing' about whether to replace it because the next generation computer consoles are on their way Christmas. I decided to buy a pre-owned slim-line one the following day instead. I got stuck into a bit of Burnout Paradise. An old game that still has replay value.

Last night I went out for a meal with my mom and her husband. He paid for me to have an ultimate grill, pints of lager and a vanilla baked cheesecake so I was definitely in my element though was completely stuffed by the time I had finished.

All in all, great week and to cap it all off I have another week off from work booked in about 3 weeks time. Classness.  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/01/13 at 6:16 pm

If I was at home today, I would watching "Groundhog Day" on DVD.

Written By: wildcard on 02/01/13 at 7:38 pm

In all this crazy eye soreness and stuff I think I'm figuring out how to not get headaches and stuff, you're probly going to see some more necklace pictures that are hopefully less fuzzy in the future and maybe some poppy pictures if I can grow them by seed in my garden.

Written By: Howard on 02/01/13 at 8:01 pm

Final month and a half of Winter, which I am hoping will not take as long to go by as January did. January 2013 was probably the longest month ever!

February should go fast it has 28 days and in a leap year, 29.

Written By: Howard on 02/01/13 at 8:03 pm

My Xbox360 broke Tuesday night which was a complete tragedy. I was 'umming and ahhhing' about whether to replace it because the next generation computer consoles are on their way Christmas. I decided to buy a pre-owned slim-line one the following day instead. I got stuck into a bit of Burnout Paradise. An old game that still has replay value

Bob why don't you get a PS3 instead?

Written By: Bobby on 02/01/13 at 8:27 pm

In all this crazy eye soreness and stuff I think I'm figuring out how to not get headaches and stuff, you're probly going to see some more necklace pictures that are hopefully less fuzzy in the future and maybe some poppy pictures if I can grow them by seed in my garden.

I hope you feel better soon, wildcard. Do you have eye-strain? That often leads to headaches.

Bob why don't you get a PS3 instead?

I had both Xbox360 and PS3 at one point but just didn't get on with the PS3. Despite it's included blu-ray drive it just didn't have that sense of personality the Xbox360 has (I hate the achievement ranking system PS3 has for example). That's not to say I won't jump ship if the PS4 (or whatever it's going to be called) proves to be better than Xbox720 (or whatever it's going to be called). Time will tell...

Written By: nally on 02/01/13 at 11:07 pm

February should go fast it has 28 days

which it does this year (and it ALWAYS seems to go fast)

and in a leap year, 29.

which won't happen again until 2016.

Written By: nally on 02/01/13 at 11:08 pm

If I was at home today, I would watching "Groundhog Day" on DVD.

Hard to believe it's been 20 years since that film came out. I first saw it shortly after it was released to video.

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/02/13 at 6:13 am

Stupid car needs $1250 worth of work  >:(
I just found out i won $50 in the lottery...only 1200 to go  :-\\

I got free tickets to see Amy Adams at the Santa Barbara int'l Film Festival. Managed to get her autograph!
(That happened last night so technically it should go in January's thread but what the hell I'm too tired to find it.

I walked 3.5 miles (uphill) carrying 16lbs in groceries... Only took an hour.
sorry to hear about the car!  Mine also seemed to act up (didn't like the 25 below 0 weather).  Not starting...  Put the battery on the tester, looks good, checked the cars charging system, seems to be doing it's job!  Could be something with the anti-theft device and remote start....  Uuuuuggggggg

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/02/13 at 6:24 am

I am in week 2 of this blasted rash!  I don't know how I will make it through if it last 4-12 weeks (possibly more). 

I cannot sleep a full night, I like to bundle up in blankets and when I get warm it starts tingling, stinging and itching.  Then I wake up and I eventually have to go slather my body with camphor to cool it down, in order to stop the itching, but happens to be a little "stimulating" to the skin and mind and hard to fall asleep due to the chilling affect.

I feel (and look) like a leper, with thousands of red itchy bumps on neck, scalp, body, back and now completely down arms and legs.  Try to keep them covered (but again the warm thing makes them flare up). 

Anything physical I do makes them flare up.  Including grocery shopping, or shopping in general, laundry, vacuuming.  Ugggg

My psyche is at an all time low....

Written By: Howard on 02/02/13 at 7:04 am

had both Xbox360 and PS3 at one point but just didn't get on with the PS3. Despite it's included blu-ray drive it just didn't have that sense of personality the Xbox360 has (I hate the achievement ranking system PS3 has for example).

I like my PS3 because you can watch free movies and tv shows and download some free games too.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/13 at 7:09 am

I am in week 2 of this blasted rash!  I don't know how I will make it through if it last 4-12 weeks (possibly more). 

I cannot sleep a full night, I like to bundle up in blankets and when I get warm it starts tingling, stinging and itching.  Then I wake up and I eventually have to go slather my body with camphor to cool it down, in order to stop the itching, but happens to be a little "stimulating" to the skin and mind and hard to fall asleep due to the chilling affect.

I feel (and look) like a leper, with thousands of red itchy bumps on neck, scalp, body, back and now completely down arms and legs.  Try to keep them covered (but again the warm thing makes them flare up). 

Anything physical I do makes them flare up.  Including grocery shopping, or shopping in general, laundry, vacuuming.  Ugggg

I don't know if it could help or not but have you looked into acupuncture?

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 02/02/13 at 7:25 am

That sounds awful 2Kidsami, do you have some kind of allergy to something? I hope it clears up soon.

I like my PS3 because you can watch free movies and tv shows and download some free games too.

Yeah, you can do that on the Xbox360 too. I think PS3 is the better machine in some respects but I don't think it's been capitalised on. The menu screen is horrendous to navigate too.

Written By: warped on 02/02/13 at 8:52 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyBSrBqogPY

Written By: warped on 02/02/13 at 8:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyBSrBqogPY

Written By: snozberries on 02/02/13 at 9:51 am

sorry to hear about the car!  Mine also seemed to act up (didn't like the 25 below 0 weather).  Not starting...  Put the battery on the tester, looks good, checked the cars charging system, seems to be doing it's job!  Could be something with the anti-theft device and remote start....  Uuuuuggggggg

Thanks. Good luck with it.
Mine stalled on me at a stop sign took some creativity to get it started again. Valves, spark plugs, tramsmission something + brake pads and general maint. Ugh is right

Written By: snozberries on 02/02/13 at 9:52 am

You can do that on the Xbox 360 as well howard

Written By: snozberries on 02/02/13 at 9:53 am

Sux....did I find a nearby tanning bed? If not it may be worth the long drive if it'll help.

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/02/13 at 2:13 pm

That sounds awful 2Kidsami, do you have some kind of allergy to something? I hope it clears up soon.

Thanks Bobby. 

Yes I am allergic to everything, which is why I do not change anything (same laundry soap since childhood), no lotions, no soaps...  Etc.  (and i have already used antihistamines, claritin, zyrtec, allegra, and benadryl) This is not an allergy, unfortunately, contact dermatitis would present itself differently.  I had a herald  rash showed up.  It is 100% pityriasis rosea.  No hope, they really don't even know what causes it. 

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/02/13 at 2:18 pm

I don't know if it could help or not but have you looked into acupuncture?

Cat
I haven't ever considered it, don't even know of anywhere that offers it.  I am allergic to soo much, I really don't venture out of my charts and those familiar with my issues.  None of the blogs, I have been reading so much on this, has mentioned it. 

The only thing that has been mentioned is uv treatment.  So tanning bed may be my option!

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/02/13 at 2:22 pm

Sux....did I find a nearby tanning bed? If not it may be worth the long drive if it'll help.
yes there are still a couple in beauty salons around here. 

I guess I am having trouble with my "leper" psyche..  Who wants someone with a rash over 2/3 of their body in a tanning bed???  I know they are cleaned, and what I have is not contagious. It is mental now.

Written By: nally on 02/02/13 at 2:27 pm

I haven't ever considered it, don't even know of anywhere that offers it.  I am allergic to soo much, I really don't venture out of my charts and those familiar with my issues.  None of the blogs, I have been reading so much on this, has mentioned it. 

The only thing that has been mentioned is uv treatment.  So tanning bed may be my option!

sorry to hear this... sending well wishes your way

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/02/13 at 3:27 pm

sorry to hear this... sending well wishes your way
thanks nally

Written By: Bobby on 02/02/13 at 4:59 pm

Thanks Bobby. 

Yes I am allergic to everything, which is why I do not change anything (same laundry soap since childhood), no lotions, no soaps...  Etc.  (and i have already used antihistamines, claritin, zyrtec, allegra, and benadryl) This is not an allergy, unfortunately, contact dermatitis would present itself differently.  I had a herald  rash showed up.  It is 100% pityriasis rosea.  No hope, they really don't even know what causes it.

I've just been doing a bit of research on pityriasis rosea (if you can call looking at Wikipedia research  ;D) and it's really strange. No real underlying cause (though suggesting the outbreak shows an appearance of a virus), does your head in for about 6 weeks, no treatment is required and then goes away like nothing has happened...

Wikipedia says direct sunlight helps the lesions resolve more quickly.

It reminds me of my friend's Bells Palsy. I don't get it.  ???

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/02/13 at 7:27 pm

I've just been doing a bit of research on pityriasis rosea (if you can call looking at Wikipedia research  ;D) and it's really strange. No real underlying cause (though suggesting the outbreak shows an appearance of a virus), does your head in for about 6 weeks, no treatment is required and then goes away like nothing has happened...

Wikipedia says direct sunlight helps the lesions resolve more quickly.

It reminds me of my friend's Bells Palsy. I don't get it.  ???
yes I had the flu virus and pneumonia about 3 weeks ago, I was on antibiotics while I broke out with the herald patch ( which I just thought initially was clothing rubbing).  Now this blasted, horrid rash ( and luckily for me it itches bad 24/7).  And yes the sun, unfortunately it is Feb. in Iowa and it is 15 degrees Fahrenheit out.  :(

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/02/13 at 8:02 pm

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhh

Dad and youngest daughter headed to emergency room.....  She came down from playing upstairs with her eye almost completely swelled shut!  She said she just thought she had something in it.  I couldn't find anything, even though I wanted to take her to e.r. Then I contained it and went to my first aid roots,  gave her some benedryl (in the case it was an allergy, like I am allergic to the cat and if I rub my eyes after petting him) and laid her down with an ice pack.  She has been down since at least 5 and it is no better. 

Really can this month get much worse, I didn't go with because of this blasted leprosy don't think I want a staph infection on top of it....    :\'(

Written By: Howard on 02/02/13 at 8:02 pm

feel better.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/13 at 8:04 pm

You can do that on the Xbox 360 as well howard

I know that!  ::)

Written By: Howard on 02/02/13 at 8:06 pm

Dad and youngest daughter headed to emergency room.....  She came down from playing upstairs with her eye almost completely swelled shut!  She said she just thought she had something in it.  I couldn't find anything, even though I wanted to take her to e.r. Then I contained it and went to my first aid roots,  gave her some benedryl (in the case it was an allergy, like I am allergic to the cat and if I rub my eyes after petting him) and laid her down with an ice pack.  She has been down since at least 5 and it is no better. 

Really can this month get much worse, I didn't go with because of this blasted leprosy don't think I want a staph infection on top of it....    :\'(

hope things get better Sami.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/02/13 at 8:56 pm

How scary.  I hope it turns out to be something little and easy to deal with. 

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/02/13 at 8:58 pm

feel better.
thanks  8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/02/13 at 9:05 pm

I am sure it is, fingers crossed. Thank you!  But no dr. till Monday, is my worry (and reason for ER).  I just am a nervous nelly because I am not with her!  Through it all I have always been there, I am sure dad can handle this (and I sent him with a note on what I gave her, how much and when).  I told her what hey would do, put drops in her eye, and use the opthomolgic dye paper to turn her eye orange (but it will look green as she looks through it) to see if there are any holes/tears.  She will blow her nose and she will get orange stuff out as well.  I hate ER!  It is not somewhere we frequent.  But I don't want to mess with her eyes either! 

Hubby did not think it was a wise decision for me to go :-\\. I hope that was the right decision. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/03/13 at 1:44 am

Hope she's okay Sami

Written By: NullandVoid on 02/03/13 at 1:54 am

On day three of my newest bout of unemployment. My sleep schedule is all messed up and I've been watching the most random things on TV. I watched "Catfish" on MTV for crying out loud!

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/03/13 at 3:06 am

Is it the 3rd yet?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4e02c9abfdb621ec9e54614c805660e0/tumblr_mfaw6k3Q821r43l79o1_500.gif

Did we make it out?

Written By: warped on 02/03/13 at 6:49 am

That's just awful. Try your best and hang in there. You did the right thing going to emerg.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/03/13 at 7:31 am

((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) *gently so I don't hurt your skin.

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/03/13 at 10:47 am

hope things get better Sami.

