inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thanksgiving is near since November is here!!!

Written By: Ripley on 10/31/15 at 7:22 pm

We've reached the holiday season. What is everyone up to this month?

Subject: Re: Thanksgiving is near since November is here!!!

Written By: 80sfan on 11/01/15 at 8:03 am

It's the best month of the year, it's my birth month.  :-X  :-X

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/15 at 9:58 am

White Rabbit!

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/15 at 10:09 am

White Rabbit!

Cat
You beat me to it!

"white rabbit"

I am struggling along, no sign yet of getting better, just being careful with bright lights, etc.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/01/15 at 10:35 am

I realize that this is the first time in many years I don't have to go broke in order to try to make a "Thanksgiving" dinner. Since I'm alone now, I'll just plunk down SIX DOLLARS for this:

http://www.fmg.htcity.com/product_image/swanson%20hungry_man_turkey.jpg

And split the leftovers between Forever 21 and my "I-gotta-see-3T-before-I-die" fund. Six dollars versus the 120 or so I used to spend for me and my dad--and more when my mom was alive too--is so much of a weight off me.
Now I can just be to myself, pop in a good movie and relax while my microwave does all the work. And completely ignore my "family" should they try to be "nice" to me.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/15 at 10:48 am

You beat me to it!

"white rabbit"

I am struggling along, no sign yet of getting better, just being careful with bright lights, etc.

Didn't know if you would be here today so I thought that I would do it for you.  ;)

Sorry you are not getting better yet-hopefully it will come soon.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/01/15 at 3:17 pm

I realize that this is the first time in many years I don't have to go broke in order to try to make a "Thanksgiving" dinner. Since I'm alone now, I'll just plunk down SIX DOLLARS for this:

And split the leftovers between Forever 21 and my "I-gotta-see-3T-before-I-die" fund. Six dollars versus the 120 or so I used to spend for me and my dad--and more when my mom was alive too--is so much of a weight off me.
Now I can just be to myself, pop in a good movie and relax while my microwave does all the work. And completely ignore my "family" should they try to be "nice" to me.

What about having a nice Thanksgiving dinner?

Written By: Howard on 11/01/15 at 3:18 pm

nothing really, I just look forward to Thanksgiving at the end of the month.

Written By: nally on 11/01/15 at 6:28 pm

You beat me to it!

"white rabbit"

Sorry you are not getting better yet-hopefully it will come soon.

Cat

I hope so too.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/01/15 at 7:33 pm

What about having a nice Thanksgiving dinner?

That's the thing. I don't know how to cook that kind of meal for just one. I'm used to cooking for up to 3 at a time. I wouldn't even know how to start cutting it down. We don't have like written recipes. It's all in my head and that's how my mama taught me and how her mama taught her. I can say ok I'll do for one and have enough for like ten. LOL.  Plus like I said I want f21 clothing and to sock away to see 3T. I'd like to see Taryll's eyes up close.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/01/15 at 8:05 pm

I will be 27 and still act like a child.  8)

Written By: Ripley on 11/01/15 at 8:13 pm

:)

Written By: Ripley on 11/01/15 at 8:14 pm

It looks good to me but it's 6 dollars there? Damn. I think they're around 3 here.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/01/15 at 8:54 pm

:)

;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/01/15 at 10:04 pm

It looks good to me but it's 6 dollars there? Damn. I think they're around 3 here.

I planned to buy two of them.  ;D (lunch and dinner)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/15 at 10:29 am

That's the thing. I don't know how to cook that kind of meal for just one. I'm used to cooking for up to 3 at a time. I wouldn't even know how to start cutting it down. We don't have like written recipes. It's all in my head and that's how my mama taught me and how her mama taught her. I can say ok I'll do for one and have enough for like ten. LOL.  Plus like I said I want f21 clothing and to sock away to see 3T. I'd like to see Taryll's eyes up close.

There may be community dinners in your area. Around here there are many places that have free Thanksgiving dinners. We have gone to a few of them over the years. If they do, you don't have to cook at all and you don't have to be alone.

Cat

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/02/15 at 11:03 am

There may be community dinners in your area. Around here there are many places that have free Thanksgiving dinners. We have gone to a few of them over the years. If they do, you don't have to cook at all and you don't have to be alone.

Cat

Some of the churches here do that, but I always assumed it was for the less fortunate. I just wouldn't feel right if I took a plate from someone who really needed it.

Written By: Howard on 11/02/15 at 3:21 pm

You can have someone else cook a nice meal for you?

Written By: Howard on 11/02/15 at 3:22 pm

What's your favorite TV Dinners?

Written By: Howard on 11/02/15 at 3:24 pm

Some of the churches here do that, but I always assumed it was for the less fortunate. I just wouldn't feel right if I took a plate from someone who really needed it.

You don't have to be less fortunate, you can come in and enjoy a Thanksgiving meal.

Written By: Ripley on 11/02/15 at 5:27 pm

Oh lol

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/15 at 9:21 pm

Thanksgiving I'll be working a 12 or 14hr day... won't know if I get invited to eat with the firemen this year. It used to be an automatic invite but now it depends on who the captain on duty is.

Written By: nally on 11/03/15 at 12:37 am

Some of us still have that quality regardless of how old we live to be.

Written By: nally on 11/03/15 at 12:40 am

For thanksgiving this year, my family and I will probably cook our own meal and have it among just the three of us. We don't really have many relatives to cook for anymore (which is one reason why we chose to take a weekend getaway cruise last year for the holiday). Sometimes we have considered inviting friends, who are not family members, but they usu have plans of their own.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/03/15 at 9:20 am

Most years we don't have plans for Thanksgiving. The kids usually spend it with their mother or in-laws. Last year we invited Carlos' cousin & wife up from Rhode Island.

This year we were invited to one of my step-daughter's house-which means we have to put up with Carlos' ex & her husband.  ::)  I know I shouldn't really say anything because they have never been anything but nice to me. We are all civil, nice and kind. There are a few occasions where we will hug. I just prefer if we don't have to deal with them.

Cat

Written By: karen on 11/03/15 at 11:18 am

You could volunteer to help cook the meal and then you'd share it afterwards.  I bet lots of community places would like another pair of hands

Written By: karen on 11/03/15 at 11:20 am

remember, remember
the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot
I see no reason
why the gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot

Written By: Howard on 11/03/15 at 3:17 pm

Not sure but I think I'll be working on Thanksgiving but I'm pretty sure I'll be off the next day.

Written By: snozberries on 11/03/15 at 3:28 pm

Not sure but I think I'll be working on Thanksgiving but I'm pretty sure I'll be off the next day.

you never know... new store might mean that what you used to get in the past may change.. just be prepared for it.

Written By: Howard on 11/03/15 at 3:41 pm

you never know... new store might mean that what you used to get in the past may change.. just be prepared for it.

I always need to be prepared.

Written By: snozberries on 11/03/15 at 4:04 pm

I always need to be prepared.

like a boy scout  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/03/15 at 4:20 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSwjuz_-yao

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/04/15 at 7:15 am

like a boy scout  ;D

and thanks to the front end manager she has been giving me the very same schedule just like she did when it was Pathmark, the usual 9-1 or 8-12.

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/15 at 7:50 am

and thanks to the front end manager she has been giving me the very same schedule just like she did when it was Pathmark, the usual 9-1 or 8-12.

That's great.

Written By: Howard on 11/04/15 at 3:17 pm

That's great.

