inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Girls!

Written By: Visor765 on 09/21/14 at 12:03 pm

I'm going to ask you this scenario. I would appreciate a direct answer, and if you've actually experienced this first hand that would be even better! Okay, so, here it is.

You get into a fight with another girl. She has two unused items: a curling iron with the chord wrapped around it, and a blow dryer with the chord wrapped around it. She's going to throw one of them at you in her rage, you can't stop that. Regardless of which of the two items she throws at you, it hits you in the face/head area. Say you experienced both: Which would hurt more? Would you scream? Would you cry? Would you bleed? Would you need to go to the hospital? I want all of these questions answered.

Subject: Re: Girls!

Written By: Bobby on 09/21/14 at 5:21 pm

Is this an imaginary scenario or is this something that has happened to you, Visor765?

Erm...they both have cord wrapped around it but I reckon the curling iron is more denser than a blow dryer. If either one hit me in the face I would probably have a small concussion for a while though I doubt bleeding would occur. I don't think I would scream but I would probably feel sick after having a small concussion and probably cry.

I doubt I would go to hospital but I would probably need a packet of frozen peas handy to reduce the swelling.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/21/14 at 5:52 pm

I'm going to ask you this scenario. I would appreciate a direct answer, and if you've actually experienced this first hand that would be even better! Okay, so, here it is.

You get into a fight with another girl. She has two unused items: a curling iron with the chord wrapped around it, and a blow dryer with the chord wrapped around it. She's going to throw one of them at you in her rage, you can't stop that. Regardless of which of the two items she throws at you, it hits you in the face/head area. Say you experienced both: Which would hurt more? Would you scream? Would you cry? Would you bleed? Would you need to go to the hospital? I want all of these questions answered.

Are you mad at someone?  ???

Written By: Visor765 on 09/21/14 at 7:16 pm

Nope, I am not mad at anyone. This is an entirely imaginary scenario. Never has this happened to me before, although I'm only 18/almost 19 so it is entirely possible that it will happen to me if I ever have drama in my life (college, living on my own, etc.). I got it from a short story, so I just wanna know what other people might think when they imagine it.

Written By: Bobby on 09/21/14 at 7:17 pm

Nope, I am not mad at anyone. This is an entirely imaginary scenario. Never has this happened to me before, although I'm only 18/almost 19 so it is entirely possible that it will happen to me if I ever have drama in my life (college, living on my own, etc.). I got it from a short story, so I just wanna know what other people might think when they imagine it.

What was the short story about? Domestic abuse?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/21/14 at 11:07 pm

This might be a good visual aid to help answer your question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNqLoFHJxM0

This probably wouldn't injure you badly enough for a trip to the ER, but it sure would hurt like hell.  :o

Written By: Visor765 on 09/22/14 at 1:25 am

What was the short story about? Domestic abuse?

No, it was supposed to be about college life about a bunch of students and their drama, and these two girls who are roommates absolutely HATE each other. They fight all the time, and my friend isn't sure which item she wants thrown, the curling iron, or the blow dryer. She asked me, so I'm asking this board.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/22/14 at 11:03 am

No, it was supposed to be about college life about a bunch of students and their drama, and these two girls who are roommates absolutely HATE each other. They fight all the time, and my friend isn't sure which item she wants thrown, the curling iron, or the blow dryer. She asked me, so I'm asking this board.

Tell her neither. If you find yourself in that situation, you should go to whomever runs the dorms and asked to be reassigned to a different roommate.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/22/14 at 2:35 pm

I would say the curling iron, the blow dryer would hurt me unless the blow dryer was on HOT! :o

Written By: Bobby on 09/24/14 at 5:46 pm

I see...I think, lol.

Yeah go with the blow dryer.

Check for new replies or respond here...