That's just awful. Try your best and hang in there. You did the right thing going to emerg.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) *gently so I don't hurt your skin.

Cat

Hope she's okay Sami
Thank you all!

She is alright!  Eye is still swollen today and pink.  She has conjunctivitis, but not pink eye (unless it gets goopy, off goopy we have to go back to treat bacteria).  Bear with me I am going off of what hubby said.  Right now it seems to be a virus, gotta love viruses right now).  They asked if we had a virus going through the house right now...  :-\\ :-\\. They didn't think my skin car was anything close to being it....

Since Jan 1, we have had mouth sores with eldest daughter....  They told us to keep her home and rest entire weekend (which we did).  I had virus that led to pneumonia...  Then my skin, and now youngest a eyes!  Good news is no one has puked Q (knock on wood). 

I feel like I need to Open all windows (15 degrees Fahrenheit out right now), Lysol and bleach all surfaces and wash all linens.....  Ugggggg. Can someone come and sterilize my home (and the school, because we are bringing them home from somewhere). Uuuuuuuuuggggghhhhhhhh

Written By: snozberries on 02/03/13 at 11:03 am

U read my mind Sam  ;D i....sorry for all you guys are going thru.  :-\\

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/03/13 at 11:13 am

U read my mind Sam  ;D i....sorry for all you guys are going thru.  :-\\
i figured..,.  Sorry I can't repeat karma action ;)

Written By: wildcard on 02/03/13 at 12:21 pm

no worse then usual.  Like I think I've said I'm looking up plants for my garden and still trying to put together good combinations of beads.  I got a camp application and will be probably going.  It's a camp for people who had gotten brain tumors that my mom just visited for a day last time.

Written By: Howard on 02/03/13 at 1:36 pm

She is alright!  Eye is still swollen today and pink.  She has conjunctivitis, but not pink eye (unless it gets goopy, off goopy we have to go back to treat bacteria)

How do you treat conjunctivitus?  ???

Written By: Bobby on 02/03/13 at 5:58 pm

yes I had the flu virus and pneumonia about 3 weeks ago, I was on antibiotics while I broke out with the herald patch ( which I just thought initially was clothing rubbing).  Now this blasted, horrid rash ( and luckily for me it itches bad 24/7).  And yes the sun, unfortunately it is Feb. in Iowa and it is 15 degrees Fahrenheit out.  :(

Yes, it is quite unfortunate that the sun isn't at it's best right now.

I hope your rash issues and the conjunctivitis problems get resolved soon.  :)

In contrast, I have had a great day today. I spent it helping my friends build a model railway scene by sticking 'paving stone' stickers and 'green bush' like material to his table. I am not particular a craft type person so thought I did pretty well for a first time effort. I had a wonderful meal with them even though a jacket potato landed in my lasagna, lol. A friend who politely passed it to me from the other end of the table accidentally dropped it and the sauce splattered all over my shirt. He was very apologetic but accidents do happen...and it wasn't an expensive shirt, lol.

Written By: nally on 02/05/13 at 4:08 pm

Yesterday and today I did more volunteer work at the library. I told my interim supervisor today that I'd be willing to do some "new" things there, and learn new skills, and she said that next week she'll see about arranging a project for me...something out of the ordinary.

Written By: Bobby on 02/05/13 at 5:01 pm

Yesterday and today I did more volunteer work at the library. I told my interim supervisor today that I'd be willing to do some "new" things there, and learn new skills, and she said that next week she'll see about arranging a project for me...something out of the ordinary.

Sounds very exciting, Jeff. All the best with the new venture. :)

I have had a relaxing day at work but I get the feeling things are going to get rocky in the house. I live with four other housemates and one of my female housemates wrote a note saying she isn't doing her part of the cleaning rota because somebody didn't do their's previously. We all get on pretty well in the house but cleaning is a major bone of contention within. I tried and tried to get them all to see that desertion would happen if they didn't listen to me. It was even more annoying because the person writing the letter regularly contributes to the mess she is talking about.

I was convinced I was being bossy, draconian or even dictatorial at one point regarding telling people to do their part. I hated doing it but I knew that was part of being in the 'management position' I was put in, in the house. No one else wanted to take that role. I relaxed my stance on everything as a result. As a result of this turn of events, I realise all I was doing was trying to get an understanding out of everyone in the house to benefit themselves. I can never understand why some people don't learn until a situation comes to the boil.

It is late now and everybody is in bed so I thought I would write a letter to her of my own...

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/06/13 at 3:38 pm

Well, briefly here's how my day went. I had to do so many things today! First, I went to renew my state ID, which I had not done since 2001. I had the same ID for 12 years, but I really didn't think about it until recently. It was pretty hectic because there were so many people getting their IDs today and it took a while. So, eventually I got that over with and I should be getting my new ID in the mail very soon. After that I went to look at some cars that were for sale(not for me, but for someone else)...didn't find anything though. Most of them were either in fair condition or they had too much mileage...not good at all. So we are still looking. Then I went to go do some shopping...and that was it! Hoping to just spend some "me" time later on after a long busy day.

Written By: Bobby on 02/06/13 at 4:21 pm

Well, briefly here's how my day went. I had to do so many things today! First, I went to renew my state ID, which I had not done since 2001. I had the same ID for 12 years, but I really didn't think about it until recently. It was pretty hectic because there were so many people getting their IDs today and it took a while. So, eventually I got that over with and I should be getting my new ID in the mail very soon. After that I went to look at some cars that were for sale(not for me, but for someone else)...didn't find anything though. Most of them were either in fair condition or they had too much mileage...not good at all. So we are still looking. Then I went to go do some shopping...and that was it! Hoping to just spend some "me" time later on after a long busy day.

What is a 'state ID'?

Good luck with the car search.  :)

Written By: nally on 02/06/13 at 4:44 pm

What is a 'state ID'?

I'm thinking it might be the identification card for whatever U.S. state you live in (which for me is California). A driver's license is one form of this; it enables you to legally operate a motor vehicle.

Written By: Bobby on 02/06/13 at 5:09 pm

I'm thinking it might be the identification card for whatever U.S. state you live in (which for me is California). A driver's license is one form of this; it enables you to legally operate a motor vehicle.

So are there 50 different ID cards for 50 states to identify the state you were born in (probably not the right term to use  ;D) or is the term 'state ID' a general term for any type of ID used to prove who you are?

Written By: snozberries on 02/06/13 at 5:17 pm

not "might be".... that's exactly what it is...  a state ID is just a state identification card  a state driver's license allows a party to operate a motor vehicle in the United States and also functions as a state ID.

So are there 50 different ID cards for 50 states to identify the state you were born in (probably not the right term to use  ;D ) or is the term 'state ID' a general term for any type of ID used to prove who you are?

each state in the US has it's own version of a State ID.  A person obtains an ID card (or driver's lic) for the state they live in.    Some people get state id's for their kids but typically people wait until they are in their teens and just get a driver's lic.  Your state id is a valid form of Identification in all 50 states but,  if  move to a new state, you're required to get a new ID for that state...

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/06/13 at 5:19 pm

What is a 'state ID'?

Lol, I keep forgetting that not everyone is from Rhode Island. ;D Apologies for that. We call it a state ID because it is only valid in this state. It's an identification card. If I were to ever move to another place I would probably have to change it again.

Written By: snozberries on 02/06/13 at 5:24 pm

Lol, I keep forgetting that not everyone is from Rhode Island. ;D Apologies for that. We call it a state ID because it is only valid in this state. It's an identification card. If I were to ever move to another place I would probably have to change it again.

Ha I was adding to my post as you wrote this... if you moved you would have to get a new id for that state but your Rhode Island ID is a valid form of identification if you travel outside of the state. 

Written By: nally on 02/06/13 at 5:29 pm

not "might be".... that's exactly what it is...  a state ID is just a state identification card  a state driver's license allows a party to operate a motor vehicle in the United States and also functions as a state ID.

So I was right...

each state in the US has it's own version of a State ID.  A person obtains an ID card (or driver's lic) for the state they live in.    Some people get state id's for their kids but typically people wait until they are in their teens and just get a driver's lic.  Your state id is a valid form of Identification in all 50 states but,  if  move to a new state, you're required to get a new ID for that state...

Makes perfect sense.

Written By: Bobby on 02/06/13 at 5:32 pm

I see. So the ID card is based on residence not where you were born? Intriguing. Over here in England, we have a National Insurance Number. This is a pay number we receive to get money from either benefits like Jobseeker's Allowance (UK version of welfare I think) or via employment. It also plays a role in our compulsory National Insurance 'Contributions' that go towards the running of the National Health Service (NHS). The National Insurance Number can be used to prove a person's identity but is usually not strong enough to be presented on it's own merit and is usually requested along with another piece of ID like a passport.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/06/13 at 6:06 pm

I'm going to post the first 2 pages of my novel in about 2 weeks or sooner, and you can all critique my writing. The premise of the story is a male actor's career going down the drain. Be honest/objective, but mature. No 'You stink' kind of comments.  ;D

-Peace-

Written By: Bobby on 02/06/13 at 6:20 pm

I'm going to post the first 2 pages of my novel in about 2 weeks or sooner, and you can all critique my writing. The premise of the story is a male actor's career going down the drain. Be honest/objective, but mature. No 'You stink' kind of comments.  ;D

-Peace-

Interesting. I would like to take a look at that when you put it on Inthe00s, 80sfan. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 02/06/13 at 6:26 pm

Interesting. I would like to take a look at that when you put it on Inthe00s, 80sfan. :)

Oh I have to give you a karma now. That gave my self esteem a nice boost!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 02/06/13 at 6:48 pm

Oh I have to give you a karma now. That gave my self esteem a nice boost!  ;D

No worries, lad. I love creative writing myself so it's good to see how other imaginitive minds work and how they structure their stories.  :)

Written By: Howard on 02/06/13 at 8:09 pm

sounds like your day was filled with excitement.

Written By: Howard on 02/06/13 at 8:11 pm

There's also a Non-Drivers ID.

Written By: nally on 02/06/13 at 10:09 pm

There's also a Non-Drivers ID.

...which I had until I finally got my driver's license.

Written By: nally on 02/06/13 at 10:10 pm

-Peace-

oh, that sounds like it would be interesting. Can't wait to see it. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 02/06/13 at 11:00 pm

oh, that sounds like it would be interesting. Can't wait to see it. :)

:D

Written By: snozberries on 02/06/13 at 11:05 pm

:D

Personally I think it's cruel to make us wait two weeks  :P

Written By: 80sfan on 02/07/13 at 12:45 am

Personally I think it's cruel to make us wait two weeks  :P

Aw Snoz, that's so sweet.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/07/13 at 7:42 am

The weather looks like there might be a small blizzard Friday Night into Saturday afternoon and could dump 4-8 (maybe even a foot) of snow.

Written By: warped on 02/07/13 at 8:06 am

Yesterday I spent a good evening with my godson.
Today we are leaving the house in a few minutes coz our floors are getting stripped and waxed.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/07/13 at 9:57 am

The weather looks like there might be a small blizzard Friday Night into Saturday afternoon and could dump 4-8 (maybe even a foot) of snow.

That sucks. Depends on if you like snow.

Written By: Howard on 02/07/13 at 1:05 pm

That sucks. Depends on if you like snow.

I'm not crazy about, I like it when it's just a dusting to an inch.

Written By: warped on 02/07/13 at 1:27 pm

Yesterday I spent a good evening with my godson.
Today we are leaving the house in a few minutes coz our floors are getting stripped and waxed.

Floors do shine now.  :)

Ooh, and we are getting 8 inches of snow tonight/tomorrow.

Written By: Bobby on 02/07/13 at 5:11 pm

Floors do shine now.  :)

Very good, Warped. How often would you get that done? I usually have carpet everywhere I go.

Great stuff with the snow too. I really love snow but rarely get it where I live.

Written By: warped on 02/07/13 at 6:09 pm

Very good, Warped. How often would you get that done? I usually have carpet everywhere I go.

I'd get it done, once every 5 to 10 years. Not often.

Great stuff with the snow too. I really love snow but rarely get it where I live.

Please take ours.  I don't want it.  ;)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/07/13 at 6:17 pm

Probably gonna lose my job in 11 days.

Oh well, I don't really like it anyway.  :P

Written By: warped on 02/07/13 at 6:18 pm

Why the loss of Job?

Written By: snozberries on 02/07/13 at 6:19 pm

that sucks tho Al...sorry

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/07/13 at 6:30 pm

Why the loss of Job?

Basically I work for an outside contractor and the rumor is that we're going to lose the contract on the 18th.  My boss is a decent guy and he's been pressing the higher-ups for answers but they keep shilly-shallying and dancing around the issue and they won't give him a straight answer, so that probably means that it's true.

