inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: May day, may day! THAT month before summer begins

Written By: 80sfan on 04/27/14 at 3:52 pm

Hope you all had a great April!  8)

Subject: Re: May day, may day! THAT month before summer begins

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/14 at 8:52 pm

May welcomes me back to Dayshift  8)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/28/14 at 8:26 am

Okay, so I was definitely all  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o when I saw this, because I have papers due on the 1st of May that I have not even started yet. Whew.

Now, back to procrastinating!

Written By: Ripley on 04/30/14 at 6:25 pm

Hope you all had a great April!  8)

April was a tiring month for me.  I hope for a better May.  A major plus is that I have my second vacation of the year at the end of the month.  A week only but that's okay.

Written By: Ripley on 04/30/14 at 6:26 pm

May welcomes me back to Dayshift  8)

Cool, mornings or afternoons?

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/14 at 6:50 pm

Cool, mornings or afternoons?

715-1715.

Written By: Howard on 04/30/14 at 8:10 pm

looking forward to Memorial Day weekend. :)

Written By: Ripley on 04/30/14 at 9:15 pm

looking forward to Memorial Day weekend. :)

Do you have something fun planned?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/14 at 3:32 am

'White rabbit'

Written By: Jessica on 05/01/14 at 6:46 am

LOOK AT ALL OF THE MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT!!!!

Oh wait, still have to pay bills. :P

Written By: Dagwood on 05/01/14 at 6:55 am

I had that same problem yesterday, Jess.  Love payday, hate bill paying.

Written By: Howard on 05/01/14 at 7:32 am

Do you have something fun planned?

My friend invited me over for a small party. Hopefully, the weather is permissible.

Written By: Howard on 05/01/14 at 7:32 am

I have a lot of money in my bank account.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/01/14 at 7:59 am

Last month of the spring semester and only 5 months until I leave for Paris for 4 months. Bah!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/14 at 12:25 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1gewTWM6fH0

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/01/14 at 2:34 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1gewTWM6fH0

Very interesting!

Written By: Howard on 05/01/14 at 2:56 pm

Last month of the spring semester and only 5 months until I leave for Paris for 4 months. Bah!

enjoy Paris.  :)

Written By: Ripley on 05/01/14 at 3:58 pm

This is me directly after I get paid!

BTW I love your stuffed Dolphin!  That's my favorite animal! 

Written By: Ripley on 05/01/14 at 3:58 pm

My friend invited me over for a small party. Hopefully, the weather is permissible.

Cool, have fun!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/01/14 at 4:02 pm

enjoy Paris.  :)

Thanks, Howard! I've never been in a plane before, so hopefully I can quickly overcome that fear.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/01/14 at 4:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pljyjiIMH9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzaUskMyJmM

Cat

Written By: karen on 05/01/14 at 4:58 pm

Busy day at work.  All the Year 12s did three biology exams today (two practical and one theory paper) so we had lots of setting up and clearing to do in a short space of time.  Thankfully most other teachers are finishing off theory or doing revision classes in the run up to the school exam week/ start of public exam period.

Tried a new chip shop tonight for our evening meal.  The food was quite good and we'll probably go back again - might try the steak pie next time.  Somehow they messed up our order and we got an extra fish and chips.  we kept it hot and Elizabeth gave it to one of the assistant leaders at scouts who usually goes there straight from work.

Written By: nally on 05/01/14 at 7:27 pm

I had two accounting tests today. One was a chapter test, reviewing the final chapter of the second level of accounting (I took this one in the morning)... and the other was a review of the entire second level (a "final exam", if you will; I took it in the afternoon). So now I will await the grade on the final, and then do a little "project" similar to the one I did after completing the first level of accounting.

Written By: warped on 05/01/14 at 7:59 pm

I had two accounting tests today. One was a chapter test, reviewing the final chapter of the second level of accounting (I took this one in the morning)... and the other was a review of the entire second level (a "final exam", if you will; I took it in the afternoon). So now I will await the grade on the final, and then do a little "project" similar to the one I did after completing the first level of accounting.

Hope you did well. When do you find out the results?
Hope this gives you an advantage to find a job.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/01/14 at 8:20 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjoCZN-CfhE

Written By: nally on 05/01/14 at 10:44 pm

Hope you did well. When do you find out the results?

Most likely tomorrow.

Hope this gives you an advantage to find a job.

Thanks. I hope so too. In fact, many people who have taken this course (and others that the V.A.C.E. has to offer) have gone on to get some good job offers.

Written By: Howard on 05/02/14 at 4:14 pm

Cool, have fun!

Thanks.

Written By: nally on 05/02/14 at 6:43 pm

Most likely tomorrow.

And today I found out that I did well on said exam.

However, I have not moved on to the next assignment, as my instructor was absent today (he was apparently feeling sick), and only he can provide me with the assignment, because he needs to explain some things about it before I begin. So I'll have to wait until Monday for that.

Written By: warped on 05/02/14 at 6:59 pm

However, I have not moved on to the next assignment, as my instructor was absent today (he was apparently feeling sick), and only he can provide me with the assignment, because he needs to explain some things about it before I begin. So I'll have to wait until Monday for that.

Yay for doing well on said exam.

Written By: nally on 05/02/14 at 7:40 pm

Yay for doing well on said exam.

Thank you.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/03/14 at 10:46 am

My new goal is to curb my truck driver mouth.  I made it yesterday four hours before a word flew.  Today was only a half hour.  It's not gonna be easy, but will be worth it.

Written By: karen on 05/03/14 at 12:46 pm

Next door's burglar alarm went off at 6 this morning for half an hour  >:(

Dai came home this morning after his trip to Chicago.  He was at a conference, based at a hotel near the airport so he only got into Chicago proper once for the conference dinner.  It was held at one of the museums

Three day weekend for us to celebrate May Day

James is doing a karate competition tomorrow.  He is in a team and a pair for the kata (standard karate moves in a set pattern) and is also fighting in the afternoon.

On Monday we are getting together with a couple of other families for a walk.  Fingers crossed for decent weather, it has been lovely today

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/03/14 at 12:48 pm

My new goal is to curb my truck driver mouth.  I made it yesterday four hours before a word flew.  Today was only a half hour.  It's not gonna be easy, but will be worth it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Let it all hang out.  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 05/03/14 at 2:47 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Let it all hang out.  ;)

;D

Written By: Howard on 05/03/14 at 4:06 pm

Congratulations. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/03/14 at 4:07 pm

Next door's burglar alarm went off at 6 this morning for half an hour

Was somebody alerted?

Written By: Jessica on 05/03/14 at 8:21 pm

Dai came home this morning after his trip to Chicago.  He was at a conference, based at a hotel near the airport so he only got into Chicago proper once for the conference dinner.  It was held at one of the museums

Oooh, which one?

Written By: snozberries on 05/04/14 at 10:24 am

Oooh, which one?

I was wondering if it was your museum as well! 

Written By: karen on 05/04/14 at 11:29 am

Oooh, which one?

He thinks it was called Chicago History Museum

I told him you worked at one of them

Written By: karen on 05/04/14 at 11:32 am

Was somebody alerted?

I was on my own in the house (well, plus the kids).  I looked out the window and couldn't see any doors/windows open.  I didn't fancy going out in the street and looking.  The alarm had gone off at random times in the week for 5 minutes or so at a time.  Its new people there and I guess they aren't used to the alarm.

I did debate calling the police or the landlord, but figured it probably wasn't a break in.

Written By: karen on 05/04/14 at 12:12 pm

James is doing a karate competition tomorrow.  He is in a team and a pair for the kata (standard karate moves in a set pattern) and is also fighting in the afternoon.

James won joint bronze medal in the team kata (three performers at once).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/04/14 at 12:54 pm

WTG James.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/04/14 at 3:05 pm

Yesterday my brother and I were at a bar watching the pre-race broadcast for the Kentucky Derby when this hipster-looking fellow with a beard and a fedora sitting on the other side of the bar asks, "How many laps is this?" "Just one lap," I replied. But I couldn't let him off that easy. I then added, "It's not like it's the Kentucky 500, those poor horses would drop dead."

