inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: BOO!!! Whacha doing in October 2015???

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/15 at 12:25 pm

Hola.  It will be October tomorrow and, unless I missed it there is no thread yet...

I have a comedy show on the 9th

A yard sale on the 10th

A fun Buffy weekend:
A play on the 16th with an actress who was in two eps of Buffy
A vamp documentary is panel on the 17th for a film directed by Juliet landau (Drusilla on Buffy & Angel)
A dr horrible sing along blog sing along featuring an appearance by my master Joss Whedon!

And I work all Halloween week because it's busy for us!!!

Subject: Re: BOO!!! Whacha doing in October 2015???

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/15 at 12:27 pm

Our buddy Dj Midas has a show coming up this weekend.

It's October 3rd 10pm - 1am

80s Dance party! Whoo hoo. If history repeat itself bobo will probably show up in the comments feed.

http://www.renegaderetro.com

Written By: Howard on 09/30/15 at 1:57 pm

very soon Pathmark will be making the transition to Stop N Shop in just a couple of weeks.

Written By: nally on 09/30/15 at 10:20 pm

Gonna hopefully get more proficient at my job duties.

Written By: snozberries on 10/01/15 at 2:00 am

very soon Pathmark will be making the transition to Stop N Shop in just a couple of weeks.

Do you get to keep your job?

Written By: snozberries on 10/01/15 at 2:00 am

How are you liking it?

Written By: Howard on 10/01/15 at 7:54 am

Do you get to keep your job?

Yes, well most of us do I know I will be keeping my job, just under a different name and wearing different outfits.

Written By: karen on 10/01/15 at 1:38 pm

Yes, well most of us do I know I will be keeping my job, just under a different name and wearing different outfits.

What will your new name be? Snookums?

Written By: 80sfan on 10/01/15 at 1:55 pm

I'm sure you will!  :)

Written By: Redhairkid on 10/01/15 at 2:05 pm

I have 2 medical appointments in October.

Written By: Howard on 10/01/15 at 3:24 pm

No, it will still be Howard.

Written By: nally on 10/01/15 at 8:33 pm

How are you liking it?

It's kinda stressful in some cases, but it is also giving me some more skills, as well as developing skills that I already have.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/01/15 at 8:54 pm

I could swear the topic subject would have read, BOOM CLAP no sound in my heart the beat goes on and on and on and on on, hahahalol!

Written By: snozberries on 10/01/15 at 11:15 pm

Oh good. O0

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/15 at 4:02 am

Over the past few, an age degenerated condition has developed in my eyes, so now I will have to be online less often. I cannot stare at a computer screen for a time, and that includes a television screen, so I will have to watch less films too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/15 at 4:27 am

Over the past few, an age degenerated condition has developed in my eyes, so now I will have to be online less often. I cannot stare at a computer screen for a time, and that includes a television screen, so I will have to watch less films too.
Being on the tablet is better for my eyes.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/15 at 7:40 am

Oh good. O0

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm pretty sure the outfit will be green.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/15 at 7:40 am

Could it be glaucoma? ???

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/02/15 at 8:19 am

Oh no!  My husband has something similar called Occular Dystrophy.

Hopefully yours won't develop into something very painful.

Your posts will be missed  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/15 at 9:37 am

Could it be glaucoma? ???
Not that, I have been tested for that, I do not have that.

Oh no!  My husband has something similar called Occular Dystrophy.

Hopefully yours won't develop into something very painful.

Your posts will be missed  :\'(
Hopefully nothing like that.

I have floaters in my eyes, which comes with age, and is connected to my myopia.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/02/15 at 11:20 am

Sorry to hear that. Being legally blind, I can relate. I usually have the font on my browser set higher than normal. Maybe that will help you, too.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/15 at 11:55 am

That really sux Phillip!  :\'(

I hope things progress and you can resume your film watching and rigorous posting.

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/15 at 11:56 am

I'm pretty sure the outfit will be green.

Like a leprechaun  ;D

Written By: Howard on 10/02/15 at 2:42 pm

I have floaters in my eyes, which comes with age, and is connected to my myopia.

I guess maybe you should relax your eyes and take a small break, come back when you're good and ready. :)

Written By: Howard on 10/02/15 at 2:44 pm

Like a leprechaun  ;D

Yes you could say that. I also will have to change the Pathmark signature to Stop N Shop soon.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/02/15 at 3:45 pm

Yes you could say that. I also will have to change the Pathmark signature to Stop N Shop soon.

I hope your employer (whether it be Pathmark or Stop N Shop) know that you are a very loyal employee.

Cat

Written By: karen on 10/03/15 at 3:37 am

Boo, that sucks.  Can they do anything to improve things?  I know it's not the same thing but my dad hardly needs his reading glasses since he had his cataract removed

Written By: karen on 10/03/15 at 3:39 am

Finally the building work is set to start on our garage. At least the guy is fairly certain he'll get the final bit of permission through in time  ::)

It's only been 3 months or so

Written By: Howard on 10/03/15 at 7:38 am

I hope your employer (whether it be Pathmark or Stop N Shop) know that you are a very loyal employee.

Cat

I try to be, I know I'm a hard worker, I dress casually well and I'm a yes man.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/15 at 10:19 am

I try to be, I know I'm a hard worker, I dress casually well and I'm a yes man.

I know you try to be. I just hope your employer appreciates that you are a hard worker.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/03/15 at 4:51 pm

That's a bummer, Philip; just take it easy and don't stress your eyes too much. We'll miss ya!

Written By: Howard on 10/03/15 at 6:00 pm

I know you try to be. I just hope your employer appreciates that you are a hard worker.

Cat

The employer now John who is a store manager at Pathmark, I like him but he just gets too aggravated over things.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/03/15 at 9:24 pm

The only standing date I got going is on the 25th  to go see the The English and Spanish versions of Bela Lugosi's Dracula.

And I'm beating the mess out of myself to finish the chapter of my story (where the same film debuts at a new theatre in 1931) before I actually go see it! LMAO .

Written By: 80sfan on 10/03/15 at 9:28 pm

I love movies from the 1930s.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/04/15 at 2:51 am

I could swear the topic subject would have read, BOOM CLAP no sound in my heart the beat goes on and on and on and on on, hahahalol!

Thank you!  I went from having this song stuck in my head because of the Red Supermoon eclipse extravaganza:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3s99FNXzI

to having your song on repeat in my brain. Well at least it's a new song.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOPMlIIg_38

Written By: Howard on 10/05/15 at 3:06 pm

Tomorrow I have an orientation for the new Stop N Shop that will open up after next month.

disregard that, it was an interview, Friday is the orientation and it will be about close to 5 hours.

Written By: snozberries on 10/05/15 at 3:19 pm

disregard that, it was an interview, Friday is the orientation and it will be about close to 5 hours.

How did the interview go???

Written By: Howard on 10/05/15 at 3:31 pm

How did the interview go???

It was good, I was a bit nervous at the beginning, the front end manager Nidia who is a sweet woman was there for assistance and helped me throughout the interview.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/05/15 at 6:47 pm

So, earlier today my mother was taken to the Emergency room. She had injured her chest with a chair. Thankfully she is fine now and doing better. It was a long day, but I managed to go through.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

Written By: snozberries on 10/05/15 at 8:54 pm

So, earlier today my mother was taken to the Emergency room. She had injured her chest with a chair. Thankfully she is fine now and doing better. It was a long day, but I managed to go through.

glad she's doing better

Written By: snozberries on 10/05/15 at 8:54 pm

It was good, I was a bit nervous at the beginning, the front end manager Nidia who is a sweet woman was there for assistance and helped me throughout the interview.

