inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Daring dandruff December!!!

Written By: 80sfan on 12/01/14 at 12:10 am

Welcome to December 2014, all.  8)  8)  8)

Subject: Re: Daring dandruff December!!!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/01/14 at 12:21 am

lol Interesting topic headline.  ;D 

What's going on in December for me?  Well, I really need to get serious about getting rid of stuff.  I asked mom not to get me or James anything for Christmas, we are going to move to much smaller place to save money in January.  I suppose I will have to shop for something for them and my brother.  I never know what to get them.  Not sure that I'm even going to put up a tree this year.

Would love it if I could snap my fingers and know that most of my stuff would go to good homes that need ... stuff.  I hate the thought of throwing stuff out.  As George Carlin said, I need a "place for my stuff."  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 12/01/14 at 1:17 am

What's going on in December for me?  Well, I really need to get serious about getting rid of stuff.  I asked mom not to get me or James anything for Christmas, we are going to move to much smaller place to save money in January.  I suppose I will have to shop for something for them and my brother.  I never know what to get them.  Not sure that I'm even going to put up a tree this year.

Would love it if I could snap my fingers and know that most of my stuff would go to good homes that need ... stuff.  I hate the thought of throwing stuff out.  As George Carlin said, I need a "place for my stuff."  ;D

It feels like a lot of people are starting something in January. I am starting college (going back to be more precise, at 26) to finish my bachelor's.

Good luck on all the cleaning up!

Written By: 80sfan on 12/01/14 at 1:19 am

;D ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/14 at 2:32 am

Today is the last day on the island , tomorrow we start to head back to Manila.

Written By: nally on 12/01/14 at 11:32 am

Take care with your travels. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/01/14 at 11:42 am

I could have written that. I am trying to find homes for all my stuff. Yeah, some things are getting rid of but trying to find homes for the stuff that we are keeping is proving to be a pain. Have no idea what we are going to do with all our VHS tapes and our records (as in vinyl). The garage is PACKED with the stuff we are planning to sell. What really baffles us is that this house is bigger than our old house and we had all that crap stuff in it. We didn't have a garage. We wondered HOW we did it. But, we did have crap stuff EVERYWHERE. I really don't want this house to get like that.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/01/14 at 11:48 am

Today is Cyber Monday. You know what I'm gonna do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rqNZAIQH4U

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/01/14 at 2:36 pm

Have a good time. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/01/14 at 2:38 pm

I can't believe it's the final month of 2014, Where'd 2014 go?  :o

Written By: nally on 12/01/14 at 11:51 pm

I know, the year has just flown by.

Written By: Howard on 12/02/14 at 2:44 pm

I'm looking forward to my week off in just a couple of weeks. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/14 at 3:49 pm

Got my book back from the printers. YAY!!!! It was a bit more expensive than I thought it would be. BOOOO! I just hope the kids like it.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/14 at 7:55 pm

I do know about others but I have enjoyed this year!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/14 at 7:57 pm

Have a good time. :)
Our journey to Manila has been delayed slightly, we spending a few days in the second largest city in the Philippines.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/14 at 8:49 pm

A typhoon could hit the area I am in now this weekend!, but fortuitous for us we leave here on Thursday.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/03/14 at 10:26 am

A typhoon could hit the area I am in now this weekend!, but fortuitous for us we leave here on Thursday.

Yikes. Safe travels.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/03/14 at 2:39 pm

I do know about others but I have enjoyed this year!

This year for me was so-so.

Written By: Howard on 12/03/14 at 2:40 pm

Have a safe travel.  :o

Written By: snozberries on 12/03/14 at 5:58 pm

Good luck with the downsizing Patty.

I started doing that thanksgiving week.  I cleaned out my bedroom (got rid of a couple trash bags and donated a bunch of stuff...) it hurt a bit - like I was throwing away money / or parting with old friends...I'm really attached to my stuff.... but I really needed the room. Effie couldn't walk any longer  :-\\

I should have tried to have another garage sale but there just wasn't time and it's hard to do when you are alone... so they got donated to the rescue mission....because they were the ones available to come the quickest  :D

now that the back room is 85% complete... I need to work on the front room....but I'm busy this weekend so Effie has to suffer one more week.

Written By: snozberries on 12/03/14 at 6:07 pm

great night last night... went to an advanced screening of Selma....got to see it this time... also had my third and second best Oprah encounter....

this means I met oprah twice in the last 20 days and my pics are AWESOME!

Written By: nally on 12/03/14 at 9:31 pm

great night last night... went to an advanced screening of Selma....got to see it this time... also had my third and second best Oprah encounter....

Cool!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/03/14 at 10:06 pm

Just a quick message to say we have safely arrived back in Manila.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/03/14 at 11:50 pm

Cool!!
Many thanks!

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/14 at 9:46 am

good to know

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/14 at 9:47 am

Cool!!

yeah I thought so too! thanks!  :)

Written By: nally on 12/04/14 at 2:20 pm

yeah I thought so too! thanks!  :)

hope you can share some pics sometime... :)

Written By: Howard on 12/04/14 at 2:48 pm

Wow, that's great.

Written By: Howard on 12/04/14 at 2:49 pm

glad to see you're safe.

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/14 at 3:48 pm

hope you can share some pics sometime... :)

ask and it shall be done  ;)

and here you go... http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=26885.msg3198433#msg3198433

Written By: nally on 12/04/14 at 9:14 pm

ask and it shall be done  ;)

and here you go... http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=26885.msg3198433#msg3198433

Thanks... and karma plus one your way!!

Written By: snozberries on 12/05/14 at 12:09 am

Thanks... and karma plus one your way!!

Thanks. Right backatcha.

Written By: nally on 12/05/14 at 7:38 pm

I'm gonna have a panel interview on Monday, for an accounting clerk position I recently applied for, and I emailed my accounting instructor to inform him of this. So today (Friday) he invited me to come and practice my interviewing skills with him in the afternoon. He also gave me suggestions/advice on how to approach certain questions that might be posed to me.