But I'm not all that bothered by it because a) I'm pretty confident I can find another job in my line of work by then and b) TBH this is far-and-away the most boring-f*ck job I've ever had in my life, so much so that it's actually been boring me to the point of moderate-to-occasionally-major depression and so I really need to get the hell out of there anyway.

that sucks tho Al...sorry

Thanks.  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/07/13 at 6:36 pm

bad news, even though you don't like it, it's a pycheck. will you be able to draw unemployment until the next gig?

Written By: Bobby on 02/07/13 at 7:00 pm

Basically I work for an outside contractor and the rumor is that we're going to lose the contract on the 18th.  My boss is a decent guy and he's been pressing the higher-ups for answers but they keep shilly-shallying and dancing around the issue and they won't give him a straight answer, so that probably means that it's true.

But I'm not all that bothered by it because a) I'm pretty confident I can find another job in my line of work by then and b) TBH this is far-and-away the most boring-f*ck job I've ever had in my life, so much so that it's actually been boring me to the point of moderate-to-occasionally-major depression and so I really need to get the hell out of there anyway.

Thanks.  :)

I'm really sorry to read this, Al, but it seems like it may be for the best. If a job is making you feel depressed, it's definitely a sign that it's time to move on.

A change is as good as a rest as the old cliche goes and it will draw you out of your comfort zone.

Best of luck.  :)

Written By: warped on 02/07/13 at 7:44 pm

I've been busier on facebook today that I have ever been in my life.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 02/07/13 at 9:00 pm

I've been busier on facebook today that I have ever been in my life.  ;)

That's cuz we're awesome!

Written By: Howard on 02/08/13 at 7:19 am

New York might get close to a foot.  :o

Written By: Howard on 02/08/13 at 7:20 am

Where are you gonna go from here? ???

Written By: warped on 02/08/13 at 7:28 am

New York might get close to a foot.  :o

This is what it looks like now with another 6 inches to come.

Written By: Bobby on 02/08/13 at 7:29 am

Nice! I love snow...

Written By: Howard on 02/08/13 at 7:44 am

holy smokes!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/08/13 at 8:10 am

80 degrees and not a snowflake in sight.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, I'm rubbing it in. But to be fair, I'm worried about my kitties.  :-\\  I hope my kittysitter can get to them.

Cat

Written By: meesa on 02/08/13 at 8:37 am

Everyone in the path of this snow storm, be careful, bundle up and take care!

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/08/13 at 8:40 am

Thanks. We're supposed to get over a foot of snow and blizzard like conditions! It has already begun to snow now.

Written By: Henk on 02/08/13 at 8:53 am

Yeah, I'm rubbing it in. But to be fair, I'm worried about my kitties.  :-\\  I hope my kittysitter can get to them.

Cat

Looks like Vermont is pretty safe...for now.

MTA: Only 6 to 12 inches of snow expected...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/08/13 at 9:03 am

Looks like Vermont is pretty safe...for now.

MTA: Only 6 to 12 inches of snow expected...

My kittysitter is a smart dude. He knows if there is a chance he can't make it, he will go beforehand to make sure they have plenty of food & such for a few days until he can get there.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 02/08/13 at 9:13 am

My kittysitter is a smart dude. He knows if there is a chance he can't make it, he will go beforehand to make sure they have plenty of food & such for a few days until he can get there.

Cat

Smart dude, indeed.

I've had a closer look at the local forecast, and there's a forecast of 3-5 inches of snow today, with 1 or 2 more inches tomorrow. Could be worse.

Written By: warped on 02/08/13 at 9:29 am

holy smokes!

Yeah, they closed University of Toronto, York U, U of Waterloo, pretty much all the high schools and elementary schools. My godson is arranging a snowball fight (thru facebook) at 3pm on campus grounds  :D

Written By: nally on 02/08/13 at 12:02 pm

Cat

The same over here, weatherwise, although it's cooler than that. Also there was supposed to be rain in the forecast, but so far there has been none yet.

And on the subject of snow, I had my first (and only real) experience of California snow on this date 24 years ago. As I recall, it was pretty cold in the L.A. area that week.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/08/13 at 12:49 pm

They called work at 11am, everyone gets to go home before the snow hits the fan.  :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/08/13 at 4:59 pm

I was supposed to work the 4 to midnight shift this weekend (meaning I could still go out and do something after I got off work), but instead they got me working from 6 pm to 6 am from now until Sunday.

God I hate this stupid job.  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 02/08/13 at 5:16 pm

Was supposed to meet up with a dear old friend (I haven't seen in two years) and with the person who puts me up during paleyfest (they were college roommates & haven't seen each other in about 10yrs). But the one I haven't seen canceled. Paleyfest is next month so I told Michelle I'd just see her then.

Hopefully my friend Denise will find time to squeeze us in some day)  or next time I'm in the Bay Area ill see her then.

Written By: warped on 02/08/13 at 5:56 pm

Yeah, they closed University of Toronto, York U, U of Waterloo, pretty much all the high schools and elementary schools. My godson is arranging a snowball fight (thru facebook) at 3pm on campus grounds  :D

The snowball fight.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/08/13 at 6:34 pm

The snowball fight.

Looks like fun.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/08/13 at 8:20 pm

Nice! I love snow...

I hate shoveling!

Written By: Howard on 02/08/13 at 8:22 pm

looks like 5 inches of snow, this afternoon we got slush and ice pellets.

Written By: Howard on 02/08/13 at 8:23 pm

Thanks. We're supposed to get over a foot of snow and blizzard like conditions! It has already begun to snow now.

Wow over a foot?  :o

Written By: Howard on 02/08/13 at 8:24 pm

They called work at 11am, everyone gets to go home before the snow hits the fan.  :)

How's the snow over there?  ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/08/13 at 8:27 pm

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2011/12/28/silence-of-the-lambs-puts-the-lotion.jpg

Written By: warped on 02/08/13 at 8:28 pm

The news said we got 29 cm on snow, which is just under 12 inches. The snow ended a few hours ago .

Written By: Howard on 02/08/13 at 8:49 pm

The news said we got 29 cm on snow, which is just under 12 inches. The snow ended a few hours ago .

try to stay safe.

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/08/13 at 10:04 pm

It hasn't stopped snowing since this afternoon and we are getting that blizzard wind now. The power has not gone out though, so I'm just thankful for that!

Written By: nally on 02/08/13 at 11:30 pm

The snowball fight.

Looks like fun.

Cat

It sure does...

Written By: Howard on 02/09/13 at 7:28 am

It hasn't stopped snowing since this afternoon and we are getting that blizzard wind now. The power has not gone out though, so I'm just thankful for that!

It stopped snowing here and we got about 10 inches.

Written By: Howard on 02/09/13 at 7:30 am

Looks like New York got about 10 inches of snow and I have to shovel later. UGH!  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/09/13 at 7:59 am

From what I can find, our little town probably got under a foot. I called my kittysitter yesterday. He had prepared for the storm like I knew he would. Kitties had plenty of food & water to get through a few days without him. He also lined up a kid to shovel for us. This guy is great-which is why I count on him so much when we go away. A wonderful friend.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 02/09/13 at 9:58 am

2feet of snow in the driveway.  We have shoveled a path to the street(about 30feet) and cleared off the car.  There is a driving ban until 4 o'clock and public transit is suspended. So we can just relax in the house for the day. 

Written By: Bobby on 02/09/13 at 10:58 am

I'm doing great. I went out go-karting on a course with my friends today. I came last in the race but my intention was not to win but to survive. Those go-karts take some getting used to.  :)

Written By: warped on 02/09/13 at 11:01 am

2feet of snow in the driveway. 

Yikes! More than double what we got. I posted 2 pics here of our snowfall.
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=32748.msg2990458#msg2990458

I'm doing great. I went out go-karting on a course with my friends today. I came last in the race but my intention was not to win but to survive. Those go-karts take some getting used to.  :)

I friggin love go-karts! It's great fun!

Written By: Bobby on 02/09/13 at 11:13 am

I friggin love go-karts! It's great fun!

I was a bit of a wimp and kept braking on the bends, lol. I got more confident as the race ended.

Written By: meesa on 02/09/13 at 11:25 am

I was a bit of a wimp and kept braking on the bends, lol. I got more confident as the race ended.

Go-carting is fun! I was scared of turns until I was told to let off the gas going into the turn and then accelerate out.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/09/13 at 11:36 am

Go-carting is fun! I was scared of turns until I was told to let off the gas going into the turn and then accelerate out.  :)

Oh, is that how you do it? I braked to slow down just before the bend and would meander around it. Nobody tells me anything... ;)

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/13 at 1:26 pm

I spent the better part of yesterday in the hospital who was awaiting news re her ill husband. (He's okay)

Today I spend the day taking care of me by doing nothing.

Written By: Howard on 02/09/13 at 2:26 pm

I spent the better part of yesterday in the hospital who was awaiting news re her ill husband. (He's okay)

glad he's ok.

Written By: wildcard on 02/09/13 at 4:56 pm

looked up plant stuff and took pictures that I need to get out of my camera.  They're ofa necklace I made, flowers I have blooming, and I tryed to get pictures of some birds that are having a blast flying from tree to tree.

Written By: Bobby on 02/09/13 at 4:57 pm

I hope it's nothing too serious, snoz, and glad he is doing okay. :)

I was in the kitchen with my Chinese housemate and his wife and we were chatting and they said they wanted to go to Dartmoor (rough rural area in the south of England) and they asked me if I have been there before. I said "Yes, I went once to bury the bodies".

They looked very concerned and I am now determined to reduce the amount of joking I do with the Chinese in future, lol.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/09/13 at 7:56 pm

Was driving Sarah to the school to help with making play scenery and saw one of her classmates get hit by a car.  Thankfully she was okay.  We were headed west waiting at a light to turn left.  The light had just turned green for us when she decided to run across the street southbound.  Her light had just turned red.  The middle and left lane of the eastbound traffic saw her and waited before they went.  The far right car didn't see her.  Thankfully he was at a dead stop so he wasn't going fast at all when he hit her.  It knocked her down.  She got up and walked to the sidewalk.  4 other cars stopped besides the one who hit her.  After all was said and done she made it to the school and was helping.  Sarah asked her and she said she was okay.  I am betting she will be sore and bruised tomorrow, though.

Me, being the mom that I am, used it as a teaching moment....or a nagging moment.  Sarah got a lecture on never crossing against the light.  She was happy to get to the school and close the door on nagging mom. :D

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/13 at 8:00 pm

Was driving Sarah to the school to help with making play scenery and saw one of her classmates get hit by a car.  Thankfully she was okay.  We were headed west waiting at a light to turn left.  The light had just turned green for us when she decided to run across the street southbound.  Her light had just turned red.  The middle and left lane of the eastbound traffic saw her and waited before they went.  The far right car didn't see her.  Thankfully he was at a dead stop so he wasn't going fast at all when he hit her.  It knocked her down.  She got up and walked to the sidewalk.  4 other cars stopped besides the one who hit her.  After all was said and done she made it to the school and was helping.  Sarah asked her and she said she was okay.  I am betting she will be sore and bruised tomorrow, though.

Me, being the mom that I am, used it as a teaching moment....or a nagging moment.  Sarah got a lecture on never crossing against the light.  She was happy to get to the school and close the door on nagging mom. :D

So glad she's okay....must be the week for it- my friends grandson got hit by a car while he was on a bike. Shattered ankle, otherwise okay...

Great teaching opportunity. She must've been shaken up seeing that so you probably didn't have to teach too hard  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/09/13 at 8:30 pm

So glad she's okay....must be the week for it- my friends grandson got hit by a car while he was on a bike. Shattered ankle, otherwise okay...

Great teaching opportunity. She must've been shaken up seeing that so you probably didn't have to teach too hard  ;)

Actually she wasn't.  She didn't realize the girl had been hit, she thought she slipped.  When I picked her up she told me "Mom, the car hit her".  Um, yeah, honey...hence my gasp and oh no.

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/13 at 9:30 pm

Actually she wasn't.  She didn't realize the girl had been hit, she thought she slipped.  When I picked her up she told me "Mom, the car hit her".  Um, yeah, honey...hence my gasp and oh no.

Well then,hopefully the lesson sunk in.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/09/13 at 9:48 pm

Well then,hopefully the lesson sunk in.

I don't think there will be an issue.  She is very rule oriented.  So much so that when I took her to a very deserted,  back road last summer and asked if she wanted to learn how to drive she wouldn't do it.  Not a big rule breaker, that kid.  When I was 14, I would have been all over it. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/13 at 11:59 pm

I don't think there will be an issue.  She is very rule oriented.  So much so that when I took her to a very deserted,  back road last summer and asked if she wanted to learn how to drive she wouldn't do it.  Not a big rule breaker, that kid.  When I was, I would have been all over it. ;D

Me too  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/10/13 at 7:10 am

hope Sarah is ok.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/13 at 7:33 am

Wow! I'm glad the girl is ok-and I'm glad you used it as a teaching moment. I sure Sarah understands.

