inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's the wildest party you've ever been to?

Written By: warped on 06/04/13 at 12:28 pm

What is the wildest (or some of the wildest) parties you have ever been to? Why was it wild? What happened there?

The wildest party I've ever been to was a high school party in 1979.    Firstly, a bunch of guys at our school were in a band and I was allowed to sing in the band at the party (I had my own mike... 8)) primarily because the songs were all Beatles tunes and I knew all the words and I can sort of carry a tune. I enjoyed the experience. We sang "Love me do", "Please please me", "Eleanor Rigby", "She loves you" and others I don't remember.

Secondly, this girl (Jackie) drank a whole 16 ouncer of rum and was so drunk and made a total fool of herself (dancing on tables, partial disrobing, extreme flirting with everyone...warped included.)  Jackie was always a total blast at parties. One time at a later high school party Jackie and I passed out in the same sleeping bag/blanket. I still don't know how that happened.  :-[

Thirdly, this other girl (Nicole) was kinda both drunk & high on drugs (this wasn't her first time high either...regular pot smoker..no date rape going on here)  and was giving "free ones" to anyone who should stand in line at one of the bedroom's doors downstairs, then after each guy came out he'd share his experience with us. (Not me, I didn't line up..just a casual observer..not my schtick to do that)  It took awhile for people to figure out what was going on with Nicole and the guys, but word got around fast.  At 2am with Nicole finally emerged from the room, a couple of guys stood up and clapped and she tore them apart with an f-bomb tirade.

Nicole did this at another party too.

Ah, high school.. 8)

Subject: Re: What's the wildest party you've ever been to?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/04/13 at 3:16 pm

I don't remember but I was told that I had a good time.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 06/04/13 at 7:53 pm

;D

Written By: warped on 06/04/13 at 8:17 pm

I don't remember but I was told that I had a good time.

Cat

Nice...  ;)

Written By: warped on 06/06/13 at 7:40 am

I'm thinking no one is responding here either because

1. What Cat said "I don't remember but I was told that I had a good time."
2. It's way too embarrassing to share
3. warped, your party experience is too weird
4. warped your party experience is too lame.
5. ...umm, you DON'T wanna know the parties I have been to, TMI.

Written By: Katluver on 06/06/13 at 11:56 am

I'm thinking no one is responding here either because

1. What Cat said "I don't remember but I was told that I had a good time."
2. It's way too embarrassing to share
3. warped, your party experience is too weird
4. warped your party experience is too lame.
5. ...umm, you DON'T wanna know the parties I have been to, TMI.

Okay, I can't resist, but were you ever picked on because your name is Warped? I mean I've heard some weird names in my life, but "Warped" just takes the cake. You poor thing! j/k

Anyway, I'll share a couple of stories except I think they're pretty lame compared to yours.

The first one was a party after the end of the finals. Lots of drinking and smoking including that special leaf. That was my first time watching people smoke it up close. I was taken by surprise by its stench, and it reminded me of a burning lawn. I did not partake, and was actually somewhat sober altogether. One guy was so drunk that he would tap his ummm package while singing off key. There was also some bashing towards one of our classmates, and people would share their stories about her. I didn't partake in that either.

Another was a cottage party. I don't remember seeing the magical leaf being passed around, but I do remember some people standing in a corner going over some heavier drugs. Somebody also brought an inflatable toy of a male organ. I remember many of us slept on the beach in tents. I can't remember how many people shared the tent I was in, but it was pretty cramped. And I wasn't so sober that time since I had a couple of those huge (1.5L?)wine coolers (I think I had Harvey's Wallbanger and the other strawberry-lime) and a whiskey shooter. Needless to say, I woke up with a nasty hangover.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/06/13 at 12:00 pm

Ok, ok. I was trying to be funny and I guess it worked.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

I think one of the most memorable parties-not necessarily the wildest-I remember was New Year's Eve 1978/79. I was about 15 at the time. 3 of my sisters lived in the same 3 family building-they used to live in the same apartment (middle floor) but one of my sisters got married, had a baby and moved to the apartment upstairs. The party was on the middle floor.

