inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Netflix

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/24/13 at 11:32 am

Who here subscribes to Netflix Instant streaming? Why not have a thread where we can discuss and recommend to each other which shows and movies we've been watching?

The other night I started watching the Netflix original series House of Cards, starring Kevin Spacey as a Democratic congressman and House Majority Whip from South Carolina. So far it has been excellent.

Subject: Re: Netflix

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/24/13 at 12:28 pm

We have Netflix but we don't do the streaming. We just get the DVDs.

As for streaming, I have Amazon Prime to get the "free shipping" (which isn't quite free but it is cheaper). I received a letter from them that with the Prime, streaming comes with it. I still have yet to try it out.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/24/13 at 3:41 pm

I have Netflix.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/24/13 at 6:21 pm

We have Netflix but we don't do the streaming. We just get the DVDs.

As for streaming, I have Amazon Prime to get the "free shipping" (which isn't quite free but it is cheaper). I received a letter from them that with the Prime, streaming comes with it. I still have yet to try it out.

Cat

Does Netflix have House of Cards on DVD? If they do then you ought to check it out, I think you and Carlos would really enjoy it.

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/13 at 8:38 am

I haven't watched it yet but everyone I know who's seen it says Orange is the new Black is a great show

Written By: whistledog on 12/27/13 at 8:20 pm

I do not have Netflix, but I am considering getting it.  The Netflix we have in Canada doesn't have as much as American Netflix, but there is a hack where I can get American Netflix on my PS3, Xbox and/or Wii. 

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/17/14 at 10:13 pm

We love Netflix. In fact, we haven't had cable in, like, 6 years because of Netflix and Hulu Plus (which, admittedly, isn't that great). Lately, I've been kind of obsessed with Law and Order: SVU. The only thing that's lame is the fact that they only have seasons 8 - 11. That and I use it for binge-watching The Office over and over for the rest of my life.

Check for new replies or respond here...