Cat

Written By: warped on 02/10/13 at 7:34 am

That can be a troubling experience for a child ( or adult ) to witness that. It's good you were there and addressed the issue right away.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/10/13 at 9:04 am

hope Sarah is ok.

Sarah is fine, Howard.  She isn't the one who was hit. 

The girl that was hit is fine.  She is just going to have a bruise and be sore.  Thankfully the car that hit her had been at a stop so he wasn't going too fast.

Written By: Bobby on 02/10/13 at 5:45 pm

The girl that was hit is fine.  She is just going to have a bruise and be sore.  Thankfully the car that hit her had been at a stop so he wasn't going too fast.

I'm very glad things ended as safely as they could be, Dagny (or Dagney). I've forgot about to spell your name now...  :-[ :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/13 at 5:47 pm

Went to dinner with SIL. Had two REALLY potent Pina Coladas. Feeling REALLY good right now.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 02/10/13 at 5:48 pm

Went to dinner with SIL. Had two REALLY potent Pina Coladas. Feeling REALLY good right now.  ;D ;D ;D

Nice! I like Pina Coladas.  8)

Written By: nally on 02/10/13 at 5:51 pm

That's good, otherwise it probably would have had a worse impact. :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/13 at 5:52 pm

Carlos "helped" me finish the second one. lol

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 02/10/13 at 5:53 pm

Carlos "helped" me finish the second one. lol

Can Carlos hold his liquor, Cat?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/13 at 5:55 pm

Can Carlos hold his liquor, Cat?

For the most part. He drinks WAY too much-but that is another issue. Me, I'm the cheap date.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 02/10/13 at 5:59 pm

I'm very glad things ended as safely as they could be, Dagny (or Dagney). I've forgot about to spell your name now...  :-[ :)

Dagny with no 'e'.  Not that it is a big deal.  Heck, my paychecks had Dagney on them for 3 years before they noticed.  I never worried.  I figure as long as the bank takes it no worries. ;D

Written By: warped on 02/10/13 at 6:04 pm

If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain..  (now that song is in my head)

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/13 at 6:04 pm

Dagny with no 'e'.  Not that it is a big deal.  Heck, my paychecks had Dagney on them for 3 years before they noticed.  I never worried.  I figure as long as the bank takes it no worries. ;D

You're kinder than I am. I hate it when people spell Tamarra with one "r" or snozberries with two "z"s

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/13 at 6:04 pm

If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain..  (now that song is in my head)

Great now it's in mine too.

Written By: wildcard on 02/10/13 at 6:54 pm

I pulled out some grass and saw some little plants with little flowers and some with white.  I 'm going to encourage them to grow.  I said hi to the slug, high to the pincher bug, high to the earth worm, and hi to a bunch of ants.

Written By: Bobby on 02/10/13 at 7:16 pm

For the most part. He drinks WAY too much-but that is another issue. Me, I'm the cheap date.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Haha, I'm sure Carlos was happy he didn't get open-wallet surgery as a result.

That's right. If my wage slips say 'Roberta' I couldn't care less as long as that money goes directly into my bank, lol.

Ah yes, good song. Just because I can put videos up now, here is it is...  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WkR2Tv4dq4

Written By: Bobby on 02/10/13 at 7:17 pm

I pulled out some grass and saw some little plants with little flowers and some with white.  I 'm going to encourage them to grow.  I said hi to the slug, high to the pincher bug, high to the earth worm, and hi to a bunch of ants.

Haha, I'm sure they said 'hi' back, wildcard.

Good luck with the flowers.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/13 at 7:30 pm

Haha, I'm sure Carlos was happy he didn't get open-wallet surgery as a result.

That's right. If my wage slips say 'Roberta' I couldn't care less as long as that money goes directly into my bank, lol.

Ah yes, good song. Just because I can put videos up now, here is it is...  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WkR2Tv4dq4

Actually, SIL paid for dinner.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 02/10/13 at 7:52 pm

Actually, SIL paid for dinner.  ;)

SIL? What's that? S.hit inside luck instead of s.hit out of luck? Lol. You and your acronyms, Cat...  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/10/13 at 8:00 pm

Was the car at a stop or go signal? ???

Written By: Howard on 02/10/13 at 8:01 pm

Cat

He should cut down on the booze!  :D

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/10/13 at 8:03 pm

SIL? What's that? S.hit inside luck instead of s.hit out of luck? Lol. You and your acronyms, Cat...  ;D
sister-in-law SIL.  8)

Written By: Bobby on 02/10/13 at 8:06 pm

sister-in-law SIL.  8)

Oh, sister-in-law...

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

...I think I'll get my coat... :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/10/13 at 8:14 pm

Oh, sister-in-law...

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

...I think I'll get my coat... :)
no big deal....  Several acronyms get me all the time! O0

Written By: Dagwood on 02/10/13 at 9:18 pm

Was the car at a stop or go signal? ???

The car was at a stop light that had just turned green when the girl decided to cross against the light. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/13 at 6:56 am

sister-in-law SIL.  8)

Yeah, what Sami said, Sister-In-Law.

Cat

Written By: warped on 02/11/13 at 6:58 am

Yeah, what Sami said, Sister-In-Law.

Cat

Aha, I wasn't the only one who didn't know what S-I-L was.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/13 at 7:04 am

Aha, I wasn't the only one who didn't know what S-I-L was.

Hopefully EVERYONE knows it now.  ;)

I don't mean to keep people in the dark as to what I mean with these acronyms. It is just easier than typing them all out. I don't have a problem if people ask me what I mean if they don't understand. I must admit that there are some that others use that I haven't a clue as to what they mean. 

Cat

Written By: Henk on 02/11/13 at 7:26 am

I don't mean to keep people in the dark as to what I mean with these acronyms. It is just easier than typing them all out. I don't have a problem if people ask me what I mean if they don't understand. I must admit that there are some that others use that I haven't a clue as to what they mean

Cat

Do you have any examples? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/13 at 8:16 am

Do you have any examples? ???

I can't think of any off hand. Often times when I do come across one I don't know, I Google it.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/13 at 10:37 am

What a busy morning. TWO trips to two different hardware stores to buy tile for our bathroom. Both my cups of tea were interrupted. I'm now finishing my second that is cold and REALLY strong now (I leave the tea bag in it). I guess it is good because I'm very tired today. The bathroom & the back fence was supposed to be started today but the stuff for both won't be in until Thursday or Friday. But, at least the painting of the house should be finished today-I hope.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/11/13 at 3:20 pm

I don't mean to keep people in the dark as to what I mean with these acronyms. It is just easier than typing them all out. I don't have a problem if people ask me what I mean if they don't understand. I must admit that there are some that others use that I haven't a clue as to what they mean. 

Cat

I've seen you using that acronym on here before, so I know what it means. :)

Written By: nally on 02/11/13 at 3:22 pm

So I did something different in the library today: in the back room, I had to go through all the books that are currently slated for discard (they had been pulled from the shelves and deleted from the system) and make sure that they all had their barcodes crossed off, and that the inside front page was stamped with "Approved for discard" and then put them on a special shelf, where one of the library workers will then get rid of them or put them up for sale, depending on what condition they're in.

Written By: wildcard on 02/11/13 at 5:44 pm

good, I pulled some winter grass out of my garden  while waiting for my laundry to wash and dry.

Written By: nally on 02/11/13 at 6:27 pm

Tomorrow night I'm having a Mardi Gras party at my home and I'm still waiting to hear back from two or three of my invitees (including one who lives very close to me).

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/13 at 6:52 pm

It's a learning curve, Cat.  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 02/11/13 at 6:57 pm

Saturday we woke up to two feet of snow.  The front door was snowed shut but we were able to squirrel through and spent the day in and out shoveling.  We are luckier than quite a few, we never lost power, thousands did.  Schools were closed Friday and today, and will be again tomorrow while they try to clear the streets and sight walks.  It may sound horrible, but, for us, it isn't that bad at all.

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/13 at 7:36 pm

Saturday we woke up to two feet of snow.  The front door was snowed shut but we were able to squirrel through and spent the day in and out shoveling.  We are luckier than quite a few, we never lost power, thousands did.  Schools were closed Friday and today, and will be again tomorrow while they try to clear the streets and sight walks.  It may sound horrible, but, for us, it isn't that bad at all.

Dare I say it, Danoota. It sounds great. I do love snow though.  :)

Written By: Howard on 02/11/13 at 8:31 pm

Tomorrow night I'm having a Mardi Gras party at my home and I'm still waiting to hear back from two or three of my invitees (including one who lives very close to me).

enjoy your party.

Written By: Howard on 02/11/13 at 8:32 pm

New York got 10 inches of snow.

Written By: nally on 02/11/13 at 10:26 pm

enjoy your party.

Thanks. As far as I know, now two of my invitees are undecided. I hope they can come. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 02/12/13 at 2:25 am

Saturday we are leaving on our yearly grand tour.  This year we are going on the train The City of New Orleans(Amtrak), to, of course, New Orleans.  Sig has been to New Orleans, but I haven't, which is odd considering my father was from Louisiana and I have a whole lot of cousins there.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/13 at 3:20 am

It is Shrove Tuesday today, have you had your pancakes yet?

Mine contained Strawberry Jam and another pancake with Ham and Cheese.

Written By: Howard on 02/12/13 at 6:51 am

Saturday we are leaving on our yearly grand tour.  This year we are going on the train The City of New Orleans(Amtrak), to, of course, New Orleans.  Sig has been to New Orleans, but I haven't, which is odd considering my father was from Louisiana and I have a whole lot of cousins there.  :)

enjoy your day.

Written By: Howard on 02/12/13 at 6:51 am

No I had a toasted bagel

Written By: Dagwood on 02/12/13 at 7:21 am

Sounds like fun.  Have a blast. :)

Written By: warped on 02/12/13 at 7:35 am

You might be there in time for Mardi Gras? Have fun!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/12/13 at 8:01 am

Good morning, America. How are ya? Don't you know me, I'm your native son.

Cat

Written By: warped on 02/12/13 at 8:07 am

Good morning, America. How are ya? Don't you know me, I'm your native son.

Cat

Great song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvMS_ykiLiQ

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/12/13 at 3:04 pm

Just got my HAZ-MAT endorsement back. :)

Written By: wildcard on 02/12/13 at 3:14 pm

I'm going to my art class tonight, no tiring out myself with garden work today.

Written By: nally on 02/12/13 at 6:02 pm

No, but I had some on Saturday. Mine were homemade pumpkin, with walnuts.

Written By: nally on 02/12/13 at 6:03 pm

Thanks. As far as I know, now two of my invitees are undecided. I hope they can come. :)

In a little while, I will be finishing up the preparations for my Mardi Gras party, and in about a couple hours, my guests are scheduled to arrive.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/12/13 at 6:03 pm

I'm 85 percent done editing my first two pages! But have 15 pages typed of a rough draft for my book so far.

Written By: Bobby on 02/12/13 at 6:59 pm

I'm 85 percent done editing my first two pages! But have 15 pages typed of a rough draft for my book so far.

Very cool. Keep going.  8)

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/13 at 7:51 pm

In a little while, I will be finishing up the preparations for my Mardi Gras party, and in about a couple hours, my guests are scheduled to arrive.

What's on the menu?
How many guests?
Did your parents go out or are they attending to?

Sorry I know this isn't the ask nally thread but I'm a rebel  :D

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/13 at 7:52 pm

Well stop posting here and get back to it! Your future fans are waiting!!!!

;)

Written By: Howard on 02/12/13 at 7:52 pm

Just got my HAZ-MAT endorsement back. :)

congratulations.

Written By: Howard on 02/12/13 at 7:53 pm

that's wonderful. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 02/12/13 at 7:55 pm

Very cool. Keep going.  8)

Yeah. The story is on the pages, but it's rough, like some crazy person just sat down and had a bunch of unorganized thoughts! Stephen King, how do you do it? :D

Written By: warped on 02/12/13 at 7:57 pm

Yeah. The story is on the pages, but it's rough, like some crazy person just sat down and had a bunch of unorganized thoughts! Stephen King, how do you do it? :D

Keep going with it!. When I wrote a fictional story ( 125 pages) I felt the same way, a crazy person writing down a bunch of thoughts.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/12/13 at 7:58 pm

Well stop posting here and get back to it! Your future fans are waiting!!!!

;)

Needed a breather so came to this site.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 02/12/13 at 7:59 pm

that's wonderful. :)

;)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/12/13 at 8:28 pm

I think I complain about this every year but I wish they would tell congress et al to stop applauding every sentence the President says.  The speech would be so much easier to listen to and not take so dang long.

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/13 at 9:07 pm

Apparently you've ever gotten to end of a Steven king book.  :D

I've only read a couple but I always felt like he wrote like a mad man...went and dropped acid and then came back to finsh his books.  I read IT like 20 yes ago and I'm still confused about about the damn giant space turtle  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/13 at 8:15 am

Apparently you've ever gotten to end of a Steven king book.  :D

I've only read a couple but I always felt like he wrote like a mad man...went and dropped acid and then came back to finsh his books.  I read IT like 20 yes ago and I'm still confused about about the damn giant space turtle  ;D

Yup-he wrote great books but lousy endings.

