inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: JUNE! Lets talk about life in June!

Written By: Dagwood on 05/30/14 at 11:26 pm

I can't believe no one has started this one yet...only a day away. :D

Subject: Re: JUNE! Lets talk about life in June!

Written By: nally on 05/31/14 at 5:16 pm

I hope it's a good month for all of us. :)

I just know that the first few days figure to be busy for me, as well as the rest of my family.

Written By: annimal on 05/31/14 at 6:12 pm

well I've started my diet and will be on it for at least a couple weeks.  Then I'll get my pill and have to stay away from everyone for a while.  I think Joel is going to set up a computer thing so I can talk online when I do get this pill.

Written By: karen on 06/01/14 at 2:17 pm

Typical - we had a wet week's holiday off school/work and now it turns warm and sunny.

We went for a walk this morning to enjoy the sunshine, along the canal and then back through the town centre and the park.

James had a karate course this afternoon learning stuff for his next belt.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/01/14 at 3:20 pm

It's 91 degrees outside! :.Hott:.  :o

Written By: Howard on 06/01/14 at 3:46 pm

well I've started my diet and will be on it for at least a couple weeks.  Then I'll get my pill and have to stay away from everyone for a while.  I think Joel is going to set up a computer thing so I can talk online when I do get this pill.

Good Luck with the diet.

Written By: Howard on 06/01/14 at 3:46 pm

It's 91 degrees outside! :.Hott:.  :o

Really? It's not Summer yet.  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 06/01/14 at 8:47 pm

Really? It's not Summer yet.  :o

Well, in Nebraska by May 90 degrees is nothing.  :)

Written By: nally on 06/01/14 at 9:37 pm

The same goes for various places in California.

Written By: Howard on 06/02/14 at 6:39 am

In New York 90 degrees with heat and humidity is considered hot.

Written By: annimal on 06/03/14 at 10:57 am

ooooooooooooo k    I'm on my diet until the 18th.  I will be gitting my first RAI shot on the 16th and the second on the 17th.  Not sure how many days I might need before I can get close to people again.  Yeah I just got freaked out again by all my mom says, I should be okay through all this.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/03/14 at 12:25 pm

ooooooooooooo k    I'm on my diet until the 18th.  I will be gitting my first RAI shot on the 16th and the second on the 17th.  Not sure how many days I might need before I can get close to people again.  Yeah I just got freaked out again by all my mom says, I should be okay through all this.

Stay strong, Ann. You can get through this.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: karen on 06/03/14 at 12:39 pm

Dad had his op yesterday.  He had the battery pack replaced in his defibrillator.  He cam through the op o.k., stayed with us overnight and took himself home this morning.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/03/14 at 1:17 pm

Dad had his op yesterday.  He had the battery pack replaced in his defibrillator.  He cam through the op o.k., stayed with us overnight and took himself home this morning.

Glad to hear it.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/03/14 at 1:58 pm

be strong Ann. :)

Written By: annimal on 06/03/14 at 2:41 pm

yes I'll be strong and should get through this just fine.

Written By: nally on 06/03/14 at 7:25 pm

I know you can be strong about this; wishing for the best.

Written By: annimal on 06/03/14 at 9:17 pm

thanks for the wishes yes I just need mom not to drive me nuts.  I do understand she needs to do a lot for me, but if there were a way she could without seeming to wine and eventually makeothers panic.

Written By: gibbo on 06/03/14 at 10:28 pm

I was just saying (over in another thread) that I don't feel much different to last month!  :) 

However, this month I can say "We leave for our trip to UK & parts of Europe next month". I couldn't say that last month.

Written By: nally on 06/03/14 at 11:04 pm

Well... today most of the furniture at my late grandma's house was picked up by a place for donation, and my mom had the phone disconnected (since no one's living there anymore). The disconnecting of the phone there marked the end of an era, as the same phone # had served that house for 51 years.
The rest of the furniture will be taken out of there later in the week, and we intend to give the dining room table to someone we know.

Written By: Howard on 06/04/14 at 6:57 am

I was just saying (over in another thread) that I don't feel much different to last month!  :) 

However, this month I can say "We leave for our trip to UK & parts of Europe next month". I couldn't say that last month.

enjoy your trip.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/04/14 at 7:23 am

Well... today most of the furniture at my late grandma's house was picked up by a place for donation, and my mom had the phone disconnected (since no one's living there anymore). The disconnecting of the phone there marked the end of an era, as the same phone # had served that house for 51 years.
The rest of the furniture will be taken out of there later in the week, and we intend to give the dining room table to someone we know.

The phone thing was tough for me when my dad died.  It had been my grandmother's number before his.  I cried after I had it disconnected. 

Written By: karen on 06/04/14 at 11:35 am

Sounds fun.

When are you in the UK?  And where else are you visiting

Written By: annimal on 06/04/14 at 12:49 pm

my mom says that after my 2nd shot it will take a week before I can get close to people again.  I'll end up missing one music class, but that's about it, I'm usually not around people that much.  The hardest part in this will be that I cant wear my CI to hear anything. I think I'll be okay though.

Written By: nally on 06/04/14 at 3:28 pm

The phone thing was tough for me when my dad died.  It had been my grandmother's number before his.  I cried after I had it disconnected.

So we had something in common then. :-\\

From mid-February until now, there had been no one there to answer the phone, so my mom had set up an answering service for any incoming calls to that number, and my mom would have to check for messages each day. Now it's ended.

Written By: Howard on 06/04/14 at 7:53 pm

((hugs))

Written By: gibbo on 06/04/14 at 8:22 pm

Sounds fun.

When are you in the UK?  And where else are you visiting

We fly out of Australia 21/07/14 to London. My wife reliably advises me that we will be on a couple of day tours (I must see the White Cliffs ... and will bring my own blue birds if required).  Then we meet up with her brother and will drive up to the Lake District for a couple of days. Then we have a day back in London before we join up with our European tour.

Sorry ... I'm not big on the details. I really should take more interest in my own life!  :-[ 

I'll find out more...

Written By: Dagwood on 06/04/14 at 8:27 pm

So we had something in common then. :-\\

From mid-February until now, there had been no one there to answer the phone, so my mom had set up an answering service for any incoming calls to that number, and my mom would have to check for messages each day. Now it's ended.

Yeah, been there.  Know what you are going through. 

