inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: German woman aged 65 has quadruplets

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/23/15 at 11:25 am

A 65-year-old German woman has given birth to quadruplets after undergoing an artificial insemination procedure, Germany's RTL television reports.

It says Annegret Raunigk had three boys and a girl by Caesarean section at a Berlin hospital on Tuesday.

They were born prematurely at 26 weeks but have a "good chance of surviving".

Annegret Raunigk - who already has 13 children and seven grandchildren - is the world's oldest woman to have quadruplets.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32857398

Subject: Re: German woman aged 65 has quadruplets

Written By: Redhairkid on 05/31/15 at 5:49 pm

This is wrong on every level, Philip. Especially as she already had more than enough children.

I don't believe in IVF and similar anyway. Motherhood is a privilege not a right.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/31/15 at 7:20 pm

I don't mind IVF, but I think a parent has to take into context their age and the needs of a child in context to your own.
My mother was considered an old mother having me at 35. Think about it, the average life expectancy of a woman is about 78...so she might leave her kids when they're only 13! That's not fair. And there's no saying how her health may or may not fail her as she ages. Health does typically fail as one reaches the end of the spectrum.

I wouldn't do that to my children.  :o I...I couldn't. I want to enjoy my kids, I want my kids to remember me young and pretty and healthy. Not babysitting ME.

Written By: Redhairkid on 06/01/15 at 6:43 am

Well put, Appollonia.

Check for new replies or respond here...