Keep going with it!. When I wrote a fictional story ( 125 pages) I felt the same way, a crazy person writing down a bunch of thoughts.

Which reminds me...  :-[

As for us today, we are actually planning to go to the beach!  :o :o :o :o  That's right, the beach. We have been here for 3 weeks now and haven't been yet.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/13/13 at 10:37 am

What's on the menu?
How many guests?
Did your parents go out or are they attending to?

Sorry I know this isn't the ask nally thread but I'm a rebel  :D

Oh, no problem; I'm happy to answer it here. :) It was potluck; the guests could bring any dish they chose to. Among the food items brought were gumbo, jambalaya, veggies, fruit... and I provided a cake (which I bought at the grocery store yesterday). And five people (all women) showed up, out of seven invitees.

And yes, my parents went out for dinner...but got home at about 8pm, as we were about to start serving food. They gladly met my friends, and then headed upstairs to do their own thing. By about 9:30, everyone went home.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/13/13 at 4:42 pm

Yup-he wrote great books but lousy endings.

Which reminds me...  :-[

As for us today, we are actually planning to go to the beach!  :o :o :o :o  That's right, the beach. We have been here for 3 weeks now and haven't been yet.

Cat

Love the ending in The Stand.  Then again, that's my all time favorite book.

And, beach?  Jealous. :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/13 at 4:52 pm

Carlos & I took a walk along the beach looking for treasure. He found a sponge. I did find a starfish (almost in the same spot where I found another starfish a few years ago). We decided to turn it over to record it turning itself back over but it didn't move. We realized that it was dead. Since it was dead, I could bring it home. I picked it up and all the arms just sort of drooped. It seemed like it was falling apart in my hand. We decided not to take it home with us. But then, I smelled my hand. EEEEEWWWWWWW!!!! Stinky, stinky.  8-P 8-P 8-P I tried washing off in the water. I rubbed it on some grass that was growing and some kelp. It helped but still stunk. It wasn't until I got back until I could jump in the shower and REALLY clean off that smell. So much for finding treasure.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 02/13/13 at 5:05 pm

Carlos & I took a walk along the beach looking for treasure. He found a sponge. I did find a starfish (almost in the same spot where I found another starfish a few years ago). We decided to turn it over to record it turning itself back over but it didn't move. We realized that it was dead. Since it was dead, I could bring it home. I picked it up and all the arms just sort of drooped. It seemed like it was falling apart in my hand. We decided not to take it home with us. But then, I smelled my hand. EEEEEWWWWWWW!!!! Stinky, stinky.  8-P 8-P 8-P I tried washing off in the water. I rubbed it on some grass that was growing and some kelp. It helped but still stunk. It wasn't until I got back until I could jump in the shower and REALLY clean off that smell. So much for finding treasure.

Cat

Ewww.  Too bad, though.  Starfish are cool looking.

Written By: Tam on 02/13/13 at 5:08 pm

Contemplating applying for a job at UCLA it may pay less but I'd be in LA and away from the interal stresses of my current job.  Obviously no guarantees I'd even get hired but.....

My only fear is, this may sound dumb but it's a serious issue for me, paleyfest. I don't think any other department would let me take 3 weeks off every spring for my most favorite annual excursion.  :-\\

Turned in my application. Scared ill get the job and scared I won't  :D

Also, Effie & I walked 6 miles!

I know you had the interview on Tuesday Girl...
How did it go? How do you think you did?
Dish.
;)

Written By: Bobby on 02/13/13 at 5:10 pm

No pieces of eight, me heartie?  ;D

Oh well...At least Carlos found a sponge.

I had a driving lesson at 7:15 in the morning, lol. The strangest thing was it was a very good driving lesson (apart from a narrow miss into the side of a car next to me as I was changing lanes). There was a situation where roadworks were going on and I had to stop at a temporary traffic light. A big truck in the right lane (remember the UK drives on the left) and myself in the Ford Focus was accidentally blocking cars from coming through. Without panicking I reversed a little, despite cars being behind me, to let the cars through. A couple of months ago I would have panicked in that situation.

Yes, I did quite well. Another experience. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/13 at 5:30 pm

Ewww.  Too bad, though.  Starfish are cool looking.

Yeah, they are. Like I said, I found one pretty much in the same location a few years ago. It was buried in the sand but still pliable even though it was dead. I think it just died shortly before I got there. I bought it home with me. It is now in our bathroom in Vermont.  ;D ;D ;D

No pieces of eight, me heartie?  ;D

Oh well...At least Carlos found a sponge.

I would have LOVED to have found pieces of eight. That would have TRULY been treasure. Usually the treasure we find are shells & such. Though, when my sister & her family came down here, my nephew found Pedro's ring. We knew it was his because it had his name written in it. And it was HUGE!! Pedro much have been a big guy.

I had a driving lesson at 7:15 in the morning, lol. The strangest thing was it was a very good driving lesson (apart from a narrow miss into the side of a car next to me as I was changing lanes). There was a situation where roadworks were going on and I had to stop at a temporary traffic light. A big truck in the right lane (remember the UK drives on the left) and myself in the Ford Focus was accidentally blocking cars from coming through. Without panicking I reversed a little, despite cars being behind me, to let the cars through. A couple of months ago I would have panicked in that situation.

Yes, I did quite well. Another experience. :)

More power to ya. My driving days are over and I really don't miss it.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 02/13/13 at 6:05 pm

Dish.
;)

Oh my gosh, I suck.  I forgot.  How did it go?  :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/13/13 at 6:18 pm

I would have LOVED to have found pieces of eight. That would have TRULY been treasure. Usually the treasure we find are shells & such. Though, when my sister & her family came down here, my nephew found Pedro's ring. We knew it was his because it had his name written in it. And it was HUGE!! Pedro much have been a big guy.

Long Cat Silver!  8)

More power to ya. My driving days are over and I really don't miss it.

Is that to do with your eyes? I started lessons about a year ago now to conquer my fear of driving and also to improve my job situation. I am getting pretty good at driving now. My instructor says I am ready to do my test but I can honestly say I am not ready at the moment. Will be soon though.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/13 at 7:01 pm

Long Cat Silver!  8)

Is that to do with your eyes? I started lessons about a year ago now to conquer my fear of driving and also to improve my job situation. I am getting pretty good at driving now. My instructor says I am ready to do my test but I can honestly say I am not ready at the moment. Will be soon though.  :)

Yup-I am now classified as "Legally Blind" so I'm sure most people wouldn't WANT me to drive.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 02/13/13 at 7:06 pm

You'd be interesting on the roads that's for certain.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/13 at 7:14 pm

O actia;;u fprget tje emdomg pf tje  <<<< wow... I totally just typed that!  :D

I actually don't remember the ending of the Stand... I loved the beginning but when we got to that (Randall?) part I lost interest.

I will go past the beach in about 5 minutes!  :P

Written By: nally on 02/13/13 at 7:59 pm

Yup-I am now classified as "Legally Blind" so I'm sure most people wouldn't WANT me to drive.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Sorry to hear that. :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/13 at 7:11 am

I went to the gym today, ran for 40 minutes and burnt 1250 calories. I feel good. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/14/13 at 8:03 am

I went to the gym today, ran for 40 minutes and burnt 1250 calories. I feel good. :)

Congratulations.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/14/13 at 8:04 am

You felt good then, but how do you feel now?

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/13 at 5:14 pm

Congratulations.

Thanks Howard. I've been able to run at that speed for some time now.

You felt good then, but how do you feel now?

Funny you should say that. My female Polish friends were laughing at me at work as I was making some groaning sounds trying to sit in my chair. My bum muscles were aching!  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 02/14/13 at 6:09 pm

Going to post my story tomorrow.

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/13 at 6:15 pm

YAY!

Written By: 80sfan on 02/14/13 at 6:21 pm

YAY!

I thought it was going to take another week. Guess I was wrong.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/13 at 6:22 pm

I thought it was going to take another week. Guess I was wrong.  ;D

I'm looking forward to reading it, 80sfan. Amazing how fast things happen when the inspiration flashes.  8)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/14/13 at 7:07 pm

Can't wait! :)

Written By: 80sfan on 02/14/13 at 10:42 pm

I'm looking forward to reading it, 80sfan. Amazing how fast things happen when the inspiration flashes.  8)

And I didn't even need to take any illegal substances. ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 02/14/13 at 10:42 pm

Can't wait! :)

;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 02/14/13 at 11:48 pm

Dish.
;)
still waiting  ::)

Written By: Tam on 02/15/13 at 1:15 am

still waiting  ::)

Right?

Geesh!
;D

Written By: Howard on 02/15/13 at 7:12 am

can't wait to read it. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/13 at 9:18 am

3 of Carlos' cousins (and spouses) are coming this way this weekend. It has been a while since we have seen one cousin and his wife since they live in Rhode Island and when we are here, they are there. We think the last time we saw them was at our wedding.  :o :o :o (Has it really been THAT long ago?) But we see his son all the time while we are here.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/13 at 12:43 pm

3 of Carlos' cousins (and spouses) are coming this way this weekend. It has been a while since we have seen one cousin and his wife since they live in Rhode Island and when we are here, they are there. We think the last time we saw them was at our wedding.  :o :o :o (Has it really been THAT long ago?) But we see his son all the time while we are here.

Cat

Enjoy.

Die Hard movie marathon commences in 15 minutes!!!  8)

Yippie kay yay mother  :-X-er

Written By: warped on 02/15/13 at 1:39 pm

Enjoy.

Great films, all of them. Enjoy!

Written By: NullandVoid on 02/15/13 at 2:06 pm

Wow am I obsessed with The Sims 3, lol.

That's all ;D

Written By: warped on 02/15/13 at 2:20 pm

Cat

Hey, enjoy your family gathering. It will be great to meet up with people you haven't seen in a while. Hope the gathering doesn't attract more mosquitos. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/13 at 3:01 pm

Hey, enjoy your family gathering. It will be great to meet up with people you haven't seen in a while. Hope the gathering doesn't attract more mosquitos. ;)

Well, of course it will attract mosquitos. We are in the tropics after all. Right now, sitting at SIL's using her computer (and internet connection so I watch all those videos that I have been holding off on doing.  ;) )  They still haven't shown up yet. Should be here any moment.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 02/15/13 at 4:04 pm

I had to fast for a blood test.  Know what scares me?

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/queen345.shtml

Written By: Bobby on 02/15/13 at 4:51 pm

I had to fast for a blood test.  Know what scares me?

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/queen345.shtml

What are you testing for, wildcard?

Interesting parody there.  :)

I have had a great day at work. I have done nothing but sketch which is what I love. Now, I feel a bit sick after eating too many Penguin biscuits but I'm relaxing with a cup of tea and about to watch a very old movie called 'Genevieve'. I think it's about a car.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/13 at 7:23 pm

Cousins are coming TOMORROW so Carlos, SIL, & I went out to dinner. Yummy sangrias. Feeling no pain.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/15/13 at 7:25 pm

Finishing up moving.  We've got most of our little "important" things moved by car, but need to rent a truck yet for big things like bookcases, tables (drafting and dinner table) and two beds.  Right now we are sleeping on an air/blow up mattress.  It's reasonably comfortable.  I wish I could just pull a Jeannie (genie) move and cross my arms and blink and everything is unpacked and put away and washed and the old place is cleaned up and ready for sale.  lol  Unfortunately it doesn't work out that way.  But we are making progress.  It has been unusual doing the "stealth" moving, I feel like we are skipping out on rent (moving late at night) just so that there isn't any arguments or nosy neighbors/relatives.  It's a shame that we'll be selling our home, but it really wasn't what we wanted anyway, we just happened to get a good deal on it.  Hopefully we'll be able to sell it quickly and at least make back some of the money we invested in buying it.  At this point, it's best for both my hubby and my stress to get out of there as quickly as possible.  We have been pretty steadily hard at work now since Jan. 30th.  We are both really tired (and sore), so we have taken last night and tonight off from moving things.  We are working on putting things away in our new place.  The cats seem to like the new place better too.