That's awesome Howard!

Written By: nally on 10/05/15 at 9:59 pm

Sorry to hear of your mom's accident; glad she has improved. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 10/06/15 at 7:27 am

glad she's doing better

Sorry to hear of your mom's accident; glad she has improved. :)

Her chest is still sore, but she is doing much better than yesterday thankfully!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/06/15 at 10:11 am

Glad she doing ok.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/06/15 at 2:54 pm

Hope your Mother is doing ok.

Written By: Howard on 10/06/15 at 2:55 pm

That's awesome Howard!

the front end manager said that it's mandatory for someone to be there at the orientation, Why is everything mandatory these days?

Written By: snozberries on 10/06/15 at 3:52 pm

the front end manager said that it's mandatory for someone to be there at the orientation, Why is everything mandatory these days?

that is because they want to make sure all the employees get the information.  Also  all questions can be answered and all the expectations can be laid out!

Ever play the game telephone...  one person says Ronny has a brown rabbit.  The last person may say Bonnie hates Crown Royal.  It works in life... if you only have some people at a meeting the ones who missed may get bad information from the people who were there because they heard something wrong or didn't fully understand what what was being said.

Written By: nally on 10/06/15 at 8:01 pm

Her chest is still sore, but she is doing much better than yesterday thankfully!

good to know!

Written By: 80sfan on 10/07/15 at 12:59 am

I will be going to a psychologists starting in November to see if I have autism/Asperger's, or not.

I want to get down to the truth. I already believe that I have mostly anxiety along with light depression. It wouldn't surprise me if I have both a mental illness and autism.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/07/15 at 4:02 am

Glad she is doing better!

Written By: violet_shy on 10/07/15 at 7:37 am

Feeling really emotional today. Nothing happened to me, I just feel that way. Everything is going well but I guess it's just one of those days. I need to paint more!

Written By: 80sfan on 10/07/15 at 10:16 am

Feeling really emotional today. Nothing happened to me, I just feel that way. Everything is going well but I guess it's just one of those days. I need to paint more!

I know what you mean, sometimes I have one of those days where I just feel 'off'.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/07/15 at 10:56 am

I have those all the time. For me, it is called being hormonal.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/07/15 at 10:59 am

Phone rang. Usually I let Carlos answer it but since he was in the library and couldn't hear it, I got it. I noticed it was his doctor. I thought, "Uh oh. What's wrong?" I'm thinking the worst-tests came back with bad news, etc. etc. BOY WAS I WRONG (which I am very glad to be wrong this case).

He asked if we were free this Saturday and is inviting us to his house for baby back ribs. YUM. Those are the kind of phone calls I like to get.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/07/15 at 3:12 pm

that is because they want to make sure all the employees get the information.  Also  all questions can be answered and all the expectations can be laid out!

They want My Father to be there so he can help me fill out some papers and bank stuff.

Written By: Howard on 10/07/15 at 3:14 pm

I will be going to a psychologists starting in November to see if I have autism/Asperger's, or not.

I want to get down to the truth. I already believe that I have mostly anxiety along with light depression. It wouldn't surprise me if I have both a mental illness and autism.

How long is your sessions?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/07/15 at 6:06 pm

I'm so excited I could just SCREAM.  I was running errands with my friend Ebonie today and she happened to mention how we were planning to go see "Dracula" at Tinseltown at the end of the month. She said that the historic theatre in town--The Jefferson Theatre, which I just thought was for pretty downtown and not being used--would be screening horror films each Friday.

So now, I'll get to go see Psycho, Silence of the Lambs and The Shining! I only hope I get home in time to see my Jacksons, but I'm very excited about the theatre.
It's one of the old movie palaces and the interior is just GORGEOUS! Never thought I'd see something this beautiful!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/64/Jefferson_Theatre_Auditorium_Beaumont%2C_from_Balcony.jpg/800px-Jefferson_Theatre_Auditorium_Beaumont%2C_from_Balcony.jpg

I'LL BE THERE ON FRIDAY!!!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/15 at 6:46 pm

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/64/Jefferson_Theatre_Auditorium_Beaumont%2C_from_Balcony.jpg/800px-Jefferson_Theatre_Auditorium_Beaumont%2C_from_Balcony.jpg

that looks beautiful

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/15 at 7:08 pm

http://sbtos.com/IMG_8959_HDR_11x18_Tom%20Ginn_ps2_sm.jpg  http://www.scottlondon.com/photo/sbiff/images/SBIFF_006.jpg

this is a pic from the inside of the Arlington Theater... I know it looks like it's a courtyard in a neighborhood but it's not it's a regular theater....

here's the outside....

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3345/3406807037_5a0d3ebd3b.jpg  http://www.scottlondon.com/photo/sbiff/images/SBIFF_023.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 10/07/15 at 7:45 pm

How long is your sessions?

When it came to my anxiety, it was 50-55 minutes on average. I don't know how long the future sessions will be though.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/07/15 at 7:55 pm

Never thought I'd see something this beautiful

Glad you decided to stick around long enough to see it and tell us about it. Keep doing that!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/07/15 at 7:59 pm

I love theaters, they are so pretty.  They keep tearing them down.  :\'(

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/07/15 at 8:55 pm

I hate they keep tearing down places like that. But I don't think the Jefferson Theatre will go away because it's on the Historical Register, and Ebonie said she played there a few times with the college orchestra. But she never saw a movie there. And I just naturally love old stuff like it. LOL.

Written By: Howard on 10/08/15 at 8:12 am

I'm so excited I could just SCREAM.  I was running errands with my friend Ebonie today and she happened to mention how we were planning to go see "Dracula" at Tinseltown at the end of the month. She said that the historic theatre in town--The Jefferson Theatre, which I just thought was for pretty downtown and not being used--would be screening horror films each Friday.

So now, I'll get to go see Psycho, Silence of the Lambs and The Shining! I only hope I get home in time to see my Jacksons, but I'm very excited about the theatre.
It's one of the old movie palaces and the interior is just GORGEOUS! Never thought I'd see something this beautiful!

I'LL BE THERE ON FRIDAY!!!!!!

That is gorgeous. :o

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/08/15 at 8:43 am

I hate they keep tearing down places like that. But I don't think the Jefferson Theatre will go away because it's on the Historical Register, and Ebonie said she played there a few times with the college orchestra. But she never saw a movie there. And I just naturally love old stuff like it. LOL.

Unfortunately, just because it's on the Historical Register, doesn't necessarily mean it won't get torn down.  The limitations of the National Historical Preservation Act are demonstrated when historic properties are destroyed, as when the Jobbers Canyon Historic District in downtown Omaha, Nebraska was demolished in 1987 to make way for a suburban-style corporate campus. As of 1999, there have been 982 properties removed from the Register, most often due to being destroyed. 

We had a very old glass factory in the town I grew up in.  It ran from 1904 until the 70s where it hit rough times, then another glass company bought it and ran it for another 14 years before closing it altogether in 1984.  The factory had been put on the National Preservation Historical Register the year before it closed in 1983.  The factory was turned into a museum for awhile, but never really did much.  It was finally razed in 1995, and a grocery store plaza (named after the factory) was built on the land.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/08/15 at 9:15 am

I'm not sure. I'm in kind of a smallish town and the "rich" families kind of hang together to preserve the old buildings like that because most of them are still in the families that built them. One of the main attractions is the McFaddin-Ward house that was built in 1906. And it's still in the Mcfaddin-Ward family. They give tours of it, I went when I was 12.