To be honest Q, I like the morning schedule because I leave work and be home in the afternoon compared to the afternoon shift last year where I came home and not having enough time to breathe.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/15 at 3:22 pm

Had lunch with my step-son & his kids. It was a nice afternoon as usual.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 11/04/15 at 3:50 pm

Most years we don't have plans for Thanksgiving. The kids usually spend it with their mother or in-laws. Last year we invited Carlos' cousin & wife up from Rhode Island.

This year we were invited to one of my step-daughter's house-which means we have to put up with Carlos' ex & her husband.  ::)  I know I shouldn't really say anything because they have never been anything but nice to me. We are all civil, nice and kind. There are a few occasions where we will hug. I just prefer if we don't have to deal with them.

Cat

I won't feel comfortable around exes at all. There's always a history there.

Written By: Ripley on 11/04/15 at 3:53 pm

I think were just having a few things st home. The three of us. Nothing big.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/15 at 5:27 pm

I won't feel comfortable around exes at all. There's always a history there.

When you marry someone who has been married before, it just goes with the territory. Comfortable or not, you have to deal with it. I have heard stories about past and present wives being friends. That would be nice but I could never be friends with her. I can't exactly put my finger on it but there is just something about her that I don't like. I'm sure she feels the same way about me. But, like I said, she has never been anything but nice to me-and I am nice to her, too.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/04/15 at 10:41 pm

There's not gonna be any easy way to say this, but...

This paid position that I was hired for in mid-September has not worked out as planned. :( So as of this Friday, at lunchtime, I will be seeking other employment.

It has kinda been a challenge for me since day one, since there were lots of things involved that were new to me, and it has taken me a while to get accustomed to doing them... but I've had to frequently ask questions in some cases (just to show that I wanted to learn). I mean, I have learned some new skills in the past month-and-a-half (as well as new software programs), and I've gotten somewhat proficient at some of the tasks...but not proficient enough. (In short, this accounting work was nothing like the stuff I learned last year.)

However, it was a nice experience to work and get paid for it (something I've wanted to do for years). So this law firm will need to hire a new bookkeeper next week. :-[

Written By: snozberries on 11/05/15 at 8:11 am

This paid position that I was hired for in mid-September has not worked out as planned. :( So as of this Friday, at lunchtime, I will be seeking other employment.

It has kinda been a challenge for me since day one, since there were lots of things involved that were new to me, and it has taken me a while to get accustomed to doing them... but I've had to frequently ask questions in some cases (just to show that I wanted to learn). I mean, I have learned some new skills in the past month-and-a-half (as well as new software programs), and I've gotten somewhat proficient at some of the tasks...but not proficient enough. (In short, this accounting work was nothing like the stuff I learned last year.)

However, it was a nice experience to work and get paid for it (something I've wanted to do for years). So this law firm will need to hire a new bookkeeper next week. :-[

That's too bad Jeff.

Just keep in mind, when you find a new position, something Karen and I mentioned before. When you start a job and ask a lot of questions in the beginning its good but if you continue to ask a lot of questions (which in your mind was sending a message that you were eager to learn) unfortunately isn't seen the same way by the employer

I don't know if you were asking the same questions or if they were always new questions but, as a trainer, I always keep a note of what questions are being asked of me. If a person asks me the same question more than three times I question whether I've explained clearly or if they are unable to grasp the concept. If the issue is with me then I change how I present the info but if the issue is with the employees retention then it goes in their evaluation. 

I hope you find something more suited to you skills and that you, at least learned something to take with you to your next job.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/15 at 10:20 am

Too bad. But, it wasn't a total loss. Besides getting a paycheck, you learned new skills and you now have something else to put on your resumé which could help you get your next job.

Cat

Written By: annimal on 11/05/15 at 12:47 pm

yesterday my brother Joel helped me find and order a new computer for me from Amazon.

Written By: karen on 11/05/15 at 1:22 pm

Sorry the job didn't work out for you Jeff.  I hope you can find a new position soon

Written By: karen on 11/05/15 at 1:25 pm

yesterday my brother Joel helped me find and order a new computer for me from Amazon.

That's great - what brand are you getting?

we are thinking of replacing our computer, but don't know what to go for at all.

Written By: karen on 11/05/15 at 1:27 pm

I had my flu jab today at work - everyone is offered it in school.

Tonight is Bonfire Night and there are loads of fireworks going off in the area.

We won't get chance to go to a display - Elizabeth is helping at Cubs and is organising to tonight's activities.  And Dai and the children are away this weekend so I probably won't go to any displays that are held on Saturday evening

Written By: Howard on 11/05/15 at 3:34 pm

So sorry it didn't work out.  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/05/15 at 3:43 pm

I had my flu jab today at work - everyone is offered it in school.
Thanks for reminding me.

Tonight is Bonfire Night and there are loads of fireworks going off in the area.
Same here and very loud.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/05/15 at 4:16 pm

Good luck!

Written By: annimal on 11/05/15 at 5:05 pm

That's great - what brand are you getting?

we are thinking of replacing our computer, but don't know what to go for at all.

I don't remember what it was, but this old one I'm using is having so mush trouble loading things and doing weird things so I'll be happy when the new one comes.  I found an old storage device that has a bunch of more pics on it I can probably share.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/06/15 at 1:42 am

I'm sorry to hear that, Jeff.  Hopefully you will find something else soon.

Written By: Ripley on 11/06/15 at 7:36 am

When you marry someone who has been married before, it just goes with the territory. Comfortable or not, you have to deal with it. I have heard stories about past and present wives being friends. That would be nice but I could never be friends with her. I can't exactly put my finger on it but there is just something about her that I don't like. I'm sure she feels the same way about me. But, like I said, she has never been anything but nice to me-and I am nice to her, too.

Cat

Mine has been seperated for a couple years. He hates her and I don't even know her. She's trash. Literally. She steals from the government when she could work, sleeps with anything that walks and is a rude b word. The only reason he hasn't got a divorce is cause were broke and it cost money. Trust me we want that so that we can marry soon. But we have no contact with her and she's on the other side of the country. So I don't have to worry about having dinner with her at least.

Written By: Ripley on 11/06/15 at 7:38 am

I'm sorry. But this just means something better is out there for you. You're good at what you do I can tell. :)

Written By: Ripley on 11/06/15 at 7:39 am

Cool what kind?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/06/15 at 12:31 pm

Mine has been seperated for a couple years. He hates her and I don't even know her. She's trash. Literally. She steals from the government when she could work, sleeps with anything that walks and is a rude b word. The only reason he hasn't got a divorce is cause were broke and it cost money. Trust me we want that so that we can marry soon. But we have no contact with her and she's on the other side of the country. So I don't have to worry about having dinner with her at least.

I take it they didn't have any kids together. Without kids, you don't have to worry about having to deal with them. Carlos has 4 kids (& 7 grandkids) so it is always kid-related events (birthday parties, holidays, etc) that we have to deal with his ex.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/06/15 at 12:32 pm

Gonna have company this evening-none other than our very own Maxwell Smart.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 11/06/15 at 12:44 pm

I take it they didn't have any kids together. Without kids, you don't have to worry about having to deal with them. Carlos has 4 kids (& 7 grandkids) so it is always kid-related events (birthday parties, holidays, etc) that we have to deal with his ex.