((hugs))

Thanks, Howard. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/05/14 at 1:17 am

Life in June,

What about

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-q4zkPMFfjNc/UxeJJnnOxKI/AAAAAAAAFsk/n-c8AQOj_4I/s1600/death+in+june+tshirt+020.JPG

Written By: nally on 06/05/14 at 10:49 pm

Yeah, been there.  Know what you are going through. 

Thanks, Howard. :)

And today my parents drove out to the house again (without me, since I had to be at "school") and did some more things there today. The garage still needs to be cleaned out. We have been storing some of my grandparents' personal items, such as photo albums, in our garage and in 'vacant' places in our house, so things are starting to seem disarrayed here. We need to find some time to reorganize our own garage. But this project of cleaning out a now-vacant house has taken priority over the past 3 1/2 months.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/06/14 at 5:55 am

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10426856_10152467956525056_938210056236906280_n.jpg?oh=994d15f166ac1721b4acebec25c23f10&oe=53F0A95F&__gda__=1407996512_7e0b4545b0725e8aba3247d701c4288a

Written By: karen on 06/06/14 at 2:50 pm

^ TGIF

Busy week at work.  Back to normal next week.

James is in trouble at home because he got into trouble at school and then sort of lied about it. 

Earlier this week he was set some lines, which a parent is supposed to sign off so they know that school rules have been broken.  Except James signed for me.  >:(  And he broke a couple more rules (after rule reminders) so we got an e-mail from the head of year mentioning that I'd signed one set of lines (James = busted!).  Plus being disorganised/forgetting sports kit  ::)

So no computer or Kindle time for James for at least two weeks.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/14 at 4:42 pm

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10426856_10152467956525056_938210056236906280_n.jpg?oh=994d15f166ac1721b4acebec25c23f10&oe=53F0A95F&__gda__=1407996512_7e0b4545b0725e8aba3247d701c4288a

It's going to be a warm weekend.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/06/14 at 4:44 pm

It's going to be a warm weekend.
Not here!!!!

Written By: Howard on 06/06/14 at 5:30 pm

Not here!!!!

80-85 for Saturday and Sunday.

Written By: gibbo on 06/06/14 at 5:33 pm

Not here!!!!

I'll be over that way around 22/07/14. What can I expect (weather wise)?

Written By: annimal on 06/06/14 at 9:21 pm

Just want to say that I've just been getting real tired and may just end up taking a break from coming here as often or at all until I'm done with this treatment.  Taking naps all or nearly all day might not be a bad idea for me right now.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/06/14 at 9:43 pm

You need to rest in order to get better.  Trust me, we will be here when you are able to come back.  Your health is more important than a messageboard.

Written By: Howard on 06/07/14 at 7:22 am

Just want to say that I've just been getting real tired and may just end up taking a break from coming here as often or at all until I'm done with this treatment.  Taking naps all or nearly all day might not be a bad idea for me right now.

get better as soon as you and can take as much time as you need to.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/07/14 at 9:53 am

Take care of yourself. Rest all you need to and don't worry about us.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: annimal on 06/07/14 at 3:56 pm

thanks to all thouse who responded  you know I've just been thinking about and I'm always just this tired at summer.  I'll rest a little more as needed, but staying away is going to make me feel more lonley then I already am.

Written By: Howard on 06/10/14 at 6:13 am

Just to let you guys know I may be off the computer maybe for a day or two. Just yesterday I was kicked off the network as I about to type something on here, my music buffered and I was bumped off. My Father and I share a router and the network is supposed to read the downstairs router, His computer works, mine doesn't unfortunately. But hopefully, He'll bring it into the repair shop and get this problem resolved quickly. I'll see you soon. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/10/14 at 4:23 pm

Elvira is missing.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 06/10/14 at 4:48 pm

Oh no...Hope she comes home soon. ((hugs))

Written By: annimal on 06/10/14 at 5:51 pm

Cat

annimal isn't yet  she has until Monday and will probably have more she can tell you in a day or three.

Written By: annimal on 06/10/14 at 5:59 pm

and I'll hold on to the hugs cause I'll definatly be needing all I can get as I go through a week or so without hearing as well as not being anywhere near people.

Written By: nally on 06/10/14 at 8:03 pm

Cat

well I hope you find her... sending hopeful thoughts your way.

Written By: nally on 06/10/14 at 8:04 pm

In just a little while I'll be going out... the supervisor at this one place I've been volunteering at for the past four years, is moving away next weekend and there's a going-away celebration for him. He has introduced me to the person who'll be replacing him.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/11/14 at 8:42 am

She was spotted this morning but still hasn't come home. Hopefully, she will get hungry enough to come home.

Cat

Written By: karen on 06/11/14 at 11:49 am

She was spotted this morning but still hasn't come home. Hopefully, she will get hungry enough to come home.

Cat

I presume you've checked the previous house?

Written By: annimal on 06/11/14 at 4:01 pm

I think my messed up mind could have messed up something recently.  No harm ment no harm done.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/11/14 at 4:17 pm

I presume you've checked the previous house?

Walked over there twice yesterday-but she was next door here this morning which I'm glad about. I don't want her to cross this busy street. But, it is raining so who knows if she will come back until it stops. She is probably camped out in a dry place right now and I'm sure she is VERY hungry-unless she is catching her own food.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/11/14 at 6:07 pm

Cat

hope you're able to find her Cat. :(

Written By: Howard on 06/11/14 at 6:08 pm

Cat

where was she spotted?

Written By: Howard on 06/11/14 at 6:12 pm

Hello Guys, I'm back online. :) Just had to bring the computer to the repair shop to update the drivers cause the wireless WiFi card died so the guy just replaced it with a brand new one.

Written By: warped on 06/12/14 at 7:00 am

- I didn't notice that valleyroads (Chris) left inthe00s, until today. He had some neat photos.

Written By: Howard on 06/12/14 at 7:37 am

- I didn't notice that valleyroads (Chris) left inthe00s, until today. He had some neat photos.

I didn't notice either, where'd he go? ???

Written By: karen on 06/12/14 at 11:09 am

I think he must've just left.  I swear he still registered as a member earlier this week

Written By: warped on 06/12/14 at 11:49 am

I think he must've just left.  I swear he still registered as a member earlier this week

He also deleted his facebook account.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/12/14 at 8:13 pm

He also deleted his facebook account.

Wherever you are, VR, I also enjoyed your work, and wish you the best.

Written By: snozberries on 06/12/14 at 10:16 pm

^ TGIF

Busy week at work.  Back to normal next week.

James is in trouble at home because he got into trouble at school and then sort of lied about it. 