If there was any faith in humanity, they'd get rid of the goddamned John Jay French museum. I also went when I was 12 and it was miserable. It's a house like the one the Ingalls live in on Little House on the Prairie...but in TEXAS. With TEXAS heat and TEXAS skeeters so big they look like Buicks with wings! IT's not good to have a bunch of 6th graders taking with heatstroke and west nile lol .

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/08/15 at 10:06 am

When my step-son was with the Boston Ballet, we saw them preform at the Wang Theatre. I was blown away by it. It was the most gorgeous theatre I have ever been to in my life!

http://photos.cinematreasures.org/production/photos/25677/1315918328/large.jpg?1315918328

http://40.media.tumblr.com/94a881547f125e5e2612947a0d14ac0e/tumblr_ncl2m8lXkN1te0x11o5_1280.jpg

http://www.conradschmitt.com/images/project/xlarge/261.jpg

The lobby was just as beautiful.

http://www.jwoolf.com/portfolios/theaterinteriors/bin/images/small/Wang_Center_Lobby_Boston_MA.jpg

http://static.weddingwire.com/static/wedding/1025001_1030000/1026957/Image/wang%20grand%20lobby(1).jpg

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/15 at 10:10 am

Gorgeous!

Written By: Howard on 10/08/15 at 3:10 pm

When my step-son was with the Boston Ballet, we saw them preform at the Wang Theatre. I was blown away by it. It was the most gorgeous theatre I have ever been to in my life!

http://photos.cinematreasures.org/production/photos/25677/1315918328/large.jpg?1315918328

http://40.media.tumblr.com/94a881547f125e5e2612947a0d14ac0e/tumblr_ncl2m8lXkN1te0x11o5_1280.jpg

http://www.jwoolf.com/portfolios/theaterinteriors/bin/images/small/Wang_Center_Lobby_Boston_MA.jpg

http://static.weddingwire.com/static/wedding/1025001_1030000/1026957/Image/wang%20grand%20lobby(1).jpg

Cat

Those are some really nice pictures.

Written By: nally on 10/08/15 at 8:06 pm

Those are some really nice pictures.

They sure are! Theatres can be very beautifully designed. I'd love to see a show in one like those pictured.

Written By: snozberries on 10/09/15 at 4:34 am

They sure are! Theatres can be very beautifully designed. I'd love to see a show in one like those pictured.

Jeff if you make the drive to watch a film in the Arlington (it's just 35-40 minutes and if you take time to get lunch and or dinner too it's totally worth the drive).....  Anyway...if you do ever watch a film in the Arlington make sure you look up during the movie. The alveoli get looks like the sky!

Written By: 80sfan on 10/09/15 at 9:07 am

Cat

Divine!!  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/09/15 at 1:50 pm

Boy, What an exhausting 5 hours My Father And I had at the orientation for the grand re-opening for Stop And Shop which they are having their grand re-opening on Friday the 16th. It was basically a whole load of papers to fill out and watching a slideshow about the rules and regulations of the store, that was basically it. Tomorrow morning My Father And I have to go back again to show them my passport and Social Security card for them to make copies and put it in their files. That's basically it for now, I will know my new schedule tomorrow morning.

Written By: snozberries on 10/09/15 at 2:51 pm

Boy, What an exhausting 5 hours My Father And I had at the orientation for the grand re-opening for Stop And Shop which they are having their grand re-opening on Friday the 16th. It was basically a whole load of papers to fill out and watching a slideshow about the rules and regulations of the store, that was basically it. Tomorrow morning My Father And I have to go back again to show them my passport and Social Security card for them to make copies and put it in their files. That's basically it for now, I will know my new schedule tomorrow morning.

Are there any new rules?

Are there any rules that changed or went away that you're happy with or sad to see go?

Written By: loki 13 on 10/09/15 at 4:03 pm

Agony knows no other like agony knows me.

I went to the dentist last Tuesday with pain in one of the newer crowns. The x-rays didn't show
any problem so he figured my bite was just a bit off. He ground down the crown and asked how it
was. The stabbing pain was gone but the ache was still there. he said that was just residual soreness
that should ease after awhile. He said give it a week to ten days and see how it goes.

A week to ten days my ass, it didn't last ten hours; a torturous stabbing pain sent back the next day.
He said, "No doubt about it, you need root canal." "We don't do that here. so take this prescription
for antibiotic and pain killers and call this number to make an appointment."

I have to wait until Monday morning. Wait in shear agony with what amounts to a baseball on the
side of my face for relief.

The only upside to this week in agony is that my tooth is no longer cold sensitive and because I can't eat
solid food, I lost 5 pounds.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/09/15 at 5:18 pm

I sat under a tree and meditated for two hours (with a 20 minutes break in between). It really helped my OCD. I think I'm going to continue meditating, but in less big chunks than today.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/09/15 at 5:32 pm

Agony knows no other like agony knows me.

I went to the dentist last Tuesday with pain in one of the newer crowns. The x-rays didn't show
any problem so he figured my bite was just a bit off. He ground down the crown and asked how it
was. The stabbing pain was gone but the ache was still there. he said that was just residual soreness
that should ease after awhile. He said give it a week to ten days and see how it goes.

A week to ten days my ass, it didn't last ten hours; a torturous stabbing pain sent back the next day.
He said, "No doubt about it, you need root canal." "We don't do that here. so take this prescription
for antibiotic and pain killers and call this number to make an appointment."

I have to wait until Monday morning. Wait in shear agony with what amounts to a baseball on the
side of my face for relief.

The only upside to this week in agony is that my tooth is no longer cold sensitive and because I can't eat
solid food, I lost 5 pounds.

I was in pain just reading your post. I hope the doc gave you some good drugs to ease your pain until they can make it go away.

I sat under a tree and meditated for two hours (with a 20 minutes break in between). It really helped my OCD. I think I'm going to continue meditating, but in less big chunks than today.

Meditation is good. Sometimes just chilling for 5 to 10 minutes can help.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 10/09/15 at 8:01 pm

I was in pain just reading your post. I hope the doc gave you some good drugs to ease your pain until they can make it go away.

Meditation is good. Sometimes just chilling for 5 to 10 minutes can help.

Cat

Yeah, I don't think I need to go as far as I did today!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/10/15 at 5:23 am

Talked to Danny Pintauro last night  :)

I've been wanting to hug him ever since he announced his HIV status on Oprah two weeks ago
So glad I got the chance.

There's a pic. It son fb. Eventually I'll get my internet working so I can post via my laptop sometime soon.

Written By: Howard on 10/10/15 at 8:19 am

Are there any new rules?

Are there any rules that changed or went away that you're happy with or sad to see go?

A few of the rules that I got from the orientation was that:
*employees who are part timers should take a 15 minute break before clocking out
* employees should wear the company colors and slip resistant sneakers
* When employees want to buy something, consult the front end manager and always save the receipt.

Written By: Howard on 10/10/15 at 8:21 am

That is definitely a good idea.

Written By: Howard on 10/10/15 at 8:22 am

Talked to Danny Pintauro last night  :)

I've been wanting to hug him ever since he announced his HIV status on Oprah two weeks ago
So glad I got the chance.

There's a pic. It son fb. Eventually I'll get my internet working so I can post via my laptop sometime soon.

