inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which celebrities have you met IRL?

Written By: aja675 on 11/17/13 at 4:51 am

?

Subject: Re: Which celebrities have you met IRL?

Written By: snozberries on 11/18/13 at 1:46 am

As many here know....my list is very long. 

I'm curious. Have you met any?

Who would you most like to meet?

Written By: whistledog on 11/18/13 at 6:09 pm

I've only ever met 2 celebrities, and they are both (former) NHL players:

Kirk Muller and Norm Maracle

I'm actually a distant relative of Maracle.  He is the son of my grandmother's 2nd cousin, or something like that.
I once played Road Hockey with Muller.  When he was starting out in the NHL, he lived on my street in the off season

Written By: warped on 11/19/13 at 12:17 pm

If sports athletes count, I met Gordie Howe, Mario Lemieux, Rocket Richard, Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Gary Carter, Willie Stargell, disgraced Canadian runner Ben Johnson and some others.

I met the "man in motion" Rick Hansen, Canadian Prime-Ministers Jean Chretien and John Turner.

And I was told the Shah of Iran walked right by us at either Expo 67 or 1970. But that doesn't count as a meeting.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/20/13 at 8:23 pm

Mr. T at Ed Mirvish's store on Bathurst and Bloor.  I got to shake his hand.  :D

Written By: Howard on 11/20/13 at 8:31 pm

Mr. T at Ed Mirvish's store on Bathurst and Bloor.  I got to shake his hand.  :D

Did he say his quote?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/20/13 at 8:39 pm

Did he say his quote?

"I pitty the fool?"?

No.  I didn't have the nerve to ask him?

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/13 at 2:21 am

"I pitty the fool?"?

No.  I didn't have the nerve to ask him?

I hear ya. When I show people my pic w/Alfonso Ribero everyone wants to know if he did the Carlton....no cuz I didn't want to ask him to.

Written By: XYkid on 11/21/13 at 2:16 pm

I haven't met too many celebrities, despite living in Southern California. The other night though, I did get to talk to Vanessa Carlton after her show, she was very nice. :)
Interestingly, Dinah Jane, who was on X Factor last season, went to my school, so I guess she counts as well.

Funny story though, back when I lived in Houston when I was 11-12, I got confused for a celebrity. I walked into a CVS and some kid came up and started asking me if I was Dylan/Cole Sprouse from the then-popular programme, Suite Life of Zack and Cody. However, I didn't even notice him until my mum said something, I guess I was too focused on getting what I needed from CVS to even notice, haha. And besides, what would someone like Dylan or Cole be doing at a random CVS in suburban Texas? Who knows...

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/13 at 11:51 pm

I haven't met too many celebrities, despite living in Southern California. The other night though, I did get to talk to Vanessa Carlton after her show, she was very nice. :)
Interestingly, Dinah Jane, who was on X Factor last season, went to my school, so I guess she counts as well.

Funny story though, back when I lived in Houston when I was 11-12, I got confused for a celebrity. I walked into a CVS and some kid came up and started asking me if I was Dylan/Cole Sprouse from the then-popular programme, Suite Life of Zack and Cody. However, I didn't even notice him until my mum said something, I guess I was too focused on getting what I needed from CVS to even notice, haha. And besides, what would someone like Dylan or Cole be doing at a random CVS in suburban Texas? Who knows...

That's funny.  Then again I've run into Walter Higgins ( Justified) at a target...
My friend ran into the guy who plays Olaf on 2 broke girls at cvs. So it's possible....even in Texas.....location shoot  ;D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/24/13 at 3:22 am

My mother and I swear that we saw Paul Gross, Constable Benton Fraser From Due South, in our local pharmacy looking at stuff on racks.  I'm wondering if he lives in town or somehwere near here? ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...