Written By: karen on 12/06/14 at 4:31 am

that's great Jeff.  I hope you get the job.

Try and take a couple of slow deep breaths to calm yourself down a little before you step through the door to the interviewers.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/14 at 4:35 am

I'm gonna have a panel interview on Monday, for an accounting clerk position I recently applied for, and I emailed my accounting instructor to inform him of this. So today (Friday) he invited me to come and practice my interviewing skills with him in the afternoon. He also gave me suggestions/advice on how to approach certain questions that might be posed to me.
Good luck Jeff!

Have researched on the company as well?

Written By: karen on 12/06/14 at 4:38 am

Today is Dai's birthday.  I bought him a sweater for work and James decorated a spatula at Scouts using pyrography (that is burning a design into wood).  He wrote on it "I like to cook with wine - sometimes I even put some in the food"

James is playing rugby for a school team this morning.  Dai and our Australian visitor - Zoe - have gone to watch.  I elected to stay home and do the housework - boring but warmer!

This afternoon we are going for a mooch around town and then going out for a meal this evening.

tomorrow is the annual Santa Fun Run in town.  It is a 5K course around the town and through a local park with everyone wearing a santa costume.  Should be a sight to see

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/14 at 4:41 am

Today is Dai's birthday.  I bought him a sweater for work and James decorated a spatula at Scouts using pyrography (that is burning a design into wood).  He wrote on it "I like to cook with wine - sometimes I even put some in the food"

James is playing rugby for a school team this morning.  Dai and our Australian visitor - Zoe - have gone to watch.  I elected to stay home and do the housework - boring but warmer!

This afternoon we are going for a mooch around town and then going out for a meal this evening.

tomorrow is the annual Santa Fun Run in town.  It is a 5K course around the town and through a local park with everyone wearing a santa costume.  Should be a sight to see
Happy Birthday to Dai!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/06/14 at 4:58 am

Good Luck Jeff

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/06/14 at 5:11 am

Happy Birthday Dai.

That was a fun gift from James.

Sounds like a fun run to watch, although jogging around in a woolen Santa suit sounds a might uncomfortable. lol

Written By: Howard on 12/06/14 at 7:10 am

Good Luck. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/06/14 at 7:12 am

Happy Birthday to Dai. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/06/14 at 11:00 am

Please give Dai our birthday wishes and hope that he has a FANTASTIC day.

Cat & Carlos

Written By: nally on 12/07/14 at 12:09 pm

Good luck Jeff!

Have researched on the company as well?

Yes, it's a school district office.

Written By: nally on 12/07/14 at 12:10 pm

that's great Jeff.  I hope you get the job.

Try and take a couple of slow deep breaths to calm yourself down a little before you step through the door to the interviewers.

Will do.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/14 at 2:36 am

Feeling relieved that the typhoon in the Philippines is now weakening, and is not a major threat any more.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/08/14 at 3:06 am

Feeling relieved that the typhoon in the Philippines is now weakening, and is not a major threat any more.

I've been hoping that you and your family and friends have been safe. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/14 at 5:18 am

I've been hoping that you and your family and friends have been safe. 
We are all.fine, now just getting wet with the rain.

Written By: nally on 12/08/14 at 11:14 am

Glad to hear you are ok. O0

Written By: Howard on 12/08/14 at 2:53 pm

very glad to hear that.

Written By: snozberries on 12/08/14 at 3:38 pm

good luck Jeff

Written By: snozberries on 12/08/14 at 3:39 pm

Happy Birthday to Dai...

The Santa run sounds fun!

Written By: snozberries on 12/08/14 at 3:41 pm

that's good news

Written By: nally on 12/08/14 at 4:41 pm

good luck Jeff

Thanks.

And now I'm back, to report that I feel I did well.

Written By: snozberries on 12/08/14 at 5:05 pm

Thanks.

that's great

Written By: nally on 12/08/14 at 5:48 pm

that's great

yeah, the people on the panel said that there were 15 other candidates to be interviewed, and depending on how many of them do well, some of 'em (that includes myself) might be called in for a second interview. Also, they said that someone would be selected after the first of the year, due to the upcoming holiday period.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/14 at 7:18 pm

Thanks.

That sounds good!

Written By: Howard on 12/09/14 at 2:50 pm

Thanks.

that's very good news.

Written By: nally on 12/09/14 at 2:53 pm

That sounds good!

that's very good news.

Thanks guys.

Even though I am awaiting feedback from these people (to see if I get into the next stage of the selection process), I will continue to send applications to other places.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/14 at 8:09 am

I will on my travels again tomorrow, and I am not sure of the availability of Wi-Fi for the next week or so.

Written By: nally on 12/11/14 at 10:39 am

I will on my travels again tomorrow, and I am not sure of the availability of Wi-Fi for the next week or so.

Take care in all you do, Philip.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/14 at 3:39 pm

enjoy your trip.

Written By: karen on 12/11/14 at 4:52 pm

school/work finishes tomorrow for the Christmas break.

So many dramas to deal with recently I'll be glad to get away.

We had Christmas lunch today - shame the sprouts weren't cooked.

Tonight James and I made cup cakes for his class party tomorrow.

Written By: nally on 12/11/14 at 9:52 pm

Today I attended a party at the library honoring all the volunteers who've given their time this past year. I had a nice time. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/12/14 at 4:37 am

Today I attended a party at the library honoring all the volunteers who've given their time this past year. I had a nice time. :)
Lunch and drinks?

Written By: nally on 12/12/14 at 8:18 pm

Lunch and drinks?

Yes... although mostly party-type foods. But it could still be considered a meal. :)

Written By: nally on 12/13/14 at 3:53 pm

Got some holiday shopping done today.

Written By: karen on 12/14/14 at 2:29 pm

We were away for the weekend.

Yesterday we drove to Bath to look around the Roman baths and explore the town.  There was a Christmas market on with lots of interesting stalls to look at.  The baths themselves were very interesting.  There is a natural hot spring that was channelled and piped to fill several baths.  There was a dual purpose to the area.  People came to take the waters for their health giving and healing properties.  And they also came to worship at the temple and pray to the gods, asking for help etc.

