inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hop Into April!

Written By: Ripley on 03/29/14 at 6:52 pm

April already!

Subject: Re: Hop Into April!

Written By: Dagwood on 03/29/14 at 7:10 pm

Not for a couple of days. ;)

Written By: Ripley on 03/29/14 at 7:32 pm

:P

Written By: Dagwood on 03/29/14 at 7:39 pm

;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/14 at 8:02 pm

April already!

Back to the real world for me. 

Written By: valleyroads on 03/30/14 at 9:37 am

Will be in an art show on the 5th with two pictures, and going to a dance/party dealio on the 8th. Hoping April is actually a decent month.

Written By: Howard on 03/30/14 at 3:50 pm

Tuesday actually.

Written By: Howard on 03/30/14 at 3:51 pm

April will celebrate 7 years with Pathmark.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 03/30/14 at 6:15 pm

April will celebrate 7 years with Pathmark.  :)

Great job! You're a lot better than my older brother, who switches jobs every month or so. :)

Written By: Ripley on 03/30/14 at 9:14 pm

Great job! You're a lot better than my older brother, who switches jobs every month or so. :)

I used to work with this girl that did that.  She had a baby a couple of years ago and she still does this from what I hear. 

Written By: 80sfan on 03/31/14 at 12:42 am

I used to work with this girl that did that.  She had a baby a couple of years ago and she still does this from what I hear.

How do people do that?  :D :D

Written By: Howard on 03/31/14 at 7:04 am

I didn't want this job at first when My job coach and I were discussing it about 8 years ago but I told him that I needed this job just to please this girl I was dating at the time. She is no longer with me as Her and I had financial problems with money.

Written By: Ripley on 03/31/14 at 11:28 pm

How do people do that?  :D :D

I guess they just want to screw around doing whatever they want.  Well her parents are rich so they probably don't care.  She is 28 and has a kid who is 2 I think yet she is this irresponsible.  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/01/14 at 2:41 am

"White rabbit"

From wiki:
""Rabbit rabbit rabbit" is one variant of a common British superstition which states that a person should say or repeat the word "rabbit" or "rabbits", or "white rabbits", or a person should say "bunny bunny foot foot", or some combination of these elements, out loud upon waking (or first moment) on the first day of the month, because doing so will ensure good luck for the duration of that month."

Written By: Ripley on 04/01/14 at 1:20 pm

"White rabbit"

Oh no I didn't say it first thing?  Hopefully I don't get the exact opposite.  :-\\

Written By: nally on 04/01/14 at 2:16 pm

I had a great morning. First I went to my networking meeting for the first time since January, since I have a break from school this week; everyone was really happy to see me; I even told them what I've been up to with regards to my accounting prgm and they were pleased to hear about it. I then went to the library to volunteer there for a couple of hours, and I got stuff done there. So now I'm home and will find some things to do here after I have some lunch. :)

Written By: Howard on 04/01/14 at 3:34 pm

I had a great morning. First I went to my networking meeting for the first time since January, since I have a break from school this week; everyone was really happy to see me; I even told them what I've been up to with regards to my accounting prgm and they were pleased to hear about it. I then went to the library to volunteer there for a couple of hours, and I got stuff done there. So now I'm home and will find some things to do here after I have some lunch. :)

that's wonderful news. :)

Written By: Ripley on 04/01/14 at 7:13 pm

Awesome  :)

Written By: nally on 04/02/14 at 5:35 pm

that's wonderful news. :)

Awesome  :)

Thanks. It always feels good to get stuff accomplished. And see people you enjoy being with.

Written By: Howard on 04/02/14 at 7:41 pm

Thanks. It always feels good to get stuff accomplished. And see people you enjoy being with.

It sure does.

Written By: nally on 04/02/14 at 11:32 pm

It sure does.

Yes; I'm able to do it this week because I'm off from my studies.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/03/14 at 3:19 pm

Good that you had a great morning.  :)

Written By: nally on 04/03/14 at 3:47 pm

Good that you had a great morning.  :)

Thanks; I had another great morning today in the library.

Written By: karen on 04/03/14 at 4:46 pm

School finishes tomorrow for the Easter break.  There is a Founder's Service in the morning to acknowledge the school's founder Thomas Burton.  School finishes at 12 and all the pupils leave.  Then the staff get a special lunch.  And three weeks off work!

Written By: Dagwood on 04/03/14 at 5:21 pm

Gonna have this stupid lump on my face removed in two weeks.  My doctor sent me to an ENT, but I went to my cousin instead.  My cousin was looking at the paper and told me the ENT she tried to send me to is retired.  Woops. ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 04/03/14 at 7:40 pm

LOL, I only have 70 friends on Facebook. I used to have, at my peak, 88 friends.

By 2019 I'll probably have only 4 Facebook friends! It's because I'm unsocial and a hermit. ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/04/14 at 3:43 pm

Gonna have this stupid lump on my face removed in two weeks.  My doctor sent me to an ENT, but I went to my cousin instead.  My cousin was looking at the paper and told me the ENT she tried to send me to is retired.  Woops. ;D

So now what will happen?

Written By: Dagwood on 04/04/14 at 7:34 pm

He will remove the lump on the 16th. 

Written By: snozberries on 04/04/14 at 10:13 pm

Tomorrow is the day I officially start training for my Avon walk....1st up.....a 5k at 6am in LA.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/05/14 at 1:13 am

Tomorrow is the day I officially start training for my Avon walk....1st up.....a 5k at 6am in LA.

Have you done walks before?

Written By: 80sfan on 04/05/14 at 1:16 am

It seems to me that I've been having luck since April began! This is great news, considering my luck has leaned towards more negative the past six and a half years. ;D

These years have humbled me, but it's also important to be happy I guess.

Written By: snozberries on 04/05/14 at 2:44 am

Have you done walks before?