Wow, that's wonderful.  :)

Written By: loki 13 on 10/10/15 at 9:06 am

Cat

Oxycodone but it only last for about an hour. The antibiotics are working, the pain isn't as severe as it was
but I still cant eat solid food without discomfort. Only a couple more days.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/10/15 at 10:55 am

Oxycodone but it only last for about an hour. The antibiotics are working, the pain isn't as severe as it was

Be careful taking Oxycodone. That stuff is nasty and highly addictive.  I guess I'm kind of lucky because I have such a low tolerance to ANYTHING. (I get drunk on one or two glasses of wine-yeah, I'm a cheap date. lol) They never have to give me anything super-strong because a little will knock me out. When I had my wisdom teeth out, I developed dry socket (very painful) and they gave me Tylenol 3 with Codeine and I was in Lala Land. One time they put me on Valium and my poor cat, I rolled over on top of her. She was screaming but I was totally out of it. This was when I was married to my first husband and he had to pull the cat out from under me. She never slept next to me again after that. I take just an Ibuprofen and I sleep like a rock. 

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/10/15 at 12:50 pm

That sux. At least you're coming out the other side of this thing.

Written By: loki 13 on 10/10/15 at 2:16 pm

Be careful taking Oxycodone. That stuff is nasty and highly addictive.  I guess I'm kind of lucky because I have such a low tolerance to ANYTHING. (I get drunk on one or two glasses of wine-yeah, I'm a cheap date. lol) They never have to give me anything super-strong because a little will knock me out. When I had my wisdom teeth out, I developed dry socket (very painful) and they gave me Tylenol 3 with Codeine and I was in Lala Land. One time they put me on Valium and my poor cat, I rolled over on top of her. She was screaming but I was totally out of it. This was when I was married to my first husband and he had to pull the cat out from under me. She never slept next to me again after that. I take just an Ibuprofen and I sleep like a rock. 

Cat

I am trying to be. I don't like taking medication at all and with me being in recovery I am really not supposed to take anything
mind altering but I had a choice, a true dilemma, suffer in agony or take the pills. I chose the pills but I do take them sparingly.
only at night and only when I really need it. To make matters worse, my back has been acting up as well; seems to me that pain
is normal.

That sux. At least you're coming out the other side of this thing.

Yeah, I never thought I see the day that I couldn't wait for a weekend to end.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/10/15 at 2:23 pm

I am trying to be. I don't like taking medication at all and with me being in recovery I am really not supposed to take anything
mind altering but I had a choice, a true dilemma, suffer in agony or take the pills. I chose the pills but I do take them sparingly.
only at night and only when I really need it. To make matters worse, my back has been acting up as well; seems to me that pain
is normal.

Yeah, I never thought I see the day that I couldn't wait for a weekend to end.

Wish I could help you.

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 10/10/15 at 2:30 pm

Wish I could help you.

Cat

Thanks Cat, I feel really bad for my wife she has to put up with me. She has been an absolute saint through all this,
I owe her big time.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/10/15 at 9:43 pm

That is definitely a good idea.

Yeah, I'm going to the lake again. There are tons of trees there, and I'm meditating again. Probably not 2 hours though. I'm going on Monday.

Written By: karen on 10/12/15 at 10:55 am

loki

I feel your pain.  I had a tooth that the dentist filled that gave me trouble ever after.  Repeatedly ground down and different fillings tried until I ended up having a root canal done.  Of course it started hurting on the Sunday of a holiday weekend so nowhere was open to get a prescription for pain killers.  I was taking maximum dose of over the counter stuff and was still in agony.  I can remember pacing the floor of the kitchen, supposedly cooking a meal, but just thinking about how much my tooth hurt!

hugs and a hope that the antibiotics are sorting things out

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/12/15 at 11:42 am

One more week till my birthday!! :D

Written By: Howard on 10/12/15 at 3:36 pm

One more week till my birthday!! :D

How old are you going to be? :)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/12/15 at 4:35 pm

How old are you going to be? :)

20 :)

Written By: loki 13 on 10/12/15 at 5:31 pm

loki

I feel your pain.  I had a tooth that the dentist filled that gave me trouble ever after.  Repeatedly ground down and different fillings tried until I ended up having a root canal done.  Of course it started hurting on the Sunday of a holiday weekend so nowhere was open to get a prescription for pain killers.  I was taking maximum dose of over the counter stuff and was still in agony.  I can remember pacing the floor of the kitchen, supposedly cooking a meal, but just thinking about how much my tooth hurt!

hugs and a hope that the antibiotics are sorting things out

Thanks Karen, Today it feels a lot better. I had the root canal done this morning and as of right now
there is only minor discomfort. They gave me a stronger antibiotic to take and another pain killer but
I don't need it yet, let's hope it stays that way.

Written By: nally on 10/12/15 at 10:26 pm

So now I think I'm finally able to do certain tasks of my job position well, that is without too much trouble. However it is still a new experience for me, and I'm taking it all one step at a time. I am still asking questions, but I have a feeling I will enjoy the job more and more.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/12/15 at 11:42 pm

So now I think I'm finally able to do certain tasks of my job position well, that is without too much trouble. However it is still a new experience for me, and I'm taking it all one step at a time. I am still asking questions, but I have a feeling I will enjoy the job more and more.

I remember it took me roughly two weeks to get used to a job once. But it depends on the situation. Your job sounds like, to me, very detail-oriented so it may take the same, or more weeks.  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/13/15 at 7:45 am

that's all you can do, just learn and ask questions every day.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/13/15 at 2:51 pm

Had an appointment this morning and then ran some errands. Normally, I wouldn't post such a trivial thing but what made is so unusual was the fact that Mother Nature was in her splendor. I would say it is pretty much peak right now. I'm sorry I didn't bring my VERY NICE camera with me but I had my small camera in my purse. (I always carry it-you never know when you are going to need it.) The pics are still in the camera. I may bring them up the computer soon and post some.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/13/15 at 10:04 pm

that's all you can do, just learn and ask questions every day.

Yep...and even after I do something, I periodically need a little refresher.

I remember it took me roughly two weeks to get used to a job once. But it depends on the situation. Your job sounds like, to me, very detail-oriented so it may take the same, or more weeks.  :)

Yes it is very detail-oriented indeed; I have been in it for almost a whole month and I am gradually getting accustomed to things.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/14/15 at 1:39 pm

Spent this past weekend with my sister and aunt, they don't live here. We did some catching up and talked. It was nice!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/15/15 at 11:41 pm

Had an appointment this morning and then ran some errands. Normally, I wouldn't post such a trivial thing but what made is so unusual was the fact that Mother Nature was in her splendor. I would say it is pretty much peak right now. I'm sorry I didn't bring my VERY NICE camera with me but I had my small camera in my purse. (I always carry it-you never know when you are going to need it.) The pics are still in the camera. I may bring them up the computer soon and post some.

Cat

I always wanted to do a leaf trip to New England.  Maybe when we come back to the United States.

In other news:
Tonight, hubby and I went to a local watering hole and played Name that tune - 70s and 80s version.  We won a $25 gift card to the watering hole.  So that was satisfying.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 10/16/15 at 2:33 am

I always wanted to do a leaf trip to New England.  Maybe when we come back to the United States.

In other news:
Tonight, hubby and I went to a local watering hole and played Name that tune - 70s and 80s version.  We won a $25 gift card to the watering hole.  So that was satisfying.  :)

O0

Written By: Ripley on 10/16/15 at 8:50 am

I'm sorry :(

Written By: Ripley on 10/16/15 at 8:59 am

Cat

I know all to well about addictions.  Oxy is very powerful.  I recommend anyone getting started on anti-depressants and physical pain meds to take as the doctor prescribes only.  Stick with that even if it feels like you need more.  I'm not saying anyone here over-takes.  But I go through this personally.  That's just a piece of advice from me anyway.

Written By: Ripley on 10/16/15 at 9:02 am

is normal.

I hope you'll start to feel better soon. 