In the early evening we drove across to Salisbury, another interesting historical town.  We stayed in the youth hostel there and had a look around the town centre whilst trying to find somewhere to eat.  After dinner we went to look at the outside of Salisbury cathedral.  It has the highest spire in the UK.

This morning we drove across to Stonehenge and did a tour.  You can get quite close to the stones, but not right up to touch them.  Then we drove to Avebury, which is a small village centred around and inside some stone circles and earthworks.

the whole area around has burial barrows and other ancient earthworks.  Plus there are several white horses carved into the chalk hillsides - unfortunately none visible from the road we were on.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/14/14 at 3:00 pm

Yesterday we drove to Bath to look around the Roman baths and explore the town.  There was a Christmas market on with lots of interesting stalls to look at.  The baths themselves were very interesting.  There is a natural hot spring that was channelled and piped to fill several baths.  There was a dual purpose to the area.  People came to take the waters for their health giving and healing properties.  And they also came to worship at the temple and pray to the gods, asking for help etc.

In the early evening we drove across to Salisbury, another interesting historical town.  We stayed in the youth hostel there and had a look around the town centre whilst trying to find somewhere to eat.  After dinner we went to look at the outside of Salisbury cathedral.  It has the highest spire in the UK.

This morning we drove across to Stonehenge and did a tour.  You can get quite close to the stones, but not right up to touch them.  Then we drove to Avebury, which is a small village centred around and inside some stone circles and earthworks.

the whole area around has burial barrows and other ancient earthworks.  Plus there are several white horses carved into the chalk hillsides - unfortunately none visible from the road we were on.

I'm jealous. Maybe some day.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/15/14 at 12:34 am

Finally started decorating our tree today. We got it on Wednesday of last wk (the 10th), but hadn't had any time to decorate it until today. And there's still a little bit more to be done.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/15/14 at 4:28 am

sPIMDS ;OLR S;PY PG GIM///  er... that was supposed to say "Spunds like alot of fun" but I'm typing with a cat on my chest and he is blocking my view of the laptop screen.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/15/14 at 5:00 am

Got some of my Christmas cards out Friday, but not all of them.  I have to find addresses online for some.  At least I didn't lose my cards this year (just my addresses. Ha!)  I'm so scattered lately.  I really don't know if I'm coming or going.  I was able to ask mom suggestions on what to get her, dad and my brother.  So I will pick that up after we get paid on Wednesday.
I'm very slowly finding homes for my stuff, I should just pack it up into boxes and give it to a charity shop.  I will probably end up doing that.  Maybe I can find some charity organizaation looking for presents and give them lots of stuff.  You wouldn't think it'd be this hard to get rid of stuff.

A couple nights ago, our neighbors (who we only are nodding acquaintences of and we got some of their mail when they first movied in) got into a terrible fight.  At first it was just screaming and cursing at each other then it escalated into thumps on the wall and the lady yelling to stop hitting her.  My husband and I looked at each other and decided, even though we don't want to get in the middle, we had to call the police.  Well my hubby had 911 on the phone when the lady next door came running over and pounding on the door and screaming for help.  It was 1:30 a.m. (We were up as we are night owls, as you well know.) So hubby let her in then slammed the door shut, the husband came banging on our door a couple minutes later, and hubby just yelled through the door that the police were coming.  The lady was cowering in our dark hallway downstairs to the laundry room.  Hubby was talking to 911 and the lady kept screaming that she had to get her son out. 
So, the police come and question both husband and wife seperately.  The husband apparently had scratches on him and she didn't have aany visible injuries.  She was so intimidated by the police that she couldn't get her story out... so they took her to jail.  :(  The lady's son came over to our house for a couple minutes while the police were doing their interviews.  By that time, it was 3 a.m. and I realized that I did not have any movies or cartoons that would interest a 7 year old boy.  He wanted Batman cartoons, but by the time I found some Batman for him on demand, the interviews were over and they were carting off his mom.  We don't tend to have visitors here since it's kind of a hoarding situation, not quite as bad as t.v. but getting there.  So I was really embarrassed about having people in my apartment.  All of that didn't phase the kid, he just seemed like it was another day.  So, it apparently has happened enough where it doesn't bother him anymore.  My husband's dad and various stepfathers would beat on his mom (and him) thoughtout his childhood, so it really upset my hubby alot.

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/14 at 11:37 am

Sounds like a great trip Karen!

And it sounds like a horrible night for you Patty.

It's too bad the woman wasn't forthcoming when the officers interviewed her.
Too bad the dom is growing up that way.
Hopefully she comes to her senses and kicks the ass out (or leaves him there)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/15/14 at 10:28 pm

Sounds like a great trip Karen!

And it sounds like a horrible night for you Patty.

It's too bad the woman wasn't forthcoming when the officers interviewed her.
Too bad the dom is growing up that way.
Hopefully she comes to her senses and kicks the ass out (or leaves him there)

I'm hoping she leaves too, but it doesn't look promising.  She told my hubby that she had had a protection order out against her husband and that they were thinking about divorce.  He sleeps on the couch and she in the bedroom.  She didn't say who they were, but we've seen an older couple stay there before as well.  Could be her parents, or his maybe.  These townhomes are so expensive (for this area) (I'm sure in California, it'd be rather reasonable.) We are thinking about moving somewhere cheaper and just got a notice today that our rent is going up $25 dollars more a month with next lease cycle (starting Feb. 1).  We are pretty much nearing our limit now...  :(

Hubby is supposed to have some kind of laser surgery on his eye for his glaucoma.  I don't think there is much to be done for the Ocular Dystrophy yet, but there is always hope.  Since it is the VA, they may be up for some newer procedures as they come along.  I don't know.  They surgery won't be until January 8th, so it probably shouldn't be in this thread, but I'm a rebel.  Sue me.  lol  I've got lots of stuff to sue for (about 100 nail polishes and 1000's of books, can't have my two cats though.  Everything else is negotiable.  :P)

