inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How did you find this site?

Written By: Mushroom on 05/20/13 at 1:24 am

Unsure of where to place this, I thought I would put it here.

Out of curiosity, how did most in here find this site?

Myself, it came in around 2005 or so, when I was searching for some information from some old movie (I want to say it was They Live), and one of the Google links took me here.  I found it interesting, so I stuck around.

This was really my first experience at a "forum", but I found I liked the mix of pop culture I found here.  I forget my original name, but when the board was reset a few months after I arrived I staked out this name and have kept it ever since (I think the Mushroom of the old board was a drive-by poster).

Of course, I could always give a silly answer, like I have a secret crush on Cat and love to tweak Max's nose, but in reality I pretty much love everybody here, no matter how often we may tick each other off.  After all, what is family for?

Subject: Re: How did you find this site?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/20/13 at 6:32 pm

Unsure of where to place this, I thought I would put it here.

Myself, it came in around 2005 or so, when I was searching for some information from some old movie (I want to say it was They Live), and one of the Google links took me here.  I found it interesting, so I stuck around.

This was really my first experience at a "forum", but I found I liked the mix of pop culture I found here.  I forget my original name, but when the board was reset a few months after I arrived I staked out this name and have kept it ever since (I think the Mushroom of the old board was a drive-by poster).

Of course, I could always give a silly answer, like I have a secret crush on Cat and love to tweak Max's nose, but in reality I pretty much love everybody here, no matter how often we may tick each other off.  After all, what is family for?

You have a secret crush on me? (Not a secret anymore. lol) I think there may be a lot of that going around.  ;)

Oh, and to answer your question, I was looking for a song (Born Again) way back in 2002 and basically stayed.

Here is my very first post:

http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/misheard/1037117532.shtml

Cat

Written By: warped on 05/20/13 at 6:55 pm

I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

Naw, I was looking for something ā€œ1970sā€ related (a game or music or collectible search, I don't remember) and found this site.

...and I don't have a crush on anyone, but like to see Samantha Stevens tweak her nose.

Written By: Mushroom on 05/20/13 at 6:59 pm

You have a secret crush on me? (Not a secret anymore. lol) I think there may be a lot of that going around.  ;)

Darn, did I say that out loud?  I guess I need to get that internal monologue checked again.

And looking back, I guess I was here earlier, I started in at least 2004.  I know we had a thread back when the board was reset, but I was unable to find the thread where we all reintroduced ourselves again.

Although it was fun scanning through those old posts.  Saw a lot of names I have not seen in ages.

Written By: Howard on 05/20/13 at 7:33 pm

I found this site from a link, I started about 12 years ago as a guest then after that I was hooked.

Written By: whistledog on 05/20/13 at 7:39 pm

I found this place though a link I found on another 80s message board that I used to post at.  The weird part is had I not found that link, I would never have found this place.  I was googling for another type message board like that 80s site, and this place never came up in my searches, and I looked for days

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/21/13 at 12:15 am

It was about the same time for me.  Digging back (how far we goin' back? MOAR THAN 8 YEARS BACK!) into my own history, I went a little somethin' like this:

Unsolved: MC 900 Foot Jesus, Straight to Heaven and Born with Monkey Asses
Solved: Intaferon, Get Out of London with most of the cultural references nailed down
Solved: Frankie Smith, Double Dutch Bus with help from us, and from other boards that have appeared and disappeared during our tenure.

If you find good source material, credit the original poster and the original forum, but please, please, please post the text in its fullness here.  Even the Google Cache of one of the 2010 sources in the Double Dutch thread has now gone 404.  This is one of the longest-lived forums on the 'net. 

And you, dear reader, if you know/have a song that you think is obscure enough that none of the lyrics sites have the lyrics?  We have a lyrics board, so post it there.

(And if you, dear reader, have a song you remember and can't find what you're looking for, post it there too, becuse we still might be able to help!)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/21/13 at 1:53 pm

I didn't find this site, it found me.  :D

Written By: Howard on 05/21/13 at 7:26 pm

I didn't find this site, it found me.  :D

where did it find you?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/24/13 at 9:13 pm

I found it through AmIRight.

Written By: nally on 05/24/13 at 10:17 pm

As did I...when that site was fairly new.

Written By: Howard on 05/25/13 at 4:01 pm

I started in 2001, when did you guys start?

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/25/13 at 6:41 pm

2012 ;D  I was looking up random 1990's related websites and came across "Inthe90s".  It was through that where I found this message board.

