inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you have a type?

Written By: 80sfan on 07/05/15 at 9:16 pm

Do you have a type when it comes to dating?

Subject: Re: Do you have a type?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/15 at 11:28 pm

I always put on a brave font.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/05/15 at 11:43 pm

I always put on a brave font.

I think I like the New York font. I might use it for typing my next college paper.  :o

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/06/15 at 2:11 am

I like a good bold comic sans myself...gotta be able to make me laugh.   ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 07/06/15 at 8:21 am

I like a good bold comic sans myself...gotta be able to make me laugh.   ;D

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/06/15 at 9:28 am

I actually like Duchess.

http://www.hobartsprinting.com/images/fonts/script/display/duchess.gif

For some reason, I had it on my computer than I didn't so I had to download it. I like it so much that is what I did my book in.

(I guess we are answering the wrong question.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D )

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/06/15 at 3:32 pm

Do you have a type when it comes to dating?

No I don't have a type.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/06/15 at 5:18 pm

I actually like Duchess.

http://www.hobartsprinting.com/images/fonts/script/display/duchess.gif

For some reason, I had it on my computer than I didn't so I had to download it. I like it so much that is what I did my book in.

(I guess we are answering the wrong question.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D )

Cat

Download it!

https://justaddtea.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/harwell-witch-computer-old-640x487.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 07/06/15 at 5:20 pm

No I don't have a type.

One of my types is Indian men!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/87/63/e2/8763e2345206d206e2cd4e2d59f9b928.jpg

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/06/15 at 5:48 pm

It can be a woman of any race!! 5'2-5'5 height! She needs to be funny, cool, and even a little bit tough!! ;D

Written By: meesa on 07/06/15 at 10:07 pm

No type, but they definitely have to have a good sense of humor, empathy for others, enjoy being silly, finding (and appreciating) the ridiculousness in everyday things, and be witty. And be able to withstand heavy sarcasm. Doesn't hurt if they are a Marvel fan.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/06/15 at 10:35 pm

It can be a woman of any race!! 5'2-5'5 height! She needs to be funny, cool, and even a little bit tough!! ;D

For some reason, I like your type, and I'm not straight.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 07/06/15 at 10:37 pm

No type, but they definitely have to have a good sense of humor, empathy for others, enjoy being silly, finding (and appreciating) the ridiculousness in everyday things, and be witty. And be able to withstand heavy sarcasm. Doesn't hurt if they are a Marvel fan.

Funny AND empathetic! That's a balance that's hard for a lot of people to find.  :o

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/07/15 at 12:54 am

You're a DC fan? ???  Anyways I'm a fan of both!! :)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/07/15 at 12:55 am

If she is in to either anime, gaming, or comics, I'll be completely in love!

Written By: 80sfan on 07/07/15 at 1:48 am

Honestly though, I'm open and leave a door open for a lot of things. Love is too unpredictable.

But personality traits for a dude, for me is.

-Has a sense of humor.
-Intelligent
-Kind (this seems to be a very underrated trait in my family gene pool).
-Not too stuffy/conservative

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/07/15 at 2:43 am

Well... primarily I prefer breathing.  ;D 

Honestly though, I'm open and leave a door open for a lot of things. Love is too unpredictable.

-Has a sense of humor.
-Intelligent

You just described my husband.  And I adore him.  :-* :-*  So yeah, what he said.  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/07/15 at 2:55 am

As for type/print  :D :D

I'm drawn to something called Apple Chancery. It's fancy but not *too* fancy.

http://stylegerms.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/deanFonts2HR.gif

Written By: 80sfan on 07/07/15 at 9:00 am

Computer overload! Computer overload!

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/890549-006-smoke-coming-out-of-computer-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=xAwKLC4%2B2J0Ak111%2FjTjMyTI8imVsYXT6w3JvqRN%2BxaHAfwMmpsKe0azb3fSyXVv

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/07/15 at 10:59 am

Computer overload! Computer overload!

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/890549-006-smoke-coming-out-of-computer-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=xAwKLC4%2B2J0Ak111%2FjTjMyTI8imVsYXT6w3JvqRN%2BxaHAfwMmpsKe0azb3fSyXVv
Overload indeed, the image is not showing!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/07/15 at 2:41 pm

I like the Apple Chancery too along with the Old English Text.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/07/15 at 3:11 pm

One of my types is Indian men!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/87/63/e2/8763e2345206d206e2cd4e2d59f9b928.jpg

Do you like them wearing turbans?  ???