Later we were driving around with one of our nephews and we started talking about what it would be like if horse races were as long as auto races and how funny it would be if they had pit stops, where one guy runs out with a giant can of oats instead of gasoline and another couple of guys change the horse's shoes with those high-speed air wrenches that they use to change the tires in NASCAR, and then when they're all done the crew chief slaps the horse on the ass and it takes off in a big cloud of dust.  :D

Written By: warped on 05/04/14 at 3:19 pm

Yesterday my brother and I were at a bar watching the pre-race broadcast for the Kentucky Derby when this hipster-looking fellow with a beard and a fedora sitting on the other side of the bar asks, "How many laps is this?" "Just one lap," I replied. But I couldn't let him off that easy. I then added, "It's not like it's the Kentucky 500, those poor horses would drop dead."

Later we were driving around with one of our nephews and we started talking about what it would be like if horse races were as long as auto races and how funny it would be if they had pit stops, where one guy runs out with a giant can of oats instead of gasoline and another couple of guys change the horse's shoes with those high-speed air wrenches that they use to change the tires in NASCAR, and then when they're all done the crew chief slaps the horse on the ass and it takes off in a big cloud of dust.  :D

;D

In Europe they have the 24-hour LeMans with horses...got ride em 24 hour straight.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/04/14 at 3:48 pm

;D

In Europe they have the 24-hour LeMans with horses...got ride em 24 hour straight.

And as the horses keel over one by one, a truck scoops them up and then hauls them straight to the glue factory.  :o

Written By: warped on 05/04/14 at 3:50 pm

And as the horses keel over one by one, a truck scoops them up and then hauls them straight to the glue factory.  :o

http://carhumor.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/car-humor-funny-joke-road-street-drive-driver-horsepower-horse-power-engine.jpg

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/04/14 at 3:53 pm

http://blog.chron.com/hoofbeats/files/2012/06/2012-06-18_11-36-36_580.jpg

Written By: Howard on 05/04/14 at 4:03 pm

congratulations to James.  :)

Written By: Howard on 05/04/14 at 4:12 pm

In the next couple of weeks, My Father will finally try to get the basement redone. I mean living here after 42 years and of all the stuff such as rain and mildew has been building up downstairs with the smell and all, It's going to be done eventually. First, It'll be the ceiling with better lighting, better looking walls and floors and the closets will be done probably by 2015. My Father is just upset about looking at this house after over 40 years living here and of all the things that has been happening here, He just feels that he wants to move but can't because it's too pricey for a new home. This house has had it's share of memories of Me and my late Brother. Has anyone have had that feeling?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 05/04/14 at 4:51 pm

In the next couple of weeks, My Father will finally try to get the basement redone. I mean living here after 42 years and of all the stuff such as rain and mildew has been building up downstairs with the smell and all, It's going to be done eventually. First, It'll be the ceiling with better lighting, better looking walls and floors and the closets will be done probably by 2015. My Father is just upset about looking at this house after over 40 years living here and of all the things that has been happening here, He just feels that he wants to move but can't because it's too pricey for a new home. This house has had it's share of memories of Me and my late Brother. Has anyone have had that feeling?  ???

I never had a childhood home... or a home town for that matter. we moved every two years up until I started high school. Then we moved every 5 yrs... the aparment I live in now is the longest I've lived anywhere. I moved in 10yrs ago. I should've moved a long time ago but I hate moving now so I just stay and suffer.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/04/14 at 5:00 pm

I never had a childhood home... or a home town for that matter. we moved every two years up until I started high school. Then we moved every 5 yrs... the aparment I live in now is the longest I've lived anywhere. I moved in 10yrs ago. I should've moved a long time ago but I hate moving now so I just stay and suffer.

Yup-went to 11 schools before I graduated high school. I have lived in this house for 15 years-the longest I have ever lived anyplace. But I'm sure that is going to change.

Cat

Written By: warped on 05/04/14 at 5:06 pm

I have never ever lived in a house, Howard. Could never afford one.  Too Expensive.
The longest I have ever lived in one place is 8 years. Since the 1980s, the longest I have ever lived in one place is 4 years.
I can't even begin to count the # of times I have moved in my life.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/04/14 at 5:39 pm

I lived in a house for ten years. This house was the longest. Lived there from 1991 to 2001.

Another house, I lived for nine.

The current one I am living in, with my parents  ;D, is 4 years now.

I don't like to move a lot. If I found a nice house one day (and have enough money), I'd probably live there for 20+ years!

Written By: nally on 05/04/14 at 7:16 pm

I have never ever lived in a house, Howard. Could never afford one.  Too Expensive.
The longest I have ever lived in one place is 8 years. Since the 1980s, the longest I have ever lived in one place is 4 years.

I lived in a house for ten years. This house was the longest. Lived there from 1991 to 2001.

I don't like to move a lot. If I found a nice house one day (and have enough money), I'd probably live there for 20+ years!

I don't like to move a lot either... and I must admit I've only done it twice in my life. The first time was in November of 2000, from our mobile home (which I'd lived in for the first 20 years of my life, except for the first three months after the Northridge earthquake 20 years ago... hey, moving our stuff out of there and later moving it back in could also be considered a move, albeit an unplanned one) to my grandma's house, where we would live while our new home was being built. The second time was in February of 2001, from my grandma's house to our new home, where we still are today.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/04/14 at 7:31 pm

I don't like to move a lot either... and I must admit I've only done it twice in my life. The first time was in November of 2000, from our mobile home (which I'd lived in for the first 20 years of my life, except for the first three months after the Northridge earthquake 20 years ago... hey, moving our stuff out of there and later moving it back in could also be considered a move, albeit an unplanned one) to my grandma's house, where we would live while our new home was being built. The second time was in February of 2001, from my grandma's house to our new home, where we still are today.

Karma, for the true story.

Wow, so you've lived 13 years in that place!

Written By: nally on 05/04/14 at 7:39 pm

Yep, 13 years and counting. And I love the place. :)

My grandma who recently died, lived in her house for 51 years, and for the past 2 1/2 months we have been going through all the stuff in there to clean it all out (in fact, we were there yesterday) to eventually put the place up for sale. My mom (who lived in it as a kid/teen/young adult from 1963-76) has co-owned that house, and is still deciding what to do with some of the items which are still in usable condition.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/04/14 at 7:47 pm

I've moved 4 times in my life and everytime I ever did I missed my home.

Written By: warped on 05/04/14 at 7:51 pm

I just counted the # of places I have lived.
21 so far.
I wish I lived in 1 place all my life.  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 05/04/14 at 8:15 pm

I moved a lot growing up.  I went to 8 different elementary schools.  Once we moved to Brigham City Utah, we stayed there for 13 years.  Then I moved out and moved nine more times, the last time to where I am now.  I have been here close to 20 years.

Written By: snozberries on 05/04/14 at 8:19 pm

21 so far.

17 residences to date... actually 18 I just remembered another move....

and I was once homeless for 2 months...  (high demand in the housing market here made it nearly impossible for me to find a place to live between my summer residence and my second year at college...I wasn't in an apartment from august until mid october...)

Written By: Howard on 05/05/14 at 6:52 am

I never had a childhood home... or a home town for that matter. we moved every two years up until I started high school. Then we moved every 5 yrs... the apartment I live in now is the longest I've lived anywhere. I moved in 10yrs ago. I should've moved a long time ago but I hate moving now so I just stay and suffer.

Do you feel you've wanted to move somewhere where it's peaceful and quiet?

Written By: Howard on 05/05/14 at 6:59 am

Our Family moved into this neighborhood in 1972 when My late brother was about a year old then 2 years later I was born (almost in the car, My Mother's water broke) then we started to create a life in this house. My Mother wanted to show me to my Father's father but unfortunately he had passed away a year before I was born so that was that. So this house has had it's memories, it's had it's good and it's had it's bad.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/14 at 7:01 am

I told my mother at one time, I just cannot live by myself, I need assistance.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/14 at 7:02 am

I've lived in my house for 41 years.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/14 at 7:03 am

21 so far.

you've never had a childhood home?