Earlier this week he was set some lines, which a parent is supposed to sign off so they know that school rules have been broken.  Except James signed for me.  >:(  And he broke a couple more rules (after rule reminders) so we got an e-mail from the head of year mentioning that I'd signed one set of lines (James = busted!).  Plus being disorganised/forgetting sports kit  ::)

So no computer or Kindle time for James for at least two weeks.

I know as his mum it can be disconcerting. Hopefully he learned his lesson by getting caught. 

That no kindle must be killing him. Good punishment choices.

Written By: nally on 06/12/14 at 10:24 pm

Wherever you are, VR, I also enjoyed your work, and wish you the best.

same here. Maybe he just needs time away and doesn't wanna be bothered with certain stuff.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/13/14 at 8:20 am

http://static.fashionplaytes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Despicable-me-minions-its-friday-e1379093234810.jpg

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/13/14 at 8:34 am

Well, this pertains more to July, but I found out about it yesterday. My dad needs to go back to the hospital all over again to get a kidney stone treatment because it didn't work the last time.  >:(

Written By: annimal on 06/13/14 at 11:25 am

soon I'll be switching room and getting all ready for my treatment

Written By: karen on 06/13/14 at 3:39 pm

good luck with that Ann

Written By: karen on 06/13/14 at 3:44 pm

just a regular weekend coming up in the Karen household

Elizabeth will be out all Saturday with Scouts - hillwalking in the Peak District.

James has a karate lesson in the afternoon. 

James will walk home by himself because Dai is having a steroid injection in his finger tomorrow afternoon and I need to drive him home from the city hospital.  A couple of months ago Dai dislocated his finger and it still isn't better - the knuckle is swollen and the finger doesn't straighten fully.

Father's day on Sunday so we are going out for a meal somewhere.  Haven't booked anything but I don't think it will be a problem

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/13/14 at 6:01 pm

just a regular weekend coming up in the Karen household

Elizabeth will be out all Saturday with Scouts - hillwalking in the Peak District.

James has a karate lesson in the afternoon. 

James will walk home by himself because Dai is having a steroid injection in his finger tomorrow afternoon and I need to drive him home from the city hospital.  A couple of months ago Dai dislocated his finger and it still isn't better - the knuckle is swollen and the finger doesn't straighten fully.

Father's day on Sunday so we are going out for a meal somewhere.  Haven't booked anything but I don't think it will be a problem

Sorry to hear about Dai's finger. I hope it gets better soon.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/13/14 at 7:47 pm

http://static.fashionplaytes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Despicable-me-minions-its-friday-e1379093234810.jpg

TGIF

Written By: Howard on 06/13/14 at 7:48 pm

Well, this pertains more to July, but I found out about it yesterday. My dad needs to go back to the hospital all over again to get a kidney stone treatment because it didn't work the last time.  >:(

hope it works out well.

Written By: Howard on 06/13/14 at 7:48 pm

soon I'll be switching room and getting all ready for my treatment

good luck Ann.

Written By: nally on 06/14/14 at 10:43 pm

Almost done with getting everything out of my grandma's house... and we have to have it totally cleared out by the first of July. The house is on the market, and the real estate agent has given us the good news that someone has made an offer for $350,000 on it... but there are still some things we still need to get out of there. Today, a donation truck from the Salvation Army was supposed to come and take away the rest of the items to be donated, but the person had to cancel because of something that had come up at the last moment. So now they're gonna come next week, on Tuesday (my mother will go out there on that day so that she can be there when the Salvation Army comes).

Written By: snozberries on 06/15/14 at 9:51 am

Almost done with getting everything out of my grandma's house... and we have to have it totally cleared out by the first of July. The house is on the market, and the real estate agent has given us the good news that someone has made an offer for $350,000 on it... but there are still some things we still need to get out of there. Today, a donation truck from the Salvation Army was supposed to come and take away the rest of the items to be donated, but the person had to cancel because of something that had come up at the last moment. So now they're gonna come next week, on Tuesday (my mother will go out there on that day so that she can be there when the Salvation Army comes).

wow! an offer already??? that's fantastic!

Written By: Howard on 06/15/14 at 3:59 pm

So My Father has decided to get the basement redone after 42 years, we had to get everything out of the basement so they could fix it up. The guys ripped up the broken tiles, got rid of the mostly broken shelves and cracks in the wall where it would rain and would leak water and cause small floods in the basement.The closets are being done over as well. And altogether it's going to cost between $10-15,000 dollars. It's a big task but it had to be done, The smell was just way too much for us to handle.

Written By: Stompgal on 06/15/14 at 4:04 pm

This week I've been manning my animation exhibition as part of my degree show at my university. On Friday a few people from the residential unit of my home and a support worker came to see the show and they were impressed with it.

This week hasn't all been fun and games though. My house team leader contacted me saying that I have to pay my own rent but I worry about not being able to afford basics if I start paying it. Will discuss with her tomorrow.

Written By: snozberries on 06/15/14 at 4:30 pm

This week I've been manning my animation exhibition as part of my degree show at my university. On Friday a few people from the residential unit of my home and a support worker came to see the show and they were impressed with it.

This week hasn't all been fun and games though. My house team leader contacted me saying that I have to pay my own rent but I worry about not being able to afford basics if I start paying it. Will discuss with her tomorrow.

are there any pics online of your exhibit?

Written By: snozberries on 06/15/14 at 5:56 pm

BTW.... I hope that didn't sound insensitive. I mean I know how hard the loss was on you and particularly on your mom and dealing with the old memories and the hassle of two households, one that's not that close to where you live and the pressure of all the stuff that needs to be done. I'm just glad the process is moving as quickly as it is. It will be easier for your family to move on as the external burdens are lifted... and to sell a house that quickly is a pretty big deal. 

Written By: nally on 06/15/14 at 10:46 pm

thanks.

BTW.... I hope that didn't sound insensitive.

Oh, not at all. We just want to be done with this as soon as possible, since no one has been living there for the past four months, and the sooner we get it off our hands, the better.

I mean I know how hard the loss was on you and particularly on your mom and dealing with the old memories and the hassle of two households, one that's not that close to where you live and the pressure of all the stuff that needs to be done. I'm just glad the process is moving as quickly as it is. It will be easier for your family to move on as the external burdens are lifted... and to sell a house that quickly is a pretty big deal. 