Cat

No they didn't fortunately.  She has 3 of her own and they are just as bad as her.  The girls at least.  They're following in their mom's footsteps and they're in their late teens.  The boy is young.  She's almost 20 years older than my fiancé since she only dates younger men.  But she has treated all of them just as bad.  He does have a daughter but through an earlier relationship to a woman who was very irresponsible during pregnancy almost lost the baby but caused her to get autism.  Cause of it but his parents have custody.  I really want to have her one day but things have to happen first.  I mean for right now I think its best for his mom and dad to take care of her as we are in debt and I can barely take care of us.  Physically I have mentioned that he is disabled and has trouble moving around so he cant take care of her all day by himself while I'm working.  I know I sort of went off topic but basically I have a step-daughter but we cant take care of her at the moment.

Written By: Ripley on 11/06/15 at 12:46 pm

Cat

Oh cool!  Tell him I said hello!

Written By: 80sfan on 11/06/15 at 1:29 pm

Cat

Company for you, or the boards in general? Company on the boards, or in your real life?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/06/15 at 2:43 pm

Company for you, or the boards in general? Company on the boards, or in your real life?

Real life. We met before many years ago-this will be our second mini-meet.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/06/15 at 3:36 pm

Cat

that's wonderful. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/06/15 at 4:49 pm

Cat

Please give him my warm regards, I miss seeing him around here.  I hope he is well.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/06/15 at 7:42 pm

Give the man my best regards, then tell him to get his butt back in here at least once or twice a week, he's missing the funniest primary season ever! :)

Written By: nally on 11/06/15 at 10:41 pm

Too bad. But, it wasn't a total loss. Besides getting a paycheck, you learned new skills and you now have something else to put on your resumé which could help you get your next job.

Cat

That's right; anytime I have work experience of any kind, it goes on my resumé and that is helpful.

Also, anytime I work somewhere, regardless of length of time, I view it as a learning experience.

Written By: nally on 11/06/15 at 10:42 pm

Sorry the job didn't work out for you Jeff.  I hope you can find a new position soon

Thanks Karen; in fact I have already started looking; today I even made a couple of applications

Written By: nally on 11/06/15 at 10:51 pm

I'm sorry. But this just means something better is out there for you. You're good at what you do I can tell. :)

Yes I am.  I'm thinking maybe someone with experience in the field of law might have had a better advantage, or someone with past experience in a law firm.

But I did get some things out of this job position in the month and a half that I was there. I learned a new application program or two, and I strengthened my skills in Quickbooks (since that was one of the programs being used on a daily basis). I also had to use Excel to do certain things, and I'm quite knowledgeable with that program.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/06/15 at 11:06 pm

Nally, have you ever considered training in doing income taxes (I think they give training at H & R Block.)  Especially since tax season is coming up soon.

Written By: nally on 11/06/15 at 11:11 pm

There is that possibility. In fact, last year when I began that three-month internship at the property management company, my original supervisor left the place to start his own income tax business.

Written By: snozberries on 11/06/15 at 11:43 pm

Nally, have you ever considered training in doing income taxes (I think they give training at H & R Block.)  Especially since tax season is coming up soon.

That's actually a really good idea. H&R block
is everywhere!

With tax season right around the corner I bet they are hiring a bunch of
People and it's right in his accounting wheelhouse!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/07/15 at 12:17 am

I forgot about Black Friday...time to buy some new cosmetics and clothes.  ;) I know Ulta and F21 will be madhouses, but I'll budget myself. Since I've been preoccupied with my writing, I'm not eating as much so the food is lasting longer.

Written By: karen on 11/07/15 at 2:52 am

Bizarrely UK companies have leapt on the Black Friday sales gimmick

Written By: karen on 11/07/15 at 2:55 am

Last night I went to a school concert.  It was all the various wind and brass bands and ensembles.  James plays percussion with a beginner band.  At the end of the concert all the musicians came on stage to play Evening Hymn and Sunset which includes the 'Last Post'.  It was a Remembrance week tribute and was wonderful to watch.  They had only practiced it with everyone together for the first time just before the concert.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/07/15 at 8:15 pm

Had a nice visit with Max. I hope I talked him into coming back and posting. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/08/15 at 11:11 am

Had a nice visit with Max. I hope I talked him into coming back and posting. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Cat

Sounds like fun. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/webby/smiley.gif

I still have yet to meet a board member in person.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/08/15 at 2:10 pm

Cat

I found him insightful, even if I didn't agree with everything he said.

Written By: Howard on 11/08/15 at 2:56 pm

Sounds like fun. http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/webby/smiley.gif

I still have yet to meet a board member in person.

same here, I just hope one day there'd be a get together in New York.

Written By: nally on 11/08/15 at 9:23 pm

same here, I just hope one day there'd be a get together in New York.

or even in California, where I live. In fact, I'd be willing to travel anywhere in the US. I've saved up some money, and managed to earn some during the past month-and-a-half while I worked.

Written By: nally on 11/08/15 at 9:24 pm

I found him insightful, even if I didn't agree with everything he said.

Yeah, he has been well-liked on here and I often found some of his posts interesting in one way or another.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/09/15 at 9:46 am

Having dinner with one of my step-daughters and we will be meeting her boyfriend. She tells us that it is serious-which is why we are meeting him. We are hoping that she has found "The One."

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 11/11/15 at 3:39 pm

This was my fourth and final day off. I have been drained. I shouldn't have to say that on my days off. But one thing positive was that I made my second excilent cake in a 2 weeks. I'll get the pics, post them and describe in a bit.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/15 at 3:53 pm

Had my free meal at Applebee's.  :)

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/11/15 at 3:57 pm

This was my fourth and final day off. I have been drained. I shouldn't have to say that on my days off. But one thing positive was that I made my second excilent cake in a 2 weeks. I'll get the pics, post them and describe in a bit.

What kind of cake is it?  :)

Written By: Ripley on 11/11/15 at 4:09 pm

http://i66.tinypic.com/r0quja.jpg
The first was created on the night before Halloween. Its a slasher cake. 
German Chocolate with a vanilla whipped frosting.  I added food coloring until I got it looking peach.  The red coloring is obviously blood.  Simple but I think I did a great job. 

http://i63.tinypic.com/6gha1i.jpg
The second was on Sunday and I made enough for one whole cake but decided to just turn it into two round ones.  So technically its two cakes.  Both are vanilla with different coloring.  This took quit a while as I wanted it to look just right so when you cut into it you see the design, which wasn't fancy though lol.  But the frosting this time was a milk chocolate whipped and I made the frosting black and put red sprinkles.  I call this is a goth style cake.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/15 at 4:11 pm

http://i66.tinypic.com/r0quja.jpg
The first was created on the night before Halloween. Its a slasher cake. 
German Chocolate with a vanilla whipped frosting.  I added food coloring until I got it looking peach.  The red coloring is obviously blood.  Simple but I think I did a great job. 

http://i63.tinypic.com/6gha1i.jpg
The second was on Sunday and I made enough for one whole cake but decided to just turn it into two round ones.  So technically its two cakes.  Both are vanilla with different coloring.  This took quit a while as I wanted it to look just right so when you cut into it you see the design, which wasn't fancy though lol.  But the frosting this time was a milk chocolate whipped and I made the frosting black and put red sprinkles.  I call this is a goth style cake.

excellent O0

BTW, they look delicious. :)

Written By: Ripley on 11/11/15 at 4:11 pm

Cat

Cool!  What did you get?