Written By: snozberries on 12/16/14 at 1:33 am

Well if I can't have the cats what's the point of suing you!  :P

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/16/14 at 7:09 am

Well if I can't have the cats what's the point of suing you!  :P

lol I'm sure Effie would love my cats (not to mention that I know you aren't a cat person at all.)  lol  Perhaps if you ever need your carpet peed on or your staircase newel post scratched up, I could let you borrow them.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/16/14 at 10:58 am

lol I'm sure Effie would love my cats (not to mention that I know you aren't a cat person at all.)  lol  Perhaps if you ever need your carpet peed on or your staircase newel post scratched up, I could let you borrow them.  ;D

thanks.. I will keep that in mind lol

Effie actually loves cats..... not for the reasons most dogs "love" them... she is actually fond of them

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/16/14 at 3:07 pm

Believe it or not, I got hit by a car today.  :o :o :o :o

We went out for lunch and as we were coming out of the restaurant and on the way to the car, I stopped to get my camera out of my purse because the trees looked so beautiful with all the snow on them. I didn't see the woman backing up and she hit me. I stumbled back but didn't even fall. It didn't even hurt even though I could feel where she hit me. She stopped and got out the car and was probably more scared than I was. I kept telling her it was ok-I was ok. I was just pretty shaken up. The woman hugged me, kept asking if I was ok. She offered to give me her name/number. I kept telling her it was ok. It doesn't even seem like I even got a bruise (and I usually bruise fairly easily). It just took me a while before I stopped shaking. I have to admit that this is the first time I have been hit by a car.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/16/14 at 5:51 pm

We went out for lunch and as we were coming out of the restaurant and on the way to the car, I stopped to get my camera out of my purse because the trees looked so beautiful with all the snow on them. I didn't see the woman backing up and she hit me. I stumbled back but didn't even fall. It didn't even hurt even though I could feel where she hit me. She stopped and got out the car and was probably more scared than I was. I kept telling her it was ok-I was ok. I was just pretty shaken up. The woman hugged me, kept asking if I was ok. She offered to give me her name/number. I kept telling her it was ok. It doesn't even seem like I even got a bruise (and I usually bruise fairly easily). It just took me a while before I stopped shaking. I have to admit that this is the first time I have been hit by a car.

Cat

Scary.

Glad you're okay.

Written By: nally on 12/16/14 at 6:07 pm

Thanks.

Well... apparently I didn't do as well as I thought I had in this interview, cuz today in the mail I got a letter from the place indicating that I was not selected (perhaps for the next stage in the process), but they were kind about it. The person who wrote the letter still thanked me for applying and thanked me for my time, and will keep me in their records.

This all being said, I feel that this has been a learning experience for me, and I still feel I did fairly well in the interview.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/16/14 at 6:20 pm

Well... apparently I didn't do as well as I thought I had in this interview, cuz today in the mail I got a letter from the place indicating that I was not selected (perhaps for the next stage in the process), but they were kind about it. The person who wrote the letter still thanked me for applying and thanked me for my time, and will keep me in their records.

This all being said, I feel that this has been a learning experience for me, and I still feel I did fairly well in the interview.
I always found it warming when they reply with 'keep me in their records' for your never know for the chosen applicant may turn out to be a turkey.

Written By: meesa on 12/16/14 at 6:26 pm

Cat

Oh my I am glad that you are alright!

Written By: nally on 12/16/14 at 9:42 pm

I always found it warming when they reply with 'keep me in their records' for your never know for the chosen applicant may turn out to be a turkey.

Right. Even at that, I'll be in their system if another type of job comes up that might interest me.

Written By: karen on 12/17/14 at 3:40 am

Cat

Hugs

Even if you weren't hurt it shakes you up a bit

Written By: Howard on 12/17/14 at 7:29 am

Cat

Wow Cat glad you're OK.

Written By: karen on 12/17/14 at 10:19 am

waiting at the bus stop today to go to Leicester and we saw a couple nearly knocked over.  The road crossing is in three parts.  Two of them had green man to say it was safe to cross but the section they were crossing didn't, and they stepped out in front of a van without even looking.  Thankfully the van driver saw them and slammed on his brakes.

Did some Christmas shopping in Leicester.  It's hard shopping for presents when the kids won't get the hint and go away!

Written By: snozberries on 12/17/14 at 10:23 am

Sorry you didn't get the job but every interview helps you practice for the next one

Written By: nally on 12/17/14 at 10:42 am

Sorry you didn't get the job but every interview helps you practice for the next one

That is true; the process becomes less "foreign" to me as I go forth.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/17/14 at 12:25 pm

Thanks, everyone.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/17/14 at 2:14 pm

waiting at the bus stop today to go to Leicester and we saw a couple nearly knocked over.  The road crossing is in three parts.  Two of them had green man to say it was safe to cross but the section they were crossing didn't, and they stepped out in front of a van without even looking.  Thankfully the van driver saw them and slammed on his brakes.

I think the driver was in the wrong, thank god the driver stopped in time.

Written By: snozberries on 12/17/14 at 8:58 pm

I think the driver was in the wrong, thank god the driver stopped in time.

Nope.  The pedestrians were wrong. They crossed against R light. The driver was attentive and that's good.

Written By: Howard on 12/18/14 at 8:03 am

Nope.  The pedestrians were wrong. They crossed against R light. The driver was attentive and that's good.

You're right, I think the pedestrians should cross when the light turns green not cross between cars.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/18/14 at 1:20 pm

Finished my Christmas cards today-YAY!!!!! Put curtains up in the front room and tomorrow we will put up the curtains in the library. Then when everyone comes this weekend, there will be curtains in the rooms that people will be sleeping in-which is always a nice thing to have.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: karen on 12/18/14 at 2:48 pm

Christmas tree is finally up.  Wrapped some presents today.

More decorations to go up tomorrow and more presents to wrap.