I do them often. The one I do annually in sept is the Avon Walk. Proceeds go to breast cancer research
It's 39.3 miles in two days... 26.2 day one and 13.1 day two.

This year will by my third year trying it. The first year I did 30miles
The second year was harder for me and I did 23.ihope to complete the full thing this year. That's why I'm starting training now.  I want to succeed.

:)

Written By: snozberries on 04/05/14 at 2:44 am

It seems to me that I've been having luck since April began! This is great news, considering my luck has leaned towards more negative the past six and a half years. ;D

These years have humbled me, but it's also important to be happy I guess.

O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/14 at 2:57 am

I do them often. The one I do annually in sept is the Avon Walk. Proceeds go to breast cancer research

The second year was harder for me and I did 23.ihope to complete the full thing this year. That's why I'm starting training now.  I want to succeed.

26 miles that is the length of a marathon.

Well done!

Written By: snozberries on 04/05/14 at 3:36 am

26 miles that is the length of a marathon.

Well done!

Yes it's a half marathon day two after doing a full marathon the day before.
It's quite the accomplishment...even tho I haven't actually completed it I think I've done quite well. I'm just really hoping this year is the year I do the whole thing.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/05/14 at 2:20 pm

I want to run half a marathon one day!

Written By: Howard on 04/05/14 at 3:42 pm

Have a good walk.  :)

Written By: Howard on 04/05/14 at 3:45 pm

That would be a lot of training.

Written By: nally on 04/05/14 at 10:18 pm

It's quite the accomplishment...even tho I haven't actually completed it I think I've done quite well. I'm just really hoping this year is the year I do the whole thing.

I should say so! This is definitely an accomplishment and I applaud you for it. :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/14 at 2:59 am

I don't know if I'll ever get to the point where I can run one but I'm hoping to get a good time for walking one

my 5k was more of a 10K.... the finish line was about a mile from the starting line and my parking place was about 1/2 mile further than that so that was an extra mile just to get to and from my car.  There was additional walking done to look at the tents set up for the fitness expo... all in all I walked close to 7 miles today.

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/14 at 3:04 am

Have a good walk.  :)

thanks Howard.

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/14 at 3:04 am

I should say so! This is definitely an accomplishment and I applaud you for it. :)

thanks!

Written By: 80sfan on 04/06/14 at 5:35 am

That would be a lot of training.

I know, huh?  :P

I probably need to drop weight first, I mean I probably won't have much stamina if I weigh what I weigh now.

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/14 at 5:52 am

ahhhh...unruly out of control college students....

This

http://www.noozhawk.com/images/uploads/040514-Deltopia-DelPlaya-me-630x340.jpg

turned into this in a matter of hours... 

http://www.keyt.com/news/thousands-riot-in-the-streets-of-isla-vista/25345906

Written By: 80sfan on 04/06/14 at 6:01 am

This

Even this isn't normal, is it Snoz?

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/14 at 6:12 am

Even this isn't normal, is it Snoz?

this event is out of control every year but this is the worst it's ever gotten

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/14 at 6:37 am

BTW, in Yorkshire today, Sheffield's Half Marathon has been cancelled due to a lack of water for runners, organisers have said.

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/14 at 6:50 am

BTW, in Yorkshire today, Sheffield's Half Marathon has been cancelled due to a lack of water for runners, organisers have said.

that's too bad... I usually just carry my own water

Written By: karen on 04/06/14 at 9:39 am

But most of them ran the race anyway.

Written By: karen on 04/06/14 at 9:40 am

I don't know if I'll ever get to the point where I can run one but I'm hoping to get a good time for walking one

my 5k was more of a 10K.... the finish line was about a mile from the starting line and my parking place was about 1/2 mile further than that so that was an extra mile just to get to and from my car.  There was additional walking done to look at the tents set up for the fitness expo... all in all I walked close to 7 miles today.

Well done

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/14 at 2:38 pm

Well done

Thx

Written By: Howard on 04/06/14 at 3:26 pm

I know, huh?  :P

I probably need to drop weight first, I mean I probably won't have much stamina if I weigh what I weigh now.

plus you also have to drink a lot of water to keep yourself from being dehydrated.

Written By: Howard on 04/06/14 at 3:28 pm

This

Wow!  :o

Written By: Howard on 04/06/14 at 3:29 pm

So when will they get the water?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/14 at 3:33 pm

So when will they get the water?
I can only guess that the water never arrived, but the half marathon still went on.

Written By: nally on 04/06/14 at 10:38 pm

So tomorrow it is back to classes for me (that is, in the world of accounting)...

My week off has just flown by.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/14 at 12:35 am

So tomorrow it is back to classes for me (that is, in the world of accounting)...

Back to the grind.... ?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/07/14 at 6:51 am

good luck.

Written By: nally on 04/07/14 at 7:11 pm

Back to the grind.... ?  ;D

In a nutshell, yes.

good luck.

Thanks; I anticipate probably having another test (or two) this week.

Written By: karen on 04/08/14 at 2:05 am

Over the weekend James went to France for a school trip.  He got back late last night after having a great time.

On Sunday Elizabeth became W16 East Midlands Orienteering Champion for 2014.

I'm off work and the kids are off school for the next three weeks.  Elizabeth is revising for exams in May so she has a timetable drawn up for that.  I just need to keep James out of her way!

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/14 at 2:30 am

Over the weekend James went to France for a school trip.  He got back late last night after having a great time.

On Sunday Elizabeth became W16 East Midlands Orienteering Champion for 2014.

I'm off work and the kids are off school for the next three weeks.  Elizabeth is revising for exams in May so she has a timetable drawn up for that.  I just need to keep James out of her way!