Written By: Ripley on 11/11/15 at 4:14 pm

Happy Veterans Day by the way to anyone who has served and to those who are still in the military.  I have a cousin in the Air Force.  Though I haven't had much family involved in it I know the feeling of being both proud and worried about them.  He has been overseas, where the action was, two times. 

Written By: Ripley on 11/11/15 at 4:16 pm

excellent O0

BTW, they look delicious. :)

Thanks Howard!  I'm a natural at baking sweets!  I don't always remember the amount of ingredients but it always turns out right.  I can also judge if there is too much or too little of something in it though.  I also have some sugar cookies that I baked last week after the first cake was eatin in a couple of days.  The second on was gone by Tuesday afternoon.  lol  But there are plenty of cookies left if you want some Howard.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/15 at 4:30 pm

Cool!  What did you get?

Three-Cheese Chicken Penne.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 11/11/15 at 4:48 pm

Cat

Delicious!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/15 at 5:02 pm

Delicious!

It was-especially with the glass of sangria and the blondie for dessert.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/11/15 at 10:33 pm

Cat

Cool! :) I had one last year, but haven't been back since.

Cat

Delicious!

Why didn't I think of that when I was there?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/12/15 at 1:03 am

Cat

Thank you for your service.

Hubby and I tried to go to Olive Garden for his free meal, but there was over a hour wait and hubby doesn't like crowds, so we went and got Indian food instead.  :)  (No discount there, but the food was good and the waiter was great, so it doesn't matter if it was free or not.  At least it was dinner out.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/12/15 at 10:49 am

Cool! :) I had one last year, but haven't been back since.

A free meal?

Thank you for your service.

Hubby and I tried to go to Olive Garden for his free meal, but there was over a hour wait and hubby doesn't like crowds, so we went and got Indian food instead.  :)  (No discount there, but the food was good and the waiter was great, so it doesn't matter if it was free or not.  At least it was dinner out.)

Thanks.

Yesterday, I said to Hubby that I wish we had an Olive Garden around here. (The closest one is about an hour & a half ONE WAY.) Oh well. Applebee's is good. Once again, when we walked in, everyone ASSUMED Hubby was the vet, not me. I always love to see the look on their faces when they realize that I am the vet, not him.

Sorry your Hubby didn't get his free meal but Indian food sounds YUMMY. We ate at an Indian restaurant when we were in Philly (right across the street from our hotel). It was OUTSTANDING! We might have to go back to Philly just to go back to that restaurant. lol. 

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/12/15 at 11:37 am

A free meal?

Yes, a free meal. I had a coupon for one.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/12/15 at 11:58 am

Yes, a free meal. I had a coupon for one.

Gotcha.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/12/15 at 3:14 pm

Thanks Howard!  I'm a natural at baking sweets!  I don't always remember the amount of ingredients but it always turns out right.  I can also judge if there is too much or too little of something in it though.  I also have some sugar cookies that I baked last week after the first cake was eatin in a couple of days.  The second on was gone by Tuesday afternoon.  lol  But there are plenty of cookies left if you want some Howard.  :)

Oh boy I'd love some. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/13/15 at 2:33 am

Sorry your Hubby didn't get his free meal but Indian food sounds YUMMY. We ate at an Indian restaurant when we were in Philly (right across the street from our hotel). It was OUTSTANDING! We might have to go back to Philly just to go back to that restaurant. lol. 

Cat

We are lucky, we have/had 4 in the 10 miles around where we live.  Some are better then others, and hubby is a food critic.  :-X ;D  So we usually go to the closest one to where we live, which is really only down at the bottom of the hill where we live.  Very convenient.  The waiter though, told us this last time, that he never gets tips that are charged on the credit card, that the owner keeps them, instead of paying them to the waiter.  >:( >:( >:(  We almost never pay with cash (nor carry any anymore) so now we will have to make a point of having cash on hand, if we go back.

Written By: karen on 11/13/15 at 11:50 am

The fair is in town.  It comes every year at this time.

We are going as a family tomorrow to go on the dodgems and the carousel

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/13/15 at 12:47 pm

We are lucky, we have/had 4 in the 10 miles around where we live.  Some are better then others, and hubby is a food critic.  :-X ;D  So we usually go to the closest one to where we live, which is really only down at the bottom of the hill where we live.  Very convenient.  The waiter though, told us this last time, that he never gets tips that are charged on the credit card, that the owner keeps them, instead of paying them to the waiter.  >:( >:( >:(  We almost never pay with cash (nor carry any anymore) so now we will have to make a point of having cash on hand, if we go back.

Put the meal on the card and leave the tip in cash.

BTW, I think that might be illegal for the owner to do that.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 11/13/15 at 1:27 pm

I hope you have fun! The ones around here all happen in the summer.

Written By: Ripley on 11/13/15 at 1:28 pm

Oh boy I'd love some. :)

You should try my chocolate chip ones, they're the best.

Written By: nally on 11/13/15 at 3:06 pm

I'd love to try 'em!! :D

Written By: Howard on 11/13/15 at 3:28 pm

Enjoy! :)

Written By: Howard on 11/13/15 at 3:29 pm

Do you think it's possible?

Written By: violet_shy on 11/13/15 at 6:26 pm

Woke up early this morning and had a nice breakfast with my parents. Then I spent the afternoon with my boyfriend, we went to the Providence Place Mall and watched a movie at the cinema. The movie was called "The Intern". It had good reviews so we watched. It was actually a comedy/drama film. Has anyone else seen it?

Hope everyone is having a super great weekend!

Written By: Ripley on 11/14/15 at 9:40 am

I'd love to try 'em!! :D

I'll let you guys try my cookie brownies!

Written By: karen on 11/14/15 at 9:53 am

Weather is awful today so we didn't go to the fair after all.  Luckily Dai and I went last night while the kids were doing Scouts and karate so I got my annual ride on the carousel.

Friends are visiting later today (a last minute arrangement) and I am taking the school team (and James ) to the British Schools Orienteering Championships tomorrow.  Long drive means an early start, the bus leaves at 6.30!  :o

Written By: nally on 11/14/15 at 1:25 pm

Woke up early this morning and had a nice breakfast with my parents. Then I spent the afternoon with my boyfriend, we went to the Providence Place Mall and watched a movie at the cinema. The movie was called "The Intern". It had good reviews so we watched. It was actually a comedy/drama film. Has anyone else seen it?

Hope everyone is having a super great weekend!

Sounds like you had a good day! :)

Written By: Howard on 11/14/15 at 5:46 pm

I'll let you guys try my cookie brownies!

How good are they?  :)

Written By: violet_shy on 11/14/15 at 6:11 pm

Sounds like you had a good day! :)

I did! Today it was just my mother and I. Went for a nice walk with her as a workout. It is so cold today my hands were freezing!

Written By: snozberries on 11/14/15 at 11:04 pm

Weather is awful today so we didn't go to the fair after all.  Luckily Dai and I went last night while the kids were doing Scouts and karate so I got my annual ride on the carousel.

Friends are visiting later today (a last minute arrangement) and I am taking the school team (and James ) to the British Schools Orienteering Championships tomorrow.  Long drive means an early start, the bus leaves at 6.30!  :o

630!?! Can you sleep on the bus?

Written By: snozberries on 11/14/15 at 11:09 pm

Just came back from a 3 day weekend (my weekend was wed, th, fri) in Vegas! Saw Diana Ross in concert. She looked and sounded amazing.

