inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: June 2013 Is Bustin' Out All Over

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/13 at 2:50 pm

I'm surprised no one started a new thread yet-so here it is.

Go for it!

Cat

Subject: Re: June 2013 Is Bustin' Out All Over

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/13 at 3:16 pm

MAN OF STEEL JUNE 14!!!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/13 at 5:02 pm

MAN OF STEEL JUNE 14!!!!!

That is my sister's birthday.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 05/31/13 at 5:26 pm

NEW JOB June 10th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/13 at 6:17 pm

YAY!!!!

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/13 at 6:27 pm

Yay!!!! Also on may 10 I see my friend Dom (from Canada) and the cast from pretty little liars....and major crimes season 2 starts.  So it's a good day all around!  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 05/31/13 at 6:45 pm

Yay!!!! Also on may 10 I see my friend Dom (from Canada) and the cast from pretty little liars....and major crimes season 2 starts.  So it's a good day all around!  ;)

YAY!

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/13 at 6:53 pm

Obviously I meant jun not may lol

Written By: warped on 05/31/13 at 7:43 pm

This is great news. I hope it works out for you so well!

Written By: warped on 05/31/13 at 7:44 pm

Yay! Guys from Canada are so great!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/31/13 at 8:01 pm

Congratulations. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/31/13 at 8:02 pm

Summer starts in 4 weeks.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/31/13 at 9:17 pm

Whoohoo!

Written By: nally on 05/31/13 at 11:08 pm

I'm excited for ya.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/13 at 12:57 am

"White Rabbit"

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/01/13 at 1:32 am

I'm surprised no one started a new thread yet-so here it is.

I'm surprised no one referred to the Ivor Biggun song with those lyrics, so here it is.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/01/13 at 4:11 am

End of the month I and my darling husband and several of his friends are going to be in a zombie movie.  It is being made by a local guy who won a contest for a short film called "The Other side".  Previously it was a 6-minute short, he won first place in a local zombie film contest and now is making it into a full 2-hour movie.
I don't know what my part will be in it.  I have not seen a script.  My hubby really wanted to be in it, so I am supporting him.  Hopefully it will be fun or at least interesting.

Written By: karen on 06/01/13 at 4:32 am

^Sounds like fun Patty.

Congrats on the new job Dag.

I know snoz will have fun at the various events planned for this month.

Happy birthday to Cat's sister for later this month.

Elizabeth and James are at scout camp this weekend.

I've just been tidying my bedroom and putting away clothes.  Plus getting rid of some that I haven't worn for ages.

A couple of weeks ago I finally got round to looking through the suitcase my dad had that was full of mum's (and grandma's) jewellery.  I've decided to keep some of it but I sent a lot to a charity shop (mostly costume stuff).  Just need to find a place to store the stuff I want to keep.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/01/13 at 5:43 am

Rabbit Rabbit White Rabbit

Written By: Howard on 06/01/13 at 7:21 am

End of the month I and my darling husband and several of his friends are going to be in a zombie movie.  It is being made by a local guy who won a contest for a short film called "The Other side".  Previously it was a 6-minute short, he won first place in a local zombie film contest and now is making it into a full 2-hour movie.
I don't know what my part will be in it.  I have not seen a script.  My hubby really wanted to be in it, so I am supporting him.  Hopefully it will be fun or at least interesting.

sounds fun.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/01/13 at 9:48 am

Way cool. Something I always wanted to do-be in a movie-not necessarily a zombie movie.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/13 at 10:51 am

You know I want a copy of this right!!!!  8)

That's awesome! O0

Is the short avail online??

Written By: ninny on 06/01/13 at 11:47 am

That is good news.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/01/13 at 12:02 pm

That is good news.

It is.  Just have to get through this week. 

Gonna be tough, though.  Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I am going to be training my replacement.  It should be interesting.  I have a couple of employees that are very negative and they aimed some of it at her.  Oh well, the choice was the bosses not mine.  I agree with the choice though.  One of the negative nellies would have been good for the job in that she is reliable and knows the work.  The only problem is her attitude.  She sits in her corner and doesn't say a word.  I get dirty looks because she doesn't agree with my style of supervising.  The boss is afraid her attitude would scare off new employees, she is not very approachable which is not good when you are training and trying to make people feel welcome.  The lady that got the job is reliable, good at the job and very friendly. 

Thursday is my last day and it will be very emotional.  I have been emotional about it all as it is.  I have been there 18 years.  Sarah made the perfect analogy yesterday.  It is like I am finally an adult and leaving the nest.  :D

Then, the worst?  Friday I am taking Sarah to get her learner's permit.  EEEEEEK!

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/13 at 1:37 pm

Eeeek indeed....isn't she still 12?  :D

That leaving the nest thing is a great analogy.
Hope the 'real world' treats you well  :)

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/01/13 at 5:41 pm

You know I want a copy of this right!!!!  8)

That's awesome! O0

Is the short avail online??

I want a copy too  :P

Written By: Dagwood on 06/01/13 at 7:20 pm

Eeeek indeed....isn't she still 12?  :D

That leaving the nest thing is a great analogy.
Hope the 'real world' treats you well  :)

I wish she was still 12. 

It was a great analogy.  She just popped up with it on the way to the store.  Sometimes I think of her as my baby then she pops up with something like that and I realize she is growing up. :(

Written By: Howard on 06/01/13 at 8:16 pm

next Saturday will mark 18 years since my brother's passing.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 06/01/13 at 8:17 pm

It is.  Just have to get through this week. 

Gonna be tough, though.  Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I am going to be training my replacement.  It should be interesting.  I have a couple of employees that are very negative and they aimed some of it at her.  Oh well, the choice was the bosses not mine.  I agree with the choice though.  One of the negative nellies would have been good for the job in that she is reliable and knows the work.  The only problem is her attitude.  She sits in her corner and doesn't say a word.  I get dirty looks because she doesn't agree with my style of supervising.  The boss is afraid her attitude would scare off new employees, she is not very approachable which is not good when you are training and trying to make people feel welcome.  The lady that got the job is reliable, good at the job and very friendly. 

Thursday is my last day and it will be very emotional.  I have been emotional about it all as it is.  I have been there 18 years.  Sarah made the perfect analogy yesterday.  It is like I am finally an adult and leaving the nest.  :D

Then, the worst?  Friday I am taking Sarah to get her learner's permit.  EEEEEEK!

Are you going to get a party? ???

Written By: Dagwood on 06/01/13 at 8:24 pm

Are you going to get a party? ???

Probably not.  Not normal for there. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/02/13 at 6:11 am

Well done!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/02/13 at 9:54 am

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I know it is still hard. I still miss my sister something fierce.

Cat

Written By: warped on 06/02/13 at 12:54 pm

That's so hard for you.  :-\\ 
Hang in there.

Written By: Howard on 06/02/13 at 3:23 pm

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I know it is still hard. I still miss my sister something fierce.

Cat

My Mother still has her moments.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 06/02/13 at 3:24 pm

That's so hard for you.  :-\\ 
Hang in there.

We're all trying, Thanks Warped.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/02/13 at 3:36 pm

Understandable.

Cat

Written By: nally on 06/02/13 at 10:14 pm

I'm sure it's been hard for ya. In August it'll be a year since I lost my paternal grandma, and two years since my dog Chloe had to go. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 06/03/13 at 7:41 am

I'm sure it's been hard for ya. In August it'll be a year since I lost my paternal grandma, and two years since my dog Chloe had to go. :\'(

my condolences.  :\'(

Written By: nally on 06/03/13 at 9:42 am

my condolences.  :\'(

I know; but it's still two months to those anniversaries. :(

Written By: Katluver on 06/03/13 at 10:49 am

Hang in there, Howard.

Written By: snozberries on 06/03/13 at 11:20 am

to everyone who's lost someone.... Death Sucks!

Written By: Howard on 06/03/13 at 2:49 pm

Hang in there, Howard.

Thank You.  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/03/13 at 2:50 pm

I know it sure does.  :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/04/13 at 9:40 am

Dentist appointment today.  8-P  And all those dentist pie charts are very appropriate today.

Cat

Written By: warped on 06/04/13 at 1:46 pm

We live in a high rise apartment. We just got a notice on the weekend that all the balconies in our building must to be renovated and replaced with a closed-in type balcony.

This means lots of drilling through cement, hammering, ripping apart of railings and other construction work noise.  Project is estimated to last 6 months at least.  Oh man this noise will be a nightmare. 

Written By: Howard on 06/04/13 at 2:52 pm

Dentist appointment today.  8-P  And all those dentist pie charts are very appropriate today.

Cat

Is it a regular check-up or something else? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/04/13 at 3:18 pm

Is it a regular check-up or something else? ???