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/14 at 9:50 am

Do you feel you've wanted to move somewhere where it's peaceful and quiet?

where i live is very peaceful and quiet...it's also very small. I have no oven, didn't think that would be a big deal since I hate to cook but it's a pain... and I have no washer and dryer. 

I want a two bedroom, two bath (or bigger) place with an oven, dishwasher, washer and dryer... but I can't afford to move and the truth is I've sort of settled where I am. I only want to move one more time in my life so I need to find a place I can afford where I can live forever... until I get stuck in a home or something... but that's a whole 'nother thing

Written By: karen on 05/05/14 at 10:08 am

Wow, I'm surprised at how often some of you have moved.

I lived in the same house growing up until I married.  My parents moved there in 64/65 (not sure exactly when) and my dad still lives there now.

Since getting married I have lived in 4 different houses.  Apart from the one in the US the others have all been in the town I grew up in.  We moved into this house in 2000.  I do occasionally look in the paper to see what houses are on the market, but generally this house suits us.

Written By: karen on 05/05/14 at 10:12 am

On Monday we are getting together with a couple of other families for a walk.  Fingers crossed for decent weather, it has been lovely today

Lovely day today at Foxton Locks (a flight of ten locks on a canal) and surrounding area.  James and his friends navigated for us as a practice for their scout expedition next weekend.  We saw a muntjac deer (about the size of a dog) on the edge of a field.  Loads of people were at the locks just watching the canal boats going up and down the staircase.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/05/14 at 10:40 am

I've lived in my house for 41 years.

You win!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/05/14 at 11:47 am

21 so far.

I really don't know how to count. I have lived in motels for a week at a time and I don't know if they count. I only counted 2 of the motels because I was there for about 3 months in each. Without counting basic training & 2 tech schools, this house makes it 20 and soon to be 21.

I am glad that I haven't lived in one place all my life. I like new things and new experiences.

Cat

Written By: warped on 05/05/14 at 12:08 pm

you've never had a childhood home?

I always lived in apartments, never in a house.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/14 at 7:32 pm

where i live is very peaceful and quiet...it's also very small. I have no oven, didn't think that would be a big deal since I hate to cook but it's a pain... and I have no washer and dryer. 

I want a two bedroom, two bath (or bigger) place with an oven, dishwasher, washer and dryer... but I can't afford to move and the truth is I've sort of settled where I am. I only want to move one more time in my life so I need to find a place I can afford where I can live forever... until I get stuck in a home or something... but that's a whole 'nother thing

If you wanted to? What are you willing to price one for?

Written By: Howard on 05/05/14 at 7:35 pm

You win!

My brother was born and a year later ( I was almost born in the car cause My Mother's water broke) I was born too, I got the small room and My brother had the bigger room but in 1989 I wound up with the bigger room and My brother had taken the smaller room till he passed away 6 years later. Something about an arguement with My Father but I don't want to get into that.There's more room to move in the bigger room.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/14 at 7:37 pm

I always lived in apartments, never in a house.

If you wanted to, how much are you willing to price one for?

Written By: nally on 05/05/14 at 8:19 pm

I would imagine.

My dad moved 5 times during his childhood: Iowa to Missouri (briefly) to southern California to northern California (Sacramento area, briefly) to southern California and twice within his second stint in so-Cal (Northridge to Canoga Park, which are very close). And then when he married my mom, they settled in an apartment in Newbury Park, then moved to an apartment in Van Nuys less than a year later, before moving to the mobile home where I would live from birth until age 20.

Written By: nally on 05/05/14 at 8:21 pm

I moved a lot growing up.  I went to 8 different elementary schools.  Once we moved to Brigham City Utah, we stayed there for 13 years.  Then I moved out and moved nine more times, the last time to where I am now.  I have been here close to 20 years.

Wow. Interesting story. With regard to elementary schools, I also went to several of them, but not as many as you did. This was mainly due to various circumstances which I won't delve into.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/05/14 at 10:10 pm

It seems I've come to a point in my life where I am mentally stable enough to keep a job, or go to school for the next four years.

I haven't signed up for a job yet, but anyone who's listening, yes I will soon.  ;D  It wasn't like Monday, May 5 came, and everything was going to happen all at once.

But yes, what's important is my mind is at peace right now, for the first time in seven years.

I feel like a butterfly out of its chrysalis!

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/14 at 12:40 am

If you wanted to? What are you willing to price one for?

The problem is I can't afford a home ( or even a town house/condo) in Santa Barbara. It's anywhere from. 450,000-750, 000  just for a small place.

Even a 1bdrm/1ba apt runs 375k-425k.  I will always dream about owning my own place but it'll never really happen for me.

Written By: karen on 05/06/14 at 1:50 am

having re-read this, it's interesting how some of you don't count apartments as homes.  I would say that anywhere you live can become a home it doesn't have to only be a traditional two storey house

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/06/14 at 6:53 am

We moved around a bit when I was a child. I lived in 5 houses, up until I graduated high school.  Then when I got my own apartment, I moved another 4 times, then got married and lived in one apartment, one house and one townhome.
Went to 6 different school buildings (all in the same district) Kindergarten through 8th grade, and 2 different high schools.  I had trouble making and keeping friends and was pretty shy (and that really hasn't changed much into adulthood.)  We've been in this townhome for 1 and a half years now, and I don't know where we will end up next.  Nothing ever feels permanent to me, I wonder if I'm part gypsy?  :-\\ ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/06/14 at 6:59 am

As for my plans in May, have a few doctors appointments for me, my hubby and my stepdaughter.  I should be down in Ohio, taking care of my mom (who recently got out of the hospital.)  She spent most of February through April in and out of the hospital having had a heart attack, a new valve replaced in her heart, and having congestive heart failure on top of everything else.  I did stay to take care of her at my parents house for about a month, but let's just say they still see me as this incompetant teenager and it's very disheartening.  I had to get out of there or lose my sanity.  I have not wanted to go back, even though I should, and I feel guilty about it.  I should enjoy my parents for however long I have them for.  Sometimes it's not so easy to enjoy them, such as it is.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 05/06/14 at 7:12 am

I would imagine.

My dad moved 5 times during his childhood: Iowa to Missouri (briefly) to southern California to northern California (Sacramento area, briefly) to southern California and twice within his second stint in so-Cal (Northridge to Canoga Park, which are very close). And then when he married my mom, they settled in an apartment in Newbury Park, then moved to an apartment in Van Nuys less than a year later, before moving to the mobile home where I would live from birth until age 20.

My Parents started in 1970 in a small house but then a couple of years later they moved here just before I was born and they started a family. And here we are 42 years later.

Written By: Howard on 05/06/14 at 7:14 am

The problem is I can't afford a home ( or even a town house/condo) in Santa Barbara. It's anywhere from. 450,000-750, 000  just for a small place.

Even a 1bdrm/1ba apt runs 375k-425k.  I will always dream about owning my own place but it'll never really happen for me.

Wow,that's expensive.  :o

Written By: Howard on 05/06/14 at 7:17 am

We moved around a bit when I was a child. I lived in 5 houses, up until I graduated high school.  Then when I got my own apartment, I moved another 4 times, then got married and lived in one apartment, one house and one townhome.
Went to 6 different school buildings (all in the same district) Kindergarten through 8th grade, and 2 different high schools.  I had trouble making and keeping friends and was pretty shy (and that really hasn't changed much into adulthood.)  We've been in this town home for 1 and a half years now, and I don't know where we will end up next.  Nothing ever feels permanent to me, I wonder if I'm part gypsy?  :-\\ ;D

I went to a couple of schools and they were all in walking distance (some of them not so much walking) and half my life I was in Mainstream and Special Ed Classes.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/06/14 at 9:44 am

Hate this time of year.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/14 at 10:03 am

As for my plans in May, have a few doctors appointments for me, my hubby and my stepdaughter.  I should be down in Ohio, taking care of my mom (who recently got out of the hospital.)  She spent most of February through April in and out of the hospital having had a heart attack, a new valve replaced in her heart, and having congestive heart failure on top of everything else.  I did stay to take care of her at my parents house for about a month, but let's just say they still see me as this incompetant teenager and it's very disheartening.  I had to get out of there or lose my sanity.  I have not wanted to go back, even though I should, and I feel guilty about it.  I should enjoy my parents for however long I have them for.  Sometimes it's not so easy to enjoy them, such as it is.  :-\\

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/14 at 11:12 am

having re-read this, it's interesting how some of you don't count apartments as homes.  I would say that anywhere you live can become a home it doesn't have to only be a traditional two storey house

I have lived in apartments and have counted them in my list of 18...oops... I forgot one... I'm up to 19.... anyway...