Written By: Stompgal on 08/14/13 at 10:47 am

Same here but in 2003.

Written By: Henk on 08/14/13 at 1:25 pm

How did I find this site? I forgot. I guess it must've come up in one search or another, but I honestly can't remember what I was looking for at the time. I'm not even sure this site provided me with an (the) answer! ;D

But anyway...it was way back in 2005. I used to go by the name of FaultyDog in my early days. Deleted my account in January of 2007, but came back only a couple of days later... Apparently, people got used/attached to me... ::)

Written By: Henk on 08/14/13 at 1:31 pm

And you, dear reader, if you know/have a song that you think is obscure enough that none of the lyrics sites have the lyrics?  We have a lyrics board, so post it there.

This reminds me...I'm still looking for the correct lyrics of Fadeaway by Loz Netto's Bzar.
(Yes - I already have a transcription of the lyrics, but no - I don't believe for a minute they're accurate!)

Written By: Howard on 08/14/13 at 1:41 pm

I think I found this site through a link 13 years ago and then after that I wanted to use message boards instead of old chat rooms and here I am 12 years later. ;)

Written By: amjikloviet on 08/14/13 at 2:42 pm

It was around 2009, and I was searching for another site someone had mentioned to me and I never did find it or it was taken down or something. I found this one instead. And I remember it was around December '09.  :)

Written By: valleyroads on 08/15/13 at 1:56 pm

Looking up Josta soda on Inthe90s (totally miss that stuff), found these boards, lurked a while on public computers, joined when I got internet at home.

Written By: KayKay on 08/17/13 at 8:03 pm

I first joined in about 2002 ish, around when I left school lol, I forget how I ended up here though, and like so Many people I've come and gone a couple of times (prior incantations such as AngeliK and Kay) but can't help but come back lol

Kx

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/18/13 at 10:16 am

Actually, I was introduced to this site by a person who thought she had a bunch of friends here. Silly her

Written By: karen on 09/18/13 at 11:00 am

Actually, I was introduced to this site by a person who thought she had a bunch of friends here. Silly her

She still does, if only she'd care to come back and find out

Written By: snozberries on 09/18/13 at 2:20 pm

Exactly.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/18/13 at 4:37 pm

Me too. Found Amiright in 2004 when looking for a parody and then saw the inthe00s link with it.

My first use of the forum was when I accidentally caused a duplicate of a parody to be submitted(I was still learning how to use the internet and computers, I didn't have a lot of experience at the time). So I started an account and asked to get the duplicate removed.

Afterward, I started visiting the site on a almost day basis(this was at a time when I used the library's internet).

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/18/13 at 9:05 pm

This reminds me...I'm still looking for the correct lyrics of Fadeaway by Loz Netto's Bzar.
(Yes - I already have a transcription of the lyrics, but no - I don't believe for a minute they're accurate!)

Try a re-listen with a few of my edits.  Maybe it is "strikes a familiar tone".  Also, cool 80s cold war vibe in the video!  Thanks!

Written By: 80sfan on 09/19/13 at 1:51 am

I found this site in 2001, when it started. I searched Google for an 00s decade analysis of 2000 and 2001 that year and BAM!.... this site came on. And I was hooked from then on. But I didn't become a member until August 2008, I lurked before!

Written By: karen on 09/19/13 at 1:53 am

I found this site in 2001, when it started. I searched Google for an 00s decade analysis of 2000 and 2001 that year and BAM!.... this site came on. And I was hooked from then on. But I didn't become a member until August 2008, I lurked before!

what a long time lurker! 

Written By: 80sfan on 09/19/13 at 2:04 am

what a long time lurker!

I think I was going through things at the time, so didn't have time for ANY boards/threads on the internet. Actually I think inthe00s.com is the first boards/threads I ever joined in my whole life.

Written By: Howard on 09/19/13 at 6:58 am

So it took you 7 years?  ???

Written By: Inertia on 09/19/13 at 1:24 pm

I was searching for something on Google and was linked to a thread on this forum in the process. I decided to join shortly afterward.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/19/13 at 2:53 pm

So it took you 7 years?  ???