I should rephrase as to say I had a hygienist appointment because the dentist wasn't even there. And it was just a cleaning. And my teeth now feel GREAT! Nice & clean.

Cat

Written By: nally on 06/05/13 at 10:54 am

I know it sure does.  :(

Agreed 100%. :(

Written By: Dagwood on 06/05/13 at 7:11 pm

Second to last day at my current job.  I got a surprise going away party.  My employees bought me roses and gave me a card.  My boss got me another card from everyone and a cake.  Then the big boss came in and told me how much they will miss me and how much I was appreciated.  Yes, I cried. Especially when others talked.  Then the boss threatened to call me every week to make me cry.  Made me laugh.

Tomorrow will be rough, but Monday is a new day and a start on my new path.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/13 at 7:12 pm

Second to last day at my current job.  I got a surprise going away party.  My employees bought me roses and gave me a card.  My boss got me another card from everyone and a cake.  Then the big boss came in and told me how much they will miss me and how much I was appreciated.  Yes, I cried. Especially when others talked.  Then the boss threatened to call me every week to make me cry.  Made me laugh.

It's nice they recognized you...and you thought they wouldn't  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 06/05/13 at 7:18 pm

It's nice they recognized you...and you thought they wouldn't  :)

I honestly didn't.  The last supervisor didn't get anything.  I think her attitude had something to do with it.  She announced her new job to the boss with the attitude of "what will you do for me to keep me" when I knew they couldn't afford more so it would be goodbye.

That and I think they are finally realizing how much I do.  I let the girl who is replacing me do the entire job today while I played the part of obnoxious employee (fun fun).  There were a lot of little things that she missed just because she is new to it.  They were a little shocked that she had to be reminded.  Comes with experience, guys. 

Written By: Howard on 06/05/13 at 7:50 pm

the last day is always the hardest to leave a job for many years. Good Luck with your new position.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/13 at 12:03 am

I honestly didn't.  The last supervisor didn't get anything.  I think her attitude had something to do with it.  She announced her new job to the boss with the attitude of "what will you do for me to keep me" when I knew they couldn't afford more so it would be goodbye.

That and I think they are finally realizing how much I do.  I let the girl who is replacing me do the entire job today while I played the part of obnoxious employee (fun fun).  There were a lot of little things that she missed just because she is new to it.  They were a little shocked that she had to be reminded.  Comes with experience, guys.

Well I'm glad they did it for you.
Love the role playing with trainees.  We get that wtf how did they miss that from the officers too. I gues they expect me to just open the box poof the new person automatically knows how to do it all. Obviously it's soooo simple  ::)

I'm sure she'll do fine and if she doesn't. Oh we'll you'll be gone  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 06/06/13 at 7:24 am

Well I'm glad they did it for you.
Love the role playing with trainees.  We get that wtf how did they miss that from the officers too. I gues they expect me to just open the box poof the new person automatically knows how to do it all. Obviously it's soooo simple  ::)

I'm sure she'll do fine and if she doesn't. Oh we'll you'll be gone  ;)

True ;D

No, she will be fine.  She has been with the company for a long time.  She will catch onto the little things in no time.  It might help when I am not there, standing over her shoulder.  I have been told by all my employees that I make them nervous. :D

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/13 at 8:32 am

True ;D

No, she will be fine.  She has been with the company for a long time.  She will catch onto the little things in no time.  It might help when I am not there, standing over her shoulder.  I have been told by all my employees that I make them nervous. :D

;D

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/06/13 at 3:19 pm

Tomorow is my mom's surgery.  It should be simple, at least that's what she was told.  I will be on here at some point tomorow though. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/06/13 at 3:38 pm

Tomorow is my mom's surgery.  It should be simple, at least that's what she was told.  I will be on here at some point tomorow though.

What is the surgery for?

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 06/06/13 at 6:49 pm

Well, it's over.  I cried, hard.  My boss gave me a good luck present of $100.  I cried.  Most of the day I held it together.  The tears came when I left. 

I am still going to work there tonight and this weekend from home to pad my mid-June paycheck.  It is a long time til July 1.  Then I will help on Mondays, the busy day, until they get more keyers.  This is also a little selfish.  I am worried about what my new checks will look like now that I will have insurance taken out.  I want to make sure it will be enough to live on til October and my house is paid for.

Onward and upward

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/06/13 at 6:54 pm

Well, it's over.  I cried, hard.  My boss gave me a good luck present of $100.  I cried.  Most of the day I held it together.  The tears came when I left. 

I am still going to work there tonight and this weekend from home to pad my mid-June paycheck.  It is a long time til July 1.  Then I will help on Mondays, the busy day, until they get more keyers.  This is also a little selfish.  I am worried about what my new checks will look like now that I will have insurance taken out.  I want to make sure it will be enough to live on til October and my house is paid for.

Onward and upward

New beginnings.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/06/13 at 8:18 pm

hope she is ok.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/13 at 8:18 pm

Onward and upward

time to start a new chapter.

Written By: warped on 06/06/13 at 8:26 pm

Onward and upward

Glad you made it through this tough day.

Let us know how it turns out (and remind us old folks what the surgery was for)

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/06/13 at 9:41 pm

What is the surgery for?

Cat

She's having stomack problems.  Hopefully the surgery will take care of it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/07/13 at 10:32 am

She's having stomack problems.  Hopefully the surgery will take care of it.

Your mother & you are in my thoughts.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 06/07/13 at 12:15 pm

Just got back from the Driver's License Division.  Sarah got her Learner's Permit.  Eeeeek!

Yeah, I cried ;D

Written By: warped on 06/07/13 at 12:57 pm

Just got back from the Driver's License Division.  Sarah got her Learner's Permit.  Eeeeek!

Yeah, I cried ;D

(Looks at map of North America.. Calculates distance in miles between Ontario & Utah...breathes sigh of relief)

I still think it's safe for me to drive.  :D

Kidding Dag, congrats to your daughter of receiving her permit. Child is growing up. Proud mom.  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 06/07/13 at 12:58 pm

(Looks at map of North America.. Calculates distance in miles between Ontario & Utah...breathes sigh of relief)

I still think it's safe for me to drive.  :D

Kidding Dag, congrats to your daughter of receiving her permit. Child is growing up. Proud mom.  :)

Glad you will be safe. :D

Written By: Howard on 06/07/13 at 2:59 pm

Yeah, I cried ;D

congratulations on your daughter.  :)

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/07/13 at 3:36 pm

Yeah, I cried ;D

I bet she's really excited!

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/07/13 at 3:39 pm

Your mother & you are in my thoughts.

Cat

Thank you :)

The surgery is later than expected since other patients surgeries were running late.  It was out patient so she could come home tonight.  But now that its in the evening instead of afternoon she might have to stay there overnight.  I know there is nothing the hospital can do about it but it makes me mad how they have kept re-scheduling it and now its another few hours  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 06/07/13 at 4:13 pm

The surgery is later than expected since other patients surgeries were running late.  It was out patient so she could come home tonight.  But now that its in the evening instead of afternoon she might have to stay there overnight.  I know there is nothing the hospital can do about it but it makes me mad how they have kept re-scheduling it and now its another few hours  :-\\

That sux Hope all goes well tho.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/07/13 at 4:33 pm

That sux Hope all goes well tho.

Thanks Q!  It's nice to have people on here who care  :)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/07/13 at 5:37 pm

My week off from work starts the day after tommorrow(just in time for E3 leaks online).

The buses I take are also changing up their schedules on the 9th(I've been trying to find the 12/13 route updates, but man... they haven't popped up on buses, and yet I've other routes with their updated schedules).

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/07/13 at 7:03 pm

Enjoy your week off!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/08/13 at 5:47 am

hope it works out well.

Written By: Howard on 06/08/13 at 5:48 am

My week off from work starts the day after tommorrow(just in time for E3 leaks online).

The buses I take are also changing up their schedules on the 9th(I've been trying to find the 12/13 route updates, but man... they haven't popped up on buses, and yet I've other routes with their updated schedules).

enjoy your week.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/08/13 at 9:13 am

Special Olympics....Harvard Stadium...Let's see if they get there act together this time and make it an enjoyable time.  The field will be soaked after last nights deluge and they had to cancel quite a few events, but we are in it to win it  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 06/08/13 at 9:15 am

Hope they do it better this time.  Good luck to your young one.  Have a blast. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 06/08/13 at 9:23 am

Hope they do it better this time.  Good luck to your young one.  Have a blast. :)

My youngone kinda got older when I wasn't looking...Now he is 22.......(didn't see that coming  :o )

Written By: Dagwood on 06/08/13 at 10:35 am

My youngone kinda got older when I wasn't looking...Now he is 22.......(didn't see that coming  :o )

Wow, 22?  They do grow up too fast.  He will always be your youngone, though.  My mom still introduces me as "her baby" and I am 42 ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/08/13 at 8:09 pm

Special Olympics....Harvard Stadium...Let's see if they get there act together this time and make it an enjoyable time.  The field will be soaked after last nights deluge and they had to cancel quite a few events, but we are in it to win it  :)

Hope it goes well.