Then I made Willy Wonka my bitch playing the Willy Wonka slots. I won quite a bit...then he made me his bitch and took it all back  ;D

Saw the family I knew since I first lived in Vegas when I was 5 those kids grew up eally messed up all in all I did alright in my life. I'm happy and relatively healthy. And not addicted to anything but tv and celebrities. All in all I came out on top. But it was nice to see them and fun to reminisce.

All in all it was a great weekend.

Written By: nally on 11/15/15 at 12:05 am

I did! Today it was just my mother and I. Went for a nice walk with her as a workout. It is so cold today my hands were freezing!

Very nice. :) Glad you got some exercise too.

Written By: nally on 11/15/15 at 12:07 am

Just came back from a 3 day weekend (my weekend was wed, th, fri) in Vegas! Saw Diana Ross in concert. She looked and sounded amazing.

Then I made Willy Wonka my bitch playing the Willy Wonka slots. I won quite a bit...then he made me his bitch and took it all back  ;D

Saw the family I knew since I first lived in Vegas when I was 5 those kids grew up eally messed up all in all I did alright in my life. I'm happy and relatively healthy. And not addicted to anything but tv and celebrities. All in all I came out on top. But it was nice to see them and fun to reminisce.

Sounds like fun...

Written By: Ripley on 11/15/15 at 8:18 am

How good are they?  :)

They're better than plain brownies!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/15/15 at 10:07 am

Sounds fun. I LOVE slot machines-all too much.  :-[  But, I do have a partner in crime-my SIL. When we are in PR, the two of us goes to the casino while Hubby stays home. I get my slot machine fix. And sometimes I actually win.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: karen on 11/15/15 at 12:43 pm

630!?! Can you sleep on the bus?

Nope.  I have this secret fear that the driver will fall asleep at the wheel so I have to stay awake to keep an eye on him

Anyway it was worth the early start.

Elizabeth won her age group, we won medals in two year group categories and won overall.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/15/15 at 2:03 pm

Nope.  I have this secret fear that the driver will fall asleep at the wheel so I have to stay awake to keep an eye on him

Elizabeth won her age group, we won medals in two year group categories and won overall.

Yay!!!

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/15/15 at 2:40 pm

WTG Miss E!

Written By: Howard on 11/15/15 at 3:04 pm

glad you had a good day. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/15/15 at 3:05 pm

They're better than plain brownies!

I've never had a cookie brownie before.

Written By: snozberries on 11/15/15 at 4:56 pm

glad you had a good day. :)

Many thanks Howard.

Written By: annimal on 11/15/15 at 5:41 pm

I had found an old non implant needed hearing aid and had bought some batteries for it.  I put  it in my right ear earlier and listened to Low Rider.  Yes, can pick up the sax in it so much better.  Might want to get an implant for my right ear later on some time.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/15/15 at 6:18 pm

November is here
No need for fear
The turkey is dead
Millenium Mansion must be fed

:ducks:.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/15/15 at 8:58 pm

Sounds like tons of fun.  Makes up for doing house clean-up today.  lol about the slots, I have that same habit.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/15/15 at 8:59 pm

I had found an old non implant needed hearing aid and had bought some batteries for it.  I put  it in my right ear earlier and listened to Low Rider.  Yes, can pick up the sax in it so much better.  Might want to get an implant for my right ear later on some time.

That's cool Ann.

Written By: snozberries on 11/15/15 at 9:00 pm

Sounds like tons of fun.  Makes up for doing house clean-up today.  lol about the slots, I have that same habit.

Funny thing. It was the Willy Wonka slots so there was music from the movie. I was singing and dancing and gesturing in my seat. I never looked behind me but my mother said I was quite entertaining to the others in the casino  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/15/15 at 9:01 pm

That's so awesome.  I love carousels too.

And glad that Ms. E did so well at her competition.

Written By: annimal on 11/15/15 at 9:29 pm

That's cool Ann.

I can hear Aerosmith Dream On the best with my right ear it seems.  My right ear still seems much stronger then my left ear, so for things not real high pitched, I'm not balenced.  It's awesome to hear some instruments again though.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/15/15 at 11:25 pm

Funny thing. It was the Willy Wonka slots so there was music from the movie. I was singing and dancing and gesturing in my seat. I never looked behind me but my mother said I was quite entertaining to the others in the casino  ;D

When I went back to take care of my mother last year, she was supposed to get some walking exercise (her choice of places to walk?  The casino.  Hey, walking from macine to machine is exercise (of a sort).  So anyway, I, too, played the Willy Wonka slots there, and did well for a time, and generously gave it back. And I too, sang and chair-danced to the music.  lol  Then my mother found a slot based on Little Shop of Horrors, which I loved and did... well on, and by this time, actually wisened up about keeping the small winnings and high-tailing it out of there.  :P

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/15/15 at 11:40 pm

I have been having alot of sinus headaches lately, especially at night when I try to go to sleep. I already have trouble sleeping because of sleep apnea, so I try to sleep with a bazillion (slightly exaggerated) pillows, which makes my posture bad and usually ends up hurting my back or knees or legs or all three at once.  So, I am at a crossroads, although I do have a solution, I just have to investigate it more.  I saw a commercial for a travel-size Cpap machine.  For those that don't know, a cpap machine is more-or-less an oxygen tank hooked up by hose to what equates to a Darth Vader mask that you sleep with.  My brother has one, and it looks horribly uncomfortable (but since it helps him to breathe, and as long as he takes his epilepsy medicine, he will not have (probably) any more instances where he stops breathing and falls out of bed.  I don't know if you remember me mentioning that he did this three or four times within a span of a year or two.  These attacks happened 13 years ago (so maybe I was not a member here at the time, can't remember.)  Anyway, these Cpap machines have oxygen, and being as I (hopefully) will be on a plane to an exotic location in January, I would not be able to fly with it.  (Pilots generally frown upon passengers with dangerous explosive tanks on board, go figure).  So, to make a long story short (too late), I saw a commercial recently about a portable cpap machine that follows FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) standards and is allowed on flights (of course, I do not know if other countries would allow such a device on board one of their planes, but that is part of the investigation.)  Of course, I could do the easy thing and actually lose a bunch of weight so that I could breathe better, but who wants to do that?  :-\\ :-[ :P ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/15 at 11:04 am

I have been having alot of sinus headaches lately, especially at night when I try to go to sleep. I already have trouble sleeping because of sleep apnea, so I try to sleep with a bazillion (slightly exaggerated) pillows, which makes my posture bad and usually ends up hurting my back or knees or legs or all three at once.  So, I am at a crossroads, although I do have a solution, I just have to investigate it more.  I saw a commercial for a travel-size Cpap machine.  For those that don't know, a cpap machine is more-or-less an oxygen tank hooked up by hose to what equates to a Darth Vader mask that you sleep with.  My brother has one, and it looks horribly uncomfortable (but since it helps him to breathe, and as long as he takes his epilepsy medicine, he will not have (probably) any more instances where he stops breathing and falls out of bed.  I don't know if you remember me mentioning that he did this three or four times within a span of a year or two.  These attacks happened 13 years ago (so maybe I was not a member here at the time, can't remember.)  Anyway, these Cpap machines have oxygen, and being as I (hopefully) will be on a plane to an exotic location in January, I would not be able to fly with it.  (Pilots generally frown upon passengers with dangerous explosive tanks on board, go figure).  So, to make a long story short (too late), I saw a commercial recently about a portable cpap machine that follows FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) standards and is allowed on flights (of course, I do not know if other countries would allow such a device on board one of their planes, but that is part of the investigation.)  Of course, I could do the easy thing and actually lose a bunch of weight so that I could breathe better, but who wants to do that?  :-\\ :-[ :P ;)

I think (not sure) that one of my sisters uses a Cpap machine. They are more common than people realize. Hopefully you can find one that will help you.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 11/16/15 at 12:23 pm

I just got done baking two more cakes and the cookie brownies. Here they are:

http://i65.tinypic.com/2i6cpc1.jpg
Cookie brownies
http://i66.tinypic.com/20a9iix.jpg
Strawberry cake with milk chocolate frosting and sprinkles.
http://i64.tinypic.com/2wns8er.jpg
Vanilla cake with butter cream frosting that I make a pinkish cream color.

