inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's going on with you in the month of August?

Written By: nally on 07/31/14 at 11:59 pm

Yep... another month is starting. Can you believe it?

I hope the month of August turns out well for all of us.

Subject: Re: What's going on with you in the month of August?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/01/14 at 12:19 am

I hope to be at the Platinum Blonde show in Toronto half way at the end of the month.

Written By: Howard on 08/01/14 at 2:45 pm

My parents celebrate 45 years on Sunday. :)

Written By: nally on 08/01/14 at 10:13 pm

My parents celebrate 45 years on Sunday. :)

Happy (early) anniversary to them. :)

At the end of this month, I am scheduled to be finished with my accounting program.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/01/14 at 11:52 pm

At the end of this month, I am scheduled to be finished with my accounting program.

Yay!

Written By: nally on 08/01/14 at 11:54 pm

Yay!

By the way, one person in the class finished up today (she started about two weeks before I did) and was presented with a certificate.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/02/14 at 12:14 am

By the way, one person in the class finished up today (she started about two weeks before I did) and was presented with a certificate.

8)

Written By: Howard on 08/02/14 at 7:08 am

good luck what happens after your accounting program?

Written By: Howard on 08/02/14 at 7:09 am

I'm looking forward to my week off at the end of the month.

Written By: nally on 08/02/14 at 11:25 am

good luck what happens after your accounting program?

Hopefully it'll get me a job somewhere.

Written By: annimal on 08/02/14 at 3:13 pm

My birthday will be coming up

I'm planning on and getting ready to start a butterfly garden.

Written By: Howard on 08/02/14 at 6:05 pm

Hopefully it'll get me a job somewhere.

good luck.

Written By: XYkid on 08/03/14 at 12:37 am

Hard to believe I've been on this site for a year now as of last month.
My new life in Seattle is going well, I have a job and trying to get a second one, and I'm meeting lots of fantastic people. I'm so glad to be back in the Northwest where I truly belong.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/03/14 at 2:55 am

http://www.thetravelingpenguin.com/PlatinumBlonde-SergioGalli.jpg

:-*  :-*  The Italian Dish Is HOT! ;) ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/03/14 at 3:05 pm

what is he holding? ???

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/03/14 at 3:10 pm

what is he holding? ???

A penguin.  :)  Judging by the look on his face I'd say he feels silly holding that thing for a photograph.  LOL ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/03/14 at 3:42 pm

This belongs here:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=46270.0

Cat

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/03/14 at 4:40 pm

Not really Cat.  Please look up further in the post.  You missed something completely.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/04/14 at 10:39 am

Not really Cat.  Please look up further in the post.  You missed something completely.

My point is that thread is for penguins, all penguins, any penguin. Your pic does belong in that thread. I'm not saying that it doesn't belong here, too.

Cat

Written By: MLB on 08/04/14 at 10:15 pm

Hello all...Last week I got a conditional invitation for employment--yay me....finally. Conditional on a background check and drug test. Should be fine because I've never not passed these things before.  But waiting to hear back is awful.
Next, my sis gave me her old smartphone when she upgraded....yay again. (I  had a dinosaur phone  before.)
Plus, I've been looking for wordgame apps and I told myself log in to play penguin games and you'll have more fun! So, thanks to everyone who posts all the time and keeps me coming back!!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/05/14 at 12:13 am

My point is that thread is for penguins, all penguins, any penguin. Your pic does belong in that thread. I'm not saying that it doesn't belong here, too.

Cat

;D Howard asked me a question and I answered his question.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/05/14 at 2:49 pm

Hello all...Last week I got a conditional invitation for employment--yay me....finally. Conditional on a background check and drug test. Should be fine because I've never not passed these things before.  But waiting to hear back is awful.
Next, my sis gave me her old smartphone when she upgraded....yay again. (I  had a dinosaur phone  before.)
Plus, I've been looking for wordgame apps and I told myself log in to play penguin games and you'll have more fun! So, thanks to everyone who posts all the time and keeps me coming back!!

nice to see you again Michelle. :)

Written By: nally on 08/05/14 at 7:52 pm

Hello again Michelle... wishing you well with the potential employment venture! :)

Written By: snozberries on 08/07/14 at 12:18 am

congrats

Written By: Bobby on 08/07/14 at 4:23 pm

I am on cloud nine at the moment.