Written By: nally on 06/08/13 at 8:13 pm

the last day is always the hardest to leave a job for many years. Good Luck with your new position.  :)

For me it was hard to leave after only three months (and this was three years ago), because I liked working in this one place. It was fun, the people were great to be around, and I was never bored.

Written By: nally on 06/08/13 at 8:15 pm

A bit late for this...but I hope all has gone well with the operation.

Thanks Q!  It's nice to have people on here who care  :)

Absolutely! :)

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/08/13 at 9:11 pm

A bit late for this...but I hope all has gone well with the operation.

It didn't happen again.  Here is my rant on it: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=35513.msg3043492#msg3043492
But thanks for the comment Jeff  :)

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/08/13 at 10:00 pm

It's nice to have the support of the members here, especially since the friends I once had IRL caused too much drama  :-\\

Written By: nally on 06/09/13 at 12:07 am

It didn't happen again.  Here is my rant on it: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=35513.msg3043492#msg3043492
But thanks for the comment Jeff  :)

No problem Tash. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/09/13 at 12:14 am

My check engine light went on today and then it went off again.  It's like it's teasing me.  I know I'm going to have to spend $350 on engine work next month! 
DOGSBALLS!
>:(

Written By: danootaandme on 06/09/13 at 4:38 am

My check engine light went on today and then it went off again.  It's like it's teasing me.  I know I'm going to have to spend $350 on engine work next month! 
DOGSBALLS!
>:(

it could be that the check engine light is the problem, going on and off when there isn't anything wrong

Written By: danootaandme on 06/09/13 at 4:49 am

Well, my Jacob took the gold in the Javelin at the Massachusetts Special Olympics games in Cambridge.  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 06/09/13 at 8:34 am

Awesome!  Congrats to Jacob! :)

Written By: karen on 06/09/13 at 9:07 am

Well, my Jacob took the gold in the Javelin at the Massachusetts Special Olympics games in Cambridge.  :)

Great job Jacob

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/09/13 at 10:18 am

WAY COOL!!!!! WTG Jake.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/13 at 11:29 am

Yay!

Written By: nally on 06/09/13 at 12:41 pm

WTG!! O0 8)

Written By: Howard on 06/09/13 at 3:46 pm

congratulations to Jacob. :)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/09/13 at 10:08 pm

I got my high-school diploma today :D

Written By: Dagwood on 06/09/13 at 10:12 pm

Congrats! :)

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/13 at 11:05 pm

Wtg blaze!!!!  What's next?

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/09/13 at 11:48 pm

Great job!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/10/13 at 12:01 am

Congratulations and good job Jake! 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/10/13 at 12:02 am

Congratulations Blaze!

Written By: Howard on 06/10/13 at 7:33 am

congratulations.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/10/13 at 10:29 am

Congrats. Next stop, college?

Cat

Written By: Katluver on 06/10/13 at 4:53 pm

Congrats, Blaze!

Written By: nally on 06/10/13 at 7:46 pm

Yay!!! Good work! :) O0 8)

Written By: nally on 06/10/13 at 7:52 pm

Well...today I was busier than ever at the library, due to being there for more hours than ever. So I got lots of work done. This is due to the fact that we only have one car right now (the van, which my mom needed to drive to work today). And this is because the car that I drive needs some serious work done to it. I tried starting it this morning but it wouldn't turn over...so we called Triple-A and had to have it towed to the Toyota dealer. So we'll be without a second car for the next few days. (There's more to this, but I'll explain later.)

Written By: nally on 06/11/13 at 11:12 am

...and now our garage door needs repair; last night it got stuck trying to open. Fortunately for us, one of our neighbors who happens to know how to repair garage doors was walking by, and he helped us out...but more work on that needs to be done.

So this week has gotten off to a rough start for us. ::)

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/11/13 at 11:17 am

...and now our garage door needs repair; last night it got stuck trying to open. Fortunately for us, one of our neighbors who happens to know how to repair garage doors was walking by, and he helped us out...but more work on that needs to be done.

So this week has gotten off to a rough start for us. ::)

When one crappy thing happens another has to be right behind it  >:(

Written By: nally on 06/11/13 at 11:19 am

When one crappy thing happens another has to be right behind it  >:(

Yeah, so for now we're parking our minivan in our driveway.

My mom is also researching the possibility of getting another car (possibly a used one not more than 3 years old), because our 21 1/2 year old Camry will cost at least $2,300 to fix.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/11/13 at 12:53 pm

Yeah, so for now we're parking our minivan in our driveway.

My mom is also researching the possibility of getting another car (possibly a used one not more than 3 years old), because our 21 1/2 year old Camry will cost at least $2,300 to fix.

It's had that many great years it would surely be sad to let it go.  It will also be nice to have a newer one.  ;)

Written By: nally on 06/11/13 at 7:06 pm

Btw, our garage door is now fixed. So that's one thing repaired. :)

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/11/13 at 11:14 pm

Btw, our garage door is now fixed. So that's one thing repaired. :)

That's great  ;)

Written By: Katluver on 06/12/13 at 4:04 pm

I found out yesterday that a friend of a friend, who has been diagnosed with cancer is off chemo because nothing has been working for her. They expect her to live for only 1-3 more months. She is only in her 20s. I prayed for her last night, and am sending out a prayer request.

Written By: snozberries on 06/12/13 at 4:09 pm

I found out yesterday that a friend of a friend, who has been diagnosed with cancer is off chemo because nothing has been working for her. They expect her to live for only 1-3 more months. She is only in her 20s. I prayed for her last night, and am sending out a prayer request.

cancer sux.... I hate cancer.  >:(

Written By: warped on 06/12/13 at 4:34 pm

cancer sux.... I hate cancer.  >:(

http://nightmaircreative.com/letsdance/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/fcancer.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 06/12/13 at 5:13 pm

Nothing anyone can say to that....been there.... :(

Written By: nally on 06/12/13 at 6:05 pm

That's great  ;)

Thanks.

Also...last nite we decided to look at a used car at a nearby car dealership (my mom had been doing some research at the Carfax website), namely a 2007 Altima with 80,000 miles on it and a good maintenance record. So we test-drove it and decided in favor of buying it. So then the guy at the dealer who showed us the car helped us with all the paperwork and necessary stuff...and we drove it off the lot (something we expected not to do until later in the week). As for our 21 1/2 year old camry with 280,000+ miles on it, we have decided to part ways with it...so it's the end of an era. :( My mom has been making some important phone calls this afternoon regarding all this. So what we will need to do (most likely tomorrow) is go to the Toyota dealer and retrieve all our stuff from it (the Triple-A tow truck took it there on Monday morning) and have it donated.

Written By: nally on 06/12/13 at 6:06 pm

So sad. :\'( :\'( :\'( You will be in my thoughts.

Agreed! >:(

Written By: Howard on 06/12/13 at 6:41 pm

My prayer goes out to that friend.  :(

Written By: Dagwood on 06/12/13 at 7:40 pm

Praying and I am so sorry. {{hugs}}

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/12/13 at 10:05 pm

I'm sorry  :\'(

I agree

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/12/13 at 10:06 pm

Thanks.

Also...last nite we decided to look at a used car at a nearby car dealership (my mom had been doing some research at the Carfax website), namely a 2007 Altima with 80,000 miles on it and a good maintenance record. So we test-drove it and decided in favor of buying it. So then the guy at the dealer who showed us the car helped us with all the paperwork and necessary stuff...and we drove it off the lot (something we expected not to do until later in the week). As for our 21 1/2 year old camry with 280,000+ miles on it, we have decided to part ways with it...so it's the end of an era. :( My mom has been making some important phone calls this afternoon regarding all this. So what we will need to do (most likely tomorrow) is go to the Toyota dealer and retrieve all our stuff from it (the Triple-A tow truck took it there on Monday morning) and have it donated.

It's good you have a 2007 newer car.  Hope for this one lasting 21 1/2 years too?  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 06/12/13 at 11:51 pm

Thanks everyone for your prayers. My father is fine, it's that he needs more of his Nutren 1.5 thru his tube feeding. You see he can't eat, but thanks to modern technology he can live. In December 1996, my father had surgery where doctors made a hole close to his stomach so that he can put Ensure or Nutren 1.5 through his tube. His esophagus can't work that's why he needs tube feeding.

I'm so happy!