Yes, definitely. And with regards to getting things out of there, it was basically me and my parents who were doing most of the work, as my mother doesn't have any other family members who could help out with it, except for a cousin who lives fairly close to the house. And when I went to the house with my parents yesterday, it felt kinda odd (for lack of a better word) to go into the living room and see 90+% of all the furniture gone (as it was all donated the first week of June). But there's still a few other items of a personal nature, such as artwork (my grandfather, who died in 1985, loved to paint), that we have to get out of there...but we are running out of places in our own home to store them. We are doing what we can, and we will eventually get things all sorted out after we officially sell my grandmother's house.

Written By: nally on 06/15/14 at 10:49 pm

So My Father has decided to get the basement redone after 42 years, we had to get everything out of the basement so they could fix it up. The guys ripped up the broken tiles, got rid of the mostly broken shelves and cracks in the wall where it would rain and would leak water and cause small floods in the basement.The closets are being done over as well. And altogether it's going to cost between $10-15,000 dollars. It's a big task but it had to be done, The smell was just way too much for us to handle.

Glad you are going to make this improvement. Hopefully it'll look nice when it's all finished.

Written By: annimal on 06/15/14 at 10:53 pm

bed and stuff has been moved to another room and I'll be getting a shot from the doctors.

Written By: snozberries on 06/15/14 at 11:00 pm

thanks.
Oh, not at all. We just want to be done with this as soon as possible, since no one has been living there for the past four months, and the sooner we get it off our hands, the better.

Yes, definitely. And with regards to getting things out of there, it was basically me and my parents who were doing most of the work, as my mother doesn't have any other family members who could help out with it, except for a cousin who lives fairly close to the house. And when I went to the house with my parents yesterday, it felt kinda odd (for lack of a better word) to go into the living room and see 90+% of all the furniture gone (as it was all donated the first week of June). But there's still a few other items of a personal nature, such as artwork (my grandfather, who died in 1985, loved to paint), that we have to get out of there...but we are running out of places in our own home to store them. We are doing what we can, and we will eventually get things all sorted out after we officially sell my grandmother's house.

If you'd asked I woulda help for a TV or something  ;D 

I'm relatively cheap labor and for some reason i want to own all the TVs...old and New...  something to keep in mind for the future  ;)

Written By: nally on 06/15/14 at 11:13 pm

If you'd asked I woulda help for a TV or something  ;D 

I'm relatively cheap labor and for some reason i want to own all the TVs...old and New...  something to keep in mind for the future  ;)

Well, there were two TV sets in that house; both are now gone. One of them, we gave to my grandmother's neighbors, who have been taking care of the front yard and other stuff over there, and the other (which is a flatscreen), we brought to our home, figuring we can use it for something (to be determined); if not, we'll probably donate it.

Written By: Stompgal on 06/16/14 at 9:12 am

Hi snozberries,

That's a good idea re putting photos of my degree show online. I'll put them on my Pintrest page and share the link.

In the meantime I have spoken to my team leader about my rent situation and she put my mind at ease with it all.

Written By: Stompgal on 06/16/14 at 9:24 am

Here's the link to my degree show pin board:

http://uk.pinterest.com/aprilslocombe/london-metropolitan-university-degree-show-2014/

Written By: snozberries on 06/16/14 at 11:38 am

Hi snozberries,

That's a good idea re putting photos of my degree show online. I'll put them on my Pintrest page and share the link.

In the meantime I have spoken to my team leader about my rent situation and she put my mind at ease with it all.

http://uk.pinterest.com/aprilslocombe/london-metropolitan-university-degree-show-2014/

GREAT JOB!!!

thanks for sharing  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/16/14 at 4:29 pm

Glad you are going to make this improvement. Hopefully it'll look nice when it's all finished.

I hope so, next couple of weeks.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/14 at 4:30 pm

That's very nice. :)

Written By: annimal on 06/16/14 at 4:54 pm

got my shot in the butt and will be getting another shot tomorrow.  Wednsday I will go to the hospital to get treated there and then probably one more something on my way out on Thursday.  Now nobody make me come out and touch you.http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/forum%20smilies/evil-5.gif

Written By: snozberries on 06/16/14 at 5:11 pm

got my shot in the butt and will be getting another shot tomorrow.  Wednsday I will go to the hospital to get treated there and then probably one more something on my way out on Thursday.  Now nobody make me come out and touch you.http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/forum%20smilies/evil-5.gif

hope it works

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/16/14 at 5:15 pm

Glad it went well.

Written By: annimal on 06/16/14 at 5:24 pm

hope it works

thanks        want to just get this done and I think afterwards my mom wants to put me in some kind of program where I might be kind of doing something like working.  That will be great if so, I wont have to feel so worthless all the time because I cant do what others can and I'm not doing anything now.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/16/14 at 5:26 pm

Hope it goes well

Written By: annimal on 06/16/14 at 6:09 pm

Hope it goes well

another thanks

Written By: Howard on 06/17/14 at 6:54 am

hope it works out.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/14 at 8:35 am

Take care

Written By: annimal on 06/17/14 at 10:47 am

thanks all and I'll see how I do today.

Written By: nally on 06/17/14 at 7:44 pm

Update on my grandma's house...

My mom has been informed, today, that we have all-cash offer very close to the asking price. The escrow will open as early as tomorrow, and could be closed by the first of July!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/18/14 at 9:10 am

Update on my grandma's house...

My mom has been informed, today, that we have all-cash offer very close to the asking price. The escrow will open as early as tomorrow, and could be closed by the first of July!

Excellent news.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 06/18/14 at 10:59 am

todady will be leave for hospital day and I might not be here for a day or so.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/18/14 at 11:35 am

todady will be leave for hospital day and I might not be here for a day or so.

Good-luck, Ann. Our thoughts & good wishes go with you.

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 06/18/14 at 2:08 pm

My cousin Kearran from Major Crimes posted a picture on her FaceBook page with someone who looks remarkably like a Snozzberry we all know and love.

Written By: Howard on 06/18/14 at 3:56 pm

today will be leave for hospital day and I might not be here for a day or so.

Keep well Ann. :)

Written By: nally on 06/18/14 at 11:50 pm

Excellent news.

Cat

Thank you. :) We are all excited about it. My mom is especially glad about it, since it'll be one thing off our hands, and it was a part of her life for 51 years.

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/14 at 1:36 pm

My cousin Kearran from Major Crimes posted a picture on her FaceBook page with someone who looks remarkably like a Snozzberry we all know and love.

You saw that eh? Lol.

She was awesome! It was a great event!