Written By: Ripley on 10/16/15 at 9:12 am

Hello everyone.  I have much catching up to do on here.  Unfortunately I don't have much time these days.  But I am going to at least try to get on and socialize with you all as I've really missed this place. 

So far this month I have done the usual.  5 days a week I work days at a home construction store.  My hours are close to the same every day I work.  I take care of my SO when I'm off as he has trouble getting around.  I rarely have anything going on.  But a couple things have happened with work.  A party at a bowling alley to celebrate a bonus that I don't get yet since I haven't been there long enough lol and I have a small one next week for my department specifically.  No big deal but I do get paid for attending these things.  I do have the holiday off at the end of the month but I don't have any plans.  I don't go to parties or dress up I just really enjoy everything about it and love to have the entire day free!

Written By: annimal on 10/16/15 at 11:33 am

I've been writing some parody's at Am I Right and think on Halloween I'll hook my spider doll to the back of my shirt if I go anywhere or do anything.  Fall is also planting time here in Modesto Ca.  I'll probably plant some seeds.

Written By: Howard on 10/16/15 at 4:40 pm

Hello everyone.  I have much catching up to do on here.  Unfortunately I don't have much time these days.  But I am going to at least try to get on and socialize with you all as I've really missed this place. 

So far this month I have done the usual.  5 days a week I work days at a home construction store.  My hours are close to the same every day I work.  I take care of my SO when I'm off as he has trouble getting around.  I rarely have anything going on.  But a couple things have happened with work.  A party at a bowling alley to celebrate a bonus that I don't get yet since I haven't been there long enough lol and I have a small one next week for my department specifically.  No big deal but I do get paid for attending these things.  I do have the holiday off at the end of the month but I don't have any plans.  I don't go to parties or dress up I just really enjoy everything about it and love to have the entire day free!

just good to see you again. :)

Written By: Ripley on 10/16/15 at 10:01 pm

Thanks Howard :)  I plan to come around often.

Written By: nally on 10/16/15 at 10:04 pm

Thanks Howard :)  I plan to come around often.

Glad to hear that. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/17/15 at 1:51 am

I've been writing some parody's at Am I Right and think on Halloween I'll hook my spider doll to the back of my shirt if I go anywhere or do anything.  Fall is also planting time here in Modesto Ca.  I'll probably plant some seeds.

That sounds like a fun costume idea.

What kind of things do you plant in the fall?  I'm afraid I' not very knowledgble about growing things.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/17/15 at 10:32 am

Going out to dinner tonight. Normally, we would be going out on the 18th, but tonight is the last night because tomorrow the restaurant will be closed for the season.

And yes, it is a special occasion.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 10/17/15 at 10:43 am

That sounds like a fun costume idea.

What kind of things do you plant in the fall?  I'm afraid I' not very knowledgble about growing things.

I never have anything in particular planned, but I have some Purple Cone flower seeds ( butterflies might eat them) and I have a hibiscus in a pot.  I have a Lantana ( butterflies might eat them) in a pot and another hibiscus in the ground.  Did I mention that I love butterflies? 

Written By: loki 13 on 10/17/15 at 5:57 pm

I hope you'll start to feel better soon.

Thanks, I do and I just realized that I never did give an update.

Last Monday was my root canal. They drilled right through the crown to do the procedure.
Afterward they gave me a stronger antibiotic, Ibuprofen 800 and more Oxycodone. The
doctor said that after the numbness wore off I would be really sore and that I should take
the medication. Strange thing, after the numbness wore off there was very little pain and
definitely no need for medication. The only thing I am taking is the antibiotic, the pain meds
are put away for the next crisis. Hopefully there won't be one.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/18/15 at 10:47 am

Last Monday was my root canal. They drilled right through the crown to do the procedure.
Afterward they gave me a stronger antibiotic, Ibuprofen 800 and more Oxycodone. The
doctor said that after the numbness wore off I would be really sore and that I should take
the medication. Strange thing, after the numbness wore off there was very little pain and
definitely no need for medication. The only thing I am taking is the antibiotic, the pain meds

Glad to hear you are doing better.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/18/15 at 10:46 pm

Going out to dinner tonight. Normally, we would be going out on the 18th, but tonight is the last night because tomorrow the restaurant will be closed for the season.

And yes, it is a special occasion.

Cat

Sounds  nice, I hope you had a nice time

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/18/15 at 10:47 pm

I never have anything in particular planned, but I have some Purple Cone flower seeds ( butterflies might eat them) and I have a hibiscus in a pot.  I have a Lantana ( butterflies might eat them) in a pot and another hibiscus in the ground.  Did I mention that I love butterflies?

All sound very pretty.  I like the color purple.  I also love butterflies.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/18/15 at 10:48 pm

Glad that you got it taken care of and that there was very little pain.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/19/15 at 9:31 am

Sounds  nice, I hope you had a nice time

Yup. When we were just about finished with the meal, the owner asked us if we wanted wine for there or to go. I said that I prefer to it to go (since we were almost done). She asked us what kind. Carlos said he liked Merlot & I said that I like Pinot Grigio. She came back with a FULL bottle of Merlot (I was expecting one of those mini bottles). She said that they didn't have a full bottle of Pinot Grigio (since she was closing for the season she didn't stock) but she gave me a FULL bottle of Brut champagne.  :o :o :o :o  She also bought our dessert which they had a candle in it and the entire staff sang "Happy Anniversary" to us. Of course the owner announces to everyone that we had our reception there.

EVERY year, the owner does something like that-but this is the first year for 2 FULL bottles-usually, it is a small bottle of champagne-and we get our dessert on the house. She is always good to us which is why we keep going back-not to mention that the food is WONDERFUL. Never had a bad meal there and never went home hungry. Just the opposite. I usually get home uncomfortably full-with enough food for another meal.  :P Whenever we have people from out-of-state come to visit us, we always take them there (if they are open). My one complaint is that they are not open year-round. In fact, they aren't open on my birthday.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  But, a couple years ago, I had my BIG birthday party there-and it was nice that they weren't open because we had the place to ourselves.

Unfortunately, the place is on the market.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  It has been on the market for a few years now. Who knows what will happen when it sells.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 10/19/15 at 9:57 am

Going to get this paperwork sent today even if there are mistakes.  Then going to my meeting.  Afterwards I need to stop by the store.  This week will be a crazy one.  I work really early a couple days which I'm fine with but usually starting at 8 is easier for me for what I need to take care of. 

Next week will be a normal one.  I am off on the weekend for the holiday though I am not doing anything but I just have to always have this holiday free since its my favorite part of the year.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/19/15 at 3:53 pm

Just a quick note to say I am due to a specialist later this week, and I am wearing sunglasses indoors, due for the glare from sunlight, the television and the room lights.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/19/15 at 3:55 pm

Just a quick note to say I am due to a specialist later this week, and I am wearing sunglasses indoors, due for the glare from sunlight, the television and the room lights.

Hopefully the specialist can help.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 10/19/15 at 5:01 pm

I hope all goes well

Written By: snozberries on 10/19/15 at 7:38 pm

sucks.... hopefully its temporary

Written By: nally on 10/19/15 at 11:41 pm

Thanks for checking in; stay safe & I hope all goes well.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/20/15 at 12:38 am

Wishing you the best, always.  You certainly are missed around here.  I hope you get promising news and something can be done for your condition.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/20/15 at 12:49 am

As for me: I've begun packing (clothes, so far) and I had no idea that I had sooo many clothes.  At first it was hard to choose what I might need there.  Mostly I chose lightweight clothing, short sleeves or no sleeves, nothing too fancy.  I will have to see the limits of the checked bags and then measure and weigh it (and will probably have to edit (again) my choices.  :\'( )  But it'll be ok.  Being a woman of size, I don't imagine that I would be able to find many clothes off-the-rack in an Asian country to fit. I don't particularly want to have something custom-made.  So, we shall see.