-Peace-

Written By: nally on 06/13/13 at 12:00 am

It's good you have a 2007 newer car.  Hope for this one lasting 21 1/2 years too?  :)

Well...I don't necessarily see this one lasting until 2028, lol. ;) It's not a Toyota, but we've heard good things about Nissan Altimas. We even rented one once...back in 2007.

Written By: warped on 06/13/13 at 6:31 am

Thanks everyone for your prayers. My father is fine, it's that he needs more of his Nutren 1.5 thru his tube feeding. You see he can't eat, but thanks to modern technology he can live. In December 1996, my father had surgery where doctors made a hole close to his stomach so that he can put Ensure or Nutren 1.5 through his tube. His esophagus can't work that's why he needs tube feeding.

I'm so happy!

-Peace-

Yay!

Written By: Howard on 06/13/13 at 8:17 am

I'm so happy!

-Peace-

that's good news.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 06/13/13 at 3:29 pm

Prayers.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/13/13 at 3:31 pm

Thanks everyone for their thoughts or meditations about father.

-80sfan-

Written By: Katluver on 06/13/13 at 3:39 pm

Thanks everyone for responding to my prayer request.

Written By: warped on 06/13/13 at 3:52 pm

I didn't read this until now, so I will pray as well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/13/13 at 4:06 pm

(((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: nally on 06/13/13 at 8:02 pm

Thanks everyone for their thoughts or meditations about father.

-80sfan-

Glad we could be of help. :)

Written By: nally on 06/14/13 at 1:50 pm

Car was donated this morning; the folks from this charity we're donating it to came to the Toyota dealer and took it away. But before they did that, we got all our belongings out of it and put them in the car we're keeping. And then when we got home we called our insurance company to take the camry off our insurance policy. So like I said a few days ago, it's the end of an era.

By the way, yesterday I practiced driving in the new(er) car and felt confident, although it will take some time for me to get accustomed to it. Driving in one car is different than driving in another car, because they are made differently and hence handle differently.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/14/13 at 7:19 pm

First week at the new job down the rest of my life to go.

I think I am going to enjoy it.  I am dreading the day one of my lawyers has a bad day, though.  I have already been warned that she can be a real biotch when you cross her.  I have just been doing what I can to keep her pleased so when she is grumpy it won't be aimed at me.  So far she has been nothing but nice, even when telling me I did something wrong.  I am wondering if she sees me as a true newbie (no real experience which is the case) and is thinking I can be molded into the kind of secretary she wants.  I am fine with that.  Since she is the most difficult to please of my three attorneys, I figure if I can keep her pleased the other two will be a breeze.  So far they seem very nice as well and they have a good rep amongst the secretaries. 

So glad I made this switch.

Written By: Howard on 06/14/13 at 8:07 pm

I think I am going to enjoy it.  I am dreading the day one of my lawyers has a bad day, though.  I have already been warned that she can be a real biotch when you cross her.  I have just been doing what I can to keep her pleased so when she is grumpy it won't be aimed at me.  So far she has been nothing but nice, even when telling me I did something wrong.  I am wondering if she sees me as a true newbie (no real experience which is the case) and is thinking I can be molded into the kind of secretary she wants.  I am fine with that.  Since she is the most difficult to please of my three attorneys, I figure if I can keep her pleased the other two will be a breeze.  So far they seem very nice as well and they have a good rep amongst the secretaries. 

glad things are going well.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 06/14/13 at 9:00 pm

That's awesome dag!!! Happy end of week one!!!

Hope you manage to stay on the good side of that one atty

Written By: Dagwood on 06/14/13 at 9:12 pm

That's awesome dag!!! Happy end of week one!!!

Hope you manage to stay on the good side of that one atty

Thanks.  Me too. :D

Written By: nally on 06/15/13 at 3:27 pm

Thanks.  Me too. :D

What Howard and Snoz said. :)

Written By: karen on 06/15/13 at 3:35 pm

Glad to hear you had a great first week Dag

Good news on the new car nally.  Being comfortable with driving different makes/models of car is a good skill to have.

I was Morris dancing today at a local show.  I was a little behind schedule getting ready when I had a phone call to say our dance time had changed to an hour later.  Talk about a last minute change of plan - our musician was just about to leave his house when he got the call.

Anyway we managed to dodge the rain showers thankfully and we had quite a good audience for our first set.  Later on people were just stopping to watch one dance and then moving on.  It probably didn't help that the PA system was booming out various disco numbers at the same time.  ::)

Tomorrow James is doing his first karate kata competition.  No idea what's involved as we had the invitation to enter the day after the practice session had been held!

Written By: nally on 06/16/13 at 6:12 pm

Glad to hear you had a great first week Dag

Good news on the new car nally.  Being comfortable with driving different makes/models of car is a good skill to have.

Yep, I strongly agree. In fact, I'll have to drive one of them this week...by myself...so that I can go places. I am insured to drive them both now; my mom made sure of that when she called our insurance company last week to discuss this transition.

Tomorrow James is doing his first karate kata competition.  No idea what's involved as we had the invitation to enter the day after the practice session had been held!

Well I wish him all the best of luck with that. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 06/16/13 at 6:48 pm

We got my sister into elderly housing, but now we have to clean out the house and what a farking mess that place is.  I spray myself with flea and tick spray before we go in, and carry my asthma spray because the air is to stale.  She was a hoarder and had too much stuff and the place is a mess, but luckily I have Sig who is unmerciful when it comes to throwing stuff away and we just go in and get rid of it.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 06/16/13 at 7:00 pm

We got my sister into elderly housing, but now we have to clean out the house and what a farking mess that place is.  I spray myself with flea and tick spray before we go in, and carry my asthma spray because the air is to stale.  She was a hoarder and had too much stuff and the place is a mess, but luckily I have Sig who is unmerciful when it comes to throwing stuff away and we just go in and get rid of it.  :-\\

(((((Hugs)))))) that's such a tough thing to have to do.  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 06/16/13 at 8:19 pm

I had to do that with my dad.  I feel for you.  I am glad you aren't stuck doing it by yourself. {{hugs}}

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/16/13 at 9:48 pm

Went to see a ballet (Cinderella) that my step-son help choreograph. His best friend was the guest dancer as Prince Charming (which he is). Afterwards, we all went out to dinner. Got to see two of the grandkids. It is ALWAYS wonderful to see all of them. 

Cat

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/16/13 at 10:34 pm

Went to see a ballet (Cinderella) that my step-son help choreograph. His best friend was the guest dancer as Prince Charming (which he is). Afterwards, we all went out to dinner. Got to see two of the grandkids. It is ALWAYS wonderful to see all of them. 

Cat

I love ballet  :)

Written By: nally on 06/16/13 at 11:25 pm

Yep, I strongly agree. In fact, I'll have to drive one of them this week...by myself...so that I can go places. I am insured to drive them both now; my mom made sure of that when she called our insurance company last week to discuss this transition.

And this evening (~6pm) I did some practice driving in the van (with my dad in the car with me). I felt confident about it; I will likely have to drive this car to the library tomorrow because my mom is going to drive the other car to the courthouse for jury duty.

Written By: nally on 06/17/13 at 12:16 am

Also...my dad also had a nice Father's Day. We took him out to Buca Di Beppo for a special meal, and had to take some of our food home because the portions are so large; we'll make a meal out of the leftovers tomorrow.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/13 at 2:10 am

My Father's Day started early on Saturday by going to see "Behind The Candelabra" at the cinema, Sunday was spent with the family viewing "Man of Steel" again at a different cinema and touring around London viewing tourist spots.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/17/13 at 6:14 am

My Father's Day started early on Saturday by going to see "Behind The Candelabra" at the cinema, Sunday was spent with the family viewing "Man of Steel" again at a different cinema and touring around London viewing tourist spots.

Superman must have been the thing to do for Fathers Day, I know at least 3 dads who did that.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/13 at 6:17 am

Superman must have been the thing to do for Fathers Day, I know at least 3 dads who did that.  :)
Yes indeed, both (in my case) the father (me) and son have always liked Superman, and I can remember reading (and still have somewhere) the DC Comics from the 60's and 70's.

Written By: Howard on 06/17/13 at 7:33 am

Cat

Nice.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/17/13 at 9:50 am

I love ballet  :)

So do I. I have studied it way back in the dark ages. My step-son was in a few ballet companies but now he teaches. I took a couple of classes from him and lived to tell the tale.  :D ;D ;D ;D  I really should grab my ballet shoes and take another class or 5.

Cat

Written By: Katluver on 06/17/13 at 9:56 am

I like ballet but it doesn't like me back...