Written By: karen on 06/19/14 at 1:52 pm

James got the result of his drumming examine.  He got a distinction!  Not bad for a boy who practises using cushions and an upturned bucket!  We are sorting out a proper kit soon.

I am Morris dancing this Saturday at a local village show.  hope this sunny weather holds.

And its nearly the school holidays  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/19/14 at 4:52 pm

James got the result of his drumming examine.  He got a distinction!  Not bad for a boy who practises using cushions and an upturned bucket!  We are sorting out a proper kit soon.

I am Morris dancing this Saturday at a local village show.  hope this sunny weather holds.

good news.  :)

Written By: annimal on 06/19/14 at 8:00 pm

I'm back home and need to stayisolated for about a week to get all the stuf through and out of my system.

Written By: nally on 06/19/14 at 11:11 pm

I'm back home and need to stayisolated for about a week to get all the stuf through and out of my system.

Take care with it all, Ann.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/20/14 at 1:26 am

Just been sadden by noticing that warped has left the boards.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/20/14 at 3:10 am

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10374889_10152500546840056_7634924365077943956_n.jpg

Written By: Howard on 06/20/14 at 6:39 am

I noticed it an hour ago. what was the reason behind it? ???

Written By: Howard on 06/20/14 at 6:39 am

keep relaxed. :)

Written By: annimal on 06/20/14 at 10:54 am

I'm still relaxed and it's cool I have a little computer to come here with.

Written By: karen on 06/20/14 at 11:06 am

poop

Written By: nally on 06/20/14 at 7:37 pm

So today was my last day of school instruction for the next two weeks. The V.A.C.E. is giving us a two-week "summer break", which encompasses next week and the week after. So I will return on Monday July 7th.

I know I will find some ways to spend the time. :)

Written By: Howard on 06/20/14 at 8:22 pm

So today was my last day of school instruction for the next two weeks. The V.A.C.E. is giving us a two-week "summer break", which encompasses next week and the week after. So I will return on Monday July 7th.

I know I will find some ways to spend the time. :)

enjoy your time off.

Written By: gibbo on 06/21/14 at 12:34 am

I noticed it an hour ago. what was the reason behind it? ???

It's called courage of conviction Howard.  warped made a choice based on recent events ... Let's just say he decided that he didn't fit this particular environment.

My best wishes go with him... :)

Written By: Howard on 06/21/14 at 3:35 pm

It's called courage of conviction Howard.  warped made a choice based on recent events ... Let's just say he decided that he didn't fit this particular environment.

He didn't even say goodbye, He just took his ball and went home.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/21/14 at 4:28 pm

Busy season at my job is ending somewhere next week. Busy season started May 19, but is ending soon!

The job is so fast-paced and intense for the past four weeks or so. Glad the sense of urgency and intensity is ending. It's very tiring, but thanks to the job it helped me lose weight faster.

Written By: nally on 06/21/14 at 11:10 pm

enjoy your time off.

I will; in fact, I have plans for each day of the upcoming week.

In fact, today we got the last piece of furniture--a kitchen dinette table--out of my grandmother's house, and delivered it to a friend of ours. We also rented a small dumpster so that we could discard any items that we could not donate. We made plenty of progress with that today.

Written By: nally on 06/21/14 at 11:11 pm

He didn't even say goodbye, He just took his ball and went home.

Well, whatever the reason is, I respect his decision; and I, too, wish him all the best.

Written By: Howard on 06/22/14 at 3:54 pm

Busy season at my job is ending somewhere next week. Busy season started May 19, but is ending soon!

The job is so fast-paced and intense for the past four weeks or so. Glad the sense of urgency and intensity is ending. It's very tiring, but thanks to the job it helped me lose weight faster.

my job is so fast paced too. It's unbelievable over there, I've done so much work, I must've lost a few pounds.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/22/14 at 7:52 pm

Well done, James! 

Do they have summer breaks in England schools like America does?

Written By: 80sfan on 06/22/14 at 8:11 pm

my job is so fast paced too. It's unbelievable over there, I've done so much work, I must've lost a few pounds.

I'm on the treadmill for 40 minutes after work too, then I snore and sleep like a bear!  :o :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/14 at 4:36 am

Spent the day yesterday in garden and now feel the consequences of it with my Hay Fever!

Written By: Stompgal on 06/23/14 at 7:39 am

GREAT JOB!!!

thanks for sharing  :)

You're welcime snozberries!

Written By: karen on 06/23/14 at 11:33 am

Well done, James! 

Do they have summer breaks in England schools like America does?

Yes, though not quite as long as most I've heard of in the US.

School finishes 11 July and we start back 3 September. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/14 at 11:36 am

Yes, though not quite as long as most I've heard of in the US.

School finishes 11 July and we start back 3 September. 
...it is then the buses are less busier in the morning and home time in the afternoons.

Written By: annimal on 06/23/14 at 2:55 pm

was looking out the window and saw a tiger swallowtail out the window eating off my butterfly bush.  This butterfly bush is at the side of the house where it gets some shade.  Before when I had a butterfly bush in my garden it died in my garden.  I need desert plants for my garden or they wont survive. 

Written By: Howard on 06/23/14 at 3:52 pm

Spent the day yesterday in garden and now feel the consequences of it with my Hay Fever!

what are you taking for it?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/14 at 3:54 pm

what are you taking for it?
Long strides away from the pollen

Written By: Howard on 06/23/14 at 4:19 pm

Long strides away from the pollen

and hot tea?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/14 at 4:26 pm

and hot tea?
Taking the locally produce honey helps.

Written By: annimal on 06/23/14 at 6:29 pm

Dear God

I really feel like killing myself now.  I know in the past I've told myself that if I killed myself that I wouldn't be able to do anything good for anyone.  My mom says that after my isolation she'll find a program to put me in so I'll have some sort of job or something.  I do need need something like a job I think.  If I don't feel better after getting something like a job then I guess I will end up doing myself in.  Maybe you want me in heaven.

AMEN

Written By: snozberries on 06/23/14 at 6:40 pm

Dear God

I really feel like killing myself now.  I know in the past I've told myself that if I killed myself that I wouldn't be able to do anything good for anyone.  My mom says that after my isolation she'll find a program to put me in so I'll have some sort of job or something.  I do need need something like a job I think.  If I don't feel better after getting something like a job then I guess I will end up doing myself in.  Maybe you want me in heaven.

AMEN

Ann if you really feel suicidal get help... NOW!!! find someone to talk it out with...

If you are seeking attention then find another way to do it because the self pity and suicidal statements are more than most people can take.