Written By: Ripley on 11/16/15 at 12:26 pm

I used to have a lost of sinus headaches.  I get them still from time to time but I don't know why not as much now.  But my mom gets them all the time.  My sister has mild migraines.  So I know its no fun.  I'm sorry.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/15 at 12:31 pm

9 time out of 10 my headaches are sinus related and I get them A LOT! In fact, I have a slight one right now. It is not as bad as some others that I have had. I just hope it doesn't get any worse.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/16/15 at 2:02 pm

9 time out of 10 my headaches are sinus related and I get them A LOT! In fact, I have a slight one right now. It is not as bad as some others that I have had. I just hope it doesn't get any worse.

Cat

I can relate. Sometimes for me it's just the pressure...but other times it escalates to pain as well.

Feel better asap, Cat.

I used to have a lost of sinus headaches.  I get them still from time to time but I don't know why not as much now.  But my mom gets them all the time.  My sister has mild migraines.  So I know its no fun.  I'm sorry.

There was a time in my life when I had 'em frequently as well. You're right, it never is any fun. :P

Written By: Howard on 11/16/15 at 3:11 pm

I just got done baking two more cakes and the cookie brownies. Here they are:

http://i65.tinypic.com/2i6cpc1.jpg
Cookie brownies
http://i66.tinypic.com/20a9iix.jpg
Strawberry cake with milk chocolate frosting and sprinkles.
http://i64.tinypic.com/2wns8er.jpg
Vanilla cake with butter cream frosting that I make a pinkish cream color.

What other cakes will you make?  :)

Written By: annimal on 11/17/15 at 12:07 pm

bop bop bop  Frosty the snowman Jan n Dean  man i love it  back to my childhood with Christmas music.  Also  pretty baby ooh pretty baby with the CA Raisins.  Makes me think of Johnny Bravo these days for some reason. 

Written By: Howard on 11/17/15 at 3:03 pm

This Friday My Family will be going to my uncle's house to celebrate my Grandmother's 98th birthday.

change of plans, we're going to have the party at the nursing home.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/17/15 at 4:01 pm

This Friday My Family will be going to my uncle's house to celebrate my Grandmother's 98th birthday.

Wow! My grandmother lived to be 99 1/2 years young.

Cat

Written By: Ripley on 11/17/15 at 5:59 pm

How awesome! I hope she has a great day

Written By: nally on 11/17/15 at 10:21 pm

Happy early birthday to your grandma. Glad she has made it this far in life. :)

Cat

My grandma only made it to 92 1/2, but some of her relatives lived longer.

Written By: nally on 11/17/15 at 10:24 pm

Anyways... today I had a good day. In the afternoon I went to the library for a volunteer appreciation party. The past two years they had done this sorta thing in December, honoring volunteers in a holiday-themed party with mostly Christmas decorations, but this year they decided to do it in November, with a "Thanks for Giving" motif with fall decorations. I ate a lot of food and had a good time. :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/18/15 at 10:18 am

Anyways... today I had a good day. In the afternoon I went to the library for a volunteer appreciation party. The past two years they had done this sorta thing in December, honoring volunteers in a holiday-themed party with mostly Christmas decorations, but this year they decided to do it in November, with a "Thanks for Giving" motif with fall decorations. I ate a lot of food and had a good time. :)

Thanks for Giving... I like that!  Glad you had a good time

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/18/15 at 10:53 am

Going to an auction tonight-something we haven't done in months. We really don't need any more crap stuff but old habits die hard. I am trying to make strides getting rid of the crap stuff we have. Had a couple of good months at our booth. We are stopping by there on our way to the auction to restock the shelves. Hopefully, the crap stuff we bring there won't come back.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/18/15 at 12:30 pm

Thanks for Giving... I like that!  Glad you had a good time

Yes, it was nice. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/18/15 at 3:26 pm

Cat

My Grandmother is the last living in her family, she definitely lived a good life. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/18/15 at 3:27 pm

How awesome! I hope she has a great day

She's not in the best condition, we're trying to do good things for her before she leaves this earth :(

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/18/15 at 10:44 pm

Sounds nice

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/18/15 at 10:54 pm

I have developed a habit of going to do trivia at least once a week (if not twice at two different bars,) and a third night I go to the first bar that I play trivia at to play "Name that tune/70s and 80s edition" which I usually do well at.  Last Thursday, I won first at Name that tune, which gave me a 25 dollar gift card, but we skipped the trivia at same bar on Monday.  I went to trivia last night and won first (20 gift card) at the second bar.  So, now I've got enough gift cards to pay for several weeks worth of trivia/Name that tune events (probably enough to last until we leave for Thailand.)  So I am happy about that.

Written By: nally on 11/19/15 at 12:31 pm

I have developed a habit of going to do trivia at least once a week (if not twice at two different bars,) and a third night I go to the first bar that I play trivia at to play "Name that tune/70s and 80s edition" which I usually do well at.  Last Thursday, I won first at Name that tune, which gave me a 25 dollar gift card, but we skipped the trivia at same bar on Monday.  I went to trivia last night and won first (20 gift card) at the second bar.  So, now I've got enough gift cards to pay for several weeks worth of trivia/Name that tune events (probably enough to last until we leave for Thailand.)  So I am happy about that.

ooh, sounds like fun! :) I enjoy playing trivia games; on each of my cruise trips I played such games. Lotsa fun indeed.

Written By: snozberries on 11/19/15 at 1:03 pm

That's Fantastic

Written By: nally on 11/19/15 at 10:15 pm

So as you know, I have been making some job applications these past two weeks. Today I got a phone call from one of the places I applied to; I told the person a little bit about myself and my work experience background; I then scheduled an interview for next Monday morning. This will be for a part-time data entry/accounting position that is kinda far from me (about 25 miles one way). If hired, I would only need to go there for a few hours a day, for two or three days a week. (IOW, the hours will be flexible. So I don't need to worry about making that commute every single day.)

Written By: snozberries on 11/20/15 at 3:16 am

So as you know, I have been making some job applications these past two weeks. Today I got a phone call from one of the places I applied to; I told the person a little bit about myself and my work experience background; I then scheduled an interview for next Monday morning. This will be for a part-time data entry/accounting position that is kinda far from me (about 25 miles one way). If hired, I would only need to go there for a few hours a day, for two or three days a week. (IOW, the hours will be flexible. So I don't need to worry about making that commute every single day.)

That's great Jeff good luck.

FYI (in our area 25 miles isn't really considered a big commute.  ;) that's pretty normal....you can handle it. :)  )

Written By: Howard on 11/20/15 at 7:23 am

wonderful news Jeff. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/15 at 11:10 am

Way cool. I'm sure you will do fine.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/20/15 at 2:27 pm

That's great Jeff good luck.