Written By: snozberries on 06/17/13 at 9:56 am

So do I. I have studied it way back in the dark ages. My step-son was in a few ballet companies but now he teaches. I took a couple of classes from him and lived to tell the tale.  :D ;D ;D ;D  I really should grab my ballet shoes and take another class or 5.

Cat

I'm not a fan but I can appreciate your appreciation of it.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/17/13 at 11:25 am

Going up north to see my youngest step-daughter. I just found out that my step-son & his family will be there, too. Wow, seeing them two days in a row. I know 3 grandkids will be there but there could be 4.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 06/17/13 at 11:38 am

Going up north to see my youngest step-daughter. I just found out that my step-son & his family will be there, too. Wow, seeing them two days in a row. I know 3 grandkids will be there but there could be 4.

Cat

have a great visit!

Written By: warped on 06/17/13 at 4:53 pm

Cat

North...to Canada?  ;D

have a super time.

Written By: karen on 06/17/13 at 5:05 pm

The usual shambles in organisation, but James had fun.  He didn't make it past the first round in either the kata (demonstrating a string of karate moves in a set pattern) or the sparring competition.

Tonight was spent helping Elizabeth make cupcakes for tomorrow (she forgot to do it over the weekend), failing to cook dinner (my lovely husband stepped in to help), taking James to his canoeing lesson, eating dinner, clearing up, fetching James and his friend, then Elizabeth and her friend, finishing the cupcakes and clearing up.

Busy last few weeks of term, especially since this is James's last year at this school so there's all the special leavers concerts etc and the 'welcome to your new school' events.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/17/13 at 6:01 pm

North...to Canada?  ;D

have a super time.

Actually, we were closer to Canada yesterday-had dinner in St. Albans. Today we had linner? (lunch/dinner) in Burlington. And it was a great time. 4 grandkids & two step-kids (without spouses). We ate a a cafe where you order & pick up your food (no real waitstaff). When we were done eating and packing up to go, the steps were putting the kids in the strollers, & Carlos was in the men's room. Step-daughter was with her 2 kids on one side of the table, Step-son was with his two kids on the other, and I was standing in between when this guy comes and sat at the table.  ???  We thought it was kind of bizarre. There were other tables. The fact that there were 4 kids which meant it was a bit messy after we got up-but he didn't seem to mind it. I also noticed as we were heading out of the place, the guy did get up from the table.

Cat

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/17/13 at 7:39 pm

Glad you had a nice time Cat  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/17/13 at 8:18 pm

Cat

enjoy your visit.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/18/13 at 9:39 am

Busy day today:

11:00:  Meet with the listers at the new house so they can adjust the taxes on it-i.e. lower it because right now it is not worth much since it is really inhabitable.

After meeting with the listers: Head to the barn to check out "stuff" for tomorrow's auction.

1:00: Meet with a geothermal guy at the new house to get an estimate on what it will cost to put in geothermal heating-i.e. A LOT!!! CHA CHING!!!

3:00: Go to the farm to pick up our weekly produce.

Luckily all of this is within 10 miles apart (the barn & the farm are about 5 miles from here in either direction). And of course the house is one block over. We could walk but we are going to take the car because it is VERY wet out right now.

Cat

Written By: warped on 06/19/13 at 1:19 pm

Actually, we were closer to Canada yesterday-had dinner in St. Albans. Today we had linner? (lunch/dinner) in Burlington. And it was a great time. 4 grandkids & two step-kids (without spouses). We ate a a cafe where you order & pick up your food (no real waitstaff). When we were done eating and packing up to go, the steps were putting the kids in the strollers, & Carlos was in the men's room. Step-daughter was with her 2 kids on one side of the table, Step-son was with his two kids on the other, and I was standing in between when this guy comes and sat at the table.  ???  We thought it was kind of bizarre. There were other tables. The fact that there were 4 kids which meant it was a bit messy after we got up-but he didn't seem to mind it. I also noticed as we were heading out of the place, the guy did get up from the table.

Cat

St Albans?  :o that's pretty close.

Written By: warped on 06/19/13 at 1:28 pm

I've never mentioned this here but my S-I-L in Hong Kong has cancer, it was diagnosed about 2 years ago. Back then she was given about a year to live.  She was supposed to come visit us this June but after all her chemo treatments and loss of weight & hair, her body was pretty fragile. She decided to make a point and come anyways (visit family/friends for the last time)  but she fell down and bruised her hip 3 weeks ago, so the visit here and to USA is delayed.   

Now just last week we found out that she received letters from their government that she hasn't done her taxes in two years (She thought she'd be dead last year, so she didn't bother).  She also owns a company and has to do her corporate taxes too. She was gonna get together with the VP of her company to figure out what to do for the corporate taxes, be we got a call on Tuesday that he just died of a stroke last weekend.

I feel very bad for that VP and his family as well, but my S-I-L's life is the shyts right now.  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/19/13 at 1:48 pm

I've never mentioned this here but my S-I-L in Hong Kong has cancer, it was diagnosed about 2 years ago. Back then she was given about a year to live.  She was supposed to come visit us this June but after all her chemo treatments and loss of weight & hair, her body was pretty fragile. She decided to make a point and come anyways (visit family/friends for the last time)  but she fell down and bruised her hip 3 weeks ago, so the visit here and to USA is delayed.   

Now just last week we found out that she received letters from their government that she hasn't done her taxes in two years (She thought she'd be dead last year, so she didn't bother).  She also owns a company and has to do her corporate taxes too. She was gonna get together with the VP of her company to figure out what to do for the corporate taxes, be we got a call on Tuesday that he just died of a stroke last weekend.

I feel very bad for that VP and his family as well, but my S-I-L's life is the shyts right now.  :-\\

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

St Albans?  :o that's pretty close.

I know it is pretty close to Canada but how close is that from you?

I posted this pic when we were up in St. Albans last summer.

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww64/CatwomanofV/089.jpg

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/19/13 at 1:51 pm

Auction tonight.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: warped on 06/19/13 at 2:27 pm

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I know it is pretty close to Canada but how close is that from you?

I posted this pic when we were up in St. Albans last summer.

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww64/CatwomanofV/089.jpg

Cat

Thanks.  :)

I'd say it's about 7 hours away from us. St Albans.  A long way.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/19/13 at 2:39 pm

I'd say it's about 7 hours away from us. St Albans.  A long way.

And we are about 3 hours from St. Albans.

Cat

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/19/13 at 5:04 pm

Hugs from me too.  I hope things will get better for her.

Written By: Howard on 06/20/13 at 7:54 am

my condolences.  :(

Written By: nally on 06/20/13 at 4:37 pm

Seconded. :(

Written By: nally on 06/20/13 at 4:39 pm

So the past couple days have been busy for me, doing volunteer work. Still tryin' to find actual paid work, which I'm sure will turn up at some point.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/21/13 at 4:56 am

Happy Summer Solstice everyone!

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/MapleBaebe/Midsummer/SummerSolstice.png

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4650144967361187&pid=15.1

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/21/13 at 5:05 am

So the past couple days have been busy for me, doing volunteer work. Still tryin' to find actual paid work, which I'm sure will turn up at some point.

Have you thought about starting your own business, such as, delivering groceries to the elderly or since you are tidy, maybe you can look into an office or home cleaning business?  Until something better comes along?

Written By: Howard on 06/21/13 at 7:01 am

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/MapleBaebe/Midsummer/SummerSolstice.png

I have a feeling it's going to be a very hot Summer again. 8-P

Written By: karen on 06/21/13 at 11:28 am

Sasha, one of the other technicians at work, had her last day today.  Her husband got a job in Australia so she is moving out there next weekend.  Made today a bit of a weird day with various leaving presentations etc.  Then the interviewees come in on Monday.

Tomorrow I am morris dancing in a town a couple of hours drive west of here.  There will be several group meeting up for a day of dance.  annoyingly I just spotted in the local paper that there is going to be a day of dance here in town!  I think they must belong to a different federation to us (I keep out of the politics of the thing)

Written By: nally on 06/21/13 at 11:39 am

Have you thought about starting your own business, such as, delivering groceries to the elderly or since you are tidy, maybe you can look into an office or home cleaning business?  Until something better comes along?

Not sure if I can do that. :-\\

Yay!!! :D

Written By: warped on 06/21/13 at 11:42 am

And we are about 3 hours from St. Albans.

Cat

The quickest way to get to where we are is probably not through St Albans, but go south west to Rochester and then through Buffalo and to Canada.

Written By: warped on 06/21/13 at 11:43 am

Hugs from me too.  I hope things will get better for her.

Thanks Tash.

Seconded. :(

Thanks Howard and Nally but it wasn't my S-I-L who died, it was the VP of the company whom I don't know.

Written By: nally on 06/21/13 at 11:46 am

Thanks Tash.