Written By: Howard on 07/07/15 at 3:12 pm

I like when they're taller than me sometimes.

Written By: Howard on 07/07/15 at 3:13 pm

-Has a sense of humor.
-Intelligent

That would be my type.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/07/15 at 8:07 pm

Overload indeed, the image is not showing!

Oh no.  :-[  :-[

Written By: 80sfan on 07/07/15 at 8:07 pm

Do you like them wearing turbans?  ???

Doesn't matter to me.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/07/15 at 8:08 pm

That would be my type.

Except for you, it would be a woman!  :D  :D

Written By: meesa on 07/07/15 at 8:18 pm

You're a DC fan? ???  Anyways I'm a fan of both!! :)

Marvel. That is what I meant anyway. DC is ok, but I love the Marvel sense of humor (Deadpool for example). DC can take itself a bit too seriously for me sometimes.

Written By: Howard on 07/08/15 at 7:55 am

Except for you, it would be a woman!  :D  :D

Yes indeed.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/11/15 at 7:09 pm

In order to date me you have to meet three criteria.

1.  Show respect towards your mother.  Nothing's a bigger turn off for me than a guy who is kind when he's with his mother and then shows outright disrespect towards his mother when he's with me.  To me that's a clue that if a  guy doesn't respect his mother then he wasn't taught how to respect women in general.

2.  Don't flash your wallet at me.  I don't give a s--t how money you make at whatever your 9-5 job.  If you feel the need to flash your wallet at me that shows me that you're the most insecure @$$hole there ever was.  I'm not looking for a rich man but I'm also not looking for a man who's insecure.

3.  Be polite.  I don't expect you to say "yes dear" but I do expect you not to make rude noises, burping, and cutting one loose etc, while we're in public.

Written By: Katluver on 07/11/15 at 10:15 pm

1.  Show respect towards your mother.  Nothing's a bigger turn off for me than a guy who is kind when he's with his mother and then shows outright disrespect towards his mother when he's with me.  To me that's a clue that if a  guy doesn't respect his mother then he wasn't taught how to respect women in general.

2.  Don't flash your wallet at me.  I don't give a s--t how money you make at whatever your 9-5 job.  If you feel the need to flash your wallet at me that shows me that you're the most insecure @$$hole there ever was.  I'm not looking for a rich man but I'm also not looking for a man who's insecure.

3.  Be polite.  I don't expect you to say "yes dear" but I do expect you not to make rude noises, burping, and cutting one loose etc, while we're in public.

OMG, you just described my ex with #1 and 2.  I can see those as being red flags, which I had chosen to ignore until it blew up in my face.  He was rude to his mother, and even walked out of a brunch she was hosting because he did not like the fact that she was leaving the milk on the counter while she was cooking (that behavior bothered me but then I quickly brushed it aside by telling myself that nobody's perfect). With #2, he voluntarily brought up his salary, and seemed obsessed with money.  The irony is that he wasted money by buying a book about a millionaire's mind.
#3---Another ex would make some rude remarks while we were out in public. He would say things like how we were the youngest people at a restaurant *repeatedly* right within earshot of the other diners.  And  once when we were in a movie theatre, he decided to shout out some remark for the rest of the audience to hear  :-[  It was rather embarrassing so I tried to gently shush him, but instead he said out loud, "Julie!"

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/11/15 at 11:35 pm

OMG, you just described my ex with #1 and 2.  I can see those as being red flags, which I had chosen to ignore until it blew up in my face.  He was rude to his mother, and even walked out of a brunch she was hosting because he did not like the fact that she was leaving the milk on the counter while she was cooking (that behavior bothered me but then I quickly brushed it aside by telling myself that nobody's perfect). With #2, he voluntarily brought up his salary, and seemed obsessed with money.  The irony is that he wasted money by buying a book about a millionaire's mind.
#3---Another ex would make some rude remarks while we were out in public. He would say things like how we were the youngest people at a restaurant *repeatedly* right within earshot of the other diners.  And  once when we were in a movie theatre, he decided to shout out some remark for the rest of the audience to hear  :-[  It was rather embarrassing so I tried to gently shush him, but instead he said out loud, "Julie!"