There is this lovely girl in my congregation called Kerrie and I asked her if she wanted to go out on the ministry with me. She said; "yes".

She was talking very fast and hurried to me in an excited fashion and her thoughts were all over the place. Either she's a basket case or I've turned her into one.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 08/07/14 at 4:44 pm

Signed up for college, waiting and waiting...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/14 at 6:14 pm

There is this lovely girl in my congregation called Kerrie and I asked her if she wanted to go out on the ministry with me. She said; "yes".

She was talking very fast and hurried to me in an excited fashion and her thoughts were all over the place. Either she's a basket case or I've turned her into one.  :)

Good-luck & my advice is to proceed slowly.

Good-luck. My advice is if you haven't heard from them in a week or two, I would call them. Sometimes you have to light a fire under them.

BTW, nice name.  ;)

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 08/07/14 at 6:52 pm

Good-luck & my advice is to proceed slowly.

Good-luck. My advice is if you haven't heard from them in a week or two, I would call them. Sometimes you have to light a fire under them.

BTW, nice name.  ;)

Cat

Karma for the good luck.  :D

Written By: Howard on 08/08/14 at 7:33 am

Congratulations Bob.  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/08/14 at 7:34 am

Good Luck.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/08/14 at 9:11 am

Good Luck.

Thanks!

Written By: nally on 08/08/14 at 9:14 am

Congratulations Bob.  :)

Good Luck.

What Howard said. I hope it all turns out well. O0

Written By: 80sfan on 08/08/14 at 12:54 pm

What Howard said. I hope it all turns out well. O0

;)

Written By: Henk on 08/09/14 at 3:00 am

Returned from a 2-week vacation/holiday just yesterday. I took over 500 pictures, but not all are worth keeping (or posting). Working on that, but progress is slow...

Apart from a wet day on our arrival and some heavy showers on the next day, we've had nothing but sunny days with comfortable temperatures. 8)

Written By: Howard on 08/09/14 at 8:25 am

Returned from a 2-week vacation/holiday just yesterday. I took over 500 pictures, but not all are worth keeping (or posting). Working on that, but progress is slow...

Apart from a wet day on our arrival and some heavy showers on the next day, we've had nothing but sunny days with comfortable temperatures. 8)

Hey Henk, How was your vacation?  :)

Written By: karen on 08/09/14 at 2:21 pm

Last week Elizabeth and James were on Scout camp.  They both had a good time, and had generally decent weather.  I think James wore the same clothes practically all week!

Dai and I went to the Lake District for a week's orienteering.  Sunday was the worst day.  We had a long walk from the car to the start of the course and it was chucking it down with rain.  I was soaked before I even started and I was out for about two hours on my course and then had a long walk back to the car.  the rest of the week was better weather wise.  Wednesday was a rest day from orienteering so we went for a walk for a few hours.

Thursday started off badly.  We had a long walk (2 kilometres) with a lot of climb (400 metres) up to the start of the courses so we came up with a plan of dropping me off a bit higher up the hill so I could cut across and shorten the walk.  except I missed the path that joined the main route, and didn't know the path I was on actually went to the right place.  After nearly two hours wandering about I turned round and walked down to the car park.  Dai of course got to the start and didn't know why I wasn't there.  He didn't know if I'd just turned around or if I'd fallen in a ditch or down a cliff.  So he had a bad run worrying about what had happened to me (didn't actually abandon his run you notice!).  So in the afternoon we had a boat ride around a lake, a cream tea and then a nice meal out.

Loads of laundry to do and a house to tidy before Dai's mum and partner arrive Monday lunchtime

Written By: Henk on 08/11/14 at 2:14 pm

Hey Henk, How was your vacation?  :)

Most excellent, thank you. 8) For nearly two weeks there was no need to carry an umbrella or wear a coat (a rarity over here, even in summer). We were able to do all the things we planned on doing: a little hiking, some shopping, visiting the local fairs, enjoy the scenery...basically just enjoying ourselves!