Thanks Howard and Nally but it wasn't my S-I-L who died, it was the VP of the company whom I don't know.

Even so...

Written By: warped on 06/21/13 at 11:46 am

Even so...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/21/13 at 11:49 am

The quickest way to get to where we are is probably not through St Albans, but go south west to Rochester and then through Buffalo and to Canada.

As you know, we are going to be heading west in a few months. We are hoping to get our passports within the next week or so.  ;)

Cat

Written By: warped on 06/21/13 at 11:54 am

As you know, we are going to be heading west in a few months. We are hoping to get our passports within the next week or so.  ;)

Cat

It's gonna be a fun trip for you two.. If you are gonna go through Canada at any point, fill up your car with gas before you cross the border to Canada, price of gas is cheaper in the US.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/21/13 at 12:38 pm

It's gonna be a fun trip for you two.. If you are gonna go through Canada at any point, fill up your car with gas before you cross the border to Canada, price of gas is cheaper in the US.  :)

The van doesn't take gas, it takes diesel. I'm sure diesel is probably more expensive there, too.

Cat

Written By: warped on 06/21/13 at 2:57 pm

The van doesn't take gas, it takes diesel. I'm sure diesel is probably more expensive there, too.

Cat

It's about (if I converted to gallons)  $4.40 a gallon Canadian.  the American $ and Canadian $ are pretty close so that should give you an indication.

Written By: Howard on 06/21/13 at 8:11 pm

Cat

have a good trip.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/21/13 at 9:41 pm

Have fun on your trip Cat and Carlos!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/22/13 at 10:30 am

Thanks but we aren't leaving for about a month & a half.

Today, we are going to go to the next town over since they are having a town-wide yard sale. Then we are going to the new old house to search for a fireplace. Look for the next video soon.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/22/13 at 6:34 pm

We found a fireplace today. Video coming soon.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/22/13 at 6:45 pm

Cat

Sweet  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/22/13 at 8:06 pm

Cat

Wonderful.  :)

Written By: nally on 06/23/13 at 5:06 pm

Cat

Nice. O0

Written By: Katluver on 06/23/13 at 8:01 pm

Sad news about the girl with cancer that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. She has passed away. She went off chemo just a few weeks ago, and was told that she would only have a month to three to live. She didn't even make it to a month. At least she didn't have to go through all that suffering, but I feel bad for the family. Thank you to everybody who prayed.

RIP, Irina.

Written By: warped on 06/24/13 at 6:48 am

Sad news about the girl with cancer that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. She has passed away. She went off chemo just a few weeks ago, and was told that she would only have a month to three to live. She didn't even make it to a month. At least she didn't have to go through all that suffering, but I feel bad for the family. Thank you to everybody who prayed.

RIP, Irina.

Sorry to hear the news.

:\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/24/13 at 9:10 am

RIP, Irina.

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/24/13 at 9:11 am

Busy day. Closing on the loan, applying for passports, & buying new glasses.

Cat

Written By: nally on 06/24/13 at 9:57 am

RIP, Irina.

Sorry to hear this news. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 06/24/13 at 4:37 pm

RIP, Irina.

sorry about that.  :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 06/25/13 at 12:00 am

RIP, Irina.

this is sad news

Written By: danootaandme on 06/25/13 at 5:49 pm

RIP, Irina.

Been there9a couple of times).  Sorry, so so sorry 

Written By: danootaandme on 06/25/13 at 5:54 pm

Yesterday I parked my car on the street.  Sig and I went out to do a few things, when we came back there was a note on my windshield.  The postman(woman) had backed up into my driver side door.  Mind you I am at the end of a dead end and the UPS and Fedex guys come down and back around all the time, there is lots and lots of room and she had one of those small postal jeeps.  My next door neighbor saw it and said he couldn't believe it.  Anyway, at least it is the post office.  Before I had returned they had already sent an accident investigator to see what had happened, then called me with all the information I needed to get it fixed. 

Written By: Katluver on 06/25/13 at 6:48 pm

Thanks for your condolences.
I couldn't make it to the wake or funeral.
The main reason is because I live across the country, and seats are expensive along with the short duration of the trip. I still would have been able to afford it so now I regret not going.
On a positive note, she didn't have to suffer too long (she was diagnosed back in October and went off the chemo a few weeks ago), but I feel really sad for her one-year-old son.

Written By: Katluver on 06/25/13 at 6:50 pm

Yesterday I parked my car on the street.  Sig and I went out to do a few things, when we came back there was a note on my windshield.  The postman(woman) had backed up into my driver side door.  Mind you I am at the end of a dead end and the UPS and Fedex guys come down and back around all the time, there is lots and lots of room and she had one of those small postal jeeps.  My next door neighbor saw it and said he couldn't believe it.  Anyway, at least it is the post office.  Before I had returned they had already sent an accident investigator to see what had happened, then called me with all the information I needed to get it fixed.

That sucks. I would still be rather ticked off if that happened to me.

Written By: snozberries on 06/25/13 at 7:44 pm

Mmmmm 36 hr day.  Those of you in FB are aware but those not

Woke up at 6am on Monday. Decided to take a mental health day tho boss was accommodating. At noon I found out they needed me to cover graves  tho....

Tried to sleep...failed miserably.

Called the court and found out I had jury duty on Tuesday at 8am

Went to work Monday night at 930pm (after being awake all day)
Got off work at 0730 Tuesday and went to the courthouse.

Sat around until 345pm (when they finally called me) because its a criminal case andbc of  the job I do the judge dismissed me.  ::)  I coulda told them that at 10am when I saw the kinda case it was. 

Now I rest (and hopefully sleep) then up at 530 am to work tomorrow day shift.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/26/13 at 5:29 am

My neighbor is failing.  He is 90years old and was graced by very good health and a long life.  A few weeks ago they found a brain tumor, metastacized.  His wife opted to keep him home(she is 70), it hasn't been easy, he has been acting erratically. Yesterday he became frail and she was advised to call the kids(his).  :(

Written By: Howard on 06/26/13 at 7:07 am

Was your car damaged hard?  ???

Written By: Howard on 06/26/13 at 7:08 am

My neighbor is failing.  He is 90years old and was graced by very good health and a long life.  A few weeks ago they found a brain tumor, metastacized.  His wife opted to keep him home(she is 70), it hasn't been easy, he has been acting erratically. Yesterday he became frail and she was advised to call the kids(his).  :(

sorry to hear the sad news.  :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/26/13 at 9:46 am

Woke up at 6am on Monday. Decided to take a mental health day tho boss was accommodating. At noon I found out they needed me to cover graves  tho....

Sat around until 345pm (when they finally called me) because its a criminal case andbc of  the job I do the judge dismissed me.  ::)  I coulda told them that at 10am when I saw the kinda case it was. 

(((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/26/13 at 7:22 pm

I hope you got the rest and sleep you needed  :(

Written By: snozberries on 06/26/13 at 8:15 pm

I hope you got the rest and sleep you needed  :(

Thx.

Sadly I did not.
I sat down to watch Rizzoli & isles but I kept drifting off so it took me 2 1/2 hrs to get thru it  them I watched perception no problem... Finally dragged my sorry ass to bed after I got my house hunters fix in. It was midnight before I officially fell asleep then I woke up at 6.

Maybe ill sleep better tonight

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/27/13 at 10:20 am

Thx.

Sadly I did not.
I sat down to watch Rizzoli & isles but I kept drifting off so it took me 2 1/2 hrs to get thru it  them I watched perception no problem... Finally dragged my sorry ass to bed after I got my house hunters fix in. It was midnight before I officially fell asleep then I woke up at 6.

Maybe ill sleep better tonight

I never sleep well when I am overtired.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 06/27/13 at 11:36 am

I never sleep well when I am overtired.

Cat

yeah...you get to the point where you're so tired that  you're wide awake...

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/27/13 at 1:02 pm

I ran my wheels off this week. Drove from KC to Oakland and back and totaled over 3700 miles in 6 days. 

I earned the rubber duck this week.  8)

Written By: snozberries on 06/27/13 at 4:56 pm

I ran my wheels off this week. Drove from KC to Oakland and back and totaled over 3700 miles in 6 days. 

I earned the rubber duck this week.  8)

DDDDAMMMMNNNN!!!  :o

When I was a kid I thought it'd be so cool to be a trucker... you get to drive all the time and see lots of different places... then I grew up and started driving long distances.... that's when I began to realize what a stupid kid I was  :D

Written By: Howard on 06/27/13 at 4:57 pm

have you been taking 5 hour energy?