I hate it when guys do that to their mothers.  It shows that they don't respect women.  I have far more respect for a guy who loves, but doesn't kiss up to, his mother.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/15 at 10:52 am

I know what you mean about seeing the red flags and choosing to ignore them. Been there, done that. That is how I ended up married to my first husband. However, he wasn't rude to his mother-in fact, he was a Mama's boy and his mother could do no wrong and many times he sided with his mother over me. I felt like I was battling the two of them. I used to say that he should have married his mother.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/12/15 at 3:18 pm

Don't worry, I would make a good boyfriend. (for example)

Written By: Redhairkid on 07/20/15 at 7:16 am

I don't date and never have (not into dating and mating) but if I did, he would have to have dark hair, be intelligent, have a mad sense of humour, share my political views and have exceedingly high moral standards. As far as looks go, anyone who looks like my avatar (at any time in his adult life) would get my vote!

Written By: 80sfan on 07/20/15 at 6:01 pm

I don't date and never have (not into dating and mating) but if I did, he would have to have dark hair, be intelligent, have a mad sense of humour, share my political views and have exceedingly high moral standards. As far as looks go, anyone who looks like my avatar (at any time in his adult life) would get my vote!

Interesting.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/20/15 at 6:04 pm

Someone NOT bossy or controlling. I know that some people like that in a man, and I can see why. But I have issues from past experiences with bossy people, so controlling is a no no.

It could be it's the person's natural personality or they have issues themselves, but I have too many problems with it.  :(

Written By: 80sfan on 07/20/15 at 6:05 pm

Don't worry, I would make a good boyfriend. (for example)

Time to get a new girlfriend, Howard.  8)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/20/15 at 10:34 pm

Someone NOT bossy or controlling. I know that some people like that in a man, and I can see why. But I have issues from past experiences with bossy people, so controlling is a no no.

It could be it's the person's natural personality or they have issues themselves, but I have too many problems with it.  :(

I don't like that either.  It's just because my dad tried to do that to my mom.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/20/15 at 11:12 pm

I want someone to take care of. I want to do the traditional gender roles. BF/Hubby works, I stay home and tend the kid(s), and write stories in my spare time. Go to PTA, and Girl Scouts and Pageants and the whole family goes to church on Sunday.

A nice sweet, (handsome) Christian man with strong values and who can tolerate my liking MJ because I'm unbending on that. Someone intelligent who I can have deep conversations with and thoughtful and kind.  :)

Sometimes I don't feel worthy of such a guy, but it is nice to dream.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/21/15 at 12:39 am

I don't like that either.  It's just because my dad tried to do that to my mom.

Oh!  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 07/21/15 at 12:44 am

I want someone to take care of. I want to do the traditional gender roles. BF/Hubby works, I stay home and tend the kid(s), and write stories in my spare time. Go to PTA, and Girl Scouts and Pageants and the whole family goes to church on Sunday.

A nice sweet, (handsome) Christian man with strong values and who can tolerate my liking MJ because I'm unbending on that. Someone intelligent who I can have deep conversations with and thoughtful and kind.  :)

Sometimes I don't feel worthy of such a guy, but it is nice to dream.

Honestly though, I wouldn't really pay attention to someone's music collection, unless I'm a huge music fan, and music was my life or something.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/21/15 at 1:06 am

I also want someone who's not on the fence about having kids if they want to have kids.  :(

Written By: Redhairkid on 07/21/15 at 6:07 am

Interesting.

I'm asexual.

Written By: Howard on 07/21/15 at 2:11 pm

Time to get a new girlfriend, Howard.  8)

I'm not into dating at the moment and it's been 7 years since my last one.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/21/15 at 3:00 pm

Also someone who doesn't mind that I listen to Platinum Blonde.  Because I heard a story about how Mark and the band were in Halifax in Nova Scotia and he was becoming "friendly" with a female patron.  And this patron's boyfriend threw a beer bottle at Mark and hit Mark right in the side of his head.  LOL!