Written By: Howard on 08/11/14 at 2:49 pm

Most excellent, thank you. 8) For nearly two weeks there was no need to carry an umbrella or wear a coat (a rarity over here, even in summer). We were able to do all the things we planned on doing: a little hiking, some shopping, visiting the local fairs, enjoy the scenery...basically just enjoying ourselves!

where do you plan on going next time? :)

Written By: nally on 08/11/14 at 10:37 pm

So...I'll need to report for jury duty tomorrow. I have already let my accounting instructor know about this.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/12/14 at 9:40 am

So...I'll need to report for jury duty tomorrow. I have already let my accounting instructor know about this.

Didn't you do jury duty a few years ago?

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/12/14 at 7:41 pm

Didn't you do jury duty a few years ago?

Cat

Yes...most recently in October 2010.

And today I did it again... and am now done with it until at least August 2015.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/12/14 at 8:20 pm

Yes...most recently in October 2010.

And today I did it again... and am now done with it until at least August 2015.

How often do you serve? I thought that once you served, you can't be called for at least 3 years-well at least that is what it was in when I lived in Texas (which I served twice). Never served here in Vermont.

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/13/14 at 10:24 pm

How often do you serve? I thought that once you served, you can't be called for at least 3 years-well at least that is what it was in when I lived in Texas (which I served twice). Never served here in Vermont.

Cat

It's different in different states. In California, once you serve, you won't be called again for at least a whole year.

Written By: karen on 08/16/14 at 2:04 pm

Dai's mum and partner were visiting this past week until Thursday.  We went to a local craft centre one day and saw some great ceramics and jewellery I was tempted to buy, but didn't in the end.  Another day we went to Bosworth battlefield visitor centre and then to a nearby steam train station for a look around their museum.  On Thursday we went to the National Motorbike Museum near Birmingham (on their route home).  Tom was Welsh motocross Champion for a couple of years back in the 50s and he owned a motorbike shop so he was loving it.

today we went orienteering at a nearby forestry area.  the event was partly aimed at newcomers to the sport so we helped out with explanations of the day etc before doing our own course.

Tomorrow is the science department get together at the ex-head of departments house.  we all take some food to share - Elizabeth and I baked some veggie quiche/tartlet things.

Written By: nally on 08/16/14 at 9:10 pm

^ Sounds good, Karen. O0 :)

Today I volunteered at the library for a couple of hours; when I got home I started to help my family clean up the house, but I was feeling a little crummy, so I didn't do a lot of cleanup. However, I am feeling much better right now.

Written By: karen on 08/18/14 at 11:55 am

starting to get things together for our camping trip this coming weekend.  Ordered another airbed yesterday and bought new stools today.  trying to gentle persuade Dai to buy a shelter so we can have an undercover dining/seating area outside the main tent.  It's cheaper than buying yet another bigger tent but it still not cheap.

Written By: nally on 08/18/14 at 6:01 pm

Today I had the day off from V.A.C.E., where I'm taking my accounting program. It was an "in-service" day for the school district, or something like that. So I did some volunteer work this morning, came home, and started reading some books which I am studying. Now I'm here.

Written By: nally on 08/19/14 at 7:23 pm

Today I began learning "automated" accounting, in which I will learn how to use a special software program.

Written By: Howard on 08/20/14 at 2:00 pm

Today I began learning "automated" accounting, in which I will learn how to use a special software program.

Good Luck.

Written By: nally on 08/20/14 at 7:08 pm

Good Luck.

Thanks.

So far it is going ok for me, although it does have its share of challenges.

Written By: karen on 08/21/14 at 3:52 pm

Going camping for the long weekend.  We are going to Scarborough (on the coast) for the White Rose orienteering festival.  We are hoping to get into the town and maybe on the beach if the weather is reasonable when we are not competing.

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/14 at 11:03 am

Going camping for the long weekend.  We are going to Scarborough (on the coast) for the White Rose orienteering festival.  We are hoping to get into the town and maybe on the beach if the weather is reasonable when we are not competing.

Have fun.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/22/14 at 11:13 am

Happy Birthday Karen!

Written By: Howard on 08/22/14 at 2:01 pm

I'm just enjoying my week off, I have to see my doctor on Monday, may go shopping for new boots and Polo shirts during the week and spending time with a friend.

Written By: nally on 08/22/14 at 7:05 pm

I'm just enjoying my week off, I have to see my doctor on Monday, may go shopping for new boots and Polo shirts during the week and spending time with a friend.

Have fun with that, and hope all goes well with your appointment.

