inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: You're in your house alone, nobody's home, and you hear a noise upstairs....

Written By: 80sfan on 07/07/14 at 11:53 pm

Here's a fun thread, try not to do it before you go to sleep, or at night. Might give you the willies!!  :)

So you're at home and you know nobody's at home. Let's say you've checked the whole house or whatever. Then you here a voice upstairs whispering your name. For example the voice whispers, "Eighties fan, eighties fan, eighties fan, eighties fan."

Do you go upstairs and check if it's just your imagination? Do you run the hell out to your next door neighbor and get him/her to help you, and call the police?

Do you get a gun, THEN go upstairs? Do you call your parents and/or siblings and tell them to not go into the house?

-Cheers-

Subject: Re: You're in your house alone, nobody's home, and you hear a noise upstairs....

Written By: danootaandme on 07/08/14 at 3:59 am

I freeze up, scared to death, and dial 911, but I am too afraid to talk. The voice gets louder and my heart is pounding. Since I am downstairs and the voice is upstairs I run like hell screaming "FIRE". People are more likely to respond to "fire" than they are to respond to "help".

Subject: Re: You're in your house alone, nobody's home, and you hear a noise upstairs....

Written By: 80sfan on 07/08/14 at 9:58 am

I freeze up, scared to death, and dial 911, but I am too afraid to talk. The voice gets louder and my heart is pounding. Since I am downstairs and the voice is upstairs I run like hell screaming "FIRE". People are more likely to respond to "fire" than they are to respond to "help".

What if the police comes and 'nothing's there'. There's always that scene in a horror movie.

LOL at fire.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/08/14 at 10:07 am

In my house, I would say, "Oh those cats again." Or it could be "The Lady."  :o :o :o

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 07/08/14 at 12:28 pm

In my house, I would say, "Oh those cats again." Or it could be "The Lady." :o :o :o

Cat

Is that an entity or ghost?  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/08/14 at 1:11 pm

Is that an entity or ghost?  :)

Yes.

We were told that "The Lady" lives here but we haven't seen any evidence of her-YET!!!  There may be two others who live here, too but again, we haven't seen anything that would suggest so-at least not yet.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/08/14 at 2:41 pm

I'd call the local crazy house to have myself committed. :P

Written By: 80sfan on 07/08/14 at 7:25 pm

I'd call the local crazy house to have myself committed. :P

Yes, it's good to have your head checked first before making assumptions!  :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/08/14 at 11:30 pm

Better not be a mouse.  Means that cat's not doing her job, and one of these days, she's gonna get her walking papers!
:D

Written By: 80sfan on 07/09/14 at 12:07 am

I was going towards more of an ax murderer upstairs in your room.  ;D  ;D

And a slick one at that, slick like a ninja!  :(

Written By: Howard on 07/09/14 at 3:08 pm

Better not be a mouse.  Means that cat's not doing her job, and one of these days, she's gonna get her walking papers!
:D

It's not a mouse.

Written By: Howard on 07/09/14 at 3:09 pm

Do you go upstairs and check if it's just your imagination? Do you run the hell out to your next door neighbor and get him/her to help you, and call the police?

I'd run to my next door neighbor.

Written By: Howard on 07/09/14 at 3:11 pm

What if the police comes and 'nothing's there'. There's always that scene in a horror movie.

LOL at fire.

Then they'd arrest you for something that was false.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/09/14 at 6:40 pm

I'd run to my next door neighbor.

I remember watching Halloween 5, and the girl ran to her neighbor and called the police.  8)

Written By: 80sfan on 07/09/14 at 6:40 pm

Then they'd arrest you for something that was false.

Good point!

Written By: Howard on 07/10/14 at 2:55 pm

I'd bring my trusty old bat downstairs and take a swing!

Written By: 80sfan on 07/10/14 at 9:15 pm

I'd bring my trusty old bat downstairs and take a swing!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe233HM3s4Ldg8inWFBpn94wzJP0mDIra9fXev9IZCb6y3WC6LIA

What if it was Michael Myers, Howard?  :o :o

I would be scared.

Written By: Howard on 07/11/14 at 7:07 am

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe233HM3s4Ldg8inWFBpn94wzJP0mDIra9fXev9IZCb6y3WC6LIA

What if it was Michael Myers, Howard?  :o :o

I would be scared.

He don't scare me! :P

Written By: 80sfan on 07/11/14 at 1:09 pm

He don't scare me! :P

You beat him with a bat, I'll call the police!  8) 8)

Written By: Howard on 07/11/14 at 4:06 pm

You beat him with a bat, I'll call the police!  8) 8)

or I'll just set him on fire.

Check for new replies or respond here...