O0

Written By: XYkid on 04/11/14 at 1:59 pm

Tonight my buddy and I are going to a huge party up in the Valley, which should be fun. It's about 2 hours from where I live and goes all night, so I hope I have enough energy to get home. Early tomorrow morning, my other friend is picking me up and we're driving to Utah, where I'm spending my spring break. I've had 3 exams and 2 essays this past week, so I'm really looking forward to some time off.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/11/14 at 2:37 pm

Tonight my buddy and I are going to a huge party up in the Valley, which should be fun. It's about 2 hours from where I live and goes all night, so I hope I have enough energy to get home. Early tomorrow morning, my other friend is picking me up and we're driving to Utah, where I'm spending my spring break. I've had 3 exams and 2 essays this past week, so I'm really looking forward to some time off.

You picked a good week to come to Utah.  It's supposed to be beautiful. 

Written By: Howard on 04/11/14 at 3:56 pm

enjoy the party.

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/14 at 6:42 pm

I wanna go to SLC comic con but I can't get time off from work. Maybe next year.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/11/14 at 8:54 pm

I wanna go to SLC comic con but I can't get time off from work. Maybe next year.

If I could afford it I would go.  I think it is coming again in September as well. 

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/14 at 10:01 pm

If I could afford it I would go.  I think it is coming again in September as well.

Cool. I know James Marsters is gonna be there April 17th or whatever.  I wanna meet him again.  :)

Written By: Ripley on 04/11/14 at 10:31 pm

Have a fun spring break! :)

Written By: Ripley on 04/11/14 at 10:41 pm

I have obviously not been on much, but I'm stopping in just to let those wondering know what I have been up to.  I've mentioned in another thread that I have been having a lot of late hours lately, which sucks.  It just makes me more tired and not as apt to get online.  Even on my days off I am tired now.  :-\\  One reason I don't like working in the night, particularly weekend nights, is because there are some weird often scary people that come in.  I live in a huge town.  I both reside and work in the part of it that is said to be the safest, however it doesn't feel that way anymore.  It seems that most of them come in from 8-12pm and were open 24hrs.  There are times where I feel uncomfortable and just want to go hide in the back.  :( 

Written By: nally on 04/12/14 at 12:30 am

I have obviously not been on much, but I'm stopping in just to let those wondering know what I have been up to.  I've mentioned in another thread that I have been having a lot of late hours lately, which sucks.  It just makes me more tired and not as apt to get online.  Even on my days off I am tired now.  :-\\  One reason I don't like working in the night, particularly weekend nights, is because there are some weird often scary people that come in.  I live in a huge town.  I both reside and work in the part of it that is said to be the safest, however it doesn't feel that way anymore.  It seems that most of them come in from 8-12pm and were open 24hrs.  There are times where I feel uncomfortable and just want to go hide in the back.  :(

Thanks for letting us know; hang in there, Im sure you're dealing with everything just fine. Things can get crazy sometimes..

Written By: nally on 04/12/14 at 12:32 am

Have a good time, XYKid! :)

Written By: Dagwood on 04/12/14 at 9:01 am

Cool. I know James Marsters is gonna be there April 17th or whatever.  I wanna meet him again.  :)

Adam Baldwin is gonna be here too.  I would love to go look at him.

Written By: snozberries on 04/12/14 at 12:32 pm

At first I was thinking Alec. I worked graveyards.... The brain? She is fried.  :D

Yeah Adam is cool.

Written By: Howard on 04/12/14 at 3:58 pm

You can always adjust, don't worry about it.

Written By: Howard on 04/12/14 at 3:59 pm

Is he a relation to the Baldwins?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/12/14 at 4:37 pm

At first I was thinking Alec. I worked graveyards.... The brain? She is fried.  :D

Yeah Adam is cool.
I am watching Alec Baldwin  now.

Written By: nally on 04/12/14 at 5:16 pm

Nope, Adam is not one of them, according to what I've researched. :-\\

Written By: nally on 04/12/14 at 5:17 pm

Anyways... I had a productive day at the library today.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/12/14 at 7:24 pm

Yeah Adam is cool.

Ew, no not Alec.  Not my cup of tea at all. ;D

No he isn't.  He just happens to have the same last name. :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/12/14 at 10:19 pm

Ew, no not Alec.  Not my cup of tea at all. ;D

No he isn't.  He just happens to have the same last name. :)

Yeah I'm not a fan of Alec either.

Adam tho....he's awesome!!!

Written By: Howard on 04/13/14 at 3:45 pm

No he isn't.  He just happens to have the same last name.

Oh Ok, I just thought that Adam was a Baldwin that they forgot about.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/13/14 at 6:46 pm

Oh Ok, I just thought that Adam was a Baldwin that they forgot about.

;D

Nope.  It's a common misconception, though.

Written By: snozberries on 04/13/14 at 7:27 pm

;D

that's the whole reason google was created....just so that question could be answered once and for all  :D

Written By: Howard on 04/14/14 at 6:53 am

;D

Well, he should be related.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/14/14 at 8:21 am

Well, he should be related.

Why?  Just because they have the last name?  Lots of people share a name but aren't related.  I share a last name with Julia Roberts but am not and don't want to be related.

Written By: nally on 04/14/14 at 7:09 pm

Why?  Just because they have the last name?  Lots of people share a name but aren't related.  I share a last name with Julia Roberts but am not and don't want to be related.

that's right... many last names out there are quite common. In fact, there are numerous people (famous or not) who share my last name, but I'm pretty sure they're not related to me. In fact, there was once a pro baseball pitcher (active during the 90s and 2000s) who had the same first and last name as me, but I'm not related to him.

Written By: Howard on 04/14/14 at 7:27 pm

and also I have the same last name as Kenneth Starr but doesn't mean I'm related to him.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/14/14 at 7:41 pm

and also I have the same last name as Kenneth Starr but doesn't mean I'm related to him.

That was my point, Howard.  You were the one who said they should be related.

Written By: snozberries on 04/14/14 at 8:55 pm

Well I, for one, totally wish u were!!!  :P

Written By: Howard on 04/15/14 at 6:56 am

That was my point, Howard.  You were the one who said they should be related.