Written By: Howard on 08/23/14 at 7:02 am

Have fun with that, and hope all goes well with your appointment.

It's just a regular Doctor's appointment.

Written By: nally on 08/23/14 at 5:27 pm

It's just a regular Doctor's appointment.

Ok then. Still, it should be fine.

That reminds me, I haven't had an eye exam in a while; I should probably schedule one sometime in the near future.

Written By: nally on 08/23/14 at 5:27 pm

So this morning I volunteered at the library for a couple of hours; I will not be doing that next Saturday because my family and I have travel plans during the day.

Written By: Howard on 08/23/14 at 6:21 pm

Ok then. Still, it should be fine.

That reminds me, I haven't had an eye exam in a while; I should probably schedule one sometime in the near future.

I'm going to ask If I can get my eyes checked too at the office.

Written By: nally on 08/23/14 at 11:39 pm

I'm going to ask If I can get my eyes checked too at the office.

Good for you. O0

The last time I had any sort of physical examination was two years ago, and they did check all sorts of things, including my eyes... but I still need a full in-depth checkup on them. I'm pretty sure they are just fine, as I can still see perfectly well, but it's always important to have them checked so they are healthy. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/24/14 at 7:00 am

Good for you. O0

The last time I had any sort of physical examination was two years ago, and they did check all sorts of things, including my eyes... but I still need a full in-depth checkup on them. I'm pretty sure they are just fine, as I can still see perfectly well, but it's always important to have them checked so they are healthy. :)

I try to get a check up once a year as required.

Written By: nally on 08/24/14 at 12:17 pm

I try to get a check up once a year as required.

I did that every year as a kid. Since I entered adulthood, I have been getting checkups at least every 2 years or so.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/14 at 2:30 pm

I did that every year as a kid. Since I entered adulthood, I have been getting checkups at least every 2 years or so.

doctors say you should get checked up once a year if you're healthy and if you have no problems then there's no need to go every 6 months.

Written By: nally on 08/24/14 at 10:23 pm

doctors say you should get checked up once a year if you're healthy and you have no problems then there's no need to go every 6 months.

I don't go every 6 months; that's twice a year. However, as a child I sometimes went to the doctor more than once in a year if I had an illness that kept me out of school, or if something was bothering me and I just couldn't figure it out.

And as an adult I have been pretty healthy for the most part. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/25/14 at 6:37 am

I don't go every 6 months; that's twice a year. However, as a child I sometimes went to the doctor more than once in a year if I had an illness that kept me out of school, or if something was bothering me and I just couldn't figure it out.

And as an adult I have been pretty healthy for the most part. :)

I used to go every 6 months but then My father said that there was no reason to go every 6 months so then I said I should go once a year and he agreed with it.

Last year I was at the doctor and the nurse told me when she put me on the scale she said that I lost 23 pounds and I told her that I am quite active in the parking lot bringing up carts every day, trying to drink more water and less coffee, trying to eat more fruits and vegetables, and just staying active and not be like My Father who's over weight.

Written By: nally on 08/25/14 at 7:08 pm

I used to go every 6 months but then My father said that there was no reason to go every 6 months so then I said I should go once a year and he agreed with it.

Last year I was at the doctor and the nurse told me when she put me on the scale she said that I lost 23 pounds and I told her that I am quite active in the parking lot bringing up carts every day, trying to drink more water and less coffee, trying to eat more fruits and vegetables, and just staying active and not be like My Father who's over weight.

Good for you. O0 Continue to stay healthy.

Written By: nally on 08/25/14 at 7:15 pm

Anyways...today was supposed to be the last week of my accounting program, but it looks like it's gonna go at least a couple more weeks. This is because I still have a couple more courses to take which I have not yet started. I have reached the more challenging courses, which take about a couple weeks to complete, as do the two courses that I have yet to start (and I can take them simultaneously; I do one of them in the morning and the other in the afternoon). But I am confident that I will pass them well.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/14 at 6:49 am

Good for you. O0 Continue to stay healthy.

I'll try, My Father when we go shopping He always likes to buy his cakes cookies and ice cream.

Written By: nally on 08/26/14 at 9:29 am

I'll try, My Father when we go shopping He always likes to buy his cakes cookies and ice cream.