Written By: Step-chan on 08/12/15 at 3:25 pm

Don't really have a specific type persay. Outside of wanting a woman who doesn't smoke and do drugs(rare occasions of drinking is okay), that is.

Written By: nally on 01/31/16 at 5:57 pm

Don't really have a specific type persay. Outside of wanting a woman who doesn't smoke and do drugs(rare occasions of drinking is okay), that is.

Those are the kind of qualifications I prefer too. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 03/11/16 at 1:39 am

Right now, Ryan Reynolds is my type.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/11/16 at 1:41 am

Haley Atwell is my current superhero type! :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D

Written By: 80sfan on 03/11/16 at 1:59 am

http://fullhdpictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Hayley-Atwell-Photos-HD.jpg

Written By: Howard on 03/11/16 at 8:05 am

http://images.askmen.com/specials/2015_top_99/full/1104228.jpg
Ashley Graham  ;)

Written By: Ripley on 03/11/16 at 10:27 am

Through the years...

Age 10 - 13
The Surfer type. Blonde curtain or shaggy hair. Nick Carter, Devon Sawa, Leo DiCaprio

Age 14 - 23
The Rocker type. Musician. Jay Gordon, Brandon Boyd

Age 24 - 28
The Model type. Tall and sexy. Johann Urb, Paul Walker

Age 29 - Present
The Goth/Metal type. Guy liner, black nails, black clothes and pale skin. Jay Gordon, Jeordie White

In general though, here are some current preferences:
Eye Color: Blue or Hazel
Hair Color: Dark Brown or Black
Height: 6' +
Body: Skinny or slim. He can not be musely or fat. And I can say the later cause I'm overweight myself.
Tatoos: A few are nice but not necessary.
Piercings: So sexy. A major plus for me.
Facial Hair: Generally I go for baby face but a goatee or thin beard are okay. I don't like when they have just a mustache. 

Written By: 80sfan on 03/11/16 at 1:44 pm

http://cdn-img.instyle.com/sites/default/files/styles/684xflex/public/1442427856/091615-ryan-reynolds-mos-lead.jpg?itok=RxE5OpFC

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/11/16 at 9:14 pm

I'd prefer someone who is built like Taryll Jackson. I like bigger stronger looking men. And I want to cook and feed my man so a body like that makes me believe the guy likes good hearty (southern) food. Like he doesn't HAVE to be light-skinned with hazel eyes, but the build is attractive to me. (he's got so much booty!)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/fc/4a/ff/fc4affec786a4a6fd9228512b42628ac.jpg

Funny thing is he thinks he's "fat" and "overweight" and constantly breaking his ass dieting. Even when he was much skinnier 20 years ago he said in an interview he was fat and the host looked at him like he was crazy. Where I live even at his biggest he'd be considered "skinny" and people would be throwing food at him. LOL.  But yeah, I like them thicker.  ::)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/11/16 at 9:57 pm

http://goodlifemississauga.com/112-gl-2012/platinum_04.jpg

I don't mind an older man like Sergio Galli.  I'm just crazy about him.  ;D I mean I went to Markham to see Platinum Blonde and I sang my ass off.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/12/16 at 1:53 am

http://fullhdpictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Hayley-Atwell-Photos-HD.jpg

Yes Baby!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The curves on that woman make me go crazy! :D

Written By: 80sfan on 03/12/16 at 2:32 am

;D

Written By: Howard on 03/12/16 at 7:35 am

I bet you'd like plus-size woman Ashley Graham.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/13/16 at 1:23 am

I bet you'd like plus-size woman Ashley Graham.

I prefer Denise Bidot! :D 8)
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/OK+Magazine+Sexy+NYC+Event+EV3UZ3e2oCxl.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 03/13/16 at 11:10 pm

https://lettherebemovies.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/val-kilmer-batman-wb.jpg

Val Kilmer in 1995's Batman Forever.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/13/16 at 11:16 pm

Totally unrelated, but I injured myself on a pointy-headed Batman figure after that film came out. LOL

Written By: 80sfan on 03/13/16 at 11:20 pm

Totally unrelated, but I injured myself on a pointy-headed Batman figure after that film came out. LOL

Oh, ow. The point ears?

Written By: Ripley on 03/13/16 at 11:54 pm

How did that happen? :P

Check for new replies or respond here...