Pretty much. :D

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/21/13 at 8:51 pm

Actually, with maybe one or 2 exceptions, she doesn't think so

Written By: snozberries on 09/21/13 at 9:10 pm

Actually, with maybe one or 2 exceptions, she doesn't think so

That's unfortunate because I still care about her in spite of everything that transpired

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/21/13 at 11:08 pm

That's unfortunate because I still care about her in spite of everything that transpired
It is unfortunate!!!  As she is leaving others speak for her, then that clearly is her mindset.  You can not talk to someone who isn't there.  Seems that some things maybe uncomfortable, but she must know that we have listened in the past (I guess too closely).  Many are here, as many have been and will continue to be.  But I also can't help but listening to the silence, it is as loud as posts and as powerful as picture (for the sun can still burns leaves with no words on cloudy day), thinking it means a great deal as well! 

Written By: Dagwood on 09/22/13 at 4:07 pm

Exactly.  If she doesn't think we are friends, then it is her problem.  It is only a message board, for crying out loud.  It's not like we are neighbors trying to get her to choose between her husband and us.  Nobody is saying we can't talk because of who she is married to.  We are internet friends.  We can discuss things and talk without the subject coming up.  If she has a hard time understanding why we feel as we do, then it is her problem to deal with. 

I am done with the issue.  I would love to see her come back, but, of course, it is her choice and she has to do what she feels comfortable doing.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/22/13 at 4:14 pm

I found it on inthe80s.com.  :)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/04/15 at 8:57 pm

I found it when I was looking up 90s nostalgia; however, I've known about this site since 2012 and didn't sign up until almost 2 years ago.

Written By: Howard on 10/05/15 at 3:05 pm

I believe I found this site almost 15 years ago when I was searching for something and I stumbled on to this and became addicted ever since. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/07/15 at 4:11 am

I wonder who we're talking about?  I'm sure it was a big hulabaloo at the time, but I don't remember it.  :-\\ :-[

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/07/15 at 4:21 am

I followed Whistledog here from another message board that we both were members of.  Funny thing is, at the time, I posted (a lot) on many different boards.  Now, I barely post anywhere, including here.  :-\\

After I followed Jason here, I posted awhile, then stopped for some reason and forgot about the board.  Life goes on and a year later I was searching for the lyrics to some 80s song and bam, re-found the board.

At my post peaking, I actually lost a friendship because of posting here.  Apparently one of my (now-former) friends was a banned member here, but still lurked here.  He complained to me that I shared the details of my day-to-day life on this message board but didn't bother sharing with him.  So, that coupled with him being mad that I didn't show up for his radio shows anymore, more or less put our friendship into dire straits (so much so that he had the power to change my board name (from the other board) from Patty to Fatty.)  So that was something I don't regret losing.

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/15 at 10:35 am

I followed Whistledog here from another message board that we both were members of.  Funny thing is, at the time, I posted (a lot) on many different boards.  Now, I barely post anywhere, including here.  :-\\

After I followed Jason here, I posted awhile, then stopped for some reason and forgot about the board.  Life goes on and a year later I was searching for the lyrics to some 80s song and bam, re-found the board.

At my post peaking, I actually lost a friendship because of posting here.  Apparently one of my (now-former) friends was a banned member here, but still lurked here.  He complained to me that I shared the details of my day-to-day life on this message board but didn't bother sharing with him.  So, that coupled with him being mad that I didn't show up for his radio shows anymore, more or less put our friendship into dire straits (so much so that he had the power to change my board name (from the other board) from Patty to Fatty.)  So that was something I don't regret losing.

that is someone who was never a friend to begin with!

Written By: violet_shy on 10/07/15 at 10:56 am

I forgot ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/07/15 at 7:53 pm

that is someone who was never a friend to begin with!

Yeah, Kinda what I thought too

Written By: 80sfan on 10/07/15 at 8:17 pm

The reasons are not appropriate for this website.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/08/15 at 1:53 am

I found this site on in the 1980s almost 7 years ago this December 5 and I couldn't be happier that I did find it.

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/15 at 8:20 am

Why not?

Because they are personal and not something he wants to divulge. 

Respect his need privacy for Howard.

Written By: Howard on 10/08/15 at 8:29 am

Because they are personal and not something he wants to divulge. 

Respect his need privacy for Howard.

Sorry I won't go any further.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/08/15 at 9:17 am

Sorry I won't go any further.

It's not for the family audiences.  8)

Written By: Arrowstone on 10/08/15 at 12:44 pm

I can't remember this..

Written By: Ripley on 10/16/15 at 9:20 am

I was just looking for something nostalgic and came across this.  It was quit a while before actually created and account and joined in the fun. 

Check for new replies or respond here...