I think of an apartment as a home but not one that I have any particular interest in living in long term.  I detest shared walls but even more I detest people living above and/or below me.....  plus I have the dog so I need some kind of a yard or large patio I can put turf on...

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/14 at 11:13 am

(((((hugs)))))  it's not easy....especially when they make it even less easy......  :-\\

Written By: warped on 05/06/14 at 11:17 am

If you wanted to, how much are you willing to price one for?

Can't afford one, unless someone wants to sell us a house for 15 cents. ;D Compared to just everyone I know around my age, we are in a much worse financial position than just about anyone. We aren't that far away from living on the street. That's all I'm gonna say.

Written By: warped on 05/06/14 at 11:28 am

It seems I've come to a point in my life where I am mentally stable enough to keep a job, or go to school for the next four years.

I haven't signed up for a job yet, but anyone who's listening, yes I will soon.  ;D  It wasn't like Monday, May 5 came, and everything was going to happen all at once.

But yes, what's important is my mind is at peace right now, for the first time in seven years.

I feel like a butterfly out of its chrysalis!

Great! I am honestly happy for you. 

I know you mentioned before you wanted to move out as soon as you had the chance.  If you did that, might be hard to go to school and pay for your rent with a job as well.  So I guess if you go to school you have to stay home, and if you decide to get a job you will move out?

Written By: 80sfan on 05/06/14 at 11:45 am

Great! I am honestly happy for you. 

I know you mentioned before you wanted to move out as soon as you had the chance.  If you did that, might be hard to go to school and pay for your rent with a job as well.  So I guess if you go to school you have to stay home, and if you decide to get a job you will move out?

Karma for the concern.

Well, my real dream is to be a published writer. I guess I'm going to have to sacrifice college in order to get a job. There's so many combinations that it would have overwhelmed a more immature 80sfan, like six years ago. I could take like two classes a semester instead of four, and keep my full time job. Or I could just stay home and take a full semester for the next three or four years. I could dump college altogether and not move out, and live with my parents while having a full time job, blah, blah, blah.  :)

I'm thinking of getting a full time job now, and moving out. I guess there's no 'perfect' solution.

Though I DO love my parents, I think I need space from them for at least three years.

When I do get a job I plan to keep it for three years at least. It's because I need a feeling of stability right now!

Written By: warped on 05/06/14 at 11:49 am

Karma for the concern.

Well, my real dream is to be a published writer. I guess I'm going to have to sacrifice college in order to get a job. There's so many combinations that it would have overwhelmed a more immature 80sfan, like six years ago. I could take like two classes a semester instead of four, and keep my full time job. Or I could just stay home and take a full semester for the next three or four years. I could dump college altogether and not move out, and live with my parents while having a full time job, blah, blah, blah.  :)

I'm thinking of getting a full time job now, and moving out. I guess there's no 'perfect' solution.

Though I DO love my parents, I think I need space from them for at least three years.

When I do get a job I plan to keep it for three years at least. It's because I need a feeling of stability right now!

If you do look for a job, don't forget to also look up employment agencies in your area. Kelly Services and other companies like that one. They have leads to find you a job..of course it will be a little less paying coz they grab part of your salary (around 25% of 30%) as commission, but at least you get a job and acquire experience.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/14 at 12:18 pm

For all of you who would like to own their own home, there are bargains out there but you just have to know where to look and you will have to be prepared to do some work. It is still pretty much a buyers market out there.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/14 at 1:13 pm

For all of you who would like to own their own home, there are bargains out there but you just have to know where to look and you will have to be prepared to do some work. It is still pretty much a buyers market out there.

Cat

Not in Santa Barbara. It's def a sellers market.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/14 at 1:14 pm

I imagine that the affordable property is just outside Los Angeles, like Simi Valley.

Written By: warped on 05/06/14 at 1:29 pm

I don't know if its sellers or buyers market here coz I cant afford anything anyways, not even a 200 square foot condo in the middle of nowhere! lol

Written By: XYkid on 05/06/14 at 2:23 pm

I just started my new job at Party City. It's only 6 weeks long, but it will be nice to add to my resume before I go to Seattle.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/14 at 2:28 pm

I just started my new job at Party City. It's only 6 weeks long, but it will be nice to add to my resume before I go to Seattle.
Exactly, well done, try and pick up other skills so more can be put on your resume.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/06/14 at 3:01 pm

Sounds fun. Even if it's only six weeks.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 05/06/14 at 3:03 pm

Cat

Work, work!  :D :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/14 at 3:05 pm

http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3141285606--Camino-De-La-Aldea-Santa-Barbara-CA-93111

http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3153754256--Santa-Teresita-Dr-Santa-Barbara-CA-93105

http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3142445382--San-Fernando-Dr-Santa-Barbara-CA-93111

http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3127590202--Foothill-Rd-Santa-Barbara-CA-93110

That was only with a quick search.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/06/14 at 4:31 pm

I have lived in apartments and have counted them in my list of 18...oops... I forgot one... I'm up to 19.... anyway...

I think of an apartment as a home but not one that I have any particular interest in living in long term.  I detest shared walls but even more I detest people living above and/or below me.....  plus I have the dog so I need some kind of a yard or large patio I can put turf on...

Do you prefer small apartments or luxury suite apartments?  ???

Written By: Howard on 05/06/14 at 4:33 pm

Karma for the concern.

It's nice to have some freedom once in a while.

Written By: Howard on 05/06/14 at 4:34 pm

Congratulations.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 05/06/14 at 7:15 pm

It's nice to have some freedom once in a while.

HOward, yes!

Written By: nally on 05/06/14 at 7:32 pm

I went to a couple of schools and they were all in walking distance (some of them not so much walking) and half my life I was in Mainstream and Special Ed Classes.

I didn't have any schools within walking distance of my house... except for an elementary school, but when I was elementary-school age, that particular school wasn't very good quality. However, when I was in high school, I worked in the office at said elementary school for a couple of summers, and the quality of the place had improved.

In addition, I, too, was in special ed beginning in the 5th grade. I "mainstreamed" into math during my 5th grade year, and "mainstreamed" into math and English for 6th grade. Then in junior high, I had regular math and English classes, and most everything else was special ed. But then in high school, I mostly had regular classes.

Written By: nally on 05/06/14 at 7:37 pm

Congratz on your new adventure! :)

Speaking of starting things... I finally got started on this accounting assignment that I've been waiting to start on since Friday. (My instructor is still out sick, but there is a co-instructor who I asked about it before I left the place yesterday afternoon; she said she'd get me started with it "tomorrow" (which points to today), first thing in the morning.) So it feels good to be making progress.

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/14 at 10:39 pm

I imagine that the affordable property is just outside Los Angeles, like Simi Valley.

Actually the affordable property is in la....well in the hood or the desert. I can great a great house in Palmdale but don't fancy a 5 hr daily commute.

Considering I work 10hr shifts (and a lot of 12 & 14 hr shifts) I don't want to live further than 20 miles from work.  I could move to where Jeff lives the 40 mile commute isn't too bad (during non rush hour hours) but after a 14 hr shift it would be dangerous for me to drive that far....I barely made it home today w/o falling asleep at the wheel.

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/14 at 10:42 pm

http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3141285606--Camino-De-La-Aldea-Santa-Barbara-CA-93111

http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3153754256--Santa-Teresita-Dr-Santa-Barbara-CA-93105

http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3142445382--San-Fernando-Dr-Santa-Barbara-CA-93111

http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3127590202--Foothill-Rd-Santa-Barbara-CA-93110

That was only with a quick search.

Cat

Most of those foreclosures aren't real they are come ons. Cheap foreclosures in Santa Barbara do not actually exist. I've looked into some. I found a place in the perfect neighborhood listed at 60k it was actually for sale via a realtor for 800k

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/14 at 10:43 pm

Do you prefer small apartments or luxury suite apartments?  ???