Plus getting the house tidier again in preparation for Dai's mum's visit.  She arrives on Monday

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/18/14 at 3:54 pm

Yikes!  Glad you are ok.  I'll bet the lady was beside herself.  I know I would have been.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/18/14 at 3:57 pm

Sorry to hear about that.  Perhaps the next one will be yours.

Written By: nally on 12/19/14 at 10:57 am

Cat

Glad you're ok, Cat. And it was nice of the woman to check on you afterwards.

Written By: nally on 12/19/14 at 10:58 am

Sorry to hear about that.  Perhaps the next one will be yours.

I just keep tryin'.

In fact, in just a little while I'll be meeting with some guy who has an internship lined up for me; he even spoke with my accounting instructor earlier this week, and he called me on the phone yesterday after I got home. I'm gonna go to his office, meet with him, and sign some paperwork. We'll see how that goes.

Written By: karen on 12/19/14 at 11:19 am

Don't think I mentioned that Elizabeth has had braces fitted to her teeth (are they called that in the US?).

She had the top set fitted a couple of weeks ago without problems.  The bottom set were fitted earlier this week.  So that she doesn't bite them off the orthodontist fitted two blocks behind her front upper teeth.  This means that at the moment her back teeth don't meet together to chew her food properly.  She has been on a slightly restricted diet.  She was told that her teeth would move position and the blocks would not be necessary in time.  Just hoping they move slightly so she can enjoy Christmas dinner

Written By: Howard on 12/19/14 at 1:14 pm

I just keep tryin'.

In fact, in just a little while I'll be meeting with some guy who has an internship lined up for me; he even spoke with my accounting instructor earlier this week, and he called me on the phone yesterday after I got home. I'm gonna go to his office, meet with him, and sign some paperwork. We'll see how that goes.

good luck with that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/19/14 at 1:48 pm

Don't think I mentioned that Elizabeth has had braces fitted to her teeth (are they called that in the US?).

She had the top set fitted a couple of weeks ago without problems.  The bottom set were fitted earlier this week.  So that she doesn't bite them off the orthodontist fitted two blocks behind her front upper teeth.  This means that at the moment her back teeth don't meet together to chew her food properly.  She has been on a slightly restricted diet.  She was told that her teeth would move position and the blocks would not be necessary in time.  Just hoping they move slightly so she can enjoy Christmas dinner

Yup-they are called braces here, too. I had them for 2 & 1/2 years and wore a "genuine tin grin."  ;) :D ;D ;D  I had a teacher who called them "my cage." He would ask me, "When are you getting your cage off?"

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/19/14 at 3:00 pm

Yup-they are called braces here, too. I had them for 2 & 1/2 years and wore a "genuine tin grin."  ;) :D ;D ;D  I had a teacher who called them "my cage." He would ask me, "When are you getting your cage off?"

Cat

I had 'em for 2 1/2 years as well.

Written By: nally on 12/19/14 at 3:01 pm

good luck with that.

Thanks; I talked with the guy for about a couple hours and he showed me what all needs to be worked on. I will start on Monday afternoon and go for approximately four months. (Remember, this is an internship, so it won't be long term or anything.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/19/14 at 4:12 pm

Thanks; I talked with the guy for about a couple hours and he showed me what all needs to be worked on. I will start on Monday afternoon and go for approximately four months. (Remember, this is an internship, so it won't be long term or anything.)

I have to say nally, that I am very impressed as to how you are growing. I can see it through my computer. I am glad to see you taking steps to learn, to improve, and grow.

Keep up the good work.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/19/14 at 6:33 pm

That's terrific!  Glad you are getting experience.

Written By: nally on 12/19/14 at 10:35 pm

I have to say nally, that I am very impressed as to how you are growing. I can see it through my computer. I am glad to see you taking steps to learn, to improve, and grow.

Keep up the good work.

Cat

That's terrific!  Glad you are getting experience.

Thank you both. This accounting certificate is starting to open doors for me, and this internship will help me gain some experience while I continue to search for paid jobs.

Written By: Howard on 12/20/14 at 7:28 am

Thank you both. This accounting certificate is starting to open doors for me, and this internship will help me gain some experience while I continue to search for paid jobs.

So what's the next step after this?

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/14 at 10:47 am

So what's the next step after this?

He's gonna do the internship, gain experience, and continue looking for paid work.

this internship will help me gain some experience while I continue to search for paid jobs.

WTG Jeff!

Written By: nally on 12/20/14 at 10:55 am

He's gonna do the internship, gain experience, and continue looking for paid work.

WTG Jeff!

Precisely.

Thanks Q!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/14 at 11:11 am

Everything we have worked towards for the last 6 months starts today with the arrival of my youngest step-daughter & her two kids. (SIL has been here for about a week already.) I guess it is sort of a moment of truth. Tomorrow the others arrive (the California contingency arrives in January). Then by Monday night, they will all be gone. Tuesday I am not going to do ANYTHING!!!!

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/22/14 at 7:03 pm

So... today was the first day of my internship. Things seemed to go quite well. I entered past transactions into Quickbooks; this was good because it gave me a chance to utilize a skill that I learned earlier this year. There's more to be entered, since this is a long list, so I will resume it tomorrow. Also, the supervisor is going to show me how to do the bank reconciliation.

Written By: snozberries on 12/22/14 at 8:14 pm

So... today was the first day of my internship. Things seemed to go quite well. I entered past transactions into Quickbooks; this was good because it gave me a chance to utilize a skill that I learned earlier this year. There's more to be entered, since this is a long list, so I will resume it tomorrow. Also, the supervisor is going to show me how to do the bank reconciliation.

sounds like this experience is going to look great on your resume!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/23/14 at 1:17 am

Not well, limited Internet access, fed up, and all before Christmas too!

Written By: Howard on 12/23/14 at 3:34 pm

keep up the good work. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/23/14 at 3:35 pm

haven't seen you in a while.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/23/14 at 8:59 pm

Feel better, hopefully your internet access will get straighten up and you have a peaceful Christmas

Written By: nally on 12/23/14 at 10:11 pm

sounds like this experience is going to look great on your resume!

