inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I don't go to concerts anymore but I may have to make an exception.

Written By: loki 13 on 06/04/13 at 6:58 pm

I have seen many a concert in my day but I haven't gone to a concert in a few years. The same reason any old man
would give. Too loud, too crowded, too expensive and the biggest reason is the artists are too damn old. I may have
to make an exception.

On August 3, in my Hometown of Camden, NJ, Yes will host the only Yestival of their tour. It will be the only City to
hold this concert which will include.....

Yes....Playing in their entirety - The Yes Album, Close To The Edge and Going For The One.
Carl Palmer's Emerson Lake & Palmer Legacy Group
Genesis Tribute Band, The Musical Box....Playing in it's entirety - Foxtrot
Renaissance with Annie Haslam
Other acts to be named later.

Do I let this one slip by or go against principle and attend?

Subject: Re: I don't go to concerts anymore but I may have to make an exception.

Written By: warped on 06/04/13 at 7:06 pm

Wow. Yes is playing some of their best albums.

"Foxtrot" is great album.  Musical Box are from Quebec. I know of them but haven't seen them
I don't know much about Carl Palmer's Emerson Lake & Palmer Legacy Group, but I know you love ELP.

Renaissance is another Prog Rock band.

Unless the concert is like $1000, why wouldn't you go? You will kick yourself in the head if you don't go. You know you will.

Subject: Re: I don't go to concerts anymore but I may have to make an exception.

Written By: loki 13 on 06/04/13 at 7:43 pm

Wow. Yes is playing some of their best albums.

"Foxtrot" is great album.  Musical Box are from Quebec. I know of them but haven't seen them
I don't know much about Carl Palmer's Emerson Lake & Palmer Legacy Group, but I know you love ELP.

Renaissance is another Prog Rock band.

Unless the concert is like $1000, why wouldn't you go? You will kick yourself in the head if you don't go. You know you will.

I am not a fan of 80's Yes but anything prior to that would have been great. These three are great albums to play,
the only thing that would make it better was if they were to play Relayer.

Yes, anything By ELP or E, L or P is okay by me.

I am not familiar with Musical Box but Foxtrot is one of my favorite Genesis albums, especially Supper's Ready.

I have seen Renaissance twice before, I love Annie Haslam's voice. So long as they do Running Hard, Black Flame
and Mother Russia I'll be happy.

Tickets go on sale Friday, I haven't seen a price yet.

Written By: warped on 06/04/13 at 7:54 pm

Tickets go on sale Friday, I haven't seen a price yet.

The Rolling Stones were just here and the cheapest tickets were just under $200. (I'm glad I saw them in 1989 when I paid probably 30 or 40 bucks)  I hope the price isn't too high in Jersey.

Written By: warped on 06/05/13 at 12:03 pm

I am not familiar with Musical Box but Foxtrot is one of my favorite Genesis albums, especially Supper's Ready.

Got this from wikipedia

"Genesis has supported The Musical Box in many ways. In 2002 their former guitarist Steve Hackett joined the band in London, England at the Royal Albert Hall, playing on a special encore of "Firth of Fifth". Drummer Phil Collins watched the Lamb show in Geneva in 2005, and joined the band onstage to play drums during the encore of "The Musical Box". He watched the entire show and told reporters afterwards that "they played it better than we did." Peter Gabriel, meanwhile, has taken his children to a show so "they could see what their father used to do."

If all this is true, that's impressive.

Written By: loki 13 on 06/16/13 at 11:36 am

My daughter told me that for fathers day, at least a late fathers day present, she will be taking me to the show. So
as it turns out I will be going to a concert. Ticket  prices aren't too bad,they range from 35 - 250 dollars. If I was
going on my own accord I think I would have shelled out the 250. For $250 the VIP package includes early entrance,
up front VIP seating and a cocktail party with event artists.

Written By: warped on 06/17/13 at 7:01 am

My daughter told me that for fathers day, at least a late fathers day present, she will be taking me to the show. So
as it turns out I will be going to a concert. Ticket  prices aren't too bad,they range from 35 - 250 dollars. If I was
going on my own accord I think I would have shelled out the 250. For $250 the VIP package includes early entrance,
up front VIP seating and a cocktail party with event artists.

Nice! :)

Written By: warped on 09/02/13 at 7:01 am

Did you end up going? How was the concert?

Check for new replies or respond here...