I have no apartment preference. I don't like apartments at all.

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/14 at 10:43 pm

Congrats

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/14 at 10:49 pm

Most of those foreclosures aren't real they are come ons. Cheap foreclosures in Santa Barbara do not actually exist. I've looked into some. I found a place in the perfect neighborhood listed at 60k it was actually for sale via a realtor for 800k

There is a great deal...a home in a million dollar neighborhood.  It's only $450k....of course it was gutted by one of the fires and needs a complete rebuild.  It's a bargain if you can afford to build a new house after buying the old one and bulldozing it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/14 at 3:29 am

Actually the affordable property is in la....well in the hood or the desert. I can great a great house in Palmdale but don't fancy a 5 hr daily commute.
True, it was a long drive, and at the wrong time of the day it can be longer

Written By: Howard on 05/07/14 at 6:52 am

HOward, yes!

unfortunately for me I still live with my parents. :(

Written By: Howard on 05/07/14 at 6:53 am

Congratz on your new adventure! :)

Speaking of starting things... I finally got started on this accounting assignment that I've been waiting to start on since Friday. (My instructor is still out sick, but there is a co-instructor who I asked about it before I left the place yesterday afternoon; she said she'd get me started with it "tomorrow" (which points to today), first thing in the morning.) So it feels good to be making progress.

Good for you.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 05/07/14 at 11:10 am

Well, the company called me back and I have an interview for the job tomorrow!

Thank you Jebus!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/14 at 11:15 am

Thank you Jebus!
That was quick, well done!

Written By: karen on 05/07/14 at 12:12 pm

best of luck with that

Written By: 80sfan on 05/07/14 at 12:43 pm

That was quick, well done!

Thanks!  :D

Written By: 80sfan on 05/07/14 at 12:44 pm

best of luck with that

Time to get out the hair gel, deodorant, and whiten my teethe.  8)

Written By: Jessica on 05/07/14 at 12:48 pm

There is a pair of doves on my balcony trying to make sex.  My cat is unimpressed and just wants to eat them both.

Completely random, but now I'm off to clean some more. :D

Written By: 80sfan on 05/07/14 at 1:03 pm

There is a pair of doves on my balcony trying to make sex.  My cat is unimpressed and just wants to eat them both.

;D

Written By: annimal on 05/07/14 at 1:15 pm

I've been going through Thyroid cancer and hopefully can get my final treatment for it soon.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/07/14 at 1:49 pm

I've been going through Thyroid cancer and hopefully can get my final treatment for it soon.

I hope you do get final treatment for it too.

Written By: Howard on 05/07/14 at 7:44 pm

Thank you Jebus!

best of luck!  :)

Written By: Howard on 05/07/14 at 7:45 pm

So let your cat eat them.

Written By: Howard on 05/07/14 at 7:46 pm

hope you get it treated soon.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/07/14 at 8:00 pm

Thank you Jebus!

Good luck!

Written By: warped on 05/07/14 at 8:57 pm

Thank you Jebus!

YAY! Good luck on your interview.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/07/14 at 10:06 pm

best of luck!  :)

Thanks. I haven't worked in 13 months!  :(

Written By: 80sfan on 05/07/14 at 10:06 pm

Good luck!

Dagnabbit, yes!

Written By: 80sfan on 05/07/14 at 10:07 pm

YAY! Good luck on your interview.

Have to find pants that fit me now for the interview!  :)

Written By: nally on 05/07/14 at 10:12 pm

Good for you.  :)

Thanks, Howard. I have been working on it some more today, and I am enjoying it, even though it has a few challenges. :)

Written By: nally on 05/07/14 at 10:13 pm

Thank you Jebus!

That is great! I hope it goes well for ya. Wishing you all the best. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 05/07/14 at 10:19 pm

That is great! I hope it goes well for ya. Wishing you all the best. :)

Karma. Back atcha!

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/07/14 at 10:53 pm

http://www.digdang.com/media/images/hawkward_13739.jpg
http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/493668/resized_emu-meme-generator-hawkward-i-find-it-emusing-3d300e.jpg

Written By: Howard on 05/08/14 at 7:37 am

Thanks. I haven't worked in 13 months!  :(

Well, it's a good start. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/08/14 at 7:38 am

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/493668/resized_emu-meme-generator-hawkward-i-find-it-emusing-3d300e.jpg

;D

Written By: Howard on 05/08/14 at 7:44 am

Just to let you guys know, I may be off the computer for a few days so as I can finally bring it in my Dell Windows Vista for repairing and renewing. The insides are shot and needs new stuff. It's probably going to cost me $600.00 but it's worth it, I'm just tired of the "blue screen of death" popping up every few months and the slowness sometimes. But anyway, I may drop by on another computer just to see how things are going.

Written By: Jessica on 05/08/14 at 7:53 am

;D

Written By: Howard on 05/08/14 at 2:39 pm

Just to let you guys know, I may be off the computer for a few days so as I can finally bring it in my Dell Windows Vista for repairing and renewing. The insides are shot and needs new stuff. It's probably going to cost me $600.00 but it's worth it, I'm just tired of the "blue screen of death" popping up every few months and the slowness sometimes. But anyway, I may drop by on another computer just to see how things are going.

My father decided that we'll do it Tuesday instead.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/08/14 at 7:24 pm

Had I don't know how many Pinot Grigios and I am feeling no pain right now.  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D I thought about having just ONE more before coming home but Carlos didn't want to pick me up off the floor.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Took off my heels so at least I won't fall off my shoe and break my leg.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: nally on 05/08/14 at 7:26 pm

Well...today I've started another element of my accounting course... Business English. I'm doing that in the afternoons while doing (general) accounting in the morning. In fact, the project I'm working on is expected to take a week to complete, and I am about halfway through that. So, I'm keeping busy.

Written By: annimal on 05/08/14 at 7:48 pm

thanks for those praying for me.  I heard that one of my doctors might be on vacation and another one of my doctors want to do a different treatment on me.  whatever

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/14 at 10:32 pm

thanks for those praying for me.  I heard that one of my doctors might be on vacation and another one of my doctors want to do a different treatment on me.  whatever

What do you want?

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/14 at 10:34 pm

Well everybody, I got the job!!  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 05/08/14 at 10:46 pm

Way to go!  That's awesome news!

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/14 at 11:16 pm

Way to go!  That's awesome news!

It's about time for good news in my life.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/08/14 at 11:41 pm

Congrats!!!

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/14 at 11:45 pm

Congrats!!!

80sfan is growing up. I'm so proud!  :\'( :\'( :D

I'm talking to myself. Sorry.  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/14 at 3:30 am

Well done!!

Written By: warped on 05/09/14 at 7:51 am

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What will you be doing?

Written By: 80sfan on 05/09/14 at 10:13 am

Well done!!

I should had a job a long time ago. Oh well!

Thanks.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/09/14 at 10:15 am

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What will you be doing?

Working for a book company that organizes and stacks college books. This should be fun.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/14 at 10:17 am

Working for a book company that organizes and stacks college books. This should be fun.  ;D
Hopefully not at the Book Depository in Dallas?  :D

Written By: 80sfan on 05/09/14 at 10:24 am

;D

Funny. I'm from the mid-west of the states though.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/09/14 at 10:33 am

YAY!!!!!

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/09/14 at 11:43 am

Or Book Suppository in Texas....  :D

(Full Metal Jacket)

Written By: snozberries on 05/09/14 at 11:44 am

I should had a job a long time ago. Oh well!

Thanks.

You have one now...that's what matters.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/09/14 at 2:15 pm

Thanks everyone for the congrats. It's appreciated, being that the past seven years have been emotionally heavy for me. The 'heavy' part is mostly from 80sfan's parents  :-X, they aren't the easiest people to be in the same room with, but it's nice to come here and have some funny and smart people to have conversations with!

It's nice to have a more lighthearted energy in my life.

Written By: Howard on 05/09/14 at 4:13 pm

Had I don't know how many Pinot Grigios and I am feeling no pain right now.  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D I thought about having just ONE more before coming home but Carlos didn't want to pick me up off the floor.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Took off my heels so at least I won't fall off my shoe and break my leg.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Have just one more.