It sure is. I'm putting my newly-acquired skills to good use. And today I used the bank reconciliation feature of Quickbooks and was able to successfully get the books balanced for the period.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/24/14 at 12:42 pm

After taking a day off yesterday and not doin' nuthin', today it is back to work-doing a couple loads of dishes, putting blankets/pillows away-I still need to hit the laundry-several loads of sheets to wash. Sounds like a great way to spend Christmas Eve, huh? Where is my "staff" that I got from my Secret Santa?  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D  Well, Carlos & SIL did help.

Cat

Written By: karen on 12/24/14 at 2:10 pm

Since I may not get on the boards tomorrow

Merry Christmas everyone

Written By: snozberries on 12/24/14 at 2:22 pm

Merry Christmas everyone

I will be at work all day today and tomorrow bored out of my skull....  Merry Christmas right back atcha Karen.... and to the fam!

Merry Christmas or something everyone.... 

Happy Belated Hanukkah

and a Happy Kwanzaa eve-eve to you all....

LoL 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/24/14 at 2:42 pm

Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas to you & your wonderful family.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/24/14 at 3:06 pm

Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas Karen. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/25/14 at 8:40 pm

haven't seen you in a while.
I have not been well.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/25/14 at 8:41 pm

Feel better, hopefully your internet access will get straighten up and you have a peaceful Christmas
Thank you, I am feeling slightly better now.

Written By: nally on 12/25/14 at 10:02 pm

Thank you, I am feeling slightly better now.

That's good to know.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/25/14 at 10:09 pm

That's good to know.
...but the internet is still bad.

Written By: nally on 12/25/14 at 10:17 pm

...but the internet is still bad.

Bummer.

Still, I am glad that you yourself are fine.

Written By: nally on 12/25/14 at 10:25 pm

Anyways, I've had a really great Christmas. Last night (christmas eve) we went to an informal "gathering" at the home of a couple we know; from there we went to the church for the midnight mass. (My parents had to help do the music for that mass, and I came along to be a part of the service.) The service was very well attended; some of the attendees were people I knew who didn't normally attend that church. But I was glad to see them. (This also included one younger gal I'd met about three or four years ago, but kinda forgotten about!) And later this morning, my parents had to help do the music for a daytime (Christmas morning) mass, and I came to that service as well. I also saw some friends. And then we came home, opened our gifts, had our meal (it was just the three of us -- my parents and me -- since this is our first Christmas season without my grandma, who'd been celebrating the holiday with us just about every year).

Written By: Howard on 12/26/14 at 8:45 am

I have not been well.

feeling better yet?

Written By: karen on 12/27/14 at 3:43 am

Snow!

Not much, just enough to confuse the drivers.

I hope it has started thawing, I have to drive my mother in law home

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/27/14 at 5:33 am

feeling better yet?
Thank you asking, in my condition has worsen, going to the doctor on Monday.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/14 at 7:47 am

Snow!

Not much, just enough to confuse the drivers.

I hope it has started thawing, I have to drive my mother in law home

How much snow does England get? ???

Written By: Howard on 12/27/14 at 7:47 am

could it be the flu going around?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/27/14 at 10:12 am

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you get better, soon.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 12/27/14 at 10:29 am

Get well soon!

Written By: Henk on 12/27/14 at 10:35 am

In related news: I think I may have broken a toe on my right foot. Not 100% sure about it, because it doesn't hurt, but it is all black and blue.

Not sure whether to consult a doctor or not. I don't believe there's much he/she can do about it (other than diagnose it). From what I read on the internet I gather all it needs is rest. Unfortunately, that's the one thing it'll most likely NOT get.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/27/14 at 11:07 am

In related news: I think I may have broken a toe on my right foot. Not 100% sure about it, because it doesn't hurt, but it is all black and blue.

Not sure whether to consult a doctor or not. I don't believe there's much he/she can do about it (other than diagnose it). From what I read on the internet I gather all it needs is rest. Unfortunately, that's the one thing it'll most likely NOT get.

Sorry to hear this.

I wonder if I also broke my little toe (on my left foot). I think it was the first week we moved in and I stubbed it on a box. Then a few days later, I stubbed it again-on another box.  ::)  That was over 6 months ago.  It it not black & blue anymore but it is still sore.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/27/14 at 5:27 pm

Hope all that are feeling poorly feel better soon, and those penguins that have sore or miscolored talons, hope they will get back to normal soon.

Had a small breakdown today from all the stressful things that have been going on lately.  Had a good cry and a talk with the hubby, and more or less slept most of the day, and while none of that solves the stress, at least it was a brief respite.  I know that brighter days are on the horizon, a solution to some of the problems will come soon.  So I am kinda just tying a knot in my rope, and hanging on.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/14 at 5:57 pm

feel better Henk and take care of your toe.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/14 at 5:59 pm

Had a small breakdown today from all the stressful things that have been going on lately.  Had a good cry and a talk with the hubby, and more or less slept most of the day, and while none of that solves the stress, at least it was a brief respite.  I know that brighter days are on the horizon, a solution to some of the problems will come soon.  So I am kinda just tying a knot in my rope, and hanging on.

feel better.  :)

Written By: nally on 12/27/14 at 7:08 pm

Hope all that are feeling poorly feel better soon, and those penguins that have sore or miscolored talons, hope they will get back to normal soon.

Hang in there, Patty. You'll pull through it all.. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/27/14 at 9:04 pm

Thanks Howard and Jeffrey and Cat.  :)  Your well wishes mean alot.

Written By: meesa on 12/27/14 at 9:55 pm

I have felt like that not so long ago; hang in there it WILL get better. Take care of yourself!

Written By: karen on 12/28/14 at 10:36 am

The doctor might strap it to the next toe to support it but otherwise there's not much they can do.  As long as it looks straight that is.

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/14 at 5:45 pm

I know it won't help much but LOVE YA PATTY!!!