Ok, we can move on from this now. Sorry for taking up too much time with this subject.

Written By: karen on 04/16/14 at 3:00 am

we are going away for Easter down to South Wales.  We will be staying with Dai's mum, but going to a big orienteering event that is being held nearby.

Written By: Howard on 04/16/14 at 7:11 am

we are going away for Easter down to South Wales.  We will be staying with Dai's mum, but going to a big orienteering event that is being held nearby.

Enjoy your time. :)

Written By: Dagwood on 04/16/14 at 11:00 am

Getting the lump removed from my face today.  Been waiting a long time for this!

Written By: snozberries on 04/16/14 at 1:49 pm

Have fun!!!

Written By: snozberries on 04/16/14 at 1:49 pm

Getting the lump removed from my face today.  Been waiting a long time for this!

Yay!!!

Written By: Dagwood on 04/16/14 at 4:57 pm

Yay!!!

Yay is right!  I have a face shaped face again.  And one awesome bruise. ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 04/16/14 at 6:37 pm

Numb is wearing off.  My face hurts.

Written By: Howard on 04/16/14 at 7:41 pm

Will they put to sleep before they remove the lump? ???

Written By: Howard on 04/16/14 at 7:42 pm

Numb is wearing off.  My face hurts.

take some aspirin.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/16/14 at 8:15 pm

Will they put to sleep before they remove the lump? ???

No, they didn't have too.  He was able to do it in his office, kind of like the dentist.  He numbed the area and cut it out.  A lot easier than surgery. :)

Written By: Dagwood on 04/16/14 at 8:16 pm

take some aspirin.

I did, thanks. :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/16/14 at 10:37 pm

Yay is right!  I have a face shaped face again.  And one awesome bruise. ;D

Yay for face shaped faces.  Boo for bruises. Even when they come for a good reason. 

Post bruise pics will be coming no?

Written By: Dagwood on 04/17/14 at 7:28 am

Yay for face shaped faces.  Boo for bruises. Even when they come for a good reason. 

Post bruise pics will be coming no?

Probably not.  It doesn't look as bad this morning.  Still hurts like heck, though. 

Written By: Howard on 04/17/14 at 8:07 am

No, they didn't have too.  He was able to do it in his office, kind of like the dentist.  He numbed the area and cut it out.  A lot easier than surgery. :)

Was it like a pimple? Or was it like a small tumor? ???

Written By: Dagwood on 04/17/14 at 9:22 am

Was it like a pimple? Or was it like a small tumor? ???

It was a lypoma, a fatty tumor.  Basically a 3 inch chuck of fat.  Quite common, it's just that mine decided to take up residence on my face. 

Written By: danootaandme on 04/19/14 at 11:12 am

Well, my life has been just crazy these past few months, but I have some good news.  We are closing on the family homestead on Tuesday.  The house has been in the family since about 1900, but it had deteriorated something awful.  After my mother and brother died we got my sister, who still lived there, into elderly housing and spent months sorting through stuff and clearing it out, it could have been an episode of hoarders.

Anyway, we had a few people we know look at it, and because of its condition we knew we wouldn't get alot for it.  We gave it to a realtor who said the same thing.  It was put on the market March 31, we got an offer for more than we thought we would get THE NEXT DAY!  We took it off course.  It turns out that it satisfies a lot of the criteria that Chinese people look for in terms of good luck.  The address, the position of the house, the position of the doors, the number of stairs in, all kinds of stuff.  The buyers live on the other side of the city and are thrilled they can stay in the city, they are not worried about the condition, one of the sons is already planning the rehab.  Win/Win.  We close on Tuesday(knock on wood).

Written By: 80sfan on 04/19/14 at 3:16 pm

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLjEGoJhflSX2t1MuAsisSkGbM9YnuSt3Ym2nMlwZl5hAsaHUR

Tomorrow is easter!!

Written By: Howard on 04/19/14 at 3:48 pm

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLjEGoJhflSX2t1MuAsisSkGbM9YnuSt3Ym2nMlwZl5hAsaHUR

Tomorrow is easter!!

Happy Easter!  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 04/19/14 at 4:18 pm

Happy Easter!  :)

Happy early Easter to you too!!  8) 8)

Written By: snozberries on 04/19/14 at 8:52 pm

Well, my life has been just crazy these past few months, but I have some good news.  We are closing on the family homestead on Tuesday.  The house has been in the family since about 1900, but it had deteriorated something awful.  After my mother and brother died we got my sister, who still lived there, into elderly housing and spent months sorting through stuff and clearing it out, it could have been an episode of hoarders.

Anyway, we had a few people we know look at it, and because of its condition we knew we wouldn't get alot for it.  We gave it to a realtor who said the same thing.  It was put on the market March 31, we got an offer for more than we thought we would get THE NEXT DAY!  We took it off course.  It turns out that it satisfies a lot of the criteria that Chinese people look for in terms of good luck.  The address, the position of the house, the position of the doors, the number of stairs in, all kinds of stuff.  The buyers live on the other side of the city and are thrilled they can stay in the city, they are not worried about the condition, one of the sons is already planning the rehab.  Win/Win.  We close on Tuesday(knock on wood).

That's excellent news!!!!

I watch a lot if House a hunters so I know how difficult it is to find a house with good Feng Shui!!!

If I'm ever lucky enough to buy a house I'm incorporating some of those elements myself  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/20/14 at 9:42 am

Way cool.

That's excellent news!!!!

I watch a lot if House a hunters so I know how difficult it is to find a house with good Feng Shui!!!