I know isolation is hard but hang in there... hopefully the program your mom gets you into will give you some direction or a sense of purpose... in the mean time try doing something that will cheer you up... you like writing songs try doing that or something...don't wallow in misery that just makes it worse...

Written By: snozberries on 06/23/14 at 6:42 pm

Dear God

AMEN

STANISLAUS COUNTY

Behavioral Health & Recovery Services

Emergency Mental Health
Assessment & Referral Services

24 hours / 7 days

(209) 558-4600

Written By: 80sfan on 06/23/14 at 7:36 pm

Ann if you really feel suicidal get help... NOW!!! find someone to talk it out with...

If you are seeking attention then find another way to do it because the self pity and suicidal statements are more than most people can take.

I know isolation is hard but hang in there... hopefully the program your mom gets you into will give you some direction or a sense of purpose... in the mean time try doing something that will cheer you up... you like writing songs try doing that or something...don't wallow in misery that just makes it worse...

Sometimes the two go hand in hand. The person is in so much pain or suicidal they may want to get attention so that someone can save them or relieve them of their pain. How do I know? I was in that state of mind for about forty five minutes when I was about twenty years old.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/23/14 at 7:38 pm

Dear God

AMEN

I really do hope something good happens to you soon.  :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 06/23/14 at 8:40 pm

Sometimes the two go hand in hand. The person is in so much pain or suicidal they may want to get attention so that someone can save them or relieve them of their pain. How do I know? I was in that state of mind for about forty five minutes when I was about twenty years old.

glad you came to your senses....suicide fixes nothing and ultimately only hurts those left behind.

I have a very strong opinion on this subject. It's not a very popular opinion so, in light of recent events that happened elsewhere on the boards I'm keeping my mouth shut because the truth is she's either going to do it or she won't.... It doesn't much matter what I say anyway. 

but i'm not gonna kid glove her and gush about how important she is and how I hope she sees the good she brings to the world and I hope she doesn't kill herself because I don't do that....

I sincerely hope she doesn't kill herself but if she does...oh well.... we are a message board not group therapy 101.    Sorry if that sounds harsh but what else is there to say to a post like that?  ::)

Written By: annimal on 06/23/14 at 9:03 pm

I don't know but I'm going to see if I stop getting this way after getting some kind of job if I do.  I've been wanting to kill myself ever since I was a child.  Maybe it wont go away, maybe the lord just wants me to kill myself and give myself to Him although this sounds more like a trick the devil might want me to do.  Like I said though wanting to kill myself has been in my head ever since I was 7 and had my brain tumor.  Maybe I'm just stuck with the thought.  I'm not killing myself in the next few days so don't worry

Written By: snozberries on 06/23/14 at 9:14 pm

I don't know but I'm going to see if I stop getting this way after getting some kind of job if I do.  I've been wanting to kill myself ever since I was a child.  Maybe it wont go away, maybe the lord just wants me to kill myself and give myself to Him although this sounds more like a trick the devil might want me to do.  Like I said though wanting to kill myself has been in my head ever since I was 7 and had my brain tumor.  Maybe I'm just stuck with the thought.  I'm not killing myself in the next few days so don't worry

honestly Ann I'm not worried.. you will do what you do.....

if you are catholic (I'm not so I don't believe in this stuff) but if you are and you do suicide is a sin and a sure way NOT to meet God... if that has any bearings on your decision one way or another...

Written By: annimal on 06/23/14 at 10:37 pm

honestly Ann I'm not worried.. you will do what you do.....

if you are catholic (I'm not so I don't believe in this stuff) but if you are and you do suicide is a sin and a sure way NOT to meet God... if that has any bearings on your decision one way or another...

no  and I was raised Christian and go to a Christian church.  I simply believe there is a higher athority then people we call God.  He sent Jesus and Jesus did great stuff, but I'm not a Jesus freak.

I also want to say to everyone that whatever you believe or don't is your choice,  I just seemed to have a need to say a prayer for myself if that's okay.

Written By: snozberries on 06/23/14 at 10:52 pm

no  and I was raised Christian and go to a Christian church.  I simply believe there is a higher athority then people we call God.  He sent Jesus and Jesus did great stuff, but I'm not a Jesus freak.

I also want to say to everyone that whatever you believe or don't is your choice,  I just seemed to have a need to say a prayer for myself if that's okay.

you are always welcome to practice what you believe and say all the prayers you want. if that helps you that's great...

I was just throwing the "suicide is a sin" out there because some people follow their faith that closely.... since you were talking about the chance to meet God in Death I was just putting it out there that many people of Faith believe suicide is a sin and therefore killing yourself is kinda the wrong way to try and meet God because they believe if you kill yourself you go to hell no heaven...

I don't believe anything... I'm not telling you to believe anything....

i'm not telliing to not kill yourself (but I think it's a very bad idea)  I'm not telling you to go ahead and kill yourself...

I'm not telling you anything...

you are an adult.  you make your own decisions.....

hopefully you find peace you seek sooner rather than later.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/23/14 at 11:31 pm

glad you came to your senses....suicide fixes nothing and ultimately only hurts those left behind.

I have a very strong opinion on this subject. It's not a very popular opinion so, in light of recent events that happened elsewhere on the boards I'm keeping my mouth shut because the truth is she's either going to do it or she won't.... It doesn't much matter what I say anyway. 

but i'm not gonna kid glove her and gush about how important she is and how I hope she sees the good she brings to the world and I hope she doesn't kill herself because I don't do that....

I sincerely hope she doesn't kill herself but if she does...oh well.... we are a message board not group therapy 101.    Sorry if that sounds harsh but what else is there to say to a post like that?  ::)

Yeah, I just drove my car for an hour, and for forty five minutes I had suicidal thoughts of just letting the steering wheel go. I actually did let go two times, maybe three at the most, but my fear of losing my limbs stopped me. 'What if I live yet couldn't walk or have arms?'. It was two and a half months before my twenty-first birthday. Fortunately, there weren't many cars because it was night and I had enough hope in my life to hold on to the steering wheel. There was even a ditch where I thought about letting my car go into, but then I thought about my limbs and that 'this feeling/situation too, will pass'.

Suicide brings up such polarizing feelings and views, because it's such a sensitive subject. And such an extreme subject along with that.