Sometimes I can't resist the temptation to buy those things either, especially when they're on sale. :D

Written By: Howard on 08/26/14 at 1:44 pm

Sometimes I can't resist the temptation to buy those things either, especially when they're on sale. :D

My Father is overweight and he says he's losing weight and he swears that he's losing weight but when we're trying to eat less junk food he comes home with Oreo's, snack cakes and ice cream. ::)

Written By: Howard on 08/26/14 at 1:47 pm

Just got the results of my blood test & urine sample from My Doctor and I'm once again healthy so I will see him in 2015. And also great blood pressure 120/70.

Written By: nally on 08/26/14 at 7:45 pm

My Father is overweight and he says he's losing weight and he swears that he's losing weight but when we're trying to eat less junk food he comes home with Oreo's, snack cakes and ice cream. ::)

Maybe he should cut down on those things.

Written By: nally on 08/26/14 at 7:45 pm

Just got the results of my blood test & urine sample from My Doctor and I'm once again healthy so I will see him in 2015. And also great blood pressure 120/70.

Excellent!!

Also, I had a good day today. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/27/14 at 7:38 am

Maybe he should cut down on those things.

I know, that's what My Mother is saying.

Written By: karen on 08/27/14 at 8:53 am

Busy few days.

We went away on Friday to Scarborough for an orienteering weekend.  We camped with some friends and were able to walk to each of the races.  On the whole the weather was reasonable (some rain on Saturday evening and a little chilly)

We did quite well in the various events.  If you get a place (1st, 2nd or 3rd) you win a mug.  Elizabeth won 4 altogether, Dai won 1 and I won one.

We came home latish on Monday and unpacked the car.  Yesterday we were busy doing laundry, empty bags and boxes and tidying the house.  We had friends coming round for dinner (well it seemed a good plan when we asked them!)

There's just the tent to clean and refold now.  School starts next week

Written By: nally on 08/27/14 at 4:05 pm

Busy few days.

We went away on Friday to Scarborough for an orienteering weekend.  We camped with some friends and were able to walk to each of the races.  On the whole the weather was reasonable (some rain on Saturday evening and a little chilly)

We did quite well in the various events.  If you get a place (1st, 2nd or 3rd) you win a mug.  Elizabeth won 4 altogether, Dai won 1 and I won one.

We came home latish on Monday and unpacked the car.  Yesterday we were busy doing laundry, empty bags and boxes and tidying the house.  We had friends coming round for dinner (well it seemed a good plan when we asked them!)

Glad you had a good weekend... and congratz to the three of you on winning!

Written By: snozberries on 08/27/14 at 7:38 pm

Busy few days.

Guests after a big trip??? What the hell were you thinking. lol.

Sounds like a great time was had by all.

Written By: XYkid on 08/28/14 at 8:48 pm

So my friend and I are moving out of his mum's place Sunday and going to live with some new roommates. We got to meet them today and they seem like awesome people and they have a lot in common with us. This will be the first time I will be living in a place where I pay my own rent. We will also be closer to downtown Seattle!

Written By: nally on 08/28/14 at 10:27 pm

So my friend and I are moving out of his mum's place Sunday and going to live with some new roommates. We got to meet them today and they seem like awesome people and they have a lot in common with us. This will be the first time I will be living in a place where I pay my own rent. We will also be closer to downtown Seattle!

Good luck with that. Sounds like fun...

Written By: karen on 08/29/14 at 3:35 am

Guests after a big trip??? What the hell were you thinking. lol.

Thankfully the house itself wasn't too scuzzy, because it wasn't too long since Dai's mum had visited.  And, although it was the first time they'd been to the house, I was hoping they came into the good "friends who ignore piles of laundry" category.

Elizabeth had an appointment with the orthodontist this morning to take moulds and x-rays of her teeth.  We next go in October to discuss the treatment plan.

Last bits and pieces of pottering before going back to work next week.

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/14 at 5:15 pm

Thankfully the house itself wasn't too scuzzy, because it wasn't too long since Dai's mum had visited.  And, although it was the first time they'd been to the house, I was hoping they came into the good "friends who ignore piles of laundry" category.

Elizabeth had an appointment with the orthodontist this morning to take moulds and x-rays of her teeth.  We next go in October to discuss the treatment plan.

Last bits and pieces of pottering before going back to work next week.

those are my favorite kinds of friends!

