inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's your ringtone?

Written By: whistledog on 09/03/13 at 11:57 pm

The standard ringers and tones that come on phones are boring.  I like to make my own.

I have a few ringtones I cycle between, but my one I use for now is the Level 1 theme (titled Flood of Power) to the Sega Genesis version of the 1989 arcade classic Midnight Resistance.  That was (and still is) one of my all-time favourite video games, so naturally when I get a call, I get really excited lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwOPZZ6Wq_Q

I also have one titled Running From Home which was the ending music to the 1989 Turbo Grafx-16 game Moto Roader
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlqsWDPtY18

Subject: Re: What's your ringtone?

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/13 at 12:01 am

I use tv theme songs for mine....

I have the Boondocks, Psych, 21 Jump Street, Jem, Buffy, Gilmore Girls and Wonder Years assigned to various people.

I use the Banana splits for my text tone

I have the Charlie's Angels commercial transition as my voice mail alert.  ;D

Written By: valleyroads on 09/04/13 at 1:22 am

Crappy & loud recording from phone mike of "Tubular Bells" for call ringtone (has freaked some people out), default bell ringtone for text.

Written By: Howard on 09/04/13 at 6:58 am

mine is a plain ringtone.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/04/13 at 7:22 am

Queen's We Are The Champions for my ringtone.  My text tone is just a beep. 

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/13 at 10:31 am

mine is a plain ringtone.

The day apple made the text time customizable was one of my happiest days as an applephile. 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/04/13 at 10:38 am

My ringtone is the theme song for "The A-Team."

My text alert tone is the Jetsons' doorbell.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/04/13 at 1:51 pm

Mine are mostly the "boring" iphone ones, but hubby's is "You Shook Me All Night Long" (used to be one of Nickelback's songs until it went off during probably the ONLY "quiet time" of a baseball game EVER...if anyone knows any Nickelback songs, you can figure it out ;)), oldest son's is a Tarzan Yell, and middle's is an annoying voice saying "ring, ring, ring".

There's someone who comes in the store who has exclusively Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory sounds...his text tone is the "whistle" sound for the Oompa Loompah's...it makes me giggle every time I hear it :D

Written By: snozberries on 09/04/13 at 4:08 pm

Mine are mostly the "boring" iphone ones, but hubby's is "You Shook Me All Night Long" (used to be one of Nickelback's songs until it went off during probably the ONLY "quiet time" of a baseball game EVER...if anyone knows any Nickelback songs, you can figure it out ;)), oldest son's is a Tarzan Yell, and middle's is an annoying voice saying "ring, ring, ring".

There's someone who comes in the store who has exclusively Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory sounds...his text tone is the "whistle" sound for the Oompa Loompah's...it makes me giggle every time I hear it :D

Giggle....and think of me???

Written By: XYkid on 09/05/13 at 1:43 am

Mine is Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation (40 seconds in)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYeajoizdm0?t=39s

My text ringtone is Princess Luna from MLP screaming "Huzzah!" and the one for my email is Derpy Hooves saying "I brought you a letter!"

Check for new replies or respond here...