I hate to jinx myself so I won't comment on our luck in doing this quietly.  :-\\ :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/15/13 at 7:51 pm

Cousins are coming TOMORROW so Carlos, SIL, & I went out to dinner. Yummy sangrias. Feeling no pain.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Great stuff! Have a great time with your cousins and your...sister in law. I'm learning...  ;D

Finishing up moving.  We've got most of our little "important" things moved by car, but need to rent a truck yet for big things like bookcases, tables (drafting and dinner table) and two beds.  Right now we are sleeping on an air/blow up mattress.  It's reasonably comfortable.  I wish I could just pull a Jeannie (genie) move and cross my arms and blink and everything is unpacked and put away and washed and the old place is cleaned up and ready for sale.  lol  Unfortunately it doesn't work out that way.  But we are making progress.  It has been unusual doing the "stealth" moving, I feel like we are skipping out on rent (moving late at night) just so that there isn't any arguments or nosy neighbors/relatives.  It's a shame that we'll be selling our home, but it really wasn't what we wanted anyway, we just happened to get a good deal on it.  Hopefully we'll be able to sell it quickly and at least make back some of the money we invested in buying it.  At this point, it's best for both my hubby and my stress to get out of there as quickly as possible.  We have been pretty steadily hard at work now since Jan. 30th.  We are both really tired (and sore), so we have taken last night and tonight off from moving things.  We are working on putting things away in our new place.  The cats seem to like the new place better too.

I hate to jinx myself so I won't comment on our luck in doing this quietly.  :-\\ :)

Nice! At least you are on the move now, Patty. Here's hoping you and your cats have a safe journey and settle into your new home soon. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/15/13 at 7:55 pm

Wow am I obsessed with The Sims 3, lol.

That's all ;D

Do you also have the first Sims? ???

Written By: Howard on 02/15/13 at 7:58 pm

I think I'm coming down with a slight cold again, every winter between December and March, I never know when it's coming on but I always get a scratchy throat, coughing and sneezing fits. :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/13 at 8:00 pm

I think I'm coming down with a slight cold again, every winter between December and March, I never know when it's coming on but I always get a scratchy throat, coughing and sneezing fits. :P

Take some Echinacea-NOW!!!! That will help ward off anything that you might be coming down with.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 02/15/13 at 8:11 pm

As Cat mentioned, get yourself dosed up with suitable medication as soon as.

The sore throat is usually the first sign of flu symptoms (I had it a while back and it knocked me about for two weeks).

Written By: Howard on 02/15/13 at 8:19 pm

Take some Echinacea-NOW!!!! That will help ward off anything that you might be coming down with.

Cat

I don't have Echinacea.

Written By: Howard on 02/15/13 at 8:20 pm

As Cat mentioned, get yourself dosed up with suitable medication as soon as.

The sore throat is usually the first sign of flu symptoms (I had it a while back and it knocked me about for two weeks).

maybe I'll take cough medicine before I go to sleep.

Written By: Bobby on 02/15/13 at 8:53 pm

maybe I'll take cough medicine before I go to sleep.

Yeah mate, best to nip that flu thing in the bud. :)

Written By: snozberries on 02/16/13 at 2:46 am

Great films, all of them. Enjoy!

All 5 in one day!!!  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/13 at 2:52 am

Enjoy.

I have only seen the first Die Hard, only for I was told there is music by Beethoven in it.

Written By: Howard on 02/16/13 at 7:15 am

Yeah mate, best to nip that flu thing in the bud. :)

right now I'm just trying to get my sneezes out of way but I did take some cough medicine last night and I'm feeling ok not great, It's just that my body is run down for a moment and it could take a while.

Written By: warped on 02/16/13 at 7:48 am

right now I'm just trying to get my sneezes out of way but I did take some cough medicine last night and I'm feeling ok not great, It's just that my body is run down for a moment and it could take a while.

The flu has hit so many people this year, and it takes so long to go away, for many of us.

Written By: snozberries on 02/16/13 at 11:28 am

Feel better soon Howard. Call in sick today if you have to work tomorrow. Being out in the cold will only make it worse.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/16/13 at 3:05 pm

Just as soon as I recover from being sick facebook is hacked.  :P

Written By: snozberries on 02/16/13 at 5:36 pm

MISSED HER AGAIN!!!!  >:(

will I ever get to meet oprah? I keep having these near misses but no luck at all seeing her!  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 02/16/13 at 7:31 pm

The flu has hit so many people this year, and it takes so long to go away, for many of us.

thank god it's NOT the flu, just a regular cold but right now my face is flushed like a red tomato (but not to that extent) feeling a bit better and trying all day to have hot tea, that seems to help and ease my chest cold.

Written By: Howard on 02/16/13 at 7:33 pm

Feel better soon Howard. Call in sick today if you have to work tomorrow. Being out in the cold will only make it worse.

I'm off tomorrow but what I tried to do today was to sweat out my cold, wearing layers of clothing and walking around collecting carts, it helped a bit but not much.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/16/13 at 9:29 pm

Had a wonderful evening with Carlos' sister & cousins. They are a wonderful group of people. And man, did I eat!

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/16/13 at 11:54 pm

It certainly does. Glad I've not been sick this year.

Written By: nally on 02/16/13 at 11:58 pm

Had a wonderful evening with Carlos' sister & cousins. They are a wonderful group of people. And man, did I eat!

Cat

That is so nice to hear!! :) 8) O0

Written By: Howard on 02/17/13 at 7:24 am

You're the lucky ones.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/17/13 at 8:22 am

One thing I forgot to mention about last night's dinner, they spoke in English....then Spanish....then English again....followed by Spanish again. So, I only understood half the conversation. Sometimes I could catch a couple of words so I knew what they were talking about. What bothered me the most was when someone said something in Spanish and everyone started laughing. I was like, "Damn, I missed a joke." Sometimes someone would translate for me, other times they wouldn't.  I really need to learn Spanish.  :-\\

There was also a woman at the restaurant who looked like she was dressed like a pirate. Every time I looked at her, I would start laughing and just couldn't stop. I took a pic of everyone at the table and she managed to get in the pic. I couldn't ask everyone to wait until the woman got out of the way-so there she is, in our pic. ARRRRRRRRR.

Cat

Written By: warped on 02/17/13 at 11:36 am

One thing I forgot to mention about last night's dinner, they spoke in English....then Spanish....then English again....followed by Spanish again. So, I only understood half the conversation. Sometimes I could catch a couple of words so I knew what they were talking about. What bothered me the most was when someone said something in Spanish and everyone started laughing. I was like, "Damn, I missed a joke." Sometimes someone would translate for me, other times they wouldn't.  I really need to learn Spanish.  :-\\

Reminds me of when we go to Hong Kong and 95% of the conversation is in Cantonese. I tend to daydream a lot...until my name mentioned then I tune in.

Written By: wildcard on 02/17/13 at 12:34 pm

I seem to have a headache.  I plan to get a yucca or two for my garden and hopefully those verbenas well stay alive for me.  Then I'm going to get me some blanket flower seeds so I'll have some kind of aster.  It only goes up to heat of 10, but if I have it in the shade of other plants, it might be okay.  I saw a humming bird in my not exactly a garden yet yesterday.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/17/13 at 6:20 pm

In Chicago, waiting to get aboard    :)

Written By: danootaandme on 02/17/13 at 6:23 pm

I got the shot.  I know some people who had it and said it was just ugly, so I didn't want to chance it. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/17/13 at 7:23 pm

In Chicago, waiting to get aboard    :)

You have to tell us if they play the song while you are riding it.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/18/13 at 6:54 am

Going to a birthday party for someone we never met-but we were invited.  :-\\  It is Carlos' cousin's son's wife's mother.  :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D  In other words, his second cousin's mother-in-law.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/18/13 at 8:02 am

I got the shot.  I know some people who had it and said it was just ugly, so I didn't want to chance it.

I may get a shot from the Pathmark pharmacy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/18/13 at 8:06 am

Having our bathroom tiled. I keep hearing the saw every now and again. I REALLY hate loud noises. But, it is looking good. We did a good job at matching the tile to the existing tile in the shower. It is off a bit but a pretty good match. Don't know how long it will take. I may have to take a shower instead of a bath at night for the next few days. This place is ALMOST done. And yes, I will post the pics in the other thread.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/18/13 at 12:51 pm

I, too, received my flu shot...back in November, so I'm good there.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/18/13 at 7:28 pm

Fabulous time. What a wonderful party. They had live music-two singers who sang beautiful harmony. At first, I thought it was a recording and when I looked over, I noticed they were singing.  :o :o :o  All the songs were in Spanish and the only one I recognized was My Way-in Spanish of course. It sounded better.  ;D :D :D ;D ;D

The daughters of the birthday girl had a presentation-in Spanish of course. Then one of the daughters started to speak English and said that there were two guests who are important to Carlos's second cousin who don't speak Spanish and she didn't want us to be left out-and then she named the two of us-BY NAME!!!!  :o :o :o No other guest was named. SIL wasn't named, cousins weren't named-just the two of us. Of course Carlos understood most of what was being said. But me, I was lost. I did thank her. I also felt very honored.

We danced, ate, drank, and had a great time. Someone had a little girl (10 months old) and first she wanted to be in Carlos arms and then mine. She stayed in my arms for a LONG time (longer than any of my grandkids would) and she wanted to dance-in my arms. lol. What a cutie.

GREAT TIME!!!!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/18/13 at 8:02 pm

I'm feeling much better compared to the other day, took a cold pill and after that went right to sleep but I might still have to blow my nose or cough out some phlegm occasionally, that's about it.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/19/13 at 7:15 am

You have to tell us if they play the song while you are riding it.

Cat

No, what is wrong with. This world.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 02/19/13 at 7:18 am

Sometimes my life is a series of "why me?".....

We are in New Orleans, going out to breakfast, he suggests IHop!!!!  He INSISTS on IHOP!!!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/19/13 at 7:28 am

No, what is wrong with. This world.  ;D

Bummer.

Sometimes my life is a series of "why me?".....

We are in New Orleans, going out to breakfast, he suggests IHop!!!!  He INSISTS on IHOP!!!!!

Double bummer.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 02/19/13 at 8:03 am

Bummer.

Double bummer.

Cat

Update......He lost that argument.  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/19/13 at 8:09 am

Update......He lost that argument.  ;)

Good!  :)

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/19/13 at 4:50 pm

So today I was volunteering in the library again, like I normally do on Tuesdays. I put in some extra time because I wasn't there yesterday due to it being a holiday (Presidents Day). While I was there I saw an old friend, preparing to check out some books. So I talked with this person for a few minutes; she was glad to see me again (and likewise).

Written By: danootaandme on 02/19/13 at 6:48 pm

So today I was volunteering in the library again, like I normally do on Tuesdays. I put in some extra time because I wasn't there yesterday due to it being a holiday (Presidents Day). While I was there I saw an old friend, preparing to check out some books. So I talked with this person for a few minutes; she was glad to see me again (and likewise).

:). It's always good catching up with old friends

Written By: wildcard on 02/19/13 at 6:54 pm

watchin the rain all day.  It's been really coming down

Written By: meesa on 02/20/13 at 8:30 am

After work will prepare for a major snowstorm coming this way. Supposed to start this evening and keep going all the way through til tomorrow evening. Snow and sleet, yuck!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/20/13 at 8:36 am

After work will prepare for a major snowstorm coming this way. Supposed to start this evening and keep going all the way through til tomorrow evening. Snow and sleet, yuck!

I heard this is Winter Storm Q. See Q, they named a winter storm after you.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: meesa on 02/20/13 at 9:26 am

I heard this is Winter Storm Q. See Q, they named a winter storm after you.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

well now, I can't  say bad things about a storm named Q.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/13 at 10:28 am

Cat

Jess said that on FB yesterday  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/13 at 10:28 am

O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/20/13 at 10:42 am

Cousins & SIL are coming over for dinner tonight so I'm trying to get this place in order so I'm not TOO embarrassed. (There will only be 2 cousins since the others went back to San Juan yesterday.) The thing is, the bathrooms STILL are not quite finished. One bathroom sink isn't hooked up yet and the other is turned off because of a leak. Had to brush my teeth in the kitchen sink this morning-and that leak everything goes down (a four-flusher?  :D ;D ;D ;D ) The guy is still here working on the back fence so maybe he can do something about all the leaks and the toilets. But after all of that, for all practical purposes-this house is pretty much DONE!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o  (Except for the exterminator to come back-and yes, I saw evidence that the termites are STILL around-eating our counter top.  :-\\ )I'll be posting some photos soon in "THE" thread. 

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/20/13 at 12:19 pm

:). It's always good catching up with old friends

Of course. I had initially met this person a decade ago; she was working in the deaf studies department at CSUN, where I went to school, and also commuted to and from there via the train. Apparently she had "been made redundant" five years ago and was looking for somewhere new to work. She was glad to hear that I've been at least doing some volunteer work for the past three years, in addition to having a temporary job three years ago.

Written By: nally on 02/20/13 at 12:19 pm

watchin the rain all day.  It's been really coming down

We didn't get any until last night...and now it appears to be done with, for now.

Written By: wildcard on 02/20/13 at 12:33 pm

windy today

Written By: warped on 02/20/13 at 12:53 pm

February blahs...cold...snow...cold snow...windy...cold...snow...more snow...cold.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/20/13 at 1:16 pm

February blahs...cold...snow...cold snow...windy...cold...snow...more snow...cold.