I am SUCH a hoarder, and clothes seem to be my weakness, so do the worse first, and go from there.  We may end up getting a storage locker, may end up selling some of it.  Not sure yet.

I *think*, right now, my hubby and cat will fly over in early November, then I will move in with my parents  :-\\ :-\\ until the next payday and fly over to meet them.  That way I can spend some time with my family, say goodbye to the town I grew up in and maybe some friends from back home.  I think I will definatly be ready to leave soon after.  :P ;D  Start my adventure. 

I need to set up a computer for my parents, so that it will be easier and cheaper to talk to one another.  Plus they now call me anytime they need something off the computer, if I teach them to do it themselves, and they have something to do it on at home... I can feel less guilty about leaving.  somewhat.  :-[ ;)

Written By: snozberries on 10/20/15 at 2:03 am

As for me: I've begun packing (clothes, so far) and I had no idea that I had sooo many clothes.  At first it was hard to choose what I might need there.  Mostly I chose lightweight clothing, short sleeves or no sleeves, nothing too fancy.  I will have to see the limits of the checked bags and then measure and weigh it (and will probably have to edit (again) my choices.  :\'( )  But it'll be ok.  Being a woman of size, I don't imagine that I would be able to find many clothes off-the-rack in an Asian country to fit. I don't particularly want to have something custom-made.  So, we shall see.

I am SUCH a hoarder, and clothes seem to be my weakness, so do the worse first, and go from there.  We may end up getting a storage locker, may end up selling some of it.  Not sure yet.

I *think*, right now, my hubby and cat will fly over in early November, then I will move in with my parents  :-\\ :-\\ until the next payday and fly over to meet them.  That way I can spend some time with my family, say goodbye to the town I grew up in and maybe some friends from back home.  I think I will definatly be ready to leave soon after.  :P ;D  Start my adventure. 

I need to set up a computer for my parents, so that it will be easier and cheaper to talk to one another.  Plus they now call me anytime they need something off the computer, if I teach them to do it themselves, and they have something to do it on at home... I can feel less guilty about leaving.  somewhat.  :-[ ;)

Wow. November. That's soon!!! 

Such a big step. I'm excited for you.

Btw. If you have a smart phone. And your parents have a smart phone look into the whatsapp app. It's a free text app that allows you to text to someone in another country for free.  My mom
Uses it for texting family in holland and Suriname

Written By: Ripley on 10/20/15 at 3:09 am

This is exciting for you :)  I hope you won't have to be apart from your husband and kid (cat) for very long.

Written By: snozberries on 10/20/15 at 10:17 am

This is exciting for you :)  I hope you won't have to be apart from your husband and kid (cat) for very long.

I think we just coined a new phrase!!!

Wait for it.....

KIDDIE CAT!!!!     :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/20/15 at 11:19 am

Hope everything goes well.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/20/15 at 6:58 pm

Btw. If you have a smart phone. And your parents have a smart phone look into the whatsapp app. It's a free text app that allows you to text to someone in another country for free.  My mom
Uses it for texting family in holland and Suriname

Thanks, I'll look into that (at least with hubby and I while we are apart.)  I don't actually know if they have smart phones or not, I *think* they do.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/20/15 at 7:02 pm

Me neither.  :)  I had to be away for a couple months last year when I was taking care of my mom (when she had her heart attack and also when she was in the hospital away from home, she insisted I go with her to show my dad how to get to the hospital from the hotel.)  It was a fairly stressful and I was only a couple hours away from him at the time. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/20/15 at 8:27 pm

Wait for it.....

I LIKE it.

Written By: Ripley on 10/20/15 at 8:30 pm

Wait for it.....

Ooh I love it :)

Written By: Ripley on 10/20/15 at 8:32 pm

Me neither.  :)  I had to be away for a couple months last year when I was taking care of my mom (when she had her heart attack and also when she was in the hospital away from home, she insisted I go with her to show my dad how to get to the hospital from the hotel.)  It was a fairly stressful and I was only a couple hours away from him at the time.

Me and mine have done the ldr thing 3 times.  It socks so much.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/20/15 at 8:55 pm

Me and mine have done the ldr thing 3 times.  It socks so much.

I agree

Written By: nally on 10/20/15 at 9:49 pm

I need to set up a computer for my parents, so that it will be easier and cheaper to talk to one another.  Plus they now call me anytime they need something off the computer, if I teach them to do it themselves, and they have something to do it on at home... I can feel less guilty about leaving.  somewhat.  :-

Hope everything goes well.

Cat

I hope so too. All the best, Patty.

Written By: karen on 10/21/15 at 10:31 am

We went away last weekend to the Lake District.

On the way up we stopped at Jodrell Bank - a radio telescope research centre that has various visitor displays.

We stayed in Kendal in a hostel with lots of others from our orienteering club.  We were all there to compete in the finals of the inter-club competition.

On Sunday we did the event.  I messed up my route to the first marker and went way past it before working out where I was.  After that I was just slow and steady.  Overall our club came ninth - we had been hoping to do much better than this as in previous year's we have won the cup.

As this week is a holiday from school we stayed up an extra night and went for a walk on Monday.  We had originally planned to do quite a long walk, but the first steady climb out of the valley was more tiring than we'd calculated for.  A quick check of the map found an alternative loop and we had quite a pleasant walk.  Part of the walk covered a route we had done a few years ago and Elizabeth was pleased to recognise it and sort out that particular memory in her mental timeline!

In other news the building work has nearly finished on our garage.  Next week the personal door will be fitted, the interior painted and maybe the storage units installed.  We've just heard that the garage door will take about 6 weeks to arrive though

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/22/15 at 2:34 am

That sounds very interesting, Karen.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/22/15 at 2:41 am

We've had a change of plans in our big adventure.  We are still going, just delaying a few months until January 2016.  My hubby will turn 50 then and can get a retirement Visa, and I will be able to get a visa based on my marriage to him.  We could go now, but it would just be more complicated in the long run.  We could use the extra time in selling some more of our stuff and donating the rest of it.

So, even though we will be here for part of Winter (snow, blah!  8-P ) I think it will be best with this newly revised plan.  We will have to get rid of two cars as well (unless we store them, which probably will be the case.)

Written By: snozberries on 10/22/15 at 7:19 am

We've had a change of plans in our big adventure.  We are still going, just delaying a few months until January 2016.  My hubby will turn 50 then and can get a retirement Visa, and I will be able to get a visa based on my marriage to him.  We could go now, but it would just be more complicated in the long run.  We could use the extra time in selling some more of our stuff and donating the rest of it.

So, even though we will be here for part of Winter (snow, blah!  8-P ) I think it will be best with this newly revised plan.  We will have to get rid of two cars as well (unless we store them, which probably will be the case.)

That sounds like an excellent plan.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/15 at 1:03 pm

The specialist has been seen. My eyes are sensitive to bright light due to dryness. So eyedrops have to be applied regularly.

I gradually introducing myself to being online, the computer will be minimal, the phone and tablet are easier to my eyes.

Written By: Ripley on 10/22/15 at 2:24 pm

This plan sounds good.  Getting the visa situation taken care of before moving.  That stuff can get so complicating.  I haven't personally dealt with or known anyone who has but I've read up about it.  Best of luck though!  I think its awesome that you are doing something like this.  I would love to travel the world.  I have thought about living off the coast of Australia!

