inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did anyone know we are all actually 9 months older?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/26/14 at 12:46 am

Although your birthday age is true, you are actually older than you think. If you add the 9 months you were in your mom's stomach to your birthday age, then you will receive your actual age.

For instance, if one were born in January 1991 which makes him/her 23 years old, that means the person was conceived in April 1990; therefore the individual has existed for 24 years unless he/she were born early/late.

Subject: Re: Did anyone know we are all actually 9 months older?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/26/14 at 12:59 am

You are much older than you think add 9 months. Add your mothers age at your birth then 9 months. Then your grandmother's age at the birth of your mother, then 9 months.

This is because a woman is born with all the eggs in her ovaries that she will ever need in her life. In fact she has more than she will ever use in her lifetime. So she has them whilst she is in her mother's womb also.  So, so far we have her current age/age upon death + 9 months if she is full-term.  Your grandmother is also the same with having all of those eggs before her own birth plus the nine months she is in the womb, one of those eggs will be your mother. So add your grandmother's current age / death age + 9 months plus your mother's current age / age upon death +9 months. Then add your current age to + months. That is how old you really are.

The age you thought you were is only your age since birth. Creepy?

Also, the Chinese consider a child to be a year old at birth as they include the time in the womb.

Written By: seamermar on 12/26/14 at 4:36 am

I'll try to persuade the gpvernment about that point, hopign they retired me a year before expected to. ;)

Thanks Philip Eno. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/26/14 at 4:50 am

I'll try to persuade the gpvernment about that point, hopign they retired me a year before expected to. ;)

Thanks Philip Eno. ;)

No problem, all good ideas come from inspired moments.

I'll give a go too when I get back home.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/26/14 at 8:01 am

You are much older than you think add 9 months. Add your mothers age at your birth then 9 months. Then your grandmother's age at the birth of your mother, then 9 months.

This is because a woman is born with all the eggs in her ovaries that she will ever need in her life. In fact she has more than she will ever use in her lifetime. So she has them whilst she is in her mother's womb also.  So, so far we have her current age/age upon death + 9 months if she is full-term.  Your grandmother is also the same with having all of those eggs before her own birth plus the nine months she is in the womb, one of those eggs will be your mother. So add your grandmother's current age / death age + 9 months plus your mother's current age / age upon death +9 months. Then add your current age to + months. That is how old you really are.

The age you thought you were is only your age since birth. Creepy?

Also, the Chinese consider a child to be a year old at birth as they include the time in the womb.
Yes they do since 9 months is close to a year.

Written By: Howard on 12/26/14 at 8:42 am

Although your birthday age is true, you are actually older than you think. If you add the 9 months you were in your mom's stomach to your birthday age, then you will receive your actual age.

For instance, if one were born in January 1991 which makes him/her 23 years old, that means the person was conceived in April 1990; therefore the individual has existed for 24 years unless he/she were born early/late.

So how old would that make me? 41? ???

Written By: snozberries on 12/26/14 at 9:42 am

::)

I don't know...i'm one of those people who think a baby isn't alive until it can sustain life on it's own.... an embryo can't live outside the womb but a fetus after a certain stage of development can... basically I think I we are all about 3 months older than we are and premies are a few months younger---since they still need basic life support to survive.  you ain't living until you're breathing...  :P

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/26/14 at 11:27 am

So how old would that make me? 41? ???
Yes, but only if you were born right on time after the 9 months of conception. If you were born early or late, then your conception would have been after 8 months or a little over 9 months.

Written By: Howard on 12/26/14 at 2:03 pm

Yes, but only if you were born right on time after the 9 months of conception. If you were born early or late, then your conception would have been after 8 months or a little over 9 months.

My Mother keeps telling me that I was almost born in the car. I don't remember if I was born early or late.

Written By: snozberries on 12/26/14 at 2:27 pm

My Mother keeps telling me that I was almost born in the car. I don't remember if I was born early or late.

were you consummated in the car too???  :D

Written By: 80sfan on 12/26/14 at 2:53 pm

Vietnamese culture believes in this. I'm 26 but I'm 27 in Vietnamese culture. Good morning, Vietnam!  :D :D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/26/14 at 8:05 pm

Vietnamese culture believes in this. I'm 26 but I'm 27 in Vietnamese culture. Good morning, Vietnam!  :D :D
That makes me 22 in Asian culture although I'm 21

Written By: 80sfan on 12/26/14 at 11:15 pm

That makes me 22 in Asian culture although I'm 21

Just add nine months. Are you 22 yet??  :)

I don't know about Chinese, Korean, or Japanese cultures, but just Vietnamese.

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 12/26/14 at 11:49 pm

I remember reading in Korean culture, you're considered 1 year old at birth and then everyone adds a year to their age on New Year's Day regardless of the month and day they were actually born. So a baby born on December 31 would turn 2 the day after it was born!

Written By: Howard on 12/27/14 at 7:51 am

No, My Father was in a rush to drive my Mother to the hospital, her water almost broke.  :o

Written By: Howard on 12/27/14 at 7:51 am

;D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/27/14 at 10:33 am

Yes I am since my birthday was in September which means I was conceived in December. Although my birthday age is 21, I have actually existed for 22 years. As for the Chinese, they also go by the one year at birth.

Written By: KatanaChick on 12/30/14 at 4:24 am

Going by that logic I'd be 30 already.  :-\\

::)

I don't know...i'm one of those people who think a baby isn't alive until it can sustain life on it's own.... an embryo can't live outside the womb but a fetus after a certain stage of development can... basically I think I we are all about 3 months older than we are and premies are a few months younger---since they still need basic life support to survive.  you ain't living until you're breathing...  :P

IMO an embryo is something that's becomming human, but isn't yet. I was premature, but I forgot by how much. I was healthy though and only in an incubator probably just incase. I wasn't hooked up to a bunch of equipment or anything. IMO a person actually being born, early or not, makes them the first day old. The thing I also find a little annoying is when people say x amount of months when a kid is over a year or even two years.

Conceived you mean?  ;D Couldn't make it past the driveway for either occasion? :o  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/30/14 at 2:59 pm

Conceived you mean?  ;D Couldn't make it past the driveway for either occasion?

I was in a rush to come out.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...