FYI (in our area 25 miles isn't really considered a big commute.  ;) that's pretty normal....you can handle it. :)  )

I knew that. :) It's just that it can be hectic sometimes, especially having to battle traffic jams during rush hr for a good part of that journey. This place is in Agoura. If it were anywhere to the east, such as Calabasas or even in the SF Valley, then that'd be a different story.

Written By: nally on 11/20/15 at 2:28 pm

wonderful news Jeff. :)

Way cool. I'm sure you will do fine.

Cat

Thank you both. :) I am overall feeling pretty confident about the interview.

Written By: Ripley on 11/20/15 at 2:59 pm

She's not in the best condition, we're trying to do good things for her before she leaves this earth :(

I'm sorry. My grandpa is developing Alzheimer's and my grandma has a bad hip :(

Written By: snozberries on 11/20/15 at 3:11 pm

I knew that. :) It's just that it can be hectic sometimes, especially having to battle traffic jams during rush hr for a good part of that journey. This place is in Agoura. If it were anywhere to the east, such as Calabasas or even in the SF Valley, then that'd be a different story.

I love agoura hills.  Yeah going to the San Fernando valley everyday would be quite a commute. Good thing it's not there.

I have a friend who commutes from woodland hills
To Santa Barbara everyday. He worked 12hr shifts that's 4-5 hours of
Driving a day!!!  :o  he finally moved to Goleta last year now his drive is 5 minutes.

I also know someone who commutes from arroyo grande which is a long drive.

Most of the people I work with live in Lompoc or Santa Maria and several live in Santa Paula/Filmore  and Oxnard.  All horrible drives with lots of traffic.

Written By: snozberries on 11/20/15 at 3:12 pm

That sucks  :(

Written By: snozberries on 11/20/15 at 3:18 pm

Went to the premiere of Creed last night. (Great movie!)

Saw sly, Michael b Jordan, Tessa Thompson, sold lundgren, Wesley snipes & Arnold Swartzenegger

Shook hands with and had a brief conversation with Octavia Spencer & directed Ava Duvernay (Selma) and took a pic with Ava & Oscar De La Hoya. 

All in all it was a great night!

Written By: Ripley on 11/20/15 at 9:41 pm

That sucks  :(

He sometimes forgets who important people in his life are :'(

Written By: nally on 11/20/15 at 9:41 pm

Sorry to hear this. :(

I had a grandparent who developed Alzheimers and eventually died of complications from it (namely my paternal grandma, in 2012 at age 84); she also had a bad hip. Not an easy thing to deal with, by any means.

Written By: Ripley on 11/20/15 at 9:44 pm

Sorry to hear this. :(

I had a grandparent who developed Alzheimers and eventually died of complications from it (namely my paternal grandma, in 2012 at age 84); she also had a bad hip. Not an easy thing to deal with, by any means.

He is in a nursing home it makes me so sad, this man raised me

Written By: nally on 11/20/15 at 9:54 pm

It is still sad, nonetheless.

I have a great-aunt who has been in a nursing home for the past three years. She began forgetting things, and we suspected it might be Alzheimers, but it turns out that it was actually dementia.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/21/15 at 12:43 am

Went to the premiere of Creed last night. (Great movie!)

Saw sly, Michael b Jordan, Tessa Thompson, sold lundgren, Wesley snipes & Arnold Swartzenegger

Shook hands with and had a brief conversation with Octavia Spencer & directed Ava Duvernay (Selma) and took a pic with Ava & Oscar De La Hoya. 

All in all it was a great night!

That's cool.  You and your celebrities!

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/15 at 1:44 am

That's cool.  You and your celebrities!

I know. I was in heaven! And the movie was really really good!

Written By: Howard on 11/21/15 at 7:47 am

My Grandmother is 98, she has some bouts of confusion sometimes and she doesn't realize she's in a nursing home, she still thinks she's still living in Delray Beach, Florida where she used to live.

Subject: I hope everyone has a good thanksgiving.......

Written By: Dude111 on 11/21/15 at 7:48 am

Thank you for all being members here.... This is a good site!!

Written By: Howard on 11/21/15 at 7:49 am

My Grandmother has that too, her mind is still there but not quite there.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/15 at 7:51 am

My Grandmother is in a nursing home, I felt kind of awkward wanting to hug her yesterday cause I was thinking maybe she couldn't remember my name and who I was to her. :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/21/15 at 10:16 am

I think I may be coming down with something. Haven't felt right for the past few days. My sinuses are draining and I have been feeling a bit feverish. Have been taking some echinacea but don't know how effective it is.  :-\\

I am glad that it is THIS week and not next. Too much is going on next week. Thanksgiving with step-daughter #2 & SIL is coming home with us-YAY!! Then on Saturday is the youngest grandkid's 3rd birthday party (his birthday isn't until next month-the 22nd, but my step-daughter #3 usually has his party early so it doesn't interfere with Christmas-and I think she is having it very early this year so SIL & Granddaughter #2 can be part of it). After the party, SIL & Granddaughter #2 will be coming home with us. Then next Sunday, the 4 of us will go to see Flashdance: The Musical on stage. Then the next day, we drive both SIL & Granddaughter back to step-daughter's house so they can fly back to California the following day.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Very quick visit for SIL. Carlos' ex took two of the granddaughters (#1 & #4) across country. There (California) they picked up Granddaughter #2. So, there are THREE girls in the backseat of their small car. I'm sure that went smooth.  ::)  Granddaughter #2 isn't ready to fly back home alone (she is 11) so SIL will fly out here to fly back with her. And it gives us a chance to visit with SIL. I am wondering how Granddaughter #3 feels about this-she was left in California. She might enjoy having her parents to herself for a while-or not.

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/21/15 at 10:49 am

I hope you have a good thanksgiving too.

Written By: nally on 11/21/15 at 10:50 am

My Grandmother is in a nursing home, I felt kind of awkward wanting to hug her yesterday cause I was thinking maybe she couldn't remember my name and who I was to her. :(

My paternal grandma was sorta like that during the last couple years of her life, when she was in the severe stages of Alzheimers. We had to be careful around her.

Still, happy birthday to your grandma. :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/15 at 12:22 pm

My Grandmother is 98, she has some bouts of confusion sometimes and she doesn't realize she's in a nursing home, she still thinks she's still living in Delray Beach, Florida where she used to live.

You know I know that may seem sad that she doesn't know where she is but I think it's kinda sweet she can settle in a happier place and time in her head. Hopefully she's happy that way.

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/15 at 12:23 pm

Did she remember?

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/15 at 12:25 pm

I think I may be coming down with something. Haven't felt right for the past few days. My sinuses are draining and I have been feeling a bit feverish. Have been taking some echinacea but don't know how effective it is.  :-\\

I am glad that it is THIS week and not next. Too much is going on next week. Thanksgiving with step-daughter #2 & SIL is coming home with us-YAY!! Then on Saturday is the youngest grandkid's 3rd birthday party (his birthday isn't until next month-the 22nd, but my step-daughter #3 usually has his party early so it doesn't interfere with Christmas-and I think she is having it very early this year so SIL & Granddaughter #2 can be part of it). After the party, SIL & Granddaughter #2 will be coming home with us. Then next Sunday, the 4 of us will go to see Flashdance: The Musical on stage. Then the next day, we drive both SIL & Granddaughter back to step-daughter's house so they can fly back to California the following day.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Very quick visit for SIL. Carlos' ex took two of the granddaughters (#1 & #4) across country. There (California) they picked up Granddaughter #2. So, there are THREE girls in the backseat of their small car. I'm sure that went smooth.  ::)  Granddaughter #2 isn't ready to fly back home alone (she is 11) so SIL will fly out here to fly back with her. And it gives us a chance to visit with SIL. I am wondering how Granddaughter #3 feels about this-she was left in California. She might enjoy having her parents to herself for a while-or not.

