inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Coupons

Written By: Ripley on 02/12/16 at 11:08 am

With so many things being on our phones now, I see digital coupons all the time. There arent near as many in the newspaper. Though there are those sites where they can be printed its a time consuming process. My local grocery store mails us some, which is nice. How many of you still use physical coupons?

Subject: Re: Coupons

Written By: karen on 02/12/16 at 11:59 am

My phone won't support technical things like coupons/bar codes.

I use some coupons issued by the supermarkets I shop at.  Plus the occasional special offer by Subway or Dominoes Pizza.

Coupon booklets by companies like Proctor and Gamble are not available in the UK like they are in the US

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/16 at 12:35 pm

The only coupons I see these days are for cheaper meals at McDonald's, but I rarely eat there now.

Written By: nally on 02/12/16 at 1:40 pm

I still use the paper versions; they're easiest for me.

Written By: Howard on 02/12/16 at 2:56 pm

With so many things being on our phones now, I see digital coupons all the time. There arent near as many in the newspaper. Though there are those sites where they can be printed its a time consuming process. My local grocery store mails us some, which is nice. How many of you still use physical coupons?

My Father And I use physical coupons all the time when Him And I go food shopping.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/16 at 2:57 pm

I still use the paper versions; they're easiest for me.
Easier to present to the cashier at the till.

Written By: Howard on 02/12/16 at 3:43 pm

and the line goes faster.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/16 at 3:51 pm

and the line goes faster.
The phone may not work?

Written By: Howard on 02/13/16 at 8:38 am

The phone may not work?

phones may work when scanning coupons to the cashier when buying hot and cold drinks at certain coffee shops.

Written By: Ripley on 02/13/16 at 8:44 am

phones may work when scanning coupons to the cashier when buying hot and cold drinks at certain coffee shops.

At my work we have to manually punch in the coupon numbers.

Written By: Howard on 02/13/16 at 9:12 am

At my work we have to manually punch in the coupon numbers.

How long does that take?

Written By: Ripley on 02/13/16 at 9:14 am

How long does that take?

Not long

Written By: nally on 02/13/16 at 10:20 pm

Right; I just take 'em out of my pocket (or wallet, wherever I store 'em) and present them when needed.

Written By: Howard on 02/14/16 at 3:25 pm

There are some coupons where now you can scan with your iPhone.

Written By: Katluver on 03/02/16 at 3:07 pm

I've heard about the digital ones, but I don't bother using those since I'm having issues with my phone at the moment.
We do have a few coupons found in papers or in the stores, but usually they're found online, where they can be printed off or mailed (I actually prefer the latter since it saves me on ink).
I try to shop with coupons around sales, but I haven't had too much luck with that.

Written By: whistledog on 03/04/16 at 11:44 pm

The only coupons I ever use are the Best Buy $5.00 off ones I print from their website, or the 2 for 1 Cineplex Movie Theatre passes I get when I order from Pizza Pizza.

Check for new replies or respond here...