Written By: snozberries on 06/24/14 at 12:59 am

Yeah, I just drove my car for an hour, and for forty five minutes I had suicidal thoughts of just letting the steering wheel go. I actually did let go two times, maybe three at the most, but my fear of losing my limbs stopped me. 'What if I live yet couldn't walk or have arms?'. It was two and a half months before my twenty-first birthday. Fortunately, there weren't many cars because it was night and I had enough hope in my life to hold on to the steering wheel. There was even a ditch where I thought about letting my car go into, but then I thought about my limbs and that 'this feeling/situation too, will pass'.

Suicide brings up such polarizing feelings and views, because it's such a sensitive subject. And such an extreme subject along with that.

That's not exactly the "attention seeking" I was talking about that's more or less serious contemplation and I'm glad u decided against it.  My guess is you didn't "announce" your intention.  There's a difference in seeking out help versus seeking out sympathy ( if that makes sense)

The best example I have is the one I always use. Exhausted it demonstrates my point of some people who say they are suicidal don't really want to die they just want attention.

So I'm working one night and get a call from a girl all her friends are panicking because their mutual friend posted on FB I'm going to kill myself. Look in my desk dam rawer and fund my note that tells why.  Then, instead of making any attempt to actually end her life, she goes to the lobby and sits on a couch and ways to see if anyone shows up to intervene. ( totally attention seeking)

That's quite a far cry from the gal one of my officers rescued from the side of a cliff because she changed her mind mid jump. She was able to catch a branch and held on til she was rescued. (Not attention seeking)

Today I watched video footage of an officer pulling a woman off train tracks just as a train came barreling down on them.  She seemed really upset about being rescued (totally not attention seeking)

Written By: Stompgal on 06/24/14 at 4:31 am

Here's a link to the video of my animation exhibit at the Museum of London that took place in May this year: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf7gKuxJmiU

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/24/14 at 4:42 am

Here's a link to the video of my animation exhibit at the Museum of London that took place in May this year: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf7gKuxJmiU
Wonderful!

Written By: Stompgal on 06/24/14 at 7:12 am

Thanks Philip.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/24/14 at 9:27 am

Way cool.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 06/24/14 at 2:55 pm

cool, I now get to go outside and through out my plate and cups after meals.  I also get to put my towels  outside in a trash bag to be specially cleaned later instead of mom coming in the room to do it for me.

Written By: Howard on 06/24/14 at 3:55 pm

Dear God

AMEN

Ann, try to get help. being suicidal will not solve anything.

Written By: Howard on 06/24/14 at 3:56 pm

I really do hope something good happens to you soon.  :\'(

I echo that statement.

Written By: Howard on 06/24/14 at 3:58 pm

try to think of the good you've done here on Earth.

Written By: annimal on 06/24/14 at 4:49 pm

try to think of the good you've done here on Earth.

and like I've said already, I cant possibly do anything good and or funny for people again if I did myself in. 

I think my isolation right now is driving me nuts but I should be through in two or three days.

Written By: XYkid on 06/24/14 at 8:33 pm

I've officially moved into Seattle. I have a new licence and everything. I also have a job interview on Thursday!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/25/14 at 2:19 am

was looking out the window and saw a tiger swallowtail out the window eating off my butterfly bush.  This butterfly bush is at the side of the house where it gets some shade.  Before when I had a butterfly bush in my garden it died in my garden.  I need desert plants for my garden or they wont survive.

That sounds pretty.  I really like butterflies.  I went to a butterfly habitat once in Niagara Falls, Canada, in 1998.  I was wearing raspberry scented parfum and had a beautiful blue butterfly land on my shirt.  I walked around with it for awhile until I was ready to leave and then I asked a lady who worked there to help me get it off my shirt without hurting it.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/25/14 at 6:30 am

That's not exactly the "attention seeking" I was talking about that's more or less serious contemplation and I'm glad u decided against it.  My guess is you didn't "announce" your intention.  There's a difference in seeking out help versus seeking out sympathy ( if that makes sense)

The best example I have is the one I always use. Exhausted it demonstrates my point of some people who say they are suicidal don't really want to die they just want attention.

So I'm working one night and get a call from a girl all her friends are panicking because their mutual friend posted on FB I'm going to kill myself. Look in my desk dam rawer and fund my note that tells why.  Then, instead of making any attempt to actually end her life, she goes to the lobby and sits on a couch and ways to see if anyone shows up to intervene. ( totally attention seeking)

That's quite a far cry from the gal one of my officers rescued from the side of a cliff because she changed her mind mid jump. She was able to catch a branch and held on til she was rescued. (Not attention seeking)

Today I watched video footage of an officer pulling a woman off train tracks just as a train came barreling down on them.  She seemed really upset about being rescued (totally not attention seeking)

Nope, I didn't announce it, whether loudly or subtly.

Written By: annimal on 06/25/14 at 3:42 pm

a little butterfly talk here

I have a buckeye butterfly and a tiger swallowtail eating from a butterfly bush at the side of the house.  I use to have a butterfly bush in my  garden, but it died as an annual plant.  I'll be needing some real heavy sun loving desert plants for my garden and I've found both some food and host plants I can get for these two butterflies.

Written By: Howard on 06/25/14 at 4:01 pm

and like I've said already, I cant possibly do anything good and or funny for people again if I did myself in. 

I think my isolation right now is driving me nuts but I should be through in two or three days.

why do you say that? That's so negative. :(

Written By: Howard on 06/25/14 at 4:02 pm

I've officially moved into Seattle. I have a new licence and everything. I also have a job interview on Thursday!

good luck. :)

Written By: annimal on 06/25/14 at 5:08 pm

why do you say that? That's so negative. :(

you lost me cartman.

there's been lots of crazy little things going through my mind with this RAI treatment isolation and one of the medicenes I've been taking does say that it causes depression.  Just another day or two.

Written By: nally on 06/25/14 at 6:50 pm

Congratz!! O0

Written By: 80sfan on 06/26/14 at 4:32 am

I go back to college in January.  8) 8)

Written By: Howard on 06/26/14 at 7:38 am

Good Luck.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 06/26/14 at 9:43 am

Good Luck.  :)

Thank you.  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/26/14 at 10:47 am

Good to hear.

Cat

Written By: nally on 06/26/14 at 11:48 am

Great! Hope you have a good time with it. O0

Written By: annimal on 06/26/14 at 12:58 pm

cool  I've been allowed to come out of the room I was in and am now in my room using my computer.  It will still be a day or to before my bedroom is put back together and all.