I remember about 5 or so, my sister wanted to get into the shower and wanted me to keep an eye on my niece who wasn't even a year at the time. As she was in the shower, who comes upstairs was my old boyfriend who I was gaga over when I was 13. I hadn't seen him in a few years since I moved away. His sister was friends with the gang that hung out at the house so they invited him because he didn't have anything to do. He seemed to have wanted to pick up where we left off a few years before but I have moved on from him. I pushed him away. I'm sure I hurt his feelings. I don't recall what time he left the party but at one point I realized that he was gone. (Side note: I did date him again after I moved to Vermont-before I started dating Carlos-but that is another story).

Anyway, fast forward. Yeah, it was pretty much your typical New Year's party-lots of noise etc. I think it was about 1 or 2 in the morning, people started to disappear. There were 5 or 6 of us who were the last men standing. The funny thing was, none of my sisters were there. Being 15, I was the youngest of the group by several years. We sat at the bar (yes, my sister had a bar in her apartment-thanks to her boyfriend). I remember I had 2 packs of cigs for the party-which was a good thing because by this time I was the only one left with cigs so I was passing them out to everyone. I think there may have been one or two in the group who didn't smoke. I didn't have many left when the sun came up.

I can't remember what time we finally called it a night (or a day), 5 a.m.? 6 a.m.? Like I said, it wasn't that WILD of a time but for me it was really cool because I was staying up with the "big boys." There wasn't anyone in that group who said that I was "too young" which I used to get a lot in those days. And whenever I wanted another drink, whoever was behind the bar made it for me.

I wasn't hungover the next day but my throat was pretty sore from all those cigs I smoked that night.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat 

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/08/13 at 10:01 am

When I was in Chile doing research for my dissertation we were invited to the home of the US Ambassador.  No drugs, of course, but lots of pisco sours.  The wild thing about it was the CIA guy who spent the night pumping us grad students.  The dude was so obvious that it was ridiculous.  We all made up a bunch of crap for him. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/12/13 at 10:34 pm

I gotta plead the fifth on this one.
:-X

Written By: warped on 06/13/13 at 6:33 am

Okay, I can't resist, but were you ever picked on because your name is Warped? I mean I've heard some weird names in my life, but "Warped" just takes the cake. You poor thing! j/k

Anyway, I'll share a couple of stories except I think they're pretty lame compared to yours.

The first one was a party after the end of the finals. Lots of drinking and smoking including that special leaf. That was my first time watching people smoke it up close. I was taken by surprise by its stench, and it reminded me of a burning lawn. I did not partake, and was actually somewhat sober altogether. One guy was so drunk that he would tap his ummm package while singing off key. There was also some bashing towards one of our classmates, and people would share their stories about her. I didn't partake in that either.

Another was a cottage party. I don't remember seeing the magical leaf being passed around, but I do remember some people standing in a corner going over some heavier drugs. Somebody also brought an inflatable toy of a male organ. I remember many of us slept on the beach in tents. I can't remember how many people shared the tent I was in, but it was pretty cramped. And I wasn't so sober that time since I had a couple of those huge (1.5L?)wine coolers (I think I had Harvey's Wallbanger and the other strawberry-lime) and a whiskey shooter. Needless to say, I woke up with a nasty hangover.

I don't think I ever attended a High School party or University party when there wasn't weed there. 

Ok, ok. I was trying to be funny and I guess it worked.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

I think one of the most memorable parties-not necessarily the wildest-I remember was New Year's Eve 1978/79. I was about 15 at the time. 3 of my sisters lived in the same 3 family building-they used to live in the same apartment (middle floor) but one of my sisters got married, had a baby and moved to the apartment upstairs. The party was on the middle floor.

I remember about 5 or so, my sister wanted to get into the shower and wanted me to keep an eye on my niece who wasn't even a year at the time. As she was in the shower, who comes upstairs was my old boyfriend who I was gaga over when I was 13. I hadn't seen him in a few years since I moved away. His sister was friends with the gang that hung out at the house so they invited him because he didn't have anything to do. He seemed to have wanted to pick up where we left off a few years before but I have moved on from him. I pushed him away. I'm sure I hurt his feelings. I don't recall what time he left the party but at one point I realized that he was gone. (Side note: I did date him again after I moved to Vermont-before I started dating Carlos-but that is another story).

Anyway, fast forward. Yeah, it was pretty much your typical New Year's party-lots of noise etc. I think it was about 1 or 2 in the morning, people started to disappear. There were 5 or 6 of us who were the last men standing. The funny thing was, none of my sisters were there. Being 15, I was the youngest of the group by several years. We sat at the bar (yes, my sister had a bar in her apartment-thanks to her boyfriend). I remember I had 2 packs of cigs for the party-which was a good thing because by this time I was the only one left with cigs so I was passing them out to everyone. I think there may have been one or two in the group who didn't smoke. I didn't have many left when the sun came up.