Written By: Howard on 05/09/14 at 4:14 pm

Well...today I've started another element of my accounting course... Business English. I'm doing that in the afternoons while doing (general) accounting in the morning. In fact, the project I'm working on is expected to take a week to complete, and I am about halfway through that. So, I'm keeping busy.

that's wonderful.  :)

Written By: Howard on 05/09/14 at 4:15 pm

great news, well done!  :)

Written By: Howard on 05/09/14 at 4:16 pm

that should be fun. how much do they pay?

Written By: Howard on 05/09/14 at 4:17 pm

Thanks everyone for the congrats. It's appreciated, being that the past seven years have been emotionally heavy for me. The 'heavy' part is mostly from 80sfan's parents  :-X, they aren't the easiest people to be in the same room with, but it's nice to come here and have some funny and smart people to have conversations with!

It's nice to have a more lighthearted energy in my life.

I guess they're trying to look out for you.

Written By: annimal on 05/09/14 at 4:39 pm

thought I posted what I want here.  I want to get the treatment over and done with because I will probably have to take off my Coclear Implant for a week and will be radio active or whatever so I'll be isolated.  It will be a fun week whenever I do it.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/09/14 at 4:49 pm

that should be fun. how much do they pay?

$9 an hour.

Written By: Howard on 05/09/14 at 4:50 pm

$9 an hour.

sounds excellent.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 05/09/14 at 4:50 pm

I guess they're trying to look out for you.

Like two hawks!  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 05/09/14 at 4:51 pm

thought I posted what I want here.  I want to get the treatment over and done with because I will probably have to take off my Coclear Implant for a week and will be radio active or whatever so I'll be isolated.  It will be a fun week whenever I do it.

I hope things move faster for you.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/09/14 at 5:13 pm

Have just one more.

Nope. 4 (or was it 5?) was my limit. RARELY do I have more than 2 drinks. But it is so easy when the drinks are free. If I had one more, I would have ended up... 8-P

Cat

Written By: nally on 05/09/14 at 6:45 pm

Excellent!! :) 8) I'm so happy for ya.

Written By: nally on 05/09/14 at 6:47 pm

that's wonderful.  :)

Thanks. This course element is probably going to take me at least a month to complete, based on what's involved. Then I will probably do MS Access, Power Point, and Quickbooks, in some order.

Written By: karen on 05/11/14 at 7:34 am

Was in Cambridge yesterday for a Joint Morris Organisations Day of Dance.  Dance sides from across the country came together to dance in various locations in Cambridge, then we all joined together to have a massed dance in a city centre park.

The weather was predicted to be wet, but we only had one shower whilst walking between dance spots.

Cambridge is so touristy which meant lots of people taking our photos the whole time - even when we were eating lunch!

Written By: karen on 05/11/14 at 7:36 am

And I bought a red t-shirt with a picture of a penguin on it

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/11/14 at 9:22 am

In case anyone is interested:

The house is ready to move in which are going to do tomorrow. The movers are here right now packing up. The last of the videos are up on YouTube if anyone is interested. No one seemed to be so I stopped posted them in the thread about it.

And to top it off, last night the tooth that I had bonded in January? February? fell out.  :o :o :o I was eating a Hershey's Kiss when it came out.  :o :o :o  I could see if I was eating shelled pistachios or something like that-but chocolate? Without nuts? I now have a gaping hole in my tooth. It couldn't have happened on the worst week. At least it doesn't hurt. Only a bit of a twinge when I drink hot or cold. Didn't even bother me when I brushed my teeth. The soonest I will be able to see the dentist is Wednesday-that is if they can even get me in. 

Cat

Written By: karen on 05/11/14 at 12:59 pm

Congratulations on the move Cat and Carlos.  Enjoy your new old house

Written By: Howard on 05/11/14 at 7:50 pm

Happy Mother's Day!  :)

Written By: nally on 05/11/14 at 8:41 pm

Happy Mother's Day!  :)

I had a good time with my mom today. My dad and I took her out for brunch... and later on we went bowling, something I haven't done since last August. We managed to have a great time doing all these things. Oh, and I gave her a beautiful charm for her bracelet.
Right now we are just relaxing at home.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/12/14 at 12:44 am

Mother's Day is not so easy for some of us who have issues with our mothers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NpvZ68EIgA

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/12/14 at 10:44 am

One more paper to complete and then ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zGEBhJMHA&feature=youtu.be&t=30s

Written By: warped on 05/12/14 at 2:31 pm

Mother's Day is not so easy for some of us who have issues with our mothers!

Oh, very true!

Written By: nally on 05/12/14 at 7:06 pm

Good luck with your paper.

Written By: Howard on 05/12/14 at 7:57 pm

I had a good time with my mom today. My dad and I took her out for brunch... and later on we went bowling, something I haven't done since last August. We managed to have a great time doing all these things. Oh, and I gave her a beautiful charm for her bracelet.
Right now we are just relaxing at home.

Our family spent the day at my Uncle's house for dinner with my aunt and my grandmother there. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/12/14 at 7:58 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zGEBhJMHA&feature=youtu.be&t=30s

same here.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/13/14 at 3:33 am

Good luck with your paper.

Thank you!

Written By: nally on 05/13/14 at 7:01 pm

And I'm still working on an accounting assignment which should be done by tomorrow.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/14 at 2:57 am

And I'm still working on an accounting assignment which should be done by tomorrow.
Good luck

Written By: Howard on 05/14/14 at 7:11 am

Good Luck.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/14 at 7:14 am

I took out the money from The ATM and I'm ready to get a new computer, this one has had it. Some things will be saved and the others I'm going to have to download again.

Written By: karen on 05/14/14 at 11:14 am

Well yesterday I managed to accidently set off the fire alarms at school where I work.  Unfortunately some girls were taking a national exam at the time.  :-[

The teacher and I had to go and speak to the headmistress at the end of the day.  thankfully she was fine about it, was familiar with the equipment I was using and agreed it shouldn't have set the alarms off.

So now the Health and safety manager will be in checking the heat sensors in the alarms!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/14 at 11:16 am

Well yesterday I managed to accidently set off the fire alarms at school where I work.  Unfortunately some girls were taking a national exam at the time.  :-[

The teacher and I had to go and speak to the headmistress at the end of the day.  thankfully she was fine about it, was familiar with the equipment I was using and agreed it shouldn't have set the alarms off.

So now the Health and safety manager will be in checking the heat sensors in the alarms!
Anyway regular fire drill should be done and you contributed to the latest one  :)

Written By: karen on 05/14/14 at 11:29 am

Anyway regular fire drill should be done and you contributed to the latest one  :)

Yeah - we usually try not to do them during exams!

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/14 at 11:52 am

happens here all the time.... it's def better to know the systems are sensitive and need repair rather then finding out at the wrong time that they don't work at all....

I bet there were a few girls happy to be interrupted during their exam  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/14/14 at 3:44 pm

Well yesterday I managed to accidentally set off the fire alarms at school where I work.  Unfortunately some girls were taking a national exam at the time.  :-[

thankfully nothing happened.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/14 at 3:50 pm

Tomorrow, I finally take in the computer for a new one, found out that'll cost $600 plus another $200 for the guy to put the programs in from the last computer,I'll pay that with my credit card. So anyway,If I don't see you tomorrow morning,see you in just a few days but what I could do is log onto another computer to see how everything is going. Talk to you soon. :)

Written By: nally on 05/14/14 at 7:23 pm

Good luck

Good Luck.

Thank you both...but it's not quite done.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/14 at 2:53 am

I hope no midnight oil was burnt overnight on this.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/15/14 at 5:21 am

Tomorrow, I finally take in the computer for a new one, found out that'll cost $600 plus another $200 for the guy to put the programs in from the last computer,I'll pay that with my credit card. So anyway,If I don't see you tomorrow morning,see you in just a few days but what I could do is log onto another computer to see how everything is going. Talk to you soon. :)

Yay!! New computer!  :D :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/14 at 6:12 am

With fast broadband you will have instant access!