Written By: Ripley on 10/22/15 at 2:27 pm

The specialist has been seen. My eyes are sensitive to bright light due to dryness. So eyedrops have to be applied regularly.

I gradually introducing myself to being online, the computer will be minimal, the phone and tablet are easier to my eyes.

I'm sure you are relieved now that you have seen them.  I'm sorry you have had to go through this. 

Written By: Howard on 10/22/15 at 5:24 pm

Hopefully, everything with you will get back to normal, glad to see you again. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/22/15 at 6:09 pm

Went up north to visit with my youngest step-daughter and two of the grand-kids. They certainly love their Grandma.  :) :) :)

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 10/22/15 at 6:20 pm

Went up north to visit with my youngest step-daughter and two of the grand-kids. They certainly love their Grandma.  :) :) :)

Cat

Cool :)

Written By: 80sfan on 10/22/15 at 6:51 pm

Take it easy.  ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/23/15 at 1:13 am

I'm glad that your appointment went well and that you have a workable solution.  My best to your improvement.

Written By: Howard on 10/23/15 at 9:25 am

Hope everything is alright with you.

Written By: Howard on 10/23/15 at 9:27 am

Wait for it.....

LOL too funny!! ;D

Written By: nally on 10/24/15 at 11:02 pm

A bit late for this, but thanks for the update; glad the appointment went well... and wishing all the best for you and your eyes.

Take care of yourself. :)

Written By: nally on 10/24/15 at 11:03 pm

Cat

I'm so happy to hear that. :)

Written By: nally on 10/24/15 at 11:07 pm

I spent today with my parents, who are celebrating their 39th anniversary. We traveled up to the Gopher Glen place where we get our special apples every year; only this time we got a different kind of apple, due to the time of the year (often times we go up there in late August or early September, but this year we had to wait a while because they went on a trip of their own in Sept)... but we had a good time. :) We also took a drive along the coastline. For dinner we ate at Chucks Steakhouse in Santa Barbara (they made a reservation for 6pm, but we got there early so we got seated right away) and had a nice dinner.

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/15 at 7:57 am

I spent today with my parents, who are celebrating their 39th anniversary. We traveled up to the Gopher Glen place where we get our special apples every year; only this time we got a different kind of apple, due to the time of the year (often times we go up there in late August or early September, but this year we had to wait a while because they went on a trip of their own in Sept)... but we had a good time. :) We also took a drive along the coastline. For dinner we ate at Chucks Steakhouse in Santa Barbara (they made a reservation for 6pm, but we got there early so we got seated right away) and had a nice dinner.

I love Chucks! Did you go to Chucks Hawaii or Chucks on the waterfront? 

Both are good but there something about sitting on the patio looking at the ocean that makes the whole meal better  :)

Happy anniversary to your parents

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/15 at 7:58 am

I had a yard sale yesterday. This time people
Actually came!!! YAY!

Written By: Ripley on 10/25/15 at 9:17 am

Happy Anniversary to  your parents :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/25/15 at 11:17 am

Happy Anniversary to your parents.

Actually came!!! YAY!

YAY!!!

Don't know what I like better about having a yard sale, the extra cash in my pocket or the fact that I got rid of more crap stuff.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/25/15 at 12:03 pm

I love Chucks! Did you go to Chucks Hawaii or Chucks on the waterfront? 

Both are good but there something about sitting on the patio looking at the ocean that makes the whole meal better  :)

Happy anniversary to your parents

I have not gone to Hawaii yet... but my parents said that they went to the one in Hawaii for their honeymoon 39 years ago. :)

Thanks. :)

Written By: nally on 10/25/15 at 12:04 pm

Happy Anniversary to  your parents :)

Cat

Thanks!

Written By: nally on 10/25/15 at 12:07 pm

Actually came!!! YAY!

YAY!!!

Don't know what I like better about having a yard sale, the extra cash in my pocket or the fact that I got rid of more crap stuff.

Cat

Maybe both. I have never had one, but there are times when I've thought about it, as there is plenty of crap stuff that we've been wanting to get rid of (in fact, last year we even thought about selling some items in my grandma's house as we were cleaning it out, but decided to donate them instead). And we could use the cash too. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/15 at 12:38 pm

I have not gone to Hawaii yet... but my parents said that they went to the one in Hawaii for their honeymoon 39 years ago. :)

Thanks. :)

I think you misunderstood my question...chucks had two restaurants. One is chucks Hawaii and the other is chucks on the waterfront.

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/15 at 12:45 pm

YAY!!!

Cat

Its def nice to get rid of stuff.  But the cash is way better.

Written By: Howard on 10/25/15 at 3:10 pm

glad you all had a good time.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/25/15 at 4:46 pm

Thank you guys VERY VERY MUCH for the birthday wishes!!!!! It's a blessing that God has given me 20 FREAKING YEARS of life!!!!!!

Written By: nally on 10/25/15 at 9:26 pm

I think you misunderstood my question...chucks had two restaurants. One is chucks Hawaii and the other is chucks on the waterfront.

I still don't totally understand.

I only have been to the one in Santa Barbara on State Street.

Written By: nally on 10/25/15 at 9:27 pm

glad you all had a good time.

Thanks; it was a day well spent. :)

Written By: snozberries on 10/26/15 at 12:04 am

I still don't totally understand.

I only have been to the one in Santa Barbara on State Street.

The one on State Street is Chuck's of Hawaii

https://www.santabarbara.com/dining/photos/chucks-of-hawaii-1.jpg

There's a second location in Santa Barbara called Chucks Waterfront Grill. It's right on the harbor (not at Sterns Wharf...it's in in the SB Marina.

http://www.gsblra.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Chucks-Waterfront-Grill.png

They have a seafood menu but also offer selects front the chucks Hawaii menu. The view is fantastic and the food is amazing.  Since you guys like chucks you might want to try it sometime.

Written By: nally on 10/26/15 at 1:04 am

The one on State Street is Chuck's of Hawaii

https://www.santabarbara.com/dining/photos/chucks-of-hawaii-1.jpg

There's a second location in Santa Barbara called Chucks Waterfront Grill. It's right on the harbor (not at Sterns Wharf...it's in in the SB Marina.

http://www.gsblra.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Chucks-Waterfront-Grill.png

They have a seafood menu but also offer selects front the chucks Hawaii menu. The view is fantastic and the food is amazing.  Since you guys like chucks you might want to try it sometime.

Many thanks. :) The first one was the place I went to.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/28/15 at 2:13 am

One of my hubby's friends is having a combo Halloween/going-away party for us on Friday.  We'll play board games.  I may make little orange bell pepper stuffed peppers jack-o-lanterns, but I may just find something easier to make 'cause I hate cooking.

THEN the next day, another friend is getting married back in Western Ohio (about a 5 hour drive) and he's having a combo Halloween/wedding reception.  So we have to come up with some seriously easy costumes.  I think I might be Lilly Munster or Morticia Addams, but I doubt I can get James to dress as Herman Munster (He is so not into Halloween.)  ;D

I think then we'll probably visit with some old friends from Ohio then make our way towards home. (and collapse, having been social butterflied-out)  ;D

Written By: karen on 10/28/15 at 5:24 am

We are going to a Halloween party on Saturday.

I am being very boring and dressing as a cat!  Elizabeth is dressing up as River Song (from Dr Who), Dai will be the new Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) and James is being a serial killer (dressed in normal clothes with a fake knife wedged in a cereal packet - geddit?)

I am making a spiders web cake with separate spiders.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/28/15 at 10:39 am

I am being very boring and dressing as a cat!  Elizabeth is dressing up as River Song (from Dr Who), Dai will be the new Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) and James is being a serial killer (dressed in normal clothes with a fake knife wedged in a cereal packet - geddit?)