Written By: 80sfan on 08/29/14 at 5:17 pm

I'm going to a wedding tomorrow.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/14 at 5:22 pm

yours???? are there shotguns involved???  :D

seriously tho...have fun!

Written By: nally on 08/30/14 at 12:02 am

That should be nice. :)

Written By: nally on 08/30/14 at 12:03 am

Tomorrow I'll be going on a daytrip with my family.

Written By: Howard on 08/30/14 at 7:42 am

Have a good time. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/30/14 at 7:42 am

Tomorrow I'll be going on a daytrip with my family.

enjoy your trip.

Written By: nally on 08/30/14 at 10:22 pm

enjoy your trip.

Thanks, I did. More details to come later. :)

Written By: XYkid on 08/31/14 at 3:23 am

I got to see 2 of my all time favourite bands, Soundgarden and Nine Inch Nails, tonight. Greatest concert of my life!

Written By: karen on 08/31/14 at 3:39 am

Yesterday we went to watch some sheepdog trials.  The dog has to guide some sheep around a course, steer some into a pen and out and then separate one sheep off from the group.  Dai also did a fell race in the morning.

In the afternoon we drove to a village nearby and had a look at their well dressing and street parade.  this was in the village of Eyam - which is famous as a village that cut itself off when the plague came to the village to avoid spreading around the area.

Written By: nally on 08/31/14 at 10:58 am

I got to see 2 of my all time favourite bands, Soundgarden and Nine Inch Nails, tonight. Greatest concert of my life!

Sounds like you enjoyed the show! :)

Written By: nally on 08/31/14 at 11:05 am

So yesterday my family and I drove up to San Luis Obispo to pick up some apples at this place called Gopher Glen; it is a "farm" that sells fresh-picked apples; we have gone there for several years, usually in late August/early September, to get a certain variety of apples that we can't find in stores. So we bought 20 lbs of this kind of apple and some other goodies as well, then went to have some lunch, find a park to take pictures, and then drive back home.

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/14 at 1:05 pm

So yesterday my family and I drove up to San Luis Obispo to pick up some apples at this place called Gopher Glen; it is a "farm" that sells fresh-picked apples; we have gone there for several years, usually in late August/early September, to get a certain variety of apples that we can't find in stores. So we bought 20 lbs of this kind of apple and some other goodies as well, then went to have some lunch, find a park to take pictures, and then drive back home.

Hope you waved as you passed by  :D

Written By: nally on 08/31/14 at 1:06 pm

Hope you waved as you passed by  :D

Both on the way up and back; in fact, on the way back we stopped at the Magellan's Travel Supplies store in Santa Barbara before having some dinner at the nearby Chuck's Steakhouse restaurant just up the street.

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/14 at 1:13 pm

Both on the way up and back; in fact, on the way back we stopped at the Magellan's Travel Supplies store in Santa Barbara before having some dinner at the nearby Chuck's Steakhouse restaurant just up the street.

Chuck's is fantastic!!! Good choice.  O0

Written By: Howard on 08/31/14 at 2:58 pm

enjoy your apples.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/14 at 3:06 pm

...brewing you own cider?

Written By: nally on 08/31/14 at 8:31 pm

Chuck's is fantastic!!! Good choice.  O0

Thanks! :) I had actually never eaten there before, but my parents did. And I enjoyed my food.

Written By: nally on 08/31/14 at 8:32 pm

...brewing you own cider?

Uhm...no, the staff brews the cider on the premises. They also pick the apples.

Written By: nally on 08/31/14 at 8:36 pm

enjoy your apples.

Thanks Howard. I think we will. This kind of apple that we got, by the way, is the Jonathan. They are seasonal, and are in season only during the late summer/very early fall. We love the way they taste, and are always disappointed when they go out of season. We used to be able to get them in the grocery stores; this was way back in the late 80s/early to mid 90s, but it seems the stores no longer carry them. That's why we found this Gopher Glen place (we did an internet search c. 2006 or so and found them). And every year, during the summer, we check their website to see what kind of apples they have available; my mom even calls the place to find out when said apples will be ready for selling.

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/14 at 10:36 pm

Thanks! :) I had actually never eaten there before, but my parents did. And I enjoyed my food.

If you guys ever get the chance try Chuck's waterfront Grill. It's also got rest food.  And a great view of the water. 

Check for new replies or respond here...