Written By: Howard on 05/15/14 at 7:52 am

Yay!! New computer!  :D :D

In just a few days. Hopefully this new computer is faster and don't crash often.

Written By: Howard on 05/15/14 at 7:53 am

With fast broadband you will have instant access!

and the new computer will be moved into my own room and the computer room will be used for My mother's T-Shirt business.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/14 at 7:58 am

and the new computer will be moved into my own room and the computer room will be used for My mother's T-Shirt business.
Sounds that you have it organised?

Written By: Howard on 05/15/14 at 8:17 am

Sounds that you have it organised?

should be pretty organized.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/14 at 2:32 pm

Well yesterday I managed to accidently set off the fire alarms at school where I work.  Unfortunately some girls were taking a national exam at the time.  :-Bangor University in a flap as noisy pigeons disrupt exams

Written By: annimal on 05/15/14 at 2:52 pm

I seem all confused and whatever and thats why I came here, to talk and play some games.

Written By: nally on 05/15/14 at 11:50 pm

This morning at 11:20 Pacific time, I completed it! :)

I hope no midnight oil was burnt overnight on this.

None was. I actually had contemplated working on it late at home, but sleep was my priority.

Written By: nally on 05/16/14 at 7:38 pm

And today I started the next level of accounting.

As for the project assignment, my instructor says he'll look at it over the weekend (and hopefully get the results to me on Monday).

Written By: nally on 05/17/14 at 10:09 pm

So today we spent at least 5 hours at my late grandma's house, doing some more cleaning out of stuff... and today that included packing up some stuff and taking it to a Salvation Army for donation. (This included some clothing items, linens, and knickknacks. Initially we were gonna see about selling these items in a rummage sale, but we just haven't had the time or energy to do it.) There's still plenty more to go.

Written By: karen on 05/18/14 at 3:23 am

Yesterday was the County Schools Orienteering Championships.  We had a school team entered.  I think we won, but the full results aren't out yet - there was a problem with processing them.

The weather has suddenly got warm and sunny here so I got sunburnt yesterday because I didn't put sun cream on.

Today we are going across to a mountain biking area.  Dai and the kids are going out on the bikes and I am going for a walk.  One day we'll sort out roof bars for the car so we can actually carry four bikes again!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/20/14 at 2:00 pm

In just a few days. Hopefully this new computer is faster and don't crash often.
Howard has not been with us for a few days now, has the computer crashed?

Written By: Dagwood on 05/20/14 at 7:26 pm

My mom sold her house today.  Not sure whether to be happy or sad.  I know she needed to do this and move to a more manageable property, she is getting older and can't do as much.  The sad part is it has been my grandma's house since I can remember.  It is like a piece of my childhood just went away. 

Written By: Howard on 05/20/14 at 8:36 pm

Howard has not been with us for a few days now, has the computer crashed?
Hi Phil, I'm still here. Sorry, it's been a while but I'm still waiting for computer guy to call back just to let us know  that the computer  is ready to be picked up. It should be any day now. But anyway I'll talk to you all soon.

Written By: snozberries on 05/20/14 at 9:33 pm

My mom sold her house today.  Not sure whether to be happy or sad.  I know she needed to do this and move to a more manageable property, she is getting older and can't do as much.  The sad part is it has been my grandma's house since I can remember.  It is like a piece of my childhood just went away.

That is sad.  But congrats to your mom

Written By: Dagwood on 05/20/14 at 10:16 pm

That is sad.  But congrats to your mom

Thanks. :)

Written By: nally on 05/20/14 at 11:33 pm

Hi Phil, I'm still here. Sorry, it's been a while but I'm still waiting for computer guy to call back just to let us know  that the computer  is ready to be picked up. It should be any day now. But anyway I'll talk to you all soon.

Good to know. Keep us posted!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/21/14 at 10:12 am

That is good to hear.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/21/14 at 12:08 pm

Definitely a mixed bag in terms of emotions. But, in the long run, it will be better for your mother.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 05/21/14 at 7:15 pm

Definitely a mixed bag in terms of emotions. But, in the long run, it will be better for your mother.

Cat

I know.  It's just the end of an era. 

Written By: Howard on 05/21/14 at 8:06 pm

Hi Guys, I'm back. :) I hope to talk to you guys tomorrow but right now just got the computer back this afternoon and I have to do the updates that is needed, got a load of them so I have to get that out of the way. So that's about it, see you soon, sure missed you guys and being on here. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/22/14 at 11:03 am

that's sad.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/14 at 11:04 am

Hi Guys, I'm back. :) I hope to talk to you guys tomorrow but right now just got the computer back this afternoon and I have to do the updates that is needed, got a load of them so I have to get that out of the way. So that's about it, see you soon, sure missed you guys and being on here. :)
Good to see you back!

Written By: Howard on 05/22/14 at 11:07 am

I'm definitely looking forward to coming back on here after a few days. Just got the new computer, It's a Dell Inspiron with Wireless Wi-fi and just last night I came home and had to install and re-install the programs that were on the old computer from before and trying to catch up on some things which was a pain in the butt. Anyway, talk to you guys again. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/22/14 at 11:08 am

Good to see you back!

Thanks.

Written By: annimal on 05/22/14 at 3:48 pm

my doctor that did the thyroid treatment is back and we should be hearing from her sometime soon. 

Written By: Dagwood on 05/22/14 at 8:01 pm

that's sad.

Yeah it is. :)

The good news is she put in an offer on a new house today.  Funny, just a week ago hers went on the market now she is waiting to hear about a new one. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/23/14 at 8:58 am

It is a Bank Holiday Weekend upon us in the UK, and as usual the climate turns cold, have to take your umbrella with you for the festive events.

Written By: karen on 05/23/14 at 10:56 am

A week off school for us!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/23/14 at 2:56 pm

A week off school for us!

Yay!!!

Cat

Written By: nally on 05/23/14 at 7:00 pm

Yeah it is. :)

The good news is she put in an offer on a new house today.  Funny, just a week ago hers went on the market now she is waiting to hear about a new one.

Good luck with that.

On a somewhat related note... my mom and I were able to get some more stuff out of her mother's house today, including stuff to either discard or donate... but there is still more to be done. My mom has even been in touch with a realtor, to help us put that house on the market when the time comes.

Written By: annimal on 05/23/14 at 7:22 pm

still waiting to hear from the doctor. poor messed up brain me called pudding yougurt.  I'm always getting stuff messed up these days.

Written By: annimal on 05/24/14 at 4:49 pm

still haven't heard from the doctor and seem real depressed today.

Written By: warped on 05/24/14 at 5:14 pm

Good luck with that.

On a somewhat related note... my mom and I were able to get some more stuff out of her mother's house today, including stuff to either discard or donate... but there is still more to be done. My mom has even been in touch with a realtor, to help us put that house on the market when the time comes.

That is a huge project. I hope your mom might find a couple of things she forgot about among all the stuff your grandma had, which will bring back good memories.

Is it a huge house that they are selling or small house (about how many Square feet is it?). I think the house is in L.A, since that is where you live or close to it,  so I imagine the price is high for such a house, esp in that area.  How much does a house that size go for these days in L.A?  :o  (approximately, of course, you cannot know the exact value)

Not that I am planning to buy it  ;D, just curious.

Written By: warped on 05/24/14 at 5:17 pm

I hope you hear from the doctor soon, it's frustrating to wait.

Written By: nally on 05/24/14 at 5:27 pm

That is a huge project. I hope your mom might find a couple of things she forgot about among all the stuff your grandma had, which will bring back good memories.

Oh yes; in fact we came across a handful of such items yesterday. Also, my mother's cousin who lives nearby came over to help out with organizing things, and that was good.

Is it a huge house that they are selling or small house (about how many Square feet is it?). I think the house is in L.A, since that is where you live or close to it,  so I imagine the price is high for such a house, esp in that area.  How much does a house that size go for these days in L.A?  :o  (approximately, of course, you cannot know the exact value)

It's a single story, "ranch style" home that was built in 1962. Approximately 1,726 sq ft, with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Also, it's on a busy street that's near a freeway, but the street wasn't busy when the houses were brand new, and the freeway didn't come along until the late 1970s. And I think the homes in that neighborhood are currently going for approximately half a million dollars, although some might sell for less than that. Not entirely sure on how much $$$ we might get for it, but I could ask my mom.  Also, it's about a 40-45 mile drive from where we live.