It's all I got  :-\\

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/28/14 at 9:51 pm

Thanks Karen, Meesa and Q.

Feel somewhat better today, just really really tired (but can't sleep when I lay down, go figure.)

Trying to amuse myself with Facebook games and billions of cat pics (slightly exaggerated.)

Written By: nally on 12/28/14 at 11:40 pm

My grandfather is visiting us today and tomorrow; we will take him home on Tuesday. He is enjoying spending time with us.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/14 at 7:37 am

The good news is it is nothing like Rheumatoid Arthritis I have, it is a severe attack of gout,, one of my knees swelling along with my painful toes. I now on a course of tablets to make things with me, and back on Allopurinol. Gout has been a bugbear of my life for several years I thought I had under control.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/14 at 10:04 am

The good news is it is nothing like Rheumatoid Arthritis I have, it is a severe attack of gout,, one of my knees swelling along with my painful toes. I now on a course of tablets to make things with me, and back on Allopurinol. Gout has been a bugbear of my life for several years I thought I had under control.

I'm glad you went to the doc. Hopefully, you will be on the road to recovery-well, as much as you can be.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 12/29/14 at 2:22 pm

The doctor might strap it to the next toe to support it but otherwise there's not much they can do.  As long as it looks straight that is.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I have been treating it that way the past week myself.

Now that it's been a week since my toe turned black and blue, I think that may be all there is to it: just the black and blue. I can freely move my toe and touch it, so it doesn't appear to be broken after all. Nevertheless, I'm still being cautious.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/14 at 3:00 pm

My Parents have Gout. Hope you feel better.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/14 at 6:09 pm

I'm glad you went to the doc. Hopefully, you will be on the road to recovery-well, as much as you can be.

Cat
Thank you. You could not have said it better, "on the road again" for I could not walk unaided.

My Parents have Gout. Hope you feel better.
Thank you.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/14 at 6:21 pm

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I have been treating it that way the past week myself.

Now that it's been a week since my toe turned black and blue, I think that may be all there is to it: just the black and blue. I can freely move my toe and touch it, so it doesn't appear to be broken after all. Nevertheless, I'm still being cautious.
This is good news, but still rest you toe if you can.

You reminded me of an occasion in the 1990s when I slipped in the shower banging of my toes, that was painful and considered broken, but how I to get to the doctor. I took the 7 iron golf club from the golf bag and used it as a walking stick it was the first time since starting golf that it has ever been useful. I think back then I was prescribed painkillers and rest.BTW, my walking stick was left back home in London.

With my gouty feet and your broken toe, and both of not walking properly, we have something in common.

Written By: Henk on 12/30/14 at 2:12 pm

This is good news, but still rest you toe if you can.

You reminded me of an occasion in the 1990s when I slipped in the shower banging of my toes, that was painful and considered broken, but how I to get to the doctor. I took the 7 iron golf club from the golf bag and used it as a walking stick it was the first time since starting golf that it has ever been useful. I think back then I was prescribed painkillers and rest.BTW, my walking stick was left back home in London.

With my gouty feet and your broken toe, and both of not walking properly, we have something in common.

Still wouldn't want to trade with you, because I think your gout is much more painful than my toe!

Written By: Howard on 12/30/14 at 2:57 pm

Wow, that must've hurt.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/30/14 at 3:22 pm

Still wouldn't want to trade with you, because I think your gout is much more painful than my toe!
Yes you are correct there, at times I cannot even walk on the foot or feet concern and a walking stick is not enough.

Written By: Howard on 12/30/14 at 3:27 pm

Yes you are correct there, at times I cannot even walk on the foot or feet concern and a walking stick is not enough.

So what can you do?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/30/14 at 4:12 pm

So what can you do?
Limp around, or just rest with medication.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/30/14 at 8:03 pm

So what can you do?
My knees are still weak, but I can walk unassisted now.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/30/14 at 8:20 pm

Glad you went to the dr. Hope you feel better soon

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/30/14 at 8:23 pm

Glad you went to the dr. Hope you feel better soon
In truth, it was more than a doctor that attended to me, we saw a specialist at a hospital. Soon I will seen by a consultant.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/30/14 at 10:06 pm

In truth, it was more than a doctor that attended to me, we saw a specialist at a hospital. Soon I will seen by a consultant.

Even better.

I'm guessing that you are back in England again?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/30/14 at 10:12 pm

Even better.

I'm guessing that you are back in England again?
Sorry, you guess was wrong, we are still in the Philippines.

I will not be partying that much tonight.

Written By: nally on 12/30/14 at 10:58 pm

Sorry, you guess was wrong, we are still in the Philippines.

I will not be partying that much tonight.

Stay safe in whatever you do.

Written By: nally on 12/30/14 at 11:00 pm

So anyway, my parents drove my grandfather back home today. When he came over earlier this week, one of his other sons--my uncle--had brought him over, because Grandpa does not like to drive long distances by himself anymore, as he is getting older. However, he very much wanted to see us and spend time with us, which is why he came over for a couple days. He enjoyed being out here. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/30/14 at 11:09 pm

Stay safe in whatever you do.
Thank you.

The public let off fire crackers in the open street, I am staying in

Written By: nally on 12/30/14 at 11:12 pm

Thank you.

The public let off fire crackers in the open street, I am staying in

People seem to do that in the U.S. as well, even though it is technically not legal. Inside is the best place to be.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/30/14 at 11:19 pm

People seem to do that in the U.S. as well, even though it is technically not legal. Inside is the best place to be.
It is the sudden loud bangs I do not like.

Written By: nally on 12/30/14 at 11:20 pm

I'm very sensitive to loud noises like that too.