Written By: nally on 06/27/14 at 10:03 pm

Today we finally got the last bit o' stuff out of my grandma's house. This included mostly stuff to discard, which we put into the dumpster that is still out in front. We also packed some items into the car and brought 'em home.

One of the last items that we got out of there, a cedar chest that was approximately 70 years old, give or take a few years, could not be preserved... because it had been stored in the garage for the longest time, unprotected, and as a result got infested. My mom was heartbroken over this, as it had been a good-quality piece of "furniture" (for lack of a better word). So instead of transport the chest home with us, we had to dismantle it and put all the pieces of it in the dumpster. The contents of the chest, which included my grandma's wedding dress (1949), also had to be discarded as well, due to deterioration over time. :-\\ Chances are that if the chest had been stored inside the house instead of the garage, it would have likely gotten better protected, and might still be in good condition today.

Written By: snozberries on 06/27/14 at 11:15 pm

Today we finally got the last bit o' stuff out of my grandma's house. This included mostly stuff to discard, which we put into the dumpster that is still out in front. We also packed some items into the car and brought 'em home.

One of the last items that we got out of there, a cedar chest that was approximately 70 years old, give or take a few years, could not be preserved... because it had been stored in the garage for the longest time, unprotected, and as a result got infested. My mom was heartbroken over this, as it had been a good-quality piece of "furniture" (for lack of a better word). So instead of transport the chest home with us, we had to dismantle it and put all the pieces of it in the dumpster. The contents of the chest, which included my grandma's wedding dress (1949), also had to be discarded as well, due to deterioration over time. :-\\ Chances are that if the chest had been stored inside the house instead of the garage, it would have likely gotten better protected, and might still be in good condition today.

That's too bad about the chest and dress.

Written By: karen on 06/28/14 at 9:53 am

what she said

Written By: karen on 06/28/14 at 9:59 am

James is at a back to basics camp this weekend - cooking on open fires, building a shelter to sleep in, etc.  Shame its been drizzling on and off.  And tomorrow afternoon he has a karate grading for his purple belt.

Dai isn't well, really sore throat and bad cough.  He's perked up a bit now but was v miserable this morning.

Tomorrow is the Al Fresco, school open air concert.  Elizabeth was supposed to be performing but dropped out of both choir and orchestra for various reasons.  But we only found that out after we'd signed up to help at the bar all afternoon!  Now Elizabeth is going to help me and Dai is going to run around after James.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/14 at 10:03 am

Hearing stories like this always make me sad. I love antiques and when they are not taken care of is just a shame.

James is at a back to basics camp this weekend - cooking on open fires, building a shelter to sleep in, etc.  Shame its been drizzling on and off.  And tomorrow afternoon he has a karate grading for his purple belt.

Dai isn't well, really sore throat and bad cough.  He's perked up a bit now but was v miserable this morning.

Tomorrow is the Al Fresco, school open air concert.  Elizabeth was supposed to be performing but dropped out of both choir and orchestra for various reasons.  But we only found that out after we'd signed up to help at the bar all afternoon!  Now Elizabeth is going to help me and Dai is going to run around after James.

Sounds like you have a busy weekend. I hope that Dai feels better.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 06/28/14 at 1:22 pm

Sounds like you have a busy weekend. I hope that Dai feels better.

what she said

What u you said only the she I'm referring to is cat

;)

Hope Dai feels better.  Really hope it's not bronchitis. I've been sick for 2 months now and had about 3 days of peace before it started up again on thurs.

Written By: nally on 06/28/14 at 2:01 pm

Hearing stories like this always make me sad. I love antiques and when they are not taken care of is just a shame.

I know; it's really sad.

And the chest, being made of cedar wood, still smelled good inside, but not for long.

Written By: Howard on 06/28/14 at 6:22 pm

I've been sick for 2 months now and had about 3 days of peace before it started up again on thurs.

So it's an on and off thing? ???

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/14 at 1:23 am

So it's an on and off thing? ???

Seems to be

Written By: karen on 06/29/14 at 4:33 am

Hope Dai feels better.  Really hope it's not bronchitis. I've been sick for 2 months now and had about 3 days of peace before it started up again on thurs.

Whenever Dai gets a cold it goes to his chest.  Then he gets this horrible hacking cough that lasts for weeks.

What treatment have you been trying?

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/14 at 10:10 am

Whenever Dai gets a cold it goes to his chest.  Then he gets this horrible hacking cough that lasts for weeks.

What treatment have you been trying?

pretty much everything... I was on antibiotics with zyrtec and musinex... then steroids.  I also have an inhaler and I have been using the cough medicine with codeine...  the steroids worked best but didnt kill it completely...

Written By: annimal on 06/29/14 at 1:35 pm

I got to help my dad pull some weeds where he was trying to hoe this morning.  Yeah I got to do something!

Written By: nally on 06/29/14 at 1:41 pm

I got to help my dad pull some weeds where he was trying to hoe this morning.  Yeah I got to do something!

Excellent!

On a related note, we should pull some weeds in our front and back yards... but we've had hardly time to do any of that lately, due to the ongoing project of cleaning out my grandmother's house (which is now over with, so now we can concentrate on our own home!).

Written By: Howard on 06/30/14 at 2:32 pm

pretty much everything... I was on antibiotics with zyrtec and musinex... then steroids.  I also have an inhaler and I have been using the cough medicine with codeine...  the steroids worked best but didnt kill it completely...

How long does it take before you feel better again?

Written By: danootaandme on 06/30/14 at 6:02 pm

This year I had lots of time for a garden, and it looks very nice.  The mosquitos seem to love it as much as I would, if they didn't love it so much.

Written By: annimal on 06/30/14 at 9:11 pm

I got scanned for any radio activity left in my body and will be getting my bed moved back in my room tonight

Written By: karen on 07/01/14 at 12:08 pm

Yesterday was 25 years since Dai and I first got together.  Dai surprised me with a card, some flowers and we all went out for a meal.

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/14 at 12:08 pm

How long does it take before you feel better again?

I don't know but not soon enough that's for sure!

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/14 at 12:09 pm

Yesterday was 25 years since Dai and I first got together.  Dai surprised me with a card, some flowers and we all went out for a meal.

....and all you gave him was a shout out on FB... I saw that and laughed!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/01/14 at 3:03 pm

Happy Anniversary Karen. :)

Written By: nally on 07/01/14 at 4:11 pm

Happy anniversary!! :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/01/14 at 4:47 pm

So sweet. Here to the next 25 years.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/02/14 at 3:44 am

Happy anniversary Karen!

Check for new replies or respond here...