If I'm ever lucky enough to buy a house I'm incorporating some of those elements myself  :)

I don't know ALL the Feng Shui stuff but I do know that our staircase meets the criteria. The staircase isn't supposed to be right in front of the door because it means money will flow out. Our staircase is off to the side a bit-but with the $$$$$$ we have been spending on the house, I feel like the money is just flowing out.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 04/20/14 at 9:56 am

I don't know ALL the Feng Shui stuff but I do know that our staircase meets the criteria. The staircase isn't supposed to be right in front of the door because it means money will flow out. Our staircase is off to the side a bit-but with the $$$$$$ we have been spending on the house, I feel like the money is just flowing out.  :-\\

Cat

There is also something about the bedroom being directly above the kitchen causing strife.    Like Q, I watch a lot of House Hunters, too.

Cool, Danoota!

My mom showed her house for the first time yesterday and they guy is super interested as well.  It was a fluke, too.  Her fridge died and he was there to fix it.  She mentioned she was selling and he immediately asked to bring his wife back to look at it.  They both loved it.  Fingers crossed.

Written By: snozberries on 04/20/14 at 10:03 am

There is also something about the bedroom being directly above the kitchen causing strife.    Like Q, I watch a lot of House Hunters, too.

Cool, Danoota!

My mom showed her house for the first time yesterday and they guy is super interested as well.  It was a fluke, too.  Her fridge died and he was there to fix it.  She mentioned she was selling and he immediately asked to bring his wife back to look at it.  They both loved it.  Fingers crossed.

good luck to her

Written By: snozberries on 04/20/14 at 10:05 am

Way cool.

Cat

I probably wouldn't even look at house that has the stair facing the same direction as the door (anymore)....tha seems like the biggest feng shui faux pas   

Written By: Howard on 04/20/14 at 3:56 pm

I don't know ALL the Feng Shui stuff but I do know that our staircase meets the criteria. The staircase isn't supposed to be right in front of the door because it means money will flow out. Our staircase is off to the side a bit-but with the $$$$$$ we have been spending on the house, I feel like the money is just flowing out. 

Isn't Feng Shui supposed to bring good luck?

Written By: nally on 04/20/14 at 7:13 pm

Had a great day today. Went to church with my family, and then to brunch at Ottavios Italian Restaurant (which has been a tradition for us since 2003)... and then to my grandma's house to take care of some stuff. We also went over to the cemetery to put some flowers by my maternal grandparents' gravesite. And now, 9+ hours later, we are home.

Written By: snozberries on 04/21/14 at 3:18 am

Isn't Feng Shui supposed to bring good luck?

Feng shui is a process that brings luck. Follow the rules of Feng shui and you have good luck. Go against the rules and you open yourself to bad luck.

Written By: nally on 04/21/14 at 6:43 pm

Feng shui is a process that brings luck. Follow the rules of Feng shui and you have good luck. Go against the rules and you open yourself to bad luck.

cool. I often wondered how it worked.

Written By: snozberries on 04/21/14 at 7:36 pm

The list is very long and complex. Basically it's about inviting good energy into your space and not allowing it to escape. And not inviting negative energy in. 

The house cannot be on a culdesac or t intersection as that creates trap that keeps the energy from moving.

The land of the house cannot have a sloping yard.

The front door and back door should not be aligned as the energy is invited in but then immediately flows out.

The front door should be positioned directionally based on your Kia number (it's your lucky number that is calculated by your birth year.) apparently your birthdate is different on a Chinese calendar (I was born one month and a day earlier according to the website I found to calculate my #)

There's something about the kitchen not bring too close to the front door and the post ion of the oven is important because you don't want to have your back to the direction your good energy flows from.

There's the stairs not coming down into the front door thing Cat mentioned

A bed must be positioned so the feet do not face the door

There's much more but I think you get the idea.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/14 at 1:42 am

I had a wonderful time away from these boards having a family bonding break, and there is more to come this year.

Written By: XYkid on 04/22/14 at 3:29 am

So Spring Break is over, I had fun in Utah, though I did sprain my wrist while skiing. Thankfully it was a mild sprain and I should be over it quickly.
Only 6 more weeks left of school and then I'm moving to Seattle in June.

Written By: Howard on 04/22/14 at 7:07 am

I had a wonderful time away from these boards having a family bonding break, and there is more to come this year.

nice to see you again.  :)

Written By: nally on 04/22/14 at 7:17 pm

That's good. Once again, glad you are back. :)

Written By: nally on 04/22/14 at 7:18 pm

So Spring Break is over, I had fun in Utah, though I did sprain my wrist while skiing. Thankfully it was a mild sprain and I should be over it quickly.

Take care with all of that.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/22/14 at 7:54 pm

It doesn't.  It's pseudoscientific (I don't even want to dignify it with "pseudoscience") malarkey.  Or as Penn and Teller would put it, it's It's BS.

But it sorta does work.  If you live in an area in which there are lots of Chinese folks (or gullible westerners who swallow any BS from China because THE WISDUM OF the ANCIENTS SUPERIOR TO WESTERN SCIENTIFICIS!M), there are people who will pay good money for this crap.  Following its design principles costs an architect or real estate agent nothing more than few hours of his or her time in basic research, the homebuying suckers pay a few hundred for some stupid mystic's stamp of approval. and that stamp of approval can add thousands of dollars to the price of the home.  Some followser of Chinese superstition's willing to pay me $20000 more for a house because I put the end table here and not there?  Hey, I'll make sure to find out what those sort of people like so I can move the damn table into the "right" place long before anyone shows up for the open house.  That's a good return on investment. 

In markets with people who like the woo, people who don't follow its principles do tend to have worse luck selling their homes, at least compared to those who pretend to believe in it during the sales process.  Supply and demand.  As long as superstitious people demand, the market will supply.

Written By: Ripley on 04/23/14 at 9:19 pm

Congrats on moving to Seattle, since it's what you want.  :)

Written By: loki 13 on 04/24/14 at 4:05 pm

I was coming home from work tonight and as I was stopped at a red light, I was about six cars back, I realized
that every car in front of me had a stick figure family in the rear window. I see these window stickers more and more.
A nice little family; A dad, a mom, two or three kids, a dog and/or cat, some sports related some not but this got me
thinking, I want to get my own stick family sticker for the window but I want mine to be different. I want a Dad,
seven moms and two rows of kids, that will get people talking wouldn't it?