Um.... :-X  Ok, I won't say it. But, maybe some future February you will be somewhere else.  ;)

Cat

Written By: warped on 02/20/13 at 1:24 pm

Um.... :-X  Ok, I won't say it. But, maybe some future February you will be somewhere else.  ;)

Cat

And I hope I won't be able to see Russia from my house  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/20/13 at 1:28 pm

And I hope I won't be able to see Russia from my house  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/20/13 at 2:07 pm

How many inches are you supposed to get? ???

Written By: Howard on 02/20/13 at 2:09 pm

Hope it doesn't blow our way.  :o

Written By: Howard on 02/20/13 at 2:10 pm

a month away till Spring.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/20/13 at 2:26 pm

February's always been the crappiest month of the year IMO. I envy the bears, they get to hibernate through it.  :P

Written By: meesa on 02/20/13 at 2:28 pm

How many inches are you supposed to get? ???

Anywhere from 8 to 12 inches of snow, probably sleet too, and maybe freezing rain on top. The forecasters cannot decide. So, going to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/20/13 at 5:21 pm

Anywhere from 8 to 12 inches of snow, probably sleet too, and maybe freezing rain on top. The forecasters cannot decide. So, going to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Whereabouts are you? We're supposed to get dumped on here in KC tonight as well.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/20/13 at 9:51 pm

One of my employee's mom died today.  She had been in the ICU since last week with double pneumonia.  She was sedated at one point to intubate her and drain her lungs.  She couldn't keep her oxygen up so she was on oxygen as well.  She never really woke up from the sedation and this weekend had a severe stroke.  They took her off life support today. 

I cried.  I have never met the woman, but my heart is breaking for her daughter. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/13 at 10:12 pm

One of my employee's mom died today.  She had been in the ICU since last week with double pneumonia.  She was sedated at one point to intubate her and drain her lungs.  She couldn't keep her oxygen up so she was on oxygen as well.  She never really woke up from the sedation and this weekend had a severe stroke.  They took her off life support today. 

I cried.  I have never met the woman, but my heart is breaking for her daughter.

sad news dag

Written By: nally on 02/20/13 at 11:05 pm

Sorry to hear this, Dag. :( Condolences to your employee.

Written By: nally on 02/20/13 at 11:42 pm

Oh...and I was feeling a little crummy earlier (mild pain in my sinuses), but I took something to get rid of the pain, and it worked.

Also, I had plans to go somewhere this evening, but since I was in pain earlier, and it was quite windy outside, I figured it was better for me to stay home.

Written By: warped on 02/21/13 at 7:02 am

Sorry for her loss. Both of you will be in my thoughts today.  :-[

Written By: Howard on 02/21/13 at 7:08 am

I'm sorry for your employee's mother.  :\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 02/21/13 at 7:20 am

Thanks, guys.  I went and bought her a card and we are taking up a collection at work either to buy flowers or to donate to the expenses.  I will let my other employees decide.

Written By: warped on 02/21/13 at 7:27 am

Thanks, guys.  I went and bought her a card and we are taking up a collection at work either to buy flowers or to donate to the expenses.  I will let my other employees decide.

Perfect thing to do on this occasion.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/21/13 at 8:50 am

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Condolences to your employee & family. And you, too.

Cat

Written By: meesa on 02/21/13 at 2:30 pm

Whereabouts are you? We're supposed to get dumped on here in KC tonight as well.

About 2 hrs south of KC. We have a LOT of sleet and freezing rain.  :( Hope you don't get it as bad!

Written By: Tam on 02/21/13 at 2:34 pm

About 2 hrs south of KC. We have a LOT of sleet and freezing rain.  :( Hope you don't get it as bad!

We have a freezing rain warning. It was originally for snow, but apparently our temperatures have gone up. I can tell you though that it is cold here. It is 39F with a windchill of 33F. Wind gusts that bite too. Everyone stay warm and safe!!!

Written By: meesa on 02/21/13 at 2:43 pm

We have a freezing rain warning. It was originally for snow, but apparently our temperatures have gone up. I can tell you though that it is cold here. It is 39F with a windchill of 33F. Wind gusts that bite too. Everyone stay warm and safe!!!

you too!

Written By: danootaandme on 02/21/13 at 4:04 pm

Life with the Luddite...the saga continues

New Orleans...what we had to eat

Me......Jambalaya, étouffée, gumbo, barbecue, pralines,

Him.....pizza, pizza, hamburger, pizza.

What we did.....

Me........Danced to a street zydeco band, laughed with a drunk who called me beautiful and asked me to run away with him, sit on a bench watching the Mississippi and singing House of the Rising Sun with a stranger.

Him.....wait until I finish

(So many wouldn't)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/21/13 at 5:24 pm

Joplin?

Written By: wildcard on 02/21/13 at 6:48 pm

I'm back.  they grinded down my ear mold that went with my CI so now I can wear it without getting a headache.  I know I hear better with it now.  Maybe next time they can grind down the mold for my right ear hearing aid so I can hear music better then I can with just my left ear. 

Written By: Howard on 02/21/13 at 7:57 pm

that's a very nice gesture. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/21/13 at 7:58 pm

I'll try, only a month away till Spring.

Written By: nally on 02/21/13 at 8:22 pm

I'll try, only a month away till Spring.

That's right!! :o Time does fly by quickly!

Written By: danootaandme on 02/22/13 at 3:09 am

I'm back.  they grinded down my ear mold that went with my CI so now I can wear it without getting a headache.  I know I hear better with it now.  Maybe next time they can grind down the mold for my right ear hearing aid so I can hear music better then I can with just my left ear.

Surround sound  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 02/22/13 at 3:15 am

Nothing like going on vacation and getting a call from the business agent to say I am laid off.  I kinda knew it could happen, though I was hoping for a couple more weeks.  Big deal, not so big deal.

Written By: Howard on 02/22/13 at 6:57 am

That's right!! :o Time does fly by quickly!

This winter has been too cold and miserable.

Written By: Howard on 02/22/13 at 6:58 am

Nothing like going on vacation and getting a call from the business agent to say I am laid off.  I kinda knew it could happen, though I was hoping for a couple more weeks.  Big deal, not so big deal.

sorry you've been laid off maybe you'll find something else soon.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/22/13 at 7:20 am

That sucks. :(

Written By: warped on 02/22/13 at 7:22 am

What a terrible time to get a phone call like that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/13 at 7:38 am

Technically, you are now on a longer vacation, karma just for you.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/13 at 7:39 am

This winter has been too cold and miserable.
Winter, what winter?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/13 at 7:57 am

Is it time to retire?

Cat

Written By: meesa on 02/22/13 at 8:20 am

Joplin?

And about an hour from there. We received lots of sleet.

Written By: snozberries on 02/22/13 at 10:15 am

kind of expected or not...it still sucks! sorry  :(

Written By: Howard on 02/22/13 at 7:42 pm

Winter, what winter?

looking forward to when winter does end.

Written By: Bobby on 02/23/13 at 5:24 am

I am sorry to read this, Danoota. Do you have something lined up?

I have been going crazy at the gym. I am now able to run for 50 minutes and burn 1500 calories a session. I've noticed that my 'fat back' has completely disappeared and my stomach is shrinking. It's been hard work but I'm really proud of what I have achieved after 3 months.

The only thing I am concerned with is sometimes I injure myself at this stage and set myself back a month or so. I have been keeping an eye on my physical well-being and have no problems with my legs so far (apart from the usual tightening of the calf muscles).

Tonight, I will be going to a small houseparty to be with great friends, have a few drinks and a great time.  8)

Written By: Howard on 02/23/13 at 6:43 am

I have been going crazy at the gym. I am now able to run for 50 minutes and burn 1500 calories a session. I've noticed that my 'fat back' has completely disappeared and my stomach is shrinking. It's been hard work but I'm really proud of what I have achieved after 3 months.

The only thing I am concerned with is sometimes I injure myself at this stage and set myself back a month or so. I have been keeping an eye on my physical well-being and have no problems with my legs so far (apart from the usual tightening of the calf muscles).

Tonight, I will be going to a small houseparty to be with great friends, have a few drinks and a great time.  8)

Wow that's a lot of running, keep it up.

Written By: nally on 02/23/13 at 4:20 pm

He should also be careful about it.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/23/13 at 5:40 pm

Do you stretch before the wokout? Stretching is very important before physical activity, many people injure themselves becuse
they don't stretch enough. It is great that you are seeing a difference, don't give up and stretch man......stretch.

Written By: Bobby on 02/23/13 at 7:27 pm

Thank you Howard. As Steve Winwood sang; "Keep on running..."

Do you stretch before the wokout? Stretching is very important before physical activity, many people injure themselves becuse
they don't stretch enough. It is great that you are seeing a difference, don't give up and stretch man......stretch.

Hiya loki.

Yes, I do stretch before every workout. I don't know what constitutes as a 'full stretch' but I try to take every precaution before each session. Thank you for reminding everybody and myself that preparation is just as vital as the exercise itself.  :)

I have come back from my friend's house party and, to be honest, I am wasted (drunk). If I write anything stupid or incoherent then I am blaming the alcohol I have consumed...hic...  :-[  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 02/23/13 at 7:55 pm

Is it time to retire?

Cat

......as a matter of fact.  ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 02/23/13 at 7:57 pm

Wish I had your motivation.  I have to start doing something. 

Written By: Howard on 02/23/13 at 7:58 pm

He should also be careful about it.

He doesn't want to overdo it.

Written By: Howard on 02/23/13 at 7:59 pm

I have come back from my friend's house party and, to be honest, I am wasted (drunk). If I write anything stupid or incoherent then I am blaming the alcohol I have consumed...hic...

try to cut down on the alcohol.

Written By: Bobby on 02/23/13 at 8:01 pm

Wish I had your motivation.  I have to start doing something.

I had to start from somewhere, Danoota. I started by walking on a treadmill and moving up to jogging for a couple of minutes at a time to running at length. However, it is surprising how fast our bodies builds up stamina to do things we didn't think we were capable of doing.

If you want it badly enough, you will do it.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/23/13 at 8:09 pm

try to cut down on the alcohol.

I am a social drinker so do not regularly drink alcohol. I very rarely drink alcohol on my own and this has been the first time in some months I have gone out and got myself drunk enough to really feel it. However, I do succumb to peer pressure when I have had a few sherbets. As you can see by my standard of typing I am not too bad even after what I have drunk tonight (which is a disgusting amount looking back on it, lol). Whether I will feel the same way tomorrow morning is another matter...

Written By: danootaandme on 02/23/13 at 9:26 pm

We are home from our trip to New Orleans.  Wasn't bad, but I have to say, what's the big deal?  The food...I can get as good if not better right here, the music, ditto, the people aren't any more, or any less friendly.  The pace of life is different.  There isn't anything that comes close to "on time".  Glad I went, glad I'm home.

Written By: warped on 02/24/13 at 9:51 am

Academy Awards coming up. Wonder if Tommy Lee Jones hired a smiling coach for tonights awards.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/24/13 at 2:06 pm

Going to post page 3 and 4 for you guys/girls to critique. It'll be the last time for about a year, because I guess I need to sit down, write, and stop posting on here!  ;D

Also you girls/guys' advice helped me a lot!

I'll post it on Monday.

Written By: wildcard on 02/24/13 at 2:18 pm

mom >:(

Written By: 80sfan on 02/24/13 at 2:19 pm

Again? Yeah, my mother can be strange too!  :(

Written By: Howard on 02/24/13 at 3:45 pm

What'd she do this time?

Written By: wildcard on 02/24/13 at 6:03 pm

What'd she do this time?

doing things for me that I can do like type  for one.  I've said more on this in another thread

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/13 at 11:28 pm

This time next week, God Willing, I should be back home and my holiday will be over.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/25/13 at 7:56 am

Going shopping with SIL. Carlos hates to go shopping so it will be nice to do some shopping without having to worry about him being bored or whatever. Besides, it gives us a chance to talk about him.   ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 02/25/13 at 9:26 am

This time next week, God Willing, I should be back home and my holiday will be over.

That's pretty much how I felt about my holiday. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/13 at 9:29 am

That's pretty much how I felt about my holiday. 
Hopefully with more time spent away to come.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/25/13 at 9:35 am

Hopefully with more time spent away to come.

Well, I went away for a week, and while I was away the job ended so I'm back on the unemployment line.  So I guess you may say it is an extended holiday.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/13 at 9:51 am

Well, I went away for a week, and while I was away the job ended so I'm back on the unemployment line.  So I guess you may say it is an extended holiday.
It is hard to find work back home, and I am not young anymore, enjoy yourself.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/25/13 at 9:57 am

I'm looking forward to going home. I admit it, I get homesick. But, we have been away for almost 5 weeks now and we still have about 2 and half weeks to go.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/25/13 at 2:17 pm

Hopefully, you can get back to work ASAP.