Written By: nally on 12/30/14 at 11:49 pm

One other thing of note... I went to my internship twice this week (Monday and Tuesday), and was able to make some great accomplishments. I will go back again next Monday (Jan 5th), as the office is closed New Year's Eve and New Year's Day... and on Friday (Jan 2nd) no one will be in the office. I will continue to look for paid jobs while I do this internship.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/30/14 at 11:51 pm

When we were here two years ago, those fire crackers sounded like WW2

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/31/14 at 10:52 am

Since our friends who usually have a New Year's Eve party is not having one this year, we decided to take up the slack. It was about 2-3 weeks ago, Carlos decided to throw the party. We called a bunch of our friends. (Believe it or not-we DO have friends.  ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ) We are expecting about a dozen people or so. Our FIRST party in our beautiful house (I don't count Christmas with the kids). The house smells like the yummy desserts that Carlos is making.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/31/14 at 3:08 pm

Limp around, or just rest with medication.

It's good to take a rest.

Written By: Howard on 12/31/14 at 3:09 pm

watch the ball drop on TV.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/31/14 at 3:24 pm

I hate loud noises, too. At our old house, the woman across the street had a lawn maintenance service. They had one of those mowers that you stand on-the guy seemed to like to use it because it was fun to ride and they would use it almost every week.  It was SOOOO loud it drove me crazy.

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/31/14 at 3:45 pm

watch the ball drop on TV.

Right... and every year it looks like everyone in Times Square is having a great time.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/31/14 at 4:43 pm

Right... and every year it looks like everyone in Times Square is having a great time.

Not a place I would want to spend New Year's. Standing out in the cold all night. Doesn't sound like my idea of fun. My step-father told me that one time he went to Times Square for New Year's. He moved 3 blocks without really moving-if you know what I mean.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/01/15 at 2:52 pm

in the cold weather.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/15 at 2:53 pm

Not a place I would want to spend New Year's. Standing out in the cold all night. Doesn't sound like my idea of fun. My step-father told me that one time he went to Times Square for New Year's. He moved 3 blocks without really moving-if you know what I mean.

Cat

I wouldn't want to be there either.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/01/15 at 6:06 pm

Cat
Not with my back!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/15 at 6:31 pm

Not with my back!

Not with mine, either. I can't stand for any length of time without being in extreme pain. People can always tell when I have reached that point because I start to hunch over.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/01/15 at 7:42 pm

Not with mine, either. I can't stand for any length of time without being in extreme pain. People can always tell when I have reached that point because I start to hunch over.

Cat
I can completely empathise with you, btw I hate standing around when shopping too.

Written By: Howard on 01/02/15 at 8:13 am

Cat

what about bathroom breaks?

Written By: karen on 01/02/15 at 8:58 am

We had a great time over the past few days.  We made our usual trip up to Snowdonia in north Wales to meet up with friends.

We arrived on Monday lunchtime and did a short walk up the Miner's Track on Snowdon (the highest mountain in Wales).  Although it was a nice day the lack of time and the amount of snow and ice around meant we didn't attempt to reach the summit.  there were several patches of sheet ice to negotiate on the lower slopes.

The next day Dai and the kids went up the Glyders and found the Cantilever Stone (a perilously balanced slab of rock).  I didn't fancy that walk so went with some others to walk along the Ogwen valley.  Rather than making it a straight out and back route we climbed up the valley side a little and contoured back some distance before making our way down to the valley floor again.  We had several rock scrambles to negotiate on the way back.

On Wednesday we went to Conwy to walk around the town walls and look around the castle.  It was a very windy day which made it cold when up on the top of the walls.  We drove back to our accommodation via Bettws y Coed - walking gear shop capital of Wales.  We had recently bought James a new fleece jacket and Elizabeth decided she wanted something similar.

We had a great meal for the New Year's Eve dinner and then we sang some carols and played some games until it was time to sing Auld Lang Syne.  Then we went to bed fairly soon after midnight as we had to get up and organise a fell race.

this walking club that we go away with every new year has organised a fell race around Lyn Llydaw for the past 40 years.  James and I were helping with the entries, Dai ran around the route as last starter to sweep up anyone who was having problems and Elizabeth competed in the race for her first time.

The day started off windy but otherwise ok.  However heavy rain set in as the majority of people were still out on the course.  everyone finished in good spirits and all the marshals seemed ok.

We drove home after lunch and went to my eldest brothers house for tea and to catch up with all my family.  We were too tired to enjoy it really.

Today has been spent doing laundry and emptying bags and suitcases.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/02/15 at 1:49 pm

Sounds fun Karen, exhausting, but fun.

Hubby and I got a running car on the road (yay) but it is a standard shifting setup (not an automatic) so only he can drive it.  (boo) He is going to teach me how to drive that type in the next few months.  I'm hoping that it goes smoothly.  The last time I had driving lessons (from my mother about 28 years ago), I was a nervous wreck (and I'm sure she was too.)  ;D

I have a nagging cough that is driving me up a wall.

We went out to our friend's house on New Year's Eve, for their annual party.  Mostly spent the day playing board games and card games.  It was fun.  I did not have the time to prepare any good food, so I stopped at the local grocery and got some snacks at the deli.  (Antipasta salad, an olive mixture, a fruit salad, and a cheese spread made of cheddar, bacon, and horseradish.)  Yum.  The hostess made saurkraut and kielbassa which is a local tradition for good luck, also a Good Luck pretzel (which I did not try) (it was a rather large, cake-like type of pretzel with icing and nuts on it.)  She also made meatballs and pizza puff type things that were gone in an instant. lol

We were so busy talking that we kinda missed the actual marking of the new year.  By the time we got to the t.v., the New York City/Times Square ball had already reached the bottom of the pole.  Oh well.  lol  We all had a toast with our sparkling grape juices, and that was that.  I needed a night out with friends.

My husband and I are going to tagteam sorting and clearing out this apartment.  So I am relieved that I will have help doing it.

James' eye surgery was supposed to be Jan.9th, but since we didn't have a running car, we cancelled it.  Have to make a new appointment soon.

Written By: Howard on 01/02/15 at 3:22 pm

feel better, speaking of coughs My Father has had some minor coughs (mostly bronchitis from 30 years ago when he stopped smoking for good.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/02/15 at 6:23 pm

I hope your cough gets better soon.

Check for new replies or respond here...