Written By: warped on 04/24/14 at 4:49 pm

Hey, enjoy the move to Seattle. I've visited there a few times. Nice place. I love zoos and Seattle has a nice one.

Written By: Howard on 04/24/14 at 6:11 pm

I was coming home from work tonight and as I was stopped at a red light, I was about six cars back, I realized
that every car in front of me had a stick figure family in the rear window. I see these window stickers more and more.
A nice little family; A dad, a mom, two or three kids, a dog and/or cat, some sports related some not but this got me
thinking, I want to get my own stick family sticker for the window but I want mine to be different. I want a Dad,

you mean like mannequins? ???

Written By: loki 13 on 04/24/14 at 6:23 pm

you mean like mannequins? ???

This: http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t86/jeb1075/blog%20pics%202009/stupidstickfiguresymmetry2.jpg

Or this:  http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216/Peacefulrain09/Silly/6tzvotao1_500.jpg

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/24/14 at 7:41 pm

Holy crap, please do that. That would be amazing.

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/14 at 12:40 am

ha ha ha....

seriously tho... I often wonder about the people who do these stick figures....why advertise to someone who's in the family???
I want to write an spec script of Criminal Minds where the pedofile chooses families based on the information given on these cars...he's in a shopping center parking lot. he sees Dad, Mom boy boy dog....he moves on until he finds mom, girl, girl, cat.  that's a home he can break into and terrorize the occupants... 

Or this:  http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216/Peacefulrain09/Silly/6tzvotao1_500.jpg

I approve!!! O0

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/25/14 at 1:15 am

This: http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t86/jeb1075/blog%20pics%202009/stupidstickfiguresymmetry2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/N9tp0zk.jpg

Written By: XYkid on 04/25/14 at 1:32 am

http://i.imgur.com/N9tp0zk.jpg
That would've been cool in, like, 2009.

Written By: nally on 04/25/14 at 7:48 pm

Had a dental appointment this morning; my teeth are healthy.

Written By: Jessica on 04/27/14 at 3:01 pm

I picked my azz today.  I just thought everyone should know.  My underwear were crawling like mad, yo.

Written By: warped on 04/27/14 at 3:07 pm

I picked my azz today.  I just thought everyone should.  My underwear were crawling like mad, yo.

No pictures? youtube video?
I hate it when underwear itches...

Is it my turn to pick a body part to scratch now ?  :D

Written By: Jessica on 04/27/14 at 3:11 pm

Or talk about your dentistry.  One of them.

Written By: Jessica on 04/27/14 at 3:20 pm

Actually, I'm going to go clean stuff now, then I'll come back and report on how my laundry washing went.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/27/14 at 3:35 pm

Allllmost done with school for the semester. It's a good thing I rediscovered this forum, because I was running out of ways to procrastinate my papers. At this point, though, I'm all....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aznFLJ5qjl8

Written By: Howard on 04/27/14 at 3:36 pm

I picked my azz today.  I just thought everyone should know.  My underwear were crawling like mad, yo.

Was it a bug up your ass?  :D

Written By: Howard on 04/27/14 at 3:37 pm

after you pick a body part, my turn. :D

Written By: Howard on 04/27/14 at 3:38 pm

Actually, I'm going to go clean stuff now, then I'll come back and report on how my laundry washing went.

give us a play by play report.

Written By: Jessica on 04/27/14 at 3:45 pm

Allllmost done with school for the semester. It's a good thing I rediscovered this forum, because I was running out of ways to procrastinate my papers. At this point, though, I'm all....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aznFLJ5qjl8

Our new phrase at work when we don't want to do something but know we have to is, "F*ck that."

Written By: warped on 04/27/14 at 4:06 pm

Ooh laundry..so exciting! 
http://dailyfig.figment.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/funny-gif-Boo-Monsters-Inc.gif

Written By: Howard on 04/27/14 at 4:12 pm

Our new phrase at work when we don't want to do something but know we have to is, "F*ck that."

ours is "we have to eat our crap and like it".

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/14 at 4:51 pm

I picked my nose....looked at it....then wiped it on the underside of my desk!  #Rockin'ItElementarySchoolStyle!

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/14 at 5:10 pm

Please don't leave out any of the fascinating details.  don't forget to include a fascinating story about how you've been doing your own laundry since 19XX 

ooh... how many loads???

whites? darks?? colors???

Liquid soap or powder or pods???

Bleach???

liquid fabric softener or dryer sheets?

:D

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/14 at 5:11 pm

after you pick a body part, my turn. :D

you want to pick at warped body?

oh never mind... I misread it  :D 

Written By: Dagwood on 04/27/14 at 5:27 pm

Neither...dryer balls.

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/27/14 at 5:36 pm

can you tell me how laundry was in April of 2009, and if soo was it soo much greater than march of 2011?????

Written By: warped on 04/27/14 at 5:44 pm

can you tell me how laundry was in April of 2009, and if soo was it soo much greater than march of 2011?????

Comparing laundry dates? That's Decalaundrylogy...  :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/14 at 5:53 pm

Neither...dryer balls.

dryers have balls??? 

http://lucysfootball.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/disapprove.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/14 at 5:54 pm

Comparing laundry dates? That's Decalaundrylogy...  :D

http://www.barbroose.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Oh_No_You_Didn__t-300x277.jpg

that one's for Ash

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/27/14 at 6:29 pm

I picked my nose....looked at it....then wiped it on the underside of my desk!  #Rockin'ItElementarySchoolStyle!
i like Jess, am doing laundry...  I smelled a pair of undies to see if they were clean or dirty!  They were infact dirty and I think I have are too much garlic in the past week! 