Written By: snozberries on 06/27/13 at 5:02 pm

have you been taking 5 hour energy?

once but I didn't like the taste of it

Written By: valleyroads on 06/27/13 at 6:02 pm

I've been having internet connection issues, family issues & other things keeping me off the internets or out of Inthe00s (as well as now having a girlfriend), have been trying to get my driver's license back since there's a vintage GMC van for sale that I want and because I need transportation, I'm getting into a situation where my life is getting more structured and I have to prepare for a job (looking to get a part-time job in one of the local breweries, save enough to move out of Oregon, and live in a travel trailer, motorhome or extended-stay business suite until I can get a lease-to-own deal on a manufactured home...

Written By: snozberries on 06/27/13 at 7:08 pm

I've been having internet connection issues, family issues & other things keeping me off the internets or out of Inthe00s (as well as now having a girlfriend), have been trying to get my driver's license back since there's a vintage GMC van for sale that I want and because I need transportation, I'm getting into a situation where my life is getting more structured and I have to prepare for a job (looking to get a part-time job in one of the local breweries, save enough to move out of Oregon, and live in a travel trailer, motorhome or extended-stay business suite until I can get a lease-to-own deal on a manufactured home...

sounds like movement in a positive direction... that great.... good luck on getting the job!

Written By: danootaandme on 06/28/13 at 3:36 am

Sounds like a man with a plan!  :).  Do you know where you want to move to?

Written By: valleyroads on 06/28/13 at 3:46 am

Thanks, Danoota and Snozberries. I'm looking at either San Diego, Las Vegas, Santa Fe or Albuquerque, possibly Austin... what it all comes down to is housing availability, the job market (I can easily fall back on eBay sales to supplement my SSI (which will be upgrading to SSDI as part of this plan and will be upgraded when I move), and if I can blend in better than here. New Mexico seems like the best place to go at this time, so it's at the top of my list... I need nicer weather than here and not to be around people here who bring me down.

If the brewery job is a go and I do well at it (most likely stocking beer or something to do with the tasting rooms), I could theoretically be hired fairly easily for a BevMo or similar place... I also sent in a note for doing the same thing with the winery warehouses that are in town...

Written By: valleyroads on 06/28/13 at 3:59 am

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/600175_4436942016795_1474544673_n.jpg

Sample piece from a photo shoot I did at a building materials salvage yard. all of the post-processing done in iPhoto.

I'll be out of commission from 9am or so Pacific today (the 28th) into mid/late afternoon possibly early evening, I'll be in a place where the connection is bad enough that Facebook is pretty much the only site that works all the time and deviantART about 35% of the time (housesitting for my parents, who live in a fairly remote area), so most likely I won't be available. Facebook is actually the one reliable way to always find me, I'm admin on several pages on FB and as such am on off & on every day when I have internet access of some kind.

Will try to be more active here when my connection complies...  :)

Written By: nally on 06/28/13 at 12:43 pm

sometimes that happens to me...on occasion :-\\

Written By: nally on 06/28/13 at 12:44 pm

Thanks, Danoota and Snozberries. I'm looking at either San Diego, Las Vegas, Santa Fe or Albuquerque, possibly Austin... what it all comes down to is housing availability, the job market (I can easily fall back on eBay sales to supplement my SSI (which will be upgrading to SSDI as part of this plan and will be upgraded when I move), and if I can blend in better than here. New Mexico seems like the best place to go at this time, so it's at the top of my list... I need nicer weather than here and not to be around people here who bring me down.

If the brewery job is a go and I do well at it (most likely stocking beer or something to do with the tasting rooms), I could theoretically be hired fairly easily for a BevMo or similar place... I also sent in a note for doing the same thing with the winery warehouses that are in town...

Well...good luck in whatever you set out to do. :)

As for me, I'm still lookin'...and getting some much-needed assistance.

Written By: Katluver on 06/28/13 at 3:09 pm

I've got a telephone interview within the next 20 minutes, and I'm nervous as shhh. I feel totally unprepared.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/13 at 3:48 pm

I've got a telephone interview within the next 20 minutes, and I'm nervous as shhh. I feel totally unprepared.

Don't forget to breath.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/28/13 at 4:32 pm

good luck with everything.  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/28/13 at 4:34 pm

you'll do fine.  :)

Written By: Katluver on 06/28/13 at 5:24 pm

I pass the telephone interview! She asked me to come up with a personal story, which sounded like bs, but somehow I have been asked to do a face-to-face interview next Thursday so now I have to figure out on what to wear...

Written By: nally on 06/28/13 at 5:26 pm

I was gonna say, you'll be fine, but you jumped in just as I was about to submit this post!

I pass the telephone interview! She asked me to come up with a personal story, which sounded like bs, but somehow I have been asked to do a face-to-face interview next Thursday so now I have to figure out on what to wear...

Great news! :)

Written By: Katluver on 06/28/13 at 5:37 pm

I was gonna say, you'll be fine, but you jumped in just as I was about to submit this post!

Great news! :)

Thanks!
Sometimes I get so nervous at these interviews, and have these fears about passing out (lol), totally going blank, having a panic attack and running out the door (as if!), panicking into a massive sweat, having a bad hair day, or just coming across as really gross...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/13 at 6:21 pm

Yay!

Thanks!
Sometimes I get so nervous at these interviews, and have these fears about passing out (lol), totally going blank, having a panic attack and running out the door (as if!), panicking into a massive sweat, having a bad hair day, or just coming across as really gross...

Like I said before, don't forget to breath.

Cat

Written By: nally on 06/28/13 at 11:23 pm

Thanks!

I know what you mean. I try to maintain confidence in such situations. When I last had an interview, in April, I made every attempt to do well and maintain my composure and all that... but I was actually a little frazzled because I'd had trouble finding the place. But I have viewed that as a learning experience.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/29/13 at 12:19 am

RIP, Irina.

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing.

Written By: warped on 06/29/13 at 7:31 am

This is great news Kat. I hope you do well in your "in-person" interview.

Written By: Katluver on 06/29/13 at 9:46 am

I know what you mean. I try to maintain confidence in such situations. When I last had an interview, in April, I made every attempt to do well and maintain my composure and all that... but I was actually a little frazzled because I'd had trouble finding the place. But I have viewed that as a learning experience.

That sucks when you can't find the place for the interview!
That happened to me once. The interview was in an industrial park. I had briefly looked at the Google map and figured I knew where it was, but apparently the building numbers were hidden and I was going around in circles! I ended up being late, and didn't get the offer. Lesson learned---plan ahead (note surrounding streets, go to Google Street...)

Written By: Katluver on 06/29/13 at 9:48 am

This is great news Kat. I hope you do well in your "in-person" interview.

Thanks, Warped!

Written By: Dagwood on 06/29/13 at 9:56 am

Thanks!

Don't panic.  I know this isn't easy, I just went through it, but I will tell you what my mom told me.  Walk in there like the job is yours.  Remember that you are smart and the best candidate for the job.  Take the time to think about your skills and how they will help you in this job.  Don't be afraid to toot your own horn.  If you don't no one else in there will. I was part of the interview team at my last job and I can tell you the guy in charge of hiring was very impressed when people had confidence.  Also, don't answer the questions too quickly...take a second or two to think about your answer.  Being too quick just sounds rehearsed.

I know it isn't easy...I was a nervous wreck at my third interview but I got the job anyway. 

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/13 at 11:51 am

Don't panic.  I know this isn't easy, I just went through it, but I will tell you what my mom told me.  Walk in there like the job is yours.  Remember that you are smart and the best candidate for the job.  Take the time to think about your skills and how they will help you in this job.  Don't be afraid to toot your own horn.  If you don't no one else in there will. I was part of the interview team at my last job and I can tell you the guy in charge of hiring was very impressed when people had confidence.  Also, don't answer the questions too quickly...take a second or two to think about your answer.  Being too quick just sounds rehearsed.

I know it isn't easy...I was a nervous wreck at my third interview but I got the job anyway.

Or do I what I did for my last interview.

Work graveyards the night before (stay up all night) drive got 1:45 minutes (hyped up on Mountain Dew) you'll be too amped to be nervous. 

Best job interview I ever had.  They offered me the job on the spot (I had too much time after to think about it and wound up turning them down.). I regret that decision at least once a week. 

Written By: Dagwood on 06/29/13 at 12:06 pm

Or do I what I did for my last interview.

Work graveyards the night before (stay up all night) drive got 1:45 minutes (hyped up on Mountain Dew) you'll be too amped to be nervous. 

Best job interview I ever had.  They offered me the job on the spot (I had too much time after to think about it and wound up turning them down.). I regret that decision at least once a week. 

Okay, that works, too. ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/29/13 at 4:50 pm

a shirt and a tie would help, dress pants and shoes.

Written By: Howard on 06/29/13 at 4:51 pm

Thanks!

stay calm and cool but don't panic just take deep breaths.