Cat

Feel better soon Cat cuz that's a busy schedule!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/21/15 at 12:28 pm

Feel better soon Cat cuz that's a busy schedule!

Thanks. I am feeling a bit better. Took a long, hot bath and then laid down for a short period of time. I felt a bit guilty for being in bed in the middle of the day.

Cat

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/21/15 at 1:24 pm

I deflected two Thanksgiving invitations from my family who choose now to give the appearance of "caring". Not at all. I want to be to myself, eat some chicken alfredo and watch the Macy's parade. Just veg out and relax.

Subject: Re: I hope everyone has a good thanksgiving.......

Written By: annimal on 11/21/15 at 4:37 pm

[/quote
welcome, this and one other I go to are awesome sites

Written By: Howard on 11/21/15 at 6:06 pm

I think I may be coming down with something. Haven't felt right for the past few days. My sinuses are draining and I have been feeling a bit feverish. Have been taking some echinacea but don't know how effective it is

Feel Better. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/21/15 at 6:07 pm

You know I know that may seem sad that she doesn't know where she is but I think it's kinda sweet she can settle in a happier place and time in her head. Hopefully she's happy that way.

Thanks Q, hopefully she can make it to 100.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/15 at 6:08 pm

Did she remember?

She just stared at me.

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/15 at 9:34 pm

Thanks. I am feeling a bit better. Took a long, hot bath and then laid down for a short period of time. I felt a bit guilty for being in bed in the middle of the day.

Cat

That's one thing I never feel guilty about  ;D

Glad it worked and you're feeling better

Written By: nally on 11/22/15 at 11:30 pm

change of plans, we're going to have the party at the nursing home.

Speaking of birthdays... yesterday (Saturday) was my mom's birthday and we have been celebrating all weekend. :)

Written By: annimal on 11/23/15 at 1:39 pm

Our family will be leaving on Thursday to my aunt Rosie and Uncle Mike's house.  We'll be meeting up also with my brother John whom had left the house and went to Mexico.  We might be back by 3 on Saturday.

Written By: nally on 11/23/15 at 2:55 pm

So...my interview seemed to go well today. The person interviewing me said that there would be other candidates interviewing for this position this week (even though it's a short week), but I will be contacted next week after all the candidates (including me) have been evaluated. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/23/15 at 3:18 pm

Speaking of birthdays... yesterday (Saturday) was my mom's birthday and we have been celebrating all weekend. :)

Happy Birthday to your Mother. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/23/15 at 3:19 pm

So...my interview seemed to go well today. The person interviewing me said that there would be other candidates interviewing for this position this week (even though it's a short week), but I will be contacted next week after all the candidates (including me) have been evaluated. :)

that's wonderful. :)

Written By: nally on 11/23/15 at 3:19 pm

Happy Birthday to your Mother. :)

Thank you. :) We even went out for dinner last night. (Couldn't do so on Saturday night because we had other things going on.)

Written By: Ripley on 11/24/15 at 12:45 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

Written By: violet_shy on 11/26/15 at 9:40 am

Just wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving! :)

Written By: annimal on 11/26/15 at 10:06 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.  I'll be back in 2 or 3  days. 

Written By: nally on 11/26/15 at 12:53 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

Thanks. I'll probably find out next week, either by email or phonecall.

Written By: nally on 11/26/15 at 12:55 pm

Same to you!! I hope everyone has a good day.

For me, this will be the first time having it at home with just my parents and me.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/15 at 2:48 pm

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/26/15 at 2:49 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.  I'll be back in 2 or 3  days.

see you soon.  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/26/15 at 2:50 pm

Same to you!! I hope everyone has a good day.

For me, this will be the first time having it at home with just my parents and me.

I'll be going to a relative's house for Thanksgiving.

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/26/15 at 3:59 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/15 at 8:13 am

How was everyone's Thanksgiving?  :)

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/27/15 at 4:04 pm

How was everyone's Thanksgiving?  :)

It was fun. Loved the cozy vibe from it. Its still here, but fading now. Definitely a memorable day.

Written By: nally on 11/27/15 at 6:55 pm

I'll be going to a relative's house for Thanksgiving.

Hope you had a good time. :)

Written By: nally on 11/27/15 at 6:56 pm

It was fun. Loved the cozy vibe from it. Its still here, but fading now. Definitely a memorable day.

That's good. For most of my life, I have been accustomed to sharing the holiday with family members. But now most of them have either passed on or moved far away. I'm just grateful for those family members that I do have the chance to spend the holiday with (in this case, my mom & dad). :)

Written By: Howard on 11/28/15 at 7:08 am

I definitely enjoyed the dinner even though it was a bit too much and I ate myself silly.  :P

Written By: Howard on 11/28/15 at 7:09 am

Hope you had a good time. :)

It was a really good dinner, enjoyed myself and the food was wonderful. :)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/28/15 at 2:42 pm

I hope all you guys had a great thanksgiving, I know I had a blast!!! :D 8)

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/28/15 at 4:06 pm

That's good. For most of my life, I have been accustomed to sharing the holiday with family members. But now most of them have either passed on or moved far away. I'm just grateful for those family members that I do have the chance to spend the holiday with (in this case, my mom & dad). :)

I really appreciate that response. I wouldn't mention lost ones. As they moved on, its better to follow.
I definitely enjoyed the dinner even though it was a bit too much and I ate myself silly.  :P

I can relate. Sometimes left overs can be killer. You start to crave other varieties.

That's what I want to hear.

Written By: nally on 11/28/15 at 4:26 pm

I really appreciate that response. I wouldn't mention lost ones. As they moved on, its better to follow.

Yes... but I feel it's still appropriate to at least acknowledge them, especially if they are part of your family.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/15 at 5:34 pm

mine was so delicious.

Written By: annimal on 11/28/15 at 7:07 pm

Hi I'm back and had a nice thanksgiving with my Aunt and Uncle.  As usual my mom upset me.

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/30/15 at 12:59 pm

Yes... but I feel it's still appropriate to at least acknowledge them, especially if they are part of your family.

I understand now. It wouldn't be healthy to leave them completely forgotten.

Written By: nally on 11/30/15 at 2:55 pm

On this last day of the month, I am looking for more work to apply to; so far I've heard nothing back from the place I applied to last week (they could be evaluating all the people they interviewed; in addition, last week was a short week).

Written By: Howard on 11/30/15 at 3:13 pm

On this last day of the month, I am looking for more work to apply to; so far I've heard nothing back from the place I applied to last week (they could be evaluating all the people they interviewed; in addition, last week was a short week).

keep trying and don't give up. :)

Written By: nally on 11/30/15 at 10:42 pm

keep trying and don't give up. :)

I will not give up. :)

In fact, I made two applications today.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/15 at 3:07 pm

I will not give up. :)

In fact, I made two applications today.

fantastic. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...