Not that I am planning to buy it  ;D, just curious.

:)

Written By: Howard on 05/24/14 at 6:07 pm

He called you "pudding yogurt" or did he call your brain "pudding yogurt"?

Written By: annimal on 05/24/14 at 7:03 pm

He called you "pudding yogurt" or did he call your brain "pudding yogurt"?

No I told my mom I was going to have yougurt, but we didn't have yougurt, it was pudding.  The doctor didn't call me anything and she is a girl doctor.

Written By: nally on 05/26/14 at 8:05 pm

Got some more stuff out of my grandma's house today; mainly, items for donation (such as clothing and knickknacks). The neighbors who are interested in the king size bed, also came over, but weren't ready to take the bed just yet. However, we did give them the TV and a painting that had been hanging in the bedroom. There's still plenty more work to do, but we made the best of our time there today (which was mostly in the afternoon, since we got there around lunchtime). My mom wants to see about getting the place on the market sometime next month, and sell it as is. (There is still other furniture in there, which we've decided to donate.)

Written By: karen on 05/27/14 at 2:56 am

nally could you get one of the charities to come and do a house clearance?  They do that here in the UK.  Obviously you'd have to take away any items you wanted to keep first, and then just tell them to take the rest.  It saves trying to move big pieces of furniture yourself

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/28/14 at 2:23 pm

I'm definitely looking forward to coming back on here after a few days. Just got the new computer, It's a Dell Inspiron with Wireless Wi-fi and just last night I came home and had to install and re-install the programs that were on the old computer from before and trying to catch up on some things which was a pain in the butt. Anyway, talk to you guys again. :)
Is the computer faster than your previous one?

Written By: Howard on 05/28/14 at 2:55 pm

Is the computer faster than your previous one?

Yes much faster than the old one, I now have Wireless WI-FI.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/28/14 at 2:56 pm

Splendid!

Written By: Howard on 05/28/14 at 3:15 pm

Splendid!

I probably won't see the "blue screen of death" for the next couple of years.

Written By: nally on 05/28/14 at 7:01 pm

nally could you get one of the charities to come and do a house clearance?  They do that here in the UK.  Obviously you'd have to take away any items you wanted to keep first, and then just tell them to take the rest.  It saves trying to move big pieces of furniture yourself

Oh yes, I think we might have one of the charities empty out the furniture. (Not sure which one, though; but my mom would know.) We are going to give one piece of the furniture, namely a dining table, to someone we know. :)

Written By: nally on 05/28/14 at 7:02 pm

That's good. We have that with our computers at home too.

Written By: annimal on 05/28/14 at 7:04 pm

I think tomorrow my mom is going to find out why we haven't heard from my doctor.

Written By: Howard on 05/29/14 at 8:31 am

That's good. We have that with our computers at home too.

and I don't have to plug in so many plugs into my D-Link.

Written By: annimal on 05/29/14 at 1:51 pm

cool, my mom had sent a story to I forgot where about me and my Brain Tumor and they liked it and will be posting some of it.

Written By: annimal on 05/29/14 at 4:18 pm

my doctor called back and I'm going on a diet for my Thyroid treatment tommorow.

Written By: nally on 05/29/14 at 7:22 pm

my doctor called back and I'm going on a diet for my Thyroid treatment tommorow.

Good to hear that's settled.

Written By: nally on 05/29/14 at 7:23 pm

Anyways... my mom has arranged with a contractor to get stuff out of her parents' house, and has also informed me that the place will be put on the market at the end of next week, with a starting price of $399,000.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/14 at 2:11 am

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10390450_10152453233550056_6711261913939890436_n.jpg

Written By: karen on 05/30/14 at 2:29 am

The weather has been rubbish most of this week.  So, although we've been off school/work we've mostly stayed at home.

We have done some spring cleaning and hopefully it will be dry today so we can finish some stuff in the garden.

My dad is going in to hospital on Monday.  He has a heart defibrillator, it was fitted in 2007, and now the batteries need changing.  So he will have an operation to sort this. If all goes as planned he will be out Monday evening and back to normal within a week.

Written By: Howard on 05/30/14 at 7:01 am

fruits and vegetables?

Written By: Howard on 05/30/14 at 7:02 am

Anyways... my mom has arranged with a contractor to get stuff out of her parents' house, and has also informed me that the place will be put on the market at the end of next week, with a starting price of $399,000.

any potential buyers?

Written By: Howard on 05/30/14 at 7:03 am

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10390450_10152453233550056_6711261913939890436_n.jpg

and almost the final day of May.  :o

Written By: karen on 05/30/14 at 9:58 am

It looks like Jessica has been sharing the love again.

I swear all of my fudges come from that

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/30/14 at 12:54 pm

The weather has been rubbish most of this week.  So, although we've been off school/work we've mostly stayed at home.

We have done some spring cleaning and hopefully it will be dry today so we can finish some stuff in the garden.

My dad is going in to hospital on Monday.  He has a heart defibrillator, it was fitted in 2007, and now the batteries need changing.  So he will have an operation to sort this. If all goes as planned he will be out Monday evening and back to normal within a week.

Hope everything goes ok for your dad.

Cat

Written By: nally on 05/30/14 at 7:05 pm

any potential buyers?

No, it's too soon for that. The house is not officially on the market yet.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/30/14 at 11:25 pm

Same here. ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/31/14 at 7:09 am

looking forward to a nice day with my buddy, Him And I are going to a BBQ sponsored by Harley Davidson and they'll be serving hot dogs and hamburgers.

Written By: nally on 05/31/14 at 10:38 am

looking forward to a nice day with my buddy, Him And I are going to a BBQ sponsored by Harley Davidson and they'll be serving hot dogs and hamburgers.

Have fun with that. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/31/14 at 3:57 pm

Have fun with that. :)

Just came back an hour or so ago and It was really nice. It's called The Miracle Mile of Harley Davidson and what they do it's like a big get together of everyone who is a Harley Davidson fan, they have food, drinks, loud music and a bunch of gatherings. Even though I was out of my element since I'm not used to wearing Harley Davidson garb I wore the shirt and a vest cause my buddy is a fan so I wore it just to blend in with the crowd even though I was out of my element, it was all for fun and I enjoyed myself. :)

Written By: nally on 05/31/14 at 5:15 pm

Just came back an hour or so ago and It was really nice. It's called The Miracle Mile of Harley Davidson and what they do it's like a big get together of everyone who is a Harley Davidson fan, they have food, drinks, loud music and a bunch of gatherings. Even though I was out of my element since I'm not used to wearing Harley Davidson garb I wore the shirt and a vest cause my buddy is a fan so I wore it just to blend in with the crowd even though I was out of my element, it was all for fun and I enjoyed myself. :)

Great; sounds like you had fun. O0

I had a good time volunteering at the library for a couple of hours today.

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/14 at 8:23 pm

We wanna see pics of you in the Harley gear :)

Written By: Howard on 06/01/14 at 4:01 pm

We wanna see pics of you in the Harley gear :)

Here I am with my buddy Randy, He loves Harley Davidson stuff and he's been going to these functions for many years. I felt a bit uncomfortable in the picture.

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/14 at 7:54 pm

Here I am with my buddy Randy, He loves Harley Davidson stuff and he's been going to these functions for many years. I felt a bit uncomfortable in the picture.

Looks good. You're just missing the all important Harley 'stache  :D

Written By: Howard on 06/02/14 at 6:41 am

Looks good. You're just missing the all important Harley 'stache  :D

Thanks. :) next time we go to those functions I'll be sure to buy fake mustaches. ;D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/05/15 at 10:57 pm

YEAH GO F*CK YOURSELF JESSICA!!! ???

Written By: snozberries on 03/06/15 at 12:14 am

You're about a year late.

Also....Jessica is awesome!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/13/15 at 8:39 am

http://i.imgur.com/HcT37.png?1?fb

Check for new replies or respond here...