Written By: nally on 02/25/13 at 3:33 pm

We are home from our trip to New Orleans.  Wasn't bad, but I have to say, what's the big deal?  The food...I can get as good if not better right here, the music, ditto, the people aren't any more, or any less friendly.  The pace of life is different.  There isn't anything that comes close to "on time".  Glad I went, glad I'm home.

Well at least you got to see what it was like over there. :)

Written By: nally on 02/25/13 at 3:36 pm

Hopefully, you can get back to work ASAP.

I'd like to be working myself. Right now, I am volunteering a few days each week (including the library, where I went this morning).

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/13 at 6:58 pm

I'd like to be working myself. Right now, I am volunteering a few days each week (including the library, where I went this morning).
Today (Tuesday) will be final day here on the boards before I get home.

Written By: nally on 02/25/13 at 10:16 pm

Okay then; take care in your return trip home. :) All the best.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/13 at 11:13 pm

Okay then; take care in your return trip home. :) All the best.
I still have another 12 hours or so of the Internet, the rest of the time will be traveling around.

Thanks.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/26/13 at 6:44 am

We are going to Gilligan's Island (for a 3 hour tour).

http://www.portadelsolpuertorico.com/gilligans-island.html#.USysYPLJKM0

Crystal clear waters and some of the best snorkeling.

This was a pic that I took back in 2007. That dead tree is no longer there.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3023/2464746797_12bc71553c.jpg

It always reminds me of Bali Hai from South Pacific:

"Here am I, your special island!
Come to me, come to me!"

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/26/13 at 7:01 am

How is it coming along?

Written By: Howard on 02/26/13 at 7:02 am

enjoy the trip home. :)

Written By: warped on 02/26/13 at 7:03 am

We are going to Gilligan's Island (for a 3 hour tour).

http://www.portadelsolpuertorico.com/gilligans-island.html#.USysYPLJKM0

Crystal clear waters and some of the best snorkeling.

This was a pic that I took back in 2007. That dead tree is no longer there.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3023/2464746797_12bc71553c.jpg

It always reminds me of Bali Hai from South Pacific:

"Here am I, your special island!
Come to me, come to me!"

Cat

Enjoy. We are getting a 3-hour snowstorm.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/26/13 at 7:14 am

Hmmmm? Snow? Snorkeling?

Nope, not even close.  ;)

Ok, I hope your snow isn't bad.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 02/26/13 at 2:00 pm

I found another plant that should grow well for me and I can order the seeds from Amazon so I did and have been told that they should be here next month.

Written By: nally on 02/26/13 at 3:48 pm

I still have another 12 hours or so of the Internet, the rest of the time will be traveling around.

Thanks.

So I guess we'll see you when you get back to home then...

Written By: nally on 02/26/13 at 3:50 pm

How is it coming along?
The library? It's going quite well, thank you. Today I had another "discard" project to do in the back room; preparing books for discard by crossing off their barcodes and stamping their insides with a "discard" stamp. (They had already been removed from the system.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/26/13 at 4:25 pm

Ok, so the 3 hour tour turned into a 5 hour tour. As we were waiting for the boat (we got there just as the boat was leaving so we had to wait for the next one-which was an hour away), we started talking to these people who were also waiting. SIL mentioned about selling her condo and these people are interested. They are going to look at it tomorrow.

We swam around the island-actually we pulled ourselves around the island because the current was so strong-but it was an outstanding workout. I will be sore tomorrow. I didn't see as much as I should have because my mask kept leaking so I kept having to take it off to get the water out of it which made it fog up so I couldn't see. I think we finally figured out that the mask was too big for me. Unfortunately, my underwater camera died so I need to replace it. It was a cheapo one anyway. I got a little burnt.

What a great day. Going to Gilligan's Island is ALWAYS a great day!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/26/13 at 7:41 pm

Did it snow yet?

Written By: Bobby on 02/27/13 at 7:29 am

I'm doing great! I have set aside a date for my practical driving test - April 3rd.  :D

Written By: nally on 02/27/13 at 10:35 am

I'm doing great! I have set aside a date for my practical driving test - April 3rd.  :D

That's good to hear; best of luck with that. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/27/13 at 12:12 pm

I'm glad its almost over because the cold and the short days aggravate my depression.  Even though days start lengthening after the winter solstice the SAD effect builds up in winter. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/13 at 1:51 pm

First Paley event tonight. Some kind of award presentation to Ryan Murphy (producer Glee, New Normal, American Horror Story, Nip/Tuck)

Here's hoping I get some good pics!

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/13 at 1:55 pm

Ok, so the 3 hour tour turned into a 5 hour tour. As we were waiting for the boat (we got there just as the boat was leaving so we had to wait for the next one-which was an hour away), we started talking to these people who were also waiting. SIL mentioned about selling her condo and these people are interested. They are going to look at it tomorrow.

We swam around the island-actually we pulled ourselves around the island because the current was so strong-but it was an outstanding workout. I will be sore tomorrow. I didn't see as much as I should have because my mask kept leaking so I kept having to take it off to get the water out of it which made it fog up so I couldn't see. I think we finally figured out that the mask was too big for me. Unfortunately, my underwater camera died so I need to replace it. It was a cheapo one anyway. I got a little burnt.

What a great day. Going to Gilligan's Island is ALWAYS a great day!

Cat

Sounds like you had fun Cat. Glad you didn't have to stay on the island for 3 seasons, a couple of reunion movies and an animated series and a reality show  :D

Written By: warped on 02/27/13 at 2:22 pm

Did it snow yet?

It's still snowing. We haven't had as much as predicted, some feel as rain instead. We got lucky. Thanks for asking, Howard.

Written By: Howard on 02/27/13 at 7:52 pm

good luck with your driving test.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/27/13 at 8:05 pm

Sounds like you had fun Cat. Glad you didn't have to stay on the island for 3 seasons, a couple of reunion movies and an animated series and a reality show  :D

The funny thing is there have been many times on the boat people will sing the theme to the show. This time, they had music playing-which I think so people WON'T sing-and one of the songs they were playing had the theme to My Three Sons.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/13 at 1:22 am

First Paley event tonight. Some kind of award presentation to Ryan Murphy (producer Glee, New Normal, American Horror Story, Nip/Tuck)

Here's hoping I get some good pics!

No pics...paleycenter was trying to keep it a "fan free zone" the annoying part was all the celebs were taking pics with each other so I doubt they'd mind if the 8 non industry people asked for pics too.

Great party- superb guest list!!!

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/13 at 4:46 pm

That's good to hear; best of luck with that. :)

good luck with your driving test.

Thank you both. My driving instructor said I will most likely fail my first test due to nervousness but will fly through the second as I will know how the testing works. He's a good judge of character. He expected me to fly through my hazard perception test and I did. It's all getting exciting being one step closer to driving full time...amazing considering I had a legitimate fear of driving.  8)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/28/13 at 5:12 pm

Thank you both. My driving instructor said I will most likely fail my first test due to nervousness but will fly through the second as I will know how the testing works. He's a good judge of character. He expected me to fly through my hazard perception test and I did. It's all getting exciting being one step closer to driving full time...amazing considering I had a legitimate fear of driving.  8)

Just because they tell you that doesn't mean it will happen.  Everyone in my family told me I would fail the first test and I passed with flying colors.  Do your best and good luck. :)

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/13 at 6:17 pm

Look for me on extra (I may have screen time) goran visjnic, David duchovny, Beth behrs interviews

I also won some sunglasses really expensive sunglasses

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/13 at 6:37 pm

Just because they tell you that doesn't mean it will happen.  Everyone in my family told me I would fail the first test and I passed with flying colors.  Do your best and good luck. :)

That is very true, Dagny. I'm certainly not setting myself up for a fall, if I get the pass first time I will be loving it. Test prices cost £62 a time (about $110?).

Thank you kindly. I will do the best I can.  :)

Written By: warped on 02/28/13 at 6:38 pm

Everyone told me I'dpass my first time I took the test, and I failed... ;D

(I actually did pass but the driver was a d*ckhead and told me to do something impossible and failed me)

Written By: nally on 02/28/13 at 6:46 pm

Similarly, when I had my first actual driving test, I made a few minor mistakes, but not enough to fail. Hence I passed it. 8) :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/13 at 7:01 pm

Everyone told me I'dpass my first time I took the test, and I failed... ;D

(I actually did pass but the driver was a d*ckhead and told me to do something impossible and failed me)

He was a what? I couldn't tell with that asterisk in the way?  ;) ;D

I have a mate who didn't pass his driving test once because the instructor took over the steering wheel even though he knew he was firmly in control. If an instructor takes the wheel away from the learner driver then it is classed as a dangerous fault and an instant fail.

Similarly, when I had my first actual driving test, I made a few minor mistakes, but not enough to fail. Hence I passed it. 8) :)

Great stuff, Jeff. I believe you are allowed 13 minor faults in the UK before you fail. Another mate of mine passed on his 13th fault. He said his pass was so close to a fail that his instructor gave him a long lecture afterwards making him aware of this fact, lol.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/28/13 at 7:45 pm

Look for me on extra (I may have screen time) goran visjnic, David duchovny, Beth behrs interviews

Woohoo!  Congrats on the sunglasses :)

Written By: wildcard on 02/28/13 at 8:29 pm

I got my red yucca seeds today and looked up how to prepare so soil for them.  I'll ask my dad to help me with this, I can buy the sand, but might need some help getting the acid level right.

Written By: warped on 02/28/13 at 8:40 pm

He was a what? I couldn't tell with that asterisk in the way?  ;) ;D

He asked me to go through a stop sign. I said no, I had to stop. He again told me not to stop and go through it. I said no, because it was dangerous ( I told him). H then asked me a 3rd & 4th time to go through he stop. I said "No!". He then asked me again and told me he was the instructor and I should listen to him.

So

I went though the stop sign.

He failed me because I went through the stop sign.  ::)

What an ass he was. I was gonna file a complaint, but why bother. I rescheduled another test and two weeks later I had my license.

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/13 at 8:50 pm

He asked me to go through a stop sign. I said no, I had to stop. He again told me not to stop and go through it. I said no, because it was dangerous ( I told him). H then asked me a 3rd & 4th time to go through he stop. I said "No!". He then asked me again and told me he was the instructor and I should listen to him.

So

I went though the stop sign.

He failed me because I went through the stop sign.  ::)

What an ass he was. I was gonna file a complaint, but why bother. I rescheduled another test and two weeks later I had my license.

I get the impression he was fudging the stats and baiting you to do as he suggested so he could fail you. It also seems like he was a bit of a d.ickhead...

It's good to know you didn't let it bog you down and you got what you wanted in the end.

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/13 at 9:21 pm

Woohoo!  Congrats on the sunglasses :)

Thanks! Luckily I like them so I can use them...or unluckily I like them....I should sell em on eBay but I'm not gonna

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/28/13 at 11:22 pm

Just saw Silver Linings Playbook.

It was awesome!

Written By: nally on 02/28/13 at 11:51 pm

Great stuff, Jeff. I believe you are allowed 13 minor faults in the UK before you fail. Another mate of mine passed on his 13th fault. He said his pass was so close to a fail that his instructor gave him a long lecture afterwards making him aware of this fact, lol.

Good to know. I think the fault limit in the US (at least in the state of California) is 15.

Written By: snozberries on 03/01/13 at 1:57 am

Just saw Silver Linings Playbook.

It was awesome!

Yeah it was!!!

Written By: warped on 03/01/13 at 6:25 am

I get the impression he was fudging the stats and baiting you to do as he suggested so he could fail you. It also seems like he was a bit of a d.ickhead...

It's good to know you didn't let it bog you down and you got what you wanted in the end.

Yes, on all 3 accounts.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/01/13 at 6:54 am

always keep your eyes on the road Bob.

Written By: Howard on 03/01/13 at 6:55 am

Wow you're gonna be on Extra?  :o

Written By: nally on 03/01/13 at 10:55 am

And be aware of what's around you.

Written By: Bobby on 03/02/13 at 8:57 am

And be aware of what's around you.

Thank you both kindly for the advice. :)

I'm shuddering with excitement. Pass or fail I can't wait to get it done!

Written By: warped on 03/02/13 at 9:16 am

Thank you both kindly for the advice. :)

I'm shuddering with excitement. Pass or fail I can't wait to get it done!

Just don't overthink things, you've practiced enough. Just do what you need to do for the test. You know you can pass it.  ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/04/13 at 8:28 am

Called the office, making an appointment to file for my pension.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 03/04/13 at 10:55 am

Wow you're gonna be on Extra?  :o

In the background...it'll be the third and fourth time I will be seen on extra...assuming I got screen time again

Written By: snozberries on 03/04/13 at 10:57 am

Called the office, making an appointment to file for my pension.  :)

O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/13 at 1:46 pm

I'm back!

Written By: Howard on 03/04/13 at 8:26 pm

In the background...it'll be the third and fourth time I will be seen on extra...assuming I got screen time again

looking forward to seeing it.

Written By: Howard on 03/04/13 at 8:27 pm

I'm back!

good to see you back.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...