Cat? Boring?  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: karen on 10/28/15 at 11:10 am

Cat? Boring?  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Noooo.  it's just a costume that is so easy to do and so unoriginal

Written By: nally on 10/28/15 at 11:04 pm

Have a good time at your party! :)

http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/halloween/smiley.gif

Written By: karen on 10/29/15 at 4:40 am

Last night was the Diwali lights switch on in town.  The Morris dancers had been invited to dance at the event.  We hadn't realised that we would be dancing on the stage at the town hall!  Having got over the shock, and after having our time slot cut down drastically, we had a good time.

Afterwards we went for a meal at a middle eastern restaurant in town.  The family remembered us from a few years ago when their children had danced with us.  I guess the green faces and bright costumes are hard to forget!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/29/15 at 10:19 am

I'm not real big on "real" horror movies, but I just hopped up and danced when I saw that Spike TV will be showing my favorite Stephen King movie--"Rose Red". The movie is a mile long, but it's AWESOME how it picks with your head. Plus King has a cameo in it as a pizza man.  ;D Love Stephen King. He's one of the reasons why I write now.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/29/15 at 10:43 am

Going out to dinner and then going to the theatre tonight to see Menopause: The Musical. This is the Survivor Tour. Cast members are all breast cancer survivors and proceeds go to the Susan Koman Foundation. Should be a fun evening.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/29/15 at 3:05 pm

enjoy the party. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/30/15 at 2:51 am

Last night was the Diwali lights switch on in town.  The Morris dancers had been invited to dance at the event.  We hadn't realised that we would be dancing on the stage at the town hall!  Having got over the shock, and after having our time slot cut down drastically, we had a good time.

Afterwards we went for a meal at a middle eastern restaurant in town.  The family remembered us from a few years ago when their children had danced with us.  I guess the green faces and bright costumes are hard to forget!

Sounds cool. I didn't realize it was Diwalli yet.  We ate at an Indian food restaurant last night too.

Sounds like you had fun.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/30/15 at 3:09 am

I'm not real big on "real" horror movies, but I just hopped up and danced when I saw that Spike TV will be showing my favorite Stephen King movie--"Rose Red". The movie is a mile long, but it's AWESOME how it picks with your head. Plus King has a cameo in it as a pizza man.  ;D Love Stephen King. He's one of the reasons why I write now.

As I recall, that was supposed to be a full-length movie directed by Stephen Spielberg, but they couldn't agree what direction to take the story, so Stephen King just wrote it how he wanted it and got a different director and then made it into a mini-series.  I started watching the mini-series, but then missed a few episodes.  :\'(

I did buy this book that co-exists about the movie https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diary_of_Ellen_Rimbauer:_My_Life_at_Rose_Red
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/70/DiaryofEllenRimbauerBook.jpg/200px-DiaryofEllenRimbauerBook.jpg  You might see if your local library has it or find a used copy of the paperback edition of it for sale online.  I don't even know where my copy went to.  If I find it (while packing to move) I'll send it to you. (But don't hold your breath, I haven't seen it in years.)  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/30/15 at 3:10 am

Going out to dinner and then going to the theatre tonight to see Menopause: The Musical. This is the Survivor Tour. Cast members are all breast cancer survivors and proceeds go to the Susan Koman Foundation. Should be a fun evening.

Cat

That's cool. Have fun

Written By: karen on 10/30/15 at 12:42 pm

Sounds cool. I didn't realize it was Diwalli yet.  We ate at an Indian food restaurant last night too.

Sounds like you had fun.

It isn't quite Diwali yet but our town puts up lights for a couple of weeks - like some towns/malls put up lights and decorations for Christmas.  There is a large Asian community in our area.  The nearby city has the largest Diwali celebrations in Europe with a street party, fireworks and dancing displays

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/30/15 at 1:50 pm

That's cool. Have fun

Thanks, and it was fun. Even Carlos had fun. He was only one of a handful of men there. Afterwards, we were in the lobby and the cast members were out talking to people. One cast member thanked Carlos for coming. I felt like I was part of a sister-hood type group. It was cool and actually kind of empowering.

One woman came up to me and gave me a hug saying that it was wonderful to see me again. I was like, "Do I know you?" Come to find out it was the woman who designed our kitchen. I didn't recognized her. (Her hair is longer than it was the last time I saw her.) It was cool to see her and told her that she is going to have to come & see the house.

After we got home, I looked at the program of the show. One of the cast members was the woman who played Marla Hooch in A League Of Their Own. WAY COOL!!!

This is the cast we saw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygJ5NCiqK20

Linda Boston has a voice that totally blew me away.

This is the only video that I could find of her singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4TFNVMeLuY

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/30/15 at 11:30 pm

Had a dental appointment today. I had let all my coworkers know about it a week beforehand because whenever one of us has an appointment, the others need to know so that if anything comes up that needs attention, we won't be wondering where that person is. So anyway, the dental appointment went well, and I only ended up missing one hour of actual work time because my appointment ended during lunch hour.

Written By: Ripley on 10/31/15 at 10:14 am

Had a dental appointment today. I had let all my coworkers know about it a week beforehand because whenever one of us has an appointment, the others need to know so that if anything comes up that needs attention, we won't be wondering where that person is. So anyway, the dental appointment went well, and I only ended up missing one hour of actual work time because my appointment ended during lunch hour.

How did it go? Are your teeth feeling alright?

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/31/15 at 6:11 pm

Man I can't believe that October is already about to be over! :D

Written By: Howard on 10/31/15 at 6:13 pm

and Thanksgiving will be here soon.  :o

Written By: nally on 10/31/15 at 11:32 pm

How did it go? Are your teeth feeling alright?

They sure are. The dentist examined me and said there were no cavaties, which is certainly a good sign.

Written By: nally on 10/31/15 at 11:32 pm

I know, the month is just flying by. So is the rest of the year.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/15 at 11:06 am

Putting this in this thread since this was last night. We didn't get as many kids as we usually get. I always buy 10 bags of the Hershey's bite size bars and many years we run out. But, last night we didn't even go through half of them. The houses across the street were all dark. The rectory next door was handing out candy for a bit. The apartment house on the other side always has the porch light on but I think there is only one tenant on the other side of the house and I don't know if he was handing out candy or not. So, I was wondering if people didn't think it was worth crossing the street or not.

I think I know what happened. Rutland always has a BIG Halloween parade-people come far and wide for it. Here are some highlights from last year's parade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F_877pg-7I

Since Halloween fell on a Saturday this year, the parade was actually on Halloween so most of our usual trick-or-treaters were in Rutland watching the parade.

In the meanwhile, Carlos & I have 5 bags of Hershey's bite size bars that we are going to be FORCED to eat. It's gonna be tough but we will get through it somehow. Doncha hate when that happens?  ;)

Cat

Written By: annimal on 11/01/15 at 11:17 am

I was the candy passer outer and put together a last minute pirate costume with an eye patch, a sord I had, the thing from my robe to tie around my waist, and my spider to be a parrot.

Written By: Howard on 11/01/15 at 3:14 pm

They sure are. The dentist examined me and said there were no cavities, which is certainly a good sign.

I haven't had cavities in years.

Written By: Ripley on 11/01/15 at 8:26 pm

You can send one of those candy bags to me Cat! We don't get trick or treaters in my neiborhood anymore.

Written By: Howard on 11/02/15 at 3:25 pm

You can send one of those candy bags to me Cat! We don't get trick or treaters in my neiborhood anymore.

Why not?

Check for new replies or respond here...