inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: OMG moments

Written By: Katluver on 04/15/13 at 2:44 am

I was in a grocery store and they played this song below, which I haven't heard since I was 13!  :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7n-X9UyteM

Subject: Re: OMG moments

Written By: Dagwood on 04/15/13 at 5:25 pm

Along the same lines, I was I was in the grocery store one day and they were playing "When Doves Cry" by Prince.  I walked up to the drink aisle singing along to myself and the guy next to me was singing too.  We just looked at each other for a second and then laughed. 

When did I get old enough that the music from my teens became the muzak for the stores?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/15/13 at 5:38 pm

Along the same lines, I was I was in the grocery store one day and they were playing "When Doves Cry" by Prince.  I walked up to the drink aisle singing along to myself and the guy next to me was singing too.  We just looked at each other for a second and then laughed. 

When did I get old enough that the music from my teens became the muzak for the stores?

A similar situation happened to me when we were in PR in Feb. We were in the grocery store when they started playing "Hello" by Lionel Richie. I was singing along and as this guy was coming toward us and he was singing, too. And when the song got to the line "I love you", we were right in front of each other as we were both singing the lyrics. Yes, our eyes met and we smiled at each other. I was thinking to myself, "No, I don't love YOU-I love this guy I am with" (meaning Carlos). It was a little awkward but funny at the same time.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 04/15/13 at 9:41 pm

I have an OMG music moment.  I was in a Value Village (also known as Savers in Australia and some parts of the United States) and on their music was "A Solid Bond in Your Heart" by The Style Council, and then after it was "Big Apple" by Kajagoogoo.  Neither one of those songs were hits in North America.  I had to stop and wonder if their music system had somehow tapped into a satellite 80s station broadcasting from the UK lol

Written By: Howard on 04/16/13 at 6:53 am

A similar situation happened to me when we were in PR in Feb. We were in the grocery store when they started playing "Hello" by Lionel Richie. I was singing along and as this guy was coming toward us and he was singing, too. And when the song got to the line "I love you", we were right in front of each other as we were both singing the lyrics. Yes, our eyes met and we smiled at each other. I was thinking to myself, "No, I don't love YOU-I love this guy I am with" (meaning Carlos). It was a little awkward but funny at the same time.

Cat

;D

Written By: warped on 04/21/13 at 2:07 pm

Back in late 1982, early 1983, a few of us went to see the Canadian band “Platinum Blonde” in concert. They weren’t famous as of yet, we hadn’t heard of them, we just heard they were a “Police” cover band. We all liked the Police so we went to hear “Platinum Blonde”

During their set, they played an extended version of “So Lonely” by the Police. Just after the song started, Caroline Del Grande walked up to an open space near the stage and began her dance. After a few seconds, no one was watching the stage, they were watching Caroline doing her memorable sexy dance. (No, she didn’t disrobe, just a sexy dance)

At the end of the song Caroline stopped dancing. My buddy Ken then said to us  “I wonder how many dicks ejaculated during her dance?”.  ;D    We laughed our asses off, except for Dan (who was drinking beer at the time, and passed the beer through his nose and all over his shirt). The dance & the comment were both an OMG moment for me.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/21/13 at 2:48 pm

Back in late 1982, early 1983, a few of us went to see the Canadian band “Platinum Blonde” in concert. They weren’t famous as of yet, we hadn’t heard of them, we just heard they were a “Police” cover band. We all liked the Police so we went to hear “Platinum Blonde”

During their set, they played an extended version of “So Lonely” by the Police. Just after the song started, Caroline Del Grande walked up to an open space near the stage and began her dance. After a few seconds, no one was watching the stage, they were watching Caroline doing her memorable sexy dance. (No, she didn’t disrobe, just a sexy dance)

At the end of the song Caroline stopped dancing. My buddy Ken then said to us  “I wonder how many dicks ejaculated during her dance?”.  ;D    We laughed our asses off, except for Dan (who was drinking beer at the time, and passed the beer through his nose and all over his shirt). The dance & the comment were both an OMG moment for me.

That story reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3viQHsBFc4

BTW, I can dance like that.

Cat

Written By: warped on 04/22/13 at 8:32 am

That story reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3viQHsBFc4

I remember that scene, yup. Still...she ain't no Caroline DelGrande  ;)  I still remember bits of her dancing on that night, and it was 30 years ago.  :o      I wonder where she is today? She must be almost 50 years old.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/13 at 10:05 am

I remember that scene, yup. Still...she ain't no Caroline DelGrande  ;)  I still remember bits of her dancing on that night, and it was 30 years ago.  :o      I wonder where she is today? She must be almost 50 years old.

And is 50 a bad thing? There are some 50 year olds who STILL have it and can still move better than some 20 year olds. Like me.

Cat

Written By: warped on 04/22/13 at 11:49 am

And is 50 a bad thing? There are some 50 year olds who STILL have it and can still move better than some 20 year olds. Like me.

Cat

(looks in mirror) Nope nothing wrong with being 50.  ;)    I guess I can't imagine Caroline at 50 because the last time I saw her was 1983 or 1984, when she was about 19 or 20. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/24/13 at 3:30 pm

Hearing Wham on a local oldies station.  God I'm getting old. :(

Written By: Howard on 04/25/13 at 7:20 am

Hearing Wham on a local oldies station.  God I'm getting old. :(

and just last night I was listening to some WCBS-FM jingles from the early 80's, that's an OMG moment.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/26/13 at 11:52 am

and just last night I was listening to some WCBS-FM jingles from the early 80's, that's an OMG moment.

Actually, it means you live for nostalgia. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...