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/27/14 at 6:31 pm

Please don't leave out any of the fascinating details.  don't forget to include a fascinating story about how you've been doing your own laundry since 19XX 

ooh... how many loads???

whites? darks?? colors???

Liquid soap or powder or pods???

Bleach???

:D

you don't want me to go there...  My play by play would be too detailed, as I spot check and pre treat every stain on my kids, hubbies and my clothes! 

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/14 at 6:46 pm

you don't want me to go there...  My play by play would be too detailed, as I spot check and pre treat every stain on my kids, hubbies and my clothes!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ozc134T4_V8/TwKufcEgsMI/AAAAAAAAB0M/wQR-A_D01GU/s1600/JCLittle_9-ways-to-say-no5.jpg

Written By: Jessica on 04/27/14 at 6:55 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

My laundry is going, my dishes are done, and now I'm eating the dinner.

Written By: warped on 04/27/14 at 6:59 pm

You forgot to post 17 pics of your dinner...and a full description of what's on the menu.

Written By: Jessica on 04/27/14 at 7:09 pm

You forgot to post 17 pics of your dinner...and a full description of what's on the menu.

This ain't InstaTwitterBook! :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/14 at 7:18 pm

how many times do you chew each bite?

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/14 at 7:19 pm

;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/27/14 at 8:23 pm

i made the popular Midwestern meal of tater tot casserole.

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/27/14 at 8:24 pm

snapgram

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/27/14 at 10:26 pm

snapgram

For HOW MANY BILLIONS?!!1!!!

Written By: Jessica on 04/27/14 at 10:38 pm

So on a serious note, April has been pretty mellow.  Survived the Spring Break rush at the museum, because it wasn't really rushing.  No one wants to do museum stuff anymore. :(

So now I chill until work picks up again.  The life of a seasonal employee.  I do have some hours on the weekends and a lot of night events lined up (because our museum is apparently the place to party), so that will bring in some extra cash.

I've had a sinus infection that I've been battling all month.  Calling my regular doctor tomorrow so I can get a possible referral to an ENT.

To expand on things from my return post.  Almost two years have passed.  Things have changed.  We have a cat now (she's an enormous bitchy Calico named Precious), our dog just had surgery to remove his balls and a possible tumor, but he's pretty healthy.  We survived a really bad financial time for us (but not super bad in the grand scheme of things) and are now almost out of debt.  Almost.  We may have to buy a car though, so there goes that. :)  Rice Cube and the boy are healthy.  I'm middling.  I've been in and out of the hospital more than I care to remember in the past year and a half.  Cellulitis attacks that have involved PICC lines, sinus problems, and now.....a lap band that might be failing.  That's a long story that I'll save for another time though.

Written By: Howard on 04/28/14 at 7:20 am

I picked my nose and flung it.  :P

Written By: Howard on 04/28/14 at 7:21 am

How about the 1800's?

Written By: Dagwood on 04/28/14 at 7:30 am

So on a serious note, April has been pretty mellow.  Survived the Spring Break rush at the museum, because it wasn't really rushing.  No one wants to do museum stuff anymore. :(

So now I chill until work picks up again.  The life of a seasonal employee.  I do have some hours on the weekends and a lot of night events lined up (because our museum is apparently the place to party), so that will bring in some extra cash.

I've had a sinus infection that I've been battling all month.  Calling my regular doctor tomorrow so I can get a possible referral to an ENT.

To expand on things from my return post.  Almost two years have passed.  Things have changed.  We have a cat now (she's an enormous bitchy Calico named Precious), our dog just had surgery to remove his balls and a possible tumor, but he's pretty healthy.  We survived a really bad financial time for us (but not super bad in the grand scheme of things) and are now almost out of debt.  Almost.  We may have to buy a car though, so there goes that. :)  Rice Cube and the boy are healthy.  I'm middling.  I've been in and out of the hospital more than I care to remember in the past year and a half.  Cellulitis attacks that have involved PICC lines, sinus problems, and now.....a lap band that might be failing.  That's a long story that I'll save for another time though.

Yay for being almost out of debt!  Sucks about the health probs, though.

Has the dog forgiven you? ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/14 at 11:02 am

How about the 1800's?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jjFSVidVjhI/UGVR926x1kI/AAAAAAAAIZg/MTbc71O7ZOo/s1600/Girls%2Bin%2Bthe%2BLaundry.JPG

Written By: Howard on 04/28/14 at 7:54 pm

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jjFSVidVjhI/UGVR926x1kI/AAAAAAAAIZg/MTbc71O7ZOo/s1600/Girls%2Bin%2Bthe%2BLaundry.JPG

before washers and dryers.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/28/14 at 8:48 pm

Starting the first Monday of May (May 5) I will start applying for jobs!  :)

Written By: Jessica on 04/28/14 at 9:47 pm

Yay for being almost out of debt!  Sucks about the health probs, though.

Has the dog forgiven you? ;D

Not a chance. ;D

Written By: nally on 04/28/14 at 11:26 pm

Good luck on that! :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/14 at 12:57 am

Why not start today, you may miss some good opportunities?

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/14 at 7:00 am

Best of luck to ya.

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/14 at 7:03 am

Met the cast of the Goldbergs (minus the youngest kid) they were really cool.  Got pics w everyone but George Segal...he's 80 I got an autograph, thanked him for his body of work.

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/14 at 7:04 am

Just a guess but Sunday paper (which is May 4th) has the most (& best) job listings.

I'm guessing he's perusing Sunday's paper then applying for some on Monday......

.... Or he has plans this week.  :D

Written By: Howard on 04/29/14 at 7:19 am

congratulations!  :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/29/14 at 8:18 am

So, I woke up to the sound of my own voice this morning, which is a first for me. I had a series of very vivid and sad dreams last night, and woke up saying "I can't let go of people..." In the dream, it was said rather loudly, so I am wondering just how loud I was IRL. Meh.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/14 at 1:35 pm

Just a guess but Sunday paper (which is May 4th) has the most (& best) job listings.