I can't remember what time we finally called it a night (or a day), 5 a.m.? 6 a.m.? Like I said, it wasn't that WILD of a time but for me it was really cool because I was staying up with the "big boys." There wasn't anyone in that group who said that I was "too young" which I used to get a lot in those days. And whenever I wanted another drink, whoever was behind the bar made it for me.

I wasn't hungover the next day but my throat was pretty sore from all those cigs I smoked that night.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat 

Ah..the 70s.

Written By: Katluver on 06/13/13 at 3:34 pm

I don't think I ever attended a High School party or University party when there wasn't weed there. 

Ah..the 70s.

I guess I grew up in a sheltered environment. Most of the parties that I did attend were PG-rated birthday parties while I was in high school. I'll admit that I was pretty much a goody-goody (former girl scout, peer counselling...) until my late teens.

Written By: warped on 06/13/13 at 3:49 pm

I also have a story about another party that I got sorta arrested, almost, kind of. I will share that some other time .

Written By: Katluver on 06/13/13 at 4:02 pm

I also have a story about another party that I got sorta arrested, almost, kind of. I will share that some other time .

:o  Can't wait for you to share!

Written By: Inertia on 06/14/13 at 5:34 am

I don't really have "wild" parties. I honestly do not have fun at stereotypical parties. ;\ I attended a few during college and was bored.

Instead, the type of parties I attend are usually a bunch of friends hanging out with one another watching movies and playing video games. We also play board and party games such as Don't Drink and Draw and Werewolf.

Written By: warped on 06/14/13 at 6:59 am

Alright then.

Believe it or not, for one high school party at a buddy's house, the parents supplied all the beer for this party!  :o

Lots of us drank..and drank..and drank.. people crashed the party when they found out it was free alcohol too. The house got really crowded so about 10 of us decided we grab a case of cold beer and took the party to the street.  We were your typical loud teens and after 30 minutes or so suddenly one of my buddies yelled "HOLY F__K" and a few of them started running like mad in every direction. Jackie, Mark and I just stood there and looked at them run.  We didn't know why they ran. Then Jackie looked at me and said "Oh shyt! COPS!" and I turned around and there was a cop car that pulled over just behind us and two cops were getting out of the car. Jackie tried to run but a cop grabbed her. 

The cops said "hello" and were quite cheeky with us, noticed we were all underage and had beers in our hands and lots of beer bottles scattered on the street near us.  :-\\    We had to ..yup. walk over to the cop car, spread em..put our hands on the car...and all that .. they checked our pockets and all that stuff. Pretty scary experience. They asked us our addresses..I was being really vague with them and they were not happy with me  ;D. But they told us they were gonna take us into the station and we'd have to call our parents to take us home  :o I envisioned I was gonna be grounded for about 5 years.  ;D

Then my buddy Mark came up with a brilliant thought. "But officer, it's not our fault...the people at that party (he pointed to the house) are giving out free alcohol to everyone"! (which essentially was the truth).  You couldn't miss the noise from the house..and the cops could see people on the porch drinking beer...and smoking weed.

Cops said to us "You wait here, and don't move" and they went to check it out. As soon as they got to the house (about 3 houses down) We took off and ran..and ran....AND RAN in the other direction like we never did before..we found a park nearby and ran behind a bunch of trees and just stayed there..for like an hour... ;D

When we got the nerve to return to the house, we made sure all the cop cars had gone...and the party was pretty much over..it was more or less raided already (because of us, I think  ;D)

Neither Mark nor Jackie or I ever told anyone there we were the reason for the raid. Self preservation!

Ah, high school...

Written By: 80sfan on 06/15/13 at 7:36 pm

Water balloon party, second grade. :-X

Written By: loki 13 on 06/15/13 at 9:53 pm

From a period of the summer of 1977, I was 15, to winter of 1980, when I met my wife, we had wild parties
pretty much all the time. If you have seen the movie Dazed and Confused, the beer bash they had in the movie
was an every weekend event where I grew up. Chosing just one would be a rather difficult undertaking but Jack
painting his red garage door black because he said Mick told him to do it would be up there as a wildest.

Check for new replies or respond here...