Written By: warped on 06/29/13 at 4:54 pm

a shirt and a tie would help, dress pants and shoes.

(psst, Howard, Katluver is female. Shirt and tie...probably not the right thing to wear for her)

Written By: Howard on 06/29/13 at 4:55 pm

(psst, Howard, Katluver is female. Shirt and tie...probably not the right thing to wear for her)

I've seen some women wear a shirt and tie to a job interview.

Written By: meesa on 06/29/13 at 5:20 pm

I have been away from here as I have just went through this process myself, and after a few weeks, an interview, and a wait, I have been promoted to supervisor where I work. Interviews are tough, but like others have said here have confidence! You know that you are capable so show it! :)

Some more tips that have helped me:

Dress for the job that you want. If it is business casual, go business dress. no jeans, no tshirt, no flip flops.

Write down some questions and ask them when it is your turn. Some that you could ask are: "For this position, what would you say are the three most important goals in the short term, for example, the next three months?" another: "What would you say are this companies vision and values?" another "Does this company advocate promotion internally?"  You can ask any questions that are important to you-it shows you are taking this seriously.

Be sure to look them in the eye when you answer (if you have trouble with that look at their eyebrows-sounds crazy but they cannot tell that is where you are looking and think you are looking them in the eye!).

Be prepared to answer questions about your previous job or boss. DO NOT throw them under the bus, even if they deserve it and are the worst most rotten creep in the world. If asked why you are leaving, (and the reason is because it went sour), tell them because it is time to move on to something new, that you feel that you have accomplished everything there was to accomplish in that position.That your move is for personal growth.

Try to highlight your accomplishments that would tie to the job you are trying for- Try to think of yourself as your representative; if you were your own agent what would you say about you?

When your interview is done, write a thank you letter and be sure that you mail it either that day or the next. It doesn't have to be fancy, just something like "I wanted to thank you for the time you took from your day to interview me. I particularly enjoyed when we talked about (fill in the blank, usually there is some common ground you find in an interview, something personable, if not then leave this part out). I think that I could be an asset to your company, and I look forward to hearing from you."  Thank you notes are often forgotten and the interviewer will be happy to receive it.

Since becoming supervisor I have interviewed two people to become part of my team, and many more interviews are coming up in the next couple of weeks. What I am looking for are people that are willing to buy in to our goals, honest answers, and people who want to be a part of the team. I was impressed with one interviewee and she received the job because of her demeanor and honest answers; she has already started and is doing well so far. The other I didn't consider past the interview because her only two questions were "What is the pay?" and "What is the policy for absences?". There is nothing wrong with these questions-but these were the only ones-and it gave me the impression that this was all that she cared about.

Good luck, be confident, and believe in yourself.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/29/13 at 6:03 pm

I am on my new computer-YAY!!!! I still have a lot of programs to download, put my files on it and basically set things up the way I like it. I also have to get used to using the new keyboard. So far, so good. Of course it is really too soon to give a report. I'll let you know how it REALLY is in about 3 months or so.

Cat

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/29/13 at 7:00 pm

I am on my new computer-YAY!!!! I still have a lot of programs to download, put my files on it and basically set things up the way I like it. I also have to get used to using the new keyboard. So far, so good. Of course it is really too soon to give a report. I'll let you know how it REALLY is in about 3 months or so.

Cat

8)

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/13 at 7:04 pm

Psssst warped  I have told my friend if he decides he's taking me the emmy's this year or next I'm wearing a tux

Pssst Howard most woman would not wear a shirt, tie, dress slacks and shoes to an interview... Myself included

MEESA!!!! Welcome back and congrats on the promotion! That was good advice. I particularly like the questions you suggested.

Congrats on the new computer Cat.

Written By: warped on 06/29/13 at 7:12 pm

Psssst warped  I have told my friend if he decides he's taking me the emmy's this year or next I'm wearing a tux

Psst Q, no problem. It's not an interview.. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/29/13 at 7:13 pm

Psssst Q, Have I told you lately that I wub you?  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: warped on 06/29/13 at 7:14 pm

Yay, new computer works, Cat!

Congrats on the promotion, meesa, and good advice for an interview. And we missed you around here too!

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/13 at 8:11 pm

Psssst Q, Have I told you lately that I wub you?  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

:-*

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/29/13 at 10:18 pm

June 29th. I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body. Too much abuse has gone on for too long. From now on there will be 50 pushups each morning, 50 pullups. There will be no more pills, no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From now on will be total organization. Every muscle must be tight.

8)

Written By: danootaandme on 06/30/13 at 5:44 am

June 29th. I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body. Too much abuse has gone on for too long. From now on there will be 50 pushups each morning, 50 pullups. There will be no more pills, no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From now on will be total organization. Every muscle must be tight.

8)

you and me, both.  Let's have a pizza and beer to celebrate our new resolve  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 06/30/13 at 5:47 am

Cat

Amazing how something can feel so good without actual physical contact.      :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/30/13 at 11:03 am

you and me, both.  Let's have a pizza and beer to celebrate our new resolve  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: valleyroads on 06/30/13 at 3:32 pm

Weekend from H-E-double-hockey-sticks.

Written By: Howard on 06/30/13 at 4:37 pm

Cat

wonderful.  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/30/13 at 4:39 pm

I have been away from here as I have just went through this process myself, and after a few weeks, an interview, and a wait, I have been promoted to supervisor where I work. Interviews are tough, but like others have said here have confidence! You know that you are capable so show it! :)

Some more tips that have helped me:

Dress for the job that you want. If it is business casual, go business dress. no jeans, no tshirt, no flip flops.

Write down some questions and ask them when it is your turn. Some that you could ask are: "For this position, what would you say are the three most important goals in the short term, for example, the next three months?" another: "What would you say are this companies vision and values?" another "Does this company advocate promotion internally?"  You can ask any questions that are important to you-it shows you are taking this seriously.

Be sure to look them in the eye when you answer (if you have trouble with that look at their eyebrows-sounds crazy but they cannot tell that is where you are looking and think you are looking them in the eye!).

Be prepared to answer questions about your previous job or boss. DO NOT throw them under the bus, even if they deserve it and are the worst most rotten creep in the world. If asked why you are leaving, (and the reason is because it went sour), tell them because it is time to move on to something new, that you feel that you have accomplished everything there was to accomplish in that position.That your move is for personal growth.

Try to highlight your accomplishments that would tie to the job you are trying for- Try to think of yourself as your representative; if you were your own agent what would you say about you?

When your interview is done, write a thank you letter and be sure that you mail it either that day or the next. It doesn't have to be fancy, just something like "I wanted to thank you for the time you took from your day to interview me. I particularly enjoyed when we talked about (fill in the blank, usually there is some common ground you find in an interview, something personable, if not then leave this part out). I think that I could be an asset to your company, and I look forward to hearing from you."  Thank you notes are often forgotten and the interviewer will be happy to receive it.

Since becoming supervisor I have interviewed two people to become part of my team, and many more interviews are coming up in the next couple of weeks. What I am looking for are people that are willing to buy in to our goals, honest answers, and people who want to be a part of the team. I was impressed with one interviewee and she received the job because of her demeanor and honest answers; she has already started and is doing well so far. The other I didn't consider past the interview because her only two questions were "What is the pay?" and "What is the policy for absences?". There is nothing wrong with these questions-but these were the only ones-and it gave me the impression that this was all that she cared about.

Good luck, be confident, and believe in yourself.

Hey Meesa.  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/30/13 at 4:40 pm

8)

good luck Max.  :)

Written By: Katluver on 06/30/13 at 8:31 pm

Thanks for all those pointer, Meesa!

Also I will not be wearing a tie, a baseball cap, or anything else that a man would wear... :P
And no tube tops, micro-skirts, fishnet tights, spaghetti-strap tops, or deep-V necks...lol!

Some interview don'ts...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD7JTzJ_Nfo

Written By: valleyroads on 07/01/13 at 1:49 am

Last post for June: Sleeping in my own bed (actually a big comfy chaise chair in my living room, I don't like beds and find bedrooms confining) instead of sleeping on a foam pad in the unhoarded utility room at my parents' like the past 2 nights sounds really great. Add Enya, white noise, some comfy pillows, a medium-weight knit blanket and the long-wool Angora goat hide I got at a garage sale to the equation, and great sleep on a summer night.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/01/13 at 6:33 am

Rabbitrabbit..white rabbit...Lock this up it's July.  :)

Written By: Henk on 07/01/13 at 6:37 am

Wow... June has passed, and I haven't posted here once!

Written By: danootaandme on 07/01/13 at 6:40 am

Wow... June has passed, and I haven't posted here once!

You can make up for it in July.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...