I'm guessing he's perusing Sunday's paper then applying for some on Monday......

.... Or he has plans this week.  :D
...or simply, enjoy yourself before the onslaught begins.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/29/14 at 2:10 pm

I'm busy this week.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 04/29/14 at 2:16 pm

Thanks everybody! I do need to get my butt up from my lab top. It's about time!

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/14 at 2:25 pm

I'm busy this week.  ;D

look at that... I'm psychic!

dispatchers do have crystal balls!!!

Written By: 80sfan on 04/29/14 at 3:37 pm

look at that... I'm psychic!

dispatchers do have crystal balls!!!

Dear psychic snozberries,

will my book get published one day? Let me know. Please! Pretty, pretty please!!  ;D ;D

$50 per hour for a reading?

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/14 at 3:46 pm

Dear psychic snozberries,

will my book get published one day? Let me know. Please! Pretty, pretty please!!  ;D ;D

$50 per hour for a reading?

yes you will. you may have to self publish or it may go to kindle... it may be on ebooks or a blog but you will write something people will read

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/14 at 3:50 pm

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"  ;D

Written By: karen on 04/29/14 at 4:01 pm

stressed!

Dai is in Chicago at a conference.

today I had a training course in Birmingham so I had to drive there (thankful I could have the car because it is nearly three hours by train and a ton of changes)

The drive should take around an hour so I left an extra half hour early.  It took practically two hours to do!  Straight in to the course without time for a wee or a cup of tea.  And it was only a so-so course with a crappy lunch.  Then I left at 4.00 and I had to drive back to pick up James and Elizabeth, drop James at a friends and be in Leicester (half an hour from home) for 6.15!  What a good job it didn't take two hours to drive home from the course!

Elizabeth received her Duke of Edinburgh Bronze award tonight from some Leicester Tigers rugby players (presented locally through Scouts, you only get to see the Duke when you reach Gold).

Then I drove home to fetch James from his Scout meeting including a parent meeting about an expedition he's planning.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/14 at 4:06 pm

stressed!

today I had a training course in Birmingham so I had to drive there (thankful I could have the car because it is nearly three hours by train and a ton of changes)

The drive should take around an hour so I left an extra half hour early.  It took practically two hours to do!  Straight in to the course without time for a wee or a cup of tea.  And it was only a so-so course with a crappy lunch.  Then I left at 4.00 and I had to drive back to pick up James and Elizabeth, drop James at a friends and be in Leicester (half an hour from home) for 6.15!  What a good job it didn't take two hours to drive home from the course!

Elizabeth received her Duke of Edinburgh Bronze award tonight from some Leicester Tigers rugby players (presented locally through Scouts, you only get to see the Duke when you reach Gold).

Then I drove home to fetch James from his Scout meeting including a parent meeting about an expedition he's planning.
Well done Elizabeth!

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/14 at 4:09 pm

stressed!

busy day.....

should you really even have a cup of tea if you don't get to wee after a two hour car ride?  ;) 

Written By: karen on 04/29/14 at 4:12 pm

should you really even have a cup of tea if you don't get to wee after a two hour car ride?  ;)

I couldn't decide which I needed more!

Written By: 80sfan on 04/29/14 at 4:13 pm

I wonder where that quote originated from?  :(

Written By: karen on 04/29/14 at 4:15 pm

I wonder where that quote originated from?  :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_work_and_no_play_makes_Jack_a_dull_boy

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/14 at 4:19 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_work_and_no_play_makes_Jack_a_dull_boy
It appears in Stephen King's novel "The Shining" as a brief mention and is featured prominently in the 1980 film The Shining.

Written By: Howard on 04/29/14 at 4:21 pm

I'm busy this week.  ;D

C'mon How are you busy?  ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/29/14 at 4:22 pm

I would think so.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/29/14 at 4:28 pm

C'mon How are you busy?  ::)

I'm helping my family with the basement we're rebuilding right now! I'm helping them choose the furniture for the basement too.

You are kind of right. I could start now, but I'm kind of OCD. I guess Monday just sounds like a nice and clean cut date!

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/14 at 4:30 pm

two birds...one stone..... simultaneous input/output.....sip tea while you wee    :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/14 at 4:31 pm

Everything stops for tea!

Written By: 80sfan on 04/29/14 at 4:35 pm

yes you will. you may have to self publish or it may go to kindle... it may be on ebooks or a blog but you will write something people will read

I wonder how you get the attention of a big publishing company. I might have to have Stephen King's mojo/talent for that!  8)

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/14 at 4:36 pm

I wonder how you get the attention of a big publishing company. I might have to have Stephen King's mojo/talent for that!  8)

getting a literary agent would be a good place to start...

Written By: Howard on 04/29/14 at 4:43 pm

Everything stops for tea!

for me it's coffee.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/29/14 at 7:16 pm

stressed!

Way to go, Elizabeth!

Written By: 80sfan on 04/30/14 at 1:37 am

getting a literary agent would be a good place to start...

Karma point for the reminder! I forgot about an agent!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/30/14 at 6:58 am

Wow, can't believe April is over. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/30/14 at 7:22 am

Wow, can't believe April is over. :o
Not over yet, we still have to live today!

Written By: Ripley on 04/30/14 at 6:24 pm

Hello friends.  Sorry I haven't been on much.  But tonight, when I get back from running an errand, I'm going to do some major posting.  Also, I've just finally added some pictures of me.  I decided it was time to reveal what I look like!  :P

Written By: Howard on 04/30/14 at 8:12 pm

Hello friends.  Sorry I haven't been on much.  But tonight, when I get back from running an errand, I'm going to do some major posting.  Also, I've just finally added some pictures of me.  I decided it was time to reveal what I look like!  :P

nice to see you again.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...